Lounsbury House

Ridgefield, CT

Book Your Wedding with Lounsbury House

Ballroom. This is the largest space with elegant architectural accents for your banquet or cocktail hour.

Dining room. This space is designed for serving classic meals in a warm, intimate setting.

Crystal room. Elaborate detailing and a grand piano for live music make this an ideal spot for a small wedding ceremony or cocktail hour.

Garden ceremonies. There are garden pathways leading to a pergola or gazebo, with lawn space for up to 150 guests. The gardens are a choice spot for portraits, with wrought iron gates, flower beds and landscaping from spring to autumn.

The porches on the Lounsbury House and outdoor spaces on the estate may also be used for cocktail hour or smaller banquets if you prefer.

The venue has tables, chairs, flatware and china for up to 150 guests. You will need to source all of the wedding professionals for your event, but the Lounsbury house has an extensive list of caterers, bartenders and other staff to accommodate your needs. The Lounsbury House is already decorated very tastefully in period colors and themes, so you won't need to do much in the way of dressing it up to make it party-ready.

You will need to check with the staff for approval of decorations to maintain the integrity of the historic venue. You may have music and a DJ, but local ordinances apply to amplified music curfews, so as the staff for the current rules.

The town of Ridgefield is a friendly, upscale walking town, so it's a good place for a walkabout to gather pictures of the local scene for your wedding album. Historic buildings and quintessential New England architecture is all around in the rolling green hills.

• Groomsmen's clubroom upstairs during event
  • Private bridal suite during event
  • Free high-speed Wi-Fi in facility
  • Special de´cor during holidays for winter weddings

Making Memories for More Than Fifty Years

Lounsbury House is one of Ridgefield's grandest mansions. Built in 1896 and designed for entertaining, our stately rooms have been hosting extraordinary weddings and inspiring futures for over fifty years. Situated on beautiful Main Street - a spectacular entrance for the event of your life.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Mansion + Estate

Planning, Service Staff

316 Main St, Ridgefield, CT (203) 438-6962

Nothing but PERFECT

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Tracey

The Lounsbury House is an absolutely gorgeous place for any special occasion! I am so pleased to have had my wedding recently there! This house doesn't need much decor because it is so well kept and beautiful as is! We also loved the caterer they recommended who cooks right... Read More there in the kitchen which many other halls do not provide so we all indeed loved the fresh food! Lastly as for pictures whether you decide inside or out you definitely can't go wrong!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Michele M

We knew when we walked in that this was where our wedding had to be. The staff were so friendly and easy to work with. Melanie did an excellent job in answering questions and accommodating us. Our wedding was absolutely perfect. Thank you for everything. Our pictures are... Read More breathtaking.

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Jess V

Months after our wedding and we are still so in love with The Lounsbury House! As a two bride couple, it was important for us to have a venue that would be comfortable having a same-sex wedding on site. Upon our initial viewing of The Lounsbury House and discussing our options... Read More with Melanie, we were in love! We instantly felt "at home" at The Lounsbury House and could envision our guests having the comfortable and family-focused wedding we were dreaming of. In addition, Melanie and the staff at the site made every effort to ensure our questions were answered and added to our enthusiasm as our wedding day approached. I would highly recommend this venue to any couple searing for a romantic and elegant setting for their indoor or outdoor wedding.

Simply fabulous

Reviewed on 9/05/2014 Virginia W

As Ridgefield residents, my husband and I knew we wanted a venue that signified life in CT to our out-of-town/state friends and family. The Lounsbury House fit the bill and was the most fabulous venue we could have dreamed of. Our guests were completely blown away by the... Read More gorgeous venue, which is so beautiful you won't feel the need to go overboard with elaborate (and expensive) flower arrangements - in my eyes they would distract from the natural beauty and craftmanship of the mansion. We with with low, soft centerpieces which were perfect to enhance, not detract from the space. Beyond the beautiful house, one of the reasons we went with the Lounsbury House was because it affords you the ability to hand select all of your vendors. However, if you are not organized and detail-oriented, this may be quite a task. Keep in mind, the Lounsbury House staff is quick to offer recommendations and is there whenever you have any questions or concerns, putting your mind at ease. In the end, we had the wedding of our dreams in our favorite town, at a venue that was absolutely beyond gorgeous!

Spectacular space/setting

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Leigh F

We loved everything about this location, both inside and outside... Lounsbury is beautiful!

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 8/20/2012 Amanda B

I traveled Main Street frequently as a little girl to visit my grandmother and I always admired The Lounsbury House, so using it as my wedding venue was a "no brainer" for me. You are instantly drawn in by the beautiful wrap-around veranda (where we had cocktail hour), inside is... Read More surrounded by old charm with fire places, a grand piano, and a regal staircase. I adored everything about this venue. When using The Lounsbury House you need to find a caterer (it's not a one stop shop like many typical ballroom wedding venues) I liked this because it allowed us to completely make our menu original and we had the freshest food because it is cooked right there, it also allowed you to stick to a price point by researching different caterers, you are not limited. The dance floor is smaller than your typical ballroom but if you are planning for 100-150 guests and are looking for a naturally beautiful and romantic wedding venue, I would strongly suggest the Lounsbury!

My Venue

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Kristi W

I had my reception and ceremony all in one spot. My guests loved how they only had to walk over from the hotel and enjoy the night without driving anywhere. Everyone is wonderful to work with and the waitstaff went above and beyond to ensure that my father-in-law was well... Read More taken care of. (he is in a wheelchair). I did not hear a complaint on anything. The food received high reviews from my guests