Contemporary Wedding Photography

With over 400 weddings shot, I have “seen it all”. From putting several brides in their dresses, to switching out shoes and taking out a veil in an elevator, my creative partner Meg and I will ensure that your special day unfolds elegantly. I’ll walk you through the creative process, creating a low-stress environment for you and your guests. I’ve perfected my craft so you can relax and soak in the one day you’ll never forget. With a background in fine-art and a long history of documentary projects, I take a meticulous pride in portraying the natural beauty of your wedding day, capturing thousands of moments including candids, details, and formal photos all in a fun and efficient manner. Contact me today to set up a meeting and find out more!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Bow2018

Boston and all of New England (617) 903-7074
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Julie V

What an amazing photographer! Shane is such a gifted professional, and he did not only our wedding, but also our engagement shoot. From day one, he was fun, made us feel comfortable, and handled the crowd and larger group photos beautifully at our wedding. He captures such... Read More beautiful candid and formal moments, and, as the bride, kept me very calm the day of! I can't say enough positive things about Shane and Meg, and I hope they realize they're stuck with us for life, whenever we need a photographer! :) I strongly recommend using him, you will be SO happy with the results!

More than just a photographer!

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Kathryn C

We can't say enough nice things about Shane and Meg. Shane has worked with so many couples on their special days, he will know what you want photographed before you even do! Shane is not only a very talented photographer, he knows how to properly bustle a dress, pin a... Read More boutonniere, and put on a veil. He is a very fast worker when it comes to formals, but also pays attention to every detail and will get beautiful shots of every aspect of your wedding without you having to ask. In addition, Shane is a calming presence on what can otherwise be a stressful day. You don't think about how much time you'll spend with your photographer in advance, but it really makes a difference to have an experienced hand along for the ride. Finally, and most importantly, both Shane and Meg's photos are AMAZING. We would recommend them for your wedding or special event without reservation!

You can stop searching, you've found your wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Nikki S

From our first Skype conversation with Shane, we had a great feeling about him. We were planning from across the country and he was more than accommodating about scheduling times to talk that would work for us. He answered our many, many questions patiently and was extremely... Read More knowledgeable and professional. It was so helpful to be able to communicate with Shane by email and I was completely confident going into our wedding day that everything related to our photography would go smoothly (which is a nice feeling when you're unsure how everything else will go!). From the moment Shane arrived at the hotel on our wedding day, I was beyond impressed. His attention to detail - from trimming loose threads on dresses, to giving my bridesmaids a quick tutorial on how to hold their flowers - was exceptional. The girls also had a great time with him and were talking for weeks after the wedding about how much fun they had with the photos. In addition to all of this, he still managed to keep everything running on time and everyone where they were supposed to be. Shane had a seemingly magical way of making everything just flow and was never at all intrusive (as I know some wedding photographers can be). Now the photos themselves, of course we expected to be amazing, but they honestly went above and beyond our highest expectations. From the first glimpse we had on the digital screen on one of Shane's cameras, we could tell they were going to be AWESOME. When the digital versions were available online just 10 DAYS after our wedding, we were blown away. Since receiving our photos, I have had countess friends, co-workers, friends of friends, ...random people ask me about our photographer. It's no wonder he books up so quickly! We would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for gorgeous wedding photos by a photographer who is fantastic to work with. Finally, one of the original reasons we had chosen Shane (aside from his obvious skill and talent) was for the photo DVDs (and copyright ownership) that we got after the wedding. We knew that was a feature we wanted in a photography package and we are so glad that we found a great photographer who could provide us with that. Having our 1,000+ beautiful images available on DVD just a month after the wedding was sooo nice and I would never recommend any other way.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Lindsey G

Shane and Meg were fantastic! They were professional, positive, and patient (even with some of our rowdy friends and my aunts who tried to control the photo taking) , and I didn't feel like I had to worry about anything with the photos. Additionally, they were very efficient,... Read More which allowed us to enjoy as much of the cocktail hour and reception as possible. Cannot recommend them enough.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Dina L

I don't even know where to begin! Shane's photographs were beautiful, but also his personality is so easy going, he actually helped me feel a lot more calm during the getting ready period and seemed genuinely excited to be taking photographs during the reception. Shane really is... Read More a win in both photography skills and personality. I also think he does a great job in mixing candids and staged group photos and such. He also had some amazing portraits. I would highly recommend Shane to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Stacie Y

We are so happy with all of our wedding photos as well as our engagement photos. He made everyone feel so comfortable and there were times we didn't even know he was there! He was able to capture the most stunning photos of our day and we couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Alyssa O

From our engagement pictures to the day of our wedding, Shane (and Meg) was more than just a great photographer. I spoke with him several times when planning the timing of our ceremony and reception (which were a bit of a drive from each other, so I had some concerns about... Read More whether it would all work out). His good-natured personality, professionalism, and wedding expertise allowed us to have a relaxed, stress-free wedding day, with the comfort of knowing that we would get all of the photos we needed, and stay on-schedule. (He even ended up putting on my veil, when no one else could figure out the best placement for it!) We absolutely love how all of our photos turned out, and we couldn't be happier with our choice of him as our wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Marianne C

We highly and enthusiastically recommend Shane Godfrey and Meg, his creative partner! My husband and I just received our photos from our July 2017 wedding, and couldn’t be more amazed. These photos are our one professional keepsake from our day (no videographer – we had... Read More friends GoPro it) and we really feel like the photos represent every step of the day so well, even in ways we didn’t see when we were experiencing the day. Working with Shane and Meg in the moment, it goes so quickly and easily; and afterwards when we saw the images, we couldn’t be happier. Elegant, true, our best selves. And the essence of so many of our guests were captured the same way, which we really treasure. I was thankful that even though Shane shines in journalistic photography, the bridal party and family photographs that were important to us had just as much love. Shane and Meg gave a calm, experienced, and understanding vibe to anything that came our way – we highly recommend Shane Godfrey Photography!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Rachel H

Shane and his creative partner Meg, are fantastic. I used him for engagement photos and wedding photos. He is laid back, but quick. He took beautiful photos of the wedding and the reception. He made the whole process easy. The two of them make sure you look perfect in your shot,... Read More I'm talking bustle fixing, to make up and hair adjustments. You can trust that they will do an amazing job because they actually care about making it perfect. I would use them for an other events I have. 5 stars, and forever grateful.

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Adeola A

Shane was a real pleasure to work with, we actually met him at our friend's wedding and he was so great at that time we decided to get him for our wedding as well. He got all the best shots at our venue and created a real mystique in the photos that is exactly what you think of... Read More when you think of professional wedding photos. He and his assistant were incredibly personable and allowed us to relax on what was definitely a sort of stressful day. My bride and I have very different skin tones and he was able to balance those along with the various colors at our wedding venue to create a very enchanting environment. It had been raining most of the day which we thought would make pictures difficult, but it really worked out and the pictures actually came out better than we could have imagined. If you are looking for a professional and personally engaging photographer who will be extremely easy to work with I would recommend Shane Godfrey Photography.

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Medena K

Shane is a wonderful photographer!!! His pictures are talented and captured so much emotion. We loved them and are thrilled! He was so helpful and thoughtful throughout our day too, and even spent 15 mins helping figure out my bustle on my dress!!! Shane was also very responsive... Read More to me and helpful throughout the whole booking process. We highly recommend him!!! :D

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Ashley S

Shane produced beautiful photographs and was wonderful to work with. He made us feel at ease from our first meeting through the end of our wedding. His experience, professionalism, and laid-back demeanor made it easy to trust him with everything and feel relaxed in front of the... Read More camera . The day was completely stress free and we owe that in part to Shane. We could not be more thrilled with the process and how the photos turned out. Thank you Shane!!!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Ben K

What can you say about Shane. He was our photographer, but he was so much more. From instructing my bride on the proper ways to tie her dress to helping the Florist track us down at the Boston Garden. He and his assistant Meg were tremendous. We have never been great at taking... Read More pictures, but he made it as easy as possible while also producing some of the best results we have ever seen. I also love his signature picture from his older camera. Everything about Shane was first class. I would recommend him to anyone needing a right man at their wedding.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Emery K

We were drawn to Shane's work for his incredible talent and artistry. He was happy to tailor his services appropriately for our small ceremony. His efficiency and professionalism were evident throughout the entire day. Even though our venue was on the smaller side, we were... Read More impressed by all of the compositional framings he found. He captured so many perfect moments of our friends and family. We could not be happier with the results!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Megan M

Shane Godfrey Photography was amazing. We are so, so happy with our photos! He not only captured every moment perfectly, he was a lifesaver and helped with wedding emergencies, and helped our big day go smoothly! Our 8 x 10 photograph will be cherished forever and is really... Read More special! Shane & Megan felt like guests at our wedding, worked extremely hard for us in calm and laid back fashion, were very easy to communicate with, and we would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Jessica T

Words cannot express how happy we were to receive our Photos from Shane Godfrey Photography! Shane and Meg captured true emotion; the pictures are stunning and personal! Shane was a dream to work with from the beginning and blended seamlessly into our wedding to capture moments... Read More I thought for sure would only live in my memory. I've already spent hours reliving our wedding though our online album and know we will continue to love these pictures throughout our marriage. We can't wait to have another reason to hire Shane Godfrey Photography!! Thank you Shane and Meg xx

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Katie E

Shane is incredible! My husband and I cannot say enough about how happy we are that we chose Shane as our wedding photographer. Not only were the pictures beautiful, contemporary and perfectly lit, Shane was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process. His attitude is... Read More laid back and friendly but very professional, and he was truly a "jack of all trades" on the wedding day, fixing veils and helping everything go as smoothly as possible. (We also had Shane do our engagement pictures about 10 months before the wedding too, and it was great to start getting to know him then!) He was a completely stress-free experience throughout the whole process, and the pictures are modern and breathtaking. Book him immediately if you can get him!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Cristina G

Shane is an absolute dream to work with. We hired Shane do shoot both our engagement pictures and our September wedding. From the beginning, his calm and friendly demeanor set a fun tone that resulted in a stress free experience. Shane is incredibly prepared and professional in... Read More absolutely every regard - he even pinned on some boutonnieres! The result: 1000 absolutely flawless pictures capturing the spirit of our wedding day so acutely that looking over each image truly feels like you're living that moment all over again. Thank you, Shane!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Lindsey K

Absolutely amazing! Our photographs came out perfect. Shane is so easy to work with. Very professional yet feels like a friend. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Maggie M

Choosing a photographer is one of the most important decisions you'll make while planning your wedding, since the pictures will be the lasting memories. Long story short, Shane and his partner Meg were just outstanding. We loved his photojournalistic style after coming across... Read More his portfolio online, and as soon as we met it was obvious to me that he should be our photographer. Shane is friendly and easygoing but extremely professional as well. He was always easy to get in touch with when needed. The day of the wedding he and Meg just did their thing with no fuss. Showed up where and when they were supposed to, were even helpful with non -photo related things and keeping the day on schedule. My husband and I usually hate having photos taken but it they made it very comfortable. They actually felt more like fun friends at the wedding rather than photographers! They were so kind to everyone. I had many glowing comments from guests about Shane and Meg afterwards, too. And the best part? Our photos are breathtaking! Shane and Meg got all the requisite ceremony/bridal party/family pics but my favorites are all the little candid moments they captured with ourselves and our guests. I can look through the photos and I actually feel like I'm at the wedding again. I feel silly but i cant stop looking at them :) We really treasure our photos. I can't recommend Shane Godfrey photography highly enough. Book them now - it will be the best decision you make! Thanks Shane and Meg!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Ginny L

Our guests almost all had the same thing to say, during the days and weeks following our wedding: “Your wedding was so [positive adjective]! Your photographer was AWESOME.” Our guests said this, across the board, before they’d even seen the images that Shane captured—I think... Read More that really speaks to what a nice presence that he has, and how comfortable he makes his photo subjects. When we were looking for a photographer, Shane’s photo portfolio stood out in terms of the sheer beauty of the images. He had all the qualities that we were hoping for—a really great facility with candid, portrait-like shots of guests and loved ones, an eye for natural landscapes and an ability to use light well, and he seemed to have zero interest in taking any cheesy or overly-posed shots. (No frozen/mid-air jumps, etc.) We had Shane take our engagement photos, as well as our wedding photos, and he was incredibly pleasant to work with—he was very friendly, laid-back, conversational, and had a terrific sense of humor. We felt comfortable with him from moment one, and confident that he was going to do a terrific job. All of our guests and bridal party members echoed that (resoundingly) after the wedding itself. I’ve heard so much positive feedback about how great Shane’s interactions were with our guests, and how he was very present—but very unobtrusive. The actual results from both of our photo sessions are just beautiful. We had an engagement session down in the Boston Public Garden, and our wedding was out at a botanical garden that had an outdoor and indoor component. Shane knew how to make use of the different settings, and his use of light (and the natural landscape) really stand out in both our sets of photos. We loved everything about our wedding photos, but what we’re the happiest with are the portraits of our guests. Shane and Meg managed to capture gorgeous candids of just about everyone in attendance—we hope to order prints of the candids as eventual gifts, because they’re just so spectacular at capturing particular personalities, facial expressions, and the actual texture of some interactions. We can’t say enough about how professional and how thoroughly awesome Shane was to work with. He’s a very gifted photographer, and we were lucky to work with him.

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Meghan M

Shane was AMAZING. He was recommended to us after we had found him as well so it was fate. He was a delight to have around as we were getting ready and truly was a fly on the wall - allowing all the girls to enjoy the time before the wedding. He became part of the fun - helping... Read More me maneuver my dress (using the knowledge he has acquired from many weddings) and even popping champagne for us in the limo! His other half, Meg, was able capture the guys getting ready at the same time so nothing was missed. We chose not to do a first look and with Shane - it was very possible! Our wedding party even got to enjoy most of the cocktail hour and my new husband and I had a few minutes to ourselves before the reception. He was quick and efficient but didn't miss a shot! All of the pictures came out AMAZING and we couldn't be happier.I find myself looking at them over and over again, reliving our amazing day. Book Shane - you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 B L

We're ridiculously happy with Shane's work photographing our wedding. From the first meeting with him, it was clear that he's an incredibly careful, detail-oriented photographer, an organized, responsible business owner and an extremely fun, laid-back, easy-to-work-with person,... Read More all at the same time. All of those things very much held true! He knew exactly what he was doing at every level and at every point in the process. He made it easy to relax and know that our photos were in good hands. He made the whole experience fun and easy, and the camera never felt intrusive or disruptive -- we only knew he was there when he was helping out in some way. We got our photos two weeks after the wedding (even accounting for his going on vacation during that time), and they're beautiful. He caught so many moments at just the right time, both fun and romantic. Even after going through them two or three times, we're still finding new ones to get excited about. He has our enthusiastic recommendation!

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Nassim R

The best photographer!!!! We can't rave enough about Shane! Shane truly made our wedding day! He is an amazing photographer and wonderful person. We took engagement photos with Shane and fell in love with him. Not only did he make the photo shoot completely stress free but the... Read More pictures came back quickly and were absolutely gorgeous. On the wedding day, everyone wanted to be friends with Shane and his partner Meg! He was able to fix my hair and veil! He is definitely someone you want to have by your side on your wedding day! Our wedding photos came back so fast!!! Unbelievable! The photos were perfect! I can't express how beautiful they were! He captured every guest and every moment. We felt like we were able to relieve our wedding day through the photos! We can't say thank you enough to Shane and Meg!!!!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Tracey P

What amazing talent! Shane and Meg are awesome. From the moment I viewed Shane's work, I knew he was the one, and his laid back personality sealed the deal. Just received our photos back today and I cried! They were able to capture so many precious beautiful moments, and in... Read More a way that was not staged or scripted. We all felt so comfortable with Shane & Meg behind the lens, like they were family. We barely even noticed they were there. I can't say enough about Shane Godfrey Photography. I wish I could give 100 stars!!

Shane Godfrey

I am a Somerville/Boston based photographer I have a history in camera based arts and mediums and have been photographing weddings for over 10 years.