The artistry you want -- the personality you need!

**NOW BOOKING 2018!** (Completely booked for 2017.) Artistic talent is a must when seeking the perfect photographer for your perfect wedding day, and Ashley, the owner of and photographer for Fantail Photography, has it in spades. But her personality and experience set her apart from the pack. Her couples love to work side-by-side with her every minute of their special days, as her charisma guides everyone to look like a natural in front of the lens and her drive keeps the day running smoothly. She also has years of wedding experience under her belt and knows how to be in the right place at the right time to capture those amazing candids that everyone loves. Set up a consultation with Ashley now, and you will see why she is the perfect photographer (and personality!) for your day!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

325 South Union Street, Kennett Square, PA (484) 639-5721

Breathtaking Images | Amazing Value | Unparalleled Service

Reviewed on 1/18/2015 Crystal M

We couldn’t possibly suggest strongly enough that you choose Fantail Photography for your upcoming wedding or event. My wife and I chose to go with Fantail for our wedding and reception, and were overjoyed with the results. In fact, no matter what we write in this review, it... Read More couldn’t match the raving of our friends and family over the quality of the work. We’ve had several requests for the contact information of our photographer from people we know looking to get married soon. Ashley from Fantail shot our wedding and reception, with the help of Laura, a second photographer. She also included a complimentary engagement shoot before the wedding, and a walk through of the wedding and reception site, at no extra charge. She was open to the suggestions and input of my bride and I, even allowing my bride to send her a Pinterest link to images she found compelling. Ashley had several conversations with us about our wants, needs, and feelings about our day. Her high-spirited, but low-pressure approach, made us feel at ease with the process. We felt fully engaged, but never nervous or anxious. Not only were the shots beautiful, truly capturing the light and spirit of our day, but we believe they were inventive, well thought out, and offered a unique perspective not only into the occasion, but also into us as a newly married couple. If you’re considering Fantail for your own event, or even if you’re just beginning your search, I urge you not to pass up the opportunity. If nothing else, check out Fantail’s website or Facebook for your own edification. It will be worth it. -The Nickles

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Kevin W

Ashley was amazing! Our pictures look fantastic. She is very easy to work with and provides feedback and suggestions which made our pictures look that much better! We had a second photographer, Joe, who was amazing as well! I highly suggest Fantail for your event!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Casey M

I can't say enough amazing things about Fantail Photography. Ashley was fantastic from the moment we met her. The passion for her work shines through just in speaking with her. Not to mention the great value of her photography packages...I haven't seen any that compare. We had... Read More zero hesitation booking Ashley for the big day. On the day, Ashley and Joe were extremely professional and personable. They made my camera shy partner feel comfortable in front of the camera, and they made me laugh even though I couldn't stop crying from pure joy. Our sneak peek photos were a treat to behold the next day, and we couldn't wait to see what else was in store when we got the rest in a few weeks. Needless to say, the pictures are stunning, and we love having them in our home and sharing them with family and friends. All I can say is book this amazing team, you will be grateful you did.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Liz S

Ashley did an AMAZING job with our engagement photos. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Vanessa R

Ashley was amazing! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect fit for our wedding. She listened and captured all the right details and elements from the wedding. She really has an eye for photography with the beautiful shots she did for our engagement shoot and for our wedding.... Read More She was able to give us gorgeous pictures we will cherish for our lifetime.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 lindsey w

Ashley was very easy to get along with! She provided quick response to emails and answered all questions and concerns in a timely fashion. The day of our wedding she also brought a second photographer, Joe, to capture even more of our moments! Her turnaround time was quick to... Read More get our beautiful shots to us! We have been told by several people that our pictures belong in a magazine. We are truly so excited to show off our wedding photos to family and friends! Thank you to Fantail Photography for capturing our day and giving us memories that will last a lifetime!!!

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Sara D

There are not enough stars in the world to rate Fantail Photography--I cannot recommend them highly enough! The owner, Ashley, is not only an incredibly talented artist, she also is able to flawlessly walk the line between professional and goofy, with an enthusiastic but relaxed... Read More demeanor that immediately put everyone at ease. When my husband and I first spoke with her, we immediately clicked. She understood exactly what we were looking for, knew exactly how to achieve it, and we never felt pressured on anything. She was willing to answer all my dumb questions which she undoubtedly hears from every bride, and was full of advice on other planning decisions, to best ensure that the photos fit INTO the day rather than interrupted it. This turned out to be exactly what happened: every single person in my wedding party told me how much fun they had taking pictures, and how surprised they were that it wasn't the tedious chore they expected. Most importantly, the pictures were absolutely stunning. Our wedding was in early December, so the scenery we were working with was pretty bleak and desolate. But she actually took advantage of that scenery in such a way that she was able to incorporate it into the overall aesthetic of the day rather than simply avoiding or minimizing it. She not only captured the events of the day, but also the mood, the emotion. Looking at the pictures now, I'm instantly transported right back to those moments--which is fun now, a couple months after the wedding, but something I will only treasure more as time goes on and the memories start to fade. THANK YOU to Ashley and Joe for the incredible work. We will definitely be working with them in the future, and if you're looking for a photographer, you'll find none better!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Amanda C

My (new) husband and I had Ashley and her second, Joe, shoot our wedding and are so incredibly pleased with the results! We absolutely love our photos and working with Ashley was a dream. She is very responsive and professional, while also making us feel like we'd been friends... Read More for years. Ashley happily drove quite a distance to visit our venue and scope out the surroundings, and was really creative in finding the right places to shoot photos day-of. We didn't have the most photo-friendly lighting for the big day but she somehow made every photo look incredible. We are especially happy with how a lot of our guest photos turned out, and she made sure to grab some key shots of friends and family that we thought were important. We got quite a few extra photos and have just had a bunch turned into a photo album for our families! We got our photos around 6 weeks after our wedding and are looking forward to sharing them with everyone (once we go through them all!). Overall, very happy with Ashley and Joe's work!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Wayne G

We could not have chosen a better photographer for our wedding day. Ashley was amazing on all levels. She was incredibly responsive and accommodating. Ashley has a great technical eye (especially for lighting), while developing a completely natural style. She captured some great... Read More moments that we will be able to share for a lifetime. We were completely blown away by the photos that she produced . We are so unbelievably happy that we got Fantail Photography’s services. Ashley truly captured a special day for us and our family. We couldn’t be more thankful

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Melanie S

After the venue, a photographer was the second most important thing to us during wedding planning. After looking through a bunch of different photographers' and studios' portfolios and emailing around, Ashley was super quick to respond and was available to meet up almost... Read More immediately! I loved every single photo from previous weddings that Ashley shot, so we were super excited after meeting her how personable, knowledgeable, affordable, and prepared she was in answering all of our questions and concerns. We had a lot of fun at our engagement shoot even though the weather was less than ideal, but it created a bunch of cool shots and Ashley was totally prepared for it! We had so much fun at the wedding with Ashley and Joe, getting a bunch of shots pre-ceremony even though the venue was hard to navigate around. Even though it was a busy time for Ashley, she got up a photo that night for us to see and posted a full sneak peak album later the next day! Now that we have all our photos back I can't stop looking at them, it's going to be hard picking out favorites to print.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Aimee M

As soon as we began planning our wedding, we knew we wanted Ashley to be our wedding photographer. I was familiar with some of the outstanding work she did previously and was thrilled that she was available for our wedding date! The initial consultation went well, Ashley showed... Read More us more of her great work and her personality really matched with us. She also did our engagement photos which were so much fun. She made us feel comfortable and natural. On our wedding day, Ashley and her second (Joe) were excellent at getting everyone where they needed to be for pictures and then were great at fading into the background and getting candid shots. She recommended having a second photographer and we trusted her and we were glad we added a second to capture so many additional shots. By the time we got home from the reception, she had already posted 20+ amazing photos that our families loved! We couldn't believe how quickly she had them available for us and we could not be more happy with Fantail!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016

Ashley is the best! She is an attentive, affordable, talented, and super fun photographer to work with! We hired her on relatively short-notice, and we were thrilled with her service prior, during, and after our wedding. I would absolutely recommend her to my friends!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Alyssa J

I truly cannot thank Ashley and Fantail Photography enough for everything she has done for us. She is always super professional and is not afraid to go any length to get 'the shot'. One of the most important aspects for us was to have our day well documented through pictures and... Read More Ashley went above and beyond to deliver just that! She is so easy to work with and super personable, which makes the whole experience better! She worked closely with us until the day of, catering to my extensive list of pictures i definitely wanted (even taming our rowdy groomsman, which was a miracle in itself!) The way her and Joe work so well together and their use of natural light is just the cherry on sundae! I recommend Fantail photography to anyone who truly wants the BEST in the business and wants their day to be captured PERFECTLY!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Carla H

We absolutely LOVED working with Ashley! Not only is her work amazing, her herself is an amazing person! Finding the right photographer, you can rely on to capture the essence and beauty of a wedding can be a stressful task for any bride. But, after just a few minutes with... Read More Ashley, we knew we were in good hands! We felt like we've know her for years! She works masterfully with symmetry and lighting to capture moments in the most creative and elegant ways possible. We loved the way she and her team interacted with us and our guests to make us feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire wedding. Our guests couldn’t stop talking about how much they loved our photographer! Outside of being an awesome photographer, Ashley is an amazing person. She’ll make you laugh and keeps the mood light with her awesome personality. She captures emotion at its purest and most candid moments, so that when you look back, you can easily relive those precious moments. We can’t stop looking at our photos and reliving the day over and over! Ashley definitely helped make our day feel even more special, and we’re so incredibly happy with our choice of using Fantail Photography as our photographer to capture the most important day of our lives. We will forever recommend Fantail Photography to our family and friends!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Christina H

Ashley and Joe were amazing. I have a very busy schedule and wasn't able to do a consultation beforehand, so I was a little nervous on what the vibe would be since it would be my first time meeting them on my wedding day. Everything was so laid back and relaxed. I hate posing... Read More for photos, but I was able to laugh and have fun and not really worry about the camera. Ashley has a fun personality that kept us laughing. Cost was also a very important variable for us. Fantail Photography offers packages to accommodate every budget. Another thing I was really excited about was the fact that the very same night Ashley had already put up a sneak peak photo of the wedding. The next day she had put up even more photos. I had an excellent experience with Fantail Photography and definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Brian B

Cannot say enough good things about Fantail photography, and about our wonderful experience with working with Ashley. She is extraordinarily professional, creative, FAST (our photos were finished in less than a week from our wedding!!), and produces quality work to boot. This... Read More was our first time working with a professional photographer and let me say, she has set the bar high!!! Her prices are VERY reasonable, no doubt. My husband and I decided to "splurge" on our wedding photographer, as everything else about our wedding was pretty low-budget (buffet style, 50 ppl, ceremony & reception at family's house, we played music from Spotify playlists on my aunts sonos sound system), and boy are we glad we did. Book Ashley, and while you're at it book a second photographer that she works with, too. This is one thing I wish we did differently, just because I couldn't get enough of Fantail Photography's work!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016

Ashley is seriously a work of art, both in regards to her personality and her photography skills. From the moment I met her at a bridal expo, I knew she needed to be our photographer for our wedding. Fitting enough, she is the freelance photographer to the venue where we got... Read More married, where she knew the venue like the back of her hand. From our first meeting, she was always professional. She took into consideration what we thought was important and turned our vision of our wedding day into a masterpiece. Because of her, we have these beautiful memories to last us a lifetime. She made the entire bridal party feel completely at ease, especially myself with the impending 100% chance of rain. She even went above and beyond her duties promising me that if the weather was less than perfect, we’d have a rain date for just my husband and I. She fit right in and by the end of the entire process, felt like our family. Her second shooter Joe was also fantastic, always capturing candid moments that are impossible to get with just one shooter. Her timing of getting the photos back to us is almost unheard of. The night of our wedding we had almost 25 photos as our sneak peak, and in just one weeks time had all of our photos back. I cannot speak highly enough of Ashley and Fantail Photography as a whole. I will always recommend her, and even my maid of honor is using her for her wedding this up coming August! Ashley is definitely a force to be reckoned with in the photography world, and she with out a doubt one of the highlights of our wedding day. If you are in need of a professional, kind hearted and extremely reasonably priced photographer, look no further than Ashley and Fantail Photography.

Reviewed on 5/22/2016

Ashley and Joe are amazing at their job!!!! Ashley has a personality that just makes you feel comfortable and at ease. Not only that she is beyond affordable and seems to love her job. I got many complements through the night at how attentive she is to detail and making sure she... Read More gets every moment captured. We were lucky enough to get our pictures back quickly and they are just amazing. I would recommend her for any life event that you want to capture.

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Erin M

When my husband and I met Ashley for the first time, we knew instantly that she was going to be our photographer! Ashley's personality makes you feel that you have known her for years. She is so easygoing and makes you feel super comfortable. From the beginning she was willing... Read More to work with my budget and make sure we got exactly what we wanted despite not having a huge budget. On our wedding day, Ashley was fantastic!! Our bridal party and I couldn't stop saying how motivating she was and how she made us feel like supermodels. She made sure to stick with our timeline without making us feel rushed, and was able to corral my huge group of family members with ease. During our ceremony and reception, she stayed out of the way while still managing to capture every moment! Her artistry is amazing and the pictures she took were beyond my expectations. Some of the Pictures she took look like they are straight out of a bridal magazine! I am more than happy with our choice in using Fantail and I can't wait until the next big event in my life so I can use her again!!

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Cynthia

Ashley and Joe were awesome! They photographed our wedding at Hotel du Pont and I couldn't be happier about how the pictures turned out! They are amazing! Ashley did a great job at capturing all the important moments and emotions of the night. I highly recommend Fantail!

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 MaryFaith M

My husband and I had a blast working with Ashley. She was energetic and listened to what we wanted. Out guests raved about her personality. We got our pictures back in record time! The shots are unique and captured every moment of our special day. If you're looking for an... Read More fun, creative, and outstanding photographer for your special day, Fantail Photography is the way to go.

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Rosemary K

We met Ashley at a bridal show and loved her enthusiasm and spunk! Meeting up with her and checking out some of her work just sealed the deal for us, but we loved her personality from the beginning and knew we wanted her to shoot our wedding! Ashley was so fun to work with. It... Read More seemed like she was just as excited about our wedding as we were, and it never felt like work to her. She was a delight to work with from our engagement shoot, to a secret boudoir shoot for my hubs, and through our wedding ceremony and reception. Honestly, the JAW DROPPING pics of our wedding day were just the icing on the cake. The 700+ pictures she gave us were perfection. I seriously laughed and cried looking at them, and although I have had them for several months, I find myself looking at them at least once a week. Her prices were extremely reasonable, and the quality was superb. My husband & I plan on using her for family portraits forever!

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Robin B

Loved working with Ashley for my wedding. She is both professional and talented. The pictures are yours, once she is finished editing (no funny business with having to buy them through her for prints). I will be sure to call her in the future if i ever need a photographer again.... Read More All of my friends, and guests loved her as well. Thank you Ashley

Reviewed on 11/24/2015

We are truly in love with the pictures we just received from Ashley and Joe from our wedding in October and so is everyone who we have shared them with. Our guests adored her and and comment how much she put them at ease, especially my usually sometimes uncooperative 4 year old... Read More daughter She was able to capture some lovely shots of her. And the packages are so reasonable! So happy to have found her and hope to use her again for family shots soon!

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Kara P

We had our wedding at the end of October. We used Fantail Photography I'm so happy we did. Ashley and her second, Joe were amazing! They were very organized! Ashley gave us a fantastic deal! We did our engagement pictures with her early in the year. It was a great way to get to... Read More know her not to mention the gorgeous pictures we ended up with. After working with us 7 hours Ashley went home after our wedding and put up a couple of sneak peaks! Couldnt have picked a better photographer, she easy to work with not to mention fun! But Most of all her pictures are stunning, I'm so happy that we will have these photos for a lifetime!

Ashley Black

I am an intense, driven small business owner who absolutely loves my job. No, really, I do -- I want to do this for the rest of my life! Always a creative spirit, traveling the world honed my passion for my craft and founding a company based around it cemented it. To be able to support myself and my incredible daughter (and photographer-in-training) with it still astounds me daily. In whatever free time I can scrounge, I am a major geek. I like to play video games, read comics and fantasy novels, and go to conventions. It's true!