D&M DJ Entertainment – “Entertainment That Works!

Entertainment Professionals and Consultants – Weddings, Events and Commercial Concepts Welcome to the world of D and M DJ Entertainment! Our team consists of veteran disc jockeys & karaoke professionals that have joined forces to work under one roof and collaborate to enhance their services. We have worked in the wedding, events and bar industry since the early 80's. We have been involved with all kinds of events, from charity dance-a-thons to Sci-fi conventions. We also have worked with many famous people. Our dance floors have seen half the original cast of “Battle Star Galactica” to others too many to mention. Promotional work with local radio stations and other related programs. When it comes to the world of weddings, events & clubs we have been a part of it. Learn about what services

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Lacey L

Mike was the DJ for our wedding ceremony and reception this past weekend (4/15/17) and I wouldn't change a thing about it. He was FANTASTIC. Our ceremony flowed flawlessly and our dance floor was full the entire night. We had several comments from guests about how great the DJ... Read More was. He was fun, easy to communicate with, and worked hard to make our day perfect. We recommend him to anyone and everyone!

2017-04-21T10:27:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review about Mike! We will make sure he see's this! Also thank you for letting us dj your big day! We wish you many wonderful years together! David Kurtz CEO D and M DJ Entertainment

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Lindsey M

Dave was the absolute best my our daughter's wedding this past week-end!. He kept the evening flowing flawlessly. The music was great and I don't think there was a moment someone was not on the dance floor. Many thanks for making the evening so fun!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Corey S

Dave Kurtz did an exceptional job for my wife Emily and me on our 9/2/17 wedding. In the initial consultation he was nothing short of highly pleasant and a welcome presence. Dave made sure throughout the entire day that we were satisfied and to also notify us at what time we... Read More were scheduled to do this or that. One thing that was nerve-racking was trying to remember when the dances were and when the cake cutting was happening. Dave said that we were one of the easier couples that he worked with. Maybe that is because he did such a great job that we had no needs otherwise. It's like he fulfilled our wishes without us even knowing exactly what we wanted! I trusted that he knew what he was doing. If I remember correctly, Dave has approximately thirty years of DJ experience under his belt. I saw the proof in the pudding on my wedding day. I simply cannot thank him enough for putting my wife and I at ease and helping make it the best day ever. I absolutely and unquestionably recommend Dave Kurtz or any of his other staff at D&M DJ Entertainment to oversee the disc jockey duties to anyone in need of the services on their big day! Thank you again, Dave!!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Private P

Mike is an amazing DJ and he made our wedding so memorable! He paced everything well, read the room to chose the music, and had some great suggestions when we were indecisive during the planning stage. I would definitely call him if I needed another event DJed!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Jill B

I loved that we got to interview many DJ's and pick which one best fit our personalities. Mike was very outgoing and professional. He didn't try to tell us what we wanted to hear, he told us about his philosophy as a DJ and his style. The microphone decided to stop working... Read More during our toasts but Mike worked SO hard to fix it. I also REALLY loved that he took pictures and posted an album to the company Facebook page of the DJ's view of the wedding. Such a nice surprise!! The ONLY thing we weren't thrilled with was that despite our time line given, Mike relied a little too much on us during the event to do the cake cutting, garter/bouquet toss, and Hava Negila. He was GREAT as his job but could have been a more organized as emcee. Despite that I'd still recommend him!

2017-08-17T17:23:16 Response from the vendor

Dear Jill & Brent It was my pleasure and honor to be a part of yours and Brett's big day! Let me also say thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review, as we take any and all feedback as an... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Lisa C

We were so lucky to have David Kurtz as our DJ at our 8/4/17 wedding at Brookshire. He put our minds at ease regarding how the evening was going to flow, had a great selection of music, and was able to accommodate a few special song requests that we had. He was so great at... Read More reading the room and adjusting the music accordingly. Very professional, super nice guy, and he even snapped some pics of the evening! Thanks for making our night so special!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Nellie T

David was the DJ for our wedding and he did a fantastic job! He was professional, helpful, and took his job seriously. Our guests had a great time at our reception and a lot do that is thanks to David! We appreciated the ease of working with him and the website we used to... Read More request songs for our day. David did an excellent job making sure he met all our needs! He even snapped several photos of our reception which was a very nice touch as it is difficult to catch all the details when it's your big day. Thanks again, David!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Sarah M

We were so lucky to have Kurt as our DJ on our wedding day. We gave him an interesting bridal party introduction and although it was outside of his comfort zone he KILLED it and made it a highlight of our reception. He made sure that everyone was having a good time on the dance... Read More floor and saved the songs that we requested specifically for the end of the evening so that when we were done visiting tables to talk with our guests, we could dance the night away. He made planning our song choices easy and was very pleasant to work with. I loved that he also snapped some photos during our reception and captured some special moments like my dad during his welcome speech. Thank you to Kurt for helping to keep our reception running smoothly and being a part of our day.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Elizabeth D

Mark was our DJ for our ceremony and reception and he was great! We had a meeting with him prior to the wedding to set up our timeline and expectations. It really put my mind at ease with how the day was going to flow. Everyone was out on the dance floor for the entire... Read More reception.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Lauren J

D and M Dj entertainment was included with my wedding at La Navona and I could not have been more happy with the results! Mark Derenberger was the Dj and he did an amazing job prior, and day of the wedding! He responded to my requests in a timely manner, and was very... Read More professional with our meetings. He provided great insight and direction for music selection leading up the wedding. On the wedding day he knew exactly what I was thinking for the song I selected for my bridal processional, and executed everything perfectly for the ceremony and reception! He did a great job with blending the music, and keeping people on the dance floor all night long! We received many compliments about the DJ, I would recommend D and M DJ entertainment to any Bride and Groom!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Tonja P

We held our daughter's wedding/reception at La Navona and arrangements included D and M Entertainment for DJs. We had the pleasure of working with Mark Derenberger for both the ceremony and reception music. Mark was very knowledgeable and guided the bride/groom through the... Read More music selection process and handled the important task of the wedding timeline. We couldn't believe how the music flowed during the event and he kept everyone on the dance floor all night long! We received many compliments on the DJ from our guest during the event. We highly recommend D and M Entertainment!! ~ MOB

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Adina C

Mark was our DJ and he did an AWESOME job of not only playing all of the songs we wanted to hear but also announcing the key moments during the reception. Mark took photos, tried to get the guest out on the dance floor and he was an absolute pleasure to work with! From... Read More planning to the end of the wedding when he announced last call Mark was easy to work with and I would highly recommend him and D and M DJ Entertainment

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Sierra F

Dave, you absolutely ROCKED our ceremony & reception 2/11/2017. I sincerely appreciate your level of energy, engagement and willingness to go the extra mile for our big day! We are so pleased!!!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Grace S

David was the DJ for our Indo-American multi-ethnic wedding. He played great music, kept everyone engaged the entire evening and he was very communicative with us throughout the process. He met with us multiple times and coordinated getting all our songs. He has a great form... Read More that he asks people to fill out upfront and it REALLY helped the planning process. He's a great DJ to work with!!!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Amy L

Dave was the BEST! He really listened to us and made suggestions when we asked. He went above and beyond. When he couldn't find a really hard song to find, he called and asked me how I knew of it(we had the CD) and he asked me to send him a picture of the cover. Our son was so... Read More impressed he is ditching his idea of using his laptop at his wedding and is going to use Dave. If I ever need a DJ again, it will be D&M! Also, VERY LGBTQ friendly! Thanks again, DAve!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Megan E

I'll have to admit, my now husband and I were very picky with our music selection. We are both dancers and wanted a good portion of salsa and bachata music at our reception with the biggest goal of getting everyone to dance. That was exactly what happened! I don't think there... Read More was a single song playing where the dance floor was empty. David was great about meeting with us beforehand and making sure he had the music we wanted. Everything was perfect and smooth flowing on our wedding day from guest seating to ceremony to cocktail hour to dinner and to reception. The specific songs in between such as the cake cutting, bouquet throwing, first dance, father-bride dance, mother-groom dance, etc. was very organized with smooth transitions. He even took the time to take some photos for us on his phone and e-mailed them the next day which I personally thought was an added bonus. David Kurtz is a very experienced, friendly, and professional DJ. I highly recommend D and M DJ Entertainment!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Elisabeth S

Dave was so incredible from start to finish. He really listened to what we wanted and called a few times to check that he was doing exactly as we asked. I got plenty of compliments on the great soundtrack for the evening! Thank you Dave for making the music part of the evening... Read More smooth and lovely.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Chelsea J

Mike was wonderful from start to finish and we just can't say enough good things about him. Thanks for being a part of our special day!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Emily W

Jay was our DJ at Watersedge in Hilliard (included with the venue). He met with us two months before our wedding in October. He was very laid back at our meeting, which fit our style, and very professional at the event. He helped us every step of the way and was very attentive... Read More to our needs throughout the whole night. We were very pleased with their DJ services!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Hannah B

Book Dave without hesitation before someone else does!! He was an absolute pleasure to work with and kept our ceremony and reception running without a hitch. After our first meeting together, I had such piece of mind and confidence that the evening would run smoothly as... Read More planned and this is exactly what happened. He did such a great job of paying attention to the type of music our guests were responding to on the dance floor to keep the energy up and people having a good time from the beginning of the evening to the end. Book him, book him, book him.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Jeff C

Every last detail was absolutely perfect. Professional, easy to work with, well organized and very competitively priced. Dave has our highest recommendation!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016

Dave dj-ed my wedding on 5/7/16 and he was spectacular! All through the process, from initial consultation to the end of the event, Dave was the epitome of professional and fun. He was extremely easy to get hold of. I would highly recommend him and his team to anyone in need of... Read More a dj service.

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Donn W

Dave knows how its done! Had all the music we requested and made it easy. Dave knew which songs worked and which songs didn't. Felt like we had known him for years after a couple visits. We made the right choice with Dave!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015

The DJ with the golden voice and best tunes in town! If you want a DJ that will help communicate your event while keeping people on the dance floor then I would highly suggest: D and M DJ Entertainment.

Reviewed on 11/07/2015

Dave was very helpful with the entire process. We met several times so we were on the same page from Day 1. He only played the music that we wanted and the music that our guests requested in their invites. He was great with any announcements that we needed made during the... Read More reception. Dave is a great DJ with many years of experience. I would recommend him for any of my friends or famly.