A.R. Pontius Flower Shop

A.R. Pontius Flower Shop, in downtown Harbor Springs, has been providing floral design in Northern Michigan for over 90 years. We design fresh flowers for weddings, events, and everyday arrangements. We strive to use local flowers as much as possible, and to create each couple's unique floral vision. Our storefront in beautiful Harbor Springs is open seasonally, and we are available for events year round.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

592 E Main St, Harbor Springs, MI (231) 526-9690

Absolutely AHHHH-Mazing!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Julie B

A.R. Pontius Flower Shop made our wedding exquisitely beautiful! Starting with our first meeting with Jamie, she expertly and professionally came up with options and ideas that we loved. We had our wedding at our home and she transformed our space with her expertly crafted... Read More blooms. We, as well as our guests, were simply blown away by the beauty of her work. Julie Cotter

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Kelly V

We chose A.R. Pontius as our florist for our wedding in Petoskey this past September and they were absolutely amazing! Jamie was so great and laid-back. She was so understanding when dealing with the last minute changes that I'm sure most brides send her way. Plus, the flowers... Read More were even more beautiful than we ever could have dreamed of! We loved working with A.R. Pontius and I'm still swooning over the beautiful floral pieces of our reception in the photos!

Wonderful Experience with Pontius

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Laurie H

We got married in Harbor Springs, MI, this past Labor Day weekend. Pontius Flower Shop created the bouquets for my bridesmaids and I, as well as the boutineers for the groom, groomsmen, ushers, and our dads. Not only were the bouquets absolutely beautiful, but working with Jamie... Read More from the shop was easy and efficient. We corresponded throughout the months before the wedding to figure out what flowers she would use, what colors, and what overall style we wanted. Jamie totally captured what I wanted, from the blue and purple colors to the more wild style of the bouquet. They also delivered our flowers to us for a small extra charge- 100% worth it to save us the time on picking them up ourselves! I couldn't give a higher recommendation for this flower shop- working with Pontius was wonderful, and we are so happy to have had them as part of our day.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Jessica A

EXCEEDED ANY EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Bonnie K

Not only was everyone at the shop an absolute pleasure to talk with in the planning phase, but they really deliver!! Our budget was a bit limited compared to a lot of clients in the area but everything was beautiful and the shop was so accommodating! The flowers looked full and... Read More so so pretty. Got a ton of compliments from guests. They also managed to wrangle my three year old niece to get some pretty blooms in her hair. They are Awesome!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Tammis F

There were two things that I knew for sure when we were engaged, who would do the food and hands down who we wanted to do our flowers! A.R.Pontius Flower Shop! I've been lucky to know and work w/ these talented ladies for a very long time. I had a pretty specific idea of the... Read More style we were looking for I just gave Jamie the colors and flowers I love and they nailed it as I knew they would! We were so blessed to get all the awesome flowers that I'd asked for(even peonies) in August in NoMi! I highly recommend and regularly do to brides and for any kind of special occasion this quaint flower shop with huge talent and creativity they are amazing! They made our day extremely special!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Paige Z

I can't say enough good things about Jamie and the team at Pontius Flowers! Even before wedding planning begun, I knew how important it would be for me to find someone I trusted with our wedding florals and greenery. The first time that I spoke with Jamie over the phone, I knew... Read More she would be perfect for the job! She understood exactly what I was envisioning and ended up exceeding all of our expectations! The wedding day was absolutely stunning because of her talent and design. We live in California and had a destination wedding in Northern Michigan so I never actually met with Jamie. Despite the distance, she was incredibly professional and responded whenever I needed her. She is very good at running her business and there were never any hiccups working with her. I would recommend her to anyone in Northern Michigan!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Brittany H

We worked with Jamie at Pontius and she was so easy and fun to work with. She was able to create us arrangements that were within our budget, and it was as simple as meeting her for coffee one Sunday and sharing our Pinterest board with colors and type of arrangements we were... Read More interested in. Last minute we even decided to get a small wedding cake, solely to cut, and she offered to pick up the cake and bring it to our venue. SERIOUSLY!!! Pontius went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect and I'd recommend her to anyone having a Northern Michigan wedding.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Kasie B

Jamie was amazing to work with! I gave her a budget and what I was looking for and she nailed it! She was the only vendor that I worked with that actually worked within my budget and still was able to achieve exactly what I was looking for which was refreshing during the whole... Read More planning process. Everything we discussed in our planning process was perfectly executed and more than what I could have imagined. It was all stunning and made the whole event look beautiful. I received several compliments on how beautiful my bridal bouquet was. Highly recommend Jamie and her team at A.R. Pontius Flower Shop.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Jane H

Jamie and Julie are wonderful!! They did flowers for our daughter and son-in-laws wedding the end of July 2017 and they were just perfect! Exactly what our daughter envisioned. We trusted Jamie to create and she exceeded our expectations. Jamie even found flowers we didn't think... Read More we could get this late in July, she made our daughter's day. Thank you to both Jamie and Julie! Such a fun experience, such easy going, wonderful florists.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Erin F

Jamie and the team at Pontius Flowers are truly magical! They did the flowers for both our rehearsal dinner and outdoor reception, and both were positively stunning. The floral “chandelier” they created for our reception quite literally took my breath away, and created gorgeous... Read More photos that we’ll cherish forever. Jamie is also a goddess of patience, and worked with us through multiple consultations and me changing my mind about our color palate/overall floral look about 6 times. I had high expectations for what the final outcome would be, and she totally blew my expectations out of the water. Many, many thanks to Jamie and her team, and I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Jordan R

Jamie was spot on with everything. Not only did she nail my bouquets, she was prompt and always responded in a timely manner. My flowers were gorgeous. Sad I only was able to use them for a day.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Lindsey W

October 2016 Wedding: AMAZING flowers, great ideas, and execution was fabulous. Helped with set-up, which was greatly appreciated. Would recommend 100% without reservation! Also, the flowers lasted for a little over a week after the wedding!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Stephanie S

Jamie did the flowers for my wedding earlier this month and they were awesome! She captured our vision perfectly while staying within our budget. All of the flowers matched the feel of the wedding and were beyond beautiful!! So happy!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Hannah S

A.R. Pontius is amazing! Jamie was so lovely to work with, and you really can't beat her taste and skill. I basically sent her a set of photos that I liked and gave her free rein, and she turned out the most beautiful wedding flowers I could have imagined. My bouquet and our... Read More floral arch (using Pontius's rented birch arch) were truly stunning, and our centerpieces were just perfect: Jamie worked with our day-of coordinators to create a completely dreamy driftwood/votive/greenery/floral combination on each table. Her arrangements absolutely nailed the wild-but-elegant look we had in mind. She even surprised us by adding some beautiful greenery to our seating chart poster, which was a gorgeous touch. All of this within our price range. Seriously, she's the best.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Angela V

We hired Jamie to do our wedding flowers for this October at Castle farms. She was great to work with and definitely listens to what you want. It all turned out amazing, everything I had imagined and more. Thank you Jamie!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Victoria T

Jamie did an amazing job- she listened to what we wanted and COMPLETELY delivered. Flowers were gorgeous, fresh, and she perfectly captured our vision. They were even better than I had imagined! She is also a lovely person and was easy to work with. Prices were reasonable and... Read More she was budget-conscious. I would happily use her services again!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Alison P

Jamie was awesome and so easy to work with. Our wedding floral arrangements turned out beautifully. She was flexible as our needs changed, and was reasonably priced compared to the other options in Northern Michigan. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Connie L

We were married at The Perry Hotel on June 24, 2016 and I'm so glad we were able to work with Jamie. She did an amazing job! Her beautiful bouquets and centerpieces were perfect and complimented the rose garden setting of our wedding ceremony and reception. I would recommend... Read More A.R. Pontius to anyone looking for a great florist in northern Michigan.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Molly G

Our wedding ceremony and reception arrangements provided by A.R. Pontius were absolutely beautiful and exactly what I envisioned! Jamie is easy to work with and she went above and beyond to make our wedding day absolutely stunning. I was so happy with everything and would... Read More highly recommend A.R. Pontius!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Heather S

Jamie did an amazing job! Super easy to work with and all of our centerpieces and ceremony pieces turned out amazing!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Lauren E

Jamie did a wonderful job with my wedding flowers! The ceremony and reception arrangements were exactly as I had envisioned! She was professional and easy to communicate with. I couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Kristina K

It was wonderful working with Jamie and her team! She had great ideas and made every effort to stay within our budget. The arrangements and bouquets came together beautifully. Her communication was prompt and thorough and she was very accommodating to last minute changes. I... Read More would recommend her to anyone looking for wedding and eventhe flowers.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Julie S

Perfection! We used A.R. Pontius for our daughter's July wedding. We met with Jamie a year before the wedding and from the start it was such an enjoyable experience. Jamie is easy going, but with an attention to detail that's amazing. She was great about using some vintage... Read More vases & jars that my daughter collected over the year. All the flowers including the small vases at the alter to the mason jars along the aisles, the table centerpieces and most importantly the bridal bouquet were perfect and EXACTLY what my daughter wanted. We had so many compliments on the flower arrangements. Jamie truly delivered the perfect flowers and we couldn't have been more pleased with everything!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Katie R

Jamie was absolutely wonderful to work with! She made my vision come to life perfectly. It didn't matter to her what my budget was, she was willing to make my wedding just as beautiful as someone with an unlimited budget. I can't recommend Jamie and the team at A.R. Pontius... Read More enough!

Jamie Beth Platte

I have worked in floral and garden design for 15 years, both at A.R. Pontius and for other local florists and garden centers. In addition to visual art, I studied vocal performance at Eastern Michigan University and acting at the American Conservatory Theater. I lived in San Francisco for several years and love to travel, but am now very happy to call beautiful Northern Michigan home. I am proud to be the owner of a nearly 100 year old floral business!