A.R. Pontius Flower Shop

Northern Michigan: Harbor Springs, Petoskey, Charlevoix area

A.R. Pontius Flower Shop

A.R. Pontius Flower Shop, in downtown Harbor Springs, has been providing floral design in Northern Michigan for over 95 years. We design fresh flowers for weddings, events, and everyday arrangements. We strive to use local flowers as much as possible, and to create each couple's unique floral vision. Our storefront in beautiful Harbor Springs is open May through December, and we are available for events year round.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

592 E Main St, Harbor Springs, MI Northern Michigan: Harbor Springs, Petoskey, Charlevoix area (231) 526-9690

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Melissa H

While everyone was busy doing something else on my daughter Susan's wedding day, I snuck into the dining room where the artists from A.R. Pontius were putting the finishing touches on the flowers for the reception. I burst into tears, not because they were so breathtakingly... Read More beautiful, which they were, but because I knew in my heart that this room, these tables, and these astonishing flowers were EXACTLY what Susan had envisioned for her wedding day. Jamie had made my daughter's dreams come true. Susan did not have an unlimited floral budget, nor did she require precious blooms to be flown in from exotic places; but Jamie made it look like she did both. She interpreted Susan's vision, and delivered Susan's wildest dreams, all while respecting Susan's resources. How do you even begin to thank someone for that?

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Tammis F

There were two things that I knew for sure when we were engaged, who would do the food and hands down who we wanted to do our flowers! A.R.Pontius Flower Shop! I've been lucky to know and work w/ these talented ladies for a very long time. I had a pretty specific idea of the... Read More style we were looking for I just gave Jamie the colors and flowers I love and they nailed it as I knew they would! We were so blessed to get all the awesome flowers that I'd asked for(even peonies) in August in NoMi! I highly recommend and regularly do to brides and for any kind of special occasion this quaint flower shop with huge talent and creativity they are amazing! They made our day extremely special!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Paige W

I can't say enough good things about Jamie and the team at Pontius Flowers! Even before wedding planning begun, I knew how important it would be for me to find someone I trusted with our wedding florals and greenery. The first time that I spoke with Jamie over the phone, I knew... Read More she would be perfect for the job! She understood exactly what I was envisioning and ended up exceeding all of our expectations! The wedding day was absolutely stunning because of her talent and design. We live in California and had a destination wedding in Northern Michigan so I never actually met with Jamie. Despite the distance, she was incredibly professional and responded whenever I needed her. She is very good at running her business and there were never any hiccups working with her. I would recommend her to anyone in Northern Michigan!

Reviewed on 2/25/2018 Cyndie M

My daughter got married this past Sept and her budget for the flowers was not that large. She told Jamie her vision and boy did she deliver! Over and above I would say! The bouquet was breathtaking! I couldn't believe it. The bridesmaid's flowers were just baby's breath but... Read More she made them the most gorgeous I've seen. She made the sweetest wreath for the flower girl. And the altar flowers were amazing. I can't recommend her highly enough. So if you don't have a lot to spend on flowers or if your budget is unlimited USE Jamie. You will be over the moon with the results.

Reviewed on 2/13/2018 Kristi L

BEAUTIFUL! Jamie and Julie were fantastic to work with at my wedding this past January 2018! The flowers and bouquets were stunning and exactly what I wanted. Jamie was great with responding to my many many emails making sure all of the details were set on the day of the... Read More wedding. She was wonderful to work with! They were kind and helpful with recommending in season flowers and with recommendations in order to make my dreams become a reality. I could not have asked for a better florist on my wedding day and highly recommend A. R. Pontius!

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Shanna D

I very highly recommend A.R. Pontius and Jamie! I am so glad that I selected A.R. Pontius for our wedding flowers! All of the pictures that I saw of their previous work was gorgeous but I was a bit intimidated as I know little about flowers and had already allocated most of my... Read More wedding budget to other areas. Jamie was absolutely wonderful to work with. She is an expert on flowers - she knew every answer to any question I asked and could advise me on how flower species look, their colors, and how they hold up throughout the night. She was able to guide a beginner like me and help me through the process of selecting my dream wedding flowers. Did I mention that I met with Jamie about 1 month before my April wedding date and she was still able to make it happen? She helped me choose flowers based on that short timeline, my budget, and my preferences. Jamie knew what to ask to learn what I like and also to help me assess my options. We looked at pictures and based on my feedback she was able to make more suggestions from there and help me find my dream flowers! Jamie also helped me make the most out of decorating the space within my desired budget. For example, I used the same two large arrangements in my ceremony space and had them moved to flank the DJ table on the dance floor to decorate my reception space. Jamie gives great advice and was able to gather my preferences from our one meeting and email/phone correspondence after. She was very quick to respond, extremely friendly and accommodating, and super helpful. I went through A.R. Pontius to transport my flowers as well and they arrived beautifully and intact. When I got to my venue (Castle Farms in Charlevoix) on my wedding day I was blown away by the bouquets and floral arrangements. I brought them home with me too and enjoyed them for a couple weeks after! I can't say enough about how amazing my experience with Jamie and A.R. Pontius was for my wedding! I only wish I lived closer so I could get flowers from there more often!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Kelley S

Jamie was absolutely incredible to work with for my wedding! Everything was gorgeous and beyond what we could have wished for. Jamie was extremely accommodating and so much fun to work with. Thank you for making our wedding day so perfect!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Katie B

The women of A.R. Pontius created the wedding arrangements of my dreams! I wanted somewhat unconventional designs and local flowers. The table arrangements were exploding with local blooms in all the colors I hoped for, and a special statement arrangement for the ceremony was... Read More big and fun and totally exceeded my expectations. All of the flowers were stunning. Hire A.R. Pontius!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Madison S

Wonderful customer service. She made herself available to me and helped me choose what i had in my head.

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Lori F

Jamie and her crew did an AMAZING job with the flowers at our daughter's wedding. We had high hopes, which were all exceeded. Everyone was talking about the flowers, and how creative and beautiful they were. They really did make the reception! Jamie was wonderful to work... Read More with as well. She was friendly, professional, listened to our wishes, and was patient as we kept changing our minds! We would highly recommend Jamie and A.R. Pontius Flower Shop to anyone needing flowers for a special event or occasion.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Karen D

The flowers were as beautiful as they could possibly be. Jamie perfectly executed the plan that my daughters and I created with her and made the execution easy. The flowers arrived on schedule for the ceremony and the reception looked lovely every where they were placed. I... Read More highly recommend Jamie and her business, A.R. Pontius Flower Shop for all special events.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Jessica A

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Bonnie K

Not only was everyone at the shop an absolute pleasure to talk with in the planning phase, but they really deliver!! Our budget was a bit limited compared to a lot of clients in the area but everything was beautiful and the shop was so accommodating! The flowers looked full and... Read More so so pretty. Got a ton of compliments from guests. They also managed to wrangle my three year old niece to get some pretty blooms in her hair. They are Awesome!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Brittany H

We worked with Jamie at Pontius and she was so easy and fun to work with. She was able to create us arrangements that were within our budget, and it was as simple as meeting her for coffee one Sunday and sharing our Pinterest board with colors and type of arrangements we were... Read More interested in. Last minute we even decided to get a small wedding cake, solely to cut, and she offered to pick up the cake and bring it to our venue. SERIOUSLY!!! Pontius went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect and I'd recommend her to anyone having a Northern Michigan wedding.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Kasie B

Jamie was amazing to work with! I gave her a budget and what I was looking for and she nailed it! She was the only vendor that I worked with that actually worked within my budget and still was able to achieve exactly what I was looking for which was refreshing during the whole... Read More planning process. Everything we discussed in our planning process was perfectly executed and more than what I could have imagined. It was all stunning and made the whole event look beautiful. I received several compliments on how beautiful my bridal bouquet was. Highly recommend Jamie and her team at A.R. Pontius Flower Shop.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Jane H

Jamie and Julie are wonderful!! They did flowers for our daughter and son-in-laws wedding the end of July 2017 and they were just perfect! Exactly what our daughter envisioned. We trusted Jamie to create and she exceeded our expectations. Jamie even found flowers we didn't think... Read More we could get this late in July, she made our daughter's day. Thank you to both Jamie and Julie! Such a fun experience, such easy going, wonderful florists.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Erin F

Jamie and the team at Pontius Flowers are truly magical! They did the flowers for both our rehearsal dinner and outdoor reception, and both were positively stunning. The floral “chandelier” they created for our reception quite literally took my breath away, and created gorgeous... Read More photos that we’ll cherish forever. Jamie is also a goddess of patience, and worked with us through multiple consultations and me changing my mind about our color palate/overall floral look about 6 times. I had high expectations for what the final outcome would be, and she totally blew my expectations out of the water. Many, many thanks to Jamie and her team, and I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Jordan R

Jamie was spot on with everything. Not only did she nail my bouquets, she was prompt and always responded in a timely manner. My flowers were gorgeous. Sad I only was able to use them for a day.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Lindsey W

October 2016 Wedding: AMAZING flowers, great ideas, and execution was fabulous. Helped with set-up, which was greatly appreciated. Would recommend 100% without reservation! Also, the flowers lasted for a little over a week after the wedding!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Stephanie S

Jamie did the flowers for my wedding earlier this month and they were awesome! She captured our vision perfectly while staying within our budget. All of the flowers matched the feel of the wedding and were beyond beautiful!! So happy!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Hannah S

A.R. Pontius is amazing! Jamie was so lovely to work with, and you really can't beat her taste and skill. I basically sent her a set of photos that I liked and gave her free rein, and she turned out the most beautiful wedding flowers I could have imagined. My bouquet and our... Read More floral arch (using Pontius's rented birch arch) were truly stunning, and our centerpieces were just perfect: Jamie worked with our day-of coordinators to create a completely dreamy driftwood/votive/greenery/floral combination on each table. Her arrangements absolutely nailed the wild-but-elegant look we had in mind. She even surprised us by adding some beautiful greenery to our seating chart poster, which was a gorgeous touch. All of this within our price range. Seriously, she's the best.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Angela V

We hired Jamie to do our wedding flowers for this October at Castle farms. She was great to work with and definitely listens to what you want. It all turned out amazing, everything I had imagined and more. Thank you Jamie!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Victoria T

Jamie did an amazing job- she listened to what we wanted and COMPLETELY delivered. Flowers were gorgeous, fresh, and she perfectly captured our vision. They were even better than I had imagined! She is also a lovely person and was easy to work with. Prices were reasonable and... Read More she was budget-conscious. I would happily use her services again!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Alison P

Jamie was awesome and so easy to work with. Our wedding floral arrangements turned out beautifully. She was flexible as our needs changed, and was reasonably priced compared to the other options in Northern Michigan. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Connie L

We were married at The Perry Hotel on June 24, 2016 and I'm so glad we were able to work with Jamie. She did an amazing job! Her beautiful bouquets and centerpieces were perfect and complimented the rose garden setting of our wedding ceremony and reception. I would recommend... Read More A.R. Pontius to anyone looking for a great florist in northern Michigan.

Jamie Beth Platte

I grew up in Petoskey, just across Little Traverse Bay from Harbor Springs. Ten years ago I moved back to Northern Michigan from San Francisco; I had spent the previous 10 years earning a vocal music degree and pursuing a performance career. A friend knew I had experience in gardening and plants and suggested I apply as a florist where he was working. I got the job. In 2013 I bought A.R. Pontius Flower Shop. I love my job. I am extremely grateful to all of the clients that let me create for them, and I am so proud to own a nearly 100-year-old flower shop.