Events By Kiersa

Events by Kiersa is an award-winning wedding and event planning company based in Asheville, North Carolina. Specializing in weddings, corporate events, festivals, fundraisers and social celebrations, each event is uniquely designed and expertly managed.

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning

13 1/2 Walnut Street, Asheville, NC (828) 606-9659

Perfect blend of on-point organization and low-key demeanor

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Nell H

Rather than rewrite what I've already written, I will just share a direct excerpt from my thank you note to Kiersa the day after our wedding: "Working with you was just such an absolutely pleasure from the very start. You are so organized and thoughtful in your approach,... Read More but you are never pushy or on edge. Your presence put us at ease and your knowledge and forethought made it easy to sit back and relax knowing that everything was going to work out. You are something between a wedding planner and a life coach or a therapist...with astute advice on how to think about various interactions. In dreaming of my wedding since I was a little girl, and loving to plan parties, I thought I could handle this all on my own. Since so many people advised us to get a day-of coordinator, I obliged, but I don't think that I was 100% sold on the value beyond peace of mind. Well, let me just say I was dead wrong. Everything you contributed to our wedding made it that much better and more enjoyable. We definitely could not have done this without you and for that I am forever grateful."

Bride

Reviewed on 3/31/2013 Michalene T

Kiersa was a pleasure to work with. She helped us plan an intimate wedding in a short amount of time. We made a couple last minute changes and she always made it work. Never did she seem stressed. All of her vendor choices were excellent. We chose a few of our own and she had... Read More good communication with them. They all enjoyed working with her and appreciated her organization without being overbearing. Kiersa was always available and helped ease the stress of planning our wedding.

Put this lady at the absolute top of your wishlist!

Reviewed on 3/11/2013 Jessica K

Hiring Kiersa was the single best wedding decision I made, and I have my mom to thank for finding her! Besides being the warmest, nicest, easiest person to work with, Kiersa understood my vision of an intimate, farm-to-table, urban wedding, and connected me with all of the right... Read More local vendors. She even found us our dream venue, The Lift Studios, which wasn't even publicly known at the time. Most of all, Kiersa took care of everything on my wedding day, so I could be fully present and not worry about a thing during the ceremony and reception. I wholeheartedly recommend Kiersa to any bride-to-be or event host! She should be at the absolute top of your list!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Rachel H

Kiersa and her team are incredible. My review will not do them justice, but I will try. My husband and I wanted to have a weekend long wedding on his family's land in the NC mountains. Its seclusion is what is so meaningful to us, but it certainly isn't your typical wedding... Read More venue. However, no feat was too big for Kiersa's team and they helped us make all of our crazy ideas come true. We were able to turn our rustic land into a comfortable, romantic, fun location for three days of events. They helped us navigate everything from a giant tent, to bathrooms, to bringing in electricity, to delicious food service, to bonfires -- all from scratch in the middle of the woods. Their recommendations for musicians, caterers, transportation services, floral designers, trash removal and more were all spot on. And we planned all of this from 500 miles away! Kiersa and her team were always available when we were in town to help us pack in as much planning in an efficient and fun way. When we weren't around Kiersa and her team were always great about communicating with us, keeping us on task, and getting a million things done behind the scenes. Perhaps above all, Kiersa is a delightful human being. Spending time with her was always a pleasure and every single vendor we interacted with mentioned how much they love working with Kiersa. She is always calm, positive, upbeat, and on top of every detail. We trusted her instincts when it came to the best way to approach any problem that came up. She was always able to calm our nerves and guide us to the right decision for us without ever being overbearing or pushy. When it looked like rain was coming for one of our events she said (and meant): "It's up to you and we can do whatever you want," but she ultimately guided to the best decision by far and that night's event turned out so much better than we ever dreamed. We joyfully, unequivocally recommend Events by Kiersa!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Kathryn L

I cannot write a review that encapsulates just how wonderful Kiersa and her team are! Kiersa & Jen were with us throughout our entire wedding process, and they were were present, attentive, and communicative. They went above and beyond to create a wedding celebration that was... Read More beautifully genuine to my spouse & I as a couple. Everything about our wedding felt like it was truly 'us' and Kiersa was really the one that made that happen. We planned most of the wedding from afar and Kiersa was our boots on the ground. She saved us time, money, and LOADS of stress. We truly could not have had the experience we did without her. On our wedding day itself, she kept everything running smoothly. At one point she made me 3 separate plates of food because I kept forgetting to eat. We had bad weather, she had a plan & handled it. She was on a different, wedding-planners-only level. Kiersa is a gift for anyone that gets to work with her. When people ask us how stressful wedding planning was, we get to say "Not at all!" -- and Kiersa's the reason for that. Without Kiersa, our marriage would still be great, but our wedding wouldn't have been anywhere near as awesome!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Ashley S

Since we were having our wedding in Highlands, NC and lived in FL, I knew I wanted to invest in a wedding planner. After speaking with 4 other planners, my call with Kiersa stood out thanks to her calm demeanor, the way she seemed to truly listen as well as ask pertinent... Read More questions. A few months before the wedding, we had to find an entirely new wedding venue. Kiersa never seemed rattled or concerned which kept me feeling like it was all going to be AOK. Well it wasn't okay.. it was PERFECT! Kiersa helped us throw the most amazing wedding. Kiersa's suggestions ROCKED! (Seriously in love with the florist - Urban Farm Girl! so amazing) She kept the lines of communication going with the florist, dj/band, and venue alerting me when I needed to get them info/details/money. When our wedding weekend arrived, she worked seamlessly with the venue, officiant, bridal party, dj, etc. Several of our guests also commented on how impressed they were with her! I am so happy I found her and she was there for it all. I felt like she had my back and TRULY cared about the planning process. From the first phone call in July till the last sparkler went out this April, Kiersa was amazing! THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Ashley W

Kiersa is just AMAZING! We hired her to coordinate my sister’s wedding this past September. As an event planner myself, I knew we were in excellent hands from the moment we first met with her. Kiersa was so calm and professional throughout the entire planning process. She... Read More is so fantastic to work with and her passion for what she does truly shows. Kiersa put the wedding together so seamlessly and made my sister and her husband’s day a dream come true! We could not have done it without her! THANK YOU, KIERSA!! XOXO

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Daniel D

Kiersa is great! We were very happy with the level of service she provided and how easy she was to work with. My wife and I highly recommend her services!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016

Lynne and I wanted to take a moment to thank you for helping to make Kara and Ben's day such a magical fairytale. I'm sure I don't know all the details and little things you and Caroline did to make the day such a success. But here's just some of the things I noted: The... Read More spreadsheet you provided helped us get organized from the start, your ideas for sequencing and setup helped us envision the event, and I was impressed by how you documented the flow for the day itself. I especially appreciate how whenever I asked for something, with a smile you said "we can do that" and made it happen (hauling all the chairs back up to the ceremony site, asking the band for a free microphone, to name a few things). Your flexibility and support as we fretted over the weather helped us smoothly adapt to changing weather conditions. We couldn't be happier and it was a pleasure to work with you from start to finish!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016

Kiersa is amazing at what she does. We had an incredible wedding. It was so much fun and filled with love. Because Kiersa was so on top of everything, all my partner and I had to was enjoy each other. Kiersa was so on everything and the entire day went smoothly. She is so... Read More knowledgeable and helped us plan for so many of the small details we didn’t think about. Also, she is just a great and kind person. So fun to work with and we had lots of laughs throughout the whole process. Simply said, she is the best.

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Candace B

Kiersa is amazing! I hired her a year out from my wedding for her full planning services. It was really easy to add and subtract services to make our final contract. We had already started visiting vendors on our own prior to hiring her, but when we mentioned we were going to... Read More hire her, everyone seemed to know her and how great she was. They all gave glowing reviews and we knew we had made the right choice. She suggested wonderful vendors for our DJ, officiant, photography, flowers, and cake. She was great at taking our budget and suggesting vendors who fit those needs. I felt like over the year of planning I changed my mind on so many different things, but she was great at going with the flow and making everything come to life. The week leading up to the wedding, she had everything with our vendors in place and ready to go. Kiersa was incredible the weekend of the wedding. We started setting up prior to our rehearsal, and she helped get everything in place. We even had a bit of a crisis while decorating, but she was quick to come up with a solution. She found exactly the items we needed and even stayed behind to set up while we went to our rehearsal dinner. She also took it all down after the wedding so we weren't even charged! The day of the wedding, everything went even more smoothly than I could have imagined. It felt wonderful to sit back and know that everything was running smoothly. She was absolutely fantastic and a wonderful person to work with. I would recommend her over and over again. Honestly, I feel like I didn't pay her enough for everything she did! If I could give her a score over five stars, I would. I very highly, highly recommend Kiersa!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Kathleen K

Kiersa was absolutely wonderful and worth every penny! Kiersa went above and beyond in every single request we had of her. Hired mainly as a day-of coordinator, she still reached out and coordinated all of our vendors to ensure that they were on-board with our wedding day plan.... Read More Kiersa was also solely responsible for decorating our wedding venue (a champagne cellar) without about 200 different candles. With few directions and not having seen any of the decorations prior to the wedding, Kiersa absolutely brought our vision to life and made the room breath-taking. Kiersa also handled last minute changes like a champ and took every suggestion and question we had with a smile and genuine desire to help us! If you are getting married in the Asheville area, you would be missing out if you didn't hire Kiersa for your wedding!

Reviewed on 12/03/2015

My wife and I held our wedding and reception just outside of Asheville while we were living in Chapel Hill and Durham, and Kiersa took wonderful care of us in coordinating and executing both events. She set our minds at ease with her professional approach and expertise, but... Read More really won us over with her personalized touch. We happily and highly recommend Kiersa to anyone planning an event and can say from our experience that she is great at what she does.

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Schalk K

If I could give Kiersa 10 stars out of 5, I would! My fiance and I decided that we wanted a fall weekend wedding in Asheville (peak wedding and tourist period) -- the only problem was that we got engaged 5 months prior to our wedding date and we live halfway across the world in... Read More South Africa. Kiersa was a lifesaver. I wish I had found her sooner than I did! She helped us craft our vision for the weekend so perfectly! She was always professional, organized, communicative and most of all was available to Skype or email throughout the entire 5-month period. When you spend that much time working with someone, it's always better if you get along and Kiersa has one of the most pleasant, friendly and calming personas you can ask for. It was truly a pleasure working with her! Both the process and the end-result (the most beautiful, perfect wedding and weekend events) were fantastic. You absolutely cannot go wrong with Kiersa! Book her already!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

When we first were planning our wedding with 250-260 guests, we thought we could handle it all since we are older and are local Asheville people. Thank goodness our caterer contact (Rachel from Corner Kitchen) kindly and gently suggested we might need some help! We chose... Read More Kiersa to help us. She was organized, thoughtful, experienced and calm, calm, calm. Her contacts in the area were especially helpful (flowers, sound guys, rental companies, caterer for rehearsal, etc). Sometimes it is hard to let “professionals” handle things you think you are capable of handling but it is the nicest thing to do for yourself AND for your guests to turn over some of the planning. Kiersa helped us with the actual ceremony (who goes when, where people get seated, getting guests to gather) and it turned out beautifully. We also needed guidance and direction on the reception layout (staging chairs and tables, tent location, table decorations, placement of band). She also helped us keep track of our contracts and kept in constant contact with the folks we hired. We had strong opinions on certain parts of the ceremony and reception, of course – and Kiersa respectfully listened. If she had a differing thoughts on what would work best, she told us gently. In the end, we had EXACTLY what we wanted, with the fine tuning of a pro involved. What else more would you want? She will be the new person in your life that you will want to know forever.

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Heidi V

We can't say enough good things about Kiersa. Even though we hired her for only day of coordination, she went above and beyond even before our special day. She was calm, cool, and collected - absolutely what I needed with all the wedding planning stress! I DIY-ed so much of... Read More my wedding, and she helped pull everything together and make our day perfect. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 Vince M

Kiersa was our wedding planner for our wedding in May of 2015. I honestly do not even know how to describe how incredible and invaluable Kiersa was in the entire process - from planning to execution. She took the stress out of the process, kept us smiling and laughing throughout... Read More it all, and allowed us to focus on the celebration and our family and friends on the actual day. Kiersa truly listened to what our vision was for our day and, through her hard work, the day far exceeded our expectations. Kiersa shines when the stress gets high (at least our stress, she never showed stress). We had a plan a caterer fell through at the last minute, Kiersa had an even better contingency caterer locked in and ready to deliver. She has the relationships locally to handle anything. I cannot say enough about Events By Kiersa. I would use her again for any and every event I could if I lived in the Asheville area and had an event planner need. She is a joy to work with.

Reviewed on 6/24/2015 Sarah C

Kiersa went above and beyond any expectations we could of had as our day of coordinator. We connected early on in the planning process and spent nearly a year prepping with contracts etc. Kiersa made sure everything was very organized and even helped us fix a vendor hiccup that... Read More took place just 8 days before the wedding! Everything went very seamlessly–from the standpoint of the bride and groom– but you never know what vendors deal with on the down low! We had a wonderful wedding day and it was a pleasure to have Kiersa there with us throughout the entire day!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Megan Z

I can relate to everything other reviewers have said about Kiersa. She is absolutely amazing... She went above and beyond every expectation I had for a day of coordinator. Leading up to the wedding, she helped me stay organized, and posed questions and suggestions I wouldn't... Read More have ever thought about on my own. On the day of the wedding, she made it possible for me to enjoy the day fully and not worry about a single detail. She helped the guests get to where they needed to be... she helped set up the decorations... she made sure everything was in order for our slideshow to work. I had an absolute blast on my wedding weekend, and Kiersa honestly was a huge part in making that possible. She's also wonderful to work with in every way.... super calm, fun and thoughtful. I cannot recommend her enough!!!!

Could Not Be More Pleased!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Andrea K

I do not have enough good things to say about Kiersa. She is an absolute MUST for your wedding. Kiersa was able to execute our vision with perfection and kept everything flowing smoothly. She is organized, professional, and works extremely well with all of the vendors. Thank you... Read More Kiersa for coordinating our special day!!

Kiersa is the best

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

Granted, we've only gotten married once, and haven't been intimately involved in any other weddings, but we'd be hard-pressed to say that Kiersa isn't the best wedding planner ever. Not only does she take care of everything before it even dawns on you to think about it, but... Read More everything is handled with seemingly effortless grace. From delivering home runs on the few things we cared about, to taking care of everything else that we didn't really feel like thinking about, Kiersa excelled in pretty much every arena of wedding planning. (And she didn't bat an eyelash over the fact that our wedding was highly non-traditional and we didn't care for most of the standard wedding trappings.) If you're reading this, you're probably looking for a wedding planner. If that's the case, your search should probably be over - just call Kiersa now. Other than getting married, hiring her was probably the best decision we made in the past year.

Kiersa Holy is simply the very best.

Reviewed on 9/21/2014

I am so very glad that we chose Kiersa as our wedding planner! She is bright, imaginative, and fun but in such a low key, warm sort of way, that everyone liked her immediately. She made our son's wedding a dream come true for the both the bride and groom. Kiersa was the... Read More person that actually was able to figured out what the bride was hoping for in her heart and soul for her wedding day. She was able to articulate those ideas and dreams, and helped us make them a reality. She kept everyone on track, found the perfect caterer, the ideal venue, and met every challenge ( and we had quite a few challenges - bride and groom living in another part of the country, bride's family traveling to the wedding from overseas, an enchanted forest/medieval/renaissance theme, several people with food allergies, and both families full of engineers, in other words, dealing with people that are very detailed oriented) with charm, wit, patience, and a dedication to the entire family that was amazing. One of the best thing about Kiersa is that she actually listens to her clients and she has a natural friendliness that makes it easy to talk to her. She always returned phone calls and emails quickly, and was extremely flexible when it came to scheduling visits to venues, tastings with the caterer, planning sessions, etc. AND she did all of this while pregnant and then delivering her second child!!! Just totally amazing. I totally credit Kiersa with helping me maintain my sanity throughout the planning and execution of the wedding. We couldn't, and wouldn't have made it without her expertise.

Events By Kiersa

Reviewed on 6/27/2014

Kiersa is the most wonderful mix of relaxed, positive, and totally professional. I was hesitant to hire a wedding planner because they have the reputation for being type A and controlling, but working with Kiersa was a pure joy. From the get-go, she completely understood the... Read More vision we had for our party, and she worked tirelessly and cheerfully to make all of our dreams for our wedding weekend come true. From small touches to the big picture, from the beginning of the planning almost a year ago to the wrap up meeting we had after our party, I felt completely safe in Kiersa's more than competent hands, and planning the event was so much fun that I was inspired in ways I never even expected. She added ideas that completely fit with our overall vision, and she was totally flexible about making our tiniest or most outlandish ideas "just happen." Her evident enjoyment of her work consistently made me excited for, not stressed about, every aspect of our party. After meeting with Kiersa a week before our event, we completely turned the reins over to her and were able to just totally relax and enjoy our event, confident that it would all be taken care of, which allowed us to be truly present with each other and with the friends and family who had traveled so far to celebrate with us. We just sat back and let it all happen around us, and Kiersa and her team ensured that it happened in a way that was totally easy and elegant; the entire weekend truly went not just without a hitch, but as the most classily relaxed and enjoyable wedding I have ever been to! Ours was a full-weekend event, which involved several of her staff members, who mirror her professionalism and relaxed positivity in every way. There is not a single element of working with Kiersa that I would have changed; every step of the way felt relaxed, professional, tasteful, inspiring, and fun! We are so grateful to her for making our wedding party truly one of the greatest weekends of our lives!

Rebecca Conaty

Reviewed on 6/17/2014

We wanted to make sure our daughter and her future in-laws and we really enjoyed their wedding day and didn't have to worry about the details - and we had a lot of details for their wedding! Ours was a destination wedding so it was important to be able to rely on someone local... Read More to sew the wedding ingredients together and it became clear early on that we needed someone outside the families to take on that role. As an event planner myself, I know the work that goes into behind the scenes efforts . . . the things that no one ever sees or knows about, the could-have-been-a-disaster situations, the anticipation of things that could go wrong. In every aspect of our work with Kiersa Holy - from my first phone conversation with her and Kiersa's first connection with our daughter who was then across the globe . . . all the way through the last moment and detail of the reception and beyond - it was a pleasure. Kiersa helped make the planning and wedding day fun and helped smooth over rough spots that could have been difficult to navigate without her. Kiersa is a true professional in every way; prompt with replies, on top of things we hadn't even thought about, very organized, able to deal with personal issues and needs charitably - and with the greatest of care and we were actually sorry to see our relationship with her understandably come to an end. Just as she became like a friend to those of us involved with the planning, she is treated like a member of the family by the staff at the venue (The Farm), and in fact our first site visit was a busy day for them so they had Kiersa show us around because she knows the place well, their policies, and limitations and from having done many weddings and events there before. It was clear they trust her as they do one of their own staff. The wedding day was special because a lot of work was done by a lot of people to make it so, but Kiersa pulled it all together. We wish we had another daughter getting married in the Ashville area because we would hire Kiersa again in a heartbeat! The best comment describing our daughter's special day was from her father - my husband and handsome Father of the Bride, Chuck Conaty; "I'd like to start that wedding day all over again . . . from the moment I woke up until I went to bed that night. It was so much fun!" . . . mostly because of the care, organization, and personal attention to detail provided by our wedding coordinator, Kiersa Holy. Rebecca Conaty

Thank you Kiersa!

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Allison C

I was one of those brides who originally did not see the full value of spending money on a wedding planner, and boy was I wrong! Kiersa was a joy to work with and was extremely patient, kind, creative and organized! Because we did not get married at a traditional venue, the... Read More space did not come equipped with rentals, or staff, or any of the basics. Kiersa was instrumental in transforming our space into the beautiful setting that it was and making sure that everything got set up properly. Prior to the wedding she set up our rental orders, came up with a layout of the space, made recommendations for vendors, and was always available to answer our endless questions! She truly went above and beyond. By the time the day of the wedding rolled around I can honestly say that my husband and I were stress free (for the most part) because we knew that Kiersa had everything under control. I did not scramble around doing any last minute tasks, I simply relaxed and enjoyed the day. Kiersa's time, expertise, and professionalism is most definitely worth the investment. We could not have pulled everything off without her! - Mike and Allison