Young Love & The Thrills Bring It To Another Level

This band will make your wedding reception a wedding party!!! Top tier musicianship and powerhouse vocals are only the beginning… The creativity and talent that Young Love & The Thrills bring to their show and to their renditions of songs is unparalleled.

Instruments

Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboard, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trumpet, Vocals

Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Sound Equipment

Serving All New England (917) 667-1596

When your vendors get excited about the band, you know they're something special!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Young Love and the Thrills is the best wedding band we—and many of our guests—have ever heard. In fact, we changed our original wedding date in order to book them, which was quite possibly the best wedding-related decision we made. Before our wedding, our photographer got... Read More visibly excited when we told her YLATT was our band, and our venue coordinator told us that the entire wait and kitchen staff (who had seen them play previous weddings) had been stoked all week to see the band again—so much so that one cook, who was on his day off, asked to be Skyped in when the band played his favorite songs! When you hear such high praise coming from seasoned wedding vendors, you know you’re in for something special. Young Love and the Thrills did not disappoint--and even managed to exceed our already incredibly high expectations. After the band’s wonderfully energetic MC declared the party started, the dance floor was packed through the very last song. Our guests are still telling us about how amazing the music was and how much fun they had that night. Andy was a real pleasure to work with and a consummate professional, working with us to make sure the music reflected our tastes and personalities and happily accommodating our requests. The band nailed each of our three song requests, and even surprised us by working our names into one of our favorite dance songs! Outstanding band, fantastic people. We can’t recommend them highly enough!

All around fantastic

Reviewed on 1/15/2014 Jillian M

We got married last summer & were extremely happy with this band. During the planning process they were attentive, responsive & very accommodating with our questions and requests. They learned 2 new songs for us & helped us to outline our music for the evening. They were... Read More available both by email & phone. Prior to the reception, Shannon double checked that she had the order & names of the wedding party correct, prior to announcing them. She was very organized & sensitive to our timings. The band played a soft but upbeat variety of music during speeches & dinner. It was very appropriate for all audiences & allowed people to still enjoy conversation. After dinner is when the party really got started. The variety of music (both old favorites & new pop songs) kept the crowd entertained and on the dance floor all night. The band even tailored one of the songs to include our names – it was very fun. Overall, the biggest compliment that we get from people on our wedding was the music. Our guests had such a great time & it made for a very memorable evening. I recommend this band to friends who are getting married in the future – we were 100% pleased with them.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

YLATT was the most exceptional addition to our wedding. From their professionalism to the ease with which they coordinated the planning process, it was a pleasure working with Andy and the entire band. They were by far the most pleasant, enjoyable and easy to work with vendors I... Read More encountered. After ensuring a relaxed smooth jazz vibe for cocktail hour, they had everyone on the dance floor before the salad course was served. Seamless transitions were made from Frank Sinatra to Childish Gambino, a feat I could not have predicted or loved more. Nearly every guest has commented on how fantastic YLATT was and by the end of the night, they were out of business cards as all our friends have already poached them for their own weddings. My single greatest regret is not bringing them on our honeymoon for a week's worth of fantastic live music. They know how to feel out a crowd, are entertaining, professional and beyond fun, so if your friends like to dance, this is the ONLY band you need to consider.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Liz M

I cannot recommend YLATT enough. They absolutely made our wedding. Everyone, young and old, was on the dance floor all night, and we are still hearing complements! Andy, our point of contact, was just fantastic. From the time we first engaged the band all the way up until the... Read More end of the evening, he was right there with us making sure ours needs were met. Our event planner and other vendors really enjoyed working with them too! I must admit, I was a bit skeptical of all the 5-star reviews, but I am here to tell you that each and every star is well-deserved. They are talented, creative, and amazingly easy to work with. If you are looking for a professional, energetic band with an eclectic repertoire that cares about making your night one to remember, look no further! Book YLATT. You'll be glad you did.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Heather J

Young Love & The Thrills did an absolutely incredible job performing at our wedding. By far the most frequent comments we received afterwards were related to how great the band performed. The musicians are amazing (we would strongly recommend a horn(s)), but there are two... Read More elements to Andy and the band that we feel really differentiate them from the pack. First, they do a tremendous job at reading and connecting to the crowd. Whether it’s the singer coming out onto the dance floor, understanding when to play what or managing sound levels, they just do a remarkable job at creating an experience that leaves everyone asking “who was that band?” Secondly, and perhaps most important, for those of you planning a wedding, unexpected hiccups will invariably arise as your wedding day approaches. I can tell you first hand that having someone like Andy to walk you through everything and to remain flexible is a HUGE benefit. He made us feel comfortable throughout the process and we made some last minute requests that he was able to fulfill. For those of you in the planning process, I can’t emphasize enough how much of a benefit this is – you want a good communicator and someone that cares as much as you do about your wedding. So ultimately, if you go with Young Love & The Thrills, you’re getting a band that sounds amazing, will ensure your guests have a memorable experience and will help ensure everything goes smoothly. You can’t ask for more from a band on your wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Dan G

Young Love and the Thrills absolutely made our wedding celebration. Our guests couldn't stop dancing, and then during and after the party couldn't stop talking about how incredible the band was. Multiple people - myself included - felt like they were at a live concert. In... Read More addition to just being completely astounding musically, Andy and the band were great to work with, thorough and professional from start to finish. The only downside: all future wedding bands will pale in comparison.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Kaitlin G

BEST DECISION OF OUR DAY! We spent hours pouring over wedding bands before booking bc we strongly felt the music makes the night. From the get-go Andy was extremely responsive, insightful and helpful. We added the horns and we highly recommend- they just took the band that extra... Read More step that wow'ed every one of our guests. We got married in July and all of our family and friends are still commenting about how fantastic they were. From "Despacito" to Africa they didnt miss a beat and ALL guests were on the dance floor. IN fact, halfway through the wedding I asked them to stay an extra half an hour bc everyone was having so much fun! At the last minute I mentioned to Andy one of my cousins MAY want to sing "Bust a Move" during a break and not only did he play it, but the ENTIRE band got up and backed him up-it was incredible and just further proves their talent. With all the stress and decisions that go along with planning a wedding Andy and his team delivered a flawless performance. I wish we could get married again JUST for them, it felt like a private concert! We already recommended them to another couple getting married at our same venue, jealous of what they have to come! Thanks YLATT for an amazing evening we will never forget.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Sheridan M

At our wedding, one of our guests came up to us and said, “I didn’t realize John Legend would be singing tonight!” Young Love and the Thrills was the HIGHLIGHT of our wedding! Andy was our point of contact throughout the process: He was professional, accommodating,... Read More communicative, accessible, organized, and beyond helpful. The band was lively, talented, energetic, fun. At one point, five members were singing at the same time! Young Love and the Thrills blew all of the other bands we looked like out of the water. Their online media and videos are true to life, and their song list is varied and full of songs for everyone. YLATT does a great job of highlighting your favorite songs and skipping those that aren’t. The band learned TWO songs specifically for us and carefully reviewed the names of the bridal party and our family. We had standing room only on the dance floor all night, and the band did a great job of playing popular songs for the older set and varying with more recent hits as the night went on. The members of YLATT are ridiculously talented, and they played a hugely wide variety of music that appeals to all audiences. All of these reviews are accurate—people came up to us all night and long after the wedding to ask about the band. We’ve already recommended them for two weddings! Young Love and the Thrills was the best decision of our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 megan p

BEST.WEDDING.BAND.EVER. I cannot even tell you how happy we were to book LYATT for our wedding. We live in California and were getting married in Maine, so were a little nervous about booking a wedding band we had never seen play live. Let this review be a push to BOOK THEM. I... Read More promise you, you will not be disappointed. And pro tip: add the horns. Our guests are still talking about how amazing LYATT were 6 weeks after the wedding. Andy and the team made each step of the process so easy for us, and made the night so much fun -- from the Hora, to the last song, everything was perfect. My only regret is that I don't live in Boston so I can't see them play live more often.

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Nancy S

"What is the best band you've ever had play here?" I asked our wedding planner, Meghan Buck at Grace Restaurant in Portland, Maine. "Young Love and the Thrills without a doubt" was her response . And with that I began an email thread with Andy Wesby, the keyboardist and... Read More manage, to find out if the band was available for our daughter's wedding. We booked the restaurant based on the band's availability. and it turned out to be a fabulous decision. We traveled to Boston to check them out after visiting their website and finding out they were playing at the Burren in Somerville. We had a great time dancing and looked forward to the June wedding. YLATT helped make the evening wedding fun, fabulous and the music was spot on. Everyone asked where I found the band and everyone commented on the how much the band 'makes a wedding'. I couldn't agree more. In a small moment story our daughter and son in law bumped into Andy on their flight the following weekend for their honeymoon. The felt like they'd met an old friend. I feel the same way about him too. He was professional and courteous and very accommodating. The band learned two songs for us and the setlist was amazing. Thanks YLATT - I will book this band again (perhaps for an anniversary party)!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Christine H

Where do we begin!? First, book this band, they will not disappoint! It is by far the best decision we made. From the moment we contacted Andy a year before our wedding day, to the moment the final guests left, Young Love and The Thrills were professional, accommodating, and so... Read More much fun to work with (so much fun, we actually miss planning with them). We chose a less-than-traditional venue at Bayside Bowl--a bowling alley--in Portland, Maine, and Andy was quick to ease all of our concerns. They learned a few songs at our request, and they performed them to perfection. The band was great at reading the crowd; and they transitioned well from ceremony, to cocktail hour, to dinner, to our first bowl. Our guests continue to rave about their performance. Since the wedding, every guest we speak with mentions how great YLTT performed. We have several friends and family members who are planning weddings over the next few years, and we're recommending to all of them that they book Young Love and The Thrills!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Nick H

When we received two unsolicited, raving recommendations for Young Love and the Thrills within a week of each other from some very trustworthy folks, we knew these guys were special and reached out immediately. Andy was incredibly helpful and communicative as we planned our... Read More Vermont wedding from across the country. YLATT are a well-oiled wedding machine and floated seamlessly from ceremony music to cocktail hour to reception without any intervention from us. And, of course, they rocked our socks off! They pulled together an amazing set based off our musical tastes that felt personal and had all of our guests on the dance floor all night. We forgot to eat dessert because we were having too much fun. YLATT was a highlight of our wedding. Book them ASAP!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Caitlin S

I firmly believe that great music makes a great party. My husband and I are super into music - we live in New York City and go to concerts all the time - so which band to hire was one of the most important decisions of our wedding. When I knew an engagement was around the... Read More corner, I started doing some covert research on bands online and poring through YLATT's YouTube account and song library. I was sold and as soon as I showed my husband, so was he. We reached out to the phenomenal Andy Wesby and booked them the second we had decided on a date. We went with a package for ceremony guitar, cocktail duo and 6-piece reception band. Through the entire planning process, Andy was incredibly responsive and helpful in answering all of our questions. On the actual wedding day, they went above and beyond any of our expectations. As we'd planned with Andy, YLATT had learned a new song for my father-daughter dance and would stick to a list of our favorite tunes for the reception. But the day before the wedding, we had a major wrench thrown in our plans. My brother and "Man of Honor," on active duty in the Air Force, would not be able to be present at our wedding after all. I refused to accept that he would not be part of our day, so set out with a plan to have his speech streamed to the reception via big-screen TV. Even at the last second (and with normal setup and sound check to contend with), the YLATT team made sure that we could hook up to their sound system so that my brother's voice could fill the tent and he could be part of our day after all. That would have been enough to make us worship them, but they went on to play hours of high-energy, phenomenal music that our friends and families danced to all night and are still raving about 5 months later. Young Love and the Thrills are not only a group of supremely talented musicians, they are genuinely great people with whom we were honored to share our wedding day. We cannot thank or recommend them enough.

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Jenn G

Young Love and the Thrills (YLATT) was easily the highlight of our wedding weekend, aside from the actual act of getting married. It was really important to us that we had fabulous music/entertainment, and YLATT did not disappoint. In fact, they totally exceeded our... Read More expectations, even after having viewed their awesome video clips online. Every member of the band was extremely talented and they were all great entertainers. Hero, the lead singer, is unbelievable! They all looked like they were having an absolute blast throughout the night. They have the ability to play a variety of styles of music, and they play every style incredibly well. From the Beatles to Pharrell to Sam Cook – they knocked it out of the park. They also did a really nice job of managing the sound level in our reception under a tent. It also cannot go without saying that Andy was an absolutely pleasure to work with throughout the planning process. I had complete confidence in him because of his attention to detail, responsiveness, and his desire to make sure that the band was doing everything they could to accommodate our preferences and make our day truly special. Andy even checked in the day before the wedding, just to let me know that he was available to answer any last-minute questions or concerns. I can’t recommend YLATT enough; again, they truly were the highlight of our wedding weekend! All our guests are still talking about them now, two months post-wedding. 5+ stars!!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Amy T

Book this band!! I planned my NY wedding from very far away and relied heavily on recommendations by friends for vendors. YLATT was recommended by a friend of mine who attended two separate weddings that they played at. They were so incredibly amazing and our guests raved... Read More about how good they were at our wedding. From the beginning of the night all the way through to the end, people were on the dance-floor getting down and having fun. I worked with Andy who was so helpful throughout the entire process. They provided live music for every portion of our wedding from the ceremony to the cocktail hour and then reception. I was a bit worried in the beginning about logistics with hiring a band from out of town but the whole process was seamless with YLATT. Hands down the best wedding band I've ever experienced and I'm not being biased!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Cynthia L

My husband and I knew we had to have Young Love and the Thrills at our wedding from the very first time we heard them. This young band is so talented and high energy! Andy Wesby was our point of contact and he was easy to communicate with and really worked with us to plan the... Read More perfect wedding. They song list the band provided was both diverse and extensive and we were able to add a few new songs to the list. The band even learned an Ed Sheeran and Machel Montano mashup for our first dance! The band members coordinated with venue staff well and were very professional. This band will always hold a special place in our hearts. We were married on April 2, 2017 and still often go to see this band perform locally.

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Linda L

Young Love and the Thrills were fantastic!!! My husband and I had a blast -as did our guests!!! Andy was very professional and very accessible. The band members were professional, very fun and extremely talented! The lead singers were singing and dancing among the guests! The... Read More energy was incredible; they had a great repo ire with their audience!! Our friends are still talking about our reception!! Thank you so much for making memories with us!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Kathryn S

Young Love and the Thrills is Amazing! We spent lot of time looking for the perfect wedding band for our wedding. When we initially saw YLTT we were blown away. They are ridiculously talented and play such a wide variety of music that appeals to all audiences. Leading up to... Read More the wedding, Andy was so great to work with. He was super responsive and helpful. On our wedding day, the band was super professional, energetic, and so much FUN!! They truly made our wedding and had everyone dancing all night long. The music selection appealed to guests of all ages- our guests continue to rave about the band and how much fun they had. We highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016

What can I say about Young Love and the Thrills - they were amazing! The had previsouly played two of my friends weddings so we knew they were great. Working with them directly in the planning of your wedding, showed me they are truly the wedding band to go with in Boston. Andy... Read More is very responsive to the needs of the bride and groom leading up to the ceremony. Their live performance during the cocktail hour and reception is truly top notch. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Brian F

Young Love and the Thrills is without a doubt the best band that we could have had play at our wedding. We are still getting compliments about how amazing they were from our guests (now 3 months later). I couldn't count how many times we heard people say they were 'the best band... Read More ever'. They were incredible at playing to the crowd and keeping everyone on the dance floor the entire night. They were so great to work with - they made everything so simple without needing to make a ton of decisions while still keeping our specific wants the top priority. The music, energy, and performance were all world-class - they are incredibly talented! Even the wedding coordinator at our venue said they were the most professional and talented band she had ever worked with. We had people staying at the hotel who were trying to sneak in the back of the ballroom to our reception just to hear them! We couldn't say enough to express how happy we were with our choice of YLATT for our wedding - by far the best decision of the night (except for actually getting married, of course!)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 yelena s

There is no better wedding band than Young Love and the Thrills. I've been to a million weddings and not all wedding bands were created equal... or even close to equal. We were super lucky that they were available on our wedding day, and to say that they are professionals is... Read More an understatement. The entire transaction was seamless, starting with inception of the contract. Andy is amazingly easygoing and is always available to answer questions. Their song list is awesome, and they learned 2 songs for us as part of their standard package. Not even Britney Spears could have sang Hit Me Baby One More Time as well as YLATT! This band is easily distinguishable as very talented group of musicians - we heard that over and over again from our guests, some of whom were also professional musicians. Your search is over - book this band if they're available for your date.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Haley O

After considering several different wedding bands, Young Love at the Thrills became our absolute #1 choice so we were thrilled that they were available for our June 2016 wedding. From our first interaction with the band to the final song at our reception – we couldn't have been... Read More happier with Young Love and the Thrills! Firstly, working with Andy was a breeze – he was extremely professional, organized, responsive and accommodating throughout the entire process. Most importantly though, the band was INCREDIBLY talented. The band's energy, vocals, instrumentals, and range of songs all exceeded our highest expectations. In addition to nailing the wedding classics, they also played a bunch of fun songs / mashups that you wouldn't typically expect at a wedding reception (in a good way!). Everyone was dancing, singing along and telling us how amazing the band was. We honestly felt like we were at the best concert of our lives! Hiring YLATT was one of the best possible decisions we could have made while planning our wedding, and we would hire them 1,000 times over if we could do it all again!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Michelle K

I really cannot say enough about how amazing Young Live and the Thrills was at our wedding! They were our wedding planner's (Natalie from Whim Events) favorite band and we picked these guys from a bunch of options she suggested for us. Initially we liked the wide range of... Read More songs available on their set list - a lot of really great ones- so many we unfortunately didn't have time to hear them all! That is really my only regret about them - that we couldn't have had them play longer! Absolutely everyone was raving about how good they were. We had such a great time dancing to them - they got people old and young on their feet and they were really one of the overall highlights of the evening. I was truly blown away by how good they were. If you can book them and you want to have a fun dance scene at your wedding then you should definitely do it! You will not be sorry! I also recommend getting their horn section! Well worth it!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kevin K

If you are reading this you are probably trying to find a wedding band. Look no further, these guys are all you need. They seriously rock, they know how to read a crowd and they sound awesome. We hired them for our wedding in May of 2016 and we haven't stopped talking about them... Read More since. In fact, we still get comments from our guests about how great they were. Well-rehearsed, professional and accommodating, Andy made sure we had exactly what we needed for our cocktail hour and reception. He communicated often and there were no extra hassles during our planning process. I would highly recommend this band - they are talented, top-rated and just all-around the best.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Samuel H

We didn't have a guest who didn't say these guys were amazing. They brought vibrancy, talent and exceptional entertainment to our wedding. Highly, highly recommend.

Andy Wesby

Hi, I'm Andy! I think that being an actual member of the band makes a huge difference when it comes to working with us. I’m not some sweaty guy in an office sending out a league of mercenary-musicians just so I can collect 20%. This is my family… Young Love are the brothers (and sister) I never had. We try to make each show a true experience and to stay true to the passion that got us into this in the first place. I can promise the most energetic show, the most unique repertoire, the most skilled musicians, and a process so organized you'd think you were working with a wedding planner.