The Ultimate Wedding Band!

Troy Marks and No Idea is the ultimate wedding band, bringing great music to your special day. Together since 1994, the band plays over 50 weddings a year and is a seasoned, professional group, offering a dynamic range of popular hits from numerous eras.

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Vocals

Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Music

Serving the South (504) 469-4002

THE MOST AMAZING NIGHT!!!!

Reviewed on 2/04/2014 Frances G

I just wanted to THANK YOU SO MUCH for playing for Kurt & I's wedding 01/18/14 @ City Park Arbor Room. It was such an incredible night for us!!! I first heard you play at my cousin's wedding 6 yrs ago, then again at St. Charles Borromeo school fair this year, and my friends... Read More wedding in September... I knew as soon as we got engaged I wanted to book yall to play for our wedding. And it was the best decision ever!!! You guys are amazing and can master any and every song you played!!!! My guest couldn't stop talking about how awesome you guys were. I've never seen a wedding with the dance floor packed the entire night. From the oldest guest to the youngest, everyone rocked the dance floor. Thanks again for making our wedding night perfect and an incredible memory to cherish forever! An even bigger thank you for being so easy to work with and wonderful from the very beginning.

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Alana W

Troy and No Idea were fantastic! We did not leave the dance floor and everyone had a blast! My husband did not want a band but afterwards said he was so glad that we had No Idea. They were so easy to work with and learned the song I wanted for our first dance. They listened to... Read More all of our requests and played everything we asked! Top Notch and the best wedding band in NOLA! You cannot go wrong with Troy Marks and No Idea!

Fun, engaging band

Reviewed on 12/23/2013 Anna G

No Idea played at our reception and we really liked them. The groom and myself had never heard them play before - we booked them solely based on recommendations from people we knew, but we are glad we did. It was important to us that we not only got to talk to our guests and... Read More thank them for coming, but that we also got to dance and enjoy the reception. We definitely got to do that! We had a smaller wedding (~130) and I was a little worried with a smaller crowd people would be more hesitant to dance. No Idea got everyone dancing and kept them dancing throughout the night. Enjoyed working with them!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Marcel D

Awesome! Definitely listen to your likes/dislikes for song choices. They even learned a song for us, and it sounded great! Very fun band!

2017-04-19T22:51:44 Response from the vendor

Marcel and Lesli, Thank you so much for the positive review. We had a great time playing for you guys! It was a blast! Troy Marks and No Idea

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Hannah G

GREAT BAND Hired for my daughters wedding Extended playlist Dance floor remained full Guests with numerous compliments Had 2 professional DJs that said how good they were and that most bands get stagnant but they didn't Had a hiccup that was totally my fault They handled it so... Read More professionally and were very understanding Easy to reach and work with Highly reccomend

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Rebecca S

Troy was so easy to work with! Definitely our favorite and most reliable vendor out of the bunch. We had the pianist play for the ceremony and he did a great job. The No Idea band kept everyone of all ages dancing at the reception all night. Definitely a 5 star band and... Read More experience!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Kelly P

This band was awesome!! They were so easy to work with and had a great set list! They were super accommodating with all of our requests and everyone had a great time!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Savannah T

I can't tell you how many complements I received after my wedding for how amazing NO IDEA was! Troy and his team were so easy to work with and they played songs that made all generations want to get up and dance from Old School to today's most popular hits. I didn't want to... Read More leave the dance floor the entire night! Great entertainment is a huge part of a wedding reception and No Idea sets the bar very high for an unforgettable night.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Lisa G

Troy Marks and the No Idea band were a great choice for our wedding band! Easy to work with and knows exactly how to get the crowd up and on the dance floor! We would highly recommended them!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Sarah S

stayed on the dance floor the entire night! We received compliments from everyone on how awesome the band was. We just can't find another band that compares to No Idea! thanks for the memories!!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Alyssa R

My husband and I just recently got married on June 11, 2016 and we couldn't have picked a better band for our big day. They played a variety of songs and the dance floor was never empty during our 4 hour reception. My husband and I love to dance and my husband had a list of... Read More certain songs he wanted to be played during their breaks and they played them with no questions asked. So many people have made comments that our wedding was the most fun they had ever been to. They were a huge reason for this and we recommend them to all brides!

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Amanda H

I booked No Idea for the band at my wedding and I couldn't have made a better choice. They were wonderful and really got the crowd going. Everyone had such a good time at my reception and I know No Idea played a big role in that. I would recommend this band to everyone I know... Read More for weddings, parties, Mardi Gras balls, etc. No Idea is the best choice.

So Much Fun!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Katelyn P

Choosing a band was not easy for me -- music isn't one of my main interests. I went off the the list provided by my reception venue without any real knowledge of selecting a band. Trying to just determine who was available and how much it would cost, I called and spoke to Troy... Read More Marks after looking at their website. He quoted me a price that was $1500 lower than any other band (because we had an afternoon reception), we went with them. No Idea turned out to be absolutely incredible. They made our reception so much fun and played a great mix of music. I am confident that they are the reason so many of my wedding guests told me it was the best wedding they had attended.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Hayden M

Great Band. Had the entire wedding party up and dancing all night long. I had nothing to go on except online music samples and reviews. Very entertaining and affordable. We couldn't have been happier. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Jessica P

The first item to be booked for my wedding! There is no other option! Could not have been happier with my reception and the great performance Troy Marks and No Idea had at my wedding. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katie M

We had the time of our lives at our wedding! This band knows how to make the party happen! So many wonderful, personalized touches and entertainment made our event so memorable to all of our guests!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Jeannie D

The best. The dance floor was never empty. People still talking about how much it was and how good the band was. Very affordable and the best thing is they aren't too big so they don't overwhelm the venue. Highly highly recommended. Troy very easy to work with. LOVE.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Katie M

Troy and No Idea did a fantastic job at not one but five of our family parties and weddings! We hire them over and over. They are always so much fun!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Lauren D

My husband and I HIGHLY recommend Troy Marks & No Idea. They are very reasonably priced and put on an amazing performance! The dance floor was NEVER empty during our 4 hour reception. Our wedding was 5 months ago and many of our guests are still talking about how awesome our... Read More band was.

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

Troy Marks and No Idea were amazing! We received so many compliments on them! They made the reception extra special and we were so glad we chose them!! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Brooke T

My husband and I lovedddddddd No idea!!!! Best decision ever made. Everyone was on the dance floor all night!!!! We could not have asked for a better band! We loved you guys! Thank you so much for making our special day one that we will never forget! Thanks for keeping the party... Read More going!!! Love, Chris and Brooke

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Alison K

Love this band! The guests had a blast and loved the band as well! Lots of positive feedback from the guests at my wedding.

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Emily M

Troy Marks and the No Idea Band were AWESOME! They truly made our wedding a hit! The two things my husband and I really cared about for our wedding was a great band and a good open bar -- Troy and No Idea could not have been better!! They played the best mix of songs that kept... Read More our ENTIRE wedding on their feet and dancing the whole time. I can't even begin to count the number of people that came up to us afterwards and said they were the best wedding band they'd ever heard. Having a Jewish/West Virginia wedding we had some special request for the Hora and a rousing sing-a-long to Country Roads, and they made it perfect! Everyone was really sore the next day from 4 hours of dancing, which was exactly what our goal was! If you want a great party, hire this band!!

Hands down, best wedding band...ever!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Kamryn Y

"Picking the band" was pretty much the one wedding task my husband really had a strong opinion about, so when it came time to pick the band, he interviewed and listened to samples from a number of bands before selecting Troy Marks. We had never heard them in person (we are from... Read More Los Angeles) so we were a bit nervous to see how it would all play out, since in our opinion, the wedding band determines how much fun the party is, but Troy Marks and the No Idea band did not disappoint! They were amazing! Our guests had the best time and our dance floor was packed the entire time- if the band could have kept playing until 3AM, our wedding guests would have been there...dancing! We got so many compliments on how great they were and I can't even tell you how many people told us that Troy and the No Idea Band were easily the best wedding band they had ever heard. I highly recommend using Troy Marks and the No Idea Band!

Wow. Just wow.

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Amanda G

Hiring a band, especially considering we don't live in New Orleans, was sort of our "wild card" vendor. We had never heard them perform live and all of our business was conducted via email so we were obviously a bit anxious. However, there was ZERO reason for concern, because... Read More they were one of the best choices we made for our entire wedding! We gave No Idea an idea of which songs to play, but we also have them free reign to play intuitively based on what the crowd seemed to like...they even allowed the groom (guitar) and matron of honor (bass) to play a song, as well as letting some of our cousins rap to the Humpty Dance. They were SO accommodating and energetic. Don't hesitate. They're fun, friendly, & amazing performers...all of our guests were still talking about it the next morning!!!

Troy Marks

Troy Marks and No Idea is the ultimate wedding band, bringing great music to your special day. Together since 1994, the band plays over 50 wedding shows a year and is a seasoned, professional group, offering a dynamic range of popular hits from numerous eras.