Boston Based Funk, Soul, and R&B Band

East Coast Soul is an elite, award winning funk, soul, and R&B ensemble based in Boston, Massachusetts. We are more than a band. We are a collective of Boston, New York, and New England's finest musicians focused on bringing an unparalleled level of energy and style to your event. A collection of Berklee professors, alumni, and other elite performers, we have curated a timeless repertoire through years of performance experience and proudly present it with our own unique, soulful style and energy.

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

Surreal Experience

Reviewed on 7/14/2015

My fiance was not sure about the idea of getting a band for our wedding. She was content with a DJ and I really had to sell her on the idea that a band was the way to go. It was, her words not mine, "the best decision I have ever persuaded her to buy into". When I was trying... Read More to find the best band that fit our budget (as young, recent college graduates), East Coast Soul rose above the rest. The band was responsive to emails (typically the same-day I would send one), upfront about what they could provide, and open to negotiation once we discussed our wedding budget. They were the most comfortable, down-to-earth band that I dealt with during the "recruiting process". The weeks leading up to the wedding, East Coast Soul worked with myself and my fiance to provide us with a customized wedding experience fit for our venue and our crowd. We filled out a survey to give the band a general idea of what we were looking for during the wedding, and the band connected with us and the venue shortly after filling out the survey to iron-out specific details on the night. Given the fact that I had been to one previous wedding and my fiance had never been to one, we were desperate for assistance. East Coast Soul talked us through what the day of the wedding would look like, and were comfortable to make suggestions and recommendations (about both the day and the music selection) that would help prepare us for what was to come. By the time we arrived at Bittersweet Farm for the wedding, the band was already there setting up for the event. The wide variety of music played (from classics to contemporary) was phenomenal for the diverse crowd. The music was AWESOME. I cannot tell you the number of people who came up to me during the night, and days after the event talking to me about how "this was the best wedding band they have ever heard". The crowd was ALIVE and even people who had to go home because of work the next day stayed until the very end. Everyone from younger relatives to our friends in their 20's to parents and grandparents were on the dance floor until the very end! Our wedding was truly something special, and I cannot think of any other band that would have fit our wedding better than East Coast Soul. It was truly everything that we could have asked for...and then some.

The perfect choice

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Malu T

We could not be happier with the band we selected for our wedding in Maine. As an Atlanta-based couple, it was challenging to research vendors for our destination wedding from home, but after scouring the internet for a band that had the soul/old- and new-school funk vibe that... Read More we wanted, we were so fortunate to happen upon East Coast Soul's website. While we were impressed with their video clips and their extensive repertoire, we knew that we were still taking a chance on a band that we did not have the opportunity to see live until our wedding. Further, ECS typically performs with at least a seven-piece ensemble, but our wedding venue had restrictions that didn't allow us to exceed a 4-piece band. Needless to say, we were a little nervous about having the full sound to keep our guests energized. Sean, the musical director, reassured us that they would still be able to create a sound that would meet our needs. We took a leap of faith and hired them. They exceeded our every expectation! The two vocalists, Eron and Sophia, astounded us and our guests with their pipes and the soul with which they sang every song-- their voices were astounding. Clifton had quite a breadth of skills on the piano, as he performed some challenging classical pieces that we had requested for our ceremony. Sean, who was also the drummer, was great and easy to work with from the beginning of the wedding planning phases. The band members' clear passion for their music perfectly complemented the vibe of abundant love and bliss of togetherness and unity that characterized our entire wedding weekend. Everyone was ecstatic about the music. I might add, there were many professional musicians among our guests, and they were all supremely impressed with the skill and groove of this smaller ensemble that had the intensity and full sound of any larger group we'd ever heard. They had an almost tangible chemistry. We were also fortunate to be able to hang out with three of the band members during our small, casual and intimate impromptu after-party in the lounge of our hotel. Not only are they amazing musicians, but they are absolutely wonderful people. I am happy to have made three new friends. Importantly, as my husband and I are an interracial couple with an extremely diverse family and group of friends (ethnically, politically, life journeys etc.), we were delighted by East Coast Soul's own diversity that quite perfectly reflected us, and what we stand for and cherish. We believe that the unity in their diversity is an integral part of what makes them such an incredible band. We hope to hear them perform again at some point, and we are looking forward to studio recordings that they might be releasing in the near future. Bottom line-- you absolutely cannot go wrong with this band. You and all of your guests will be talking about the band at your wedding for a long, long time.

East Coast Soul - Best Wedding Band Ever

Reviewed on 7/29/2013

By hiring East Coast Soul for your wedding you are 100% guaranteeing that you and your guests are going to be at one of the best parties ever! We recently had a barn wedding in Maine and these guys exceeded my expectations (and I have high expectations). Their talented... Read More guitarist played all of our requested acoustic ceremony music which really set a peaceful tone. They then handled our cocktail hour music and then really came to shine for the reception and dancing. The band met all of our customized needs with attention to detail. We had the full band playing and I have to say the horns really took things to the next level. My number one goal for the wedding was to make sure the dance floor was full with energy and this certainly happened. They have an amazing set list and people could not get enough! Well done east Coast Soul - thank you!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Meghan M

East Coast Soul played at our wedding in Salem in July - month later, our guests are still raving about how we had the best band ever! From the very first song, the dance floor was packed and it stayed that way until the end of the night. The singers were absolutely amazing and... Read More my friends are still talking about them - they got so into the music, dancing and giving a great performance that everyone else did too. They were great to work with and made the whole process go so smoothly. Hiring East Coast Soul was hands-down the best decision we made to turn our wedding into an unforgettable night for everyone! Thank you all!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Elise T

ECS is AMAZING! We had Lilla and Dan as vocalists and an 8-piece band in total. Hands down one of the highlights of our wedding. We first saw ECS at an event for work a few weeks after our engagement and we were thoroughly impressed. We thought there was no chance we could... Read More have them at our wedding, but fortunately they were available on our date and the price was reasonable. Sean and Art were a pleasure to work with and helped to understand our vision for the day. They learned a couple of songs that weren’t on their normal song list and sounded just like the recording with their own unique flair. At one point in the night, they even let me get on stage and sing with them. As most reviews say, our guests could not stop talking about the band a month later are still talking about them today. If you are looking for a professional, extremely talented, flexible, and energetic band, ECS is the band for you.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Emma H

East Coast Soul made our reception! My older brother booked them for his wedding 4 years ago, and as soon as my fiancé and I got engaged, I knew we HAD to book them. We had people coming up to us all night and for days afterwards talking about how amazing our band was. Everyone... Read More was on the dance floor from the moment they started playing - our venue had to crank up the air conditioning because the dance floor was so packed!! The mix they played was perfect and Art and Sean were so easy to work with. They let us know exactly what information we needed to get to them and when, which is incredibly helpful when you're planning a wedding with so many moving parts. They're far and away the best wedding band we've ever seen, and we're so thrilled that we were able to get them for our big day. Our goal with our wedding was to throw the best party of our lives, and East Coast Soul helped make that a reality!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Cate P

The band was INCREDIBLE! They really listened to what we wanted and totally read the crowd's vibe in the moment. Many of our guests said they were the best wedding band they had ever heard! Both Sean and Art were a pleasure to work with. Book them now!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Kathy B

Where to begin with this band! They took our entire wedding experience and just elevated it to the next level. It's been three weeks since the wedding and I still have people telling me just how amazing and fun the band was. Even working with Sean & Art to coordinate all the... Read More details of the day was a lot of fun! They are very relaxed but work hard to make sure that all the details of the day are perfect. We had asked the band if they knew any Tedeschi Trucks Band songs and they took the time to actually learn a few of the songs and perform them at the reception... unbelievable! Their music at the ceremony and cocktail hour was classy and fun and every step of the way was just perfect. Could not have asked for a better band or a more enjoyable live band experience. Their professionalism and preparedness made for one less thing that my husband and I had to think about on the wedding day. Would highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Lauryn S

East Coast Soul is AMAZING!!!! They were one of the biggest parts in making our wedding day such a fun, wonderful celebration. So easy to work with throughout the whole process and communication was great. We are already brainstorming when we can host another function to be... Read More able to hire them again!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Mark A

You can't really get much better than Stax/East Coast Soul. My wife and I had high expectations when we booked them, but were completely blown away after they performed our wedding. We had the 10 piece group and their keyboardist played the ceremony, in addition to a jazz trio... Read More for the cocktail hour. The sound they provided was top notch (no feedback shrills at any point, which I have experienced a lot in the past) and the energy was incredibly high. Sean and Art were both super professional and I was able to put a lot of trust in them to deliver a premium performance. I used to play music professionally and speaking from experience, you can't really get much better than this group. They were super fun and the singers had choreographed dancing throughout the nonstop reception. Thanks again for the awesome performance and the great memories ECS!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Jackie V

Absolutely unbelievable! I first saw ECS in 2011 when they were performing in Boston. I knew then that I wanted them for my wedding someday! Over the next few years I actually used them for a couple of corporate events as I am an event planner by trade. Finally when I got... Read More engaged in 2015, they were literally my 3rd call after my family to say "It's time to finally perform for me!". I worked with Sean & Art leading up to the wedding on exactly what I wanted and they did more than deliver. They got every detail exactly as I wanted-include a music mix for my Father/Daugther dance. As a former wedding coordinator, I was very particular that I wanted our music to be the "key feature" of the event- after all, that's what people remember the most! Wedding day came and ECS killed it- they performed our first dance which was a country song- a bit out of their element but you'd never know it! (Dan & Shay, From the Ground Up). The kept the crowd on the floor the ENTIRE night- including my 85 year old aunt!! At the end of the night, my guests were literally yelling "encore, encore". When else do you see that at a WEDDING?! I honestly can't say enough good things about ECS. I can't think of anyone else that even compares to the level of entertainment they provide. I can 200% guarantee that if you book them you will love them just as much as I did- well a close second anyways ;) Thank you Sean, Art & Crew for making our night SO special! We love you guys!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Carly B

East Coast Soul was amazing! It's all anyone wants to talk about when the subject of my wedding comes up--and we had a lot of other awesome things happen. They were so upbeat, easy to work with, and most importantly, entertaining! Not to mention they were the most affordable... Read More band I looked at (you work directly with them so no management company premium). HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Lizzie S

When you are a destination bride, choosing vendors is stressful and nerve wracking! In selecting East Coast Soul, I basically went off of online reviews, YouTube videos and conversations with the band director (?). I am so glad we chose them and COULD NOT have been happier! Not... Read More only was the band director incredibly easy to communicate with, flexible and reliable, the band was outstanding! Everything went according to the questionnaire we filled out a few weeks before and they were lively and high energy. We had a small wedding (75 guests) and I was worried about the dance floor being "dead" the whole time. This was not the case. East Coast Soul did an incredible job keeping everyone dancing!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Carly B

We chose ECS based on their videos and after speaking with Sean--he was so easy to work with and was totally ok with my extremely long do not play list. Because you work with them directly, they were also cheaper than other options we spoke to. The band itself ended up being... Read More amazing--everyone at the wedding (of all ages) raved about it both during and after. Do not hesitate to hire them. Best decision we made!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017

Such an awesome band! I would very highly recommend ECS. They brought charisma, groove and incredible energy to the wedding I attended. These guys are awesome musicians, who went far beyond playing "wedding music' and put up a proper show. It set the tone for the party, which... Read More continued for hours after ECS had gone.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Beth v

Everyone at our daughter's wedding is still raving about the band. They truly set a specail vibe and made the entire reception unforgettable. EVERYONE was on the dance floor. So much fun. Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Emma V

We had East Coast Soul (specifically the Soulsville Ensemble) at our wedding last week at the Trailside Inn in Killington, Vermont. I cannot express how absolutely AMAZING they were!! I had watched several of their YouTube videos prior to booking them, but their videos did not... Read More do justice to how incredible they are as musicians and how engaging they are with the guests. We had a wedding of 75 people and had almost everyone dancing the whole time. We had SO many compliments on how amazing the band was, and multiple guests said that it was the best reception music and most people dancing at a wedding they had ever seen. This band made our reception what it was, and was one of the best choices we made when it came to planning our event. In terms of administration, Art (our communication go-to person for planning purposes) was very responsive, flexible and accommodating. We had a keyboardist during the ceremony who was willing to play music for a song that my husbands sister sang during the ceremony, and had a sax/keyboard duo during our cocktail hour. They worked with us during the planning to get a sense of what type of music we wanted, and ended up playing a jazz set during dinner and more funk/soul/pop during the receptions. It wasn't even about the specific songs they played, it was more about how they played them and their renditions that got everyone so fired up. Overall we are beyond thrilled with everything East Coast Soul contributed to our wedding experience and would strongly urge anyone considering them for their event to just go ahead and book!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Melanie C

Affordable, Personable, Outstanding Band! I was nervous about a band. I'd worked in banquet halls for 10 years and was set on a DJ. My bride really wanted a band, so that's what we did. East Coast Soul was responsive to emails and my 100 questions. They worked with us on... Read More price and playlists. The band was great. Watch their videos on YouTube and you will be sold. They get into the music and keep a great vibe throughout the night. I was nervous about how loud it would be and that older family would be turned off. However, East Coast Soul was perfect. They account for the room size and they know what they're doing. They participated in dancing and kept high energy, which kept our entire party on the dance floor. I could not have been happier and I recommend East Coast Soul for anyone considering a band for their wedding!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Allyson C

There are no words to describe the “awesomeness” that is East Coast Soul! They are a hurricane of energy, talent and great music. They are more than a band, they are vibrant performers that are able to sense the tone of the room and play exactly what’s needed every moment of... Read More your wedding. By the end of the night, the members of ECS were our friends that were seamlessly part of our wedding! They brought everyone to the dance floor…I mean EVERYONE and played songs that were loved by all generations present. Throughout the course of the night I had multiple people tell me it was the best wedding band they had ever seen and were so happy to be part of the experience. ECS were great to work with throughout the entire process. They were super organized and helpful and even went so far as to learn a song that my father wrote for our dance together! I have never seen my dad so touched and overjoyed. If there is any debate in your mind between getting a DJ or getting a band, do yourself a favor…stop worrying, and hire these guys! They are worth it and will not disappoint. East Coast Soul is one of the reasons our wedding was a hit! They brought the love, energy and life to our party.

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Lily G

These musicians crushed it at our wedding! So many of our guests came up to us throughout the night to tell us how fabulous the band was. They were so easy to work with leading up to the wedding day, and they were happy to tailor the event to exactly how we wanted it. They were... Read More so energetic, talented, and passionate about their music, and they had everyone on the dance floor all night. We couldn't recommend them enough! We are so appreciative that they made the trip from Boston to NY to help make our wedding day so special!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Jamie L

ECS was everything we wanted...high energy, professional and the farthest thing from a "wedding band" sound! They were easy to work with and their communication was top notch!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Megan W

East Coast Soul was amazing! They were so organized during the planning process and always provided thorough and helpful information. On the wedding day, they were incredible! Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had and how amazing the band was. Our dance floor... Read More was jam packed all night long! They are so talented and have so much energy! I highly recommend them to anyone for a future event!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Erin D

I cannot speak highly enough of East Coast Soul. The music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were each amazing. It was so simple to have them take care of alll of the wedding music. They were able to do more modern songs for the ceremony, jazz for the cocktail hour,... Read More and 60's and Sinatra for the reception. The songs that the band picked had everyone on the dance for the entire recption! It was SO MUCH FUN! I got so many compliments on the band throughout the evening. They were professional throughout the planning process.; the company made booking and planning easy. East Coast Soul was one of the best vendors from our wedding, hands down!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Stephanie C

We had East Coast Soul perform at our wedding this past week. My husband, I, and all of our guests cannot say enough great things about the band. The experience was great starting with our initial conversations with Art and Sean from the band. Planning was so easy and... Read More stress-free even when planning from across the country. They were responsive to emails and calls throughout the entire planning process. They made sure to understand exactly the type of experience we wanted for the wedding. The day of the wedding started with an acoustic duo during cocktail hour. We already started getting rave reviews from our guests about how great their performance was. We were BLOWN AWAY by the reception performance. From the very first song our dance floor was packed. I have never been to a wedding where there was no one in their seats. Every age from 10 to 90 loved the music. The band kept us having fun and dancing throughout the entire night. I am still getting contacted from guests to find out the name of the band and to share their compliments. I would not hesitate to book East Coast Soul for a wedding reception. They are truly the whole package. I only hope that I can see them again at a friend/family's wedding in the future!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Yael C

I can't say enough about how incredible East Coast Soul was at our wedding. From the first conversation with Sean, I knew they would be awesome. Sean, Arthur and the whole band could not have been more flexible, amenable and just awesome to deal with from day one. And the... Read More music!! They were awesome! So much energy! Such an incredible set list! The dance floor was PACKED the entire night. Five stars is not enough for East Coast Soul. We really can't recommend them highly enough.

Sean Davies

Hello! My name is Sean Davies. I am the founder and musical director of East Coast Soul. I am an alumni of Berklee College of Music and Boston University, and thrilled to be able to work with the incredible musicians of East Coast Soul week after week for so much of the year. I also feel fortunate to call them all close friends of mine. We look forward to hearing from you about your wedding plans!