$ – Inexpensive

Backyard, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden

1590 Peth Road, Manlius, NY (315) 655-8453

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Emily B

We had our late August wedding at Our Farm and it went spectacularly! We took full advantage of all the special details this venue offers, including horse rides for the kids, a hay ride (for kids and adults!), the pumpkin trebuchet and lawn games. Jimmy, the owner, was totally... Read More up for everything and worked hard all day to keep the fun going. A few additional huge perks to this place as opposed to other DIY barn-type venues: clean, new bathrooms (mens, womens and a family bathroom), pretty new barn that requires minimal decoration (has fans, lights, and gas heaters), gorgeous and colorful gardens, mini horse and mini donkey!, convenient location (near enough to Syracuse for vendors, and to Cazenovia, which is a quaint little town guests will love - plenty of sweet B&Bs and historic hotels). I loved to be able to start setting up Wednesday/ Thursday. I also loved the sweet ceremony site, including the handmade arbor. There are a few drawbacks to this venue which are helpful to consider when planning a wedding: 1. There is not a lot of existing large furniture/ decor to use. Another few vintage tables, large barrels, etc. would have been really helpful as these are hard to supply and move yourself if you don't rent a truck. 2. The fact that you have to rent EVERYTHING - dishes, glassware, serveware, linens. This isn't as much a problem with the venue (they are upfront about this) as just something to consider - if you go with this venue, this will be a totally DIY venue. It was a lot more work and cost than I expected. The dishes cost more than the two tents and chairs! All in all, this is a great venue with many unique amenities. It was the perfect backdrop for our laid-back, family-friendly wedding and MANY guests told us this was the best wedding they'd ever attended! Jimmy and Janine will be lifelong friends and we are excited to pick our pumpkins at the farm this fall :)

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 James P

My wife and I loved Our Farm and couldn’t have been more pleased with our wedding. Jimmy and Janine are just wonderful people and a pleasure to talk too. My then fiance and I went to visit the venue and person and had a lovely afternoon conversation with them. Jimmy and Janine... Read More had many recommendations and suggestions that were super helpful (and saved us a lot of money!) including things that neither of us would have thought of. Working with them was very enjoyable and much more pleasant of an experience than any of our friends had. The venue itself is breath takingly beautiful. As beautiful as many of the pictures are on this site the photos just fail to do it justice. The grounds are very well taken care of and it’s obvious that Jimmy and Janine love their land. They are very accommodating and will work hard to get you what you want. With that said the barn is beautifully decorated and my Wife decided she didn’t want to add to it. Also note that the barn now has a wooden floor which is absolutely gorgeous. Jimmy is very prompt which is amazingly helpful especially with last minute details. The trebuchet is a fantastic addition and all of our guests really enjoyed it. My wife and I wouldn’t change anything about our wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Saul F

My wife and I had our wedding here this July and it was amazing! It was a beautiful setting for our ceremony and reception, and the Golubs were incredibly accommodating hosts. The farm had plenty of activities and places for everyone to spread out and enjoy at their own pace,... Read More and the trebuchet went over really well with our guests. Would definitely recommend!