The Cakery

We specialize in cakes, cupcakes and cookies skillfully decorated to your specifications. Our luscious made-from-scratch buttercream tops all of our creations, making your wedding dessert as delicious as it is beautiful.

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

1420 Tamm Avenue in Dogtown, St. Louis, MO (314) 647-6000

Could not have been more perfect

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Anna

I looked at reviews for at least a dozen different bakeries in the St. Louis area, and visited a couple. My dad is a chef and he recommended one place, but it seemed kind of boring. My next stop was The Cakery Bakery. The instant my mom and I walked in, we were greeted by one of... Read More the owners and treated with courtesy and friendliness. The prices were more than fair and the options for decorations were nearly boundless. These people do traditional, whimsical, romantic, you name it. On top of all that, we sampled a bunch of their flavors, and I've got to tell you, they make the best wedding cake I've ever tasted! We got a simple, three-tiered vanilla buttercream cake with vanilla buttercream frosting that we had them do "plaster"-style instead of smooth. They didn't try to up-sell and they were very attentive to our preferences. On the big day, the cake was perfect. I would recommend The Cakery to anyone!

Wait a year for the top tier -- we couldn't wait more than a week!

Reviewed on 4/01/2014 Rebecca F

The Cakery was wonderful to work with and our wedding cake was DELICIOUS -- so delicious, in fact, that when we got back from our honeymoon, we pulled the top tier (which the venue had to hide so that it wasn't devoured) out of the freezer. We had a specific design in mind and... Read More brought in a picture - the cake that they designed to emulate the picture was even more attractive than the picture that we gave to them. They also made two very cute penguin cake toppers for us out of fondant. Deciding which flavor of cake to choose was the most difficult -- in the end, because we couldn't decide we ended up having a tier of red velvet, a tier of strawberry, and a tier of lemon (our favorite).

The Cakery Takes the Cake!

Reviewed on 3/28/2014 Paul R

We went to several bakeries when we were looking for a wedding cake vendor (this is one of the fun parts of planning for a wedding). Most of them were OK or above average, but The Cakery rose above the rest. Their bakery is clean and has a professional look to it. They are... Read More willing to work with you to incorporate any custom designs or ideas that you may have. However, the best part of this place is, of course, the cakes! They have some of the best wedding cake I have ever tasted. Just try the lemon cake! Granted, The Cakery is more expensive than some of the other bakeries in town. However, you get what you pay for. Go with The Cakery. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Brandy D

We decided to plan our wedding in 30 days...crazy yes, but we went for it. Almost 2 weeks into the planning we decided to go for the wedding cake. Originally I was just gonna go to Sam's Club and pick out a cake. But then I started to email various bakeries. The Cakery was the... Read More only one to email me back. They welcomed me in that week and I took home some samples. They all were yummy, but the rum cake was the one. We thought it was amazing and we paired it with raspberry fruit filling. A few days later we went back to pick out a design. And we even received a small discount since our wedding was during the off-season. Our cake was beautiful and everyone loved it!!! It was delicious. Thank you so much for a great finishing touch to our whirlwind wedding. I highly recommend them, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Kristen S

If I had to do it all over again, I'd absolutely book the Cakery. The staff was so friendly and more than willing to help whether it was in person or via phone or e-mail. We brought in a photo of what we wanted our wedding cake to look like and they absolutely nailed it. We... Read More dropped off our cake stand, topper, and decor from the florist the week of our wedding and they delivered and set everything up without a hitch. The cake and buttercream are unbelievable - it is actually hard to pick a flavor. We are still getting compliments from our guests on our wedding cake months later. You absolutely will not regret booking the Cakery!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Jen G

These guys are great to work with! They really can do anything you want ,I think. Our cake was exactly what we wanted and it was so delicious. I can't wait to eat it again in a year! :)

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Brandy H

The Cakery is by far THE BEST bakery in St. Louis. Their cakes taste AMAZING!!! We tried another bakery just down the road from them initially who came off like very big snobs and who repeatedly told us that their cake was superior and blah blah blah....honestly their cake... Read More tasted like cardboard! We then went to try the cakery and we were completely blown away by how good their samples were and how down to earth and nice everyone in the store was. Our cake turned out beautiful for our wedding and we could not have been happier! Thank you Cakery!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Hannah M

My husband and I had The Cakery make our wedding cake and it was fantastic! We loved the grab and go sample box, the helpful and friendly staff, and of course the absolutely delicious cake! Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Tracie J

All of our guests RAVED about the cake! Not only was it a beautiful design, it was heavenly to taste! The whole staff was fabulous to work with for a design and within our budget.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Andrea Y

We did several cake tastings in trying to find the right bakery, but once we tried the Cakery, we knew it was the one! The cake was absolutely delicious and received compliments from so many of our guests. The process was smooth - since I live out of town, I wasn't able to meet... Read More for a consultation, but I sent them a picture of what I wanted and they matched it exactly! The cake was gorgeous. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Breann S

I had 2 cakes at my wedding. A traditional tiered cake that was so perfect that and exactly what I described that I was almost shocked they understood what I was explaining. And a small 2nd cake that had a piped icing version on my dog that was so perfect and looked exactly like... Read More him. Both cakes were amazing, working with the cakery was super easy. AND mostly, so freaking delicious! Cinnamon buttercream is by far the best!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Hoang-Anh T

The Cakery delivered amazing cupcakes and cake for our wedding reception -- delicious, freshly made from great ingredients, and beautifully designed within our budget. The staff were patient throughout the taste-testing period, and were helpful in providing ideas for designs... Read More that matched our theme/color and stayed within budget, and delivered exactly as expected on the wedding day. The cakes were DELICIOUS - very moist, the right amount of sweetness, and beautifully decorated. We were so pleased, and our guests devoured the treats, and our photographer loved photographing the whole set-up. However, we do recommend keeping meticulous notes on everything since they are so busy that sometimes staff get mixed up about details. We were contacted twice about payment (as late as one week before the wedding) even though we had paid everything in full two months prior. Overall, we would highly recommend The Cakery Bakery!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Rachel G

You know a cake is amazing, when after it's been sitting for 2 days, it's still incredible moist as if they just pulled it out of the oven. This place was incredible. After we had our sit down and tried some of the cakes the decision was incredible easy to go with The Cakery for... Read More our wedding cake. The cake was beautiful, they remembered to bring the cake topper and the flowers that cascaded around the 3 tier cake and it was just sooo freaking yummy, I was bragging about it the next two days. I'm so excited for our 1st anniversary so we can crack that bad boy out of the freezer to relive our special day. Fantastic!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Katie O

Absolutely amazing cake! So easy to work with and they created exactly what I wanted. I brought in pictures of exactly what I wanted and they were able to create it perfectly! I actually had them make a fun grooms cake that was sports themed and it looked awesome! Very easy to... Read More work with, amazing cake and worth every penny! I definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Megan R

We got our wedding cake from the Cakery. The cake was so beautiful!! The chocolate chip cake with chocolate ganache filling was a HUGE hit!!! I highly recommend!! My only complaint was that when scheduling our design consultation it had to be rescheduled TWICE due to the... Read More owner's schedule. She teaches classes and was unaware of her schedule for teaching so when it came out they called and rescheduled once and then she called and apologized and rescheduled it a second time. She did apologize and it all worked out, I just wish there had been better care in rescheduling us the first time. That being said I would go back to the Cakery tomorrow and actually encouraged my brother to check them out for his wedding.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Jenny O

Amazing customer service and delicious cake! They were so easy to work with and the cake turned out exactly as I had envisioned. I've heard good things about how the cake lasts and can't wait to have it again on our anniversary! The guests had nothing but good things to say as... Read More well. Thank you to everyone at the Cakery!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Kate S

I am beyond impressed by The Cakery and their talented team. My partner and I wanted a 3-tiered book wedding cake, and The Cakery more than exceeded our expectations. They were always prompt and professional when we emailed with questions, and our in-person cake consultation... Read More was fantastic. They took our ideas and made them into reality. When we finally saw our cake on the wedding day, we were blown away. The cake was exactly what we asked for and more. Not only did it look flawless (I'm still stunned at their buttercream artistry), but it tasted amazing, too. Thank you, Cakery team!!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Kristin M

WOW WOW WOW is all I can say about the Cakery. I myself love to bake, so knew finding a delicious and beautiful cake was a must for our wedding. Not only are their cakes genuinely delicious, their artistic work is unparalleled. They took my vision for a grand cake with intricate... Read More piping and executed it perfectly. Their buttercream is perfectly vanilla and every flavor we included was delicious. I chose yellow cake (with confetti! So fun for our zoo wedding reception), chocolate cake, and their recommendation for banana cake--all were delicious. The layers included hand piped details inspired by the lace on my gown, which turned out beautiful. I only wish I could have eaten more! Best baker around. Pick them!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Taylor S

All of ladies at the cakery were so helpful and great! Originally we wanted to do a chalkboard cake and they weren't sure if they would be able to so they actually made a cake to try it (which of course they didn't have to do they could have just said no) and unfortunately it... Read More didn't work out but we met back up and went back to the drawing board and together we created something much better! I couldn't imagine us going with another bakery! Our cake was absolutely stunning! Better than I could've ever imagined. The cake in general is to die for. I never have tasted a cake so delicious and moist. All of out guests were in love and asked where our cake came from! If you're looking for a wedding cake that will satisfy everything from taste to looks, look no further! Thank you to everyone at the cakery bakery!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Stephanie S

Loved The Cakery! My wedding cake turned out EXACTLY how I wanted. They were super easy to work with from beginning to end and they helped make my wedding day perfect. I got so many compliments on my wedding cake. I highly recommend The Cakery Bakery!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Sara H

We got so many compliments on our cake! We tried many different bakeries, and we're so glad we chose The Cakery. They were easy to work with, fairly priced, and tasted THE BEST. We had friends sample the cakes as well, and we all came down to the same conclusion. We went with... Read More the yellow cake with a raspberry jam/fruit filling - SO GOOD. We will definitely get cakes and treats from them again! Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Emily M

The cake was so moist and delicious! They were profession and made everything perfect!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Amy J

The Cakery is one of the most highly recommended bakeries in St. Louis and there's no surprise why. We live out of town, but we booked the Cakery just based off their reputation and communication via phone and email. The design process was laid-back, but organized. Our design... Read More was simple, but we could still tell there was hard work and time put into making the cake look perfect. All of the flavors we tried were so delicious that we had a hard time deciding on our cake flavors. I've been to weddings where the cake doesn't really get eaten, but we were only left with one piece of cake at the end of the night! The guests loved it. I'm so happy with our decision to use The Cakery!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Elisa S

The cakery is fantastic! Their design team met with us to get our vision. Based on some pictures and listening to us they created the perfect wedding cake. Not only was it beautiful but it was absolutely delicious! A small hometown bakery that makes you feel like you matter... Read More with some of the best cake in town! Can't wait for our 1 year to eat our top cake!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Allison H

We had the Cakery Bakery do our cake for our June 2016 wedding and we could not have been happier. Starting with our tasting and ending with the wedding (well hopefully the first anniversary) they were amazing. I am not normally a wedding cake fan, my mom decorated wedding... Read More cakes as I was growing up and most that I had tasted did not live up to hers. The Cakery proved my wrong! When we did our tasting it was hard to narrow it down, they were all so so so delicious. We decided to go with a chocolate chip cake with mint frosting and a white cake with raspberry filling, both were amazing! I never expected to receive so many compliments on my cake and I heard them all night long! Not to mention the design on the cake was amazing. We went with a simple and elegant design but it blew me away! I would highly recommend their services!