Special Moments Event Planning

Serving the Tampa Bay Area and Select Destination Locations

Making Dreams Come True for over 13 years!

The ideal Special Moments couples range from casually fun, some traditional & the adventure seeking, hoping to create a day that is both unique & memorable. Special Moments events range from intimate elopements on the beach to extravagant weekend-long celebrations for 600. Tammy and her team of Dreammakers are ready for any challenge. The Special Moments’ recipe is simple but successful: lots of listening & careful planning, with a bit of hand holding & a whole lot of laughter. Want to learn more? The first step would be a complimentary “Meet & Greet” to get to know one another. Share your plans and wishes for the Big Day & the Special Moments team will craft a proposal outlining how they can help make your wedding dreams come true. "Wedding Day Management- thru Full Service is available

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

Serving the Tampa Bay Area and Select Destination Locations (727) 343-0800

Reviewed on 12/15/2017 Christina E

I cannot begin to thank Tammy and her team of Dream makers enough! There is not a chance my wedding would have turned out so beautiful without their guidance and attention to detail. Tammy was always just a phone call away and extremely responsive anytime I reached out which was... Read More often late at night due to my work schedule! She helped me navigate through vendors, timelines, pricing negotiations you name it! I would truly encourage every Bride who needs a help handing to seek out Tammy! She is one of a kind!

2017-12-19T06:31:28 Response from the vendor

Christina we really appreciate all of your kind words and it was our privilege to get to work with you and Kiel to be able to bring the dreams in your head to life for the two of you .. We wish you a lifetime... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Heather A

Tammy and Alexis were so wonderful! Everything was perfect, on time and I could not have asked for a better coordinator!

2017-12-19T06:33:08 Response from the vendor

Heather we really enjoyed working with you and making sure your carefully planned vision came to life the day of your wedding so you could just enjoy the day with no worries !!!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Mary S

Tammy did such an amazing job decorating the drapery of our tent for our wedding at the Sirata Beach Resort. She truly made the outdoor space look elegant and beautiful. During one of our visit to the venue without knowing she was there I walked into it and instantly said this... Read More is Tammy's work because it looked that wonderful and she worked her same magic for our special day! Thank you Tammy for everything. xo

2017-12-14T06:48:50 Response from the vendor

Mary, Thank you so much for the kind words.. We are thrilled that you liked the draping we did for your wedding at the Sirata! Cheers to many years of happiness to you !

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Alex K

Tammy and her team were a wonderful help to have in the final month before our wedding and on our wedding day. They made sure everything went smoothly. I highly recommend the team for event planning!

2017-12-14T06:50:38 Response from the vendor

Alex, We were honored to be able to help make your carefully planned details happen for you , so you could enjoy the day with your friends and family and not have to worry about anything =)

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Megan D

My Husband Steve and I hired Special Moments about a month after we got engaged. From the very beginning, Tammy and her team made themselves available to assist in any way possible. They have many different packages available to purchase for ever type of bride. I chose the... Read More package that allowed me to use her warehouse of decorations and day of coordination. Tammy went above and beyond and offered me so much more than this. She was always quick to respond and she practically paid for herself with all of the money she helped me save. My wedding day went off without a hitch. Special Moments literally brought to life the wedding of my dress and I will always recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Namrata V

Tammy is an absolute DREAM to work with! I call her a MIRACLE WORKER! My wedding was October 6th and originally planned to be in St. Thomas but due to Hurricane Irma we had to cancel St thomas plans 3 weeks before the wedding. I contacted Tammy as she was highly recommended... Read More through a wedding page on Facebook and it was the best decision i made thus far! My wedding was BEYOND PERFECT! Tammy got the best vendors and I couldn't be happier!

2017-10-11T16:01:28 Response from the vendor

Namrata, It was a pleasure to work with you and I am thrilled we were able to make your dreams come true! I was honored to get to know the two of you and please stay in touch ..xoxoxoxxo Tammy

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Kristina C

Using Tammy for our wedding planner was by far our best decision throughout the entire wedding process! We hired Tammy 8 weeks out from our wedding date and she did amazing and quick work! I gave her my expectations and price ranges and she provided me with vendor options that I... Read More was able to choose from. From there she did the rest! I hardly did anything but show up on the day of the wedding. I trusted her with every tiny little decision and she did nothing but impress me each time. The ceremony appearance was more than I imagined and the reception tables were gorgeous! All of which she decorated and was in charge of. She was more than organized and helped keep me informed on payment due dates, any contracts due and everything else in between. I will forever tell every new bride to get a wedding planner, especially if she has the opportunity to use Tammy!

2017-10-11T16:10:48 Response from the vendor

Kristina, Thank you so much for your kind words .. I am thrilled I was able to make it all happen for you especially with never meeting you in person and just a few phone calls and emails to make it all happen . The... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Ciara C

Tammy and her Dream Team were absolutely amazing! Since I was a bride who had a hard time making decisions (and was planning the wedding long distance), Tammy always had great recommendations, advice, and guiding questions to help me figure out where to go next with my... Read More decisions. We worked with vendors with whom Tammy and her Dream Team have worked before (although we were not required to), and you could tell that it made the day run more seamlessly as a result. Her Dream Team was also amazing in making our vision come to life for our amazing day by making special touches to decorate our sweetheart table, cocktail tables, and ceremony space. She was also very flexible in when and where to meet us to discuss wedding things as well as take items from us so that she could set them up for the wedding. Tammy always gave me advice in my best interest, even encouraging me not to spend money on things at times! I gained many compliments the weekend of the wedding with many people saying that I was the least stressed bride that they had seen, and I credit most of that to being in the good hands of the Special Moments' Dream Team! She thinks of all the details-big and small-so that everything is in order and you can just enjoy the big day!~Ciara (& Avi)

2017-10-11T16:07:19 Response from the vendor

Ciara and Avi, words cannot describe how thrilled we were to be chosen to share in your wedding planning journey. Your family and friends were stellar and your LOVE story by far will go down in history as one of our most memorable weddings to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Katie A

I don't even know where to begin to talk about how incredibly wonderful the team at Special Moments is! They all worked so hard to make our day the best day ever! Petra was the sweetest, most accommodating person! She literally took care of everything for us! Including packing... Read More up all of our decorations in bubble wrap, all organized and ready for us to take after our wedding. Leading up to our wedding she and Tammy helped us navigate every twist and turn of our planning journey. We were totally clueless and they gave us recommendations for the best vendors who were exactly what we wanted. The day of was so perfect and beautiful! Petra designed our arch and she and Natalie setup all of the decor in the ballroom and it was even better than I ever pictured or imagined. Petra, Tammy, and Natalie were literally fairy godmothers! I felt like a princess all day and can't believe everything went so smoothly and we had SO much fun!!! I thought about nothing other than marrying the love of my life on my wedding day and it was better than a fairy tale. I wouldn't hesitate for a second recommending the team at Special Moments for anyone's wedding planning needs.

2017-10-11T16:15:13 Response from the vendor

Katie, Thank you so much for all of the kind words .. We had a blast being included on your special day and the special touches you included thru out your event were priceless .

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Rachel J

Highly recommend Special Moments Event Planning to anyone looking to enjoy a stress-free wedding day! During my engagement, I often read articles on "must-haves" at your wedding, and a wedding coordinator always showed up on the list. Nevertheless, I had planned corporate... Read More parties in the past and was confident in my skills and thought why not save some money? A month before my wedding, I received the same advice from several of my friends that were recently married that, on your wedding day, you'll want to relax and experience every moment with your bridesmaids and family and not want to stress about a thing! Nor would you want your bridal party consumed with the set up. So, last minute, I reached out to Tammy at Special Moments and she assigned Alexis to me as my Day Of Wedding Coordinator - a perfect fit for what I needed since I had already worked out all of the vendor contracts and details. In a few short weeks, Alexis read through all of my contracts and vendor detail sheets, reached out to all the vendors and set up a day of timeline, was organized and ran the rehearsal and wedding wonderfully! She was the point of contact for all my vendors, was calm and took my vision and executed it so well! She even bustled my dress for me and helped me get in my dancing shoes before the reception! With all the time and money put into my wedding day, this may have been the best money I spent! I was able to completely relax, enjoy and have a blast on my wedding day while knowing I was in good hands. And, they are affordable! Thank you Alexis and Tammy!

2017-05-25T06:16:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the Kind words Rachel and we are honored that you trusted us to help in the last few weeks to make it all come together so smoothly and Thrilled that you are so pleased with Alexis ... We just LOVE... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Kyle H

Tammy & Petra were amazing! Our wedding went off without a hitch. We were on a pretty strict budget that we went over with Tammy & team right from the get-go. They recommended vendors who fit our style and vision, but didn't break the bank. Tammy & team did so many custom things... Read More for us and made us feel very special. She even got a calligrapher to do our wedding invitations and response cards! Whenever we had questions about anything, they were always quick to respond and give us a straightforward answer. If you're on the fence about hiring a wedding planner - do yourself a favor and DO IT! We didn't want our family/friends to have to worry about anything the day of the wedding (i.e. setup, tear-down, gifts, decorations, etc.). Tammy & team took care of everything so we could enjoy the day as well as our guests. They are behind the scenes all day and you hardly see them working their magic to ensure everything runs smoothly! We are so excited for all the hard work they did for us and would definitely recommend them to other friends/family!

2017-05-25T06:18:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Kyle and Angela for your extremely kind words! We had so much fun working with you on your Earth Day wedding and thrilled that you loved how it all came together.

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Beth L

Tammy and her team were AWESOME! My husband and I were struggling with decor for our destination wedding. With communication being via email and phone, Tammy heard/saw our vision and created it for us. We received so many compliments on our tent draping, center pieces,... Read More ceremony area and flowers which truly belong to Tammy and her team!! Oh and the flowers she provided, AMAZING!! A week later and they are still alive! Meeting Tammy only days before the wedding, she helped us with last minute details and needs. In no way did we feel nickled and dimed on every little need. It truly seems like she loves what she does and it shows. Can't thank Tammy and her team enough for helping to make our day special and beautiful!!

2017-05-02T17:21:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Beth for the kind words and we are thrilled to have been able to help make your dreams come true !

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Sondra G

Tammy and her team are the best. FromTheir attention to the smallest details to the major decisions. They made my wedding perfect. Keep me at ease all day.

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Connie L

I cannot even express how amazing Special Moments Event Planning was when I was planning my wedding. Tammy and Petra are truly the DREAM TEAM. They took care of every detail on my wedding day. All I had to do was show up and have a good time! Our wedding was fabulous because... Read More we hired Special Moments Event Planning to help guide us through the planning process and then of course the actual wedding day.....they took care of everything! Thank you Tammy and Petra, you two are amazing!

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Sarah L

Tammy and her team were absolutely amazing from start to finish. When I first got engaged, I was unsure about hiring a wedding planner. I thought to myself "I'm creative and organized, I can handle this". After going through the entire planning process I quickly learned I... Read More probably would have been a mess without Tammy. She has ongoing business relationships with reputable vendors and allows you to actually relax and enjoy your wedding day, which is a foreign concept to many brides. Even the most innovative, creative DIY brides still need help with execution aspects. I got Tammy's full planning package, and it was worth every penny. She also has a huge assortment of wedding decor available for use at no additional cost if you go with her her full package. That alone significantly helped stay within my budget. I was able to save on vases, candles, wedding arch, etc. She also brings in other members of her staff the day of to ensure every aspect of your wedding goes as planned. Do yourself a favor, and hire Tammy. Your wedding will not only come together beyond your expectations, but it will also allow you to be stress free to enjoy your day, and your entire engagement for that matter. She is professional, hard working, she will run with whatever vision you have in mind, and her packages are very reasonably priced. You won't regret it. :-)

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Kaycee H

I chose Special Moments because Tammy was the wedding coordinator for my best friend's wedding and she seemed to do a great job. She offered a free phone consultation before I signed a contract and brought up some great points to help me decide what direction I wanted my wedding... Read More to go. After signing the contract with Special Moments, communication deteriorated. I was told that Tammy would not be at my wedding and in place, she would send one of her employees and an assistant. No big deal I guess. I met with them at their office to pick out a slew of props to use at the wedding. I was told afterwards that there was a rental fee per item (other reviewers said it's included in price - it was apparently not included in my quote). The employee said she would have rental prices to me soon. A month later, I followed up via email and they said they would have prices to me soon (again). A week later, nothing. Although the employee was the lead coordinator for my wedding and was copied on all emails, she never actually responded to any emails and Tammy took the lead on responses (which usually took awhile). I thought this was a little odd. Upon missing a scheduled phone call because she was tired and overslept, I emailed Tammy with my expectations and told her my disappointments with communication thus far. She apologized and communication was not an issue after that (I guess some people just need to be reminded of customer service?) I feel that I was not listened to and perhaps she had too much going on at the time. For example, I told them multiple times when my venue was available for visits. Tammy would ask me multiple times if we could visit outside of the time frames. Refer to previous emails! Additionally, I had multiple props needed to be hung at the venue. I was told multiple times that the coordinators DO NOT hang, get on ladders, or fuss with floral arrangements. No big deal. I told her I would have men on site to deal with hanging and ladders. She repeated this multiple times and I was getting frustrated that she, once again, was not listening to me. I was also starting to wonder WHAT the coordinators actually do at this point since they don't respond to emails either. Any way, skip to rehearsal. The lead coordinator and assistant were great. I was a very indecisive bride and at times I felt like they were rolling their eyes at me, but perhaps that is me being self-conscious. The rehearsal went smoothly and everyone knew their places. Fast forward to wedding day. I arrived to the venue early and the coordinators had executed my vision nearly flawlessly. I was excited that my money didn't go to total waste. There were some things they missed but that could very well be my fault. The lead coordinator helped in a gown crisis which was unexpected and much appreciated! They kept the flow of the wedding going accordingly. I did not end up tipping them because I felt they did their job when it needed to be done, which I paid for in the cost. All-in-all, I would definitely not recommend this company. They did not impress me.

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Trisha d

Tammy and her team at Special Moments were recommended to us by our caterer (Orange Blossom Catering), and they were so amazing at helping our wedding day be smooth and stress-free. She coordinated with all of our vendors (and in one case, a friend who was delivering flowers for... Read More us) to make sure everything and everyone was in the right place at the right time, and she even provided us with some final-touch decor pieces that we felt really took things to the next level. We didn't think we'd be able to hire a coordinator at all, but their pieces are very reasonable and for the service definitely worth every penny. =)

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Adrian H

My wife and I decided to get married on a day with special significance to us. Normally this would make a special day even more so... except we had decided that we should do this about three months before the date. With eleven weeks to go and not even our venue finalized, we... Read More realized we needed professional help. Tammy at Special Moments was reassuring from our very first conversation. While we (OK, mainly me) were freaking out over the ticking clock, Tammy constantly made sure we were where we needed to be and made sure everything that needed to get done, did. Even through we were consistently indecisive and peppering her with incessant questions, she was still friendly, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and the consummate professional throughout the entire process. To me, the most amazing thing was whenever we threw a new challenge at Tammy, she just calmly took them in stride. Last minute change of seating arrangements? Don't worry about it. Lacking the key component in the wedding favors? Found it and bought it (and oh, the favors are already done). Adding an entirely new vendor with a complicated travel arrangement 6 days before the wedding? Not even a problem. There were definitely times when I thought to myself "She must think we're like so freaking annoying" but all she ever did was reassure us every time that we're in good shape, give us high fives and told us she's going to make it all amazing. And she totally did. Our wedding day was perfect. Tammy (and the equally amazing Katie) took care of every detail we overlooked, eliminated every problem before it affected us and did whatever needed to be done, in many cases without us even being aware a problem existed. They were like the wedding version of a black ops team. Special Moments enabled us to enjoy our wedding day even more than we could have imagined and for that, we're ever so grateful. If you need a wedding planner, just save yourself the stress and go call Special Moments right now.

Wedding Planning and Decoration Rentals

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 Julie N

My husband and I were married on July 27th at St. Brendan's Church in Clearwater followed by a reception at the Clearwater Beach Rec Center. We were on a tight budget and the Clearwater Rec Center is a blank canvas so we were looking for someone who could put everything together... Read More for us. During the planning process Tammy was always 1 step ahead of us and making sure we were booking everything in a timely manner. She asked for copies of all contracts of booked vendors so she could reach out to them and let them know she was the point on contact day of and she was able to put a very detailed excel timeline together that way. The last two weeks before the wedding were extremely stressful and I know I would have lost it without Tammy. The Tuesday before the wedding I dropped off all the center pieces and a few decorations and when I walked into the reception hall on Saturday night it was beyond my wildest dreams. Tammy and her team did an absolutely stunning job putting everything together tastefully and beyond expectations and dreams. She really knows what she's doing, and how to go about it. EVERY vendor I worked with, when I told them I was working with Tammy always responded positively. She is well liked among the vendors and that makes a huge difference. She also stayed the whole night, broke everything down and I was able to go off and after party. I have to admit we did shop around after meeting Tammy because we weren't sure, and we didn't know what we were doing. This was a COMPLETE was of time, she is the best in the business, and the best value. USE HER! You will not regret it.

Tammy was amazing

Reviewed on 6/02/2013 Nicole S

Tammy was great. She kept us organized and on task. On the wedding day I did not have to worry about a thing. She kept us on schedule and everything went so smoothly. She made the day amazing!

Tammy Gets It Done

Reviewed on 5/20/2013 Kristen H

I was a bit of an indecisive bride and Tammy's strong opinions helped me out so much. She has a lot of experience and ideas for many different kind of weddings. She also has lots of materials to be used that are included in her price. She definitely worth the cost.

A must have

Reviewed on 4/30/2013 Elizabeth E

Tammy, is amazing. I can't say enough about here. Words can't describe her and everything she will do to make your wedding amazing. True excellence

Tammy is the Best!

Reviewed on 3/13/2013 Gabrielle F

I have no clue what we would have done without Tammy! In the beginning I was sure that I would be able to handle everything on my own and pass off day-of duties to family members and friends. Looking back now, I have no idea what I was thinking. Our decision to work with Tammy... Read More of Special Moments was the best decision we made after deciding to get married. She made the entire planning process and especially day-of seamless. Everything was where it was supposed to be and my only job was to arrive on time. Don't fool yourself into thinking you can do everything alone, it's not worth the time and stress! Hire Tammy and her team and save yourself!

5 stars is not enough!

Reviewed on 12/29/2012 Fawna T

Its hard to fit months of contact and coordination into one little box. One word to sum up our experience... amazing! ... We contacted Tammy and her team a few months into planning our wedding. We had very little direction and as my husband said I "needed to come back down to... Read More earth" with the planning process. After our first conversation with Tammy I immediately felt the pressure of planning but Tammy reassured me that everything would come together. Every week we were able to check something else off our list thanks to Tammy. Her knowledge and experience in this industry really does shine though at each obstacle. Her ideals were fresh and it wasn't hard to stay on the same page. Our budget was really important to my FI and she was in regular contact with him about it, keeping him up to date with what money was going where. Which of course only made it less stressful on him. Overall I don't think we could have picked a better planner. Her ideas that helped us keep under budget really was a LIFE SAVER! The day of coordinator was seamless and any hiccups were dealt with right away. I honestly don't think we could have gotten married with out her and her team! :) Really amazing experience!!! Tammy, Thank you for everything! You are amazing!!

HIRE THEM!

Reviewed on 5/24/2012 Rachel B

I can't say enough about how hiring Tammy made my wedding (planning and day of) so much better! Her guidance was invaluable and she made sure everything on the big day was perfect! I not only met a wonderful event planner - I made a friend!

Tammy Waterman

A modern day fairy godmother and all around dream-maker, Master Wedding Planner Tammy Waterman created Special Moments over 12 years ago with a desire to give couples the wedding experience they deserved, complete with gorgeous details, stress-free planning, and expert management. Tammy’s favorite part of any wedding day is seeing her couple’s faces when they are walking back down the aisle, and considers it a privilege to be the very first to congratulate them.