Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

13945 Old Hanover Road, Reistertown, MD (410) 429-4602

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Aiana C

Just had our wedding last Friday with DJ Johnny, who is bilingual (husband's family speaks Spanish). The beginning of the planning process was a breeze! We were given access to a personal website where we could create the timeline for our reception and select songs for the... Read More specific parts like the first dance, speeches, garter toss, etc. If there were songs I didn't see on their list, I was simply able to send a message and they obtained and played them at our reception. The variety of songs was top notch! There were many moments where all of the seats in the room were empty because everyone was on the dance floor - exactly what we wanted! I would recommend Event Entertainment to anyone looking for a stellar DJ at an affordable price.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Nicole M

Amazing!! I booked Dj Brandon through Event entertainment and he was great!!! From the consultation to meeting right before the wedding to finalize things to the actual wedding, he was phenomenal!!! He even brought us waters during the hot day!! He was so professional and... Read More the night went sooo well!! The music was great! The dance floor was great! I can't say enough good things!!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Kathleen H

Absolute professionals. The person we dealt with through email was pleasant, responded promptly, and was even willing to work with us on price when we found a cheaper quote from another vendor. Our DJ, Mike, was a pleasure to work with. He called before the wedding to confirm... Read More the details in the form we submitted online, and he was friendly and likable. Our guests were fond of him as well and loved that he went around the room to ask for song requests. He was a hit and so was the music. Thank you so much, Event Entertainment, for making this something I didn't have to worry about!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Michelle S

Dj Dave was very good. He met with us on the phone before hand and confirmed our songs and pronunciation of names. He made us feel really comfortable that he had everything under control. The day of the wedding he provided great music for the ceremony and reception. Our guests... Read More were on the dance floor the whole time and had a blast. After the wedding he sent us a video about our day too! It was so thoughtful and great since I did not get to see the parents and bridal party entrances. I was able to see them in the video he sent. He was great and would recommend others to hire him!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Karen M

We considered Event Entertainment for our DJ services based on a friend's recommendation. After reading several online reviews and watching videos on their website, we decided to book them for our October wedding in Taneytown, MD. We made sure to specifically request DJ Dave... Read More Holmes, and it ended up being the best decision ever. Throughout the planning process, DJ Dave was extremely professional and responsive. We especially loved Event Entertainment's planning website, which ensured that we were all on the same page regarding song preferences, reception logistics, etc. About a month before the wedding, we met with Dave in person to finalize any last-minute details and go over things like name pronunciations. During the reception, Dave was an excellent MC...he said just enough without distracting from the main events. Once our guests made it to the dance floor after dinner, nobody left. Dave really knows how to keep the party going and feel out a crowd. Several guests told us that they were planning to take a break to get another drink or use the restroom, but as soon as one good song ended, another good song started, and they didn't want to leave! Other guests have told us that Dave was the best DJ they've ever seen at a wedding. And we agree! Dave Holmes with Event Entertainment is a great DJ for a great value.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Kristin A

I cannot thank Event Entertainment enough for all of their hard-work for my wedding on July 16, 2016. DJ Dave Holmes was AMAZING! He met with my husband and I before the wedding to go over all the details! He wanted to make sure that he had everything correct before the day of.... Read More We weren't exactly sure of what music to play during the ceremony, but Dave had a whole bunch of ideas to help us decide! We also decided to use their photography and photo booth services. These services were just as exceptional as the DJ service!! Rob was our photographer and he was just outstanding! Very professional, but very relaxed at the same time! He took AMAZING pictures! The photo booth was a BIG hit with my family. They loved all the props and the fact that everyone got their own copy of the pictures. Dave even took a video of the wedding which was GREAT because I didn't even think of that. I received a CD with all of the photo booth pictures and the photographers pictures. I also received a DVD of the video that was made! I enjoy each and every picture. My day was captured perfectly and I am so happy that I had Event Entertainment there to help make my special day perfect!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Valerie C

Dave Holmes, there's just no words to describe how awesome our wedding was. The dance floor was filled the entire night with people dancing, there was music for everyone from my 92 year old grandmom to my 9 year old new brother in law, everyone had a great time. We've been... Read More married a month now and still hearing about how awesome Dave was. Thank you so much for making our night special.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Angie S

Brandon from Events Entertainment was AWESOME to work with. He met with my now husband and I before we booked him so we could get to know him and see if we liked him. We LOVED him. He was extremely knowledgeable, and had every answer to my millions of questions. Music for a... Read More wedding can make or break the fun, and I wanted it to be perfect for my Big Day! Brandon made it perfect. I was very serious about which songs I wanted played, and Brandon made sure to only play the songs I ‘okayed’ and he did not play anything I didn’t want. Also, he was very affordable! Best prices we could find in our area for the quality that you get with Brandon. Hands down one of the best decisions we made on our wedding day was hiring Brandon from Events Entertainment!!! Angie & Jimi

Great, Professional DJ!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Emily C

We booked Event Entertainment and had the owner, Dave Holmes, as our DJ. We were very impressed with Dave! He met with us the week before to make sure we had everything set. He also handled our ceremony music, which was perfect. My husband wrote and recorded a song for my... Read More processional, and Dave was able to use that track for the wedding. We left the decision making on a lot of the reception music up to his judgement and he did not disappoint. Everyone was up dancing as soon as dinner was over and there was never that awkward moment where everyone leaves the dance floor. I would highly recommend Event Entertainment! I thought the price was reasonable as well!

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Manda M

We met Dave Holmes from Event Entertainment at a bridal show held at our wedding venue. From the start, we could tell Dave was very experienced with weddings and party events. Dave was very reassuring during our planning meetings and made us feel like he would keep everything... Read More under control during our special day; and he delivered. Everything was set up professionally and there were plenty of speakers placed throughout the reception. Sound levels were great and everyone could hear the music without it blasting over everyone’s conversation. We gave Dave a music playlist of songs we wanted to hear and he did a great job or playing our favorites while also incorporating some of the latest hit wedding songs that would really pump up the crowd. He also incorporated some mixes he made that were fantastic! Once the dancing started, it never stopped and everyone had such a great time. We had a few guests with odd requests, Dave handled each request professionally and made sure not to play anything that wouldn't have mixed with the vibe. Dave also made a video of our reception and shared it with us, it was so much fun to watch and we really appreciate that he helped us to preserve those memories.. We can not thank Dave enough for his wonderful talent as a DJ and we highly recommend Event Entertainment.

great party DJ

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Kristin

Dave was great to work with as we got close to our event. He met with us over the phone to go over every song selection and to make sure it was what we wanted. He did a great job of keeping the party going once it got time to dance. He continued to work with us the day of as... Read More we made some last minute changes, so he is very flexible. He even provided us with a highlights video of some parts of our wedding, which was a great surprise. Highly recommend!

Fun Party!

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Tracey B

My DJ was Dave Holmes, and he was fantastic! Throughout the planning process he was always very responsive, and helpful. Even when I asked the same question a couple times ("wedding brain" is real!) he never made me feel like I was bothering him. And then the day of, he was... Read More everything I could have asked for. The ceremony went perfectly, the music was exactly how I imagined it. And the reception was the fun party we wanted it to be; he played all our songs in the perfect order to get people up and dancing, with perfectly timed slow songs to catch our breath. Dave also was instrumental in keeping the night's events going according to schedule :) Words cannot express how thankful I am to have booked Dave and Event Entertainment! Thank you, Dave!

MUST HIRE DAVE HOLMES

Reviewed on 1/22/2014 Shaheen M

Nice, generous, accommodating, listens, AMAZING WORK ETHIC! !!!!!!!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/31/2013 Courtney K

Mike was my DJ and he was fabulous! We spoke a few times before the reception and he knew exactly what mood I was looking for throughout the night. I am a very particular customer when it comes to music. Knowing that, Mike checked in with me several times throughout the night... Read More make sure I was happy. He took reqeusts and was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend them!

THE BEST DJ!! THERE'S NO COMPETITION!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Carol M

Dave Holmes at Event Entertainment was our DJ. He was FANTASTIC in every way. Dave was very communicative during the planning process, solicited our suggestions about what music we wanted and didn't want and made valuable suggestions. There's a website that we populated which... Read More outlined the timeline of the reception and which songs we wanted for each phase. We are not the typical 20-30 something couple. This was a second wedding for both of us. We were both widowed several years ago and have grown children but we chose to have a traditional, formal wedding and reception. Dave played all of the songs we specified and more along those lines and, more importantly, didn't play those songs/type of music we did not want. He is a consummate professional, showed up early, and played up until the very last minute (or longer). To further complicate Dave's job, my daughter, who is in musical theater, sang 4 songs at the ceremony and 5 songs at the reception, and Dave set her and a friend up with microphones and hooked our keyboard up to his sound system. This all happened so smoothly and is not something that all DJs will do. Many of our guests made a point of telling us that the music was the best they've ever heard at a wedding - just the perfect mix and not too loud, but just loud enough! It was just PERFECT! Everyone danced and danced!! Dave made sure everyone had a great time! Dave's wife was his assistant and she made a short video of the wedding/reception which Dave sent to us right after the wedding and then posted it on youtube. It's still there! What a nice surprise and bonus!! Our formal videos won't be available to see for another month so having that video is very special! Thanks, Dave, for making our wedding reception memorable!!

The dance floor was packed!

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Megan W

We worked with Dave, the owner, for our wedding. We gave him some ideas of music we liked and we told him that we wanted the dance floor packed and he made it happen! He was professional, responsive, and extremely easy to work with. He made the entire experience fun for... Read More everyone.

Wonderful DJ!

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 Lauren C

DJ Dave Holmes was awesome! He was extremely flexible and was able to carry out some of our special requests. He also got to the venue early and helped our musician with setting up. He even surprised my husband and I with a short video montage capturing the special moments of... Read More the day, so that we would have something to watch before we received the video from our videographer! We were so excited to see the footage the next day before our honeymoon, and he did it for free and without us even having to ask. He was extremely professional, played great music, and ensured that our reception was all we had hoped for! I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking to book a wonderful, upbeat and talented DJ for their event!

Great!

Reviewed on 6/24/2013 Alyssa L

We loved the DJ! He played a great mix and kept everything on schedule. He even made a little video which we had no idea he was going to do!

The best!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Clare W

Dave Holmes of Event Entertainment gave us the celebration of our dreams! My husband and I are big fans of music, and we are still receiving accolades about the music, and how everyone danced all night! Dave Holmes met with us, gave us great suggestions and truly made our event... Read More very special. In our pre-wedding meeting, I told Dave about a song that had a lot of meaning to me and he remembered it during our reception, and mentioned it during our first dance. That really touched us!! Dave and Event Entertainment are wonderful! Thank you!

Great!

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Kristin H

From the very beginning (of planning on their online site) to the very end (of my wedding), the whole process went very smooth and stress free. Event Entertainment was great! Their online event planning site was very helpful and when I spoke with my DJ, Mike, he was very... Read More understanding as to what my husband and I wanted. Our DJ, Mike, was AMAZING!!!! He did a fantastic job of feeling the crowd out to what they would want, he even went around to each table and asked for music requests (I have never seen a DJ do that before), he played guests requests, he kept the dancing going by playing the right music, and he knew exactly when to speak and when not to (as in not giving a play by play of the night, like some DJ's I have seen at weddings). All in all, I have nothing but great things to say about Mike and Event Entertainment!

DJ Dario

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 N B

We chose Dario from Event Entertainment as our DJ and MC. We had some complicated names in the wedding party and he took the time to learn and pronounce them. He did a great job with the ceremony music and reception playlist. His communication prior to the wedding was good... Read More and reassuring.

Loved the DJ!

Reviewed on 10/26/2012 Kimberly S

Event Entertainment was great to work with for our wedding. Both Dave and Mike were very responsive. Mike did an awesome job for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He played all of the music we wanted for our ceremony cocktail hour, and dinner, and he did a great job... Read More with the music during the dancing portion as well. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a DJ - the value can't be beat for what you get!

Amazing

Reviewed on 9/29/2012 Whitney T

Phil was our DJ from Event Entertainment. He played all of the songs we requested and kept the energy of the party high. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ in the MD area. Thanks again Phil :)

Absolute Pros

Reviewed on 9/12/2012 Jennifer C

We used DJ Steve Smelser and he was absolutely wonderful. He kept the event running very smoothly. Steve was very laidback and easy to work with. He played a good variety of music, welcomed requests, and played a good portion of the songs we requested. He even replayed a song... Read More because my husband was socializing with some guests outside and he had missed one of his favorite songs. Event Entertainment also offers a military discount which was very helpful to us.

Kept the Dance Floor Full

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Michelle H

I had met Dave at a wedding show and was not able to have him be our DJ, but his co-worker Randy. Randy did an amazing job. He kept the night flowing and there were never any long periods where the dance floor was empty. All our guests had a blast and many said this was the best... Read More dj they have seen at a wedding in a while.