Beautiful Music for Special Occasions

Columbus Musicians, LLC is an organization run by professional musicians with one goal: to create beautiful music for our clients at every opportunity. We specialize in string quartets, trios, duos and soloists for weddings in and around Columbus, Ohio. Ask about our Rock N' Roll String Quartet!

Instruments

Cello, Fiddle, Guitar, Keyboard, Mandolin, Piano, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Rock

Rehearsal Dinner, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

195 W. Como Ave., Columbus, OH (614) 886-7724

Outstanding music, service and professionalism

Reviewed on 9/15/2010 Aly T

Columbus Musicians were fantastic at our non-traditional wedding ceremony. I had a lot of ideas about the music but didn't really know how to translate them into music that would work for a wedding ceremony. They played a combination of both traditional and more modern music... Read More throughout the ceremony including while our guests were being seated, the processional, changing each song for the parents and grandparents, bridal party and then for me and my dad. They also played a musical interlude while we lit the unity candle and then played the recessional. The ceremony went wonderfully. We got so many compliments on the ceremony and the music. Columbus Musicians worked with my non-traditional ideas and made sure that the music complimented our ceremony perfectly. The best part was that they were very professional, played beautiful music and we barely even noticed them (which I think is a good sign because they didn't get in the way at all). I can say that I am 100% satisfied with the performance they gave.

String Duo - Simply Perfect.

Reviewed on 10/01/2010 Ian G

Columbus Musicians (CM), LLC. were professional, great to work with and most importantly, they performed beautifully. My wife and I hired CM, LLC. to play a string duo for our ceremony music and into our cocktail hour. They were set and playing before I even knew they were... Read More there. CM played all the special request music we asked for and worked smoothly with our wedding planner. I would recommend CM again and again.

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 9/09/2010 Kathleen C

We couldn't be happier with our decision to go with Columbus Musicians for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour music! They did an amazing job and played each of our song choices beautifully. They also went above and beyond by putting together a song that we requested that... Read More they had never played before. It was a song that was special to us so it meant a lot to have it played at the ceremony. We would definitely recommend Columbus Musicians!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Eric F

Columbus Musicians provided the perfect touch for our intimate ceremony. Very reasonably priced with lots of options for different events. Selecting music was straightforward, and they were very accommodating of requests (I'm a musician myself). The experience the day of the... Read More wedding was perfect - everything went very smoothly, and the music sounded fantastic. All of our guests commented on the live strings and how much it added to the ceremony. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Joanna D

Columbus Musician's were exceptional in every way. They were totally professional. prompt, informative and involved. I felt like they really cared. The music was beautiful and we would use them for any event to come.

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Bebe J

I love Columbus Musicians, LLC!!! I dealt with Ian via email mostly and he made it extremely easy to pick and organize the music selection I needed for my wedding! We selected the string quartet and all the popular arrangements made it very enjoyable for our guest! Ian is also... Read More very knowledgeable about wedding music and that was helpful in deciding what I wanted for my special day!

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Danielle A

The perfect day is filled with beautiful sights, sounds, smells, and feelings beyond mere imagination. When it comes to sounds, the Columbus Musicians offer a variety of classical and contemporary instrumental music to give color to what is heard at your event. We were... Read More fortunate enough to have a string quartet make our scene magical. Just as in the movies, the most majestic, dramatic, and beautiful moments often have amazing soundtracks that accompany the picture and enhance the raw feelings that surround the moments that we relive over and over again.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Colleen Y

We hired the string quartet to play for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Ian made it so easy to fill out and choose music, was easily accessible, and the quartet sounded amazing! We absolutely loved hearing them play, and they added such a romantic touch to our wedding. I'm so... Read More glad we hired them!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Meredith R

The musicians were awesome and super professional. The booking process was incredibly easy, and we really appreciated all of the prompt communication and helpful recommendations for music selections.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Chris L

The team over Columbus Musicians did an incredible job at our wedding this past weekend. Ian was super easy to work with and helped us align on which songs to play during the ceremony. They showed up early, we're professional, and played wonderfully. We got many compliments from... Read More our guests. We used their String Quartet and we'd highly recommend it. We looked at a few other strings groups in the area and found Columbus Musicians to be the best and they didn't disappoint. We'd recommend to everyone.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Justine D

A last minute addition to our wedding ceremony--definitely worth it! It made the moment even more romantic & intimate. The music was beautiful and they have a wide music selection.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Shannon T

Columbus Musicians is fantastic! I hired a string quartet to play at my wedding ceremony, and Ian was so easy to work with (they have a huge repertoire!). They did thirty minutes of pre-ceremony music, and from what I was able to hear off in the distance, it sounded great. And... Read More they played the processional and recessional selections beautifully! They were very professional, and we barely even noticed them arriving and leaving. I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Sarah C

Columbus Musicians were great to work with for our wedding! Ian was so helpful during the planning process. Their music was so beautiful during the ceremony! We couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016

The bride and groom were very satisfied with the string trio at their wedding ceremony. It was done beautifully and smoothly. Thank you to you and your staff Ian.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Adrianne M

We hired a string quartet from Columbus Musicians, LLC and they provided the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour and they were amazing!! So many of our guests commented about how beautiful they sounded! Not only did they sound beautiful but they wore tuxes so it also added... Read More an elegance and class to their musical talent. Ian was great to work; very friendly and professional and the process was so easy which really helps with the stress level when trying to plan a wedding. I would highly recommend Columbus Musicians, LLC for a wedding or any event.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Maureen R

Everyone loved the string quartet, I received so many compliments about how it really added something​ special to the ceremony. They have a huge library of songs they can play from. They were very responsive and easy to work with. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 4/07/2016 Rachel W

We had a string trio from Columbus Musicians play our ceremony music and play for our cocktail hour and they were great! All of our guests really enjoyed it. Ian was great to work with. He addressed any questions I had in a very timely manner. I would definitely recommend... Read More Columbus Musicians!

Reviewed on 3/04/2016 Katie R

We had the string trio play for our ceremony and cocktail hour for our wedding on 1/16/16. The music was so beautiful, and the musicians were on time, prepared, and completely professional. We worked with Ian to make the arrangements and he was super nice and helpful. We were... Read More very pleased with the music and felt that the cost was very reasonable.

Columbus Musicians

Reviewed on 12/21/2015 Emily

Ian was very easy to work with and also very responsive to emails. We had a violin/guitar duo and it was absolutely beautiful. Definitely a highlight of the ceremony. They played the songs exactly as requested. Highly recommend Columbus Musicians!

Beautiful music!

Reviewed on 11/27/2015 Melissa N

I would highly recommend Columbus Musicians for any wedding ceremony! Ian was very helpful during the planning process and even provided song samples and recommendations to help us choose music for the various parts of our ceremony. We had a string trio perform and the music... Read More was beautiful! Many guests commented on how nice the live music was before the ceremony started and then during and after as well.

Excellent

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Alex H

The quartet showed up early played my playlist. Their repotoire was extensive. I got more compliments on them than anything else in our wedding. If you are on the fence. Go with a quartet, they are worth every penny. I would highly recommend.

Made my day beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Brittany S

We had a trio for our wedding and it was absolutely beautiful. I have always loved the sound of strings and it made my wedding so much classier to have them there. All of our guests kept saying how beautiful they sounded!

Wonderful to work with and great experience

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Whitney C

I stumbled upon Columbis musicians through the night and emailed Ian on a whim. He was very easy to work with and responded promptly to emails with lots of details and options. We settled on using a soloist on guitar for our ceremony and a string quartet for our cocktail hour.... Read More The guitarist made a personalized arrangement for us for my walk down the aisle and it was so beautiful and very special. I did not attend my own cocktail hour but everyone had wonderful things to say about the fun and upbeat music the quartet played while they waited for the bridal party to arrive. I would use them again for an event in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Regan S

My guests loved the string quartet! My mom planned this vendor on her own (I am very type A and this stressed me out a little) and everything went perfectly! As soon as I heard them play the song I requested for my bridesmaids to walk down the isle to I started having happy... Read More tears, it was so beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015

The music was wonderful and really made the experience a wonderful one.

Ian J. Jones

Ian Jones has been playing the violin for 25 years and has been performing in and leading wedding music for over 16 years. He earned his Bachelor of Music in Violin Performance from The Dana School of Music in 2003.