The Ultimate Wedding Band!

Troy Marks and No Idea is the ultimate wedding band, bringing great music to your special day. Together since 1994, the band plays over 50 weddings a year and is a seasoned, professional group, offering a dynamic range of popular hits from numerous eras.

Instruments

Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

Serving the South (504) 469-4002

THE MOST AMAZING NIGHT!!!!

Reviewed on 2/04/2014 Frances G

I just wanted to THANK YOU SO MUCH for playing for Kurt & I's wedding 01/18/14 @ City Park Arbor Room. It was such an incredible night for us!!! I first heard you play at my cousin's wedding 6 yrs ago, then again at St. Charles Borromeo school fair this year, and my friends... Read More wedding in September... I knew as soon as we got engaged I wanted to book yall to play for our wedding. And it was the best decision ever!!! You guys are amazing and can master any and every song you played!!!! My guest couldn't stop talking about how awesome you guys were. I've never seen a wedding with the dance floor packed the entire night. From the oldest guest to the youngest, everyone rocked the dance floor. Thanks again for making our wedding night perfect and an incredible memory to cherish forever! An even bigger thank you for being so easy to work with and wonderful from the very beginning.

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Alana W

Troy and No Idea were fantastic! We did not leave the dance floor and everyone had a blast! My husband did not want a band but afterwards said he was so glad that we had No Idea. They were so easy to work with and learned the song I wanted for our first dance. They listened to... Read More all of our requests and played everything we asked! Top Notch and the best wedding band in NOLA! You cannot go wrong with Troy Marks and No Idea!

Fun, engaging band

Reviewed on 12/23/2013 Anna G

No Idea played at our reception and we really liked them. The groom and myself had never heard them play before - we booked them solely based on recommendations from people we knew, but we are glad we did. It was important to us that we not only got to talk to our guests and... Read More thank them for coming, but that we also got to dance and enjoy the reception. We definitely got to do that! We had a smaller wedding (~130) and I was a little worried with a smaller crowd people would be more hesitant to dance. No Idea got everyone dancing and kept them dancing throughout the night. Enjoyed working with them!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Kat H

Troy Marks and No Idea Band played at our wedding two weeks ago and were absolutely amazing! More than half of our guests (including us) were on the dance floor the entire night. Troy also allowed my husband and his high school band to surprise me by getting up on stage and... Read More playing a song! It was hands down the best night of our lives and we couldn't be happier with Troy Marks and No Idea! We highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Linnie F

I agress with the reviews that the band is great for a wedding. I called Troy Marks 90 days prior to my daughter's wedding to tell him that my husband was just diagnosed with cancer and the wedding will be in the middle of his radiation treatment. His tone went quite... Read More differenct from the time I booked him. He was very insensitive to the situation and said he would still like for me to pay him the entire balance even though he would not be performing. As it turned out he booked another gig for that date and when I contacted him to ask for the return of my $1000 deposit he refused even though he had a 90 day notice. There are a lot of bands in New Orleans that are just as good or better than No Idea. I would not recommend anyone hiring them for an event.

2017-11-01T21:43:01 Response from the vendor

Hello. I am truly sorry that things worked out the way they did. If you felt I was insensitive to your situation, I am sorry. It was not my intention. We have been a band for 24 years and pride ourselves on making people happy.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Amy M

Troy and No Idea were amazing! We had such a great time and everyone was on the dance floor! I had several guests from out of town that were so impressed with them and made a point to tell me. They were also very easy to work with throughout my wedding planning process. I... Read More definitely recommend Troy and No Idea!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Lauren S

No Idea band was fantastic! We hired them for our July wedding. They played all of our requests and seemed to feed off of how the crowd was responding. Everyone is still raving to us about how fun the band was! They're reasonably priced and Troy was super easy to work with. I... Read More would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an unforgettable wedding band!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Christie E

Troy Marks and No Idea played at our wedding in June, and they were amazing! Troy was so easy to work with throughout the entire planning process! They made our wedding night so much fun! By far, one of the best bands around!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Michael Z

Troy and the band played our daughter's wedding last Saturday night at the Southern Hotel in Covington. They were incredible! The energy had the dance floor filled the entire night. Everyone from 4 year old twin boys to 80+ year old grandparents (and one Brother from St. Paul's)... Read More were on the floor having a ball. Highly recommend Troy Marks and No Idea for any of your band needs! THANK YOU Troy!!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Erika M

I just had this band play at my wedding this past Saturday and they were amazing!!! We got married at Destrehan Plantation's Mule Barn, and I didn't leave the dance floor. They played non stop great songs and really listened to any special requests from the bride and groom,... Read More which was greatly appreciated. I couldn't have been happier! They were so fun and energetic that the entire dance floor stayed packed the whole night. I would absolutely recommend them to any future bride and groom, you won't be disappointed!!

2017-05-16T23:06:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! :)

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Jill D

From beginning to end, perfect! Troy was amazing to work with. He made everything so easy for us and allowed us to just enjoy our engagement instead of stressing over every detail. The day of the wedding this band was a hit!! No one left the dance floor. You honestly could not... Read More pull us away for a picture. From our first dance to the second line at the end of the night... So much fun!! On top of all of that, Troy and his band are just the kindest, happiest group of people. We loved having the chance to talk with them. Every member was so sweet. Search no further, you've found your wedding band.

2017-05-16T23:06:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! :) Troy

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Marcel D

Awesome! Definitely listen to your likes/dislikes for song choices. They even learned a song for us, and it sounded great! Very fun band!

2017-04-19T22:51:44 Response from the vendor

Marcel and Lesli, Thank you so much for the positive review. We had a great time playing for you guys! It was a blast! Troy Marks and No Idea

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Hannah G

GREAT BAND Hired for my daughters wedding Extended playlist Dance floor remained full Guests with numerous compliments Had 2 professional DJs that said how good they were and that most bands get stagnant but they didn't Had a hiccup that was totally my fault They handled it so... Read More professionally and were very understanding Easy to reach and work with Highly reccomend

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Rebecca S

Troy was so easy to work with! Definitely our favorite and most reliable vendor out of the bunch. We had the pianist play for the ceremony and he did a great job. The No Idea band kept everyone of all ages dancing at the reception all night. Definitely a 5 star band and... Read More experience!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Kelly P

This band was awesome!! They were so easy to work with and had a great set list! They were super accommodating with all of our requests and everyone had a great time!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Savannah T

I can't tell you how many complements I received after my wedding for how amazing NO IDEA was! Troy and his team were so easy to work with and they played songs that made all generations want to get up and dance from Old School to today's most popular hits. I didn't want to... Read More leave the dance floor the entire night! Great entertainment is a huge part of a wedding reception and No Idea sets the bar very high for an unforgettable night.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Lisa G

Troy Marks and the No Idea band were a great choice for our wedding band! Easy to work with and knows exactly how to get the crowd up and on the dance floor! We would highly recommended them!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Sarah S

stayed on the dance floor the entire night! We received compliments from everyone on how awesome the band was. We just can't find another band that compares to No Idea! thanks for the memories!!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Alyssa R

My husband and I just recently got married on June 11, 2016 and we couldn't have picked a better band for our big day. They played a variety of songs and the dance floor was never empty during our 4 hour reception. My husband and I love to dance and my husband had a list of... Read More certain songs he wanted to be played during their breaks and they played them with no questions asked. So many people have made comments that our wedding was the most fun they had ever been to. They were a huge reason for this and we recommend them to all brides!

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Amanda H

I booked No Idea for the band at my wedding and I couldn't have made a better choice. They were wonderful and really got the crowd going. Everyone had such a good time at my reception and I know No Idea played a big role in that. I would recommend this band to everyone I know... Read More for weddings, parties, Mardi Gras balls, etc. No Idea is the best choice.

So Much Fun!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Katelyn P

Choosing a band was not easy for me -- music isn't one of my main interests. I went off the the list provided by my reception venue without any real knowledge of selecting a band. Trying to just determine who was available and how much it would cost, I called and spoke to Troy... Read More Marks after looking at their website. He quoted me a price that was $1500 lower than any other band (because we had an afternoon reception), we went with them. No Idea turned out to be absolutely incredible. They made our reception so much fun and played a great mix of music. I am confident that they are the reason so many of my wedding guests told me it was the best wedding they had attended.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Hayden M

Great Band. Had the entire wedding party up and dancing all night long. I had nothing to go on except online music samples and reviews. Very entertaining and affordable. We couldn't have been happier. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Jessica P

The first item to be booked for my wedding! There is no other option! Could not have been happier with my reception and the great performance Troy Marks and No Idea had at my wedding. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katie M

We had the time of our lives at our wedding! This band knows how to make the party happen! So many wonderful, personalized touches and entertainment made our event so memorable to all of our guests!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Jeannie D

The best. The dance floor was never empty. People still talking about how much it was and how good the band was. Very affordable and the best thing is they aren't too big so they don't overwhelm the venue. Highly highly recommended. Troy very easy to work with. LOVE.

Troy Marks

Troy Marks and No Idea is the ultimate wedding band, bringing great music to your special day. Together since 1994, the band plays over 50 wedding shows a year and is a seasoned, professional group, offering a dynamic range of popular hits from numerous eras.