Heartfelt, fun + candid wedding photography

My wedding photography isn't just about taking pretty pictures, it is about telling stories. I want you to relive your wedding day in the pictures we make, and even discover moments you didn't know happened! My style is true-to-life, vibrant and in-the-moment. My couples are laid-back, diverse and fearless. My mission from day one has been to capture the love of ALL couples!

Documentary, Lifestyle

824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

Columbus, OH Columbus, Ohio + Beyond (614) 245-5311

Reviewed on 12/17/2017 Michelle C

Amy Ann Photography does fantastic work! Amy is extremely talented and professional. She makes a point to get to know her clients which is reflected in her photos! Amy captured our engagement and wedding photos and we could not be more pleased! She captured every emotion of the... Read More wedding day and the essence of how we remember it all. You will NOT be disappointed with your wedding photos when you work with Amy!!

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Mariah E

Amy shot our September 2017 wedding in Columbus. Compared to our experiences working with other vendors, Amy was in a league of her own. She is meticulously organized, extremely professional, helpfully friendly, and thinks of everything. We could tell Amy takes great pride in... Read More her work and the satisfaction of her clients. I never had to worry about photography details. Amy effectively directs large groups, which was important for our huge bridal party. My husband and I marveled over all the different shot angles she got during our ceremony, since we hadn't even noticed her taking these photos. Our absolute favorite part of Amy's photography is her mastery of light. If you can have her shoot engagement or wedding photos in the late afternoon, do it. Many of our pictures have this ethereal glow that sets Amy's photography apart. I would recommend Amy Ann Photography to anyone.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Michelle B

Working with Amy was a pleasure and the results were spectacular. She was a professional from the start and through the big day, the pictures were delivered in the window she had promised, and we have gotten tons of compliments on them. I have known Amy socially for a long time... Read More so I was excited she was available to shoot my wedding. She worked with me and my family to arrange travel and to make plans in advance to make sure we got every shot we wanted in the time available. Amy worked with me and with our other vendors to develop the timeline that made the most sense for us. She tried to make things work as much as possible... but wasn't afraid to tell me if my ideas for how long things might to take were unrealistic. She worked well with our other vendors both during the planning and on the big day. I have been to some weddings where the photographer becomes the center of the day, stopping the ceremony or party to get the shot. Amy didn't do this at all. She managed to get all the important pictures without becoming the center of attention herself. Several friends and family members commented on how friendly and easy to work with Amy was. If you've looked at her work it will be surprise that our same-sex interracial Jewish wedding didn't make her blink at all. We had several vendors who were polite-but-inexperienced when it came to couples like us (addressing emails to "the bride" or forms asking for a "groom" when we had 2 brides and no groom...). Amy's boilerplate forms are gender neutral and when she contacted us specifically she always used our preferred terminology. It's a small thing, but made us feel seen and like we didn't need to explain ourselves. I would highly recommend hiring Amy Ann Photography if she is available for your event!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Alexa L

We LOVED working with Amy! She had photographed my sisters wedding just two years earlier, and she was the first thing we chose after getting engaged! We worked everything else around her schedule (which was super flexible) and we were so thankful we did. My husband is not a fan... Read More of pictures, but at our engagement shots he got to know Amy and all of our pictures were incredible. She was such a calming force at the wedding making sure we got the shots we wanted, but that we also had time to ourselves and enjoyed the day. I've gotten loads of compliments on the pictures and we can't wait to make an album with her! If you haven't seen her blog, make sure to check it out! She really puts time into the details and we couldn't have asked for a better photographer!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Samantha G

I honestly can't say enough amazing things about Amy. I was impressed by her work years before I even met my now-husband, and when I got engaged I couldn't believe I could be lucky enough to book her for MY wedding! Throughout the entire process she was responsive and... Read More communicative, put me and my anxieties at ease, and really functioned as so much more than a photographer day-of. She helped manage family dynamic craziness, and was never in-your-face (yet somehow captured the most amazing moments of the day). And when we got our pictures back - magic. It was amazing being able to relive the day through her work, and she made every detail so much more beautiful, exciting, fun, happy, and magical than I could ever have imagined. Any was the best wedding decision I made, hands down. I could go on and on. I'd 100% recommend Amy to any of my friends, and I hope to be able to work with her again in the future!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Lindy B

Is there an option for another star? I’m being serious. Amy is amazing and I cannot say enough good things about her. Not only is Amy a phenomenal photographer, she also has the ability to keep brides calm and at ease throughout the entire engagement process and the day of... Read More the wedding. I never questioned anything Amy shared with us because it was obvious she puts her time and heart into her clients. Amy is also just a fun person to be around and our wedding day was filled with laughs and smiles and first looks and we felt totally comfortable around Amy. She is great about showing her clients photos as she takes them and she has a way of making you just so darn excited for the moment you get to see your finished photographs for the first time. We planned our wedding from another state and Amy was amazing at offering resources and recommendations and making sure we had details that would have been easily missed as a result of being a plane ride away. I am thrilled we found Amy when we did as we will use her for milestone after milestone to come… even if that means flying her out to Baltimore. I just cannot imagine anyone else capturing our life and future family.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Molly Z

Amy did an amazing job, not only on our wedding photos but our engagement photos as well!! We had such a great time getting to know her! We would recommend her for any event!! All of our friends and family gave us so many compliments on our photos and how attentive Amy was... Read More during our wedding to capture everything!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Naomi K

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Amy Ann--before, during, and after the wedding. Not only did she take beautiful photographs of both the wedding and engagement, and put together beautiful albums, but she is such a warm person and clear communicator. Not to be taken... Read More for granted in the world of wedding vendors! Our wedding was rather large (280 people). Not sure how she did it, but she and her assistant managed to get all the photos we would want. I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Jamie F

Amazing amazing amazing!!! Amy is a wonderful photographer, our pictures turned out beautiful. I had a lot of anxiety leading up to the day of, and Amy calmed me down every step of the way. From helping plan first look, and coordinating all of the days activities we highly... Read More recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Andrea K

I can’t say enough about Amy 😊 She is so talented and kind and a great human being!! Would recommend in a heartbeat to everyone!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Jenna D

We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer for our wedding! Amy is professional, creative, prompt, and patient. We love her style of photography because she captures emotions so well and she made us feel comfortable in front of the camera; which was a huge selling point... Read More for us. A true testament to Amy’s patience and compassion was when I was getting ready for our wedding. The hotel room we were getting ready in was small and full of people. I also had some dress issues which caused us to run a little behind schedule but Amy never rushed us and stayed in the room to make sure I was okay. Speaking of the schedule, she practically coordinated our whole wedding day for us, which was so helpful! We loved our engagement photos and we couldn’t be more satisfied with our wedding photos! I would recommend Amy Ann Photography for anyone who wants a skilled and compassionate photographer.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Lauren D

I cannot say enough good things about Amy. I was planning my wedding from out of town and Amy made it so easy to communicate - she was prompt and flexible. Although I had not actually met Amy in person before my wedding day, I felt like she was my close friend the second she... Read More came into the room! She was organized, attentive, and made everyone feel comfortable. I knew I could trust her to do a fabulous job so I had one less thing to worry about that day. My husband and I are not big posed picture people, and we wanted to spend more time with our wedding guests - Amy understood this, and did a fabulous job moving us through our family portrait session as well as our bride and groom pictures with time to spare! And I have no doubt that her shots were perfection as she made a point to show us the kinds of photos she was taking. Since we finished ahead of schedule, it allowed for extra time to relax, enjoy some of the cocktail hour and mingle with guests. During the ceremony and reception Amy was discrete but also in all the right places at the right times! She kept me calm and gave direction when needed, and I could not have asked for a better support system through my big day. Thank you, Amy!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Emily M

You cannot go wrong with Amy! When first looking for a photographer, what caught our eye was her amazing photos and how open minded she was with all the types of weddings she does and after choosing her, we are both so happy with the results! We had an amazing experience with... Read More Amy! When first speaking and meeting her, she was very nice, professional, and organized. She was very open to any ideas we had and made sure we did not feel pressured to choose her. When it came to the wedding say, she arrived early to make sure she was prepared for everything and worked with us the whole time! She made us and everyone feel so comfortable and instructed us when needed to make sure we had the best pictures! Amy had an amazing eye on how an image could look and after seeing the pictures, it was exactly what we wanted! We also hired a 2nd photographer, who was great as well and helped capture all our moments in different angles! When it was all over, she made sure you knew the estimate and she followed up when she was starting and almost done! In the end, we ended up with so many pictures and got to re-live our special day all over again with the great photos! I am so happy we chose her and got to know her over the wedding day and it could of not been better!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Katie R

I can not thank Amy enough for making our wedding day (and the entire process) perfect beyond what we could have hoped for. We absolutely loved how organized Amy was throughout the entire process, as well as how comfortable she made us feel in front of the camera. She made... Read More taking pictures an incredibly fun experience for everyone involved. She sent us some wedding picture previews and we were blown away with how amazing and creative her shots are! We are so lucky that we got to work with her and recommend her to anyone searching for an amazing photographer and person. Amy has a great personality and truly made our entire experience amazing!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Timberly P

I cannot say enough positive things about Amy. Not only were our engagement and wedding photos amazing, she was so helpful during the entire process. She kept us organized prior to the wedding and on task the day of. Amy is a great photographer, very organized and overall a... Read More sweet and fun person to be around.

Reviewed on 2/24/2017 Ashley H

We truly loved our engagement and wedding pictures and got endless compliments from friends and family. Amy is a very talented photographer that will absolutely capture all the perfect moments of your big day. She was instrumental in planning the timeline for the wedding day,... Read More not to mention keeping us to that timeline. Thanks so much Amy!!!!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Amelia C

Amy Ann Photography was a delight. Amy is laid back, but attentive to details. She took time to learn our style and preferences. Amy was sensitive to family nuances, which was especially appreciated. By the time our wedding came and went, we missed Amy in our lives!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Sara M

Amy's work is beautiful. But when selecting a photographer we also wanted someone that would help us feel comfortable and at ease in front of the camera, help us navigate a ton of family photo asks, and really capture the moments that meant the most to us. From our first meeting... Read More with Amy we felt at ease, her communication was always clear and detailed and she was incredibly responsive (which for some reason is rare among wedding vendors). Amy was more than happy to answer questions, make suggestions about what could work best and help the day flow easily and how to best manage our multiple family photos, tight timing and busy day. Amy was always in the right spot and I cannot thank her enough for snapping the emotion, excitement and special moments so beautifully.

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Amy K

We booked Amy Ann Photography for our late September wedding. We could not be any happier with our choice for a photographer! She was very professional throughout the entire process. She worked with us to create the perfect photo package to meet our needs. Amy thought of... Read More details that we sure wouldn't have & captured every special detail. Her photographs speak for themselves - warm colors & dripping with the love and happiness of the day. Our family and friends can't stop complimenting her work. Thank you, Amy for helping us capture our wedding day. You were a complete JOY to get to know and work with. We will be repeat customers for sure!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Diane C

Amy is such a talented photographer! We have been privileged enough to work with Amy on several different occasions, a couples shoot, an engagement shoot and now our wedding! Words don't do her photography justice and I would recommend Amy Ann Photography for all occasions!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lauren W

I fell in love with Amy's work the minute I saw it, and after our initial Skype meeting, I knew immediately that I wanted her to photograph our wedding. Amy was extremely professional, easy to communicate with, and organized. Our wedding was in Cleveland and while she is based... Read More in Columbus, she traveled in a night early so she'd be ready bright and early on Saturday morning. She did an absolutely fantastic job capturing our large (and long) wedding at the end of July. Even our families & wedding guests loved her! We opted to add a second shooter as well (Carrie) who was also wonderful. The pictures turned out just beautifully - we absolutely love her style and the quality of the photos is just amazing. From the portraits of the bridal party, to the ceremony and reception details, to the candid shots of guests dancing, we couldn't be more in love with the photos. We are working with Amy on our wedding album and I just know it will be perfect. Hiring Amy was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning and I'd hire her all over again if I had the chance! I highly recommend her to anyone and hope we'll have the chance to work with her again in the future!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Marissa F

Amy is fantastic! She shot our wedding in August of this year and we could not be more pleased with how the photos turned out. Not only do the photos speak volumes for her work, but she was professional, charming and the key person in making our day run smoothly and comfortably... Read More for all involved! Choosing a photographer for our same-sex marriage was one of our harder decisions, but after our first meeting with Amy, we knew she would be perfect. Her work speaks for itself, but if you're looking for picture-perfect photos and experience you won't get elsewhere go with Amy Ann Photography!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Kim M

Amy is awesome! I could go on and on about her true professionalism and talent, but I think that pretty much speaks for itself. Amy was by far the best vendor decision we made and we absolutely loved working with her on our wedding day. My favorite moment was when she (without... Read More hesitation) used the bottom of her dress to help dry my bouquet so my dress wouldn't get wet! I've worked in the photography business for over 20 years and I can honestly say she's one of the best. Love her!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Lydia R

I could not recommend Amy more enthusiastically. My wife and I hired Amy to shoot our wedding and engagement photos after I worked with her to photograph my surprise proposal. In the year and a half that we've known Amy, she has not only been an exceptional photographer, she's... Read More also been a kind and thoughtful friend. Amy referred us to other vendors within our budget, was incredibly prompt and thorough in her communication, and came highly recommended by everyone we worked with. I'm so thankful we found Amy, we'll cherish our wedding photos for years to come!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Rebecca F

I cannot say enough good things about having Amy as our wedding photographer! Throughout the entire process she was kind, helpful, extremely easy to get a hold of and an absolute pleasure to work with! Our engagement photos came out beautiful and the few wedding photos we have... Read More received thus far are amazing! I can't wait to see more of her awesome work with the rest of our wedding photos! We would choose Amy all over again if we had to!

Amy Tannenbaum

As the owner and photographer behind Amy Ann Photography, I obviously love making pretty pictures and capturing the happiest moments for my couples. I've been shooting weddings now for over 7 years, and 170+ weddings later, I am so thankful to be living my dream! I have immense passion for my clients, for weddings, and for beautiful, true-to-life imagery. Showcasing the love of ALL couples has been my mission since day one.