Elegant Occasions Catering & Event Planning

Martinez, CA

Elegant Occasions Catering & Event Planning

Full service catering company. Preferred at many Bay Area reception sites; 25 years of experience and 700 menu items. Known for excellent food presentation, superb meals and outstanding service staff.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Italian, Latin American

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Family Style, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

827 Arnold Dr, Martinez, CA (800) 711-2743

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Daphne H

There aren't enough good things I can say about Elegant Occasions & Gina. Working with them was one of the easiest decision we made - not only do they provide the food, but they also provide linens, tableware, servers, and bartenders and alcohol (but you can provide your own... Read More booze and get a discounted rate), all included in the total. When I was comparing other caterers, choosing Elegant Occasions was a no-brainer. We also asked them to make the cakes, and the carrot cake in particular was a HUGE hit! Everything went very smoothly - we provided our own alcohol, but Elegant Occasions made sure it got to the venue. I planned most of the wedding myself, and thanks to Gina's knowledge of our venue, she helped guide me through a great deal of the planning process. The day wouldn't have gone nearly as well without her input. On the day of the wedding, her staff was professional and attentive and Gina herself was onsite to oversee it all. They made sure we had food to eat and a drink in our hand at all times, which I know is a rare thing for the bride and groom on their wedding day. And the food was simply amazing - it's not often that guests rave about wedding buffet food, but all we've been hearing are compliments (in addition to the carrot cake, I can also personally recommend the wasabi horseradish and the onion cheese canape!). We would hire Elegant Occasions for all future event needs in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Perri C

I am so impressed with Elegant Occasions. We just used them for our wedding in Sonoma. The food was phenomenal and everyone at the wedding was raving about it. Gina was so easy to work with and very experienced, and made the day go smoothly as well as taking care as us as the... Read More bride and groom. The packages are great options and we feel we got a great experience with a buffet and open bar at a per person cost.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Jean S

Elegant Occasions was AMAZING at my daughters wedding, she does not live in the Bay Area so I did all the planning. I looked at many caterers and they were the only one I interviewed because I felt so confident since they had been in business for generations and it was a family... Read More operation. And I was RIGHT, my guests are still raving about the food because it was not your typical chafing dish wedding food. We had a Tri Tip Carving station, Chicken Saltimbaca, caramelized onion mashed potatoes and amazing appetizers. The best part was they decorated the buffet tables with flowers that matched our decor. I wouldn't have even thought of that much less had time to worry about buffet tables either. It was just one of the many pleasant surprises! The value for their service is unsurpassed. The crew was so friendly and helpful throughout the night. And the pre-planning was amazing. Gina helped us through all the steps, made great suggestions, and ultimately made the reception a success. Put Elegant Occasions at the top of your list!!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Christa N

Gina and co from Elegant Occasions were AMAZING! It's a family run business that has been in operation for many years so they know exactly what they're doing. Gina was a pleasure to work with and so professional. The food by Chef Robert was absolutely delicious and... Read More plentiful. On top of that, their prices are incredibly reasonable and worth every penny spent. If you want to be stress free about your caterer, book Elegant Occasions ASAP! You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Deanna G

Gina and the crew at Elegant Occasions were absolutely perfect! I can't say enough good things about them. The food was delicious. The service was amazing. Everything went according to plan and our wedding was absolutely perfect. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Fatemah N

Elegant Occasions to take care of the catering for our wedding. They did such a wonderful job from helping us plan, providing almost everything we needed for our location including linens, nicer chairs, coordinating with other vendors, etc. Gina help manage everything with such... Read More grace. She made sure we were well taken care of throughout the whole event. She always made sure to always check in with us if we wanted something to drink or eat. The chef and waiting staff did an excellent job. Very professional throughout. The food was delicious. We constantly got compliments on how delicious the food was. All our guests were super happy with the experience. They even complimented how great Gina and catering staff was. The best part was our catering came with a full bar with bartenders. We will use Elegant Occasions with any future catering. I couldn't think of using anyone else. Thank you so much for such excellent service!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Lydia C

Elegant Occasions is THE WAY to go for any Bay Area event. My partner and I selected Elegant Occasions to cater our wedding in Walnut Creek on 10/1. Gina has her business down. FOOD - Delicious, chose the Affair to Remember buffet plus passed hors d'oeuvres at the cocktail... Read More hour . Like the other reviews, the dinner was very good and plentiful. My family was very happy and still talk about it. LATE NIGHT GRILLED CHEESE. Elegant Occasions offers "late night snacks." Are you kidding me? This was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding. Guests are present from 4-10PM so by 9PM, the grilled cheese fueled the night on through. We had never been to a wedding that had late night snacks, but I hope it is a trend that takes off! BAR - Great bar tending service. The bar was set up outside to keep people moving and also make sure guests weren’t getting carried away. We elected to supply our own alcohol (beer & wine) and received the discount per person accordingly. However, after we bought from BevMo we realized it would have been less expensive to go with Gina’s full bar, so do the math ahead! They were even particularly helpful for guests that did not drink alcohol – supplying cider and serving the soda and NA beer we provided. Gina personally tended to the wedding party during the cocktail hour and dinner, ensuring everyone had what they needed at all times. WEDDING COORDINATOR - It was hard for us to believe on top of all the other great inclusions that Elegant Occasions has to offer that you also have a day-of coordinator (it says it in the contract, but it's hard to believe). We dropped off decorations ahead of time at the warehouse which helped a lot. Gina had the DJ, photo booth, decorator, etc all ready to go. The reality is most couples have never planned a wedding before, and Gina has planned thousands of events! Gina and Chef Rob even took over the photo booth which was a fun surprise. COST - My partner and I didn't look at many catering companies because when we found Elegant Occasions and put down a security deposit we know we were set. To some, the cost per person might appear high but the OVERALL VALUE is the best in the Bay Area. No extra fees, excellent service, professionalism. If we ever need another event catered, Elegant Occasions will be the first contact. Guests left happy and a huge part of it was the way Elegant Occasions made the night happen.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Lisette D

I cannot recommend elegant occasions catering highly enough. Gina was absolutely fantastic to work with. She was always easy to get into contact with and was receptive to all of our requests. Even when we changed from a breakfast menu to a traditional dinner menu, she was happy... Read More to adjust. She was eager to help in many ways. The most helpful was that she let our alcohol distributor deliver the alcohol to her early, so that she could pre-chill everything. She was well versed in the rules of our venue and walked my family through set up and break down to ensure we would receive our full deposit back. Aside from her excellent organization, the food was delicious! We received multiple compliments from family members at our reception. Thank you so much Gina and chef Rob!!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016

You know how they say "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is"? Well Elegant Occasions is the exception! After receiving bids from several other companies, we choose Elegant Occasions. But because you get so much for the price, I was concerned that we were... Read More compromising something. To my surprise, there was not one thing that was a disappointment. Gina went over and above helping with every detail including beautiful displays and designs for areas I had no idea what to do with. The service was amazing and the food was unbelievable. I was skeptical about how good buffet style food could be, but it was high quality and delicious. I live in Napa and I know good food, this competes with the best restaurants. Even our most discerning guests were extremely complimentary. We had four wonderful appetizers and for the entrees, Roasted Peppercorn Tri-Tip, Bistro Chicken with creamy lemon and wine caper sauce, Spinach and Cheese Ravioli with a creamy pesto . We also used the fabulous DJ and the Photobooth. They were engaged with the guests and created a fun energy at the reception. I'd like to advise you of some detail that maybe wasn't quite perfect, but they really delivered and exceeded all expectations!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Josh B

Gina and team rocked our wedding! Our guests raved about the food and service, the decor was beautiful and everything ran incredibly smoothly. Due to some changes during our planning process we reached out to Gina only 3-months prior to our date and she made such an effort to... Read More get us situated. She invited us to preview another clients wedding before the ceremony started and gave us some extra appetizers. Everything with Gina and Elegant Occasions was just easy. I would highly recommend their services for your special day or any other event.

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 diane B

Everyone has repeatedly commented on how phenomenal, Gina, Chef Rob, and the entire staff of Elegant Occasions are when it comes to preparing excellent food for any event. Our daughter’s wedding reception was no exception! Elegant Occasions was incredible to work with,... Read More responsive at all times and our friends, foodies at heart, couldn’t stop with the compliments. Many of our guests will be calling to use Elegant Occasion s for their parties in the future. Our guests had a wonderful time and in a large part it was the delicious food and attentive service that contributed to our amazing celebration.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016

Elegant Occasions catered my wedding this past weekend. I felt that the team went above and beyond in many aspects. I was impressed with the efficiency of the team before the big day and on the day of. Gina ensured that I had everything I needed and checked in often with my... Read More bridal party. We were busy taking pictures and she had the appetizers brought down to our area. The guests raved about the food and felt that the entire event was super organized and elegant!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016

I HIGHLY recommend Elegant Occasions. Gina and her team is an amazing mix of professional, flexible, and fun. We wanted a wedding that was quirky and rather non-traditional; Gina never pressured us to do anything we didn't want, and was extremely helpful when we wanted advice,... Read More and very affirming and accommodating of our choices. She is such an easy pleasure to work with, and is so prepared and experienced that she took away so much stress and worry that might otherwise have been there. Also, most importantly, the food is AMAZING. I heard many people saying it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding, and I'm inclined to agree. We went with the menu that included pasta and it was perfect for the range of dietary needs of our guests.

Reviewed on 7/23/2016

Gina and Chef Robert did an AMAZING job with our wedding on 6/25. From our initial inquiry to even after the wedding, Gina was PHENOMENAL. She took so much stress out of our planning, coordinating, set-up and was the reason we were able to enjoy every second of our wedding. She... Read More always made sure we had appetizers, food, drinks and did the same for the wedding party and our parents. She is always one step ahead and knows how to make quick adjustments on the spot. Our guests raved about the food, the service and the atmosphere that Elegant Occasions created. We also went through Gina for our wedding cake, DJ and Photobooth and it was SO nice to have staff at the wedding who know each other, are good friends and have worked together in the past. I absolutely love that this is a family business and it is evident how much they care about their work and making the day memorable. I cannot recommend Gina and Chef Robert enough! They made our wedding unforgettable and so enjoyable!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016

Elegant Occasions did a fantastic job for our daughter's wedding last weekend at The Gardens at Heather Farm. Gina was easy to work with over the entire course of planning the reception, the food was absolutely delicious, and our guests all raved about what a lovely reception it... Read More was. They are a family business, and several of our guests mentioned to me that the wait staff were particularly helpful and friendly. My daughter and I are strictly gluten free, and Gina accommodated us with special --and still delicious --versions of their recipes. We could not be happier with how it all went.

No Doubt the best Cater in the Bay!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Cassey L

Elegant Occasions was amazing and everyone can't stop raving about them! Gina is the most organized amazing lady! She helped us organize our day and get everything straight and was the perfect person to relinquish control too (extremely hard). From making sure everyone was were... Read More they were supposed to be to the to-die-for food! THey have a working relationship with Elite Entertainment and they flow together so well! Everyone on the same page and keeping us on track. We had the buffet setup with tri-tip and a amazing apricot chicken with amazing sides. It was PERFECT! Gina also made sure we actually ate food and had 2nd's! (WE ACTUALLY GOT TO EAT! :) ) Go with Elegant Occasions if you want amazing food and a organized contact.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kendra P

Gina and everyone at Elegant Occasions Catering are amazing. They helped our wedding vision come to life. From planning our menu, to providing excellent food and service the day-of, every minute of working with them was a success. Their waitstaff is extremely pleasant and on top... Read More of things, and the food was definitely some of the best I've ever had anywhere. Everything they did was perfect, and I would recommend them to anyone. I can't thank them enough for how beautifully our wedding turned out because of all that they did for us. Thank you so much.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Gina, Robert and their staff catered our son's wedding that family and friends are still talking about a month later. The food was superb (including the chicken breasts, which were moist and flavorful), the presentation was beautiful and the service was great. Gina even helped... Read More with parts of the wedding not related to the food. We cannot say enough about Elegant Occasions!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Erica D

Elegant Occasions was more than we could have imagined for our wedding caterers/day of planners! From our first interaction with them, Gina was professional, organized and easy to communicate with. She has excellent foresight and knows what to anticipate for a bride and wedding... Read More (far before I knew)! The food was perfection! And, they were able to take our tastes and preferences to modify the menu. Every dish was perfect! We got so many compliments on the food at our wedding; people are still talking about it weeks later! Most importantly, Gina, Chef Rob, and all of the Elegant Occasions staff were completely on top of their game. They instilled complete trust. We knew that the food at our wedding would be perfect. We also knew that Gina would keep the flow of the wedding smooth. With all of the other wedding craziness, this was one thing that we knew we wouldn't need to worry about. And, we were right! They went above and beyond, and we couldn't have been happier. Thank you, Elegant Occasions! -Erica and Brian

Amazing caterer! Loved them.

Reviewed on 1/29/2015

We used elegant occasions for my daughters wedding about 2 weeks ago And trying to think of the words to use about how amazing they were! From beginning to end, the experience was great. Gina was so prompt at getting back with me with any questions I had. The food was the... Read More talk of the wedding. It was so good people have been texting me to let me know how much they loved the food. One of the biggest things I have to say I appreciated, being the mother of bride, was that the day of the wedding I did not hear from them once with questions. They got to the venue and just did their thing. I Felt such a relief of stress because of this. Gina and there crew helped so much and took care of everything. I would highly recommend them if you want amazing food, amazing service, and beautiful display of food. Great experience! Thanks so much Gina! 😊😊

Elegant Occasions is amazing!

Reviewed on 1/08/2015

Elegant Occasions catered our wedding last October at The Gardens at Heather Farms and they did such a wonderful job! Gina and the rest of the staff were super professional, helpful and so nice throughout the whole wedding planning process. Gina made everything so easy, taking... Read More care of little details, and also making sure that my husband and I had everything we needed. Gina is a great communicator and really flexible. We are so happy we were able to have Elegant Occasions cater our wedding. Their food and decor are also fabulous!

Great Choice!

Reviewed on 11/29/2014 Peter N

Picking Gina and her team to cater our event was one of the best decisions we made. The quality of service was top notch and the food was phenomenal. Gina really went out of her way to make our day a special one and we truly appreciated it. No hidden fees or gimmicks, you know... Read More what you are paying for right away, and it's worth it. Will definitely hire them for any future events.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Chelsea H

Hello Gina, Chef Robert, and Team! We just wanted to say thank you so very much for all you did to make our wedding a success. I cannot tell you how many people have said how great the food was! And then I tell them how great Gina was at organizing it all and keeping the day... Read More going smoothly. Thank you so very much!!! You will get many recommendations from us.

Great food and service

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Kelly S

Gina is fantastic to work with! I'm not sure where to start because the food was amazing, she and her staff were awesome, and she was very flexible and helpful with planning the reception. She answered countless questions from me and my mom and she met with us multiple times to... Read More go over every detail of the reception. I would 100% choose Elegant Occasions Catering if I could go back and do it again.

A perfect evening

Reviewed on 9/08/2014

Gina and her staff did everything to make our reception perfect. Our guests raved about the food, the wine, the flowers and the service. Everything truly was elegant and we felt relaxed knowing we were in good hands!