Entertainment for Extraordinary Weddings

Your wedding day should reflect your style and tastes. Music can play a significant role in sharing a part of yourselves with your friends and family. Instead of offering a standard, corny DJ 'show', I can help you create a reception that is elegant, unique, and one your guests will never forget.

Classical, Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Pittsburgh, PA (412) 436-3445

Best DJ In Pittsburgh!

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Madison P

Eric Schiemer went above and beyond any expectation that my husband and I had for our DJ services on the day of our wedding. What drew us to Eric was his amazing website showing playlists from weddings throughout the years, and a concrete idea of what to expect from him. He... Read More not only provides amazing musical services for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and wedding reception, but he also takes some amazing photos of the special day. Eric's photos were wonderful and really helped capture a few moments of the day/night that we would not have had otherwise. I mean, REALLY NICE (Check out his website). Aside from being professional and extremely organized, Eric was also a very kind and amiable person to work with. He made us want to work with him! Instead of scheduling an in person meeting to start, I opted for a phone call to find out more information. Eric had so much energy and great ideas that I could tell we would all work well together. From then on, we signed a contract with Eric and never had to worry about a thing. He was great at keeping in touch when certain items needed to be confirmed, and when we needed advice for song choices, he had thoughtful ideas. In the months leading up to the wedding, my husband and I met with Eric and ran through a timeline of the wedding day. Eric helped us organize what songs would be played at what times, and gave valuable input on ideas that we had. He works with you to organize the type of reception you hope to have and for us, we wanted a nonstop dance party. Eric delivered and made our music dreams come true! He acted as an MC for the night and really led the introductions, speeches, and special dances. Our reception would not have been the same without him and the number of compliments we received regarding his work was overwhelming. I've since referred him to multiple couples getting married in 2016 because it is clear that he will not disappoint. On top of an amazing night with great music, Eric also blogged about our wedding and mailed us a personalized time lapse, photo montage, and copy of the playlist from our wedding. My husband and I truly believe that we received the best treatment from him and cannot thank him enough for his help and hard work. We like to think that we not only had a wonderful time due in large part to Eric's skills, but also that we made a friend in the process. Work with Eric Schiemer and you will be so happy that you did!

DJ Eric is the best!

Reviewed on 1/03/2016 Brett Alaina B

If you want to have an incredible wedding, book DJ Eric Schiemer right now! My husband and I booked Eric for our September 2015 wedding and he was one of our best decisons we made during that process. He loves DJing and it shows. All night we had guests coming up to us saying... Read More what an awesome DJ we had. I wish I was more of a party planner type because if I could work with Eric all the time, I would! He is so responsive, very organized, and by your event he will be your friend! He's such a steal I still can't believe it - he DJed/MCed our wedding reception, handled our ceremony music (all wireless speakers...no messy cords!), designed our monogram, provided beautiful uplighting, AND took all kinds of fun (and great quality) reception pictures. The pictures were especially awesome because he posted them by the next morning so we got to look at them with our families at brunch. In fact, he took one of my favorite pictures of my husband and I during our first dance. We are even getting it blown up to hang in our house! On top of that, he gives you a login for your own fantastic online music planner. You enter all the songs you want to play for your different events (i.e., first dance, cake cutting, parent dances, etc.) and if he doesn't have the music, he'll get it. You can also make 3 playlists on there - "Love It" (songs he will definitely play), "Like It" (he'll play some and use the rest as a guide), and "Hate It" (he will BAN - goodbye "Funky Chicken!!). He will totally make your wedding whatever you want it to be. He had the dance floor full with guests of all ages the entire night because he is great at reading the crowd. Oh, one more thing, he is a total BLAST. My husband and I even stopped dancing at one point to make sure we got a picture with our favorite DJ ever! It was a great experience working with him and he really goes out of his way to make your special day as perfect as possible. Book DJ Eric now!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Meghan O

Hire Eric. He will be the best decision you make for your wedding. He is so wonderful and I cannot say enough about him. From the beginning he was so excited and enthusastic about our wedding, we really felt that he cared about all of it as much as we did. He was very responsive... Read More and offered help whenever we needed it. He uses a website that makes it simple to plan your ceremony and reception and gives you the option to manage the music as much as you want. At the wedding, he did a phenomenal job reading the room and playing whatever would get people up dancing and keep people on the floor. Every song he picked was fantastic and it felt like he really knew who we are and what we like. In addition to being the best wedding DJ, Eric is also an amazing photographer. He took beautiful photos of our reception space, of people dancing, and of all the special dances happening throughout the night. Not only are the photos amazing, they're so quick. We got married at 6:00pm on a Saturday night and we had pictures by the next afternoon. Eric is truly amazing and will make your wedding unforgettable.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Lori S

Eric was so unbelievably amazing! I wholeheartedly recommend him 100%. Our wedding was at the Carnegie Museum, which has very complicated acoustic issues. They recommended Eric because he has worked the venue many times -- and I am SO glad they did. He knew exactly how to make... Read More the acoustics work and immediately put me at ease. Eric is also the most positive person I've ever met. He was not only willing to work with me to make sure all of my non-traditional ideas could be implemented, he was actually enthusiastic about them! He made everything so easy and kept the dance floor bumping all night. My reception was perfect thanks to his professionalism and expertise! As a completely unexpected plus he took AMAZING photos of our reception. Waking up to his pictures after he had done such an amazing job DJing the wedding was the icing on the cake I could never have predicted. I could not recommend him more!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Shayne S

As a planner, I've had a pleasure of working with Eric on many client weddings. His energy and excitement for his work are unmatched! Eric not only is attentive to the details of your music, but he takes the utmost care to ensure quality sound, especially in venues with acoustic... Read More challenges. As an added plus, he'll even take a few snapshots of your dance floor so that you have even more memories to cherish later on. If you're looking for a wedding DJ who is professional, organized, fun and able to keep the crowd dancing all night long, hire him!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Ashley Y

Eric was fantastic! He was so full of energy and very easy to communicate with! You can definitely tell he takes pride in what he does and gives his all each and every time! We didn't have to worry about anything all night, he kept everything running smoothly!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Mallori K

We chose our wedding date based on Eric's availability. He is THAT good!!! No other DJ will ever be good enough for our family. Eric makes the event run so smoothly and his passion for what he does is infectious! We are beyond thankful for him and how his talent made our wedding... Read More the absolute best.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Erin F

Eric was absolutely amazing and went above and beyond all of our expectations. I would recommend him to any bride. From the first time we spoke over Skype I had no doubts that he would make our day absolutely perfect. He was very quick to respond to all emails and calls, he... Read More listened to all of our requests, he is so positive and makes you feel confident about the most important day of your life. In addition, he made three amazing videos within 12 hours of us being married and took tons of beautiful pictures. An extra step that we never expected. He made our night amazing and unforgettable.

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Lauren P

I am so happy with the my decision to go with Eric for my DJ! He was always an absolute pleasure to work with, and we both would recommend him for anyone's event. My now husband loves to procrastinate-- yet HE was the one who kept reminding me to write a review for Eric! That... Read More really shows something! Eric was always quick to respond via email, and always more than willing to answer all of my questions. He is incredibly professional, but also very fun to work with. He definitely made my reception go by without any issues-- I had complete confidence in him. He was great about finding us and moving things along as well. He read the crowd and changed up any songs when necessary. He even took some photos and mailed them to us on a flash drive! He really goes above and beyond. Not only that, but you can TELL he loves his job and loves helping people have an awesome wedding. That positivity reflects in all his work. I know there are a lot of options when you're looking for a DJ, and it can be hard to pick a DJ because you can't see them in action beforehand. But I would urge anyone looking for a DJ to give Eric a call. You will not be disappointed. Thank you again Eric for all the help making our wedding unforgettable!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Leeza C

Eric was hands down one of the best decision Kevin and I could of made on our wedding day! Not only is he genuine, easy to work with and extremely organized, but he goes above and beyond to make your wedding day perfect. Trust me without him I cannot imagine our day being... Read More perfect and all of our guests raved about him! He kept everyone dancing all night (I have never seen a dance floor so packed) and even takes the time to send you a flash drive full of pictures he took. He is the most AMAZING dj! You seriously cannot find anyone better!! Thank you thank you Eric for everything!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Leeza C

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Ashley H

We loved working with Eric of Schiemer Entertainment Services! From our first meeting, we could tell that he loves what he does, and it was apparent to our wedding guests as well. Eric is enthusiastic and fun! He's also very professional, and we never had a single worry about... Read More how our DJ services would go, as we knew he had it covered. He played all of our "must-plays", and used those to create the perfect playlist for our wedding. We also loved the pictures that he was able to take of our guests dancing the night away! We can't say enough good things about Schiemer Entertainment!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Johnna V

Eric was more than we expected out of a DJ. He flawlessly provided music for our ceremony and reception, he also created a monogram that was perfect. He was very easy to work with and was quick to respond to all questions that we had. His wedding music planner gave us input for... Read More all of our special songs, as well as the type of music we wanted played during both the cocktail hour and dinner. He took a lot of pictures during our ceremony and reception, some of which came out better than what was taken professionally. We highly recommend him. Thank you so much Eric for everything.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Nicole O

Eric was absolutely fantastic and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ at our wedding! He is a very nice person and he made the whole experience exciting! He also made everything so easy to coordinate which is huge when planning a traditional wedding. Furthermore, he was very... Read More responsive and understanding to our needs. I highly recommend Eric Schiemer for your wedding DJ!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jessica O

Eric is the best DJ ever!! You seriously cannot go wrong hiring him. We reached out to him based on a rave review from our friend's wedding. Eric is unbelievably organized, ready to help, and very supportive. The entire music situation - the ceremony, cocktail hour, and... Read More reception - was a breeze thanks to Eric. He made sure to even discuss design with us. Our venue was outside and he found a way to set up the speakers so that we didn't even notice them. We met a week before the wedding and we left feeling a renewed excitement for the big day! I never had to worry at all about Eric doing exactly what we wanted and needed. Our venue let us stay really late and not only did Eric stay to keep the party going, but he did the most amazing job of "reading" the dance floor and kept people on it all night long. He even had pictures for us (that he had asked to take ahead of time) - which ended up being some of our favorites from the entire day! Hiring Eric was hands down one of the easiest and best decisions we made for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Bridgette G

The BEST vendor decision we made was having Eric as our DJ! From the very first time we met him, he made us feel very comfortable and was so genuinely excited for us. He made the planning process so easy with an online portal that we could control and be as hands on or hands off... Read More as we wanted. He had set up helpful sample playlists and libraries as well as laid out every important and fun song we would need to think of. On the day of he continued to check in with us before switching gears and smoothly mc'd everything. The dance floor was crowded the entire night. The most amazing thing that happened and the reason I will recommend him to absolutely everyone is that we had guests say goodbye to us towards the end of the reception who decided to stay until the very end because they just had to dance to the next songs that were played. Eric sent us a flash drive of pictures and songs that was waiting for us when we got back to our honeymoon. We joked that with all of that we should have paid him more money! If we could give Eric more than 5 stars we would.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Rachel S

Eric was amazing to work with! He was accommodating and helped us think through the timeline and party details. He is one of the few DJ's have encountered that played music at a low enough volume during dinner that still allowed guests to talk and enjoy conversation. We... Read More received tons of feedback from guests that they LOVED the mix of music he played and how he kept the party going!!! Eric won't disappoint!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Nicole

Eric goes above and beyond as a DJ. He's so easy to work with, quick to respond to questions, and incredibly organized. He got our guests on their feet and kept them dancing all night. Our guests spoke so highly of Eric following the reception. Not to mention, he takes... Read More incredible photos. We were so thrilled to have Eric as the DJ for our wedding!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Christina C

Eric was absolutely AMAZING to work with! I've never met anyone as passionate and enthusiastic about what they do than Eric. He is extremely organized, talented, helpful and kind. The information he provides you with and his fantastic website truly make this part of wedding... Read More planning a piece of cake! It was so fun and easy to go through the website and listen to/select songs, especially when you don't know where to begin. It was also nice because you could go onto the website as many times as you want, re-listen to songs, update your choices, etc. and it's all kept in one place for you! Eric used our music selections and style to create the best, most diverse playlist, keeping our guests happy and dancing all night long! Each song flowed into the next and before we knew it, we were asking for "one more song!". Eric even took outstanding photos at the wedding and shared them with us afterward. He created a video/slideshow that my guests still rave about! I would hands down recommend Eric to anyone looking for phenomenal DJ services (and some awesome photography as well!) Thank you, Eric!!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Bethany F

If you're looking to keep your wedding lasting to the very last second, choose Eric as your DJ! We chose Eric from having experienced him through another wedding and we couldn't have been happier! His personalized website makes organizing the reception a breeze and so much fun!... Read More We can't thank Eric enough for keeping the party going and making our night memorable!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Kaitlyn O

Amazing dj! He played all of our requests and had people on the dance floor all night long. We received so many compliments from our guests on how great he was. Highly recommend Eric to anyone looking for a dj!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Kiera R

Best DJ Ever! If you're considering hiring Eric for your wedding, our advice is do it and do it immediately! He made our April 2016 wedding reception exactly what we wanted and more by listening to our ideas, lending his experience, and just being an all around awesome... Read More person. Everyone had a great time and our guests were on the dance floor all night long. We wanted a super fun dance party without any cheesiness and Eric definitely delivered.

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Chrissy K

Eric was nothing short of AMAZING! From our initial meeting until he delivered us personal photos of our night after the wedding, he was awesome to work with! He is SO genuine and you can tell he REALLY wants you to have the best day ever! He followed our song preference list... Read More we made ahead of time to a tee and our dance floor was never empty! He even played TWO "last songs" (and what more could you want at that moment when you know your night is about to end??!!) It is so cool how he takes his own photos and delivers them to you. I really loved that added touch! I have already recommended him to many friends for future gigs. Music was a big priority for my wedding and I was nervous trying to find the right fit, and Eric was it!! I will be using him again for any future needs! Well done.

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Briana D

Where do I begin?! Eric is phenomenal. From the very first meeting, he completely exceeded our expectations and went above and beyond to make our wedding the most perfect day. Not only is he fantastic at what he does, but he's also one of the greatest guys you'll ever meet. It's... Read More been a month since our wedding and we still have people talking about our "awesome DJ". :-) Brides (and grooms!)... You. Need. This. Guy.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016

Eric was the DJ for our wedding at Carnegie Music Hall and he did a fantastic job. He made sure there was a good flow to the evening and no one left the dance floor once the music started! Eric is a great guy, very easy to work with, and I would highly recommend.