Los Angeles/Hawaii destination Photographer

Please visit our page at www.HumanArtwork.com

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Los Angeles/Hawaii wedding photographer (818) 274-9968

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Molly E

My husband and I were married in October 2015 on the island of Kauai. I spent months planning the wedding remotely from California, and as all the pieces were coming together, I still had not found a photographer. Wedding photography on the islands can be tricky as it is no... Read More secret that your options are somewhat limited in Hawaii. We were beginning to worry that we would have to choose between quality and price, until we considered HumanArtwork Photography for our destination wedding. Henry and Traci photographed my sister’s wedding the previous year and did an incredible job. We reached out to them and they offered us a great package deal. Henry and Traci's rates are more than reasonable, but taking into account all of the amazing photos of our wedding, my husband and I feel like we got an amazing deal. Henry and Traci were there every step of the way to calm nerves and set the stage to take the most beautiful photos possible. Henry is great at capturing fine details and emotion while Traci always comes up with different angles and creative shots to ensure nothing is missed on the big day. Traci is also able to provide a female touch and makes sure your dress is in perfect shape, there are no stray hairs on your face, and other fine details. Henry and Traci are fun to be around and make for great company. It felt like we had two additional friends at our wedding that just so happened to be taking pictures of us the whole time. I was so worried about photography and by the time the big day had finally arrived, it last thing on my mind. I trusted Henry and Traci every step of the way and now have over 1,000 pictures from our big day and LOVE every single one of them. My entire family has now designated them as the family photographers and will be using them for every occasion from here on out.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Samantha C

Our wedding photos exceeded our expectations. They were absolutely beyond perfect. Henry is the best photographer and working with him was so easy. We met at our venue and went through pricing and what we wanted for our wedding day. He includes an engagement photo session, but... Read More we had already done ours so he offered to shoot our rehearsal dinner which was perfect and extremely nice of him. He worked with our schedule and there was never any difficulty the entire time we worked together. His photos are beautiful and well thought out. He told us when we first met he liked to shoot more emotions than posed photos which is exactly what we wanted, but we were still able to get a ton of posed photos with family and the bridal party. The photos came out so beautiful and you can tell they are high quality. I could not have asked for a better experience or better outcome. Hire Henry if you want beautiful photos!!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Grace W

We are so thankful to HumanArtwork! We loved working with Photographer Henry, Videoagrapher Ethan, and their Assistant Ren at our wedding in Agoura Hills this past weekend. They were very personable and awesome people to work with. They made taking pictures comfortable and... Read More stress-free. They were assertive yet polite and we're able to capture the shots we wanted. We could not have been happier with our decision to work with them. Thank you HumanArtwork for an amazing day!

2016-06-29T16:03:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was a complete pleasure Grace! One of the most memorable weddings for sure.

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Brenna H

I was so incredibly happy with the videography from HumanArtwork!! I watch our highlight reel several times a week and it brings back all those wonderful memories - suddenly I'm smiling from ear to ear. Of all the money I spent, this was the by far the most value - it will... Read More last a lifetime. Henry and Ethan were really fun to work with, and they managed to keep a low profile while still somehow capturing beautiful moments in vivid detail. Don't hesitate - hire them!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Marisa N

Henry from Human Artwork did my engagement pictures and my wedding photos and I was very pleased with his work. His style of photography is very creative and makes for very dramatic photos. We did our engagement shoot on the sand dunes of Pismo Beach and they were breathtaking!... Read More Henry also has a gift at capturing touching candid moments... some of the photos from my wedding brought tears to my eyes. He also did my sister's wedding and she had a much larger bridal party than I did ( 1 vs 9). Even with all the girls, not to mention the groomsmen, he captured wonderful moments with the bride in the bridal suite and with everyone together with our family. I would say the most interesting thing about Henry's style is that he is invisible. To the point where you are left wondering if he was even around for the wedding! But lo and behold, once the photos come in you realize that he was actually everywhere and just blends in seamlessly. He is affordable compared to others in the industry but you get way more than what you pay for. Thanks Henry!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Christine Y

My Husband and I chose HumanArtwork to be the videographers for our wedding 7.23.16. Choosing them was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding, no regrets at all. They were professional and awesome from start to finish and worked so well with our photographer at our... Read More wedding, it was seamless. Now for my review of our final product, to say we are happy with the final product would be a HUGE understatement. They captured so many beautiful and candid moments, reactions from family, smiles and tears I didn't get the chance to see, all the emotions, dancing, and the essence of our special day. The video's quality is absolutely breathtaking. We had well over 30 people that saw our video tell us it was the best wedding video they had ever seen. The quality of the video and the scenes captured really cannot be beat. This team is the best!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Christina M

When I pressed 5 stars it stated "Wow, the best ever!" and it's exactly right! My husband and I got married back in 2013, but we still get compliments on our wedding photos. We got married in California but live in Texas, so we were very nervous to go with a photographer who... Read More we'd only communicated with online and over the phone. However, it was the best decision ever! Our pictures so exceeded my expectations. Henry captured every detail, and every photo came out amazing. We did an engagement shoot ahead of time, and those pictures were awesome too. To top it off, we got back together the day after our wedding to take just a few more pictures, which actually ended up being my favorite. We were extremely rushed the day of the wedding, and we had a huge wedding party, so things were hectic. Henry went above and beyond, made us feel so comfortable and natural (my husband and I are not naturally super photogenic people) and captured our wedding day perfectly. I can't say enough. You will not regret hiring Henry to photograph your wedding. He's truly talented.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Billi Jo S

Henry and Tracy are without a doubt the absolute BEST!!!! They made sure to get every shot that we wanted and handled a bridal party of 20 with grace and ease. Their creativity and epic skills have left us with the most magical memories of our special day!! They truly go above... Read More and beyond for all of their clients. We love them!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 ME C

Henry was great. Easy to work with, efficient, and let me boss him around for the shots I wanted, haha! Our guests and bridal party were very impressed. We would for sure recommend him and hire him for other fun events!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Andrea R

Henry and Ren were superstars. ARE superstars. Nathan and I got married on 6-24-16 and received so many breathtaking photos from Henry. I can't rave about them enough for what they provided us infront of the camera and behind the camera. Henry and Ren brought so much ease to... Read More our wedding day and were beyond a joy to work with. They made us laugh and feel as comfortable as possible. We loved having their warm smiles and amazing talents with us on our biggest day ever!!! Henry texted me late at night with sneak peeks and genuinely showed so much enthusiasm and excitement for us. THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!!!!! XO

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Rebecca S

Henry did our engagement session in June and our wedding photos a few weeks ago. I can honesty say we were so fortunate to find him and his wife Tracy. They not only treated us like friends and made us feel completely comfortable on out wedding day but the photos were absolutely... Read More amazing. Our happiness and emotion shined through with each and every one. They're so creative and captured so many amazing candids. From emotional "getting ready" photos with my mom to hilarious dance moves, they seriously captured everything we could have asked. I'm so glad we found them and highly recommend them to anyone looking to capture their wedding and every beautiful detail and facial expression involved. Thre fantastic!

2016-06-29T16:15:40 Response from the vendor

We honestly fell in love with you guys...You made us feel like as if we were part of the family. Thank you Rebecca and Michael!

Reviewed on 2/27/2016

AMAZING

The Cherry on Top of Our Special Day!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Anthony S

We hit the lottery having Henry and Tracy photograph our wedding! I really had no idea what to expect but when they first arrived I could tell that it would be a pleasant experience. We did an additional shoot in the forest the day after our wedding, and it honestly felt like we... Read More were just hanging out with new friends! We have been more than pleased with our photos. We received around 200 amazing photos approximately 2 months after our wedding. Compared to some other brides I have spoken with, this is a super fast turnaround for wedding photos! They even gave us 4 "Teaser" pics in the meantime to hold us over. We get so many compliments on our photos and I cannot wait to have some printed for display. What a blessing it has been to have our special day captured so beautifully by such wonderful people! 100% would recommend Human Artwork, Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Christine C

Henry and Tracy were amazing in every way possible! They were so easy to work with on the day of and gave great direction when we had no clue what to do and were super accommodating when we wanted to do something goofy. I got a lot of beautifully composed photos along with some... Read More amazing candid shots. I can't even imagine having a better photographer and can't recommend Human Artwork enough!

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Christine C

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Jennifer S

Henry and Tracy were so wonderful to work with! They created some of the most beautiful pictures and we were so fortunate to have them as our photographers at our wedding. I highly recommend them and look forward to working with them for any future photography needs.

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

Henry is amazingly talented and we were more than enthusiastic about the shots he captured of our wedding. All of our family and friends have commented on the high quality of the photos. He definitely has an artistic eye and is an extraordinary painter of light. Our sunset... Read More couple shots at the beach look magical, particularly one shot in which the waves crashed upon the rock we were leaning against. I am not a photographer myself, but I know enough about photography to know that the light situation was challenging while he was taking our family portraits (midday) and reception shots (dark, outside backyard), and they turned out beautifully. If we had to do it all over again, we would choose Henry to be our photographer again. There would only be a couple things we would change. Firstly, we would probably hire him and his wife for another hour or two. Secondly, I highly recommend doing the engagement shoot with him so he get's to know you as a couple and what you want captured during your wedding. We did not do an engagement shoot, but I now regret it. Our wedding was very much a "do-it-yourself" type of wedding in which my cousin made the beer, my other cousin made the cake, and my family/friends made decorations. I would have liked to have photos of my cousin serving his beer, or my other cousin standing by the cake, etc. Now I know that I should have asked specifically for those shots, as well as more shots on the details of the wedding/decor. I did have to ask specifically to take pictures of the wedding cake, which I thought would be a given. I think if we had met with him before, we could have covered those details. The only other critique is that he does an incredible job with photographing people and poses, but sometimes misses some details. In some of my portrait shots I had a string hanging out from my dress by my armpit (the loop that is used to hang the dress) which was visible in the photos. Nobody told me about it until the two young videographers saw it after the ceremony. When I received the photos back from Henry, they were beautiful, but the string was visible and was not touched up. I had to use photoshop myself to erase it. We also had to wait much longer than what was stated in the contract (3 months) to receive the photos. I completely understand how long it takes to edit photos because my sister does a lot of that herself. But I think it would have been more professional to let customers know that the wait will be 3-6 months, just so they have an idea of what to expect. These are all relatively minor things that in no way ruined our experience. We just learned what we would do differently next time. But we both are soooo happy with the photograph's and would hire Henry in an instant if we were to do it again. I have recommended him to all family and friends that are interested in a wedding photographer. He is amazingly talented and you won't be disappointed if you hire him.

True talent

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Dani C

Henry and Tracy are quick to respond, reasonably priced and incredibly talented. Our engagement photos turned out beautifully and showed our true personalities. Henry will not only get the traditional shots - he'll catch grandma crying happy tears and make you re-live the... Read More moment. Photography was our #1 priority, and I'm so glad we found Human Artwork :)

Awesome pictures

Reviewed on 10/12/2014

OMG this is the artist for you! You will not be disappointed! Extraordinary work! Professional and fun.

best of many options

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Nicole P

We never thought we would have much opinion about our photographer, but after doing TWO trials with two different, very recommended photographers, we realized that we'd only get one chance to find the right one to capture the biggest party of our lives. Not only were they... Read More enjoyable and fun to work with, our photos look like they belong in magazines and websites like this! They dressed professionally, didn't get in anyone's way, got a perfect variety of candid and posed photos, had fun with all of my guests but kept the camera going. I KNOW I got the best quality photographer out there and feel blessed we found Henry and his perfect wife to listen to what we wanted out of them and more.

The Answer to your Most Important Decision

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Stacy W

Henry blew us away with the engagement photos he took of us. We were awkward and shy at first but he made us feel comfortable and caught some truly amazing moments. There are too many good ones to even decide what to frame! When his wife joined him to shoot our wedding, they... Read More fit right in with our wedding party. They were just the right amount of assertive and discreet. They over delivered with photos and we could not have been happier with how the photos came out. ALL. SO. BEAUTIFUL. From the moment I emailed for a quote, Henry was professional, accommodating, friendly, and a pleasure to work with. We are happy to call them friends of ours now! You will not find a better wedding photographer even if you spend twice as much. They are seriously the best around!

Creative Genius!

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Deadra B

Henry rocks!! Affordable, quick response, patient & overall pleasant to work with! After feeling completely defeated following several interactions with photographers that were HORRIBLE (no seriously,HORRIBLE) my Husband and I had the opportunity to meet Henry in person and... Read More instantly knew that he was the perfect fit. This guy does whatever is needed to get the perfect shot- rolling in the grass, climbing trees...whatever lol. We had the pleasure of working with him for our engagement session which took place at Union Station & LACMA, and people still rave about how fabulous they turned out! LA traffic had us running about an hour behind for the shoot which meant we had very little sunlight to work with. Despite the setback, Henry pulled off an epic shoot. We seriously didn't think we could get any better than that, but when we saw our wedding photos, needless to say, we are Human Artwork believers!!

Creative Genius!

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Deadra B

HANDS DOWN, THE BEST!

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Alyssa D

I don't usually write reviews (especially the day after), but HumanArtwork truly deserves to be recognized! Immediately after Skyping with them, my fiance and I knew we wanted Henry and Tracy to shoot our wedding next year. Personality was the biggest factor in choosing our... Read More photographers in addition to, of course, their amazing portfolio. We were originally going to have our engagement photos done in Colorado, but we're so glad we decided to shoot them in Santa Barbara with Henry. Though he was totally unfamiliar with the two spots that we chose, he was able to take a quick glance at the lighting/scenery and come up with so many amazing shots. He helped us with our poses until we felt more comfortable and at ease, and then he let us free, lol. We had so much fun that we ended up practically swimming in the ocean (awesome pics!!). Many of our poses were not still poses, but Henry was able to capture our genuine expressions and playfulness while we were tossing each other into the waves. On top of that, he timed and adjusted each shot so that he could capture all the fine detail in the waves and splashes of water. We had some time before sunset, so Henry patiently waited for the perfect minute to shoot the last of the pictures. I'm not the best at describing artwork, but these are some of the comments I have gotten on Henry's work: "Pardon ne moi" my French but these are EFFING breathtaking!" "You can def feel the love with these." "I'm so excited for your wedding! You have an amazing photographer!" If you're looking for a genuine pair who is truly passionate about photography and treat their customers as friends, I recommend that you give HumanArtwork a shot! Don't miss out!! :)

Best decision!

Reviewed on 8/31/2014

Henry and Tracy are not only amazing at putting everyone at ease, letting the event flow naturally yet capturing some amazing shots, they are also very professional. This was one of the best decisions we made.

Henry Umana

I'm a photographer with a passion for capturing important memories. I love what I do and it shows in my work.