Countryside Banquet Facility

Ballroom, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

659 School St, Washington, IL (309) 745-5032

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Morgan B

Countryside did a wonderful job to make our day special. The food options were great, and could fit any schedule. The food was also really good (roasted chicken, pork loin, garlic mashed potatoes, and veggies). Kristi is also relatively easy to work with. She allowed us to come... Read More in the day before and set up, but then we had to pay extra to come in that evening and rehearse. She always answered any questions I had, and worked with me to make the day great. The only thing I didn’t like was we were continuously told until the Wednesday before the wedding that we might not be able to come in and rehearse if an event is booked. If I’m offering to pay to rehearse, that should take priority since I’m spending thousands of dollars the next day. There were minor mishaps the day of, and when it was mentioned it was quickly resolved. The bartenders even looked out for people who were drinking too much, and cut them off, which we loved. I did love that they allowed us to hide out in the tent (since there wasn’t an event) so I was hidden from all the guests before the ceremony. I did not like that there wasn’t a formal tasting. You had to email each week and see what they were serving, then you could go in and grab a sample. A formal tasting would have been much easier for us. We also did not like that we weren’t told there would be other alcohol choices, in particular, bottle of beer and premium liquors displayed. We were under the assumption that the kegs/wines/liquors we wanted to include would be the only one’s able for purchase. Therefore, we bought a lot of alcohol, and people still were paying for alcohol because it wasn’t clear we were having an open bar. Overall a great experience, and I would use them again.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Eric N

We used Countryside's tent for our wedding. We held the ceremony on their outdoor patio and the reception in the tent. We had outdoor games in the grass out front. Kristi LaHood owns and runs Countryside. Kristi has kind of a harsh personality and doesn't beat around the bush.... Read More She's very busy, but responds to emails quickly. She had a lot of rules for the tent but was also accommodating with the lighting we wanted to use. Overall it was a very positive experience and our wedding was beautiful and perfect.

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Emily C

I'm not a complainer. But as a first time bride looking at our first location to hold our wedding reception, and the venue manager doesn't show up or answer any of my phone calls, it's a little disheartening. We waited half an hour for her to show up and called three times. I... Read More finally received an email this morning apologizing and said she mixed up days. Now I am all for giving people second chances, but this left me with a sense of faithlessness in this venue if the manager couldn't make it on the very initial viewing. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I take punctuality and organization pretty serious, especially when it comes to our wedding. I'm sure it's lovely, and I've heard rave reviews, but it's tarnished for us now and we will be taking our business elsewhere.

All around Fabulous

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Jennifer B

Countryside Banquet was wonderful Kristi was great to work with from start to finish. The food was amazing. Set up was exactly as planned. The servers were wonderful and attentive. We had a wonderful time and our guests did as well. I would highly recommend Countryside... Read More Banquet to anyone.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 7/10/2013 Jillian L

We used Countryside for both our ceremony and reception. It couldn't have been more beautiful! Thankfully it was air conditioned because outside was very hot. The people there are very accommodating and worked so well with us to make sure we had everything we wanted and needed.... Read More They checked in with us throughout the night as well to make sure everything was going according to plan. I would strongly recommend them!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 7/04/2013 Laura H

I used the garden tent for my reception and it was absolutely gorgeous. It was the perfect size for about 200 people. Lots of room between tables and a nice size dance floor where no tables had to be moved. The food was also very good. Everything was exactly how it was... Read More presented and how we wanted it.

Our Experience

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Krystal E

We had our wedding reception at Countryside. For the most part it went well. The owner was very helpful the week and day of the event. She was somewhat hard to get ahold of. However, when we signed the contract and met to go over everything, a few major details were left out. We... Read More were not informed of the additional fee for setting up extra tables and we were not told about the fee for an additional half hour for the DJ/vendor to pack up after 12am (which is when our event ended). We were also told by a family member that when they had attended a previous wedding reception at Countryside, they had passed off tapped kegs as full ones, and then attempted to charge the wedding couple for full kegs. I would definitely check your kegs, especially if they are going to be Bud Light. On a brighter note, the food is DELICIOUS! Everyone loved the food. The food is well worth the money.

My Cousins wedding reception

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Joy L

It was a beautiful venue. Food was delicious and the tent was wonderful. I would definitely recommend this for your reception or event.

Very Pretty Reception Location

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Jesi S

My husband knew he wanted this location as his wedding reception site before we were even thinking about marriage. His sister had used Countryside's tent for her wedding, and his whole family really enjoyed the atmosphere. The price was a bit steep for what I wanted to spend,... Read More but I wanted us both to be happy. The hors d'oeuvres and the chocolate fountain (plus additional cost for food to dip) are extremely expensive (for this area, at least). No outside food or drink (except for peanuts, cake, and mints) are allowed; therefore, we went without a chocolate fountain. The tent is beautiful both inside and out, and our food was very good. We had good service from the staff. There are two facilities connected to one parking lot for events. One is a building, and one is a tent. We had a few "wedding crashers" from the other event try to intrude on our day three different times. I have been to a reception in this tent during the middle of July, and it is perfectly cool inside. It is very well air-conditioned. However, our event was in the fall. The air was on, and probably did not have to be. The reception was perfect, but after we (bride & groom) left (10PM), we were told people could see their breath in the tent and several guests left because of the cold, although we rented the tent and the DJ until midnight. The tent is "climate controlled," but I am not sure if heat is a part of that control. Overall, our wedding day was just how I imagined it, and I would recommend this beautiful tent to someone else; just be cautious of prices and rude visitors that have nerve to come in for free food, beer, or dancing.

Review for Countryside Banquet Facility