Beach Weddings in South Florida

We specialize in Destination Beach Wedding. All packages include Decor, Officiant and or Minister with Photographer & pictures. All our ceremonies include: Heart of Sand and The Blessing stone toss(inviting all the guest with the newlyweds to make a wish for the Bride/Groom) great opportunity for a group photo op. We strive to make your beach wedding dream come true & offer our services though out the South Florida area. We can offer, violist, steel drums. As well as the release of butteries and doves. What ever it takes to make your day special. We work side by side to make your day perfect. "We will set the stage for your happily ever after"..

• Ceremony Area

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Christian

Backyard, Farm + Ranch, Waterfront, Beach, Park, Restaurant

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Planning

9280 SW 123 Ct , Miami , FL (786) 366-7771

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Sarah G

Patty and her team were extremely professional I am so happy we chose them to help make our wedding truly special. I also loved the photographer! It was sooo hot when we got married we were sweating but Patty warned me ahead of time how hot it would be that time of day and I did... Read More not listen lol. She knows her stuff! Also our wedding was 2 weeks hurricane Irma and Patty remained professional and still helped up pull together our perfect day she even cleared off the beach so that our wedding would be nice and breathtaking. I appreciated that soo much. It went by so fast but the photographs taken by Patty's team brought the memories back so fast and I am so greatful. I could go on and on but I won't because I'm sure you guys get the picture. Don't look for any other wedding vendors, start and stop with Mermaid Beach Weddings. Thank you Patty!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Rudy B

In my wildest dreams, I couldn't imagine a more beautiful wedding than the one we had a few weeks ago. Miami Beach, early in the morning, sun shining, light breeze, a calm gorgeous backdrop... and right in the middle of it was this perfect little wedding setup you see in the... Read More movies, with the flowing fabrics and thousands of rose petals everywhere; seriously one of the prettiest things I've ever seen. Beautiful wedding, with the most beautiful bride the world has ever seen, with 16 of our closest friends and family from all over the country watching- I was quite literally the happiest man on the planet that day (and every day ever since) and I owe much of this to Mermaid Beach Weddings. We got engaged in December of last year, and later decided on a destination wedding. Originally, the plan was to get married on a cruise ship in Miami, and then our entire family would sail off on a week long Carribean cruise together to celebrate. By February, we had booked one of the two wedding venues on the ship, and everyone booked their cabins. Everything was great until a couple months later when we saw a picture of the actual venue- a neon lit piano bar. Nope. Plan B: promptly get a refund for the wedding and have the wedding somewhere off the ship in Miami before the ship set sail at 5 pm. After much research, through The Knot we found Mermaid Beach Weddings. You're seeing the same pictures we did. Wow. And even though we purchased their most expensive package, we still saved $2,000 by not going through the cruise line. Being from Las Vegas, we thought there might be problems having our wedding 2,500 miles away. But our wedding coordinator, Patty, took care of everything. In 7 months of communication with her, all we needed was one phone call and maybe a dozen emails (what colors do you want, what music, etc). I originally wanted a wedding near where we were staying in South Beach, but she let us know how busy South Beach was on a weekend and suggested another area 2 miles north on Mid-Beach. Man, that advice was spot on- pretty much had the entire beach to ourselves, and didn't have a thousand people in the background of all of our wedding photos. But outside of those light communications, honestly I met Patty for the first time for just a couple of minutes, about 45 minutes before the ceremony when I arrived to the wedding site. She gave me a light overview of what was going to happen, gave me a couple of cues (when to turn and face my bride, to wait for our song to start playing before walking back down the aisle, etc) and that was it. Most uncomplicated wedding ever, no need for rehearsal or anything. My picture-perfect wedding happened at 10 am, spent 45 minutes or so taking pictures, and all of us were on the limo-bus to the cruise ship by 11:30. Couldn't have gone any smoother. A week later we got our wedding photos. Looking through them, I looked at my wife and told her "Wow. This is seriously how millionaires get married." Unbelievable. Thanks again to Mermaid Beach Weddings for our perfect day.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Deedra S

I truly enjoyed how Patricia and her staff took great care of my wife and myself. We were nervous because we are a same sex couple but she alleviated all our concerns and helped us create the perfect wedding day. We look at our pictures and video almost every other day! We... Read More couldn’t be more grateful and I recommend choosing Mermaid Weddings if you want to deal with professionalism, organization and a family oriented environment. You won’t regret your decision. I promise!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017

Patty was easy and stress free to work with, this made our Happily ever after worth the beach dream experience really. The day was fun and exciting, without having to worry about anything. Thanks again team Mermaid!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kim L

Thank you Mermaid for making our wedding a beautiful and stress free day that we will forever cherish! Her vision and follow through made a perfect wedding day that until this day, is remembered as "The most elegant and classy wedding" We loved that one Company could take care... Read More of everything for us! This took all of my wedding stress away that all of what we needed for our wedding, Mermaid Beach Weddings made possible! Happy Bride <3

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Shashone L

There are not enough words for me to describe how beautiful & special our day was. The price was awesome. The set-up was awesome. The communication between us and Patty was awesome. I was a little nervous because I'm from out of town and I wouldn't be able to see anything... Read More until the day of, so I was a little hesitant. But I am so glad I decided to go with Mermaid Beach Weddings for our special day. We wanted something simple, yet elegant and of course on the beach. That's what we received. The photoshoot after was a lot of fun. Our family and friends were super impressed. The website to choose what we wanted is very user friendly. The pictures of what you see on the site as well as on social media are exact. It was great because we were able to have my father-in-law marry us and we could customize decorations to make things unique for us. I will always recommend Mermaid Beach Weddings. Super thankful to them!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Paula D

Mermaid Beach Wedding is awesome..My wedding was beautiful I haven't got photos yet but they were on time decoration was beautiful and everyone was very everyone was very nice... I highly recommend them... Patty and her staff were the best.. by the way we were late to our own... Read More wedding due to traffic but they still made our day very special and memorable thank you sooo much..

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Stephanie M

I was very impressed with my experience with a Mermaid Beach wedding , especially they they were a one stop shop, everything was included from photos , notary and beautiful setup for my Ceremony, this definitely made my special day memorial and unforgettable. I was in love with... Read More my pictures and very impressed with how professional the staff was. Thank you Mermaid Beach weddings for my beautiful wedding.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Ana S

I will be forever grateful to Paty and Mermaid Beach Weddings for such a magical beach wedding! They took care of every detail. It made the day stress free and most of all our beach wedding was perfect in every sense! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Tiffany G

Great team, what an amazing day! Very happy to have found this company.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Annette C

We decided to use Mermaid Beach weddings for our intimate wedding this past Thursday it was more than we expected, stress-free, set up was gorgeous, the ceremony was amazing we all cried the entire time and the photographer was the best!!! highly recommend!! Best part very... Read More affordable!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Buffie S

Patricia and her team were AMAZING!! I lost my venue 2 weeks before the wedding and they were able to work something out and save the day!

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Katherine O

I am THRILLED with this organization for helping to organize and perform a vow renewal. We were horrible customers, asking a ton of questions in advance, promising to book, then stalling and not finalizing until a day before the event. Patty was amazing, and was willing to... Read More work with me, regardless of my unprofessionalism. We organized everything through email, and they took a prayer request and song list the day before. I was given perfect instructions for arrival and what to expect on the day. The ceremony was everything we hoped it would be. It was a beautiful sunset ceremony. Patty ordained the service, and her photographer was very professional. We got the pictures back, and they are even BETTER than our wedding day photos. I would hire them again and again! I HIGHLY recommend mermaid beach weddings for vow renewals. You will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Nicole H

We came from Birmingham, Al to Ft. Lauderdale, Fl for our wedding at the beach. Patti and her team made everything so stress free and beautiful. Everything looked just as beautiful as we could have imagined. They did an amazing job!! Would highly recommend to anyone looking to... Read More have a beach wedding without the added stress of putting it all together yourself.

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Tereesha P

Very professional, very easy to work with, made our wedding day special. I would highly recommend Patty and her crew!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Setara M

The wedding was beyond beautiful and it was really stress free considering everything was done for you. However I have to rate them low because they need to work on their communication skills. Getting a hold of them took days! And it took over a month to get my pictures when... Read More they said it's take 2 maybe 3 so when week 5 came along and I tried contacting them about it they just replied, 1 week later, that it takes 2-3 weeks. Well.... that's why I was emailing y'all... It was over a month and I just asked for an update. No need to be rude. (Which by the way the pictures were LOW resolution and they wanted you to pay more to have better quality) I'm not sure if I specifically had these problems because I was paying for a cheaper package and maybe they treat people that are throwing thousands at them better? (I'd hope so for all that money!) Overall, the wedding was nice but for the money you pay they should be more personable.

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Cass F

Easy, one-stop-shop for beach wedding planning. Everything is taken care of by Mermaid Beach Weddings allowing you to fully relax and enjoy your special day.

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Dakota E

I loved everything about the wedding. We got to Miami a few days before the wedding and got to enjoy ourselves without having to worry over the details of the wedding. When the time came, we showed up at the beach and the decorations were so nicely done. They carved out a large... Read More heart in the sand and had a lot of paper lanterns surrounding it. Patty who officiated the wedding was great. It was not a traditional wedding at all and Patty was really kind and tailored the ceremony to make it how we wanted it. I also liked all of the extra things we got to experience. It wasn't just the "I do", we also had a glass heart that we filled with sand and a wish stone that we threw in the ocean. The photographer was great too. Honestly, I could not believe all of the pictures that they sent us as part of our package. All in all, it was a beautiful wedding and the price really cannot be beat.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Jessie M

My fiance and I used Mermaid Beach Weddings for a small symbolic ceremony for our elderly grandparents. We picked a location on Ft. Lauderdale beach to hold our ceremony. Patty made the process very easy and I felt confident going into our "wedding day". On our day, Patty called... Read More me in the morning to verify all details and was there when we arrived on site. She was very attentive and organized when it came to our ceremony. Benjamin was our photographer and was also great. He was friendly and laid back and made us feel comfortable taking photos. Patty and Benjamin listened to us and what we wanted, and made sure that we were happy. Ultimately everything went very smoothly and the ceremony and setting was just what we were looking for. Thank you so much to Patty, Benjamin and Mermaid Beach Weddings for a very special and memorable day!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Claudia P

We are so thankful to have found this wonderful team! Patty and her team made our special day the most wonderful day of our lives. We decided to elope 5 hours away from home in a town we didn't know anyone.  We were initially worried about the planning and details because this... Read More was a leap of faith for us but Patty gave us the confidence that everything was being taken care of and all we should worry about was to look our best that day and ENJOY our day.  We definitely did, the attention to detail, covering absolutely everything we needed and the sweet words spoken during the ceremony, made our day the most perfect one. Her team was very professional and punctual, the pictures came back within a couple of weeks, the videographer she recommended was A1 and affordable. We got our video within a week of the wedding while in our honeymoon and brought us to tears again. We are so glad we decided to go with the referral because it truly captured how we felt that day.  We got to replay our special day and appreciate even more everything that went on that day that we didnt notice at the time because of our nerves.  The arch was exactly the one we requested, the ceremony went on exactly as explained, the setup and cleanup went on smoothly and the commitment to ensure everything was handled for us was impressing. We highly recommend them to anyone looking to get married in South Florida, especially if you are looking for a stress free ceremony  (it does exist!). We decided to elope, just the two of us, a simple ceremony but Patty and her team turned our simple ceremony into a fairy tale. We maintained close communication with Patty throughout the process via email because it was the easiest way for us and she was always the most professional. The few times with spoke on the phone she was very detailed answering our gazillion questions and ensuring we were well informed of the process so it would go on smoothly (as it did!). We wish Patty and her team many many more years of blooming business and hope they are still around when we decide to renew our vows one day!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Josh H

Everyone was so helpful and made sure that my wife and I had our special day go off without any issues. Photographer was great. Perfect use of the sunset and ocean. Was nothing short of perfect.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Jessica Q

Amazing, beautiful and stress free.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Maira F

So thankful for mermaid beach wedding! I had an amazing sunset wedding with them, a dream come true! I highly recommend them. Thank you , mermaid beach weddings

Reviewed on 9/30/2016

Where do I start? Patty from MermaidWeddings made my renewals the most relaxing and unforgettable day for me and my hubby. The ambiance was great, the officiant was excellent, and the photographer was the BOMB. My guests were relaxed and my children had a ball with the taking... Read More of all the pictures. My scenary was so serene and romantic. I will recommend them to anyone. First wedding, renewals, or any other special occasion - Mermaid Weddings will make your day AMAZING! Kudos Patty and the CREW. Thanks again, The Wootens', from the District of Columbia

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 pamela D

Mermaid beach weddings created the perfect romantic beach set up. Everyone was great and the ceremony was beautiful. The words spoken were perfect and we loved everything. Thank you!

Meet The Events Director

Patricia Contreras

I&#39;ve been an officiant since 1997 and worked with the original owners of the Mermaid since 2008. In May of 2014, I was offered the opportunity to purchase the Mermaid. Together with my Sister(Diana) &amp; the support of our family, we were able to revamp the brand &amp; make it better then before. What sets us apart from the competition? We give 110% ourselves to each detail of each ceremony. With the belief that is a once in a lifetime event. We are proud of being perfectionist &amp; taking that stress off our couples. We believe in Love &amp; Happily Ever after..