17 years of experience, great rates & great value

Our sole goal is to make your wedding day exactly the way you’ve always envisioned it. Classic, fun, beautiful, elegant … you name it! We'll work with you and your fiancé to create your perfect day. We offer extras such as ceremony sound, photo booths, monograms, uplights, slideshows, karaoke, and cake pinspots.

$ – Inexpensive

8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

San Diego, Temecula, and Orange County Areas (619) 980-8338

Reviewed on 4/19/2018 Perla R

I just want to say that it was an honor to have DJ Mitch Rodin dj our ceremony and reception ! We couldn't be anymore happier with him and Dancing Dj Productions. From the first video call we had with him we knew he was going to be perfect, during the reception he kept the beat... Read More going and all my guests loved him ( my mother in law said he will be her go to dj for any other event she might have in the future ). Thank you DJ Mitch and also Dj Will for making our wedding a success.

Reviewed on 4/17/2018 C Y

We were very happy and impressed with Dancing DJ Productions. Both DJ Will and Dylan were easy to communicate and work with. Dylan was our DJ for the wedding. From the initial encounter and throughout wedding planning, he was timely and prompt with replies for emails and phone... Read More calls. He was also personable and easy to talk to. Dylan was able to find all of the songs that we requested and maintained a great atmosphere and mood with the music from the ceremony through dinner and dancing. Dylan also did a wonderful job as the emcee with introductions and announcements. DJ Dylan and everyone at Dancing DJ Productions were a pleasure to work with and we would definitely utilize them for other events in the future.

Reviewed on 4/13/2018 Danielle s

Thank you Dancing DJ Productions!! Will was so great throughout the entire process from booking to checking in. I was never concerned about the DJ part of the wedding because I knew they had everything under control! Tom was our DJ and was amazing on the day of! Highly... Read More recommended!! Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 4/11/2018 Amanda L

DJ will chitwood was amazing. He was my DJ for my wedding. Not only did he show up dressed correctly and on time, but had an amazing attitude and his music selection was on point. If I have any more occasions that need music, I will definitely be calling him. If you're... Read Moreauyfcbefvrafaxtfuutwwtrufxwrzdburayxxw considering him for your special event, my advice is go for it. It's well worth it.

Reviewed on 4/08/2018 Alex O

We used Dancing DJ Productions for our March wedding, and had Mitch Rodin as our DJ. When we initially selected our DJ, we didn't have very many expectations. We just wanted someone who would play great music without being overly cheesy or overbearing. In addition to doing just... Read More that, Mitch actually impressed us by going above and beyond! He was quietly *so* helpful and really helped guide the events of the day along. My husband and I both were grateful for his work...we didn't expect to get so much value from our DJ! We used Dancing DJ's online website to submit many song selections, but we left it up to Mitch to read the crowd's mood and use his best judgement. He did a fantastic job and ended our reception on a very fun note. Everyone was dancing and having the best time! He was also able to mix in some of our personal choices (like our surf rock cocktail hour) with crowd favorites on the dance floor. Mitch also helped organize the hora, giving a bit of direction for our non-Jewish friends and family. Mitch also did the music and mics for our wedding ceremony. He was absolutely perfect with the transitions between songs. Everything was *so* smooth and it was impossible to detect any break between songs. It definitely kept the mood! I would definitely recommend Dancing DJ Productions, and especially Mitch! He made our day so much easier, and definitely more fun!

Reviewed on 4/06/2018 Danielle C

Will was absolutely amazing!! We just got married on March 24th, but we have been planning our wedding since last winter. Will was very responsive with every inquiry and quickly got back to us with any of our questions or concerns. The website feature was fantastic!! You can... Read More request every song you could ever think of and it was very user friendly! On the actual wedding day, Will was such a help in coordinating the time line! You can definitely tell that he has been in the wedding business for quite some time, we were blown away. And of course the music was amazing!! Will definitely went above and beyond our expectations, we wouldn't be more thankful!

Reviewed on 4/05/2018 Christine S

DJ Will was our DJ at our wedding and he exceptional! We had a seamless experience and he even took time before our grand entrance to get all of the Persian names right. We requested Persian music and he had a fantastic play list. It was the only time I have ever seen both of... Read More our families on the dance floor at the same time. That's how great DJ Will is. Thank you again to the team for such an amazing wedding experience!

Reviewed on 3/27/2018 Allison P

We are so happy we chose Dancing DJ Productions for our wedding ceremony and reception. DJ Mark was awesome! He played everything at the right time. He listened to our requests and executed them without trouble. I didn't have to worry about anything. He also came dressed... Read More very professionally. My husband and I and our guest had a great time thanks to DJ Mark. Thank you Mark!

Reviewed on 3/21/2018 Morgan P

Working with Dancing DJ Productions for our wedding reception was a pleasure. Will was super responsive and accommodating during the planning process. We had DJ Mitch for our event and he was awesome! We chatted beforehand about what we wanted and he hit every mark. We had a... Read More small wedding (58 people) but he kept the dance floor rocking for a full 3.5 hours! Highly recommend this company and would work with them again.

Reviewed on 3/20/2018 Sam C

We had such a great experience with Dancing DJ. We used them for our DJ and photobooth. They were prompt, professional, and kept the party going the whole night even through many drunken shenanigans. We ended up running a little early and Will was great at adapting to whatever... Read More was going on at the time. He worked hand in hand with our day of coordinator to create the wedding of our dreams. The photobooth was a huge hit and we loved the pictures we got out of it - what a great way to replace a sign in book. Overall I’d recommend Dancing DJ for any wedding or event you may have. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 Aaron E

From the first moment we met with Mitch it was very evident that his professionalism and efficiency more than exceeded our expectations. His presentation was flawless and done in just 10 or 15 mins. The communication before the wedding was great and he accommodated our phone... Read More consultations very well. On the day of Mitch was there very early, everything was done very smoothly. He checked in with us to make sure every was going great on a couple occasions, this definitely proved the day was about us. Our venue was unique and just knowing he had done a couple events just made us extremely comfortable. Mitch was absolutely incredible and we got numerous compliments about how great he was.

Reviewed on 3/05/2018 Breanne B

We hired DJ Will to DJ our ceremony and reception. I attended a wedding he did two years ago and after that I knew I wanted him to DJ our wedding. From the time we had our consultation to the time of our event, he was timely with questions and very organized. This really... Read More helped take the stress off of a soon-to-be bride! He is an expert at what he does, his transitions were amazing and the entire event flowed perfectly. He is engaging on the dance floor and can read a crowd beautifully. People are still talking about our wedding and how much fun it was, and for that we thank DJ Will!

Reviewed on 3/01/2018 Krystal B

Will kept the party going at my reception! He was great to work with, was very affordable, and his online planning center is awesome! I wasn’t planning on having a DJ originally, but I’m so glad I did because it took so much pressure off of us and let us just enjoy the day... Read More without worrying about who would keep things flowing smoothly. My only complaint is that the ceremony songs didn’t go exactly as planned, but I think if we had talked in more detail about how many people were walking down and when, it would’ve gone perfectly. Even so, he rolled with the punches and no one noticed anything was amiss.

Reviewed on 2/23/2018 Isabella G

Will was the dj at my wedding and he was absolutely great from start to finish! Not only he played great music and was an excellent MC, but also he was very responsive throughout the whole process of planning the big day. Trust the recommendation and all the 5 star reviews that... Read More you see here. He’s got them for a reason! Huge thanks to you, Will, for making us party all night!

Reviewed on 2/16/2018 Ben C

DJ Will was our wedding DJ at Ethereal Open Air Resort on February 9, 2018. He was incredible. Highly recommend. Will was extremely attentive and thorough from the time we met him (5 months earlier), until the music stopped at the end of the wedding reception. He has an very... Read More user friendly software program that allows you pick and manage all of the music you wish to be played. When it came to the day of our wedding, everything was perfect. He was able to accommodate all our songs, plus did a great job of reading the crowd to keep the party going. His pricing is very reasonable for his excellent service!

Reviewed on 2/09/2018 Carissa L

DJ Will was fantastic to work with! His website was very straight forward, his prices were very reasonable and he gave us good input on our venue needing extra lighting for pictures. He was a great MC and kept the music at the perfect volume for our crowd - great for dancing but... Read More you can still hear the person next to you. Great music choices to supplement our requests too.

Reviewed on 2/08/2018 Nicole H

Recently got married and we have nothing but good things to say about Will and Dancing DJ Productions. Will is organized, professional, and very easy to work with. Will is very accommodating to whatever music preferences you may have. Execution was absolutely flawless and our... Read More guests had a fantastic time! In addition, we used Will's photo booth, which was a hit for all our guest - young and old. The photo booth adds another dimension to the event and provides many great memories. Not only do your guests get to take home the pictures, but you also get a complete booklet of every picture that was taken (includes a usb stick with the images too)! Bottom line: Dancing DJ Productions is highly recommended!!!

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Ashley R

Will was great to work with. He took the time to make sure he knew what kind of wedding we were trying to have and then took it from there. His song selection was great, karaoke equipment, and photo booth really help to enhance the feel of our wedding. Professional and... Read More courteous, I’d happily recommend Will and Dancing DJ productions to other friends weddings or special events.

Reviewed on 1/31/2018 Jasmine H

DJ Will is the best! I knew he was the DJ I wanted when we went to a Bridal Bazaar 2 years before our wedding! He was so nice and approachable and he exceeded our expectations on our big day! Everyone had so much fun dancing he really kept the party going. Thanks again Will!!

Reviewed on 1/30/2018 Jeanisa M

From the booking to the wedding, Will was professional, listened to our ideas and we had the best wedding day ever. Music and lighting were the best! Look no further, DJ Will is amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2018 Dana D

Will Dj'd our wedding and did an amazing job! The Dancing Dj website made it easy to add music and prioritize songs. He took requests on the day of and dealt with a drunk friend of ours like a pro!

Reviewed on 1/24/2018 Nick H

Mitch was the emcee and DJ for our wedding in Jan 2018 and he was fantastic. - He met with us in person prior to the wedding to go through our many questions. He was on-time, professional, knowledgeable, and did a lot to set our minds at ease. We walked out of that meeting... Read More feeling much better about all of the details and confident that Mitch would take care of everything. - He was responsive to our emails and last-minute changes to various songs and day-of schedule. - The online portal was a really helpful resource to put in our song requests and organize them in terms of importance to us ('must play' vs. 'play if possible', etc). - There were absolutely no issues on the day of. Mitch was on time, had his equipment set up for both the ceremony and reception, and the sound (music and microphone) was crystal clear during the ceremony. As with most things during a wedding, no news is good news, and we had no news from Mitch throughout the night so we never had to worry about anything on his side. Such a relief to have people who know what they're doing! - Finally -- and perhaps most importantly -- Mitch *killed it* when he was DJ'ing during the reception. My biggest worry was that we would have one of those DJ's that just plays one song after another with no mixing or beat-matching. Mitch was as far from that as possible. He mixed almost every song together (with some really unique combinations that I still remember now) and just kept the party going. I think my Dad (who I didn't expect to dance at all, but did) said it best when we talked about it the next day -- "He just did not let up. One song after another." Mitch played awesome music and kept the party going for several hours. He made it a blast.

Reviewed on 1/24/2018 Michael C

DJ Tom was excellent for my wedding on 1/6/18. It was very easy to setup songs and do the planning on their online website tool. We did 1 Facetime chat a week before the wedding to go over the details and they did the rest. Great party on the day of and DJ Tom took care of all... Read More the details.

Reviewed on 1/21/2018 Shari W

Our DJ and the owner were phenomenal in meeting all of our needs. We had a couple of conversations and emails in tweaking some of our ideas and the party turned out awesome! Thank you! Kim and Shari

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Gia R

We hired Dancing DJ Productions for our November 2017 wedding and they were such a pleasure to work with. The owner Will was always quick to respond to emails. Their online portal makes planning your wedding music so easy. Our DJ for the night was DJ Mike Officer and he was... Read More amazing! Not only did he do a great job as a DJ, but he also performed with his acoustic guitar during our happy hour. The dance floor was never empty and we got multiple compliments from our guests about how fun they had at our wedding!

Will Chitwood

It all started in 2001 when I decided to start my own company, Dancing DJ Productions. In 2007 I decided to move to San Diego. I just couldn't resist the Southern California weather, which provided year round DJing opportunities. Over the past 17 years of DJing & MCing, I've performed at every type of event. While I primarily serve the San Diego area, I've DJ'd as far away as Chicago and England. My favorite part of DJing is bringing people joy! I just love seeing a packed dance floor and helping people have the time of their lives!