Commitment Ceremony

Christian, Interfaith

Ceremony, Wedding

MD (410) 371-2326

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Amy B

While communication with Pastor Ken could be difficult at times, we loved working with Pastor Ken and his wife, Jo-Ann. He provided us pages and pages of wording and ceremony templates to choose from, and even suggestions for readings. We were able to create our very own... Read More ceremony based on our personal views with readings that were important to us, and we even worked with Pastor Ken and Jo-Ann to create a unity ceremony unique to us. They worked with us every step of the way to help us create the best ceremony we could, and it went off without a hitch.

YES for Pastor Ken

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Amanda H

Not only is Pastor Ken awesome but the way you're able to select your words for your ceremony made a moment that we'll never forget. Being able to go through and select the words that meant the most to us made our vows so special. Our wedding guests of all religions could not... Read More get enough of Pastor Ken, his smile and how contagious his message was. No matter your religion or denomination, don't miss out on Pastor Ken- he makes your special day, just that, and so much more!

Absolutely Wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Kristelle H

Pastor Ken did an awesome job officiating my wedding. He is very personable and really provides a great service. My friends and family could not stop talking about how wonderful he did. I would recommend Pastor Ken and the great customer service of his wife to anyone!

fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Mallory

Pastor Ken did such an amazing job! My husband and I come from very different backgrounds, and are not super traditional, and Pastor Ken worked with us to built a completely custom, perfect ceremony for us. He is very warm, funny, and friendly, while being very professional. He... Read More has great stage presence and can command a crowd, and lead the ceremony (and rehearsal!) with ease. We got SO many compliments from our guests about what a phenomenal job he did!! And funny enough, during my whole wedding planning process, I actually met several other people who had him as their officiant at their weddings, and absolutely loved him. I would highly recommend him to any bride. The officiant is a pretty big deal at your wedding, you definitely want to make the right decision, and you won't go wrong with Pastor Ken!

Pastor Ken is the man!

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Amanda S

When deciding to forgo the Catholic ceremony for our big day, we were a little uncertain of where to find a wedding officiant. Google lead us to Pastor Ken who not only is good at what he does but he was genuinely interested in us as a couple. We took pre-wedding coaching... Read More classes with him and got to know him, as well as ourselves, better. It was great to know that our married life was starting off in the hands of someone so wonderful, loving, and caring. Pastor Ken made sure that our wedding ceremony was exactly what we wanted and it could have no been more perfect.

THE PEOPLE ARE STILL TALKING!!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Lakeasha W

As soon as my fiance proposed to me, Valentine's Day 2011, I knew I wanted Ken Patterson to marry Jared and me. We received exceptional service from him and his wife Jo-ann. I was very pleased with how punctual our sessions were. Premarital counseling has changed our... Read More relationship for the best, and we continue to use what we learned from each of our sessions. I am a firm believer in pre-marital counseling and having Pastor Ken Patterson as an officiant. My husband and I tied the knot 7/21/2012, and people are STILL talking about Ken Patterson. Our ceremony was short and sweet, BUT very memorable thanks to Ken. During our ceremony, he made our guest understand the importance of marriage and even made us laugh. He was funny, lively, and professional. Since then, we've had friends say they want Pastor Ken to marry them because of his participation in our wedding. It is now October 2012, and my husband and I have joined his church Grace International Church and we're amazed at how much he loves his wife. They are truly role-models to us newly wed couples. Although, I plan to never get married again, I hope to attend all of my friends and family's wedding with Ken Patterson as the officiant. Five Star is not enough ladies and gents! :) The Bride~Mrs. Wormley

Pastor Ken was Awesome

Reviewed on 6/29/2012 denijiah r

Pastor Ken was very professional and patient! My wedding was running late, he not once complained. He was very understanding! He did such a wonderful job, I plan to recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant. Also a good friend of mine also had nothing but positive things... Read More to say about him which make my husband and I request his services!! Whenever i had a question he and his wife were very prompt in answering it via email or by phone. Awesome job Pastor Ken and JoAnne... Keep up the good work !! Thank u much!! Denijiah & Gerard Hutcherson

June 3, 2012

Reviewed on 6/29/2012 Artesha M

Pastor ken was very professional. We were very impressed throughout the process of planning our ceremony. when ever we had a question we received a prompt response.

EXCELLENT JOB!!!

Reviewed on 3/26/2012 Shantell G

The Maryland Wedding Officiant is a top-notch, well-organized, and professional business. We were immediately impressed with their website, which for us, was the deciding factor on which wedding officiant within the DMV area we were going to contact. Simply based on the... Read More website, the Maryland Wedding Officiant was the first on our list. Everything from the website, the initial consultation with Pastor Ken, working with Jo-Ann to create the perfect ceremony that fits our style, to Pastor Ken performing the actual ceremony was ALL done in spirit of excellence! The process from beginning to end was extremely easy. We were not able to rehearse with Pastor Ken, but on the day of the ceremony you would've thought we had multiple rehearsals. Our guest were so impressed with Pastor Ken, instead of asking about our wedding photos, they often express how they were so impressed with our wedding officiant. We would recommend the Maryland Wedding Officiant to anyone who is getting married in the DMV area! GREAT JOB! And thanks for making our wedding special!!! Troy and Shantell Gutrick

Great choice!!!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2012 Arndrea P

When my husband and I were looking for someone to officiate our wedding we had no idea where to begin. I did a Google search and The Maryland Wedding Officiant site came up. The website was very nicely done and looked very inviting. We knew we had found the right person when we... Read More read about Pastor Ken, his wife, his family and everything they believed in about marriage. The fact that he shared personal information about himself made us relate to him and his family as well. After reading the entire website, it was a bonus to know that he wasn’t just going to officiate our wedding, but he would be there for us afterwards with additional coaching and marriage building, if we need it. It was comforting to know that if we ever wanted to continue to build on our marriage he would be there to assist us. When we called to speak with Pastor Ken to get additional information we had to leave a message, but he promptly returned our call and we have always had great communication with both him and his adorable wife. Upon meeting with him he made us feel at ease and comfortable with the way the ceremony would be handled. He was very professional and organized as he provided us with an outline of the various ceremonies he could perform. He was especially attentive to the needs and feelings of both my husband and I. We wanted to make sure we honored my husband’s mother and other special persons that could not be with us. We also wanted to communicate our personal feelings about interference into our union with our guest. Pastor Ken was more than helpful with suggestions of how to accomplish both. He really listened to our wants and needs and was more than accommodating. He was always willing to answer any questions we had and his wife was very instrumental as well. She made sure that we received all of the documentations and orchestrated the emailing of vows etc... She is a great helpmate for Pastor Ken. We would just like to thank them for everything they have done for and with us. Mr. & Mrs. Potee

Pastor Ken is more then just an officiant!

Reviewed on 12/05/2011 Dawn Marie F

I found Pastor Ken on the knot.com, after going to a bridal show. When I clicked the link to their website I didn't know that it would be the only officiant link I would be clicking that day. After I reviewed the website I was insantly in love with his personality and I hadn't... Read More even meet or spoke to him yet. Pastor Ken and his wife, Jo-Ann believe in love and marriage. They see the commitment in people no matter what road they took to get there. It only took one call to Pastor Ken and I had booked my wedding date insantly. He gave me advice and support when he didn't have to, which was a blessing for me. He was funny at our wedding and didn't make us feel like we were generic and just like any other wedding his been to. He was more a guest having a good time then an officiant. I would defiantly tell any bride to be to contact him. They have so many options to choice from to fit your perfect day. Ladies don't hesitate trust me you won't be disappointed. Thanks Pastor Ken!

Five Stars is not enough

Reviewed on 10/30/2011 S b

A few days before our ceremony our original officiant bailed out on us. Initially that was devastating news but it turned out to be a really huge blessing because we found Pastor Ken. Every step from the beginning (short) planning stages up to the day was pleasant and... Read More professional. He was a great hit with our family and friends and very instrumental in making our special day a dream come true.

Memorable and Sentimental

Reviewed on 10/16/2011 Sunita R

Terrific service. Great Officiant. Memorable experience - everything felt personable, and created uniquely for us - from the pre-marriage classes all the way to our wedding day! I definitely recommend Pastor Ken! I loved meeting and working with his wife Jo-Ann during... Read More our rehearsal, as well!!

The Best Ever

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Christine K

I loved Sharon!!! She was the most kind, wonderful person ever! We got so many complements on her delivery and how clear her voice was! It truly was a pleasure to work with her and I highly recommend her to everyone!!! Thank you Sharon!

Great Personality and Professionalism!

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 Michellene K

Pastor Ken Patterson's promise for the "Gold Standard" is totally the truth. The professionalism of The Maryland Wedding Officiant coupled with their attention to detail when helping you put together your vows, helping prepare you for marriage with the pre-counceling sessions... Read More (optional) that they offer really make this a well rounded service. EVERYONE has complimented us on how funny, personable, and great our officiant was. We would use them again in a heartbeat. We are STILL getting compliments on the ceremony!

"Yes" the Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 9/15/2011 Lisa E

Pastor Ken and his wife Jo-Ann are committed to marriage. They adapted to our crazy schedule as we planned our wedding while also moving to Texas. My now husband and I went through a few coaching sessions and had PK perform our wedding ceremony. He was technologically savvy... Read More using skype for our last session (we had moved by then) and had his iPad at the ceremony. Our relationship grew even stronger after our sessions with PK. We are planning on continuing our marriage coaching with PK via skype. The ceremony was perfect. Let's be honest, how many people remember the wedding ceremony vs the reception? So many of our guests commented about how beautiful our wedding ceremony was. One of our aunts made a comment to Pastor Ken that she has attended many weddings in her lifetime and he was the best pastor that she has seen. We can't say enough good things about Pastor Ken and his wife Jo-Ann. Thank you.

We LOVED Pastor Ken!

Reviewed on 9/01/2011 Kimberly D

He and his wife Joanne were amazing to work with. They took extra care in helping personalize our wedding. He really made you as if your special day was special to him as well. My family, friends, and everyone loved him. One other thing I'll add is that our wedding was... Read More outdoors, in Baltimore, during Friday evening rush hour, with Key Highway in the background, and he projected SO well. Everyone was able to hear him without it sounding like he was yelling. He did a fantastic job.

Awesome Job!

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 Monique F

We initially contacted Pastor Ken with the intentions on contracting him as the officiant for our wedding. While visiting the website we decided some coaching would be appropriate.. From the first session; we knew we made the right decision. Pastor Ken and JoAnne are a great... Read More team! The professionalism is outstanding.. I recommend him any chance I get..

The Most Fun!

Reviewed on 8/03/2011 Alana J

Pastor Ken was referred to Julian and I by a friend of a friend. As such we weren't sure what to expect. Our first meeting with him was through Skype (he's tech savvy) and I can honestly say his amazing energy and passion for what he does won us over! We decided to do... Read More marriage counseling with him as well and that helped to solidify our commitment and strengthen the foundation of our marriage. In fact, during the sand ceremony, we asked Pastor Ken to pour the first sand to represent God as the foundation of our marriage. The ceremony itself was lively and full of love. The relationship we developed with Pastor Ken really helped the ceremony take on special meaning. Guests came up to us during the reception to comment on how great the ceremony was. One friend said that ours was "the most fun ceremony [he'd] ever been to!". It felt the same for us as well. I'm so happy with our choice and I know you will be too!

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 7/31/2011 Tanyka G

Pastor Kenney did an excellent job. He was more than helpful and showed nothing but concern about my marriage and its success. He gave us so much information during our counseling sessions that will help us to have a long and happy marriage. I could not have asked for a better... Read More officiant!!! Our wedding guest were very impressed by his professionalism and his friendly approach. Having Pastor Ken as an officiant would be a great addition to anyones wedding. Thank you Ken

Great Teacher and Pastor

Reviewed on 7/11/2011 sarrina d

My husband and I first met with Pastor Ken to help us improve our communication with one another. He was so patient and objective during our multple coaching sessions. We honestly beleive that if it werent for Pastor Ken, we may not be married today. He performed our wedding and... Read More has been a part of our journey to find and nurture our love. We love Pastor Ken and recommend his services to new couples, old couples and everyone in between.

Friggin' Cool

Reviewed on 7/10/2011 lauren m

I was super excited to have Pastor Ken be the officiant for our wedding. My husband and I aren't very traditional and we knew we wanted a short, simple, sweet ceremony--Pastor Ken was helpful and extremely flexible working with our requests and made it perfect! It was a pleasure... Read More and a breeze to build our ceremony. He and his wife were always available whether through e-mail or phone calls if I had any concerns or problems. When the day came, he was on time (very professional) and gave a great, lively service. Everyone loved him! So I have to thank Pastor Ken a thousand times over for being the officiant at our wedding--it was awesome. I highly, HIGHLY recommend him!!!!

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Elizabeth L

Two words to describe Pastor Ken and his services...Simply Amazing! My husband and I actually contacted Pastor Ken pretty late into our wedding planning...a month before our wedding date. So I was extremely stressed out, but Pastor Ken made me feel at ease. He met with us... Read More immediately and we felt as if we had known him for years! We knew right away that he would be the one to perform our ceremony. He is extremely professional, warm, and funny to boot! And fast in responding to emails and phone calls, which is important for any bride! We received a lot of compliments from our family and friends about how wonderful of a ceremony we had, and it was all thanks to Pastor Ken and his custom made packages. My husband and I highly recommend Pastor Ken, in fact, our friends just got married this past weekend and Pastor Ken performed their ceremony based on seeing how great he was at our wedding.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Shauna B

We chose Pastor Ken from a recommendation from our Planner Jessica at Elegant Events. We are so happy we went with Pastor Ken. He is funny, blunt, God fearing, and Bible Based. We had the pre-marital counseling classes. His wife Joann was also very kind, sweet, patient, and... Read More worked closely with us as well. Our ceremony was so awesome. Our family is still talking about the ceremony and how Pastor Ken conducted it. WE will HIGHLY recommend the Maryland Wedding Officiant. We can't wait to work with them again preparing for our vow renewal next year.

Maryland Wedding Officiant

Reviewed on 6/05/2011 Michelle M

Pastor Ken did a great job at the ceremony but was not able to attend the rehearsal and for the money we paid for this, I believe that should be included. Also, he confirmed with us that his wife was invited to the reception, then she told us at the last minute that she wasn't... Read More coming and we had to pay for her dinner.

2011-06-06T11:32:13 Response from the vendor

First, we thank you again for the opportunity to serve you both, and for the compliments on the ceremony, though it's unfortunate we received such a low review. =( Rehearsal: We make it crystal clear both in the consultation and on the signed agreement (in... Read Less Read More