Lifestyle Wedding Photographer

"When you meet the right person . . .,” a groom once said while retelling his love story, “. . . you don’t need to change much, on the other hand the right person brings myriads of colors into your life and adds to it!” Your story is unique as you, with special colors that make your relationship truly unique. I'd love to tell your story elegantly, beautifully, and timelessly, through photographs. I'm particularly drawn to beautiful light and use both the outdoors and indoors to find the best light that flatters my subjects. Natural light is my primary source of light, especially for outdoor nature weddings, but I equally like to include indoor lighting techniques. My style is a mixture of artistic directing, story telling, and capturing moments as they unfold.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

$5,000+

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Napa - Sonoma - SF, Bay Area (916) 741-9675

Reviewed on 4/10/2016

Thirty years from now I'll still remember my wedding as vividly as I do today because of the pictures that help me relive it every time I look at them. Yuliya shot our wedding a few months ago, and to say I was amazed at what she gave us would be an understatement. Yuliya did... Read More more than just take pictures; she became a part of the wedding and was able to record it in a way that captured our life in the moment. As a photographer myself, I searched long and hard to find someone who could produce work that I felt confident in, and let me tell you, Yuliya exceeded all those expectations. Yuliya is not only great at what she does, but more importantly she's a wonderful person, and that is a large part of why her pictures turned out so well. She spent a lot of time getting to know my wife and I; what we loved and what was important to us, and that is why she was able to shoot our wedding so well. She knew us as a couple and we knew her as our friend, so she truly captured our magic moments. Yuliya is very easy-going, fun to work with, and was just what my wife and I needed. If you are still searching for a photographer, stop. You have found her and you won’t find any better.

2016-04-14T18:21:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words, it was so wonderful getting to know you two and to celebrate the start of your married lives!

Hiring Yuliya was one of the best decisions I made while planning my wedding

Reviewed on 1/31/2015 Alison H

There are so many decisions you have to make when you are planning your wedding and it’s hard to know if you’re making the right ones. Hiring Yuliya to be my wedding photographer was one of the best decisions I made. Working with her was like working with a a friend I had known... Read More forever (even though we had just met!). Yuliya has this amazing spirit that makes you feel at ease and she is so talented that when you get your photos back you will find yourself saying, “I didn’t know I could look like that.” She understands love, lighting, photography and friendship. She also understands weddings. She will reach out to you before the wedding to make sure she understands what’s important to you - the little details about your handmade bridesmaids flowers or the fact that your Grandma is flying across the country and you want special shots with her. And then she will shoot your wedding and capture your special day like she has known you and your partner forever. Chances are, she will also send you a slideshow of your best shots while you’re on your honeymoon. I watched mine about 20 times in a row from our hotel room in Maui. If you’ve found “the one” and now you need “the photographer” look no further than Yuliya. Seriously. Stop reading this and contact her. ~Alison

Yuliya is amazing!

Reviewed on 1/21/2015 Riana B

Meeting Yuliya was one of the best parts of our wedding planning process. From our first conversation on the phone I felt like we were old friends reconnecting. We were so lucky to have Yuliya fly out to New Mexico where we live for our engagement shoot in the desert which was... Read More such an amazing experience for us. And to top it off we got to spend the weekend with her and get to know her and she got to know us. When it came to the engagement photo shoot Yuliya showed her professionalism and skill. My husband and I have never really been great in front of the camera and somehow Yuliya made us feel so comfortable that after a few minutes we felt like old pros. She even let me wear her signature Fedora and one of her statement necklaces which elevated the look of the shoot with so much style. It was an unforgettable experience. For the wedding planning Yuliya was so helpful with tips for planning based her on experience and frequently checked in with us for details and updates. On the day of the wedding Yuliya brought her sister Dina as a second shooter which was awesome. They are a great team and so talented. We just got our wedding pics the other day and we are stunned. I keep looking at them over and over again and notice new things each time. With her collection you really re-live the day and the experience. It was definitely the best day ever and now we have a collection of photos that take you right back to that day which is priceless. Yuliya has a unique and beautiful photographic style. It is so clear to see the passion she has for what she does and for life. It is quite an inspiration. And to top it off she is so professional, accommodating, flexible and talented with a good eye for style. I cannot recommend her enough for an amazing experience and a gorgeous set of photos that will help you to relive your engagement and wedding day for many years to come.

2016-04-14T18:22:09 Response from the vendor

I loved coming out to New Mexico to see your home and to capture your engagement story on one of your favorite hiking trails! Thank you for the sweet treat and for your kind words, you two have hearts of gold! Lots of love.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Caroline P

Yuliya is the absolute best!! Not only are her pictures incredible, but she is such a nice and easy person to work with. I really enjoyed having her as my photographer on my wedding day. She took all the necessary photos and then stepped back took amazing candid photos during... Read More the ceremony and reception. On top of that, she got all my photos back to me so quickly! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Ana R

Very professional, sweet person, and talented. You won't regret working with Yuliya, she's a gem. She captured our engagement pictures and wedding pictures beautifully.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Dina S

Yuliya is simply amazing!!! We had the most amazing experience with her on our engagement photo shoot! She is so easy to work with, she made it so comfortable and fun and at the end we were amazed at the photos we got!!! They were breathtaking and she captured every moment so... Read More beautifully! She was able to capture the sweetest moments that we will always treasure! We loved having Yuliya as our photographer and would highly recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Shae R

We recently moved to California and wanted our engagement session to also show our family and friends where we live. When my fiance and I saw Yuli's work, we both fell in love with the quality of her photos. She exceeded our expectations - our pictures turned out... Read More phenomenal. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Julie P

What can I say about Yuliya than she was the perfect photographer for us to capture our special day in last April in Rutherford. Wedding planning is stressful and Yuliya always knew just when to check in with a sweet note to calm my nerves. I can say that working with Yuliya... Read More really was more personal and truly felt like working with a great friend. From the very moment of meeting her my husband and I knew that there was just something so calming about her. Honestly, Yuliya had her work cut out for her. For one, I am not the most comfortable in front of the camera. But despite that, she was able to catch the sweet honest moments between my husband and that was really special and turned out so well. We were blown away with the photos she was able to capture both for our engagement shoot and our wedding. Another challenge during our wedding was weather. They say that rain is good luck, right? We didn't need luck because Yuliya was able to work around any situation and photos turned out just beautifully. I definitely recommend Yuliya not only because she is professional, easy to communicate with, able to interpret your vision, and work that is beautiful, but because she is someone you will want to capture to most special moments in your life.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Bart W

Yuliya is amazing!! Since the first time we met her in a café in San Francisco, speaking to her on the phone, engagement shoots, wedding photos, it has been non-stop joy to have her as our photographer. My wife does not like to have her photo taken and becomes nervous when a... Read More camera is pointed her way, yet with the direction and her bubbly personality, Yuliya made her feel at ease at all time. It was as if my wife really wanted to be in front of a camera, which is rare because she’s a selfie hater. Her directions were easy and she works well with each couple. We felt comfortable and the engagement photos turned out great! Our photos didn’t looked rehearsed, but very natural and in the moment. She captured real passionate moments at our second location on the cliffs. During the wedding, I didn’t even know she was there, which was great because during the day I felt like we could have easily gotten distracted by the little details. The fact that I was never distracted by her presence speaks well of her. It was like she was a ninja and I had to turn my head to see if she was even there. Yet when we saw the results/photos of the wedding, we were blown away at how well the photos turned out. They say that a photo is worth a thousand words, and with all our great photos, I’d be a multi-millionaire with words. Her customer service skills are excellent and beyond compare. We had a few suggestions on which type of photos we liked, and what we wanted and she accommodated our requests with such ease. If I had to rate her customer service skills, I’d say it was like the Ritz Carlton in Hawaii along the beach during a sunset with a glass of wine, salami, caviar, brie cheese w/ sourdough bread! Just perfect!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Willie W

Yuliya is an excellent photographer and I'd definitely recommend her. Both Yuliya and Vitaliy (her second shooter) had a great sense of humor and made everyone feel at ease. Our photos were filled with laughter and great candid shots. She gave good direction on posing and also... Read More requested shot list to make sure to capture all the photos we wanted. She helped guide our wedding day and made sure we stayed on schedule for events as well (which was not her job, but she definitely helped us along!).

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Victoria C

After many hours and days of searching for the perfect photographer, we found Yuliya. Immediately after our first conversation, I knew I wanted to book her. She was easy to talk to, genuinely kind and extremely responsive. Yuliya was very flexible during our engagement... Read More session. We went to four different sites and changed multiple times. We both felt completely comfortable and had a great time. Yuliya gave many helpful tips and we met up with her for coffee beforehand. Everyone at our wedding complimented how great and professional our photographers were. Her second shooter was her friend Vitaliy. We loved working with both of them and our photos came out amazing. I love her attention to detail and quality of her photos. I'd highly recommend her without any reservations.

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Michelle G

Working with Yuliya was amazing. She captured both my engagement and wedding photos more beautifully then I could ever imagine (and I have high expectations!). My grandmother who was wedding photographer for 20+ years was blown away by Yuliya's skills at getting the shot without... Read More disrupting the moment, and coaxing people in a fun way to enjoy portraits. Yuliya is a pleasure to work with, and I couldn't think of anyone better to trust your special day with! Love her! I am left with memories that have been so beautifully capture it is above and beyond and of the wedding blogs I had been stalking before hand.

Reviewed on 6/10/2016

We had a mixed race indian wedding. The photos came out amazing. We were super thrilled. The color shots popped and the black and white images were processed with bright whits and deep blacks.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Ty-lin G

Yuliya was a blessing. She knew exactly what to do and how to make our once in a lifetime day one we would never ever forget. She not only became our photographer but our friend in the process. Her beautiful sweet smile and kind words just makes you light up when shes capturing... Read More such beautiful moments in your life. Her work is perfect and so precise. She takes the time to make photos you'll never forget. She made our elopement so special and our photos have been the talk of the town thanks to her amazing gift as a photographer. I was so lucky to have found her and she was the only and first photographer I contacted in California. Man did we get lucky, we hit the jackpot with Yuliya. If you're looking for the best photographer in California or even anywhere in the world Yuliya is the greatest.

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Grace N

We had Yuliya visit us in Switzerland and take photos of us in our hometown Basel. This was our second shoot with Yuliya (the first one was in SoCal) and we loved every moment of it! Yuliya helped us pick out our outfits for the shoot, directed us into most flattering poses... Read More and just made it a really fun experience for us. Our photos from both shoots that Yuliya did for turned out amazing! She definitely knows how to capture the perfect shot, and on top of that, she's extremely kind and positive, and she'll make you feel like a superstar!

2016-05-19T19:42:15 Response from the vendor

It was so wonderful to do a shoot for you guys in Europe! Thank you so much for hosting me, I will be frequenting your part of the world from now on. ;)

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Jeannine T

From the first time I spoke with Yuliya, she was amazing! She is such a thoughtful, caring, kind and beautiful person inside and out that I felt like I had hired one of my friends I had known for years to photograph our wedding. Her calm yet take charge demeanor helped to make... Read More the timing of our day flow perfectly while we felt happy and relaxed. Her personality was not all that impressed...when we received our pictures just a short time after the wedding we were blown away! I have received so many compliments on our pictures! We could not be happier to have Yuliya be part of such a special day for us and help to capture every moment of it perfectly.

2016-04-14T18:23:47 Response from the vendor

Your wedding was so sweet, personal, and intimate, I couldn't have spent that perfect summer day with any other couple! Can't wait to celebrate many more sweet occasions in your lives together with you.

Reviewed on 3/24/2016 Dawn A

Yuliya was amazing! She was professional and polished. She captured our day beautifully. She was creative and suggestive, but also listened and respected our requests. Her photographs tell a story. I recommend Yuliya highly! So happy she was a part of our day:)

2016-03-30T19:35:43 Response from the vendor

Your destination wedding was flawless! Thank you for having my team serve you!

Reviewed on 3/15/2016

We got married June 20, 2015! Yuliya was great, not only she made our day memorable with gorgeous photos, very detail oriented. She was easy to communicate with and down to earth. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who wants beautiful photo's, with a pleasant... Read More experience.

2016-03-15T18:38:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was such a pleasure to serve you and your team made the wedding a dream!

Reviewed on 2/21/2016 Annie B

Yuliya is the best and sweetest photographer ever! My family had used her for our annual family pictures so when I got engaged of course she was the only person I wanted taking my wedding pictures. She always goes above and beyond!! My pictures turned out perfectly as I knew... Read More they would!! Everyone that sees them says that they are the best wedding pictures they have ever seen and says how magical they look. Yuliya not only takes amazing photos, she captures beautiful moments. I just can't stop looking at my pictures!

2016-03-30T19:38:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you for having me serve your family several times! Your wedding was such a perfect blend of sophistication in a forest and beach setting. Would do it all over again!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Megan S

Yuliya did our maternity and surprise engagement shoot and it was just stunning! It surpassed our expectations by far and we have never received so many compliments on how beautiful the photos are. She made the day very memorable, she's very pleasurable to be around, and her... Read More talent is unreal! We love her and would absolutely refer her to anyone and everyone we know! You won't be disappointed in the quality of work that you receive. Thank you so much Yuliya!

2016-03-30T19:38:39 Response from the vendor

I'm still amazed at how you two survived the cold snow to get your photos done! It was a pleasure serving you guys.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

By far one of my most favorite things about my wedding day was having the chance to work with Yuliya! When I was originally looking for a wedding photographer, my friend who works in the wedding industry referred me to Yuliya. When I first contacted Yuliya, she was so... Read More accommodating and truly took the time to find out more information about what was important to us for our wedding and engagement photos. She called us and checked in frequently in the months leading up to our wedding and even went to our venue before the wedding to check out the site. During our engagement shoot, she made us feel comfortable and natural in front of the camera and gave us confidence and direction during the shoot. She spent the extra time during our shoot to make sure the photos that we wanted were captured and the photos turned out absolutely beautiful! During the wedding day, she did an amazing job in directing our large wedding party and families and captured the emotions and special moments of the day. I hardly knew she was in the background taking pictures during the ceremony and reception and she really blended in well while still capturing all the most special details and moments from our wedding. She sent us some wedding photo teasers during our honeymoon and we could not be more excited to see the rest of her amazing work. She truly is amazing at what she does and takes the most natural and beautiful photos. She has a passion for what she does and is very professional. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone in need of a photographer and having her as our wedding photographer was one of my greatest decisions we made. She is sweet, caring, and really puts her heart into making you feel special and important on your wedding day. I will most definitely be using her again as our photographer for shoots in the future! Thank you again Yuliya for all your hard work and for capturing such amazing photographs from our wedding!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Kayla M

Yuliya is an incredibly amazing photographer. She went above and beyond on our wedding day. She captured all of the traditional moments, as well as all of the special moments that made our wedding unique. She has a very special gift. Yuliya made everyone feel so comfortable and... Read More we all had so much fun with her. I especially love how she caught so much joy in the guests faces. She captured love and laughter like I could have never imagined. Absolutely beautiful! I can not stress enough how blessed I feel to have Yuliya as our wedding photographer. We love you Yuliya!

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Willie P

Yuliya is a delight to work with! I've enjoyed the pleasure of her photography services over 4 shoots to date (my engagement, my wedding, a stylized themed shoot, and a holiday session), and would not hesitate to have her capture any other future events! I consider myself to be... Read More very picky, not photogenic, and indecisive, which can be a difficult challenge for any photographer --but Yuliya's personable professionalism put me at ease and delivered beautiful results (none to minimal photoshopping needed)! In addition to her meticulous work, she's very thoughtful and goes above and beyond: she remembered my birthday and anniversary date! I also appreciate that she listens intently to my preferences, but is also ready with creative suggestions whenever I ask for her input (enter my indecisiveness!). Plus, she has a beautiful personality and makes working with her so fun!

2016-05-19T19:44:06 Response from the vendor

Willie, you and your now husband Tim are a dream to work with! I feel so lucky to have met you in this wedding world! Stay fabulous.

Creative, Respectful, Extremely Talented

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Renee S

Yuliya is hands down, my favorite photographer. From our initial meeting, Yuliya was very warm and welcoming and instantly made me feel comfortable. I have never been professional photographed before, so I felt incredible awkward at first, but she made me feel like the most... Read More gorgeous girl around with endless words of encouragement, adjustment of lighting and by picking the perfect scenery. When I received the pictures, I was was absolutely blown away by the quality and even squealed with excitement. Yuliya picked amazing angles that captured the surroundings perfectly and I was in love with every picture. In addition to being her client, I am also a wedding planner so I have had the chance to work with hundreds of photographers over the years. Yulia's work is completely unique and stands out in the most romantic, soft and stunning way. Her attention to extreme detail is noted in her art and creates a masterpiece-style capture, which is hard to find in most photographers. I HIGHLY reccomend Yuliya to every potential bride, professional or anyone needed a "go-to" photographer. You will NOT be disappointed by her work.

2016-03-30T19:36:21 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure to photograph you and to create beautiful memories together!

Thoughtful and Trustworthy!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Nadia M

I Looooove Yuliya. I was her second bride she ever photographed!!!! I have trusted her because I new her and would not trust anyone else with my once-in-a-lifetime day! Yuliya is special, to her taking pictures is part of who she is and what she loves. Her artistic eye for... Read More beauty, thoughtfulness toward her clients and professionalism in how to capture precious moments reflects every picture she takes. I remember enjoying all the moments of my wedding without ever grabbing her to take a picture and without seeing if she is even around. She was there all day, she captured every special moment, but I did not notice her at those times. I just saw the pictures after my wedding and all I could say is WOW and thank you Yuliya, you are one special, amazing photographer...... If you are looking for a professional, fun, easy to work with, accommodating, prompt, thoughtful and trustworthy photographer, pick Yuliya!!!

Yuliya Molitvenik

My name is Yuliya, of European descent and with my heart left in San Francisco. Besides being a wedding photographer, I'm a musician, an avid coffee shop goer and a lover of big cities. "Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life..." is a quote by Mark Twain displayed on my desk. I love early mornings, wardrobe styling, beautiful light and the busy street corners of New York. Contact me today to capture your day in style!

Start a Conversation!