Entertainment for Extraordinary Weddings

Your wedding day should reflect your style and tastes. Music can play a significant role in sharing a part of yourselves with your friends and family. Instead of offering a standard, corny DJ 'show', I can help you create a reception that is elegant, unique, and one your guests will never forget.

Arabic, Classical, Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

Pittsburgh, PA (412) 436-3445

DJ Eric is the best!

Reviewed on 1/03/2016 Brett Alaina B

If you want to have an incredible wedding, book DJ Eric Schiemer right now! My husband and I booked Eric for our September 2015 wedding and he was one of our best decisons we made during that process. He loves DJing and it shows. All night we had guests coming up to us saying... Read More what an awesome DJ we had. I wish I was more of a party planner type because if I could work with Eric all the time, I would! He is so responsive, very organized, and by your event he will be your friend! He's such a steal I still can't believe it - he DJed/MCed our wedding reception, handled our ceremony music (all wireless speakers...no messy cords!), designed our monogram, provided beautiful uplighting, AND took all kinds of fun (and great quality) reception pictures. The pictures were especially awesome because he posted them by the next morning so we got to look at them with our families at brunch. In fact, he took one of my favorite pictures of my husband and I during our first dance. We are even getting it blown up to hang in our house! On top of that, he gives you a login for your own fantastic online music planner. You enter all the songs you want to play for your different events (i.e., first dance, cake cutting, parent dances, etc.) and if he doesn't have the music, he'll get it. You can also make 3 playlists on there - "Love It" (songs he will definitely play), "Like It" (he'll play some and use the rest as a guide), and "Hate It" (he will BAN - goodbye "Funky Chicken!!). He will totally make your wedding whatever you want it to be. He had the dance floor full with guests of all ages the entire night because he is great at reading the crowd. Oh, one more thing, he is a total BLAST. My husband and I even stopped dancing at one point to make sure we got a picture with our favorite DJ ever! It was a great experience working with him and he really goes out of his way to make your special day as perfect as possible. Book DJ Eric now!

Reviewed on 1/14/2018 Christy S

We were told that the DJ can make or break your wedding day - so true! Eric helped make our amazing day a truly amazing day. The DJ is the master of ceremonies, which Eric did flawlessly, but he also provided his expert guidance like a wedding planner during the actual event.... Read More We met with him several times leading up to the wedding. I think he was as excited about our wedding as we were. He did not feel like a vendor, but a friend that happened to be our DJ. His process for selecting music (and deselecting music) was easy and he was very consultative through the whole process. If your photographer is cool with it (our awesome photographer Christina Montemurro was), then Eric will take some pictures throughout the event that captures a whole different dynamic from the reception. When you are selecting all of your vendors, it can be overwhelming, but I can honestly say that having Eric at our wedding was a no-brainer. Thank you very much!

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Leeann G

Eric is, first, one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. That matters a LOT, because you'll be working side-by-side with him to plan the biggest party of your lives! Every wedding we work together is a blast, and he's always so professional and keeps the dance floor packed.... Read More Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Jessica P

Highly recommend Eric! He was so organized, detailed and anticipated all our needs. Great music selection and great to work with!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Kaylyn K

Hire Eric NOW! He seriously does an amazing job and enjoys doing it. He helped make the entire day seamless and was so organized keeping us on track during the reception. So many people commented on how much fun the dance floor was at our wedding and how great our DJ was. I have... Read More already recommended Eric several times and will continue to do so. Eric's planning tool helped us input songs we LOVED and request songs easily. I have no regrets. Eric went above and beyond and I'm sure will do his absolute best at all his future weddings.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Ashley M

Eric made our wedding day EPIC!!!! He was the best DJ and person to work with for our wedding! My husband and I got married in Pittsburgh but were living in Chicago at the time we were planning the wedding. This made it hard to meet with all of our vendors. We originally met... Read More Eric through Skype and instantly knew he was going to make magic happen on our dance floor! He was so outgoing and excited for us to get married. We hired him on the spot and we couldn't of asked for a better person to DJ our big day!! He was in constant communication with us and super flexible. He Skyped us many times throughout the planning process to make sure we were all on the same page. On our actual wedding day we had a couple last minute changes...of course and Eric could not have been calmer. Before our bridal party was introduced we had to switch some songs...with minutes to spare he said no big deal and everything went FLAWLESS!! We even extended the party because the dance floor was never empty! Even when the last song played at 1:00AM people still wanted more of his music! He was the life of the party and made everything perfect!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Amanda P

Eric was AMAZING to work with! He has such a fun personality, and it is hard not to smile and laugh when with him. Eric took each of our ideas and totally helped us to make our wedding day perfect. The online planning system was very user-friendly and easy to update until the... Read More last minutes. He provided gorgeous uplighting for our country club wedding. Eric played music that perfectly fit our day. He rolled with last minute changes, checked in with the bridal party often, and genuinely seemed to have a great time, too! I loved that Eric came out to the dance floor to dance with us. He took lots of photos and even sent us a USB drive with over 100 pictures of our day. I highly recommend working with Eric for any wedding!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Meghan D

DJ Eric was a pleasure to work with from start to finish throughout the entire course of our Pittsburgh wedding. Our venue was slightly complicated for acoustics (The Pennsylvanian) and he handled the challenge without a problem. He was so genuinely enthusiastic about any... Read More ideas we had and always very prompt to answer any of our questions. I would not hesitate to recommend DJ Eric to anyone planning a Pittsburgh wedding.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Alex S

"I tried to leave the dancefloor but I couldnt - the DJ was just too good." - a groomsman in our party. And that absolutely sums it up! Eric took every single note we reviewed during our brief meetings and handled it like a pro. Our guests couldnt get enough of the dancefloor... Read More and didnt leave all night - we even extended our reception 15 minutes so everyone could enjoy the music. It was friendly for a crowd of all ages but modern, fun, and poppy. He handled every moment of the night like a pro. Several friends told me he was the only DJ I should even look into and I would tell you the same. He gracefully handled a transition from the ground floor of our hotel venue to the rooftop seamlessly. His energy and charisma shined through without being cheesy and kitschy. My family said he was by far the best wedding DJ they have ever come across at a wedding near or far. I cannot say enough good things about him. Thank you, Eric!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 kate v

My husband and I got married at Phipps Conservatory & Botanical Gardens and Eric was awesome! We switched DJs a little late in the process but there was nothing left to chance with Eric. He was super well organized, and has an awesome tool on his website where you can add songs... Read More to "Love it" "Like it" and "Hate it" lists, so that you can specifically decide the songs you want to hear at your wedding. But also, if you don't have a vision, he's able to take the idea of what you want and put it into action (like he did for the dinner part of the reception). He also has a ton of examples of song lists for what other couples have done, in case you're not sure where to start. All in all, it was an awesome experience. He was such a joy at the event, had a smile on his face the whole time, was relaxed but professional, and made sure everyone was on the dance floor having an awesome time! Thanks Eric!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Jen B

Eric was simply amazing. His energy and enthusiasm kept people on the dance floor all night. He helped to also keep everything on track as far as timing for special dances, cutting the cake etc. I didn't even have to think about it. He was kind and funny. I was also completely... Read More blown away when a few weeks after our wedding we received a flash drive in the mail. He had taken pictures of the venue before everyone got there, during the reception and the most amazing was the time lapse video!!! Some of the photos he took are my favorite of the day! Super high quality. These were all surprises and brought tears to my eyes. I was introduced to him at a friends wedding and knew he had to be our DJ! If you want the best experience for the mood and atmosphere at your wedding Eric is the man for the job!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Meghan O

Hire Eric. He will be the best decision you make for your wedding. He is so wonderful and I cannot say enough about him. From the beginning he was so excited and enthusastic about our wedding, we really felt that he cared about all of it as much as we did. He was very responsive... Read More and offered help whenever we needed it. He uses a website that makes it simple to plan your ceremony and reception and gives you the option to manage the music as much as you want. At the wedding, he did a phenomenal job reading the room and playing whatever would get people up dancing and keep people on the floor. Every song he picked was fantastic and it felt like he really knew who we are and what we like. In addition to being the best wedding DJ, Eric is also an amazing photographer. He took beautiful photos of our reception space, of people dancing, and of all the special dances happening throughout the night. Not only are the photos amazing, they're so quick. We got married at 6:00pm on a Saturday night and we had pictures by the next afternoon. Eric is truly amazing and will make your wedding unforgettable.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Lora S

Eric was so unbelievably amazing! I wholeheartedly recommend him 100%. Our wedding was at the Carnegie Museum, which has very complicated acoustic issues. They recommended Eric because he has worked the venue many times -- and I am SO glad they did. He knew exactly how to make... Read More the acoustics work and immediately put me at ease. Eric is also the most positive person I've ever met. He was not only willing to work with me to make sure all of my non-traditional ideas could be implemented, he was actually enthusiastic about them! He made everything so easy and kept the dance floor bumping all night. My reception was perfect thanks to his professionalism and expertise! As a completely unexpected plus he took AMAZING photos of our reception. Waking up to his pictures after he had done such an amazing job DJing the wedding was the icing on the cake I could never have predicted. I could not recommend him more!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Shayne S

As a planner, I've had a pleasure of working with Eric on many client weddings. His energy and excitement for his work are unmatched! Eric not only is attentive to the details of your music, but he takes the utmost care to ensure quality sound, especially in venues with acoustic... Read More challenges. As an added plus, he'll even take a few snapshots of your dance floor so that you have even more memories to cherish later on. If you're looking for a wedding DJ who is professional, organized, fun and able to keep the crowd dancing all night long, hire him!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Ashley Y

Eric was fantastic! He was so full of energy and very easy to communicate with! You can definitely tell he takes pride in what he does and gives his all each and every time! We didn't have to worry about anything all night, he kept everything running smoothly!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Mallori K

We chose our wedding date based on Eric's availability. He is THAT good!!! No other DJ will ever be good enough for our family. Eric makes the event run so smoothly and his passion for what he does is infectious! We are beyond thankful for him and how his talent made our wedding... Read More the absolute best.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Erin F

Eric was absolutely amazing and went above and beyond all of our expectations. I would recommend him to any bride. From the first time we spoke over Skype I had no doubts that he would make our day absolutely perfect. He was very quick to respond to all emails and calls, he... Read More listened to all of our requests, he is so positive and makes you feel confident about the most important day of your life. In addition, he made three amazing videos within 12 hours of us being married and took tons of beautiful pictures. An extra step that we never expected. He made our night amazing and unforgettable.

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Lauren P

I am so happy with the my decision to go with Eric for my DJ! He was always an absolute pleasure to work with, and we both would recommend him for anyone's event. My now husband loves to procrastinate-- yet HE was the one who kept reminding me to write a review for Eric! That... Read More really shows something! Eric was always quick to respond via email, and always more than willing to answer all of my questions. He is incredibly professional, but also very fun to work with. He definitely made my reception go by without any issues-- I had complete confidence in him. He was great about finding us and moving things along as well. He read the crowd and changed up any songs when necessary. He even took some photos and mailed them to us on a flash drive! He really goes above and beyond. Not only that, but you can TELL he loves his job and loves helping people have an awesome wedding. That positivity reflects in all his work. I know there are a lot of options when you're looking for a DJ, and it can be hard to pick a DJ because you can't see them in action beforehand. But I would urge anyone looking for a DJ to give Eric a call. You will not be disappointed. Thank you again Eric for all the help making our wedding unforgettable!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Leeza C

Eric was hands down one of the best decision Kevin and I could of made on our wedding day! Not only is he genuine, easy to work with and extremely organized, but he goes above and beyond to make your wedding day perfect. Trust me without him I cannot imagine our day being... Read More perfect and all of our guests raved about him! He kept everyone dancing all night (I have never seen a dance floor so packed) and even takes the time to send you a flash drive full of pictures he took. He is the most AMAZING dj! You seriously cannot find anyone better!! Thank you thank you Eric for everything!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Ashley H

We loved working with Eric of Schiemer Entertainment Services! From our first meeting, we could tell that he loves what he does, and it was apparent to our wedding guests as well. Eric is enthusiastic and fun! He's also very professional, and we never had a single worry about... Read More how our DJ services would go, as we knew he had it covered. He played all of our "must-plays", and used those to create the perfect playlist for our wedding. We also loved the pictures that he was able to take of our guests dancing the night away! We can't say enough good things about Schiemer Entertainment!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Johnna V

Eric was more than we expected out of a DJ. He flawlessly provided music for our ceremony and reception, he also created a monogram that was perfect. He was very easy to work with and was quick to respond to all questions that we had. His wedding music planner gave us input for... Read More all of our special songs, as well as the type of music we wanted played during both the cocktail hour and dinner. He took a lot of pictures during our ceremony and reception, some of which came out better than what was taken professionally. We highly recommend him. Thank you so much Eric for everything.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Nicole O

Eric was absolutely fantastic and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ at our wedding! He is a very nice person and he made the whole experience exciting! He also made everything so easy to coordinate which is huge when planning a traditional wedding. Furthermore, he was very... Read More responsive and understanding to our needs. I highly recommend Eric Schiemer for your wedding DJ!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jessica O

Eric is the best DJ ever!! You seriously cannot go wrong hiring him. We reached out to him based on a rave review from our friend's wedding. Eric is unbelievably organized, ready to help, and very supportive. The entire music situation - the ceremony, cocktail hour, and... Read More reception - was a breeze thanks to Eric. He made sure to even discuss design with us. Our venue was outside and he found a way to set up the speakers so that we didn't even notice them. We met a week before the wedding and we left feeling a renewed excitement for the big day! I never had to worry at all about Eric doing exactly what we wanted and needed. Our venue let us stay really late and not only did Eric stay to keep the party going, but he did the most amazing job of "reading" the dance floor and kept people on it all night long. He even had pictures for us (that he had asked to take ahead of time) - which ended up being some of our favorites from the entire day! Hiring Eric was hands down one of the easiest and best decisions we made for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Bridgette G

The BEST vendor decision we made was having Eric as our DJ! From the very first time we met him, he made us feel very comfortable and was so genuinely excited for us. He made the planning process so easy with an online portal that we could control and be as hands on or hands off... Read More as we wanted. He had set up helpful sample playlists and libraries as well as laid out every important and fun song we would need to think of. On the day of he continued to check in with us before switching gears and smoothly mc'd everything. The dance floor was crowded the entire night. The most amazing thing that happened and the reason I will recommend him to absolutely everyone is that we had guests say goodbye to us towards the end of the reception who decided to stay until the very end because they just had to dance to the next songs that were played. Eric sent us a flash drive of pictures and songs that was waiting for us when we got back to our honeymoon. We joked that with all of that we should have paid him more money! If we could give Eric more than 5 stars we would.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Rachel S

Eric was amazing to work with! He was accommodating and helped us think through the timeline and party details. He is one of the few DJ's have encountered that played music at a low enough volume during dinner that still allowed guests to talk and enjoy conversation. We... Read More received tons of feedback from guests that they LOVED the mix of music he played and how he kept the party going!!! Eric won't disappoint!