D&M DJ Entertainment – “Entertainment That Works!

Entertainment Professionals and Consultants – Weddings, Events and Commercial Concepts Welcome to the world of D and M DJ Entertainment! Our team consists of veteran disc jockeys & karaoke professionals that have joined forces to work under one roof and collaborate to enhance their services. We have worked in the wedding, events and bar industry since the early 80's. We have been involved with all kinds of events, from charity dance-a-thons to Sci-fi conventions. We also have worked with many famous people. Our dance floors have seen half the original cast of “Battle Star Galactica” to others too many to mention. Promotional work with local radio stations and other related programs. When it comes to the world of weddings, events & clubs we have been a part of it. Learn about what services

African, Arabic, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Lacey L

Mike was the DJ for our wedding ceremony and reception this past weekend (4/15/17) and I wouldn't change a thing about it. He was FANTASTIC. Our ceremony flowed flawlessly and our dance floor was full the entire night. We had several comments from guests about how great the DJ... Read More was. He was fun, easy to communicate with, and worked hard to make our day perfect. We recommend him to anyone and everyone!

2017-04-21T10:27:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review about Mike! We will make sure he see's this! Also thank you for letting us dj your big day! We wish you many wonderful years together! David Kurtz CEO D and M DJ Entertainment

Reviewed on 2/07/2018 Carrie H

Dave was our DJ for our wedding and reception on 11/10/17. We had an amazing experience with him and everything flowed smoothly. Dave was in contact with us through the whole planning of our wedding and was able to answer all of our questions prior to the wedding, allowing us... Read More all to relax and enjoy our day! Dave’s website and music lists were extremely easy to navigate and had a great selection of music. We had a blast dancing the night away!! I would recommend Dave to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 Lacey K

Dave was our DJ for our NYE wedding and was phenomenal. He was great with preplanning ahead of time and has a great usable website that you can customize to your liking. Equipment is top notch and sounded excellent. He was on time the day of and kept our whole ceremony on... Read More track. We had him do both ceremony music and dinner/reception. He would have done cocktail hour too but we chose to use the hotels house music. He also ensures that he is clear on the must plays and do not plays. I had some guests who tried to play some of our do not plays and he ensured he stuck to that and/or got our permission directly from us if we did allow something. Great job gauging crowd and keeping our guests on dance floor!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 April M

David was the most amazing DJ to work with! From the moment my wife and I met him, we had no doubts or hesitation in deciding if this company was THE ONE. We felt at ease since the beginning and everything was very up front. They have an insane amount of music for all tastes and... Read More styles and easy access to creating playlists for your wedding. He also went above and beyond by helping us create a timeline for our ceremony and reception based on our music choices. This was incredibly helpful especially when you're trying to coordinate the photo times with the photographer. He was great with all our guests and really got the crowd going. Also, when we didn't have any music selections, he was able to choose songs in good faith based on the songs you have picked out. He is exceptional at feeling out the crowd and the mood and knows exactly what to play. We are still getting awesome compliments from our guests about how fun the night was! I will always recommend D and M DJ Entertainment hands down. They really took the stress away from getting married!

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Cory B

Dave was exceeding of all of our expectations throughout the night. He really makes it a point to accommodate to your needs and will always provide the atmosphere that you are seeking. He is a really delightful guy and great to work with. I would definitely recommend choosing... Read More him for all your D.J. needs!

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Cory B

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Julie H

very helpful and respectful for our American and Chinese Wedding

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Misty S

Mark and Andrew were the DJs and MCs for our reception last weekend and they made it perfect! They played our music, narrated our games, and entertained our guests perfectly! Without them it wouldn’t have been the same.

2017-10-26T10:59:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!! Mark & Andrew had a blast making your day exciting & special. This is the reason why we do the things we do!!! David Kurtz CEO D and M DJ Entertainment

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Meagan E

We loved Mark! He was the best DJ we have encountered, he listened to all our concerns, played every song on our request list and kept the music within our style! The music was never too loud either as our elderly grandmothers feared after being at another wedding recently... Read More (another venue) where the music was incredible loud. Mark is the best

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Melissa H

Kurt was our DJ, and he was great! When we met with him beforehand, he was very chill about us bucking some traditions (no intros, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc). Day of, he did a great job and kept the flow going nicely. He was very friendly. He also was excited to play the... Read More hora for the first time, which was charming. Great guy, great dj!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Michelle H

Mike was the DJ at our wedding and he did a fantastic job. The music lineup was highly customizable, the selection abundant, and communication was easy and responsive. Mike was able to accommodate every one of our requests and made it all happen perfectly. From what few songs we... Read More selected for the general reception time, he was able to get an idea of our tastes and what we were going for, allowing him to choose a fantastic set of songs that garnered repeated compliments from our guests. I saw people dance that I never expected would and everybody kept coming back for more. Overall, there is nothing that I would change about our experience and I would highly recommend D and M DJ Entertainment to anybody.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Michelle H

Kurt did a wonderful job at our wedding. He really knew how to read a crowd and kept the dance floor full all night. He was also very attentive to our needs. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Lindsey M

Dave was the absolute best my our daughter's wedding this past week-end!. He kept the evening flowing flawlessly. The music was great and I don't think there was a moment someone was not on the dance floor. Many thanks for making the evening so fun!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Corey S

Dave Kurtz did an exceptional job for my wife Emily and me on our 9/2/17 wedding. In the initial consultation he was nothing short of highly pleasant and a welcome presence. Dave made sure throughout the entire day that we were satisfied and to also notify us at what time we... Read More were scheduled to do this or that. One thing that was nerve-racking was trying to remember when the dances were and when the cake cutting was happening. Dave said that we were one of the easier couples that he worked with. Maybe that is because he did such a great job that we had no needs otherwise. It's like he fulfilled our wishes without us even knowing exactly what we wanted! I trusted that he knew what he was doing. If I remember correctly, Dave has approximately thirty years of DJ experience under his belt. I saw the proof in the pudding on my wedding day. I simply cannot thank him enough for putting my wife and I at ease and helping make it the best day ever. I absolutely and unquestionably recommend Dave Kurtz or any of his other staff at D&M DJ Entertainment to oversee the disc jockey duties to anyone in need of the services on their big day! Thank you again, Dave!!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Private P

Mike is an amazing DJ and he made our wedding so memorable! He paced everything well, read the room to chose the music, and had some great suggestions when we were indecisive during the planning stage. I would definitely call him if I needed another event DJed!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Jill S

I loved that we got to interview many DJ's and pick which one best fit our personalities. Mike was very outgoing and professional. He didn't try to tell us what we wanted to hear, he told us about his philosophy as a DJ and his style. The microphone decided to stop working... Read More during our toasts but Mike worked SO hard to fix it. I also REALLY loved that he took pictures and posted an album to the company Facebook page of the DJ's view of the wedding. Such a nice surprise!! The ONLY thing we weren't thrilled with was that despite our time line given, Mike relied a little too much on us during the event to do the cake cutting, garter/bouquet toss, and Hava Negila. He was GREAT as his job but could have been a more organized as emcee. Despite that I'd still recommend him!

2017-08-17T17:23:16 Response from the vendor

Dear Jill & Brent It was my pleasure and honor to be a part of yours and Brett's big day! Let me also say thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review, as we take any and all feedback as an... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Lisa C

We were so lucky to have David Kurtz as our DJ at our 8/4/17 wedding at Brookshire. He put our minds at ease regarding how the evening was going to flow, had a great selection of music, and was able to accommodate a few special song requests that we had. He was so great at... Read More reading the room and adjusting the music accordingly. Very professional, super nice guy, and he even snapped some pics of the evening! Thanks for making our night so special!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Nellie T

David was the DJ for our wedding and he did a fantastic job! He was professional, helpful, and took his job seriously. Our guests had a great time at our reception and a lot do that is thanks to David! We appreciated the ease of working with him and the website we used to... Read More request songs for our day. David did an excellent job making sure he met all our needs! He even snapped several photos of our reception which was a very nice touch as it is difficult to catch all the details when it's your big day. Thanks again, David!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Sarah M

We were so lucky to have Kurt as our DJ on our wedding day. We gave him an interesting bridal party introduction and although it was outside of his comfort zone he KILLED it and made it a highlight of our reception. He made sure that everyone was having a good time on the dance... Read More floor and saved the songs that we requested specifically for the end of the evening so that when we were done visiting tables to talk with our guests, we could dance the night away. He made planning our song choices easy and was very pleasant to work with. I loved that he also snapped some photos during our reception and captured some special moments like my dad during his welcome speech. Thank you to Kurt for helping to keep our reception running smoothly and being a part of our day.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Elizabeth D

Mark was our DJ for our ceremony and reception and he was great! We had a meeting with him prior to the wedding to set up our timeline and expectations. It really put my mind at ease with how the day was going to flow. Everyone was out on the dance floor for the entire... Read More reception.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Lauren J

D and M Dj entertainment was included with my wedding at La Navona and I could not have been more happy with the results! Mark Derenberger was the Dj and he did an amazing job prior, and day of the wedding! He responded to my requests in a timely manner, and was very... Read More professional with our meetings. He provided great insight and direction for music selection leading up the wedding. On the wedding day he knew exactly what I was thinking for the song I selected for my bridal processional, and executed everything perfectly for the ceremony and reception! He did a great job with blending the music, and keeping people on the dance floor all night long! We received many compliments about the DJ, I would recommend D and M DJ entertainment to any Bride and Groom!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Tonja P

We held our daughter's wedding/reception at La Navona and arrangements included D and M Entertainment for DJs. We had the pleasure of working with Mark Derenberger for both the ceremony and reception music. Mark was very knowledgeable and guided the bride/groom through the... Read More music selection process and handled the important task of the wedding timeline. We couldn't believe how the music flowed during the event and he kept everyone on the dance floor all night long! We received many compliments on the DJ from our guest during the event. We highly recommend D and M Entertainment!! ~ MOB

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Adina C

Mark was our DJ and he did an AWESOME job of not only playing all of the songs we wanted to hear but also announcing the key moments during the reception. Mark took photos, tried to get the guest out on the dance floor and he was an absolute pleasure to work with! From... Read More planning to the end of the wedding when he announced last call Mark was easy to work with and I would highly recommend him and D and M DJ Entertainment

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Sierra F

Dave, you absolutely ROCKED our ceremony & reception 2/11/2017. I sincerely appreciate your level of energy, engagement and willingness to go the extra mile for our big day! We are so pleased!!!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Grace S

David was the DJ for our Indo-American multi-ethnic wedding. He played great music, kept everyone engaged the entire evening and he was very communicative with us throughout the process. He met with us multiple times and coordinated getting all our songs. He has a great form... Read More that he asks people to fill out upfront and it REALLY helped the planning process. He's a great DJ to work with!!!