As one of the nation's leading multiplatform wedding resources, The Knot offers a seamless, all-in-one planning experience—from finding local vendors to creating and managing your wedding registry or website to serving up the freshest wedding ideas and inspiration.
The Knot's Editorial Team is the crew behind that last part: The ideas and inspiration. We're a small team of editors, writers and content strategists all working in tandem to deliver couples the most reliable and helpful information to guide them through their planning journey. From that oh-so-special proposal moment to your "I dos" to crafting your newlywed life together, consider us your guide (or BFF, or expert MOH/BM — whatever you prefer).
There are a number of important editorial policies that are critical to how we craft content (and we dive into all that a little further down the page) but there's one guiding principle that stands above: We support all couples. Whoever you are, whatever you believe in, whomever you love, you are welcome here and we're here to serve and support you.
Learn more about the people behind the bylines below. To make sure you don't miss any of the awesome content coming from this team, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media: Facebook.com/TheKnot and @TheKnot on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Kristen oversees editorial content for The Knot’s national magazine and TheKnot.com.
- Kristen represents The Knot at industry events, as well as in the media and has appeared on shows including TODAY, Good Morning America, Entertainment Tonight and more.
- Kristen has also held editorial positions at People StyleWatch, Ralph Lauren, Shape, InStyle and MTV.
- Morgan oversees The Knot’s editorial content strategy and execution
- Before joining The Knot Worldwide, she was the Digital Editor at Brides
- Morgan has a degree in magazine journalism and lives in Maryland
- Shelley writes and edits articles for The Knot Worldwide, with a speciality in fashion, beauty, jewelry and accessories
- Shelley writes and edits articles for The Knot magazine, as well as styles the magazine’s fashion and cover shoots
- Prior to The Knot Worldwide, Shelley was a freelance Digital Editor at Conde Nast’s Lucky Magazine and freelanced for FLAUNT Magazine, Los Angeles Magazine, Backstage.com and Paste.com
- Kim writes and edits articles for The Knot Worldwide, with a speciality in etiquette and planning advice
- Kim manages freelance writers for The Knot Worldwide
- Prior to The Knot Worldwide, Kim was Associate Bridal Editor at Washingtonian magazine and Associate Fashion Editor at Conde Nast’s Brides Local magazines
- Oversees all news and trending content at The Knot.
- Defines new terms for the wedding industry.
- Thrives in interviews both for her stories and in reverse, for the brand.
- MaryKate oversees The Knot’s affiliate and e-commerce content strategy
- Before joining The Knot Worldwide, MaryKate worked as a copywriter for a boutique ad agency
- MaryKate has a bachelor’s degree in English and a minor in Communications from Fairfield University
- Emily is a writer and editor who specializes in shopping content
- Before joining The Knot Worldwide, Emily wrote for Martha Stewart Weddings
- Emily has a bachelor's degree from Vassar College
- Samantha writes articles for The Knot Worldwide, with a speciality in wedding decor, trends, and fashion
- Prior to The Knot Worldwide, Samantha was a features and weddings contributor for The Baltimore Sun
- She is based in Washington, D.C. and holds a Bachelor of Science in journalism
- Laura is a writer and editor, specializing in all things weddings, travel and shopping
- Before joining The Knot Worldwide, Laura covered travel and lifestyle features for publications like Glamour, Evening Standard, Cosmopolitan and Culture Trip
- Laura has a journalism degree and lives in London, UK
- Sarah is an Associate Digital Editor for The Knot, with special focuses in fashion, pop culture and wedding trends.
- Before joining The Knot Worldwide, Sarah was a contributing writer for Bravo at NBC Universal.
- Sarah has a degree in journalism and resides in New York City.
- Maddy writes for The Knot, with a specialty in beauty, sustainability, mental health and inclusivity.
- Before joining The Knot Worldwide, Maddy wrote for several different publications, including Insider, Bustle, Real Simple and Apartment Therapy.
- Maddy has a Bachelor's degree in magazine journalism and a Master's degree in health, science and environmental reporting (both of which are from Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism).
- Naoimh writes articles for The Knot Worldwide, specializing in shoppable roundups from gift guides to wedding fashion
- Before working on editorial content, Naoimh wrote storefront descriptions for some of The Knot Worldwide's many wedding vendors
- Naoimh studied creative writing at college and lives in Galway, Ireland
The Knot and our parent company The Knot Worldwide hold a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. This extends to all of our couples regardless of gender, religion, race or sexual orientation.
Especially in regards to race and specifically Black lives, we know that every article we publish is an opportunity to change unconscious bias, which is a result of years of systematic racism and oppression. We have the opportunity to influence and change perceptions and stereotypes through what people see and read. We want to change how the majority see the minority by elevating and celebrating Black and minority voices and stories in our content and our product. We are committed to long term sustainable change, so if you think we could be doing better, please share your thoughts and suggestions by emailing us at [email protected].
Our team is proud of the work that we do for our couples every day. With each article we write, we adhere to journalistic ethics and standards. Whether we're digging into the latest safety guidelines for weddings amid COVID, or determining which old school etiquette rules you can finally throw out the window (like, ahem, one partner shouldering all the wedding costs), we're conducting the research, the expert interviews and doing our due diligence to serve you accurate, reliable and, most importantly, helpful information and inspiration that you can trust.
In some of our articles, we will include third party products to help you navigate and enjoy life's biggest moments. Purchases made through links on those pages may earn us a commission. Whenever you're on one of these articles, we'll be sure to let you know with a similarly worded disclosure at the top of the page.