Heartfelt, fun + candid wedding photography

Award-winning wedding photojournalism that's authentic and fun - I love capturing the happiest moments in people's lives! My images aim to tell a story. I am based in Columbus but I photograph weddings all over Ohio and beyond. I'd love to learn more about your wedding! Let's grab coffee & chat!

Documentary, Lifestyle

Engagement

Online Proofing

Columbus, OH Columbus, Ohio + Beyond (614) 245-5311

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Andrea P

I can’t say enough about Amy 😊 She is so talented and kind and a great human being!! Would recommend in a heartbeat to everyone!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Jenna D

We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer for our wedding! Amy is professional, creative, prompt, and patient. We love her style of photography because she captures emotions so well and she made us feel comfortable in front of the camera; which was a huge selling point... Read More for us. A true testament to Amy’s patience and compassion was when I was getting ready for our wedding. The hotel room we were getting ready in was small and full of people. I also had some dress issues which caused us to run a little behind schedule but Amy never rushed us and stayed in the room to make sure I was okay. Speaking of the schedule, she practically coordinated our whole wedding day for us, which was so helpful! We loved our engagement photos and we couldn’t be more satisfied with our wedding photos! I would recommend Amy Ann Photography for anyone who wants a skilled and compassionate photographer.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Lauren D

I cannot say enough good things about Amy. I was planning my wedding from out of town and Amy made it so easy to communicate - she was prompt and flexible. Although I had not actually met Amy in person before my wedding day, I felt like she was my close friend the second she... Read More came into the room! She was organized, attentive, and made everyone feel comfortable. I knew I could trust her to do a fabulous job so I had one less thing to worry about that day. My husband and I are not big posed picture people, and we wanted to spend more time with our wedding guests - Amy understood this, and did a fabulous job moving us through our family portrait session as well as our bride and groom pictures with time to spare! And I have no doubt that her shots were perfection as she made a point to show us the kinds of photos she was taking. Since we finished ahead of schedule, it allowed for extra time to relax, enjoy some of the cocktail hour and mingle with guests. During the ceremony and reception Amy was discrete but also in all the right places at the right times! She kept me calm and gave direction when needed, and I could not have asked for a better support system through my big day. Thank you, Amy!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Emily M

You cannot go wrong with Amy! When first looking for a photographer, what caught our eye was her amazing photos and how open minded she was with all the types of weddings she does and after choosing her, we are both so happy with the results! We had an amazing experience with... Read More Amy! When first speaking and meeting her, she was very nice, professional, and organized. She was very open to any ideas we had and made sure we did not feel pressured to choose her. When it came to the wedding say, she arrived early to make sure she was prepared for everything and worked with us the whole time! She made us and everyone feel so comfortable and instructed us when needed to make sure we had the best pictures! Amy had an amazing eye on how an image could look and after seeing the pictures, it was exactly what we wanted! We also hired a 2nd photographer, who was great as well and helped capture all our moments in different angles! When it was all over, she made sure you knew the estimate and she followed up when she was starting and almost done! In the end, we ended up with so many pictures and got to re-live our special day all over again with the great photos! I am so happy we chose her and got to know her over the wedding day and it could of not been better!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Katie R

I can not thank Amy enough for making our wedding day (and the entire process) perfect beyond what we could have hoped for. We absolutely loved how organized Amy was throughout the entire process, as well as how comfortable she made us feel in front of the camera. She made... Read More taking pictures an incredibly fun experience for everyone involved. She sent us some wedding picture previews and we were blown away with how amazing and creative her shots are! We are so lucky that we got to work with her and recommend her to anyone searching for an amazing photographer and person. Amy has a great personality and truly made our entire experience amazing!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Timberly P

I cannot say enough positive things about Amy. Not only were our engagement and wedding photos amazing, she was so helpful during the entire process. She kept us organized prior to the wedding and on task the day of. Amy is a great photographer, very organized and overall a... Read More sweet and fun person to be around.

Reviewed on 2/24/2017 Ashley H

We truly loved our engagement and wedding pictures and got endless compliments from friends and family. Amy is a very talented photographer that will absolutely capture all the perfect moments of your big day. She was instrumental in planning the timeline for the wedding day,... Read More not to mention keeping us to that timeline. Thanks so much Amy!!!!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Amelia C

Amy Ann Photography was a delight. Amy is laid back, but attentive to details. She took time to learn our style and preferences. Amy was sensitive to family nuances, which was especially appreciated. By the time our wedding came and went, we missed Amy in our lives!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Sara M

Amy's work is beautiful. But when selecting a photographer we also wanted someone that would help us feel comfortable and at ease in front of the camera, help us navigate a ton of family photo asks, and really capture the moments that meant the most to us. From our first meeting... Read More with Amy we felt at ease, her communication was always clear and detailed and she was incredibly responsive (which for some reason is rare among wedding vendors). Amy was more than happy to answer questions, make suggestions about what could work best and help the day flow easily and how to best manage our multiple family photos, tight timing and busy day. Amy was always in the right spot and I cannot thank her enough for snapping the emotion, excitement and special moments so beautifully.

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Amy K

We booked Amy Ann Photography for our late September wedding. We could not be any happier with our choice for a photographer! She was very professional throughout the entire process. She worked with us to create the perfect photo package to meet our needs. Amy thought of... Read More details that we sure wouldn't have & captured every special detail. Her photographs speak for themselves - warm colors & dripping with the love and happiness of the day. Our family and friends can't stop complimenting her work. Thank you, Amy for helping us capture our wedding day. You were a complete JOY to get to know and work with. We will be repeat customers for sure!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Diane C

Amy is such a talented photographer! We have been privileged enough to work with Amy on several different occasions, a couples shoot, an engagement shoot and now our wedding! Words don't do her photography justice and I would recommend Amy Ann Photography for all occasions!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lauren W

I fell in love with Amy's work the minute I saw it, and after our initial Skype meeting, I knew immediately that I wanted her to photograph our wedding. Amy was extremely professional, easy to communicate with, and organized. Our wedding was in Cleveland and while she is based... Read More in Columbus, she traveled in a night early so she'd be ready bright and early on Saturday morning. She did an absolutely fantastic job capturing our large (and long) wedding at the end of July. Even our families & wedding guests loved her! We opted to add a second shooter as well (Carrie) who was also wonderful. The pictures turned out just beautifully - we absolutely love her style and the quality of the photos is just amazing. From the portraits of the bridal party, to the ceremony and reception details, to the candid shots of guests dancing, we couldn't be more in love with the photos. We are working with Amy on our wedding album and I just know it will be perfect. Hiring Amy was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning and I'd hire her all over again if I had the chance! I highly recommend her to anyone and hope we'll have the chance to work with her again in the future!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Marissa F

Amy is fantastic! She shot our wedding in August of this year and we could not be more pleased with how the photos turned out. Not only do the photos speak volumes for her work, but she was professional, charming and the key person in making our day run smoothly and comfortably... Read More for all involved! Choosing a photographer for our same-sex marriage was one of our harder decisions, but after our first meeting with Amy, we knew she would be perfect. Her work speaks for itself, but if you're looking for picture-perfect photos and experience you won't get elsewhere go with Amy Ann Photography!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Kim M

Amy is awesome! I could go on and on about her true professionalism and talent, but I think that pretty much speaks for itself. Amy was by far the best vendor decision we made and we absolutely loved working with her on our wedding day. My favorite moment was when she (without... Read More hesitation) used the bottom of her dress to help dry my bouquet so my dress wouldn't get wet! I've worked in the photography business for over 20 years and I can honestly say she's one of the best. Love her!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Lydia R

I could not recommend Amy more enthusiastically. My wife and I hired Amy to shoot our wedding and engagement photos after I worked with her to photograph my surprise proposal. In the year and a half that we've known Amy, she has not only been an exceptional photographer, she's... Read More also been a kind and thoughtful friend. Amy referred us to other vendors within our budget, was incredibly prompt and thorough in her communication, and came highly recommended by everyone we worked with. I'm so thankful we found Amy, we'll cherish our wedding photos for years to come!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Rebecca F

I cannot say enough good things about having Amy as our wedding photographer! Throughout the entire process she was kind, helpful, extremely easy to get a hold of and an absolute pleasure to work with! Our engagement photos came out beautiful and the few wedding photos we have... Read More received thus far are amazing! I can't wait to see more of her awesome work with the rest of our wedding photos! We would choose Amy all over again if we had to!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016

We had a wedding of over 450 guests and each and every picture that Amy shot was breathtaking! From the bride and groom shots to the in- action shots of the guests, every single photo was beautiful. Amy was so pleasant to work with and always had a smile on her face throughout... Read More the entire wedding! Her artistic and creative touch really shown through! Our whole family is thrilled with them. We look forward to using her again in the future!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Amanda B

Amy is fantastic! We had so much fun with her during our engagement shoot & wedding day. She made us feel very comfortable and her directions helped us create some amazing shots! She really made the wedding day flow smoothly. Our photos were absolutely stunning. I would... Read More absolutely recommend Amy to anyone looking for high quality photos!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Emily W

One of the best parts of our wedding day was the support, encouragement, and joy of those surrounding and celebrating with us. Amy and Kim of Amy Ann Photography were certainly a part of that! I fell in love with Amy’s photos after I found her blog online, but Amy bring so much... Read More more to the table than just incredible photography. From our first interactions with Amy she was responsive, kind, enthusiastic, and impeccably organized. She contributed well beyond just taking photos: she was instrumental in helping us plan our timeline for the day and in advising us on photo locations, wedding vendors, etc. We absolutely loved spending time with her during our wedding day. To top it all off, her photos are stunning – I can hardly find the words to describe how blown away we were by her artistry. She was flexible as our plans changed throughout the day (thanks Ohio weather) and kept us sane throughout the night. Our wedding party and guests loved her and never felt uncomfortable or pressured by her presence. I can’t thank Amy enough for everything she gave us before and during our wedding, and for beautifully documenting the memories that we will cherish for a lifetime.

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

Amy's style is candid and natural and she did a wonderful job of capturing our wedding last year. It was just the style we wanted, and she got every shot on our (quite extensive!) list of details and portraits. I am a wedding photographer as well, and we viewed photography as... Read More one of the most important pieces to our day. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Shirley D

We couldn't have picked a better photographer than Amy! She was incredibly responsive throughout the wedding planning process and had great tips and tricks for cool locations to take pictures. Amy took both our engagement and wedding pictures and we couldn't be happier with the... Read More results. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 jordan r

Amy is so great to work with!! She was the very first vendor we met with and she really put us at ease at the first meeting by setting up a day of timeline right then on the spot and providing us with a bunch of other great vendor recommendations! Amy was so organized and... Read More professional throughout the whole process – she’s very quick to respond to email and was willing to answer all our questions. I also love the way our pictures turned out – she did a great job of balancing giving us direction but still capturing candid, natural, moments so nothing was too “posed.” I would for sure recommend Amy a thousand times over!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Abigail K

The best decision I made (besides my husband, of course) was choosing Amy as our photographer. She was so helpful and responsive and incredibly organized. And the pictures are to die for! She really captured the happiness and fun of the day!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016

Working with Amy was one of the best decisions we made! She was so organized and prepared, including sending a checklist of reminders a month before our big day. She made us and our guests feel relaxed and comfortable. Our pictures turned out perfect!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016

Amy is simply the best of the best! We couldn't be happier with the pictures she took of our special day, her ability to capture the joy and excitement of the wedding on camera is simply unparalleled. Highly recommended!