W.K. Kellogg Manor House

Hickory Corners, MI

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Weddings at the W.K. Kellogg Manor House in Hickory Corners, Michigan, include all of the amenities and features that discerning couples want for their celebration. Situated on the edge of beautiful Gull Lake, the W.K. Kellogg Manor House is uniquely suited for both indoor and outdoor events. Choose the venue that fits your ceremony and reception style and allow the events staff to assist with every detail.

On the Lawn. The sprawling lawn of the estate is an ideal spot for ceremonies and receptions. Surrounded by pristine gardens, the lawn will accommodate up to 200 guests. Tenting is available on the lawn.

Outdoor Pagoda. Overlooking Gull Lake, the pagoda is a permanent structure in this ceremony site. This outdoor site will also accommodate up to 200 guests.

The Manor House. The main floor of the Manor House is available for smaller indoor gatherings, suitable for both ceremonies and receptions. A grand staircase inside the manor is ideal for the bride’s processional. This venue is large enough to accommodate up to 100 guests.

With full event planning as a specialty of the events team at the W.K. Kellogg Manor House, the staff is eager to step in and assume responsibility for every wedding detail. The coordinators help with everything from choosing your venue space to designing your layout to selecting your reception menu.

Every event is three hours long. The wedding party also has use of private bedrooms in the manor to prepare for the event. The venue provides 150 chairs at either ceremony site and set-up is included with rental. The team sets tables with linens and chiavari chairs. The tables are also set with upscale tableware. If your guest list for an outdoor event exceeds 150, you can arrange to have an additional 50 chairs provided and set up for an additional rental fee. Banquet attendants in formal uniforms serve guests and cake cutting is also provided.

A culinary team consults extensively with you to help you plan your reception meal. You also receive a complimentary tasting to help you choose your menu items. The chef prepares meals with a focus on local ingredients and the team happily accommodate special dietary requirements and requests. You have your choice of a plated dinner or a themed buffet. The cocktail reception includes butler-passed hors d’oeuvres.

The venue provides beverage service featuring a variety of packages. Choose from a hosted bar with beer and wine, house spirits or premium spirits. Consumption and cash bars are also available.

A wedding rehearsal is included with every package. If bad weather threatens, you can move your outdoor event to the Manor House if your guest list is under 100.

The team welcomes your special requests and some amenities are available to enhance your package.

• Serve beverage displays such as fruit infused water, champagne or custom signature cocktails
  • Plan your rehearsal dinner at the Manor House

A unique and unforgettable venue

Making your wedding day an experience like no other, the W.K. Kellogg Manor House and Gardens is a unique venue that will lend to creating a wedding of your dreams. Helping you to create the perfect day, our staff and grounds are of the highest quality. Your friends will be impressed by your choice.

• Outdoor - Covered

Waterfront, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

3700 East Gull Lake Dr, Hickory Corners, MI (269) 671-2160

More than I imagined!!!

Reviewed on 12/20/2013 Autumn S

My wedding at the Kellogg Manor house was wonderful!!! Everything from meeting with the coordinator Nicole and planning the event to the day after the wedding when we checked out of the carriage house apartment! On the day of my wedding I truly felt like royalty!!! Nicole and... Read More all of the attendants we so very accomodating and Nicole has a beautifully energetic yet laid back personality which made me feel at ease through the entire wedding planning process! She knows her stuff!!! I was so impressed when she was telling me of several ways to keep costs down and short cuts to make it easier on myself and my soon to be (now) husband :) On the day of my wedding the wrong song began to play as my bridesmaids were starting to walk down the steps towards the lake. I looked over at Nicole with a panicked expression I'm sure and she without a pause waved and snapped her hand signaling the D.J. to stop at once! He went back to the previous song (which was the right song) and the processional continued. Had it not been for Nicole's quick reaction, I probably would've been in tears! I also like how she was at the reception if I needed her but wasn't right there watching every little thing; she gave us our space which I appreciated :) It was amazing....every little detail! I can't thank Nicole or the Manor House staff enough for making our day so very special! If I can to do it all over again....I wouldn't change a thing!!!

Very Pleased

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Jennie R

Very pleased with the Manor. Melissa was great to work with. She handeled everything so confidence and made my life very easy which I appreciated

Beautiful ceremony venue choice

Reviewed on 10/07/2012 Sarah D

So glad we went with the Kellogg manor house. This venue is absolutely gorgeous overlooking Gull Lake. Melissa was fabulous making site everything ran smoothly! Wonderful!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Beth C

The Kellogg Manor house did an excellent job hosting our wedding reception. Everyone had wonderful things to say and they did an excellent job meeting our expectations. We did have some confusion with specific meals related to allergies when dinner was served but other than... Read More that the night went off pretty perfect.

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Kristen C

I hesitate to recommend the Kellogg Manor because I love what a hidden gem it is. Our wedding was everything I could have hoped for and more! The Kellogg Manor has everything- a lakeside ceremony site, beautiful gardens, and a historic manor house that is stately without being... Read More stuffy. It was truly the most beautiful day I could have imagined. I also can't say enough about the staff. When they say they do the coordination for you, they mean it! I was shocked, considering they didn't charge any extra. I brought in all of my decor the night before along with tons of notes and pictures showing where everything should go, and Dana organized everything and made sure it was right where I wanted it the next day. This turned out to be the biggest benefit of The Kellogg Manor. It took the pressure off my family so they could enjoy the day without having to worry about setup, and I could relax knowing that it was all handled. Dana even brought plates of appetizers up to the dressing rooms while we were preparing for our grand entrances! The staff also treated everyone with warmth and kindness. I felt like they were excited for our special day, which made me feel at home and happy to be treating my friends and family to an event there. Nicole and Dana were always quick to respond to emails, and coordinated with the chef to make sure every question and concern was attended to. The food was very good, although I do wish they had saved the leftovers for us (I was definitely hungry again by the end of the night!) I also feel great recommending the Kellogg Manor knowing that it is a historic site that has a lot of involvement in the community. In addition to the educational events they offer, I also love that I can go back to visit for various special brunches, teas, and a Christmas craft shop. All in all, I am so happy to have made the Kellogg Manor such an important part of my life.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Sarah L

The Manor House was everything I could have dreamed of for a ceremony venue. Dana was great to work with and had everything running smoothly. Even though it was a little cloudy, the house and lake were a beautiful back drop for our wedding.

Excellent Venue for Ceremony

Reviewed on 9/05/2014 Megan G

We used the W.K. Kellogg Manor House for our wedding ceremony and they were FANTASTIC! I had a lot of issues with other venue sites while we were in the process of finding a place to get married, but with the Kellogg Manor House, we had a great feeling and experience from the... Read More start. We met with Nicole Kokx and her assistant showed us around the property and every person we met was friendly and excited about weddings. We booked that day and it was very reasonable deposit and site rental fee. Very easy to work with and the day of our wedding they did everything in their power to make it run smooth and be a perfect day. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful site for our ceremony, getting married outside by the lake was perfect. They also had a backup plan for us if it ended up raining that day. Lucky for us, it was a gorgeous day and we didn't have to worry about it. I would highly recommend them for a ceremony site. We didn't use them for our reception, but I think it would be an excellent place for that as well. If you are looking for a fairy tale setting, this is your place.

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Lindsay S

After searching high and low my then fiancé and I found the perfect venue for our ceremony and reception. We used their pagoda garden with beautiful Gull Lake as the backdrop for our ceremony. Our reception was in the manor house and out on the patio. Their garden and grounds... Read More make it unnecessary to bring a lot of your own flowers. I still have people remarking to me how pretty the setting was and how great the food was. The chef took all of our suggestions in stride and gave us a fabulous menu. Can't recommend them enough!

More than we could have hoped for!

Reviewed on 9/28/2012 lauren w

We found the Kellogg Manor house after striking out on tons of different venues on lakes in Michigan. My fiance actually found them online and showed me the website and it was EXACTLY what I wanted for our wedding. From the minute I went to visit the property, I knew it would be... Read More the most beautiful place for an outdoor ceremony and reception. Nicole was our wedding coordinator there and she was very helpful from the start. There are multiple options on their property for ceremony and reception sites and it really felt like it was customized for our needs. Kellogg Manor did the food for our cocktail hour of the reception and I got rave reviews on this as well from our guests. They loved being able to tour the house during the cocktail hour and learn about its history. I highly recommend them to anyone that is looking for a wedding venue!