Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Boston and all of New England

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Julie V

What an amazing photographer! Shane is such a gifted professional, and he did not only our wedding, but also our engagement shoot. From day one, he was fun, made us feel comfortable, and handled the crowd and larger group photos beautifully at our wedding. He captures such... Read More beautiful candid and formal moments, and, as the bride, kept me very calm the day of! I can't say enough positive things about Shane and Meg, and I hope they realize they're stuck with us for life, whenever we need a photographer! :) I strongly recommend using him, you will be SO happy with the results!

More than just a photographer!

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Kathryn C

We can't say enough nice things about Shane and Meg. Shane has worked with so many couples on their special days, he will know what you want photographed before you even do! Shane is not only a very talented photographer, he knows how to properly bustle a dress, pin a... Read More boutonniere, and put on a veil. He is a very fast worker when it comes to formals, but also pays attention to every detail and will get beautiful shots of every aspect of your wedding without you having to ask. In addition, Shane is a calming presence on what can otherwise be a stressful day. You don't think about how much time you'll spend with your photographer in advance, but it really makes a difference to have an experienced hand along for the ride. Finally, and most importantly, both Shane and Meg's photos are AMAZING. We would recommend them for your wedding or special event without reservation!

You can stop searching, you've found your wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Nikki S

From our first Skype conversation with Shane, we had a great feeling about him. We were planning from across the country and he was more than accommodating about scheduling times to talk that would work for us. He answered our many, many questions patiently and was extremely... Read More knowledgeable and professional. It was so helpful to be able to communicate with Shane by email and I was completely confident going into our wedding day that everything related to our photography would go smoothly (which is a nice feeling when you're unsure how everything else will go!). From the moment Shane arrived at the hotel on our wedding day, I was beyond impressed. His attention to detail - from trimming loose threads on dresses, to giving my bridesmaids a quick tutorial on how to hold their flowers - was exceptional. The girls also had a great time with him and were talking for weeks after the wedding about how much fun they had with the photos. In addition to all of this, he still managed to keep everything running on time and everyone where they were supposed to be. Shane had a seemingly magical way of making everything just flow and was never at all intrusive (as I know some wedding photographers can be). Now the photos themselves, of course we expected to be amazing, but they honestly went above and beyond our highest expectations. From the first glimpse we had on the digital screen on one of Shane's cameras, we could tell they were going to be AWESOME. When the digital versions were available online just 10 DAYS after our wedding, we were blown away. Since receiving our photos, I have had countess friends, co-workers, friends of friends, ...random people ask me about our photographer. It's no wonder he books up so quickly! We would absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for gorgeous wedding photos by a photographer who is fantastic to work with. Finally, one of the original reasons we had chosen Shane (aside from his obvious skill and talent) was for the photo DVDs (and copyright ownership) that we got after the wedding. We knew that was a feature we wanted in a photography package and we are so glad that we found a great photographer who could provide us with that. Having our 1,000+ beautiful images available on DVD just a month after the wedding was sooo nice and I would never recommend any other way.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Cristina G

Shane is an absolute dream to work with. We hired Shane do shoot both our engagement pictures and our September wedding. From the beginning, his calm and friendly demeanor set a fun tone that resulted in a stress free experience. Shane is incredibly prepared and professional in... Read More absolutely every regard - he even pinned on some boutonnieres! The result: 1000 absolutely flawless pictures capturing the spirit of our wedding day so acutely that looking over each image truly feels like you're living that moment all over again. Thank you, Shane!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Lindsey K

Absolutely amazing! Our photographs came out perfect. Shane is so easy to work with. Very professional yet feels like a friend. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Maggie M

Choosing a photographer is one of the most important decisions you'll make while planning your wedding, since the pictures will be the lasting memories. Long story short, Shane and his partner Meg were just outstanding. We loved his photojournalistic style after coming across... Read More his portfolio online, and as soon as we met it was obvious to me that he should be our photographer. Shane is friendly and easygoing but extremely professional as well. He was always easy to get in touch with when needed. The day of the wedding he and Meg just did their thing with no fuss. Showed up where and when they were supposed to, were even helpful with non -photo related things and keeping the day on schedule. My husband and I usually hate having photos taken but it they made it very comfortable. They actually felt more like fun friends at the wedding rather than photographers! They were so kind to everyone. I had many glowing comments from guests about Shane and Meg afterwards, too. And the best part? Our photos are breathtaking! Shane and Meg got all the requisite ceremony/bridal party/family pics but my favorites are all the little candid moments they captured with ourselves and our guests. I can look through the photos and I actually feel like I'm at the wedding again. I feel silly but i cant stop looking at them :) We really treasure our photos. I can't recommend Shane Godfrey photography highly enough. Book them now - it will be the best decision you make! Thanks Shane and Meg!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Ginny L

Our guests almost all had the same thing to say, during the days and weeks following our wedding: “Your wedding was so [positive adjective]! Your photographer was AWESOME.” Our guests said this, across the board, before they’d even seen the images that Shane captured—I think... Read More that really speaks to what a nice presence that he has, and how comfortable he makes his photo subjects. When we were looking for a photographer, Shane’s photo portfolio stood out in terms of the sheer beauty of the images. He had all the qualities that we were hoping for—a really great facility with candid, portrait-like shots of guests and loved ones, an eye for natural landscapes and an ability to use light well, and he seemed to have zero interest in taking any cheesy or overly-posed shots. (No frozen/mid-air jumps, etc.) We had Shane take our engagement photos, as well as our wedding photos, and he was incredibly pleasant to work with—he was very friendly, laid-back, conversational, and had a terrific sense of humor. We felt comfortable with him from moment one, and confident that he was going to do a terrific job. All of our guests and bridal party members echoed that (resoundingly) after the wedding itself. I’ve heard so much positive feedback about how great Shane’s interactions were with our guests, and how he was very present—but very unobtrusive. The actual results from both of our photo sessions are just beautiful. We had an engagement session down in the Boston Public Garden, and our wedding was out at a botanical garden that had an outdoor and indoor component. Shane knew how to make use of the different settings, and his use of light (and the natural landscape) really stand out in both our sets of photos. We loved everything about our wedding photos, but what we’re the happiest with are the portraits of our guests. Shane and Meg managed to capture gorgeous candids of just about everyone in attendance—we hope to order prints of the candids as eventual gifts, because they’re just so spectacular at capturing particular personalities, facial expressions, and the actual texture of some interactions. We can’t say enough about how professional and how thoroughly awesome Shane was to work with. He’s a very gifted photographer, and we were lucky to work with him.

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Meghan M

Shane was AMAZING. He was recommended to us after we had found him as well so it was fate. He was a delight to have around as we were getting ready and truly was a fly on the wall - allowing all the girls to enjoy the time before the wedding. He became part of the fun - helping... Read More me maneuver my dress (using the knowledge he has acquired from many weddings) and even popping champagne for us in the limo! His other half, Meg, was able capture the guys getting ready at the same time so nothing was missed. We chose not to do a first look and with Shane - it was very possible! Our wedding party even got to enjoy most of the cocktail hour and my new husband and I had a few minutes to ourselves before the reception. He was quick and efficient but didn't miss a shot! All of the pictures came out AMAZING and we couldn't be happier.I find myself looking at them over and over again, reliving our amazing day. Book Shane - you won't regret it.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

We're ridiculously happy with Shane's work photographing our wedding. From the first meeting with him, it was clear that he's an incredibly careful, detail-oriented photographer, an organized, responsible business owner and an extremely fun, laid-back, easy-to-work-with person,... Read More all at the same time. All of those things very much held true! He knew exactly what he was doing at every level and at every point in the process. He made it easy to relax and know that our photos were in good hands. He made the whole experience fun and easy, and the camera never felt intrusive or disruptive -- we only knew he was there when he was helping out in some way. We got our photos two weeks after the wedding (even accounting for his going on vacation during that time), and they're beautiful. He caught so many moments at just the right time, both fun and romantic. Even after going through them two or three times, we're still finding new ones to get excited about. He has our enthusiastic recommendation!

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Nassim R

The best photographer!!!! We can't rave enough about Shane! Shane truly made our wedding day! He is an amazing photographer and wonderful person. We took engagement photos with Shane and fell in love with him. Not only did he make the photo shoot completely stress free but the... Read More pictures came back quickly and were absolutely gorgeous. On the wedding day, everyone wanted to be friends with Shane and his partner Meg! He was able to fix my hair and veil! He is definitely someone you want to have by your side on your wedding day! Our wedding photos came back so fast!!! Unbelievable! The photos were perfect! I can't express how beautiful they were! He captured every guest and every moment. We felt like we were able to relieve our wedding day through the photos! We can't say thank you enough to Shane and Meg!!!!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Tracey P

What amazing talent! Shane and Meg are awesome. From the moment I viewed Shane's work, I knew he was the one, and his laid back personality sealed the deal. Just received our photos back today and I cried! They were able to capture so many precious beautiful moments, and in... Read More a way that was not staged or scripted. We all felt so comfortable with Shane & Meg behind the lens, like they were family. We barely even noticed they were there. I can't say enough about Shane Godfrey Photography. I wish I could give 100 stars!!

Every Bride's Dream Photographer

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Matt F

I cannot say enough good things about Shane and Meg. I had used Shane previously to have photos taken of my yoga studio, so I already knew his work was beautiful. I was even more impressed with the way he managed everything on the day of the wedding. My husband and I chose not... Read More to see each other before our ceremony, so we only had an hour to take all of our photos before the reception. Shane has serious people managing skills - he was kind and friendly but pushed things along to keep us totally on schedule. He captured all of the moments we wanted (and more) and every single shot is beautiful. Photography was not something we had to worry about from the engagement shoot through the event. Shane truly is every bride's dream photographer.

Reviewed on 12/27/2015 Laura G

I absolutely cannot say enough great things about Shane and Meg! They were the best thing we booked for our wedding day and engagement photos. We did some engagement photos in Houston that did not go so well, luckily Shane was available on a last minute trip up north to save the... Read More day. His laid back demeanor is something that is so calming on what can be a very stressful day. He and Meg are very professional and extremely efficient, there was not a minute wasted with them. I would HIGHLY suggest using their services!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Carrie S

Shane did such an amazing job with our wedding pictures and also made the day so much less stressful for everyone. From the time he got there to start photographing the girls getting ready, his laid back attitude made us all more at ease. I loved the natural style of his... Read More pictures--my favorites are all the candid pictures or ones where he had my husband and I look at each other instead of at the camera. He was super efficient in getting all of the bridal party and family pictures taken so we didn't spend a lot of time out in the heat and made it to our cocktail hour with time to spare. I have gotten so many compliments on our pictures. He captured every part of the day perfectly, I didn't want a videographer and don't regret this decision at all with all of these beautiful pictures.

HIGHLY recommended!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2015

Shane Godfrey did such an amazing job photographing our wedding! He was the first and only photographer we met with, and we knew right from seeing his other photos that we were going to choose him and we were not disappointed! He had the timing of everything down perfectly, and... Read More he has a great eye for capturing natural looking photos that are so beautiful and classic. He's so easy to work with, and we had such a great time working with him, I would recommend him to anyone. We would love to work with him again sometime! Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Maxwell J

Shane is an exceptional photographer and it shows. We felt confident we would have great pictures from Shane and he really came through.

Reviewed on 7/15/2015

My wife and I simply couldn't recommend Shane any more highly! From the moment we first met him, we knew that he (and Meg!) were the right people for us. Shane made it feel like we just had two more friends at our wedding who happened to be amazing photographers. Shane also did... Read More our engagement photos, which came out amazing (and even ended up in the NY Times with our wedding announcement!) We're definitely recommending Shane and Meg to all of our friends getting married in the Boston area (in fact, we first met them at a friend's wedding). Book them early, because I don't think they are going to have much availability.

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Lauren D

Shane Godfrey was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Really. I interviewed a bunch of photographers (my husband was ready to kill me), and fully looked through not just their blog photos but full sets of wedding photos and was blown away by Shane's work. When first... Read More looking I was having serious anxiety because this is such a huge decision as it's all you are left with at the end of the day. Most others had really good photos they used for their show photos or blog, but all the rest left much to be desired. During our first meeting, my husband and I asked the standard questions, but one of his answers sticks out in my head. I asked, how many photos he edits. He said he mainly does color correction and some lighting editing but that's really it. I asked if he would be willing to do more if we requested and he said sure, but he doesn't usually ever have to because he went to school for photography and knows how to use lighting and camera settings to capture the best photos that don't need much editing. I typically never like many photos of myself - I'm always doing awkward movements, but I can honestly say out of 800+ photos there is not one that I do not absolutely love. He captured every moment of our wedding so beautiful and I have received so many comments from people about how amazing the photos are. He and Meg are also so easy to work with, and not intrusive at all, and actually I completely even forgot they were there and didn't notice them at all. At the end of the night, I was actually nervous thinking they didn't get any photos of me because I didn't see them all night. That was not the case, they got every single moment. He kept everything moving along and made sure we stayed on time and did not run late.The only issue with them is I have too many amazing photos to choose from and not enough space in a photo album.

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Ariel S

Shane was wonderful to work with at our wedding in June! We loved his demeanor, fun, easy to talk to, attentive but not intrusive. His photos just came back and we are so thrilled with everything he captured - from the posed to the candids. He really listened to our preferences... Read More in terms of style and environment but balanced that with his own professional expertise regarding of knowing what will look best. Best of all, he actually seemed like he had a good time at our wedding and loves what he does! I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 Jane R

We absolutely love the photos Shane took and he was great to work with. Shane took tons of pictures and every single shot is beautiful. He truly captured the day. He's also a wedding expert and was able to help guide us throughout our big day. For example, he reminded us to do... Read More a receiving line before leaving the church, which was extremely helpful. I would strongly recommend him. Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 6/17/2015

we are so happy to have found shane as our photographer for our wedding. he captured some really special moments and was really easy to work with. he was very professional, everything went super smoothly with him. he was quick at taking photos, and knew everything very well. we... Read More loved how our photos turned out, and everyone has been complimenting on what a great job he did! highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/17/2015

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Meaghan

My husband and I were so happy to have Shane photograph our December wedding. We knew Shane's work from my brother's wedding 2 years prior and after doing some research, we knew we had to book him. Shane was completely accommodating of our busy work schedule's leading up to our... Read More wedding. The day of, Shane made us feel relaxed, which resulted in beautiful pictures. We are so happy we went with Shane!

The Best

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 Susan H

Shane is the best. He was the perfect photographer for our wedding. He was so easy to work with, laid back, very knowledgeable, with helpful suggestions but more than willing to go with the requests I had. Him and his second shooter Meg captured every shot, put everyone at ease,... Read More and truly captured our wedding day. There were so many photographs of every small detail, even down to the amazing shoes the groom's mother was wearing. I forgot that there were even pictures being taken throughout the evening! Shane also helped calm my nerves and kept the evening moving from moment to moment. The pictures were done and up for guests within a week. We are so happy with the photographs and continue to get compliments from our guests. Truly wonderful.

The Perfect Photographer for your Big Day!

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Jessica G

Working with Shane was amazing. He took both our engagement photos and was also there with us for the entire day of our wedding. From the minute we sat down with him to talk about our day, I knew that he was the photographer we had to go with. Working with Shane was just a great... Read More experience. He is easygoing, laid back, got along with everyone and takes amazing photos. I didn't want the typical posed wedding portraits and with Shane, we got so many unique pictures that I am absolutely in love with. He was extremely flexible and was able to quickly adapt to the circumstances of our extremely raining wedding day and deliver some amazing shots. Everyone has said how much they love our pictures and how unique they are. They were especially impressed with all the amazing candid moments that Shane and his team were able to capture. I would absolutely recommend Shane to any couple looking for amazing, unique wedding photos. Thank you Shane for everything!

Shane Godfrey

I am a Somerville/Boston based photographer I have a history in camera based arts and mediums and have been photographing weddings for over 10 years.

Start a Conversation!