Ceremonies That Will Touch Your Heart

Congratulations! If you are looking for a fully customized ceremony or something short and sweet, your love can be celebrated in whatever way feels right for you. It would be my honor to be part of this joyous occasion.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Nondenominational, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

TOMS RIVER, NJ Jersey Shore and surrounding areas (201) 230-4485

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Tara C

Rev Christine was absolutely amazing and wonderful to work with! From the first initial email and first meeting with her, she was so warm and inviting. It is very obvious that marrying others is truly her passion! She provided detailed information to help my husband and I create... Read More our dream ceremony. She was very communicative and helpful throughout our planning process. On the day of the wedding, she helped make sure it was very relaxed and easy for myself and my husband by taking care of the details with the readers, DJ, and all the other so that we could just focus on the joy of our wedding day. Our guests were beyond touched by the words and readings within in ceremony! She was very helpful with information for the marriage license process and provided information to help me change my name as well! Rev Christine is more than we could have ever asked for in a wedding officiant and if there was a possibility of giving her more than 5 stars my husband and I definitely would! Thank you so much Rev Christine for everything! We highly, highly recommend her!

2017-07-17T12:39:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! it was truly my pleasure to be your wedding officiant!

Reviewed on 5/09/2016

Reverend Christine gave us exactly the ceremony we always dreamed we would have. From our first meeting with her, we realized right away that she was the perfect person to preside over our ceremony. We had a level of comfort and chemistry with her that put us at ease... Read More immediately. We could tell right away that Christine sincerely wanted the best for us, and would give us genuine support and guidance throughout the whole process. Over the course of the months leading up to the wedding, Christine checked in with us several times, and took it upon herself to coordinate with our venue and wedding band to ensure all of the details were in place for the ceremony. I decided at the last minute, only about a month before the wedding, that I wanted to do a rehearsal the night before the wedding. Even though we didn't give her much advanced notice, Christine was able to come to the rehearsal, helped us lead and organize our large bridal party, and gave us tips and guidance for the ceremony the next day. The highlight of Reverend Christine’s services, of course, was the ceremony itself. Needless to say it was an emotional day for both of us, and during the ceremony she would make eye contact with us and give us both reassuring nods and looks to let us know that we were doing OK. It all happens so quickly and it's very easy to lose yourself in the moment, yet her comforting mannerisms just kept us both grounded and focused on each other. Our entire experience with Reverend Christine was absolute excellence from start to finish. She is sincere and supportive, and performed a heartfelt ceremony for the most special day of our lives.

2016-05-09T16:58:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. I appreciate the good review. It was truly my pleasure to officiate your wedding.

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Cara

Rev Chris was a great choice for us and our wedding. We wanted someone who was spiritual but not too religious and also someone who would be accommodating to our busy schedules and our short timelines for planning our wedding. Rev Chris was all of these things and more. We... Read More appreciated her time and responsiveness and accommodating our schedules. She offered great guidance and advice and was a calming voice on the day of the ceremony. She was as much a part of our special day as our family and friends. I would highly recommend her!

2015-07-27T16:32:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this wonderful review. I so appreciate your kind and generous words. Thank you.

Reviewed on 12/30/2017 Aubrey D

Reverend Christine was an absolute pleasure to work with!! She has such a genuine, kind and calm way about her that made my fiancé and I so comfortable during our special day. When your standing at the altar it is SO nerve wrecking but looking at her made us relax and remember... Read More to enjoy the moment. It was important to us to find an officiant who we connected with and Christine was that and more. Christine we can't thank you enough, everything was perfect. XO Aubrey and Brian

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Alex D

Christine helped make our ceremony everything we dreamed it to be! From our first meeting in her home discussing the ceremony, to the minutes before the ceremony, Christine was always sure to explain what was going to happen and help ease our nerves. The ceremony wording was... Read More absolutely beautiful and a great blend of both of our ideas. We could never thank Christine enough for helping to make our special day so great. We received so many compliments after the ceremony and would recommend her services for future wedding ceremonies!

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Emily H

Reverend Christine officiated our wedding on November 25th at the Smithville Inn. We couldn’t have been happier with our ceremony and our choice to have Reverend Christine as our officiant! During our search for an officiant, she welcomed us into her home to meet us and... Read More explain her services. She was genuine, kind, and truly passionate about what she does. We knew right away she was the perfect match and booked her on the spot! She wrote a beautiful ceremony, which was simple, sweet, and perfect for us. She took the time to get to know us as a couple and made sure to check-in with us along the way to see if we had any questions, needed help with any planning, and provide us with any wedding tips! On the day of our wedding, Reverend Christine was a calming presence. She arrived early to have our best man and maid of honor sign our marriage license, introduce herself to our family and wedding party, and set up for our ceremony. She was professional and gracious every step of the way. We received many compliments at how lovely our ceremony was, from our vows, to our reading, and even Reverend Christine’s personalized touches. We would recommend Reverend Christine to any bride and groom looking for an officiant! She not only met our expectations, but also exceeded them!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Kimberly M

Christine was a DREAM officiant! She was a absolutely perfect, and we couldn’t have imagined someone better for the role of marrying us!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Kenza B

From the very first moment I saw Rev. Christine, I knew I found my officiant. She was truly lovely and I felt at peace every time I talked to her. We are so happy we got married by such a beautiful person. She checked in many times to see if I needed anything and she was very... Read More responsive and accomodating. On our wedding day, as it was a destination wedding, my husband forgot to get the wedding license and we realized it while the bureau was about to close. She managed to calm me down as he ran to get it. I will never forget her kindness and her smile. You can feel that she really loves what she is doing and that she would do anything she can to make your special day perfect. We had the ceremony of our dreams, and it's all thanks to her !

2017-10-26T19:12:31 Response from the vendor

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much Kenza!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Danielle D

Reverend Chris was an absolute joy to work with. She was very flexible and worked with us to make sure our ceremony was exactly how we wanted. She has a wonderful personality and did a great job making the ceremony feel comfortable and welcoming to both us and our guests. She... Read More filed our licence for us and was prompt emailing the details after the wedding. Overall, It was a great experience and i would highly recommend working with Chris.

2017-10-24T13:44:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! I loved being your officiant!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Jaclyn I

The first time Tom and I met with Christine, we knew that she would be the perfect officiant for our wedding ceremony! She had such a wonderful, positive energy and we could really tell that she loves what she does. It was even more evident in the personal story that she wrote... Read More up for us--reading it and choosing our vows was our absolute favorite part of the entire wedding planning process, and it fit our vision so perfectly! It was heartfelt, humorous, and personalized. Christine was also extremely helpful in preparing us for the ceremony and answering all our questions. We couldn't think of a better way to celebrate our love story and officially become husband and wife, and our guests raved about how lovely the ceremony was, too!

2017-10-24T13:45:01 Response from the vendor

It was my pleasure working with you. Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Monica H

Chris was a real pleasure to work with. She was very helpful and quick to respond to any questions we had. She made the planning process very easy. Our ceremony was perfect!

2017-10-10T18:45:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Ernie M

We were very happy with Rev. Christine's services. From the beginning she helped make every aspect of our vows as easy and stress free as possible. She was open to any ideas we had and helped us develop our ceremony taking any input we had into consideration. The day of the... Read More wedding everything went smooth. We were happy to have her officiate or ceremony.

2017-10-09T13:01:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this wonderful review! It was truly my pleasure to be part of your wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Nina A

When we first meet Rev. Christine we had no doubt we made the best choice. Throughout the planning process, she checked in several times to see how things were going and helped put us at ease. She helped put together a beautiful ceremony that was everything we could have wanted... Read More and more. Our guests even came up to us afterwards to sing her praises. You can't go wrong with Rev. Christine!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Andrea D

Reverend Schmieder was everything we were looking for in an officiant. Professional and curteous and always responsive when we contacted her. She was fantastic at letting us personalize our ceremony to the extent we wanted.

2017-08-20T14:59:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Theresa S

Your Sacred Ceremony was perfect for my wedding ceremony! She was awesome with keeping contact and details of the ceremony. She let me and my husband know exactly what would be happening and how long everything would take from the moment we first met to the day of the ceremony!... Read More She just made everything so easy, and I loved that!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Kristen F

We used Reverend Christine Schmieder for our wedding and we could not be happier! From the beginning, Reverend Christine was accommodating and a pleasure to work with. She made us feel comfortable in picking our perfect ceremony and was helpful throughout the entire wedding... Read More planning process. We highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Bryannah J

Rev. Christine was a dream to work with. My husband and I were married at the Bonnet Island Estate in July. For some reason, I had a difficult time trying to find an officiant or priest to work with and it was quite stressful. Then I stumbled upon Christine's website and just... Read More knew I had to have her officiant. When we met here in her home, there was an instant connection. She was the perfect blend of love and warmth. Our ceremony was so personal and beautiful. She was there for us every step of the way from creating the ceremony to writing our vows to changing my last name. My advice to brides would be to stop here and see if she is available because she is wonderful and made our wedding ceremony something we will forever cherish.

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Sherry V

Chris was absolutely a great officiant. Some of our family were reluctant about us not having a traditional church ceremony, but Chris did a wonderful job adding in the spiritual tones to the ceremony that appeased everyone. When it came down to the last few weeks of planning, I... Read More was feeling overwhelmed and worried "what if something goes wrong" as most brides usually feel. We met with Chris to go over the final details and to review/rehearse the ceremony, and I felt instantly relieved knowing we were in good hands and that I did not need to worry about or ceremony. I would highly recommend her and her services if you are looking for an officiant.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

From the first meeting with Rev. Christine Schmieder, we knew that we found the perfect officiant. Rev. Schmieder has such a kind way about her that she immediately put us at ease. Every question we had after the initial meeting, she answered immediately. On the day of our... Read More wedding, June 23, 2017, Rev. Schmieder arrived early, was extremely accommodating about the short delay to the start of it, and gave us the best ceremony we could ask for! We are so lucky to have found Rev. Schmieder and we can't thank her enough!!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Paula and Terra D

Thank you so very much Rev. Chris. It was an incredible weekend and exceeded all of our expectations regarding quality of service, helpful conference calls and meetings ahead of the event, and professionalism at the wedding. You did an amazing job coordinating the ceremony and... Read More all for a great price. We will recommend you to anyone who is getting married or thinking about getting engaged.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Lisa H

We cannot recommend Rev. Christine enough!! We wanted a civil (non-religious) ceremony, and Christine happily worked with us to make the wording of the ceremony exactly what we wanted. She had lots of ideas and was so helpful. Throughout the months leading up to our wedding,... Read More Christine was in regular contact with us, sending emails to check in on us. The ceremony was beautiful. Christine is such a sweet, genuine person, and we highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 frances b

I knew the day we met with Christine that she was the one who we needed to marry us. Her warm, charm, and loving presence was what we envisioned for our officiant. The day of our wedding on the beach was amazing and part of that was because of Christine. She really cared about... Read More us and walked us through the process the entire time. Her help prepared us for marriage, and our ceremony was perfect, it truly was our sacred ceremony thanks to Christine!

2017-06-17T11:05:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words and generous review. I'm so glad I met the two of you. It was truly my pleasure to officiate your wedding.

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Sarah C

We booked Christine for our May6th wedding at Sandy Hook Chapel- it only took one meeting over Skype for us to know she was the right officiant for us! She is a pleasure to work with, ran through all the ceremony details carefully with us, and helped us with getting our... Read More marriage license (we are in NY and could only get to NJ a few times so she made sure we got to the right township and who to set up an appointment with). We also did our own vows; she read through both of ours to make sure they were the same length, vibe, etc which was a big help. She did a beautiful job on the day of our wedding and I would highly recommend her.

2017-05-28T09:25:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you Andrew for this beautiful review. It was my absolute pleasure working with you and Sarah. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Vincent L

Christine did a great job with our wedding. She helps ease any nerves or tensions and makes everything easy. She is a very thoughtful and nice person, she went over the ceremony thoroughly a couple times beforehand. Christine made the big day easy and ran a flawless ceremony. I... Read More will be recommending her to everybody.

2017-05-10T06:14:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind and generous words. It was truly my pleasure!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Bridgette C

I cannot say thank you enough to Rev. Chris. From the first meeting my husband and I immediately knew we wanted her to be apart of our special day. She made us feel ready and at ease for the ceremony. The personalized story she created for us was beautiful, we could not have... Read More asked for more!

2017-05-10T06:15:08 Response from the vendor

It was my honor to officiate your wedding. Thank you for this wonderful review!

Reverend Christine Schmieder

I am an Ordained Interfaith Minister and Wedding Officiant . I consider myself to be spiritual but not religious. I attended One Spirit Interfaith Seminary in NYC to learn about ancient traditions and philosophies and discovered that I have a love of ritual. I was ordained in 2010 and have been officiating weddings ever since. Whether you want something standard or custom, your wedding ceremony should reflect your personalities and the love that you share for each other. Together we can create just what you want. You get final approval!