Robert Castagna Photography

Boston, Maine, New England and Destination

Robert Castagna

I love photographing weddings, capturing the candid moments, creating beautiful portraits and yes meeting all of your family and friends throughout the celebration. I've been photographing weddings for over 20 years and hope my relaxed style of candids and portraits fits your wedding day. As a full-time photographer I will provide you with images to share just days after your celebration and often have all of your wedding pictures ready for download in one week. Please feel free to give me a call so we can chat about your day, your expectations and your desires. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Boston, Maine, New England and Destination (617) 833-9271

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Erin M

I could not have picked a better photographer and everyone who has seen our wedding photos agree!! Robert was a pleasure and amazing to work with. He came to my house on a cold day and instantly got creative yet stayed "out of the way" (in a good way!!) . He captured many... Read More gorgeous shots that I will cherish forever. He was recommended to me and I will do the same!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lindsey B

Thank you Robert! You captured one of the most important days in our lives and we could not be happier with the results! We will cherish these photos for a lifetime. Not only did you capture the posed pictures beautifully with great details added in, but you also managed to... Read More capture all of the candid moments that truly bring us right back to that amazing day. We are so grateful for the time you dedicated to us. From the getting ready photos right on through to the very last dance, you never missed a beat! Thank you for putting us at ease with your warm and funny spirit. We really enjoyed working with you! Memories from that incredible day will live on forever in these photos and for that, we cannot thank you enough!

2016-10-30T20:35:46 Response from the vendor

Lindsey and John thank you very much! Your wedding day was very special!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016

This is the photographer to work with. His shots are gorgeously composed and beautifully lit. We felt like rock starts the day of our wedding, and his photos made us look like rock stars too! His manner is lovely --unobtrusive and laid back, warm and kind, gently funny. He puts... Read More everyone at ease, makes them feel great, and allows (encourages!) them to continue socializing -- all while getting all the shots you need. We were delighted at the first few photos he sent almost immediately after the wedding, and when the entire collection of photos came available soon after that, we were astonished at how lovely and fun they are. We have spent hours looking at them together, and with friends and family. We particularly treasure shots of friends in fun and cute moments we didn't experience ourselves. Photography was almost an afterthought in planning our City Hall wedding, but it turned out that being photographed by Robert (especially on our walk from City Hall through Quincy Market and the Greenway to our restaurant) was one of the best parts of our wedding, and we absolutely treasure the photographs. We feel very lucky to have them.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Molly L

My husband and I can't say enough great things about having Robert as our wedding photographer. He beautifully captured the day, and he has such a wonderful way about him. He's so low key and unobtrusive, and yet captures every detail and moment! We had so much fun going through... Read More the candid photos he took! My husband knew of Robert's work prior to our wedding, and he was definitely the photographer for us! Thank you for the beautiful memories, Robert!!

2017-10-18T06:23:03 Response from the vendor

Molly, thank you very much for your kind words. It was a joy to capture your day!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 hannah m

Robert is a talented photographer and awesome guy! My family and I rented a huge house on Frye Island for the last week of summer leading up to our wedding, along with our closest friends, and we spent a lot of time setting up and decorating ourselves, so it was so wonderful to... Read More see that Robert skillfully took many pictures of our surroundings, our crazy friends and our family. He is an all around great person, can get along with anyone (we were worried about having a stiff, non-fun photographer). Not only were our pictures AMAZING but he made no issue of coming to the island or the travel and he was so reasonable when it came to the price. Many of my friends commented on how wonderful he was, how great he got along with everyone and how beautiful his pictures turned out. I recommend Robert to anyone who is looking for a talented and professional photographer for their big day!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Becky S

I am so grateful that we found Robert Castagna to photograph my daughter’s wedding. Most important, the photos are just lovely, and really captured the event. Robert took informal pictures before the wedding, the ceremony, and the formal portraits after the wedding He... Read More adapted to everything the couple wanted to do, which included taking the Red Line subway from our house to the park where the ceremony was. Robert came to our house as planned, while everyone was getting ready to leave, and he immediately became an unobtrusive part of the group. He took delightful, unposed photos of my kitchen full of flowers, the bride and her sister assembling bouquets, an awed and excited little grandchild. Then he captured our walk to the subway, and the ceremony, just as my daughter wanted. When it was appropriate for him to take charge, for the more formal portraits, he did so in a gentle but authoritative manner, making sure everything got done, the backgrounds were perfect, every picture that the bride and groom had asked for. Robert was also very flexible about the timing—we needed him for a shorter time than some families do, not for the reception afterwards. And we got to see the pictures immediately. Robert was easy to work with in every way. I have recommended Robert to everyone. If we ever have another wedding in our family, he’s the first person I’ll call.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017

As a planner who's seen and worked with many photographers, I can't recommend Robert enough! I can always trust that my clients are in good hands. He is attentive, thoughtful, and shoots beautifully.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Mayara F

Words cannot describe how happy we are to have found and hired Robert. Every single picture he took relfected all the immense joy we felt on our wedding day. Let me go item by item on just how awesome Robert is: 1. Robert was so professional and so good, just so incredibly... Read More good, at making sure we had pictures with and of everyone we loved. He captured so many candid moments throughout the entire party, staying with us from the preparation hours until the very last song on the dance floor. Every time we look back at our pictures we get transported back to our special day. 2. Robert was incredibly good with our beloved 4-year-old niece: he managed to get her very comfortable both in formal pictures with family and in candid pictures on the dance floor. He is great with family. Really. He smiles a lot. My family is not fluent in English and yet he managed to communicate seamlessly with everyone. His smiles go a long way. 3. Just one day after the wedding, Robert sent us a link, which we immediately shared with our friends and guests, containing a gallery of our wedding "highlights". He nailed it on the selection front: every single picture among the highlights was just gorgeous. Beautiful lighting, beautiful moment being captured. And just a few days later he sent us a link to the entire gallery, accessible via password, which we also shared with our guests. There were over 1,000 pictures there. We're just going to emphasize this one last time: we highly, so very highly, recommend Robert as your wedding photographer. There are many really awesome and professional photographers out there, but I think few are as artistic, as professional, and as easygoing as Robert.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Tarra T

Unfortunate circumstances left us without a photographer less than 2 months before our wedding. We found Robert and rejoiced when he said he would be happy to make the drive up to Maine. He was everything a photographer should be- punctual, professional, personable, and nearly... Read More invisible :) After our family and wedding party photos, I don't think I saw him more than twice. He was like a ninja! We were free to enjoy our day without feeling like we always had a camera in our face, and somehow, we still had so many amazing shots from the day. We are so happy with our photos and feel so lucky to have found someone as talented as Robert on such short notice!

2017-09-14T15:45:55 Response from the vendor

Tarra, thank you for your kind words and allowing me the opportunity to celebrate with you and your family and friends!

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Lisa N

Dear Robert, Thank you so much for photographing our son's Bar Mitzvah. You captured every moment of our family's special day! The photos are absolutely beautiful! You have preserved memories on film that we will have for a lifetime. Thank you for you care as a person and... Read More your professionalism as a photographer. We love you! With our sincere appreciation, The Nagel Family

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Michelle D

Robert Castagna was the photographer at my son's Bar Mitzvah a week ago and I cannot say enough good things about him. In all honesty, we did not set up much of a 'photo plan' prior to the event, yet he showed up up and had everything under control. He took amazing photos at... Read More the synagogue - and captured all the fun and excitement at the evening party! And he dis so blending into the party. By the next day, Robert had already sent us a sample of his shots and I had the full set within a week. I can't stop looking at them! - Robert truly captured the significance and the fun of my son's special day! I will admit - that upfront I considered 4 photographers, but my gut said Robert was the right choice and now in hindsight I know that I was correct. If you are considering Robert for your Wedding - you should not think twice, book him before it's too late!! I know that I will be calling him again as soon as I have the date for my daughters Bat mitzvah - and for future family portraits! Thank you Robert!!

2017-04-09T07:03:55 Response from the vendor

Michelle, Thank you very much! It was a pleasure celebrating with you and your family.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Megan L

Robert was an amazing photographer, he was hardly noticeable for us or the guests and got amazing photos of everyone looking relaxed. We could not be any happier with our wedding photos and Robert's customer service was amazing. We will be booking him again for future events.

2016-10-16T06:58:32 Response from the vendor

Megan, Thanks again for your very kind words. Loved taking a part in your wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Rachel R

Robert was an excellent photographer on my wedding day -- patient with my eccentric family, professional at all times, and very easygoing. I received the pictures almost immediately, and they came out great. Would not hesitate to recommend.

2016-10-04T10:50:55 Response from the vendor

Rachel, thank you very much for your words! I enjoyed your wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Keith L

My wife and I had the pleasure of working with Robert to capture moments that will last a lifetime for our wedding day. Robert came highly recommended to us by friends and family that had previously used him. Robert is very laid back, funny , creative man. He uses creativity... Read More and great eye to capture the best moment in every photo. Robert showed up on wedding day ready to perform to his greatest ability. As soon as the wedding ended robert starts the process of getting all photos back to you ASAP!! In less than a week we had all photos sent to us (1028) photos to highest quality capturing every moment that we will cherish for ever. I can't thank Robert enough for his hard work and commitment in making it a breeze. Wedding planning can be very stressful, If I can suggest to anyone that is in the process of planning a wedding selecting Robert is a no brainer. I recommend Robert to anyone I know looking for a photographer he will not disappoint.

2016-10-03T18:00:09 Response from the vendor

Keith, Thank you very much for the kind words!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Steve R

Robert came highly recommended. He was an absolute joy to work with. Very professional ,very pleasant, and very creative. He does fantastic work with great results. He interacted seamlessly with the bridal party and the guests. He was very well received and well liked by all.... Read More We would highly recommend Robert to anyone in the area seeking up a photographer for for their wedding.

2016-09-26T08:51:08 Response from the vendor

Steve, It was great celebrating with you and Nancy on your day. You have a wonderful family!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Krystal J

After looking into and researching many different photographers for our August 2015 wedding, we came apon Robert who was amazing! Compared to other photographers that we had met with, Robert clearly has a passion and love for photography and it was clear on our wedding day, as... Read More well as in the wedding pictures! My husband and I could not be happier with Robert's work! We have so many wonderful pictures and he captured every minute. At first, I was interested in a videographer on top of a photographer. After seeing Robert's work, I realized that a videographer would have been silly, since Robert captured every aspect of our wedding in great detail. I would highly recommend Robert!! If I could give 10 stars, I would!!

2016-09-26T08:53:39 Response from the vendor

Krystal, Thank you very much! Your wedding at the Lyman Estate was beautiful. I appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016

Robert Castagna captured one of the most important days of my life and I couldn't be more happy with the result. When my husband and I were planning our wedding we knew the photographer was one of the most important elements to us as the day would inevitably pass quickly but the... Read More photos would forever be our link to that special day. Robert Castagna was the perfect choice for us. His photos were absolutely beautiful, he captured every memorable moment but was never in the way of our guest's experience. It felt so natural the day flowed with no stress and he was able to get all of the wonderful photos we now treasure! I would recommend Robert to anyone who needs a professional, and talented photographer for any occasion. 😀

Reviewed on 8/29/2016

We chose Robert as the photographer for our daughters wedding because of his vast area of unique photos, his laid-back style and the recommendation from the Royal Sonesta. He met with me to plan various locations for pre-wedding photos, he incorporated all the ideas I sent him... Read More via Pinterest, and my favorite pictures of our daughter are the ones he took! I would highly recommend him for any special occasion photography!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Lisa W

Robert photographed both our engagement session (with our dog!) and our wedding, and we could not have been happier that we chose him! Leading up to our event, he always replied to my emails in a timely fashion. We had the opportunity to meet at his studio to discuss details,... Read More and we also spoke on the phone a number of times. My husband and I both have large families, and Robert did an excellent job capturing all the combinations of people that we wanted photographed. Our pictures were a nice combination of formal portraits and fun/artsy photos. Robert was extremely punctual the day of our wedding. He dressed professionally and had a nice, calm way about him. He emailed us a sneak peak of our photos just days after our wedding, and we got the full collection of high resolution, edited pictures a week or two later. We also decided to order a formal album from Robert which turned out absolutely beautiful. It is such a nice keepsake from our wedding day! I would highly recommend Robert. You will certainly not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Karen R

Robert was absolutely wonderful on our wedding day and I have no reservations recommending him to others. Leading up to the wedding, Robert was very responsive and answered my many questions, which makes wedding planning that much easier. On the day of, Robert was punctual and... Read More efficient, and had no problems managing all the people he needed to photograph. He has a very calm presence and good vibes, and taking photos was fun versus rushed and stressful. He got all of our photos to us within one week of our wedding, and we were so happy with his work and had so much fun looking through all of the photos. Robert is a top notch professional and anyone would be lucky to have him photograph their event! Thank you so much Robert.

Amazing Photos!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Sabrina A

I could not wait to write a review for Robert. We are so happy we chose him. Robert took both our engagement and wedding photos. Robert is an extremely talented photographer. He is so easy to work with, funny and laid back. He knows how to be creative and take unique, memorable... Read More photos - but at the same time, knows when and how to take charge of a crazy bridal party to ensure you have all your formal photos you want to look back on. On the day of our wedding, Robert was at my house taking getting ready photos and stayed until our last dance. He is dedicated, super talented and we are in love with our photos. He got our photos back to us so fast, and we loved every single one. Thank you so much!

Beautiful pictures, Super nice guy

Reviewed on 1/30/2013 Kari Anne A

My husband and I met Robert over a year prior to our wedding. We took the drive out to his studio to meet him and view some of his work. We wanted to work with vendors with whom our personalities meshed well. Robert was very laid back and funny. We knew that we wanted an... Read More unobstrusive photographer and he assured us that was his style... We talked to him very little between booking and the wedding. He called about 1-2 weeks before and we chatted over the last minute details. When I arrived at the venue on the big night, he had already arrived and was just waiting for us. Throughout the "posed" family and bridal party pictures, everyone loved his easy-going personality and ability to banter with my verbose family :). For the rest of the night, he blended in perfectly with the guests and captured so many wonderful shots. And a HUGE plus - he had all of our photos (almost 600 images) edited and ready for viewing within a week and a half of our event. While on our honeymoon, both my husband and I kept talking about how awesome Robert had been and how we was one of our favorite vendors! Thank you, Robert!

Talented Photographer!

Reviewed on 12/16/2012 Anna A

My husband and I worked with Robert for both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures. He is an incredibly skilled and talented photographer and we absolutely loved all of the pictures he took for us. Plus, Robert is easy going and relaxed and a fun guy to work with. When we... Read More did our engagement pictures, I was looking to have them taken outdoors at the peak of fall foliage. Robert was very flexible on time and date and told me to email when I thought the colors were just right with the leaves. He gave us pointers on times of day to schedule the shoot to capture the best light. When we actually had the shoot, Robert came with a lot of great ideas for shots and he listened to and incorporated our ideas as well. The pictures came out beautifully. We were already so impressed with Robert by the time our wedding came around, but he managed to exceed our expectations even more. We got married at the Saphire Estate in Sharon, MA and took pictures beforehand at the Sheraton in Norwood, MA. Robert was very familiar with both locations and knew just what sorts of shots would look great. He managed to corral both of our large families and we got through a ton of posed family portraits with great efficiency and speed. Robert won over the feisty children we had in the wedding and even the rambunctious groomsmen. Robert captured so many amazing moments for us. He got the posed shots and even the candid moments that we never expected. There were so many pictures of fun moments we had during the reception that I didn't even realize he was capturing. I can't sing Robert's praises enough. I'm so happy we had the privilege to work with him. I would *highly* recommend Robert to anyone seeking out a photographer.

Photographer

Reviewed on 11/14/2012 Alycia F

We used Robert for our Oct. 2012 wedding and our Oct. 2011 engagement pictures. Robert was wonderful to work with because of his personality, professionalism, and prompt service. He always responded to emails and telephone calls promptly and was flexible with his time as far... Read More as scheduling meetings with us. We received our engagement photos via DVD and online photo gallery link faster than promised, our wedding picture DVD was waiting in our mailbox when we returned from our honeymoon! He had also emailed the photo gallery link to us within a week of our wedding. On the wedding day, a time when most people are very anxious and stressed, Robert was very calm and effective in directing our wedding party to get the best pictures possible. Robert is a great vendor to use as a photographer for any event. After looking at some of the pictures, we did not even notice him taking the picture!

Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 10/14/2012 Megan T

Robert was honestly one of the best parts of my wedding. He took over 600 photos and they were absolutely amazing! He was able to take a wide range of photos but really made him stand out was his creativity and flexibility. He was one of the only photographers I spoke to that... Read More did not require a time limit for taking photos. He came up with the best ideas for photos and was so fun to work with. All of my bridesmaids said how fun and laidback he was. The day really wouldn't have been the same without him. If you want amazing photos and a photographer willing to go the extra mile I would highly recommend choosing Robert!

Robert Castagna

I'm a photographer and artist based out of Boston and Maine. What I enjoy most about weddings are the candid moments, the pictures that capture the intimate interactions amongst couples and guests, to perceive and capture the day as it unfolds. I started with black and white film years ago, the love of walking the streets and finding that odd mixture of sun, shadow, detail and personality. It's all about perception. Of course a wedding day involves so much more. Besides photography I love art, music and yoga. I look forward to getting to know you.