Where Southern Charm Meets Rich History

Nestled in the historic Arsenal Hill neighborhood in Columbia, the South Carolina Lace House is a uniquely beautiful and historic home located within the Governor’s Mansion Complex. Step back in time as you stroll through the scenic gardens that surround the Lace House. With a spacious bridal suite and groom suite, this historic home is the ideal place to celebrate your special day. The Lace House and its adjacent gardens can hold anywhere from 25 to 600 guests and they are available to rent for weddings, parties, meetings and other events.

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Trees

South Carolina Governor's Mansion Complex, Columbia, SC (803) 737-2235

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Alicia M

I can't begin to say how awesome Karen and her team are! Our April 22 wedding was moved to the Lace House at the last minute. Within a month, my mom and I totally re-planned an entirely different wedding than what we'd been working on for the previous year... and neither of us... Read More live in Columbia. Karen was full of recommendations, accommodations, and made sure we were able to pull it off with the least amount of stress possible. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous, the use of all rooms of the house provided the perfect backdrop and space we needed to spread out, relax, and ENJOY every second of our day. We were given the flexibility to make the space ours - from the lighting to the decor, the set up - everything! We were even graced by the Governor, who stopped by shortly before the wedding to give his well wishes. The Lace House will always be near and dear to our hearts.

2017-09-27T21:08:16 Response from the vendor

Alicia - Hope you and Geoff are enjoying married life! Thank you so much for your gracious words of support. We are glad we were able to be a part of your special day.

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Maya H

Sarah and Karen are amazing to work with. We had a simply wonderful experience with The Lace House. Any time we needed to view the venue , it was made readily accessible. The Lace House could not be more beautiful and the staff could not be more kind and friendly. It was such a... Read More wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Grace H

Perfect venue for a wedding! Everything about the Lace House is beautiful beyond words. Karen was so easy to work with. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect venue!!

Reviewed on 4/23/2018 Charley C

Our April 13th wedding was just wonderful. From the time we booked The Lace House Karen was such a joy. Karen did not every hesitate to ensure we were completely satisfied. The house worked perfect for our setup and timeline of the day. One of the things I loved most about the... Read More house was the spacious suites. The bridal suite and grooms room were so awesome. They allowed for my husband and I to get ready and spend time without our party without having to worry about seeing each other. I would highly recommend booking your wedding here! Or reception, the space is just lovely.

Reviewed on 2/08/2018 Darren C

The Lace House was the BEST place for our wedding. Karen was the greatest to work with to schedule our event!! Sarah was awesome to work with on the day of and made sure everything ran smoothly! You can't beat the Mansion Mall fountain in the background of your wedding and the... Read More ready made dance floor / patio area outside the Lace House!! Best Choice ever!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Simone G

Everything about the lace House is a dream. The setting offers the versatility that we wanted for our wedding day. It was important for us to get ready, have the ceremony and reception all in one place . The lace House allowed for a beautiful setting to do all three of those... Read More things and have beautiful pictures and backgrounds as we did so. The staff are so accommodating and do their best to meet your needs ! There were several times that they made time provisions to accommodate me since I was an out of town bride. Our guests are still raving over the lovely grounds of the lace House. It is a stunning, southern vintage dream come true !

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Sunny L

I held my wedding reception at the Lace House on August 18th 2017 and it was beautiful! Karen was super easy to work with and made everything a breeze! They are extremely accommodating and do everything they can to make your big day spectacular! I love the look of the house and... Read More how you can utilize the space inside and outside of it. The Lace House was the first venue I looked at in person and was easily my first choice. I highly recommend it to brides looking for an indoor-outdoor venue for their wedding with a beautiful look and rich history!

2017-09-19T11:33:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to be part of your special day. Hope you and Trey are enjoying married life!!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Sarah G

The Lace House was the perfect place for our reception. We loved being able to use the house, patio and surrounding gardens. It was everything I could have imagined and more!

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Madisen B

It is the most beautiful place if seen that is not too expensive for our budget. And outstanding team working there

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Carlie R

Loved this venue for our wedding! The grounds are beautiful and historical elegance is timeless. I received so many compliments on how beautiful the venue and gardens were. You will not be disappointed if you pick this as your wedding location. You will love your pictures,... Read More and the staff is very accommodating to your needs!

2017-05-24T20:18:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled that the Lace House provided the perfect backdrop for your wedding! Sincerely, Sarah Truel Lace House Events Coordinator

Absolutely Beautiful Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Kim M

I got married at The Lace House in May and it was so amazing. The grounds are beautiful and the coordinators were so helpful and truly pleasant to work with. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a first class venue.

Southern Elegance

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Alexandra M

We new we wanted a vintage inspired wedding with southern details. The Lace House offered us the perfect amenities and the whole day was perfect, the antebellum home was full of southern charm and the garden grounds were exsqusite!!

best place for weddig and reception!

Reviewed on 7/13/2011 Jessica M

We had both our weddnig and reception at the SC Gov. Mansion and it was absoolety the best decision we made! The layout was perfect for our large wedding and the staff was very easy to work with. Whatever we needed or wanted, they did! The grounds and Lace house are beautiful... Read More and it was the perfect place for our outdoor party! We would highly recommend the Gov. mansion and the Lace house!!

The Lace House

Reviewed on 6/29/2010 Katherine W

Beautiful home/gardens! The staff members were easy to work with. Beautiful background for a ceremony & reception.

Rating for The Lace House