Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

PO Box 10872, Lahaina, HI (808) 250-1624

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 L L

Cherise is a true professional! We are so lucky to have her planning our wedding. She is very experienced and provided so many helpful suggestions to get us on board. On our wedding day, she was there to ensure every detail and moment as planned. Hard to imagine the wedding day... Read More without her help! I will recommend her to everyone who wants a great but easy wedding!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016

Cherise is amazing Our destination wedding was perfect and magical. Cherise made it easy and stress free We felt like we had a friend planning our wedding. She gave great recommendations and interested in every aspect of our wedding. We felt important to her Cherise created... Read More the perfect wedding for us using our budget. She knew all the right vendors. Our memories of that day will never fade. Cherise is the best Mahalo

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Mary Q

My husband & I knew we wanted a destination wedding. I knew immediately during our first phone conversation that Cherise would be perfect for coordinating our big day. She is very personable, sweet, & has such a calming tone. She also had great recommendations for vendors.... Read More Originally, I was set on getting married at Merriman's (where we got engaged). We ended up not getting married at Merriman's because it didn't meet our requirements and budget. Cherise provided us with many venue options based on what we envisioned. We couldn't have been happier with the decision that we made. All of my family and friends who know how detail orientated I am asked how did I do it? I simply told them I put all my trust into Cherise who had a lot of experience & sent her a lot of pictures! ;) All of our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful and how much fun they had at our wedding. Having a wedding singer was top on my list and I couldn't have been happier with Cherise's recommendation. Having Joshua Kahala perform definitely set the tone of our wedding. Our guests also could not stop raving about how good the food was! From the raw seafood bar, appetizers, dinner, cake, to ending the night with shaved ice. My husband and I only got a small taste of our wedding cake during cake cutting. The day after our wedding, Cherise so kindly dropped off what was left of our cake at our hotel! Thanks so much Cherise & Team! We couldn't have done it without you Mary & John

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Jeb H

If you are planning a special event on Maui, I would highly recommend calling Cherise before making any other arrangements. Cherise has been an integral part of two weddings in my family, so this is a double thumbs up review. My sister was married in Maui in 2014, and Cherise... Read More was her wedding coordinator. After watching the beautifully orchestrated ceremony and reception, I knew exactly who to call for our special day. My wife and I live almost 5,000 miles from Maui, so it was so important to have Cherise there to guide us and provide local knowledge. She helped us select vendors and kept us on track with our budget. A wedding comes with a LOT of unknowns, and Cherise was always there to walk us through the details and give us solid advice. We planned a trip to Maui five months before the wedding, and Cherise was there to meet us. She helped us arrange visits with the wedding venue, the florist, the make-up artist, and the cake experts. Not only did she set up the appointments, she was there with us every step of the way to help us make the important decisions that made our wedding so special. When we arrived on Maui for the wedding, Cherise was there to help us sort out the last minute details. Having someone there to keep everything moving forward is critical to the event running smoothly. The wedding day was incredible. Cherise has the ability to make everything happen while presenting a calm and collected appearance. The entire day ran on time and nothing got lost in the mix. She was always two steps ahead and she made sure that things were running smoothly. Cherise was a master at making sure that we were able to enjoy our wedding day. She made sure that we had time to eat and relax. Many friends say that their wedding day was a blur...we maintain that we really were able to experience every detail. This is a testament to the work that Cherise was doing behind the scenes. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the great work that Cherise's daughter Angelei did throughout the wedding day. She was a big part of making sure that the smallest details were set up perfectly. I can't say enough how wonderful it was to have a team that knew exactly how to make the day special. Thanks Angelei! Planning a wedding is quite the undertaking. Cherise is not only a wedding planner/coordinator, she is a wedding expert. Everything from wedding colors, to budget, to knowing the weather at the venue was so helpful in getting things just right. I would recommend The Perfect Wedding to anyone that is planning a special event on Maui! Thanks from Maryland, Jeb and Amanda

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Grace C

I chose cherise as my wedding planner based on other peoples reviews and I am glad I did. I was the most unstressed bride ever. I am very indecisive and a procrastinator. She would always reply back within a timely manner. I would email her pictures and special requests of what... Read More I wanted. Cherise would then find the perfect match from all the vendors that she works. There were a few times where I had to cut the cost on certain things and she made it work. Even the venue I had originally wanted was booked for the year so she suggested another venue based on what I had wanted and it was better than my original plan. On the day of, I had my dream wedding that I will always remember. I could not have done this without her.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

Cherise is absolutely amazing. Planning a destination wedding can be super stressful because you are not there to actually meet the vendors, taste the food, pick the flowers, etc. Cherise puts all you worries at ease with her "get it done" attitude, combined with her gentle... Read More demeanor. When we arrived the day of our wedding, it was exactly how I envisioned it. We had planned everything for almost a year prior, and all I had done was send her pictures of my vision....and she made it come to life! I can be pretty picky too....and Cherise nailed it! She is such a genuine person, who really cares about your big day. This isn't about a paycheck for her...you can tell this is her real passion. I loved working with Cherise and would highly recommend her to any bride-to-be.

Reviewed on 3/23/2016

Cherise and her beautiful daughter Angele were amazing! I will definitely recommend Cherises services to plan, and execute any wedding. I helped my daughter and her fiancé plan their wedding in Maui long distance from Coronado and from the first time iI spoke to Cherise on... Read More the phone I loved her. She is prompt in responding to phone calls and emails and texts and always with the best attitude. She is very efficient and always suggests great ideas and suggests ways to save money if she feels from experience things aren't necessary. She suggested placement of LOVE sign by dance floor and it was a great idea because otherwise we would not have seen it and enjoyed it. She also suggested a clear tent because in Maui you never know with the weather and the clear tent enhanced the decor and was perfect because no leaves fell on table and we had the peace of mind of knowing that if it rained or was windy we were protected. Her demeanor is calm and soothing. She is very sweet and Super efficient. I didn't worry about one thing during the ceremony, cocktails or reception. Nor did Bride and Groom. She was there with her daughter until the very end and made sure everyone got taxis back to their destinations. Most important, she kept the bride calm at all times because she doesn't impose, she just delivers and works with your ideas. Thank you so much Cherise and Angele!!!

2016-03-23T15:35:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Brigitte for your kind words. It was such a pleasure to share the planning of your beautiful daughter with you. Wishing you all the best! Cherise & Agelei

Reviewed on 3/13/2016 Dana M

Cherise Shulman, owner of The Perfect Wedding, is fantastic and did an incredible job on our wedding in Maui! I live in Canada, so deciding on hiring a wedding planner for our destination wedding was a no brainer. My husband found Cherise, and I’m so grateful he did.... Read More Cherise was a joy to work with for so many reasons. She is a pro at what she does and made planning a destination wedding so much fun. She had great advice from A-Z, but always let us decide in the end what was best suited for us. She was very organized and always three step ahead of me! My wedding was literally “The Perfect Wedding” and my family and friends still talk about it. Everyone kept telling me it was the most beautiful and romantic wedding they had ever attended! Cherise has many years of experience in the wedding industry. She has developed such great relationships with other vendors in Maui, and they love working with her. My florist went above and beyond because of that relationship. We chose to not splurge on everything and anything, and I really appreciated that Cherise worked with our budget. I was able to have a beautiful wedding but not break the bank account that badly :) I trusted Cherise and our wedding was an absolute dream come true. My vision became a reality on my wedding day, and I have Cherise to thank for that. I was blown away when I saw how everything came together. She allowed me to be stress-free the entire day and this was because of Cherise’s laid back but also very organized approach. Cherise was a dream to work with, and I would recommend her services 100%

2016-03-16T23:54:33 Response from the vendor

And you were a dream to work with too Dana! I had soooo much fun planning with you. I even miss our chats! Thank you for choosing The Perfect Wedding.

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Tanya M

I had an amazing experience working with The Perfect Wedding Maui/ Cherise and I would highly recommend her to anyone thinking of planning a destination wedding in Maui! I am a little type A and an extremely detail-oriented perfectionist, so I had high expectations from our... Read More wedding coordinator. I needed someone very organized and who pays attention to the details as much as I do and whom I could fully trust to execute my vision for our wedding day. From the minute I began exchanging emails with Cherise to our first meeting, it was clear that she is one of the most organized individuals I have ever met. She had checklists for every detail. Throughout the year of planning, she was incredibly responsive to my COUNTLESS e-mails. Every little thing I asked her about was answered as if it were of the utmost importance. She never told me that it couldn't be done. She moved heaven and earth for us to get what we wanted. Cherise also suggested all of the best vendors. She would give us a short list of reliable and ABSOLUTELY AMAZING vendors to choose from and it was definitely easier to pick one from her list versus searching hundreds of them on my own. All of her recommendations were spot on for our budget and personal style and it truly showed on the day of the wedding. Speaking about the wedding - it was spectacular! Cherise really understood our vision and she nailed it! On the day of the wedding she was completely on top of everything and literally took care of EVERYTHING - I did not have to worry about any details, other than having fun! She was at the wedding the entire day and made sure everything went smoothly. She was everywhere helping in every department and she did a spectacular job! Every detail was executed the way I had envisioned it in my head or even better. Our wedding day was perfect, magical and went by way too fast! I can't say enough good things about Cherise. She made our dream day come true. She is a phenomenal wedding planner and coordinator and this review hardly does her justice. If we were to do it all over again, I would call Cherise again in a heartbeat. Thank you SO MUCH Cherise for executing our wedding and making it such an unforgettable day! You are truly THE BEST!!

2015-08-17T17:13:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you Tatyana! It was truly a pleasure to be chosen by you to share in the planning of your big day. I loved your beautiful vision and your enthusiasm and your attention to detail. And I loved how much FUN you and Aaron had... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/24/2015 Andrea H

We couldn’t have asked for anything more, our wedding was perfect! We are thrilled that we selected Cherise from The Perfect Wedding Maui as our wedding planner. She exceeded our expectations in every way and made planning a destination wedding feel easy and stress-free.... Read More Cherise was very organized and did an amazing job of providing fabulous recommendations on venue, officiants, caterers, DJs, musicians, entertainers and photographers. Everyone we worked with clearly loves Cherise and enjoys working with her at the weddings, she has amazing relationships with so many quality vendors on the island. She thoughtfully guided us through decisions based on what we wanted for our wedding and the experience for our guests. There isn’t a decision we would have changed and we have her to thank for that. Cherise prepared us for the day of the wedding by walking us through the timeline of events and set expectations for certain elements so we knew what to expect. She thought of details that hadn’t even crossed my mind and had a plan for everything. Cherise took all of our feedback and ideas and made them even better than we could have imagined. The day of the wedding Cherise was just the person I wanted to be there. She is always calm, collected and knows exactly what to say and do to keep things running smoothly. Everything went exactly as planned and we were able to thoroughly enjoy our wedding day with no stress or concerns. Our guests at the wedding mentioned that everything just seemed to happen and they are still raving about how magical the evening was. Cherise made that happen. Cherise was amazing, thoughtful and extremely organized. I would highly recommend The Perfect Wedding Maui to anyone looking for help planning a wedding on Maui. You definitely won’t regret it!

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Christine H

The best decision I made about my wedding was having Cherise plan it! Her reviews say it all. She is the most amazing person to work with and does an incredible job. My husband and I planned a destination wedding, so it was daunting for us to not know what the venue looked... Read More like or how the food tasted. However, Cherise went out of her way to make us feel comfortable and assured. She was easily accessible any time we had questions or concerns, and she was just on top of every detail! She made the planning process smooth, simple and easy for us, which is important since we work a lot. We even had friends asking us, "How are you so calm and relaxed when your wedding is next week?"..to which we answered "We have CHERISE!!" She is very detail oriented and organized. She knows what she is doing!! The day of the wedding went beyond perfectly! We were always on schedule and Cherise made it a point for us to enjoy our day and let her worry about everything else. That is exactly what happened! It was so stress free and everything went off without a hitch thanks to Cherise's coordination. Looking back, Cherise truly created a day we will never forget! We still talk about how perfect our wedding was and how Cherise made it all come together. Thank you so much for everything, Cherise! You are fantastic!

Worth her weight in gold!

Reviewed on 2/25/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Cherise and The Perfect Wedding. She is absolutely worth her weight in gold. Guests at our wedding started to refer to her as our wedding planner fairy! Probably because she would wave her magic wand and whatever we needed would happen. She... Read More was also so quiet and discreet, completing necessary tasks in the background, one might think she has powers of invisibility. Cherise has all the qualities anyone would want in a wedding planning. She is patient, gentle, organised, genuine and clearly sees your vision and helps you achieve it. Organising a wedding in Maui from Australia had the potential to be super stressful but instead Cherise made it the easiest thing in the world. Every time people asked me how the wedding plans were going I had no option but to smile and say 'Great. Everything's on track'. Cherise consistently replied to my MANY emails and kept on top of any deadlines that were approaching. All of the vendors Cherise organised for us were amazing. Every single person we came into contact with were so wonderful and professional. I have been involved in many friends weddings and can honestly say that none ran as smoothly as ours. Our wedding day was everything we hoped it would be and we know that is in large part to Cherise. We would recommend The Perfect Wedding and Cherise to anyone considering getting married on Maui. Thank you so much, Cherise. You are an absolute gem!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Caitlin H

I did my research before hiring a wedding planner, and I'm really glad I did. I work full time, live on the east coast, and naturally am a bit of a worrier. I wanted a perfect wedding, and I needed someone who was going to keep me on track, but who would do it with a sweet... Read More touch. I read all of the reviews of Cherise, and noticed that everyone said how sweet she is, calm, and plans stunning weddings. I seriously couldn't not have asked for anything more. About a year before our wedding I hired Cherise. She promptly called me and wanted to know what I wanted my wedding to be. She emailed me a list of items that fell into the 9 months, 6 months, 3 months, and sooner categories, so I wouldn't be overwhelmed with everything there was to do, but also so that we kept to a timeline. It took me a little while to get used to island time, where emails took a day or two to get a response. As the wedding approached I obviously started to get a little nervous, but that's when Cherise really hit her stride. She was juggling multiple weddings (which I only know because I saw pictures of other weddings on her website after our wedding was over), but I never felt that I wasn't getting the attention that I deserved. The days before the wedding she was basically "on call", walked us through the ceremony at our rehearsal, and was at Olowalu on our wedding day very early, and stayed until the end of the night. Cherise has great taste, and was able to turn my vision, which I sometimes couldn't even put into words, into reality. She guided me towards the best vendors, and I really couldn't have done it without her! I would recommend Cherise to family, friends, and anyone looking for a gorgeous, hawaiian wedding.

Perfect (no pun intended)

Reviewed on 12/17/2013 Bakker S

Cherise helped turn our dream into a reality. We highly recommend her. She made our destination wedding easy to manage and had our best interests in mind throughout the planning. We had done a good amount of research and had a good idea of what we wanted. Given it was a... Read More destination wedding; we knew that it would be wise to get a wedding coordinator. My wife and I conveyed our wants to Cherise and she consistently worked on finding the best possible solution. Cherise is very knowledgeable with the many vendors to choose from on the island and she has a great niche for working with your ideas and most importantly, your budget :) To top it off, she made sure to keep everyone including the wedding party and guests on schedule. Everyone gave us great feedback on her. Maholo Cherise!

Ying

Reviewed on 12/08/2013 Ying W

Cherise is extremely patient and nice. She worked very hard and always provided timely responses to my endless questions. She also gave me very good advice on everything and thought of all aspects that we could possibly forgot, but essential for the wedding. Because of her, I... Read More had a worry-free and fantastic wedding in Maui. I definitely recommend anyone, especially the couples who do not live in Hawaii, to work with Cherise for their special events. Thank you Cherise!

Cherise is Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 7/04/2013 Nicki S

Cherise is the most amazing wedding planner you could ever have! She is professional, responsive, such a lovely person, and she turned the vision I had in my head into the most beautiful wedding I could ever imagine. I was nervous planning a destination wedding without ever... Read More having been to Hawaii and not even visiting once during the planning process, but Cherise put all my worries to rest and helped make all my dreams a reality. I could not have done this without Cherise - thank you so much, we love you!

Cherise is the best

Reviewed on 1/21/2013 Shu Z

She helped with everything! Perfect wedding!

Cherise is a Dream!

Reviewed on 1/05/2013 Diana Lyn M

Cherise was an absolute dream to work with! Her demeanor is very calm and collected. I never once felt her stress over anything. We hired Cherise after firing our previous wedding planner and she was a joy from the beginning. I was freaking out because I was worried she already... Read More took on a wedding on our date, but come to find out, she doesn't take "special" dates. But since we had a bunch of vendors already booked for our 12-12-12 wedding, she graciously took on our wedding. I remember the day of the wedding being stress-free! I sat on the lanai getting my hair and makeup done watching everything come together, thanks to Cherise. She saw my vision perfectly. All I had to do was give her my stuff and tell her where they all went. I cannot say enough about Cherise. She was so great. My husband and I loved working with her and she really knows what she is doing. She was always quick to respond with emails, even setting up "vacation" notices when she would be away for a few days (which I greatly appreciated), and she was easily reachable by text/cell phone for emergencies--not that I had any! Even though I knew she was there on our wedding day working her butt off, I never once noticed her! She was like a ninja and I loved that! Not at all overbearing just so sweet and kind. Thank you, Cherise!

Excellent Eedding Coordinator

Reviewed on 11/18/2012 Stephanie F

Our wedding would not have been so perfect without Cherise! Hiring her was the first thing we did and was the best decision we made. She is a true professional and so knowledgeable about the wedding business on Maui. She has top notch vendors to choose from, but you can book... Read More your own if you like. She was helpful when we needed to be budget conscious. I never felt pressure from her to make decisions. You truly realize Cherise's value on the wedding day when everything goes off without a hitch. She went above and beyond for us. She is a great value as well. I highly recommend The Perfect Wedding!

Fantastic wedding coordinator!

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Melissa G

I was beyond impressed when with working with Cherise on planning our Maui wedding. I was nervous about planning a destination wedding and about having to coordinate so many details from a different state, but Cherise made the process seamless. She connected us with an awesome... Read More caterer that our guests raved about, and really seemed to capture the vision I wanted for our wedding day, down to the last detail. She was always prompt in responding to my countless emails, and even managed to schedule a tour of our wedding site for an impromptu planning visit in Maui on less than a week’s notice! What really impressed me about Cherise was the ease with which she coordinated our event the day of the wedding. I really was able to relax and just enjoy my day as Cherise took care of everything. Her calm presence and organization really allowed my husband and I to take in every moment of our time with family and friends, down to the last goodbye. I had so many guests comment on how awesome she was and how smoothly the entire wedding went. If you are thinking about planning a wedding in Maui, I cannot recommend Cherise enough!

AMAZING WEDDING PLANNER!!!

Reviewed on 2/18/2012 Aleessa E

I can't say enough amazing things about Cherise and the wonderful work she does! I considered myself a pretty laid back bride, actually the only vendor I spoke to personally and booked myself besides Cherise was our photographer Shawn Starr. Many of the reasons we decided on a... Read More destination wedding was to keep the stress out of the planning and so we were quite happy going with all Cherise’s vendor recommendations!I We planned our wedding for 8 months mainly through emails and I never waited more than a couple of days for a reply from Cherise. The times we did speak on the phone she was sweet and so lovely, I always knew we were in good hands!! The day before our wedding, Maui received the most amount of rain they had seen in years and a boat had washed up on the road closing the highway from Lahaina to Olowalu. After my mini heart attack, I called Cherise and she took care of re-scheduling our wedding license appointment and rehearsal until the highway re-opened. Cherise remained calm, rescheduled everything and spent extra time at our rehearsal going over weather back up plans and taking us through all the details for the big day. She is patient, calm and is absolutely beautiful on the inside and out! We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding and I could have not planned our wedding without her!! She is amazing and worth every penny!! I

Best decision we made in regards to our wedding

Reviewed on 2/12/2012 Tanya W

Cherise gets the highest score, because she was responsible for putting most of the team together. She would have to be the best decision we made with planning the wedding. She is incredibly lovely and easy to talk to. Her response time was quick and she was always there to... Read More answer any questions we had. My husband (still feels weird to say) did most of the planning with her and he cannot say enough nice things about her. I was not the bride who had envisioned her wedding day since she was little and thus Cherise walked us through all the steps and reminded us of all the details we hadn't thought of. She was never pushy, gave us a list of vendors to choose from and always worked with any ideas/decisions we threw at her. We had a few vendors cancel shortly before the wedding and she seamlessly replaced them with excellent vendors without worrying us. The day of she was sweet and funny and reassuring. She kept things running smoothly in the background. She is worth many times more than what she charges. She was AMAZING. Honestly, I could go on, but this post would just be way too long.

The Perfect Wedding Maui!

Reviewed on 12/04/2011 Robin W

Cherise from the perfect wedding maui was so helpful, i cant imagine not having her there! Cherise helped us make decisions about our wedding and we trusted her opinions! She has done lots of weddings and is able to help you make choices from thousands of miles away. We... Read More werent able to go to Maui to meet our vendors so Cherise was our go to for everything. She let us book our own vendors if we wanted to but also was able to recommend vendors she has worked with, it was good that we had choices and could do our own research along with her recommendations. On the day of the wedding i was able to just relax and know that everything was getting done because Cherise was there to ensure our vision came to life! Cherise is such a nice person and I highly recommend her!

Cherise is THE BEST!!

Reviewed on 5/23/2011 Jarett F

5 stars aren't enough for Cherise with The Perfect Wedding Maui - she is seriously a wedding planning rock star! Cherise is so sweet, so organized, so helpful, so calm - basically she's amazing. I was a very unorganized bride and Cherise never seemed stressed or annoyed or... Read More irritated with me, she was always encouraging that everything was fine; she gave me multiple options for anything I was unsure about; she made suggestions or had ideas about wedding touches I hadn't thought about that made our day so beautiful. Besides her amazing demeanor Cherise is so affordable it almost seems unfair to her - the amount of work she does is incredible and she always responded within 24 hours to my numerous numerous e-mails. Additionally, Cherise provides you with a spreadsheet that breaks down your costs so you know where all of your money is going - the spreadsheet is editable so you can play with numbers to see what you can and can't afford. I honestly feel like there aren't enough ways to say what a wonderful experience I had working with Cherise - by the end of the wedding planning process she wasn't a planner, she was a friend, and if you hire her it will be the best wedding decision you make!

Couldn't have asked for a better planner!

Reviewed on 4/21/2011 Shelley B

My husband and I hired Cherise for our beach wedding for just the two of us. She made planning our wedding from so far away easy and fun. Her prices were very reasonable, and I appreciated her timely communications. I also appreciated the quality of the other vendors she... Read More recommended to help us plan. Cherise is such a sweet person also, and made us feel like she was genuinely honored to be a witness to our wedding. Our photographer even commented on how great Cherise was with which to work. Our day could not have been more perfect, and we owe a big part of that to Cherise at The Perfect Wedding Maui.

Start a Conversation!