11 total reviews
Over the past year, we have booked Tori for family photos, our engagement session and our wedding. (I even did a boudoir shoot with her!)
Three words: LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
We have been incredibly happy with the image quality. Not to mention, Tori's turnaround time is enviable -- we received photos from each session within a week.
Tori is a true professional; easy to work with, well-versed in posing/lighting, and ready to take the lead and direct her clients during shoots. This includes telling clients how to pose -- she has fun, silly ways of getting you to look/feel more natural on camera. She always seems to have a great attitude and responds to emails lightning fast. (This was extremely reassuring for me during wedding planning - I knew I could depend on her to do a great job.)
Notes for anyone considering ShutterChic for their wedding photography:
1. Don't skip engagement photos! Our engagement shoot gave us an amazing chance to build a relationship with Tori and get comfortable shooting with her. It helped us learn what poses we LOVED and what we would skip for the wedding photos.
2. Consider your budget carefully -- it was a no brainer for us to factor Tori into our budget. We knew a good photographer was on our 'must-have' list. After all, that is the one piece of the wedding (besides your marriage/spouse) that you keep forever. When you look at Tori's work it's clear she has a passion and real talent for what she does - we knew her photos would be incredible. We were right.
3. Know that no matter who you book to photograph your wedding, they are not mind-readers. Make a list of any photos you can't live without -- but keep it reasonable! Believe me, if you book Tori, you'll want her to spend the majority of her time shooting 'in the moment' and being the true artist she is.
4. Ladies -- do a boudoir shoot! Your man will love it and Tori works magic behind that lens! I was super nervous going into the shoot, but Tori made me feel immediately comfortable. She guided the poses (which were all super flattering, classy and sexy).
5. Any other questions -- go through her wedding blog posts. If you love her style, book her before someone else does!
Tori-- thank you SO MUCH for everything. We loved working with you and cannot stop looking at our wedding photos. I cried the first time I saw them b/c they are truly beyond beautiful. Can't wait to book a shoot with you for our 1-year anniversary. :) xo
Just by looking at Tori's photos you already know she is incredibly talented. From the first meeting with Tori I instantly became comfortable with her. She is easy to talk to and quick to answer any questions you may have. After having to completely plan a new wedding only 48 hours before my day, Tori was the one constant I could count on. She went above and beyond to help with my wedding and was calm through all the changes and uncertainties even when I wasn't! I was nervous about my pictures because of the weather but they turned out beautifully, she knows how to work in any condition! Brianne was a wonderful presence to have alongside Tori that day, their energy was professional and pleasant to be with. I received the final images quickly after the wedding and have gotten so many compliments. I would recommend ShutterChic photography wholeheartedly.
We absolutely LOVED Tori and her assistant Bri. Tori was there not only as a photographer, but helped me plan my big day and is very knowledgable with anything "wedding". She was nothing but amazing through the entire process! She was there to help ladies set up for our reception and cared about all the little details that usually only the bride cares about. She showed up with a serving and professional attitude and maintained that while shooting photos of some obnoxious groomsmen. She is unique and creative in her photography and knows how to capture the sentimental moments with style. Tori and her photos are nothing short of amazing!!
I love Tori! I am so glad that we worked with her for our wedding... our photos are beautiful and I love the fact that I have complete access to them. They are more than I imagined! Communication was fantastic and she was super easy and fun to work with! Will definitely recommend her to others!
ShutterChic photography was so easy to work with, very responsive to any requests, available when needed, professional, personable and took very good pictures. Product turnaround was quick! I would highly recommend to any bride!
One of the most important things to me in planning my wedding was to have amazing pictures that documented our special day when it was all said and done, and I absolutely found that in Tori Aaker and ShutterChic photography. She was organized and helpful leading up to our wedding date and in the year of planning before hand, and is to say the least, gifted at what she does. We received our wedding photos within four days of the wedding through a gallery which our family and friends can also access and have received countless comments on how beautiful our wedding was- all thanks to the photos and memories captured by Tori Aaker and ShutterChic Photography! I'm so proud of my choice in ShutterChic and will always be grateful for the job she did as my husband and I look over the photographs throughout our lives together!
We worked with Tori for our December engagement session and our August wedding.
* Working with Tori has been easy and effortless. She's helpful and informative and familiar with the wedding industry.
* She's extremely thoughtful, we received a sweet ceramic bowl with our intials engraved on it and yummy chocolate. And nearly immediately following the wedding, a sweet thank you card.
* She's more than a photographer. I didn't hire a wedding planner and she helped me with questions I had setting up a timeline, etc. It's easy to get too detail-oriented, etc. especially with a website like Pinterest at your fingertips, but she was patient and so helpful.
* Her turn-around time is extremely impressive. Most brides I'd known had to wait two-three months for their photos, Tori had ours back to us within a week. Sneak peeks posted two days following the wedding.
* Her second shooter Brianne was an absolute sweetheart, she put us at ease and was SO easy to work with!
* Throughout the day, they kept us on track and I rarely noticed they were taking pictures. It was comfortable.
WORD(S) OF ADVICE:
* DO NOT assume that your photographer will get every single picture that you want. DO NOT assume that you will remember all of the pictures that you want. If a photographer requests a list of important shots that you want taken on the day of your wedding, please, please, please make this a top priority!
* Please keep in mind how many pictures are included in your package. If you don't want to spend time going through photos to pick your favorites (honestly so awesome that Tori offers this as I've heard some don't), I strongly suggest budgeting for the purchase of all of them prior to the wedding. :)
Overall, Tori and Brianne were wonderful to work with and we are happy with our photos. I would highly recommend ShutterChic Photography for photo sessions!
I met Tori with ShutterChic right after my now Husband and I got engaged. I was in Nursing School full time when I scheduled our first meet and greet! During our meeting over coffee, I fell in love with Tori's friendly personality and professional manner! She was so easy to talk to and made sure that I was on the right track. We were able to stay in contact very easily and that made it less stressful. Tori is great at keeping in touch and making sure that everyone is on the same page! This is definitely important when planning your big day! I met with Tori a few days before our big day and created a timeline that really helped me see how things were going to be. And day of our wedding, Tori was there and ready to snap our precious moments! Shutterchic provided us with great pictures to reflect back on how wonderful our wedding day was! I believe Shutterchic is the right choice for anyone whether or not you are having a small wedding ceremony/reception to a large ceremony/reception. My husband and I had 300 guests and Shutterchic was able to make their way around our guests and wedding party capturing the must needed photographs!
Not only did ShutterChic (Tori) do a absolutely amazing job on our big day, I was able to surprise my soon to be husband at the time with a sexy boudoir photo album! Shutterchic is an all around great choice and I highly reccomend this vendor! :)
From the moment I met Tori I knew Shutterchic would be the one to capture our big day. She was professional, calm, cool, and confident. Her demeanor put me at ease at such a stressful time. From engagement pics to the wedding ShutterChic did nothing but impress. I was worried about being awkward and looking unnatural. Tori was able to position us, pose us, and helped us feel natural in front of the camera. The Pictures turned out absolutely beautiful. ShutterChic captured so many priceless moments that will now never be forgotten. Tori Aaker has the very rare talent it takes to portray the beauty of life through a camera lens!
Where do I start? How about at Starbucks! That's were you will find Tori, our wedding photographer, meeting with Brides over a Tall Iced coffee with 1 pump of white mocha. We met her there weeks before the wedding to discuss the day. She promptly said "Okay, lets plan the whole day!" at first I thought, what do you mean, you are just the photographer? Being the controlling type that I am. But little did I know that our wonderful photographer was going to put us on a track that would organize our special day right down to the bubble blowing send off! Tori Aaker is a true blessing to any mother of the bride! She is fun, organized and has a true gift behind that lense! She has the ability to capture those special moments that you never want to forget. Dabbling in photography myself I know how hard it is to snap that perfect glace or fleeting moment. Tori captures those moments in a beautiful way that is relaxed and effortless. If you want a true professional that sincerely cares about your special day you really should hire Shutterchic Photography. I promise you won't regret it!
I used ShutterChic Photography for my wedding in January and for my engagement pictures. She was incredible! ShutterChic does an amazing job at making you feel excited, in the moment, and never once makes you feel uncofortable. While she was snapping pictures, I got to enjoy the best day of my life and never worried about the pictures she was taking, the pictures I hoped she was taking, or how we looked. This is a photographer that truly values you and is looking for nothing more than an opportunity to capture your special day in a way that is unique to YOU!
Report Abuse Policy
If you have any documentation proving it false, please send it to [email protected]. We will review your request in the order it was received.
You can expect to receive a response within 5 business days.
Thank you for reporting your review.
Our policy is to only take down reviews that contain spam, explicit content or are proven to be factually false; we cannot dispute a bride’s opinion. We will review your request in the order it was received.
You can expect to receive a response within 5 business days.
awards and affiliations
- The Knot Best Of Weddings 2014