Ideal Ensembles

Ideal Ensembles provides the ideal musical accompaniment for your wedding ceremony and/or cocktail hour. Along with standard wedding repertoire, we specialize in arranging your favorite pop songs for string ensemble. Let us help you make your wedding a unique event your guests will rave about!

Greater New York Area, NY (646) 480-9300

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Natalia V

We booked music for reception and cocktail hour with Yuri. He was really easy to work with, he was super patient, listened to what we wanted for the wedding, and gave great advice. Everything was just beautiful. We received so many compliments on the music! Absolutely... Read More recommended. Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Jennifer P

Fantastic!!!!!! Yury and his musicians were perfect for our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were so professional and so nice! Yury worked with me on the specific songs I wanted and filled in the rest so that I didn't have to worry about it. My one regret is that I didn't get... Read More them on video.

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Marissa U

I hired Yury and his team as ceremony musicians for my yacht wedding. I got so many compliments from my guests on their amazing performance! His suggestion for the post-ceremony song was totally on-point, as well. He has acted with complete professionalism from start to... Read More finish. I highly recommend Idea Ensembles for your wedding!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Carolyn H

Yury and team were amazing to deal with during and before the wedding process. They had ideas and suggestions on what songs to play during every facet of the wedding from the pre--ceremony and ceremony! We asked for Beatles and classical music and this was right up their alley... Read More and everything sounded fantastic. Thanks again team!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Michelle C

We had such a seamless, flawless experience with Ideal Ensembles, I would highly recommend them to anyone! They were easy to work with & communicate with. We hired them for our small intimate family wedding & they added the perfect touch of fun & elegance to our day. They helped... Read More us customize unique ceremony music performed by violin & guitar & it sounded fantastic! They performed Bruno Mars "Marry Me" & Adele's "Make You Feel My Love" & then effortlessly played "Amazing Grace" as well all during our ceremony. It was exactly how we envisioned it. During cocktail hour they continued giving us a sample of our eclectic taste in music from Frank Sinatra to U2 & beyond. Yury was so gracious & kind to work with, it was by far one of the easiest vendors that we communicated with along the way. Lastly, they were kind enough to let my sister sing along with them as a special tribute during our ceremony. They had never met before the wedding but communicated a bit prior & got in a quick practice day of & it went off without a hitch. Thank you Yury & Ideal Ensembles for adding such a meaningful touch to our special day.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Christine A

Ideal Ensembles gave a wonderful performance on our wedding day! Yury and his team were great to work with. Yury was incredibly attentive and helpful with our desire to capture our unique love story and personalities. He helped us choose the right music and instruments to help... Read More make the day sound beautiful. Many of our guests complimented us on the wedding ceremony music! He and his team even played at our reception! Yury was a great M.C. and the musicians played beautifully. Thank you Ideal Ensembles!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Tim Z

Yury and company performed at my ceremony at Central Park was fantastic. Their rendition of Canon D was spot on and they were very professional and accommodating throughout

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Stephanie H

I booked Yury and his fellow string trio members for our wedding and they were just perfect. We went for a more modern music vibe and they did not disappoint. For an extra fee we got one of our favorite songs played for my processional. Highly recommend booking Ideal Ensembles!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Claire B

I came across Ideal Ensembles while researching music for my Oct. 2015 wedding ceremony. I stumbled upon a YouTube clip of Ideal Ensembles performing one of my favorite songs, and was blown away - my husband and I instantly fell in love with the group's string trio adaptation.... Read More It was so unique, and the music was just gorgeous. We were beyond disappointed, then, upon learning that our Santa Barbara-based performers wouldn't be able to create the sheet music in time for our wedding. Luckily for us, Yury saved the day and so very generously provided us with the group's sheet music for the piece. He was a pleasure to work with - friendly, responsive and professional. We only wished Ideal Ensembles wasn't based 3,000 miles away, otherwise we would have jumped at the opportunity to have them perform at our wedding. To all the East Coast brides, I can't recommend this group of musicians highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

From the first moment, Yury was kind, professional, flexible and open to the style of music we wanted (more contemporary than classic). Counting down to our wedding weekend, we realized Hurricane Joaquin was going to botch previously arranged plans, but once again Yury remained... Read More flexible and we pulled off a last minute indoor standing-room only ceremony that was beautiful, in large part to the tone set my our musicians in the 30 minutes leading to the walk down the aisle. I'm super grateful for his effortless ability to adapt to the new environment and maintain the integrity of his beautiful music.

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Alexander B

Ideal Ensembles did exactly what every bride wants at her wedding... they exceeded my expectations and impressed my guests, all within a very fair price. When I began planning my wedding, I knew that I wanted a string quartet to play traditional Jewish music and pop/modern... Read More music during cocktail hour. I explored several quartet vendors that were incredibly high in pricing and not very responsive with emails. In addition, many did not play Lady Gaga, The Beatles, etc... only traditional music. My friend recommended Yury and Ideal Ensembles, who she used and also seen at several events. From the start, they were fantastic. Yury worked around my busy schedule and were by far, the most fair in pricing. (Other vendors were charging a grand or two more, easily.) He helped me choose the most appropriate music that set the mood for the wedding (a more religious, traditional setting...) and then turn it around completely for cocktail hour with a fun, pop music mood. I listened to their sound recordings and trusted my friend that they would sound perfect. Yes, they were perfect. On the day of the event, Yury and the two other players arrived on time and performed the ceremony beautifully. Being a busy bride, I wasn't able to enjoy my own cocktail hour, so I was thrilled when my guests approached me that said the strings playing contemporary pop music during cocktail hour was awesome. My guests thought it was refreshing to hear something different than piping in music and the standard Billy Joel on the keyboard. Whether you need something traditional and classical or modern and contemporary, I highly recommend Ideal Ensembles for your wedding or event. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Jennifer M

Yury was great to work with. We had him and another member of his team play the violin and guitar at our vineyard wedding ceremony and cocktail hour.The music was great and set the perfect mood for our wedding. Thank you Yury! -Jennifer Turner

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Yifan L

Although we did not end up working with Yury and his team at our wedding. I feel I owe him a few good words for his help during the process. My fiancee met Yury at a bridal salon and got his business info. Later I contacted Yury through email, giving him details about the... Read More wedding, our thoughts on different ensembles (trio or quartet, whether to add a keyboard, etc) Yury replied promptly, actually within a couple hours, with lots of information - his thoughts on the various ensembles, his suggestion based on the wedding size (not the most expensive one but the one that fits our wedding), price quote, and also an outline of the working process, which was really helpful. The music samples we have heard are also amazing. I was so eager to talk to Yury. Unfortunately he lost his voice that day and promised to contact me back by weekend when he would be back to "sound like a human". We want live musicians for ceremony and cocktail hours. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to start the interview process until two months before the wedding date. So we were already pretty late when start contacting Yury. While we were waiting for Yury to recover, over the next couple days, my fiancee and I both got unexpected work assignments and our schedule became crazy. Because of the extreme time pressure, we turned to our reception venue and asked for their preferred vendor list, and quickly hired one from the list after one phone plus one in-person interview. This was not our usual style when hiring vendors, but just a special circumstance. Yury did contact us, as promised, by the weekend. I explained the situation and he showed great understanding. The entire process was quite pleasant. Under a different scenario, I know for sure we would interview Yury and likely consider his team. But still, we wished each other good luck and hoped our paths would cross again in the future.

Reviewed on 8/15/2015

Ideal Ensembles is who you want to do your wedding music!! Yury is an incredible musician, knows music, and knows weddings. He was so helpful guiding me through so many of the things I didn't know- how much music we want for a ceremony, what instruments would work well together,... Read More song suggestions- and he was so patient and always willing to go with me as I changed my mind over and over again. He went out of his way to make sure our wedding music was personal and special to us. So far out of his way, that he actually tracked down a song that was special to me that most people don't know, and wrote a special arrangement of it. It was beautiful! The music added so much to our ceremony, and we got so many compliments on how absolutely beautiful it was. I am so grateful to Yury and Ideal for all the help, and for making my day so special!

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Tara T

Yury and his team provided exceptional music and service for our beach wedding ceremony at McLoone's Pier House on 7/11/15. Yury worked closely with me every step of the way to ensure that our nontraditional ceremony music needs were not only met, but truly exceeded. Many of our... Read More guests complimented the overall presentation and song selection. The trio was also very flexible as our ceremony ran behind due to heavy traffic in the area, which helped me to stay stress-free. I highly recommend Ideal Ensembles to anyone looking for top-notch musicianship and one-on-one attention to detail. They are the best you will find!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Thomas K

Attention to details was great. Very friendly and accomodating. Yury even stepped in at our rehearsal and played the role of best man as ours couldn't attend. What a guy! They did a great job! We were very happy!

So happy with Yury and his team!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Amanda O

We had a great experience with Yury and the other members of his string quartet who provided the music at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. From start to finish Yury was professional, organized, and very thorough. I didn’t even know where to begin when it came time to... Read More select ceremony music but Yury took the time to walk me through all the details and make suggestions to fit with the Catholic ceremony as well as suggestions for entrance music that would suite a very short aisle. On the day of the wedding Yury and his team were there early and set up/ready to go on time. They were impeccably dressed as well! Our ceremony music was amazing and many of our guests commented on how beautiful the music was that was played as they arrived as well as during the ceremony. Our cocktail hour music was equally as perfect! Yury and the entire team at Ideal Ensembles exceeded our expectations. It was a pleasure having all of them at our wedding. My husband and I would highly recommend Yury and his team to any future bride/groom. Not only was the music beautiful but Yury was a consummate professional, easy to talk with, very responsive, knowledgeable, and attentive to detail throughout the entire process!!

A ¨must-have¨ at your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Dominique V

Being from Mexico, we were going to have a destination wedding in New York. So for me, the whole planning process was a little difficult since I had mostly done all the vendor searching online. I knew I wanted violins at my ceremony and cocktail hour, that could play both... Read More classical music and more modern pieces. I found Yuri and his team through The Knot. I must say I listened to ALOT of bands before them, but I just kept going back to the Ideal Ensembles website. Working with Yuri was like working with a friend, he was understanding since the beginning, very prompt with emails and I think his price is also very reasonable. He will make sure everything goes smoothly, help you pick out specific songs if you find yourself a little lost. The day of the wedding, I opted for Bitter Sweet Symphony, Just the way you are for processional and All You Need is Love for recessional. It was beautiful and very well played. The only part Im a bit sad about is that I couldnt really get to enjoy the string trio at our cocktail hour since the band that would play at dinner was practicing inside and it was sounding louder than our string trio on the terrace, but that is not Ideal Ensembles fault. 100% recommended! A great team to work with! Thanks so much for making it special!!! xoxo fromout Mexico!!!

Excellent!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Amanda V

Ideal Ensembles was an excellent addition to our ceremony! Yury was prompt and professional to work with. The string trio performed as the guests were gathering and during the ceremony. They received high remarks all around – and the ceremony music and transitions were flawless.... Read More We received many compliments from the guests (and our parents loved them)! I would 100% recommend Ideal Ensembles – Yury and his team did an outstanding job and added an elegant touch to our ceremony!

Absolutely Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Anna P

Yury and his team from Ideal Ensembles were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Yuri was always prompt and professional in his communications and went the extra mile in helping to answer all of our questions (even those we forgot to ask). After doing our homework, Yuri... Read More and his team also turned out to be the absolute best value for the services being offered. On the day of, the String Trio arrived on time and performed beautifully for both our ceremony and cocktail hour. We highly recommend Ideal Ensemble if you are looking for contemporary/classical musicians for your wedding ceremony in the greater NYC area!

Professional all the way!

Reviewed on 8/09/2014 Jennifer O

We met Yury and Ideal Ensembles at a Wedding Salon event, and it was just fortuitous that we did. We couldn't have imagined lovelier ceremony musicians for our wedding. They were always communicative, flexible (both in fee and in music choice), and even in a terrible snafu on... Read More our officiant's part during the ceremony (how could this guy forget the ring exchange before marrying us?!), Yury and the musicians handled the recovery flawlessly. They made a beautiful ceremony even more memorable, and I would recommend them in a heartbeat. They even saved us by recommending a trusted DJ to us after our last one backed out!

Ceremony Music

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Jennifer F

Yury from Ideal Ensembles was absolutely fantastic for our outdoor wedding ceremony and cocktail hour this past July at Crabtree's Kittle House. He was easy to deal with and accommodated every need and concern. Guests complimented the ceremony music and the light, but upbeat... Read More music for cocktail hour. Thanks again Yury! Jennifer

Bravo!

Reviewed on 7/28/2014

Yury (on violin) and his accompanist (on harp) did a great job at our wedding. They were punctual, cooperative and talented. We could not have asked for anything more on our special day. Thanks Yury!

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 6/29/2014

I connected with Yury after finding Ideal Ensembles on theknot.com and booked him & one of his musicians for my ceremony in NYC- his prices were comparable and actually probably more affordable than the others I spoke with. It was a simple, seamless process right from the... Read More start. We discussed everything via email, he sent me a contract, I mailed my deposit, and we didn't need to connect again until about a month before the wedding. We then met briefly to discuss everything in person and took care of the remaining balance. They played guitar and violin (standards, Beatles, that sort of thing) and everything was perfect, our entrances in particular. I highly recommend Yury's services if you are looking for a reliable ceremony musician that does great work in NYC :)

Beautiful Ceremony Music

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Rachel R

Ideal Ensembles was the perfect choice for our wedding ceremony music! They provided great resources to listen to their music selection prior to choosing our ceremony music. They were responsive and professional. They emailed music options for the ceremony which, for a busy... Read More person like myself, was very helpful and appreciated! And the music on the day of was PERFECT! It was absolutely beautiful and I have relatives still talking about how wonderful the ceremony music was. I would definitely recommend them for a wedding ceremony or any party where you would like to have beautiful music that makes you smile. Thank you!