Ceremonies That Will Touch Your Heart

Congratulations! If you are looking for a fully customized ceremony or something short and sweet, your love can be celebrated in whatever way feels right for you. It would be my honor to be part of this joyous occasion.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Nondenominational, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim

TOMS RIVER, NJ Jersey Shore and surrounding areas (201) 230-4485

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Tara C

Rev Christine was absolutely amazing and wonderful to work with! From the first initial email and first meeting with her, she was so warm and inviting. It is very obvious that marrying others is truly her passion! She provided detailed information to help my husband and I create... Read More our dream ceremony. She was very communicative and helpful throughout our planning process. On the day of the wedding, she helped make sure it was very relaxed and easy for myself and my husband by taking care of the details with the readers, DJ, and all the other so that we could just focus on the joy of our wedding day. Our guests were beyond touched by the words and readings within in ceremony! She was very helpful with information for the marriage license process and provided information to help me change my name as well! Rev Christine is more than we could have ever asked for in a wedding officiant and if there was a possibility of giving her more than 5 stars my husband and I definitely would! Thank you so much Rev Christine for everything! We highly, highly recommend her!

2017-07-17T12:39:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! it was truly my pleasure to be your wedding officiant!

Reviewed on 5/09/2016

Reverend Christine gave us exactly the ceremony we always dreamed we would have. From our first meeting with her, we realized right away that she was the perfect person to preside over our ceremony. We had a level of comfort and chemistry with her that put us at ease... Read More immediately. We could tell right away that Christine sincerely wanted the best for us, and would give us genuine support and guidance throughout the whole process. Over the course of the months leading up to the wedding, Christine checked in with us several times, and took it upon herself to coordinate with our venue and wedding band to ensure all of the details were in place for the ceremony. I decided at the last minute, only about a month before the wedding, that I wanted to do a rehearsal the night before the wedding. Even though we didn't give her much advanced notice, Christine was able to come to the rehearsal, helped us lead and organize our large bridal party, and gave us tips and guidance for the ceremony the next day. The highlight of Reverend Christine’s services, of course, was the ceremony itself. Needless to say it was an emotional day for both of us, and during the ceremony she would make eye contact with us and give us both reassuring nods and looks to let us know that we were doing OK. It all happens so quickly and it's very easy to lose yourself in the moment, yet her comforting mannerisms just kept us both grounded and focused on each other. Our entire experience with Reverend Christine was absolute excellence from start to finish. She is sincere and supportive, and performed a heartfelt ceremony for the most special day of our lives.

2016-05-09T16:58:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. I appreciate the good review. It was truly my pleasure to officiate your wedding.

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Cara

Rev Chris was a great choice for us and our wedding. We wanted someone who was spiritual but not too religious and also someone who would be accommodating to our busy schedules and our short timelines for planning our wedding. Rev Chris was all of these things and more. We... Read More appreciated her time and responsiveness and accommodating our schedules. She offered great guidance and advice and was a calming voice on the day of the ceremony. She was as much a part of our special day as our family and friends. I would highly recommend her!

2015-07-27T16:32:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this wonderful review. I so appreciate your kind and generous words. Thank you.

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Sherry V

Chris was absolutely a great officiant. Some of our family were reluctant about us not having a traditional church ceremony, but Chris did a wonderful job adding in the spiritual tones to the ceremony that appeased everyone. When it came down to the last few weeks of planning, I... Read More was feeling overwhelmed and worried "what if something goes wrong" as most brides usually feel. We met with Chris to go over the final details and to review/rehearse the ceremony, and I felt instantly relieved knowing we were in good hands and that I did not need to worry about or ceremony. I would highly recommend her and her services if you are looking for an officiant.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

From the first meeting with Rev. Christine Schmieder, we knew that we found the perfect officiant. Rev. Schmieder has such a kind way about her that she immediately put us at ease. Every question we had after the initial meeting, she answered immediately. On the day of our... Read More wedding, June 23, 2017, Rev. Schmieder arrived early, was extremely accommodating about the short delay to the start of it, and gave us the best ceremony we could ask for! We are so lucky to have found Rev. Schmieder and we can't thank her enough!!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Paula and Terra D

Thank you so very much Rev. Chris. It was an incredible weekend and exceeded all of our expectations regarding quality of service, helpful conference calls and meetings ahead of the event, and professionalism at the wedding. You did an amazing job coordinating the ceremony and... Read More all for a great price. We will recommend you to anyone who is getting married or thinking about getting engaged.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Lisa H

We cannot recommend Rev. Christine enough!! We wanted a civil (non-religious) ceremony, and Christine happily worked with us to make the wording of the ceremony exactly what we wanted. She had lots of ideas and was so helpful. Throughout the months leading up to our wedding,... Read More Christine was in regular contact with us, sending emails to check in on us. The ceremony was beautiful. Christine is such a sweet, genuine person, and we highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 frances b

I knew the day we met with Christine that she was the one who we needed to marry us. Her warm, charm, and loving presence was what we envisioned for our officiant. The day of our wedding on the beach was amazing and part of that was because of Christine. She really cared about... Read More us and walked us through the process the entire time. Her help prepared us for marriage, and our ceremony was perfect, it truly was our sacred ceremony thanks to Christine!

2017-06-17T11:05:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words and generous review. I'm so glad I met the two of you. It was truly my pleasure to officiate your wedding.

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Sarah C

We booked Christine for our May6th wedding at Sandy Hook Chapel- it only took one meeting over Skype for us to know she was the right officiant for us! She is a pleasure to work with, ran through all the ceremony details carefully with us, and helped us with getting our... Read More marriage license (we are in NY and could only get to NJ a few times so she made sure we got to the right township and who to set up an appointment with). We also did our own vows; she read through both of ours to make sure they were the same length, vibe, etc which was a big help. She did a beautiful job on the day of our wedding and I would highly recommend her.

2017-05-28T09:25:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you Andrew for this beautiful review. It was my absolute pleasure working with you and Sarah. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Vincent L

Christine did a great job with our wedding. She helps ease any nerves or tensions and makes everything easy. She is a very thoughtful and nice person, she went over the ceremony thoroughly a couple times beforehand. Christine made the big day easy and ran a flawless ceremony. I... Read More will be recommending her to everybody.

2017-05-10T06:14:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind and generous words. It was truly my pleasure!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Bridgette C

I cannot say thank you enough to Rev. Chris. From the first meeting my husband and I immediately knew we wanted her to be apart of our special day. She made us feel ready and at ease for the ceremony. The personalized story she created for us was beautiful, we could not have... Read More asked for more!

2017-05-10T06:15:08 Response from the vendor

It was my honor to officiate your wedding. Thank you for this wonderful review!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Sandra C

Rev. Christine was absolutely WONDERFUL as the officiant for our wedding. We could not have been more happy. She was extremely flexible in meeting and professional in her communication. She was able to work around my schedule and was a complete pleasure to work with. I would... Read More absolutely recommend her as an officiant! Thanks again for being amazing!

2017-05-10T06:16:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Kwok N

After meeting Rev. Christine for the first time, and feeling the compassion, warmth and love emanating from her, we knew that she would be perfect for our wedding day. During our consultation, she took us through a variety of options for the vows and readings, and as we crafted... Read More our own vows over the next several weeks, she provided great advice as to how to perfect them. The ceremony went off without a hitch, and her demeanor and energy set the ideal mood and tone for the rest of the day. Any couple who wishes to have the perfect ceremony would be hard pressed to find a better officiant. Thanks again, Christine!

2017-02-11T09:33:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you this wonderful review! It was my honor to be part of your wedding day. Thank you again!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Lauren A

We loved having Christine officiate our wedding! She was professional, knowledgeable, flexible and reasonably priced. Most importantly we loved her aura. Christine provided a positive and calming presence on our wedding day which was much appreciated at that big of a life... Read More event. You can tell Christine really loves what she does and she was always pleasant whenever we met or talked with her. We appreciated her seminary background as it sets her apart from many who just fill out a form online, she truly has an appreciation and knowledge of the marriage rituals from so many faiths and worked with us to customize our ceremony so that it was perfect for us.

2017-02-11T09:35:10 Response from the vendor

It was so much fun working with you. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review. Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 D R

Rev. Christine put together a perfect ceremony for our same sex wedding; we couldn't be happier! She was warm and welcoming, listening to our story and our hopes for the wedding ceremony; staying on top of us throughout the process and helping to craft a classy ceremony that... Read More felt inclusive and personal. A number of our guests commented that it was one of the most beautiful ceremonies they have ever seen. We strongly recommend Rev. Christine for your wedding.

2016-11-22T11:05:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It was truly my pleasure.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Kim G

Rev. Christine did an outstanding job with our ceremony, she is so kind, warm and easy to be with. She really made the ceremony. Our entire family loved her. Would recommend her again and again!

2017-02-11T09:35:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Carmen R

Rev. Christine Schmieder was excellent during our wedding at Smithville Inn. We have extremely busy lives and she was extremely flexible meeting us several times later in the evening via Face time as we requested. We had many questions and "needs" that she walked us through... Read More to make us feel comfortable. Her kind demeanor and how she guided us through the process is what made us choose her to conduct our ceremony. We had several comments on how well the ceremony took place which I give Rev. Schmieder the credit. I would recommend to anyone looking for someone to conduct their wedding ceremony. You can't go wrong.

2016-10-29T12:59:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your very generous review! I so enjoyed working with both of you. Wishing you much happiness.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Jennifer S

Christine was absolutely wonderful. We couldn't be more pleased with her. Our wedding was outside and the weather was lousy, but despite that she made us feel like we were the most important people in the world for that time. We absolutely loved her.

2016-10-07T17:28:39 Response from the vendor

I loved being your wedding officiant! I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Thank you so much for the beautiful review. I so appreciate it.

Reviewed on 9/05/2016

We absolutely loved Christine! As soon as I contacted her, I knew she was going to be the perfect fit for our ceremony. She was so quick to respond to my email and was always available to speak whenever needed from that point forward. We had some special things we wanted to... Read More include, and also wanted a short and sweet ceremony. She had no problem with meeting all of our needs! Christine was so sweet and soft spoken. You can tell how much she cares about her job and just how excited she is to be apart of your big day. I was very nervous about the ceremony and she had a way of making me feel so much more comfortable, she even met with us again right before the wedding to go over everything one final time. I would recommend her to anyone! Thanks again Christine!!

2017-02-11T09:36:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for this really great review! It was my pleasure to be part of your wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Bobbi M

My Husband and I were overly pleased!! Christine was so welcoming and caring from the moment we met her. Our ceremony was perfect and I must say Beautiful, her wording and soft spoken voice was such a comfort on such an emotional day. Her husband was very pleasant as well and... Read More very helpful. We enjoyed working with Christine and can't thank her enough for everything! If you are looking for an Officiant please don't pass her by, give her a shout, I'm so very glad we did!!

2016-08-29T17:39:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I really appreciate it!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Milinda K

Reverend Chris was terrific! She put together the perfect ceremony with us. We knew Chris was the right person to marry us after meeting her in person. She is warm and sincere and clearly has a genuine passion for what she does.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Jena L

When we first started looking for an officiant we felt uneasy about some of the individuals we found online and many of their rates and limitations on their prices didn’t offer a personable experience. We even threw around the idea of having a family member get ordained. However... Read More when we found Reverend Christine Schmeider and she welcomed us into her home for our first meeting we knew she was exactly the person we were looking for. She had a variety of sample ceremonies ready for us including different vows, readings, wine ceremonies, etc., everything we needed to make our wedding unique to us. Reverend Christine Schmeider read to us so we could see what it would be like on the big day. We were also pleased to find out that she did not get ordained online but yet went to a type of “religious schooling” where she learned traditions and customs from all types of religions. The purpose of this was to be able to write wedding ceremonies that intertwined these different religions. We also met her husband who is her driver to each wedding she does and is also her substitute in case she can’t make it on the big day. Leading up to the wedding she kept in contact giving us information about the marriage license as well as editing and revising our ceremony. We met with her right before the wedding to practice reading and reciting our vows. She even contacted the band to make sure they could help her with microphones. On the day of our wedding she showed up early and had our witnesses sign our marriage license. Our wedding ceremony went seamlessly and Reverend Christine Schmeider exceeded our expectations. Even after the wedding she was sure to follow-up with how get the certified copy of our marriage license. We highly recommend Reverend Christine Schmeider and having her was as if we had our very own family member marrying us!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Marisa C

It was an absolute pleasure to have Reverend Christine Schmieder officiate our wedding ceremony! We received many compliments from our guests on her services and the ceremony as a whole. From the moment we met Reverend Christine, she made us feel very comfortable. She was... Read More open to creating the type of ceremony that meshed with our beliefs and personalities. Her calm and sweet demeanor set such a peaceful tone. She was easily accessible by phone and email and always responded to questions in a timely manner. She was very helpful by reminding us to apply for the marriage certificate and providing me with a list of places to change my name. Furthermore, her husband attended the ceremony for support and took pictures that will be shared with us. I am so happy to have shared such a special moment in my life with Reverend Christine!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Mollie M

Reverend Chris was absolutely amazing! From our first introduction to our wedding day, everything was perfect. We told her the details of how we met and she crafted it into a beautiful story that we both felt perfectly captured our relationship and the moment. Reverend Chris is... Read More extremely nice and personable. You can tell that she takes the time to connect on a personal level with each couple she meets and that truly shines through during the ceremony. We received many compliments on just how beautiful the ceremony was and Reverend Chris had a big part to do with that. We would highly recommend! Thank you, Reverend Chris!

2016-08-13T14:16:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the fabulous review. I truly appreciate it. I loved being part of your wedding day. It was my honor.

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Cassidy R

Christine was great. She kept in touch months prior to our wedding and was very supportive. On our wedding day she arriving at the perfect time and made me and my husband feel comfortable with her. All my family loves her also. She sent me a follow up email right after the... Read More wedding which I really liked. I would highly recommend her.

2016-08-13T14:16:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the beautiful review!

Reverend Christine Schmieder

I am an Ordained Interfaith Minister and Wedding Officiant . I consider myself to be spiritual but not religious. I attended One Spirit Interfaith Seminary in NYC to learn about ancient traditions and philosophies and discovered that I have a love of ritual. I was ordained in 2010 and have been officiating weddings ever since. Whether you want something standard or custom, your wedding ceremony should reflect your personalities and the love that you share for each other. Together we can create just what you want. You get final approval!