Greatime DJ

Rocky Mountain Resort Region | Denver | Surrounding Areas

Your vision. Our passion

Your wedding day should be unique and never predictable. That's why we listen to you to understand your vision to create an evening of entertainment that reflects your individual style. You'll receive detailed attention and excellent service in the planning process and on your special day. To make your life easy we also provide ceremony sound, photo booths, accent lighting, dance floors and screen and projectors. Just let Office Manager Monica Martin know what you need and we take care of everything.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

PO Box 2202, Avon, CO Rocky Mountain Resort Region | Denver | Surrounding Areas (970) 845-8566

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Dana S

Thomas was our DJ and he was perfect. My husband and I are rather introverted, so we were a little worried about the reception being a little awkward since this guy is a complete stranger. He was excellent. Awesome MC and played everything we wanted and nothing we didn't. He... Read More respected our no play list (despite guests requesting the songs) and made the night flow perfectly.

Bob was the best!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Alaina R

Bob Bridges was our DJ, and he was amazing. Greatime had great prices, awesome tools that made it easy to submit do not play lists, must play lists, schedules, etc. Day-of, Bob was great. He was there early, set up for indoor (for reception) and outdoor (for the cocktail... Read More hour) music, and stuck to everything we asked for. He really kept the flow of the night going as well, playing more classics earlier on and more up tempo hits as the night went on, really reading the crowd well. We loved him!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Lisa U

Our DJ Fred H. was phenomenal. He was very professional and had a call with us prior to the wedding to talk thru our vision. During the event, he was really great at feeling the crowd. We wanted a DJ who was somewhat involved, but not too involved - he did exactly that! We... Read More couldn't have asked for a better DJ, and am so thankful for Greatime DJ!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Lisa U

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Christie K

We could not have chosen better by having Greatime DJ at our event. Fred was incredible and was really in tune with what the guests wanted to dance to. He made sure that we had a great time and kept our guest dancing all night! We have received so many compliments about our DJ!... Read More Fred was professional, aware and a ton of fun to work with!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Brooke L

Erik was fantastic and made our wedding day so special. Everyone was dancing all night and he was very professional. Thanks Erik!

2017-09-18T14:35:00 Response from the vendor

Thank You! Enjoy married life! erik :)

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Susan P

I hate to say it, but I was disappointed with Erik for our wedding. As a person, he was super nice, but there were a few issues. 1) He cut off all of the first dances (bride/groom, father/bride, groom/mother). I don't know if he was bored or what, but my husband only danced... Read More with his mom for under half of their song. 2) He played music that we asked him not to, including "Get Low" by Lil Jon, "sweat drop down my balls" is not something we wanted to my Grandma, parents, or any respectable guests to hear. Even after I asked him to turn off this song, he played others like it including Snoop Dogg and other rap. I left the dancefloor a lot because I really didn't like the music 3) He disregarded many of our requests because he was excited to have people on the dance floor. What he didn't notice is that it was only the younger people on the dance floor, something we specifically wanted to avoid. 4) I had a list of firm do not plays and a few got played. I just felt like he didn't listen to us, which was a big bummer. Everything leading up to the event was super easy and Erik and his staff were always very friendly.

2017-08-10T20:47:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to post this honest review. It's hard to read as I love seeing my brides happy. I'm so sorry this was your perception of the evening. I'm used to receiving 5-star reviews consistently and thought the night went very... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Kylie F

Our guests cannot stop talking about how amazing our reception was because of the music. Fred was awesome! He was professional, listened to our requests, and played music that had our guests dancing all night. He was the best wedding DJ!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Natalie S

My husband and I hired Fred from Greatime DJ for our June 2017 wedding in Colorado. We actually hired Fred based on a friend’s recommendation and were not disappointed. About a month before the wedding, we were asked detailed questions about the reception, expectations for the... Read More DJ, and music selection. We wanted Fred to have a more muted presence but still get guests up and dancing. The music selection was amazing. Numerous guests commented on the quality of the music and we had guests dancing until the very end. Additionally, we had an unusual request for our first dance song - a live version of a Sinatra cover. Fred was able to track down the exact version we wanted. We cannot recommend Fred and Greatime DJ highly enough.

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Karmen B

DJ Fred was fantastic! He did all of the music - ceremony, cocktails, dinner and dancing - for our wedding, and every song was on point! He seamlessly created an amazing dancing atmosphere for our small (35 guest) wedding. I was worried that with a small guest list we might not... Read More have much dancing, but I clearly had no reason to worry at all! I would recommend this company to anyone!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Greatime DJ!! Monica was extremely responsive and flexible during the booking process. DJ Fred was our DJ for the wedding night and we couldn’t have been happier with him. He was so personable and just played great music! He kept us on... Read More schedule (which I appreciated) and made it a night we will never forget. The dance floor was never empty and I have DJ Fred to thank for that, he watched the crowd and played what they wanted to hear. I wouldn’t recommend anyone but Greatime DJ for your wedding or event. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lauren S

DJ Daboco was fantastic! He was everything we could have hoped for on our wedding day. He got the crowd dancing while also keeping in mind our requested songs. Great Time DJ was super easy to work with, and we really appreciate that!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Paige W

Erik at A Great Time DJ was absolutely incredible. Our experience with Great Time DJ, and specifically, Erik, exceeded even our greatest expectations. When I first connected with Erik about our wedding reception, I said that our number one goal was to have as many people out on... Read More the dance floor as possible at all times. Erik delivered exactly that. He was able to flawlessly cater to our diverse guest list and build a playlist that incorporated a wide range of song requests without things ever feeling disjointed or slow moving. It was seriously perfect. We had at least a dozen different wedding guests tell us that our wedding reception was the funnest wedding party they had ever been to, and their experience was in large part due to Erik's excellent DJ'ing. He delivered the perfect balance of interactivity with the crowd along with stretches of awesome music that appealed to our varied guest ages of 30-60 somethings. Many thanks for helping make our wedding day so memorable!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 lindsey anne g

Erik DJ'd our August wedding and he was worth every single penny. I knew music would be an important part of the night and Erik had literally every single one of our guests on the dance floor. We received so many compliments on him and I would recommend him over and over again.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Kara W

I can't begin to tell you how thankful Jay and I are for such a spectacular wedding day! Take me back! :) We had Erik as our DJ and he kept the party going all night! I didn't worry about a thing. He was wonderful and his playlist was awesome. He really listened to what we... Read More wanted. We have had so many guests comment about how perfect the day was and sing your praises. Everyone had such a wonderful time and I know that was because of you. Thank you again for making our day so special! Kara & Jay 09.30.16

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Stephanie M

DJ Fred was the DJ at our wedding at The Westin in Avon 10-1-16. I went to a wedding in 2012 and everybody was so impressed with how amazing the DJ was so when I got engaged I tracked him down....turns out it was Fred! He was the first vendor I locked down over a year ago.... Read More Monica, Fred and the whole team at Greatime DJ have been so great! Fred and I chatted after I gave him a specific list (for ceremony, cocktail, dinner) and he was so excited that it got me even more excited! He is so damn good at his job and reading the crowd. He was able to figure out what songs were crowd pleasers and just kept surprising the guests in the best way. Our dance floor was packed the whole night. Much like the wedding I attended in 2012. Multiple people have asked me for the playlist from the night. Music was one of the expenses that was most important to me and it was worth every penny! Rock on DJ Fred!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Lindsay H

A GreatTime DJs was absolutely wonderful to work with, and our DJ Fred did a fantastic job both in the planning process and at our wedding. He took our music preferences and created an amazing setlist of songs that was just perfect. I liked how he incorporated music pieces that... Read More related to our lives as these details came out during toasts. That goes above and beyond what was expected. Fred was wonderful, and I would highly recommend greattime DJ and DJ Fred again to anyone who needs DJ services for an event. We had such a fun time listening and dancing to the music DJ Fred selected.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Nicola M

We used Great Time Dj's for our wedding reception 9/3/16 and I cannot say enough about how wonderful they were. Leading up to the wedding they stayed in contact with us, and answered any questions we may have had. Great Time DJ's are professional, organized and excellent at what... Read More they do. We had DJ Fred for our reception and he really lived up to his awesome reputation as the best in the valley. He played all of our favorite music and then some. Our guests danced all night long and raved about how much fun they had and how much they loved the DJ. I highly recommend Great Time DJ's!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Kristin F

We had DJ Erik for both our ceremony and reception. He was incredible at both of them! For our ceremony, he mic'd up both our officiant and the groom and all of our guests could hear everything! At the reception, he knew how to get the crowd going and provided us with great... Read More advice which kept the party flowing! Guests commented on his professionalism and how awesome he was!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Emmy jo P

There was good communication throughout. The owner and Monica and Eric are dynomite I!!!' Just make sure if your very particular about your music to get the Dj planning tool early to enter your songs in their internet program! :' our Dj was a little underwhelming but I also... Read More didn't give him any key points to announce so that my fault as well. Overall he played one song twice accidentally but we had w good time!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Katy R

Great time DJ, specifically Erik and Fred were awesome. Fred was our DJ and we absolutely LOVED him!!! He was such an excellent listener and great day of the event type of guy. He went with the flow, stayed calm and was just amazing. Charlie and I were thrilled to have him on... Read More our big day. Thanks so much!

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Monica M

Erik was our DJ and he was an absolute pleasure to work with! My husband and I knew that after our first meet and great we wanted to hire him. He knows exactly what to do, how to stay according to a timeline so the bride doesn't have to worry, and how to keep the party going.... Read More The day of our wedding was great from start to finish. He was there setting up on the deck of Timber Ridge, in Keystone, CO for our ceremony and then indoors for our reception. He had all the songs that we wanted - they have a huge database. It was important to my husband and I that our guests and ourselves all had a great time to relax, let loose and party. Erik did exactly that, had great music choices and never let the party stop. We were so lucky to have him help make our wedding absolutely perfect and special.

Perfect DJ

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Nicky M

Fred was great. He lived up to his reputation as best in the valley!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2015

If you can, get DJ Fred Hammond from Greatime DJ for your wedding or other event. He was fantastic! He moved around for us—starting at the ceremony site at the Vail Wedding Deck and then setting up at Donovan Pavilion for the reception. He is so good at sizing up the crowd... Read More and playing appropriate music. His choices for the dance segment were spot on and when the dancing ended we all wanted more. I guess that’s the sign of a good party! Leave them wanting more! And that’s what Fred did! Kudos to him and thanks so, so much!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 J O

A Great Time DJ as a whole was great to work with, especially Erik who I believe is the owner, but our specific DJ was terrible and pretty much ruined the dance portion of our reception. Our initially conversation went well and he seemed like a very nice and accommodating person... Read More which he was throughout the entire time but I was deeply disappointed with this DJing skills and his lack of reading a crowd and dance floor. There were also a few glitches during our communication up to the wedding which made me nervous and I should've listened to my instincts. Erik was the primary person who was helping us and managing our song requests but I think somehow it got lost in translation to our DJ. We had asked for our DJ to cut down the time to our first dance song but he didn't do it and we were left dancing for a full 4 minutes for our first dance and it felt like forever!!! We also gave him a list of songs to play and while he did play them, he didn't do a good job segueuing to the next song so the beat would be super fast and then suddenly jump to a slower song. There were times when the crowd was really into a song and he just cut the song off early and went to the next one. People started to get frustrated and stopped dancing and I think this led to an early wedding night for our guests. I was pretty disappointed overall and wish we had chosen a different DJ - but how do you gauge that this is going to happen?

2016-10-02T08:38:02 Response from the vendor

We apologize and take full responsibility for this dj's unimpressive performance. Although he was an incredibly sweet person with experience he just wasn't up to our standards and we've parted ways.

Erik Vienneau

Although your first contact will be with Monica Martin our Office Manager I wanted to say hello here on The Knot. Congratulations on your engagement from myself and greatime co-owner Fred Hammond. We know that you are looking forward to celebrating your commitment and love for each other with your friends and family on your upcoming special day. Our commitment to you is straightforward. We treat you like a dear friend/family from our first contact through your big day and beyond. You will be taken excellent care of every step of the way. We can't wait to serve you!