Unique, Creative, and Fun Wedding Photos

Hate corny, posey-posey photos? Want unique, creative & fun pics that show off the real you? Then I'm your photographer! 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Best of Weddings. The Knot Hall of Fame Member.

Artistic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Dallas, TX Dallas, New York, Everywhere! (512) 632-1689
INSTAGRAM

Worth a thousand words!

Reviewed on 8/21/2014 jessica r

First off, I have to say that even though my wedding day is over, I'm STILL bummed that Sherry is relocating from New Jersey to Dallas, Texas! :) As many other reviewers have already attested, Sherry is an absolute dream to work with in every way. Upon first entering Sherry's... Read More cozy studio and setting eyes on her insanely fashionable clothes and electric-red hair, I knew we were going to not only get along, but have a totally fabulous time shooting our wedding. Not only is Sherry (and the extremely good-looking husband-and-wife team who assisted her at our wedding) a talented, hardworking, creative photographer, she is also just an awesome person. She answered our many questions, listened to things we wanted, offering suggestions along the way on everything from sparklers to cute wedding shoes, and many things in between. Always patient, positive and fun throughout the entire process, Sherry always reinvigorated my excitement about the wedding, even when I felt burned out and "weddinged" out. She was also willing to share details about her own wedding, which was really generous of her. Also, she was always punctual, friendly and cheerful in responding to questions or when we had to reschedule our engagement shoot due to rain. On the day of the wedding - July 27, 2014 - Sherry worked absolutely tirelessly, but always had a smile on her face. She made the 1.5 hours of shooting portraits just fly by. And then, we saw the photos themselves ... we could not be happier that she captured so many fantastic moments that I'm sure our videographer missed. Instead of a bunch of staged, cheesy portraits, Sherry and her team created so many visually interesting, unique, and emotionally touching scenes that we'll treasure for the rest of our lives. I especially love her candid shots on the dance floor! Sherry is so inspiring, in fact, that now I'm interested in taking a (beginner's) photography class! :) So, if you're looking for a fun-loving, talented photographer with a unique style, she should absolutely be your choice! Good luck in Texas, Sherry!

Sherry Sutton Photography Review - Hire her!

Reviewed on 8/07/2014

Sherry is an all-star athlete. First and foremost, she has a gift for envisioning gorgeous shots allowing for special and creative photography. She is truly a dynamic presence and plays many roles from professional photographer to an ad hoc coordinator to a trusted ear when... Read More one wants a last minute opinion. Sherry provides such personalized attention making sure to capture the mood and the moments of the wedding day which is transparent in her photography images. People raved about our wedding photos commenting on how well she was able to capture the emotions, the mood and the overall experience. I cannot say enough positive things about Sherry. I highly recommend her as she has such depth professionally and personally. She is a joy to work with.

Love Love Love!

Reviewed on 7/17/2014

Sherry photographed our wedding in the woods, and our restaurant reception. The outdoor terrain was rugged (and potentially covered in poison ivy) and Sherry was quietly everywhere -- climbing over rocks, laying on the ground, seamlessly capturing absolutely the most beautiful... Read More moments of our day. And she did it all with her trademark charm! You will not find a friendlier, more at-ease, more fun photographer. She made people comfortable (even my 10 and 12 year old sons!) and managed to corral my large family into a quick and painless group shot. Genius! (Does anyone EVER cooperate without complaint in those group shots?! Yes -- for gorgeous Sherry!!) Most importantly, we absolutely LOVE our pictures. They are simply stunning. So many people have commented that they look like something from a magazine. I couldn't be happier. Sherry captured the feeling of our day in a way that brings me directly back.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Charnece T

Sherry is THE kindest most amazing photographer to work with. My daughter just signed with Kim Dawson agency out of Dallas Texas and we received the referral for headshots from the agency which should say a ton! The process for booking was the most simple process ever. And... Read More then... She met my sassy, ambitious and loud three year old she was photographing. From the second we met, she immediately starting making a relationship with her and the shoot turned out to be way more than I could imagine! I can say the job of photographing a toddler has to be a tough one and requires the most patience. But it didn't phase her and she did an amazing job. I Absolutely would refer her anyone in need of services to her! I'm certain it won't be our last time seeing sherry.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017

Amazing, creative, fun, professional, enthusiastic, are just some of the words that can describe Sherry's photography. If you are looking the same old boring pictures, do not call Sherry. If you looking for pictures that will add to your event, then she's the one to call...

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Leah P

Sherry was absolutely wonderful! She did both our engagement photos and our wedding, and she was always very personable and professional. We had a large group of guests, and she handled them perfectly. She offered a lot of great suggestions for shot locations and posing, and we... Read More can't wait to see the rest of our wedding pictures! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Michelle F

Sherry is a true professional and one of the best photographers I've met! She has a way of bringing out and capturing the light in people that is truly remarkable! Love her!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Irum F

Sherry Sutton is an amazing photographer. Her talent and passion shows through each and every one of her photographs.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Douglas S

Sherry Sutton Is simply the Best photographer I have ever encounter. I have worked with some of the best in the business having worked in the entertainment industry for many years . Sherry has a gift that allows her to see Magic; magic that we do not see without her lens... Read More capturing it and then sharing it with us. I am a collector of her Fine Photography artwork from her travels and I continue to add to that collection. Recently I was chosen for an Expose in a local magazine and I knew exactly who I wanted as the photographer. Sherry Works quick, yeah you never feel rushed; she's fun, there's a lot of laughter during the shoot and she has this ability to make everyone in the room or on the location feel at ease. Simply put, she is an artist with tremendous talent.

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Haley S

Wow, where do I start? Sherry was everything I wanted in a photographer for our wedding. She was fun, energetic, wasn't afraid to play with props and poses, and made us all feel comfortable. Sherry was so personable and she really took time to get to know us before she shot our... Read More wedding. She answered any questions we had from the moment we hired her to the minute she left the venue. She even helped me with my garter! The one thing I didn't want was a lot of staged pictures from my wedding which is why I chose Sherry to be my photographer. We've only seen sneak peeks but her photos are absolutely beautiful, organic and unique. I can't wait to see the rest! She was more than a photographer for us. She was one of the guests, a friend, a bridesmaid, and a photographer on the day of our wedding. She's such a great person and I would recommend her to anyone. We love her!

Words can not describe how thankful we are

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Julie Y

Sherry is fantastic. Seriously, there is no reason to look into another photographer. Sherry is energetic, enthusiastic and professional. She is all about the fun pictures and candid moments and that's why we love her! She was a joy to work with. Wedding photos help capture your... Read More special day and because of Sherry we will have pictures to treasure forever. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Sherry is Awesome!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015

Sherry and her team photographed my sister's wedding on October 18, 2014 in LBI, NJ. Sherry was amazing and is an amazing photographer. We could not have had better weather and her photos came out perfectly. I felt like I knew her for years! She came in with ideas for pictures,... Read More helped my sister (the bride) organize for the photos, and overall was very helpful. Sherry has this great ability to capture candid moments that just make your heart melt. She was able to blend in with the wedding crowd so much that everyone thought she was a guest and that ability makes her pictures even that more wonderful! I know my sister and our family could not be happier with the pictures she took for this very special day!

Ahhh-mazing in every way!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Meghan H

Sherry is awesome and amazing. She is professional, easy to work with, creative, up for anything and joins the party to capture the best shots. I am reaching professional bridesmaid status and have worked with the truly terrible to pretty great. For my (our) wedding I... Read More wanted the best and that's Sherry! Every picture from getting ready to the ceremony to the dance party was perfect. And the wedding party photos ranged from laughing fun to works of art. Her range and ability to capture people in "that moment" is amazing. Sherry doesn't hesitate to step in and direct or step in and dance and snap photos. And it's not just her ability to capture awesome and amazing photos from the big day, she was always there to answer questions, and just really great to work with in the months and days leading up to our wedding. A few other important things I noticed and loved - I've seen many photographers dress in black pants and a t-shirt, while everyone for the party is in suits or tuxes and fancy dress; it's so nice that on your special day Sherry doesn't look like she's running to the grocery store, but there for the party. And she's there for the day, no 8 hours and peace, she is there for it all! I really can't say enough about her awesomeness and the fabulous pictures we have to remember our special day. She was amazing!!!

too amazing for words.

Reviewed on 6/04/2015

there are really no words to adequetly describe sherry… but here it goes. from the moment ryan and i saw sherries work, we KNEW we needed to work with her. her eye for detail, contrasts of color, and the emotions epitomized in her photos were just what we were looking... Read More for. we also were drawn to the fact that there were not "typical" wedding poses. every photo was more unique than the next and the style was unlike anything we've ever seen. we were drawn to sherry not just for her amazing work, but for her personality and he ability to communicate with us. she spoke to us as if we were old friends.. and she was very open and understanding to our wants, needs, budget, and took the time to understand WHO we are as a couple. the day of my wedding we had snow… you better believe my husband and i were outside playing in the snow taking pics!! this is where sherry chose to do our "reveal" pics (we saw each other before ceremony.) sherry not only made sure to know who we were as a couple.. and what our wants and needs were-- but she made sure she knew our parents names, siblings name, she got to know our families & our bridal party.. it made the day that much more personal. i really can't say enough amazing things about sherry. from the first day we met to hugging goodbye at the end of my wedding.. to keeping in touch on Facebook.. sherry has found the balance of professionalism and friendship with her clients.. when you have that feeling of friendship.. you become more comfortable with that person.. and when you're comfortable and able to let your guard down.. thats when photography magic happens

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 6/04/2015

When looking for photographers we stumbled upon Sherry because she looked like she could be my wife's sister. After meeting her, my wife was so comfortable with her that there was no way we were even going to look for another photographer. WE HAD TO HAVE HER! The day of our... Read More wedding was so easy and flowed so nicely due to Sherry's style of photography. She likes things to be organic and doesn't stress over the little things. We had the first set of edited pictures to us in days and rest shortly after. We loved Sherry's personality and how fun she was! Sherry is the best, hands down.

100% satisfaction

Reviewed on 6/04/2015

You never know what you are getting into when you hire someone for your wedding. As a videographer and editor myself, I am always a little more critical of people who I hire to do media for me. But when the person sincerely puts in the effort to pre-plan, is 100% professional... Read More and delivers exactly what he/she said they would the feeling you have is of gratitude, and fulfillment. Thats what you get when you hire Sherry. When you can sit back and look at the photos and remember the day, and NOT the person taking the photos, when you see things you didn't even know happend...that is a true artist. Sherry is all these things. I can not recommend her enough. I am still in awe of our photos. Because of her skill, we will have pictures and memories that will last us the rest of our lives. She captures the special moments, but also captured the "cooleness" of our wedding. All I can say is she ROCKS!!!

Captured Every Detail!

Reviewed on 12/21/2014 J O

Our wedding was a Hocus Pocus Halloween themed wedding on November 1st 2014 in New Jersey. It was very DIY so there were LOTS of details! Sherry captured each and every detail creatively. She got the coolest pictures of our rings and was able to get awesome portrait pictures... Read More even though we only had a short amount of time to do all of our pictures! She captured every awesome moment and got most important moment to me, my groom's expression when he first saw me coming down the aisle. :) Sherry captured all the awesome moves on the dance floor as well as all the cute little moments we didn't notice at the wedding, but got to see in the photos! She's amazing and was not only our photographer, but became our friend. Everyone that has seen our wedding pictures has asked us who did them and has complimented us over and over on how awesome they are. We are so lucky we had Sherry capture our special day! We HIGHLY recommend her! :)

THE BEST

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Lisa C

Sherry was simply amazing in every aspect from start to finish. She was fun to work with and at the same time the ultimate professional. I was completely comfortable with her and would hire her to do any kind of photography going forward. She is very creative and doesn't follow... Read More the norm when it comes to taking pictures. Her style and flair comes out in the photography. Our engagement shoot came out amazing, but then she out did herself by producing the most STUNNING Wedding pictures. I cannot even count how many of our friends and family have RAVED about the photographs. The most common phrase used was "best I have ever seen". We will be asking Sherry to take pictures of our baby once he is born. I trust her to produce amazing and beautiful works of art. When I began looking for a photographer my concern was more about money. Once I saw her portfolio pics, I realized that you can't put a price on a good photographer. Sherry is worth ever penny and then some. I am so happy that we found her and that She is now a part of our journey in life. Do yourself a favor and hire Sherry, you will never regret it and will have a lifetime of photographic memories to cherish.

Moments between moments :)

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 sarah s

I cannot say enough about Sherry! Not only is she an extremely talented photographer, but she is a wonderful person! I met Sherry at the one and only bridal expo I attended, and I knew right then an there I wanted her to capture our special day.I never even met with another... Read More photographer! Her pictures are so unique, and I felt that they captured the true essence of the bride, groom, and wedding attendees instead of the typical posed wedding photos. I could not be more thrilled with how my wedding photos came out. Everyone in my life that viewed my photos commented on how unique and special they were, and how many awesome moments that Sherry and her team captured! I cannot recommend Sherry Sutton Photography enough, and it was a true pleasure working with Sherry. She knows her stuff! My husband and I are so lucky to have such a beautiful collection of photos to capture such an amazing day.

From the minute we met Sherry, we knew she was the "one"...

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Corinne L

Right after our engagement I was quick to find out that any list I put my email on, I would then immediately be flooded with emails about "the best" photographer in town, "the best" rates in town, etc. After doing my research, one email I did respond to was Sherry Sutton... Read More Photography. I was immediately drawn to her from her website and the look and feel of the photo samples she had listed there. Once we were able to meet, she helped my fiance and I feel comfortable with the process, picking the right package for our needs and more importantly, learning about us. I left our appointment feeling like I had gained a new friend and of course immediately reserved our wedding date. Sherry was warm, understanding, interested and just overall easy to discuss such a commitment with. We had certain requests for our wedding weekend, who to capture, where to capture, what background we wanted. During our wedding weekend, Sherry and her team went above and beyond - taking control of the shoots and ensuring all the photo requests were being met. We were married in Long Beach Island, NJ although we did not have a "beach" themed wedding. Sherry was able to capture the essence of being in one of our favorite places and the balance of our NOT beach themed wedding. Sherry is so talented - she gave us pictures we didn't even know were possible, helped capture all the love we had over the weekend and more. If we have the chance to, we will use Sherry again and again for any other life event photography needs. She was the best decision we made to capture our wedding day! She captured our hearts during the wedding process and we highly recommend her for your photography needs - her quality and professionalism are worth it!

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Amy W

When I first met Sherry at a bridal show, I knew she perfect photographer for us. I loved her style & the type of photos were exactly what I was looking for! My husband and I went to her studio, where we instantly felt comfortable, like we have known her forever! Not only... Read More was she the best photographer, she also helped us many other things! I e-mailed her questions all the time and never once did she seem annoyed! After seeing our engagement photos, I was so excited for our wedding! The day of the wedding was perfect! Sherry, Joy and Jared were amazing! Not only were we happy with them, our guests couldn't stop raving over how sweet they all were. We received our pictures back much quicker then I thought and I can't stop looking at them! Anyone who has saw them, loves them as well! From start to finish - Sherry has been simply amazing! Don't look any further - Book Sherry, you definitely won't be disappointed!

Fantastic Photographer!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Christina G

Sherry took our engagement photos on a cool fall day and they came out terrific! Sherry was punctual, professional and didn't rush through the session. She had great ideas as to how to pose and where to stand with the right light to get the best shots of us. I have since printed... Read More many of the photos and have them in frames displays all over our home!

Perfect photos

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Jean Marie B

Sherry was the absolute best! She provided gorgeous pictures! She is friendly and is sure to get plenty of detail shots. My pictures were finished in three weeks!

We absolutley fell in love with Sherry!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Raven W

Seriously- she's amazing. We talked with some photographers before choosing Sherry that were incredibly stuffy (and incredibly expensive!) and we were so lucky to find Sherry through the Knot and instantly fell in love with her photography and personality. She's crazy... Read More affordable for such amazing work, picks excellent company to work with (Joy and Jared shot with her on our wedding day, and we fell in love with them, too!) and she's just the sweetest person ever. We didn't just hire a photographer, we made a few friends who kept us laughing and worry free all day. Not to mention it's only been a few days since the wedding and she's already working on and posting photos. We couldn't have asked for more!!

Sherry Sutton Photography is Fantastic!

Reviewed on 8/07/2014

Sherry was phenomenal to work with on all fronts. She is a true professional - she made us feel incredibly comfortable with all stages of the process - hiring, discussions leading up to the wedding, the wedding and the pictures themselves, and then when the pictures arrived... Read More (and they arrived very quickly) they could not have been more lovely. Sherry also has a terrific personality and is fun so she made the shooting process pain-free for those pictures that were posed. For those pictures that were not posed, Sherry was nearly invisible - I never felt intruded upon and she did such a wonderful job of capturing people in the moment. In short, I am so pleased with the job Sherry did that there is no doubt we will use her again.

Sherry Sutton

A warm, creative, and positive person, Sherry’s clients trust her to capture their most precious moments. Her clients describe her as “simply the best”, “down to earth”, “game for anything”, “professional yet cool and fun”, “talented”, and “wonderful to work with”. One client summed it up by saying ”photography is not her career, it is her passion.” When she’s not behind the camera, she is practicing yoga, searching for the perfect pair of cowboy boots, or chasing around her adorable son Walden.