16 years of experience, great rates & great value

Our sole goal is to make your wedding day exactly the way you’ve always envisioned it. Classic, fun, beautiful, elegant … you name it! We'll work with you and your fiancé to create your perfect day. We offer extras such as ceremony sound, photo booths, monograms, uplights, slideshows, and cake pinspots.

$ – Inexpensive

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment

San Diego, Temecula, and Orange County Areas (619) 980-8338

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Natal M

Will was phenomenal! My husband and I were so excited to have Dancing DJ Productions DJ our wedding because we saw how many great reviews they had. They definitely went above and beyond all of our expectations. I cannot say enough good things about them. Will was a great and... Read More quick communicator (which is very important to me), and he was very accommodating to everything we needed. Also.... if you want a photo booth, I would definitely go with this one also. We are so happy with it! If you are looking to book a DJ, this is definitely your best bet. I highly recommend them for any and every event. Thank you, Will!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Desiree O

Mitch was AMAZING! I had a specific vision for music (late 90s, early 2000s -- take me back to high school style -- with more current hip hop/pop music mixed in), and Mitch hit it spot on! I was truly impressed. He played the songs on our playlist and intermixed other songs... Read More that were of the same genre. I was told by multiple guests on the dance floor that our DJ was awesome. Everyone stayed on the dance floor all night!!! Mitch worked effortlessly with my coordinator to flow smoothly through all of the events throughout the day, and was a great MC for transitions between events. The company also had an easy-to-use online playlist that we added songs to throughout the year. Everything about the service was phenomenal. I would highly recommend going through these guys!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Steve F

Will (owner) and Mitch (our DJ) were fantastic! Planning was seamless and easy and they couldn't have been more professional. Their online planning tools made building our playlists and event timeline easy. Mitch worked in all of the music we wanted and was an excellent MC... Read More during our reception. He was attentive, friendly, and worked very well as part of our team of vendors. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Will, Mitch, and the rest of the Dancing DJ team to anyone who needs a DJ for their wedding.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Steve F

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Chelsea K

Will was amazing!!!! He kept things organized and as close to the timeline as possible. When it came to music, Will was incredible at reading the crowd and responded without hesitation to our guests' requests. He was able to adapt and flow with the guest's responses to his song... Read More choices! Couldn't imagine a better DJ for our wedding! Please, please consider him! He is well worth every penny <3

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Charles D

Will was PERFECT for our wedding! He was excellent in keeping in contact with us and answering any questions we had. Planning a wedding is stressful enough but with Will, he made the process for music and dancing SO easy. Guests are still complimenting him and how much they... Read More LOVED him and the way he interacted and kept the flow going. Thank you so much, Will!

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Jillian M

Will was so helpful and his website makes this process so easy! He did a wonderful job with both our ceremony music and reception music. We can't recommend him enough!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Spring J

Love, love, love Mike Thomas with Dancing Dj Productions. He was the DJ for our wedding on 07/29/2017, and from right from the start he was so friendly and helpful, and consistently willing to go above and beyond to make sure we had a great reception. In addition, Will and Mike... Read More were so nice to work with and found ways to help me out when I wanted to add an extra service or even find other vendors. Our guests loved the reception and Mike had them out on the dance floor all night - just an all around great and fun person. If you need a DJ, hire Mike, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Jennifer D

Will was exactly what we were looking for for our wedding at Green Gables in San Marcos this summer. He was prompt to respond to our requests, very professional, and operated without a hitch on our wedding day. He was very easy to work with - we had a very specific set of music... Read More choices that we wanted for the wedding reception, and he took that music and sequenced it perfectly for the dance floor, the night absolutely flew by. I would highly recommend Will as the DJ for your wedding - really great service for a really great value.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Brandon J

Will DJ'd our wedding and did an amazing job! We had the dance floor packed all night, he was able to accommodate last minute changes and custom songs for our first dances. He also helped us plan the wedding as he was familiar with the venue and had great recommendations. On top... Read More of all that we heard that the event staff loved him and our wedding planner gave him rave reviews, we highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Kristina C

DJ Will was amazing and easy to work with from the start. His online planning suite and music library makes figuring out your playlist (and do not play list) fun and easy, and it ensures you are both on the same page. One thing I loved about DJ Will was his willingness to adapt... Read More to what you want, everything from style of music to his level of involvement. He did a great job with our ceremony music, cocktail hour, and then kept the energy going the entire night for our reception. I would highly recommend him to any bride in the San Diego area. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Kimberly H

DJ Will and his staff not only know how to keep a crowd happy they are extremely professional. With our venue having both an indoor and outdoor area, I knew our families and friends would be torn between enjoying the evening views or kicking up their heels on the dance floor. DJ... Read More Will kept both crowds happy, dancing and singing along no matter where they were in the venue. His planning process is easy and fun. He worked well with our families requests. Our reception schedule, of course, did not go exactly as planned but that didn't bother him, he worked with my planner and helped to keep our reception running smoothly. We also selected the photo booth option and it was fantastic. We didn't want our names on the photo slip so he customized our saying to read "Enjoy The Journey". DJ Will and his staff were a pleasure to work with. I have recommended him to my niece and friend who are both getting married next year and is booking Dancing DJ Productions. Best wishes!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Coulson L

If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding in San Diego, look no further! Tom recently DJ'd our wedding and did a fantastic job. A+ on the preparation side of things; the online platform for playlist editing and wedding timeline was so easy to use. Tom did a great job... Read More sticking to the script but also was a total pro when audibles needed to be called mid-wedding. The bottom line, at the end of the night our guests told us it was the best dancing wedding they had ever been to. Tom did a fantastic job playing all the songs we wanted but in the order that really kept the dance party going. Thanks for the great work Tom and Dancing DJ Productions! These guys are so affordable and professional, book them if you want your wedding to be a hit!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Sara L

DJ Tom was everything we could have asked for! He was extremely easy to work with leading up to our wedding. He chose great music that fit our taste and kept the party going all night. I would recommend Tom for any wedding or any other event.

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Joyce H

DJ Will was amazing at our wedding a few weeks ago! We had guests tell us we got a good DJ. Mix of throwback 80s thru today's top 100 was perfect for all of our families and friends. The music request system really helped us plan the timeline and had so many songs - we found... Read More pretty much everything. We also had the uplights and photo booth (lots of props and an attendant; photo booth could fit 20 or so if you squeezed). Lastly we had some last minute add-ons for ceremony equipment and monogram lighting. Will was very accommodating. We could not be happier with Will and his team.

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Katherine N

DJ Will kept nearly all my guests on the dance floor the entire night! Everyone, from kids to grandparents, and everyone in between had a blast dancing. His 5-star ratings are well deserved.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Chad E

Will was awesome! He has an incredible website that allows you pick exactly what music you want and how you want the evening to go. However, even better than that is his ability to read the room and keep the party going. We had all sorts of music selections ready to go, but... Read More ended up telling Will to just do what he thought would work best and we were not disappointed. So many guests commented on how great our music/dj was.

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Lauren W

We worked with DJ Will for our recent wedding. He was professional, punctual and good with our crowd. We had a morning ceremony and an afternoon reception. He kept our mellow crowd entertained and dancing until the end. He emceed us through the events of the day and kept us on... Read More schedule. We knew we didn't have to keep track of anything and we could enjoy our day. The online planning tool was very user friendly and really helped us get a grasp of how we wanted things. We booked our photobooth through Dancing DJ Productions also and it was a huge hit! We love looking back through the guestbook at the pictures of everyone haveing a blast. 5 stars is standard for a wedding vendor, if we could give them above standard we would!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Amy G

Tom was FANTASTIC!!!! We truly could not have asked for a better DJ! He was professional, AMAZING to work with, and literally ALL of our wedding guests were partying out on the dance floor! I had several guests tell me that it was the most fun wedding they've ever been to and... Read More multiple friends commented on how excellent a DJ Tom was! He created a custom mash-up for my dad and I for our Father-Daughter dance and it was FLAWLESS and a huge hit!! Tom was great every step of the way, helping us to create the vision for our wedding in phone calls and emails before the wedding and then really making the party come alive at our reception! I cannot recommend him higher to all brides out there! We are so thankful we went with Dancing DJ and can't imagine having anyone else!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Nick T

DJ Tom was the best! Everyone kept coming up to us during and after the event to say how much they loved him. He was great at keeping the timeline and letting all the guests know what was happening in between the great music! Their online portal is easy to use and he was awesome... Read More to email and talk on the phone with for any questions we had from the day we first contacted them for a quote. I would recommend these guys to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Andy R

Our DJ was Mitch. He was AMAZING!! He truly was a great part of our wedding and he helped make our wedding perfect! When we met him for the first time, he assured us of the type of professional services that DJ Productions provides. He made us feel at ease and felt like we've... Read More known each other forever. He would give us helpful suggestions, explain how their DJ system works, and made sure that our wedding was going to be a great time. Mitch went above and beyond and met us for a second time when we were 2 weeks out to our wedding. He truly didn't have to do that,but at our request, he made sure that he met us to talk final details. A week out to our wedding, we had a conference call in which Mitch finalized the details of our music requests, the wedding timeline, and added any last minute changes we had. During the wedding, Mitch was very engaged with the audience. He would feel the type of energy the crowd was feeling and made sure everyone was having fun. Mitch worked with me on a personal request as well. I didn't realize that the father daughter dance that I had chosen was close to 5 minutes long! He and I worked out that once my father and I were ready, I would just signal him to fade out the song. He stopped it in the perfect spot! It made it look like it was intentional! It was a beautiful moment and I'm glad Mitch was a part of it. When our wedding came towards an end, Mitch made sure that he kept our friends and family on the dance floor by gauging the type of energy that was out there. He played upbeat and appropriate songs. My husband and I love the fact that Mitch was our DJ. We are so very grateful with his professionalism and his contribution to making our wedding as perfect as it was!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Megan E

Planning a wedding is completely overwhelming and I cannot say enough good things about Dj Mike Officer and Will Chitwood with Dancing DJ Productions. From the initial email contact from Will, in which he was honest, informative, upfront and genuine, to meeting with Mike in... Read More person it has been a total delight to deal with them. Mike totally GOT our vision and we ended up trading playlists via spotify to build our perfect day. We also used the Dancing Dj Productions planning site to get our timeline together and it was so easy to use and got us thinking about all the things we would have forgotten about. We had an outside ceremony and Mike was able to provide music for the ceremony and mics for the officiant and then seamlessly moved the party inside for the reception. We also used some of their uplighting which I thoroughly recommend. Mike was also super flexible the day of, as we threw in a few things we hadn't planned for and even went to each table for requests. How Cool! All in all, they were a delight to work with, totally affordable and absolutely professional. DJ MIKE OFFICER ROCKS!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Evi L

DJ Will is amazing! He listened to all our wishes and really knows how to read a crowd. I thought it was going to be challenging since we had so many people from different countries. However, Will really made the mood perfect and all of our guests loved him. Thank you so much... Read More Will for being part of our special day!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Adam S

Thank you so much for your time! Wedding planning is a stressful affair. One thing my wife and I never had to worry about was our DJ, Will. Every bride-to-be knows a reliable, dependable vendor is worth their weight in gold. Look no further than Dancing DJ Productions. Will... Read More was professional and courteous. He brought us into his office for an initial meeting, went over the details with us, provided us with a reasonable and competitive quote, and even held our wedding date for a couple of days while we surveyed our options. When we decided to book him, he was detailed in letting us know our roles and responsibilities, as well as what we could expect from him moving forward. The day-of went off without a hitch. Will kept our guests involved and made sure they were attentive of every event (e.g., cake cutting, first dance, etc.). He smoothly and gracefully circumvented a mishap with the toasts (one of the guests didn't know he was supposed to be speaking), no one even noticed! He also reminded guests a few times to get their pictures taken in our photobooth and sign our guestbook. We are so grateful to Will and all the work he put into making our wedding day special, unique, and most importantly, running smoothly. I highly recommend him for any event, especially large weddings (We had 150+ people and they ALL loved him).

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Lauren C

I would absolutely recommend Will with Dancing DJ productions!! Our wedding ran so smoothly, and I loved all of his song choices (for pre-ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing), and I didn't have to worry about anything. He really listened to how we wanted our event to... Read More feel and he totally delivered! Hire Will and you'll get a quality DJ for an affordable price!

Will Chitwood

It all started in 2001 when I decided to start my own company, Dancing DJ Productions. In 2007 I decided to move to San Diego. I just couldn't resist the Southern California weather, which provided year round DJing opportunities. Over the past 16 years of DJing & MCing, I've performed at every type of event. While I primarily serve the San Diego area, I've DJ'd as far away as Chicago and England. My favorite part of DJing is bringing people joy! I just love seeing a packed dance floor and helping people have the time of their lives!