The Cakery

We specialize in cakes, cupcakes and cookies skillfully decorated to your specifications. Our luscious made-from-scratch buttercream tops all of our creations, making your wedding dessert as delicious as it is beautiful.

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

1420 Tamm Avenue in Dogtown, St. Louis, MO (314) 647-6000

Could not have been more perfect

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Anna

I looked at reviews for at least a dozen different bakeries in the St. Louis area, and visited a couple. My dad is a chef and he recommended one place, but it seemed kind of boring. My next stop was The Cakery Bakery. The instant my mom and I walked in, we were greeted by one of... Read More the owners and treated with courtesy and friendliness. The prices were more than fair and the options for decorations were nearly boundless. These people do traditional, whimsical, romantic, you name it. On top of all that, we sampled a bunch of their flavors, and I've got to tell you, they make the best wedding cake I've ever tasted! We got a simple, three-tiered vanilla buttercream cake with vanilla buttercream frosting that we had them do "plaster"-style instead of smooth. They didn't try to up-sell and they were very attentive to our preferences. On the big day, the cake was perfect. I would recommend The Cakery to anyone!

Wait a year for the top tier -- we couldn't wait more than a week!

Reviewed on 4/01/2014 Rebecca F

The Cakery was wonderful to work with and our wedding cake was DELICIOUS -- so delicious, in fact, that when we got back from our honeymoon, we pulled the top tier (which the venue had to hide so that it wasn't devoured) out of the freezer. We had a specific design in mind and... Read More brought in a picture - the cake that they designed to emulate the picture was even more attractive than the picture that we gave to them. They also made two very cute penguin cake toppers for us out of fondant. Deciding which flavor of cake to choose was the most difficult -- in the end, because we couldn't decide we ended up having a tier of red velvet, a tier of strawberry, and a tier of lemon (our favorite).

The Cakery Takes the Cake!

Reviewed on 3/28/2014 Paul R

We went to several bakeries when we were looking for a wedding cake vendor (this is one of the fun parts of planning for a wedding). Most of them were OK or above average, but The Cakery rose above the rest. Their bakery is clean and has a professional look to it. They are... Read More willing to work with you to incorporate any custom designs or ideas that you may have. However, the best part of this place is, of course, the cakes! They have some of the best wedding cake I have ever tasted. Just try the lemon cake! Granted, The Cakery is more expensive than some of the other bakeries in town. However, you get what you pay for. Go with The Cakery. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Natalie O

I would definitely recommend The Cakery Bakery! The entire experience of working with them was very pleasant -- from the complimentary cake tasting (which you can just pick up from their shop and take to-go), to discussing our vision, and the actual cake presentation/taste.... Read More Everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Susan S

Our cake was beautifully decorated, tasted delicious and turned out exactly as we had envisioned! I had a very pleasant and positive experience working with The Cakery. From the initial consultation to miscellaneous needs and questions I had leading up to our wedding day, Mary... Read More was very responsive and helpful. The design turned out exactly as we had envisioned. I can't wait to eat the top tier on our anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Jessica C

Our cake was delicious and the design and tasting session was easy. We loved every flavor and the cake was beautifully, and simply, designed to our taste.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Danielle G

Best wedding cake ever!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Alley B

They did a beautiful job on the cake and it tasted great too! The prices were fair we thought and we couldn't believe how much cheaper they actually were than many other places whos cake just was not as good. They were always helpful. I would definitely recommend

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Elizabeth B

One word: PHENOMENAL! There was literally a mad rush for cake by our guests at our wedding. We got three different flavors for variety, and we're pretty convinced that most people ate all three kinds. We initially thought we ordered too many servings for the number of... Read More expected guests, but we were never so disappointed to learn as we were that night there was only one small kitchen cake left! The design was beautiful and looked so elegant in the Grand Hall of Silver Oaks. We're not sure why anyone would consider going anywhere else. Period.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Megan E

Wow! Our vendors, who eat a lot of wedding cake, asked where we got our cake. That's how good it was. When you pick up a tasting box you get a good selection of flavors and you can do it on your own time without a sales person hanging over you. The design process was a dream... Read More and when it arrives they displayed it beautifully. We cannot recommend enough.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Sarah S

Before booking with The Cakery, we had booked another STL baker to our wedding cake. After that unnamed baker "ghosted" us, we were desperate to find a new baker in a short amount of time. The Cakery was a perfect solution and took care of absolutely everything. The day of our... Read More wedding, the cake looked better than I had imagined, was delivered on time, was absolutely delicious, and took the midwest, July heat at our outdoor reception incredibly well. For anyone getting married in the St. Louis/St. Charles area, I would advise you leave it to the professionals and hire The Cakery.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Alli R

Delicious cake, very friendly employees, perfect prices! Several guests tracked me down at the wedding to ask me where we got our cake and cupcakes! The Cakery Bakery of course! We highly recommend them and will be using them in the future for other events!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Mattie B

We love The Cakery! From the very beginning, everyone at The Cakery is so friendly and easy to work with. They definitely create a worry-free planning process. Our cake turned out beautifully and tasted amazing! The price is very reasonable and the design was exactly what we... Read More talked about in the planning meeting. They really bring your vision to life! I highly recommend The Cakery for a smooth planning process and cake that tastes just as good as it looks!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Lindsay B

Our wedding cake turned out exactly as we had imagined, and it tasted just as amazing! Everyone at The Cakery was incredibly pleasant to work with, and the design process was so easy and smooth. Nothing to worry about with The Cakery! I will definitely be back to The Cakery as... Read More they also make decorative cookies for all occasions, and I love their cake-in-a-cup that they have ready to go any day!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Phuong L

Our cake was absolutely beautiful and SO delicious! So thankful to those at the Cakery Bakery for working with us! They were easy to communicate and work with!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Rachelle R

The cake was the most important aspect of my wedding reception! I LOVE cake and I've been to weddings where the cake is such a let down! After my tasting with Cakery Bakery, I was sold! AND THEY DID NOT DISAPPOINT! Such a beautiful cake that tasted absolutely amazing! No grit... Read More from sugar, not too much frosting, it was heavenly. I didn't eat much on my wedding day but I made sure I had my cake! We will be ordering another on our 1 year anniversary!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Janeé H

The Cakery is THE absolute best!!! I could not have been more pleased with my wedding day cakes which were beyond delicious! I would most definiely recommend The Cakery to all.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Debbie M

The Cakery has made two wedding cakes for our family over the last few years. They're beautiful and especially tasty! You can't go wrong.

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Trish D

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the Cakery. The cake was beautiful and delicious, and I could not have been happier with it! We worked with Megan, and I am so thankful for that. She listened, provided suggestions, and did everything she could to make sure I was... Read More happy. I can't express my gratitude enough! Thank you, the Cakery & Megan!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Deanna P

Such a great company! Our guests loved the cake! It was the simple rustic cake I envisioned! Loved it!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Katie H

I cannot say enough good things about The Cakery. My husband and I had had their cake before and knew that we absolutely wanted them to make our wedding cake and they did not disappoint! We had so many compliments on how delicious our cake was and The Cakery made the process so... Read More easy. Our in person consultation was helpful and informative and we left feeling confident in our decision. Our cake was beautiful and tasty! Can't ask for anything more than that!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Katie Beth G

Wonderful experience, delicious cake, beautiful presentation. Very happy with our decision to choose The Cakery Bakery, and cannot wait to eat our 1 year anniversary cake. Thank you!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Brandy D

We decided to plan our wedding in 30 days...crazy yes, but we went for it. Almost 2 weeks into the planning we decided to go for the wedding cake. Originally I was just gonna go to Sam's Club and pick out a cake. But then I started to email various bakeries. The Cakery was the... Read More only one to email me back. They welcomed me in that week and I took home some samples. They all were yummy, but the rum cake was the one. We thought it was amazing and we paired it with raspberry fruit filling. A few days later we went back to pick out a design. And we even received a small discount since our wedding was during the off-season. Our cake was beautiful and everyone loved it!!! It was delicious. Thank you so much for a great finishing touch to our whirlwind wedding. I highly recommend them, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Kristen S

If I had to do it all over again, I'd absolutely book the Cakery. The staff was so friendly and more than willing to help whether it was in person or via phone or e-mail. We brought in a photo of what we wanted our wedding cake to look like and they absolutely nailed it. We... Read More dropped off our cake stand, topper, and decor from the florist the week of our wedding and they delivered and set everything up without a hitch. The cake and buttercream are unbelievable - it is actually hard to pick a flavor. We are still getting compliments from our guests on our wedding cake months later. You absolutely will not regret booking the Cakery!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Jen G

These guys are great to work with! They really can do anything you want ,I think. Our cake was exactly what we wanted and it was so delicious. I can't wait to eat it again in a year! :)