Create the Wedding Dance of Your Dreams!

Create a beautiful and memorable wedding dance that wows your guests with dance instructor Liza's help. We teach the first dance, father/daughter and mother/son dance. We also offer professional DJ service. Dance lessons are usually held in our North Park studio, but may be held at our Kearny Mesa studio during non-peak hours, or at your home if feasible. Lessons are 45 minutes in length, but you can upgrade to 1 hour lessons for a nominal fee. We have reasonable prices and offer several different packages starting at $220. Instructor Liza is friendly, talented, patient, and flexible with student's busy schedules with convenient lesson times on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evening, Friday afternoons, and most Sundays. Build confidence on the dance floor today with Liza's help!

African, Arabic, Caribbean, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

3927 Utah St, San Diego, CA (619) 861-6260

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Yahaira C

Liza was wonderful! We wanted a choreographed fairytale dance for our wedding first dance & that's exactly what we got! She was very flexible with our schedule & our very novice dance skills. Very pleasant & patient. We loved her choreography & our guests were so impressed!

2017-12-19T19:38:22 Response from the vendor

Thanks Yahaira and David! Your wedding dance looked better than the dance scene from Beauty and the Beast that inspired it. I'm so proud of you!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 David W

I'm a 60 year old guy with 3 left feet. My daughter was getting married and I really wanted to have a memorable father daughter dance.......so........I made an appointment with Liza. Could she work a miracle???? When I met her, I immediately felt comfortable with her. We... Read More talked about how many lessons we should do, and she was terrific about fitting the lessons into my busy schedule; the wedding was coming up fast. I picked out the music, and we set off on choreagraphing the piece. She was always so reassuring, upbeat, and positive about the process. I never felt embarrassed or ill at ease. Needless to say, with just 4 or 5 lessons, I had a beautiful dance under my belt. I can't say that I wasn't a bit nervous when the big moment came, but our waltz on that very special night looked beautiful and felt great. It was a perfect gift to give my daughter, a special dance for the two of us. Thankfully, my daughter is a quick study. I was able to teach her our waltz in just a few quick sessions right before the wedding (fortunately, she inherited her mother's grace and poise on her feet.....thank goodness!). I never could have pulled this off without Liza's help. She was wonderful, encouraging.....simply amazing. If you want to learn to dance and have fun while you're learning.......she's your gal!

2017-12-19T19:40:51 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad you felt comfortable with me; I pride myself on being friendly, down to earth, and non-threatening. Way to go on the father-daughter dance!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Robyn F

Liza was amazing to work with! I didn't initially have any clue what I really wanted out of the experience, other than not to be doing the "middle school sway" for our first dance as husband and wife...And Liza was full of ideas! We ended up learning the basics of an entire... Read More Latin ballroom style, and on a pretty tight timeline, in order to learn a special dance to the song we chose! It was so fun!! My husband had a harder time picking up the dance moves because he was brand new to partner dancing altogether. Liza was very sensitive to that, and she was always encouraging and patient (even when my own patience was wearing thin!). Eventually, even he was able to get the moves down comfortably! (Guys: it's all about practice!) Liza's teaching style is very adaptable, too -- if you come for your next lesson and you've crushed everything she's given you so far, she's got millions of ideas on where to go next. Or if you come in and you're still struggling with a spot in your dance, she knows how to really break it down until each person could do it in their sleep. I know that, technically, dance lessons are on the "optional" list for wedding planning. But really, they shouldn't be. The time we spent learning something new together was so memorable, and it really relieved some of the wedding stress! Liza made sure we had fun, and that we were relaxed and comfortable with our tailor-made dance. Because of that, our first dance was joyful, effortless, and so very special. Thank you, Liza!

2017-12-19T19:46:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you Robyn! I was so impressed by your dedication with the Rumba we created. Also, it's always a pleasure working with old zoo coworkers!

Reviewed on 2/17/2018 Leigha C

Liza is amazing - we told her what we were looking for to help us make our first dance fun and memorable and she delivered 110%! Even though our dance skills were VERY basic she walked us through and helped us improve immensely over 10 lessons. She listened to our music and... Read More helped us create the perfect choreography to Chris Cornell's "Finally Forever". Her love of dance is evident and she wants her couples to learn and have fun. She is genuine, caring and incredibly patient! Most importantly the dance was a huge hit - all our guests commented on how amazing it was! We would highly recommend Liza for not just wedding dance lessons but any dance lessons. Looking forward to improving our skills with other classes!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Ania J

I'm not very coordinated and my husband isn't a dancer, and to his reluctance we signed up for dance lessons about 6 weeks before our wedding. Liza worked with us around our schedules and taught/danced both the male and female parts with us for our first dance (Ladies, let your... Read More man lead you ;) it took me weeks to let go and have him and Liza lead when we practiced). We were at the studio a couple times a week, and at home we had videos of Tony and Liza, and me and Liza dancing, for reference we took at our lessons. Our first dance song was God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton, perfectly coordinated, and was pretty amazing with only missing one step when my dress got in the way :) 3 months later, we still do our dance when the songs comes on! We definitely recommend Liza for your wedding dance coordinator, and other dancing lessons! (She's also a DJ!)

2017-12-19T19:41:56 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Ania and Tony! I truly enjoyed working with you and attending your wedding! Everybody loved the dance!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Billy K

I've taken several lessons from Liza and I was excited for her to help my wife and I come up with our first dance. Liza was amazing! Within a few minutes of hearing our first dance song she had developed a great dance. She taught both sides of the dance to each of us really well... Read More and she was wonderful about listening to our desires for the dance and helping us to make modifications so it was our perfect dance. We couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Andrea S

We just finished up our totally choreographed first dance with Liza. She was so great to work with! She was very patient and made sure we were happy with each new section as we moved forward. She even reviewed a bunch of videos I had sent wit inspiration on moves I liked! She... Read More was professional, easy to work With, and fun! I would def recommend for any couples wanting to make their first dance fabulous'

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Wei C

My husband and I have no experience of any dance. But Liza help us to make our first dance amazing. Liza is awesome. Her class is easy to follow and she is very creative. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Emily S

Liza is SO amazing! She was very creative and patient when creating our dance. We absolutely love how she captured the romantic and loving feel we wanted! Thank you so much Liza!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Nichole M

Liza was so amazing to work with! She made us feel very comfortable! She drove out to east county to work with us. She choreographed both the father& daughter and the first dance! Both were unique, but still easy enough for us to manage!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Matthew S

Liza designed a dance for us that made us look like pros in just three lessons. She is both a very gifted choreographer and teacher. I definitely suggest her for help with your wedding dance.

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Katie G

Liza is awesome! I would give her ten stars if I could. My fiance got me swing dancing lessons for my birthday with Liza as I was a total beginner. We enjoyed them so much we met again closer to our wedding to choreograph our whole dance. Not only do we love our dance, we had a... Read More great time getting to know Liza. She is so friendly, knows how to break things down for all types of learners, and makes you feel super comfortable. I normally hate dancing, but we had a blast working with her!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Rachel S

Liza is amazing! She helped my now husband and I learn how to dance simply and elegantly with each other for our wedding dance song. In just a few short lessons we learned SO much from her and when we got to the dance door everything just felt so natural thanks to her! I'd... Read More recommend her to anyone looking to improve their skills or learn the basics like we did!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Amanda W

I highly recommend Liza! My fiancé and I decided about 6 weeks before our wedding that we would like to take a few dance lessons so we would be comfortable with our first dance. Liza was SO flexible with our busy schedules and she was just the best teacher! Liza is patient, a... Read More great instructor, creative, and FUN. She not only had us feeling confident dancing together, but came up with some great moves and a dance routine that we felt great about. I highly recommend Liza, so glad we found her!

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Francesca B

Our first dance was the most memorable moment of the wedding--for us and, I think I can safely say, for our guests too--and we have Liza to thank. My husband and I had only been to a couple weddings, but we agreed very early on in planning that we didn’t want a traditional, 3... Read More minute long slow sway. I had found “You’re All I Need to Get By,” which we thought was perfect for us. The only problem was that my husband, well, he wasn’t much of a dancer. But getting lessons and choreographing the dance was his idea. Enter Liza. She is an incredible teacher--patient, clear, encouraging. I came in with some ideas and she was enthusiastic about helping us choreograph something fun, kind of goofy, and truly us. It also doesn't hurt that she is truly a joy to be around. We can't recommend her enough!!!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Ellen W

My daughter found Liza to help her and her fiancé with a first dance. She was so pleased that she had my husband and me drive 1 1/2 hours to have a lesson for a father daughter dance. She was great. In limited time, she had my husband and daughter dancing together. She had me... Read More watch and video them dancing so that I could help my husband practice . She had a great way of dealing with my husband who is new to dance and was insecure about his ability to learn. She was able to use the music my daughter wanted and created a dance that they both felt good about. As a teacher myself, I highly recommend her. She is able to read her clients and deliver what they want in a lovely kind manner. She's one of a kind!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Kerry A

Liza is the best! She's so sweet to work with! My (now) husband and I have no prior dance experience and we really wanted to do a swing dance for our 1st dance at our wedding. Liza worked with us to choreograph a swing dance that met our "beginner" needs, but which still looked... Read More really good. Everyone at our wedding loved the dance and it set the fun mood for the night! Liza is great because she was always honest with us about what moves we could add to our dance according to our skill level and I always appreciated her honesty so that we didn't end up making a fool of ourselves when we did our dance. I highly recommend taking lessons with Liza and my husband I plan on continuing to work with her in order to hopefully learn other dances as well :)

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Min Young G

We had Liza for our wedding dance instructor and she is super talented and absolutely amazing ! She intuitively knows hence creates the best choreography for you that not only looks great but also suits who you are. Both my husband and I are not dancers, but we certainly... Read More looked like one by the end of our classes. Liza is very flexible with scheduling too which helped us a lot. We highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Ariana H

I highly recommend Dance with Liza for anyone wanting to prepare a special first dance for their wedding. We worked on our dance for six months and also had time to learn a few other types of dances such as four count swing and six count swing. The song we chose for our wedding... Read More is February Seven by the Avett Brothers (it is a pretty folky indie type of song). Liza had us learn country two step to go along with the song and it was perfect! We also had so much fun utilizing the two count swing on our honeymoon! Liza is such a patient, kind and understanding teacher who helped with us both feel very comfortable learning a new dance. She would also listen to our input and make changes when necessary. For anyone contemplating whether or not to take dance lessons before their big day, I will say this…In all of the stress that comes with planning a wedding, Dance was the one hour every week where my husband and I got to forget about everything else and get lost in each other. We had so much fun dancing and laughing with Liza - It truly was the best experience. Thank you Liza! Every time we hear the new Justin Timberlake song we will think of you : ).

Reviewed on 1/12/2016

Liza was fabulous to work with on our first dance... We were both dancing novices and had a limited time frame to work in, but in spite of these limitations, Liza was always enthusiastic, flexible and full of ideas on how to make our dance unique and enjoyable throughout. I... Read More highly recommend her as a dance instructor. Thank you, Liza!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

I am SO GLAD we found Liza. My fiancé was nervous about doing dance lessons at all, but she is so good at listening to what you want out of the experience and tailoring both the dance itself, but also her teaching, to you that he was totally comfortable and even had fun. I... Read More really appreciated that while she was super nice and funny, she was efficient and didn't waste our time. And she helped us create a dance that didn't feel choreographed or over the top but was still interesting and fun both to dance and to watch. I have never written a review on anyone before, this is my first, but she is so good I had to do it. I recommend her to anyone without reservations. You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Tracy B

My groom and I found Liza on yelp, and we were in a pinch because we'd left dance lessons until the last minute. She was flexible and found time that worked for our schedule, she even came to our house on the first lesson (but we preferred the studio, more space!). We both... Read More really liked how Liza was sweet but stern. She told us what we needed to make corrections and gave us useful feedback throughout the whole process. She worked with our taste and choreographed a personal dance for our song. If you want awesome individual attention she's your girl. After such a great experience with her we can't wait to come back and dance for fun. The first dance went flawlessly and our guests were surprised by our skills. We have literally never danced together, not once! I could not recommend here more! Tracy & Paul

Reviewed on 5/22/2015

Liza was great to work with. We had a unique song selection for our first dance, the theme song to Jurassic Park, and she was totally up for the challenge. Neither of us had ballroom dance experience so she started with basic steps. She worked with us as a team to modify the... Read More choreography as needed to fit our abilities. We were able to do the package with 8 lessons and it was so worth the effort. Liza came to our home each week and it became a “date-night” type, dance lesson evening. It was a refreshing break from stressful wedding planning for both of us. Liza also incorporated mini-sessions with our parents. It gave our father-daughter and mother-son dances a bit of style and all of us were more comfortable and relaxed on the dance floor the evening of the wedding. Our guests were very impressed with our first dance and we were so excited and proud to perform it for them. I would highly recommend Liza to anyone who wants a memorable first dance or one that isn’t plain and boring!

Liza Marians

Liza loves working with engaged couples because they are in a bubble of bliss and their happiness is contagious! With her warm, friendly, non-threatening nature, Liza excels at helping brides and grooms with two left feet feel more comfortable and confident on the dance floor. Liza was professionally trained at Mac Vitties Dance Studio where she taught Ballroom, Swing, Country, Latin, and Social dancing. She has been choreographing and teaching beautiful wedding dances in San Diego for 16 years. She was also a DJ for Black Tie DJ Service and offers professional DJ service.