GREEN FOURTEEN

We travel anywhere in the United States. :)

6 HRS of NON STOP Music & JAM PACKED DANCE FLOORS!

We are the very proud to be the winner of 5 BEST OF THE KNOT Awards and The Knots prestigious HALL OF FAME award. Please view our 160 verified reviews here on the Knot! HAVING TROUBLE FINDING OUR 300 LIVE VIDEOS FROM CLIENT WEDDINGS? Please go directly to our website (gte.me) to view everything! :)

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Music, Rentals + Equipment

Chicago, IL
We travel anywhere in the United States. :)

Great Band - Professional Artists

Reviewed on 11/05/2014

In planning our reception we were looking for four things from the band: -Great product - the quality of their sound and presentation needed to be top tier. -High energy - ability to get the dance floor full and keep it that way the entire night. -Ability to operate... Read More independently - as busy professionals planning a wedding we wanted a band that we could give high level direction to and they take care of the rest with limited additional input from us. -Good value - The mix of total cost versus band pieces and options included needed to be optimal. In all four of these areas, Green Thirteen exceeded expectations. Their sound & presentation were a cut above the other bands we saw when looking at options and have seen at other weddings. For a 130 person wedding to have a full dance floor for 3 straight hours (they took no breaks, a surefire momentum killer!) is very difficult to do. We had one meeting with Patrick to provide direction and hardly talked to him again until the start of the reception. He was organized, asked the right questions and most importantly got everything right. The total cost was slightly below quotes we received from other bands and more pieces and lighting were included. Two examples illustrate the difference between Green Thirteen and other bands: -When researching bands, we saw them play at a suburban Chicago bar with less than ideal demographics for us to compare. Our wedding was primarily mid 30 year olds, this bar was older. The bar was rocking. After 2 songs it was clear this is one of the best cover bands we have seen. Other bands we saw had better settings yet markedly less energy in the crowd. -At the reception, guests that don't dance were dancing and afterwards unprompted feedback from everyone was glowing. That just doesn't happen unless the band killed it. We have and will continue to highly recommend Green Thirteen to others. Thank you Patrick, great job!

Green 13 is THE wedding band to book!

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Lisa H

Green 13 was one of the best parts of my wedding! Patrick was a pleasure to work with and did an amazing job staying in constant communication with me so the wedding day would go perfect...and it did! He was professional while staying light hearted and working with me every... Read More moment up until the big day. On the wedding day everything went flawless from the DJ'd ceremony to the live band set. We paid for an extra hour of live band (4 hours total) plus a saxophone player and it was beyond worth it! The band rocked the crowd all the way to the end and we have been hearing rave reviews ever since! I would HIGHLY recommend Green 13 to any couple looking for an organized band leader and a great group of musicians to blow your wedding reception right out of the water! Love everything about them!

Hero of the Day!!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2014

Patrick and his band was the highlight of our reception. Our guests to this day still comment on how great Green Thirteen was. His preparation, organization, and availability made the planning process so stress free. If it wasn't for his great attention to detail, me and my... Read More wife would have been truly unprepared and I feel that he cared for our reception to be a true success. Our reception was at Cafe Brauer in December. By chance the weather ended up being a beautiful 51 degree day in the middle of winter. It was a blessing, yet the warm weather also brought this unholy traffic in Chicago the likes of which god has never seen!!! About 3/4 of our guests were late and Patrick made the offer to delay the start until everyone arrived and continued the cocktail hour to keep the guests that were there at ease. That offer hit home for me as any other "band" would have kept to the timeline or charge extra, etc.. What I love about Patrick and Green Thirteen is their ability to adapt on the fly without any hesitation. I would highly recommend them for their professionalism and more importantly the ability to exceed ones expectations. They truly were the icing on our wedding cake!!! Thank You Patrick & Green Thirteen!!!

STOP LOOKING. BOOK THIS BAND. MOVE ON TO THE REST OF YOUR TO-DO LIST!

Reviewed on 12/27/2013 Kristyn B

My husband and I were planning a wedding in 10 weeks. We found our vendors quickly, except the band. We met with lots of folks, and just couldn’t get a good vibe. I came across Patrick about 4 weeks before our wedding; he emailed me back within 5 minutes of writing him. After... Read More exchanging about a dozen emails in about an hour, it was clear that he was a fun, personable, passionate, responsible band leader. We booked him! (And were excited when, the next morning, we had multiple emails from other bands saying, “We are booked on your date but you should try GREEN THIRTEEN because they are amazing!”.) Next up, we met up and had a long conversation where it was clear that Patrick was trying to get a sense of who we are as a couple, our personality, our interests. Patrick was never in a hurry in this meeting, rather, it felt like he would have sat there with us for as many hours as it took to get all the information he needed, from logistics to how to pronounce the bridal party’s names. (Their pre-meeting planning packet is awesome!!! They’re the only band I talked to who had something like that, and it just shows how organized they are.) Next Patrick created an amazing, detailed timeline, minute by minute, of the evening. For someone like me who plans events and is highly organized, this was awesome. I realized that I could let go of some of the control I knew I’d be trying to have (as a producer, I can’t help myself!) on that night. And sure enough, it was true. I totally trusted in Patrick to hit all the beats, speeches, special dances, etc, that we had talked about. He didn’t miss a thing. Not only did he do everything that we had talked about, he did MORE. We had a small wedding, about 80 people. One of the things we hadn’t thought about in terms of having a small wedding is that sometimes the dance floor can look EMPTY. When you have 250 people, it’s always full (if the band is good!) and if a dozen or so people take off early, it’s no big deal. We had an older crowd, and people did leave early to get home to babysitters. And I was a bit freaked out that people were leaving and that not enough people would dance. But… the music came on, and it was so good, that everyone who was still there was out on that dance floor. Now, here comes the amazing part: in the back of my mind, I knew that when the band was going to take their ONE scheduled break (most bands I talked to take at least two, and sometimes three or four) that we would probably lose a bunch of people who would stop, maybe even go home, and the second set would be pretty empty (and sad!). I was so happy when the minutes passed by and the band kept playing, because I was dreading them breaking and people heading home. But… an hour went by, a second hour went by, more time went by and I realized… THEY WERE NOT STOPPING! I leaned in to my husband and said, “Patrick knows that if he takes a break, we’re going to lose the rest of our party goers. I think he’s just playing straight through.” And that is exactly what he did. He and the band played for about 3 hours and 15 minutes with not a single minute of break. He SAVED my wedding!! I was so worried that the last 90 minutes would be empty and a waste, and he totally saved the day. I’m not even exaggerating. He read the room, and he knew what to do without even asking me or me having to say anything. It was amazing. The Knot says I'm out of room, so if you want the rest, email me at [email protected]

Reviewed on 2/20/2016 Genevieve C

These guys are for real. Green Fourteen did an AMAZING job at our wedding in February! Music was the most important part of my wedding day so I did my research to find the right band for our wedding and Green Fourteen was the right choice. Patrick and his team performed... Read More perfectly at our reception and I have received tons of compliments from our guests on how good the band was. Almost every guest said that the band was the best wedding band they've ever heard. Patrick is VERY organized and responsive which helps put any nervous jitters for brides to rest. The band does a great job of playing classic songs that get everyone on the dance floor to the newer/popular songs. I was literally on the dance floor all night. I highly recommend Green Fourteen for your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Mary H

This band played for our 9/5/15 wedding and it was AMAZING!!! Such nice people, awesome music, and a packed dancefloor. People raved all night about how great they were and are still telling me. This group was one of my favroite things about the day. I 100% recommend this group.... Read More Also, a shoutout to Patrick who made the whole process worry-free!! THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Tamara P

High recommendations for this orchestra! We used Green Fourteen for our wedding, and what drew us to them was that there is only one band with no substitutions. The band we auditioned was the band that did our wedding. We got to work directly with Patrick to plan all our... Read More details and song list. We had several unique song selections and the band learned them perfectly. Everything was just great. The singers are amazing and we felt so comfortable knowing that Patrick had everything under control and was really there for us. I cannot give them a higher recommendation.

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 josh m

This band is GREAT! We loved working direct with Patrick. He helped guide us along so that we felt comfortable with what arrangement we chose and how the flow of the night would be. He takes care of everything and keeps the stress off of you! Honestly, you can’t appreciate that... Read More until after its all over. The process of booking this band was just simple and fun for us. The thing we loved best about them was the huge variety of songs they had choose from. They could play just about anything and the brass section was great. Nothing but positive things to say about this band. Thrilled with them. Patrick, you are the man!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Andrew D

I cannot say enough positive things about this amazing band! The sound, the song range, the service. My wife and I (and importantly, our guests) were thrilled with everything they brought to the table. Everyone commented on what a fun wedding reception it was. We would choose... Read More them again in a heartbeat. In planning for our wedding, Patrick was great to work with. He made it very easy for us to let him know what kind of music we liked without painstakingly choosing every song for the night. The choices are extensive with a ton of variety and a great mix of old and new. Everyone was dancing all night, and truthfully with the songs played, it would be hard to NOT dance! Thanks guys!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Allison E

THANK YOU PATRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Patrick is incredibly kind and patient and most of all truly wants your vision and your dreams to come true on your day. The next day everyone was asking how we found them, and who they were. They were truly there to entertain and make a lasting... Read More impression on all of us. I would recommend Green Fourteen to anyone who asks!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 carla h

5 STARS***** I can not say enough good things about Green Fourteen and Patrick! They were so flexible with our last minute changes to our reception plans and did a great job of incorporating my guests in every capacity. They have a lot of variety and they really set the tone for... Read More a great party. I would recommend them to everyone! Talented & fun!

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 tom a

Our most ORGANIZED vendor! We did our homework and searched for the right band and found Green Fourteen. We were able to see them at another wedding before signing our contract which was GREAT. I highly recommend seeing your band in action before signing the dotted line. It... Read More will surely put all of your fears to rest on the band or dj thing. Green Fourteen KILLED IT! As far as all the details are concerned, I always wanted everything to be in its place and go just right obviously and Patrick was our needle in the haystack. ORGANIZED, ORGANIZED, ORGANIZED! We noticed his enthusiasm right away, and more importantly his attention to detail & our needs. We really didn’t have any reservations on the reception and the flow of the evening...and it went absolutely perfect. Patrick took care of everything. Professional in every sense of the word. The biggest compliment we've gotten from our wedding was "Oh my gosh, that BAND!!" That pretty much sums up the night. Everyone loved them and the two of us didn’t leave the dance floor. I asked them to do something special just for my bridesmaids and they did without asking why. Another great attribute. I can definitely say that they played a major part in what made our day so special! Thank you once again Patrick and Green Fourteen.

2015-05-14T20:53:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you Tom for the many kind words and as well as for following up with us! We hope to see you at another family celebration soon. Please pass on a recommendation to anyone looking for entertainment. Thank you for having Green Fourteen as part... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 katherine s

Thank you for the fabulous wedding! From the start, Patrick put all of our concerns to rest. We met with him a couple of times, and he was really great at putting things together. The entire process was highly professional, and was tailored to what we were looking for. We have... Read More to tell you, this band played such a huge part in our very successful day. We had a great time and our guests can't stop talking about the band. Patrick is also a wonderful host. He takes into account all the special things you want for your wedding and puts them all together for a customized personal experience. He also helps you create a timeline and basically makes sure everything happens when it is supposed to. Weddings can get crazy even if you plan for them not to be, and Patrick was consistently the person we could count on to be organized and two steps ahead. The band was great in encouraging guests to dance and have a good time. Patrick also surprised us by adding complimentary members to the band. It was a total surprise to us and we are so appreciative of that. Thank you again Patrick! We were floored by the amount of energy the band brought to the night. The group never took a break for three hours. It was a great feeling and a wonderful vibe in the room. They really brought the PARTY ON! I'm positive you'll have the same wonderful experience that we did.

2015-05-12T22:47:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you Katherine for the many kind words and as well as for following up with us! We hope to see you at another family celebration soon. Please pass on a recommendation to anyone looking for entertainment. Thank you for having Green Fourteen as part... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 meghan w

Our April 10th wedding review. I can not say enough about Green 14. I found searching for a band to be one of the most difficult pieces of wedding planning. Patrick was great to work with, they have an enormous repertoire and are truly fantastic. I should also add that they... Read More really get how to cater to the crowd. In our situation, we had a mix of generations, and the band did a great job choosing music that appealed to all of our guests. Their enthusiasm resulted in a very crowded dance floor and a whole lot of fun! We were extremely pleased. Patrick was perfectly in charge the entire night. He knows how to run a reception, rule the mic, and keep the party going! He would check in with me periodically to make sure everything was going the way I wanted. I did not have any worries through the entire reception, so we were able to relax and party!

2015-05-12T22:54:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you Meghan for the many kind words and as well as for following up with us! We hope to see you at another family celebration soon. Please pass on a recommendation to anyone in the family looking for wedding entertainment. Thank you once again... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Natasha W

The GREEN TEAM is truly is the best of both worlds. My husband wanted a DJ and I wanted a band so this was the PERFECT compromise. I HIGHLY recommend them, they sound EXACTLY like the artists who actually sing the songs. Patrick was receptive to our thoughts and concerns. He... Read More also emailed me plenty of times and was quick to respond to any questions that I had prior to our day. They were able to take several of our requests without hesitation. The singers learned Adele's version of "Make You Feel My Love" for our first dance and the music was great. They worked the crowd very well and the male vocalist came onto the dance floor to show us a few Michael Jackson moves, they were so much fun. There wasn't a moment at our reception that people weren't dancing and fully entertained. It's such a great feeling to hear everyone say the band you hired was amazing! Again thank you for performing at our wedding. I highly recommend Green Fourteen to any and all future couples! Mr. and Mrs. Willis

2015-05-12T22:48:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you Natasha and Steven for the many kind words and as well as for following up with us! We hope to see you at another family celebration soon. Please pass on a recommendation to anyone looking for entertainment. Thank you for having Green Fourteen... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Jason B

I cannot stress this enough - Green Fourteen was absolutely out of this world FANTASTIC. Our single best splurge when planning our wedding was the band. They were recommended to us from a coworker and couldn't have been happier with our decision. Our wedding day was about 95... Read More degrees, sticky, humid, and everything was outside. I was convinced that the heat was going to deter people from wanting to go out on the dance floor. I could not have been more wrong! Green Fourteen got people up out of their seats after dinner and they danced ALL NIGHT LONG! I have never seen so many people just thoroughly enjoying themselves. We also loved how the singers would give shout outs to our flower girls and ring bearer and even got my wife on stage singing and dancing! The planning process was also very smooth. Patrick was always available for questions and was flexible with our payment schedule. They also did our lighting which was fantastic. The hall wanted an arm and a leg but the band lit up the whole tent with our colors at no added cost. You will not be disappointed!!! They are worth every penny spent. Thank you Patrick and tell all the guys and girls we said thanks for a night we will never forget!

2015-05-12T22:54:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jason for the many kind words and as well as for following up with us! We hope to see you at another family celebration soon. Please pass on a recommendation to anyone in the family looking for wedding entertainment. Thank you once again... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Lucie K

Thank you Green Fourteen! Patrick was great to work with and responded to all of our questions as well as working with my daughter and her questions and concerns. Bottom line, their service was terrific, the band was great and all the guests loved the music. I would highly... Read More recommend them for any bride wanting to have fun at the reception.

2015-05-12T22:49:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you Donald for the many kind words and as well as for following up with us! We hope to see you at another family celebration soon. Please pass on a recommendation to anyone looking for entertainment. Thank you for having Green Fourteen as part... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/09/2015 jennifer k

Fun Fun Fun! Green Fourteen is a TERRIFIC band. We did a lot of research and we LOVE THESE GUYS and GIRLS! They are talented, they learn songs for you and respond well to your crowd. The band gets into it and puts on a very tasteful show. The bands songs have a mix of classics... Read More and current pop hits that set the exact tone we wanted for our guests. The pacing of the songs and their MC-ing was excellent. They also look good on stage and the female singers have amazing voices! People danced like crazy at our wedding! This band made our wedding a PARTY! Patrick is easy to work with, super responsive and detailed.

2015-05-12T22:55:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jennifer for the many kind words and as well as for following up with us! We hope to see you at another family celebration soon. Please pass on a recommendation to anyone in the family looking for wedding entertainment. Thank you once again... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/09/2015 amanda t

Green Fourteen was absolutely amazing at our wedding! It was one of the best decisions we made. For me, choosing the perfect band was the most critical decision for the entire wedding, it was even more important than our venue! For starters, Patrick is simply amazing. He is the... Read More consummate professional and does his utmost to understand all of the details for the big day so that everything works seamlessly. We had so many special requests and Patrick honored every single one of them with sincere commitment. If you want to host a wedding where the guests are literally so busy dancing they can’t be bothered to eat or drink, this is your band! Everyone was on their feet the entire night! Even family friends of ours who NEVER dance were working it on the dance floor. I only stepped off the dance floor once throughout the whole night, and that was just to go to the bathroom. My husband and I even got on stage and danced it out with the band! If I could only recommend one of my wedding vendors, Green Fourteen would be it!

2015-05-12T22:50:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you Amanda for the many kind words and as well as for following up with us! We hope to see you at another family celebration soon. Please pass on a recommendation to anyone looking for entertainment. Thank you for having Green Fourteen as part... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Sherry W

Thank you for Green Fourteen's superb performance at our Intercontinental Chicago reception. Without equivocation, the band's presence and music struck the perfect notes in every respect. Covering every genre of our eclectic play sheet artfully as well as providing a charming... Read More backdrop was everything we were hoping for. Beyond the music, your personal touch and the engagement, greatly contributed to the celebration. A splendid time was had by all.

2015-05-07T22:21:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sherry for the kind words as well as following up with us! We hope to see you at another family celebration soon. Thank you for having Green Fourteen as part of your family.

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Evelina R

WOW!! Did we hit the jackpot with this band for our wedding! We had heard from our venue director that they were highly recommended, and after looking at their website and listening to some demos, and they fit the bill perfectly. They literally can do any style of music you... Read More would like, and they do it all so well! Very flexible and professional, but most importantly...they are SO MUCH FUN! Our guests could not stop raving about our band. Patrick was VERY thorough during the planning process and was very organized and pleasant to work with. He also made the atmosphere really fun and inviting for all our guests. The band had my folks dancing, smiling and having a great time. They are FANTASTIC at keeping the energy up and the party going. We could not have been happier and I think they had as much fun as we did! Green Fourteen was amazing from start to finish! I would HIGHLY recommend them for any wedding!

2015-05-12T22:52:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you Eva for the many kind words and as well as for following up with us! We hope to see you at another family celebration soon. Please pass on a recommendation to anyone in the family looking for wedding entertainment. Thank you once again... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Russ F

Green Fourteen performed at our daughter's wedding. They were amazing to say the least. I have never attended a wedding reception where guests started dancing before the meal but the music was just too good to stay seated. Everyone danced from the beginning of the reception... Read More until the end. Our guests really enjoyed themselves. The band is extremely talented, Patrick was very professional and a pleasure to work with.

2015-05-12T22:52:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you Russ for the many kind words and as well as for following up with us! We hope to see you at another family celebration soon. Please pass on a recommendation to anyone in the family looking for wedding entertainment. Thank you once again... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Blair K

I was extremely excited when my best friend asked me to be her maid of honor and we couldn't wait for the day to arrive. She and her husband chose this band Green Fourteen. I can honestly say that from the moment we arrived on site for the ceremony pictures until the end of the... Read More night, Green Fourteen and Patrick were there at every minute to see that my bestie and her husband had the incredible day they had dreamed of. Classic live cocktail and dinner music all the way to the introductions of the bridal party & toasts. Everything was done flawlessly. The band even checked in to see that the bride, groom and family members had drinks during dinner! I have been through this and wished I would have known about Green Fourteen when we were getting married. Everything was extremely professional. When the live band started there was not a couple sitting in the room. The band played about 3 and a half hours without a single break. They did a perfect mix of songs that kept every generation dancing all night long. Green Fourteen is the entire package, a class act. Highly recommended!

2015-05-07T22:23:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you Blair for the kind words as well as following up with us! We hope to see you at another family celebration soon. Please don't hesitate to reach out at any time. Thank you for having Green Fourteen as part of your family.

Reviewed on 5/06/2015

Green Fourteen did a fantastic job! They were professional, funny, friendly, and very accommodating. Overall we had a great experience. Our ceremony music was beautiful and Ave Maria (my wife’s favorite) was fantastic. Patrick met with us 2 weeks before to practice the ceremony... Read More songs and even offered to include the keyboard at our ceremony for no extra charge since our ceremony and reception were in the same spot. At first, we were a little nervous about hiring a live band because handing over a song list and letting them do their job takes a lot of trust, but Patrick delivered above and beyond. The music at the reception was terrific and truly set the tone for the evening. Not only did they sound fantastic, but they played a wide variety of music that kept people of all ages on the dance floor all night long. Simply put the band was AMAZING!!!!!!!! So many of our guests connected with the band immediately. Patrick was amazing to work with up to the wedding and loved having him as our familiar face on the stage. His suggestions were spot on and they kept the dance floor full of energy and nobody wanted to leave. They made our wedding stand out among any other that our family and friends had been to. In terms of pricing, they were also more reasonably priced than all other bands we looked at in Chicago. This band is as good as it gets for a wedding. If you want your guests to dance, Green Fourteen can make it happen. We wholeheartedly recommend!

2015-05-12T22:53:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the many kind words and as well as for following up with us! We hope to see you at another family celebration soon. Please pass on a recommendation to anyone in the family looking for wedding entertainment. Thank you once again for... Read Less Read More

Fantastic Dance Music

Reviewed on 12/08/2014

We found Green Thirteen on the Knot. Patrick was really great at making sure he knew exactly what we were looking for. He invited us to come see the band live and we loved the set! They were exactly as advertised and totally professional. The bands presentation is impressive.... Read More For starters, everyone in the band is good looking and their attire is sharp. Less than a week after we secured our contract, Patrick suggested we meet at our space to go over details to take out some of the butterflies. Instantly we all felt very secure about our day. He even worked with our overall band budget so that we could invest in a larger dance floor! Seriously!!!! When planning a wedding, there are a lot of stressors that the couple encounters along the way, and I've got to say that hiring and working with Patrick was so easy from the start. We chose the perfect balance of classic dance titles, eighties & top 40. Patrick offered suggestions of songs that he knew would get the crowd to respond, and after listening to our input of the songs that we had to have, we put together the perfect list of music that we thought would work. The group is very interactive and there were many times when the singers were actually in the crowd. Everyone loved what they brought to the party. There's nothing better than having your guests come up to you at the end of the night with huge smiles on their faces, saying, "This is the best band I have ever heard". If you want an amazing reception with the best range of music and see everyone you love on the dance floor at once, then this is your band. They MADE our wedding reception exactly what we hoped it would be. We cannot say enough good things about Patrick. Great singers, dancers, choreography and musicians. TOTAL perfect band package!

2015-05-12T22:56:06 Response from the vendor