The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Chateau Ritz is an attractive event venue just a short drive from Chicago in Niles, Illinois. This full-service event facility specializes in wedding receptions but also hosts a wide range of other events including bridal showers, luncheons and other celebrations. The property was completely renovated in 2009 and has been owned and operated by the same family for over 20 years.

Chateau Ritz features elegant chandeliers, beautiful draperies, gorgeous tiled and carpeted flooring, charming wall sconces and a huge bar. A variety of room setup options are possible with head tables already set up with a gorgeous backdrop. Choose from round tables, banquet tables and more. The possibilities are virtually endless.

Several room rental options are possible. Couples can rent one room that holds up to 240 wedding guests or a room-and-a-half, which provides space for as many as 360 people. For larger wedding receptions, the bride and groom can rent two rooms and have space to seat up to 480 wedding guests or they can rent out the entire hall, which creates space to host as many as 850 guests.

The package menu at Chateau Ritz include a five-and-a-half-hour rental time with four hours of unlimited cocktail service. It also consists of a complete sit-down dinner and unlimited wine with dinner as well as a fully customized wedding cake and complimentary wine at the wedding party table.

Dinner is comprised of one soup, one salad, an entree, one vegetable side dish, a potato dish, rolls with butter, beverages and dessert. Entree options include choices like chicken Chateau, broiled salmon and prime rib of beef. Soups include beef barley, minestrone and creamed asparagus. Salad options included with the package are Caesar, garden salad or arugula spinach salad. Additional salads are offered for an additional cost.

Vegetable choices include asparagus spears or broccoli, green beans with almonds and peas and carrots. Choose from potato dishes, like butter-whipped potatoes and garlic herb mashed potatoes. Included dessert options consist of peach Melba, spumoni or French vanilla ice cream with topping. Dessert upgrades are also available.

Alternative family-style meals are offered as well and include three entree choices instead of one along with the same items served with the plated dinner. Add buffet-style or butler-served hors d'oeuvres, a variety of appetizers or a sweet table for an additional cost. Cocktail service includes blended drinks, martinis and after-dinner liqueurs with premium brands.

All rentals at Chateau Ritz also include use of stylish gold chiavari chairs, charming ivory chair cushions, white or ivory floor-length table linens and linen napkins in whatever color choice the bride and groom prefer. Linen and lighting upgrades are also available for an additional fee and include items like table overlays, special chair covers and LED wall washers.

A deposit is required to reserve an event space and the deposit amount is dependent on the amount of space rented. Another deposit for that same amount must be paid three months after the first deposit. All deposits are non-refundable. A final guest count must be turned into the staff at Chateau Ritz on the Monday morning before the wedding reception and the remainder of the balance for the rental is due at least 48 hours before the reception and can be paid by cash, certified check or cashier's check. Special pricing is available for events held on weekdays, Sundays and off-season Saturdays.

• Bridal suite included
  • Background music included
  • White-glove service

The newly renovated, family-owned and operated Chateau Ritz is a perfect location for Chicagoland receptions! We have a strong reputation for providing quality, consistent cuisine. Our kitchen is led by Chicago veteran, Chef Al Panou. The Chateau Ritz is accessible by 294, 94, and 90 expressways.

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

9100 N. Milwaukee Ave, Niles, IL (847) 298-0700

Thanks Chateau Ritz

Reviewed on 1/09/2014 Muhanad J

I had my wedding on December 14,2013 ,I can not even begin to explain how wonderful Chateau Ritz . I live out of state and they made it so easy for me to plan the wedding from where I am. I can only imagine how easy it is if you live there. Anything I needed they had and more... Read More . It was a beautiful venue with excellent food all around. Everyone commented on how great it was. It was also noted what a wonderful, relaxing, stress-free night it was. All due to the wonderful staff at Chateau Ritz. and a special Thanks to Mike , he was an extremely helpful for the entire process ,he had an Amazing experience, he Answered all our questions and concerns,thank you again Chateau Ritz!

Amazing service

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 lena s

Love chateau ritz, my wedding was amazing .... My guests love the food and the service .... They did everything I asked for ..... I highly recommend chateau ritz for wedding or any other even ..... Great place ... Thanks chateau ritz for making my wedding night am amazing event.

Chateau Ritz- Venue

Reviewed on 7/12/2013 Yara H

The Chateau Ritz staff was amazing. They were very helpful with every step all the way up to the day of the wedding. The waitress were very respectful, fast, and efficient. My guests were well pleased with the decor and the staff's work. My wedding had about 300 people and the... Read More price was very reasonable. The bridal suite is large and beautiful. The set up was exactly how I asked them. I couldn't ask for anything more! I would 100% recommend this venue to anyone :)

Exceptional Venue, Staff and Food!

Reviewed on 4/08/2015 alexandrea g

If I could give 6 stars or more I would! Chateau Ritz has surpasses any expectation I had for a wedding reception venue. From the beginning they made me feel comfortable and like family. Any concern or worry I had, they were very reassuring. They are one of the most reasonably... Read More priced in the area. You get so much food and amenities for your money! Most venues try to nickel and dime you for any additional request, but not Chateau Ritz. The staff is genuine and truly cares about making your day special. They would quickly respond to my many questions I had throughout the process. The hall is absolutely beautiful! It felt spacious, but private enough for an intimate setting. The food is beyond amazing (the best “wedding food” I have ever had) and the open bar had many options! I would recommend Chateau Ritz to anyone looking to be taken care of and be put at ease.

Loved it!

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Shabana K

The place was gorgeous! And the staff was great to work with. I would call them at random times to just make sure that everything will be how I want it and they would always respond very promptly via phone or email. They also are paired with a couple bakeries so they help you... Read More get a good deal for the wedding cake as well.

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 6/02/2014 JENNIFER V

I realy loved it here. They were very accomodating and gave a discount for off season wedding. The place is very clean and beautiful. I highly recommend it and would come here again for other occasions.

expectations

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 karolen h

the hall was absolutely gorgeous, especially due to our florist, but the food was nasty: cold/bland/rubbery not good at all, def did not expect that since everyone raves about their food.

Beautiful Place!

Reviewed on 2/11/2013 cassandra C

Chateau Ritz is a beautiful hall!! My husband and I loved it. They transformed the room for us and let us add last min. people the day of. The only thing is we did not like the bakery that comes included in the price. Too dry and blah. Other than that I would go back!

amazing

Reviewed on 10/01/2012 Erin C

the moment I stepped into Chateau Ritz I made up my mind that this was where we would be having our wedding reception. I, of course, had to look at other locations and let my at the time fiance think he had a choice, but in my heart, I knew. Every person we talked to was help... Read More and kind. They really wanted our reception to make US happy. Nick and Joanne worked with us on a beautiful layout, back lighting, and table linens to ensure our reception was everthing we could have asked for. The food was delicious too! I would suggest Chateau Ritz to any future bride!!!

September Local Bride

Reviewed on 9/28/2012 Jenney P

My husband and I grew up in the area, but hadn't seen the inside since their renovation years ago. It's amazing! Our guests can't stop raving about how gorgeous everything was! (Us too!!) The staff was very helpful throughout the planning phases, they really work with you to... Read More make everything how you want it. And the food was awesome, our guests keep raving about that too. Even the cake, they don't make it themselves obviously, but they contract with Sugar Hills Bakery, and that cake was so delicious. Decorated exactly how I wanted and was the best wedding cake I've ever had! Definitely look into the Ritz!

RE-vamped venue!

Reviewed on 9/08/2012 JoAnn B

Chateau ritz has been completely re-vamped. It is beautiful inside! They set the room up perfect for our wedding. Only downfall is that there was only ONE bridal suite, in order to get the bridal suite you have to be the first to come. We just used the venue and had a wedding... Read More coordinator/ venue from outside.

Great Job

Reviewed on 10/22/2011 Nineveh E

My husband an I had our wedding reception at Chateau Ritz on 10/23/2010. They did a great job with the amount of time given. We booked them only six months in advance. They were helpful, friendly and did a great job. Everything looked beautiful. They had recently updated... Read More the place, and did a great job with it. Thank you all so much! Nin & Elie

Excellent job

Reviewed on 7/30/2011 Dana S

I loved this venue!! The food was very good and the service was excellent, I will hardly recommended.