1985Luke Photography

As a Mr. + Mrs., we bring loads of love, fun, + energy to our Bride and Groom's weddings! We'll capture your swoon-worthy moments + shake a tail feather to catch all of your crazy moves, delivering photos filled with the emotions, laughter, jitters + romance of your Big Day! {Luke + Bre}

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Engagement, Trash The Dress

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Northern California, CA (408) 761-3410

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Karel c

We wanted artistic flair in our wedding photos, and choosing the right photographer was the most careful decision that we made. We spent months poring over photographer portfolios and met with several photographers before choosing Luke and Bree. Their work stood out as touching... Read More and artistic, and their high level of organization and easygoing personalities made it easy to work with them. Most of all, we liked that they always shoot as a pair, as opposed to most photographers who bring in an anonymous second photographer who we have to trust blindly. Coordinating with them was always easy. Our venue was right at the edge of their 100-mile same day travel radius, and they had no problem changing their contract for us to remove ambiguity.They communicated well with our wedding planner and gave us plenty of notice about anything that we needed to do for them. (this is invaluable when juggling several vendors and staggered payments.) They also sent us a preview of our wedding photos four days after the event, so we had something to show our families immediately. They were consistently prompt and attentive, and they earned our trust at every step of the process. The photography sessions themselves were enjoyable. We had an engagement photo session, which allowed us to get used to each other as well as give them a chance to see the wedding venue, which was nearby. They are good at helping their subjects to be themselves. They are also great at managing the other guests to keep them from interfering with our photography during the wedding day, and this was particularly appreciated. We felt as though they were responding to our unique wedding and us as a couple, and this was exactly what we were hoping for from them. That said, they still exceeded our expectations. Our engagement photos were nice, with a few stand-out images, but we were stunned by the quality of the photos of the wedding itself. We have only seen a preview so far, but those images bring back the tide of emotions that surrounded us on our wedding day. So much happens so quickly in these events, and it's crucial to have a way to capture the day well enough to revisit and appreciate what actually happened. Luke and Bree accomplished this in spades, and now we have a way to cherish every detail of our wedding for the years to come. If you want to capture the precious moments of your wedding, then 1985Luke is your choice. They are artists as opposed to stock wedding photographers, and that difference will show in the photos that you get from them. They are wonderful to work with, and they give you quite a lot for their prices. Let them photograph your special day. You will never regret it.

Best of the Best!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Katie R

We first fell in love with Luke and BreAnne's photos as they were the exact look we were going for. We then spoke by phone and we loved them even more! At first, they didn't have my ideal wedding date available, so I changed it and I am glad I did! We met Luke and Bre at our... Read More engagement session and just knew they were right for us. I really liked that they were a couple and you can get a male perspective and a woman's perspective in your photos. How can you go wrong when you have the complete package? Our engagement session was great and our photos were to us very quickly! Throughout the months leading to our wedding I had questions and concerns and Bre calmed all of them. Not only do they respond very quickly, they are genuinely nice and want to ease your concerns. Bre happened to work at the bridal salon that I got my dress and she was the one who urged me to try on "just one more" and it was the perfect one! She even created my accessories, which created a better bond! About 2 months before our wedding day, I received an email that had the most beautiful day-of timeline. Not only was I following the posts of wedding, family, engagement etc. sessions that they were busy with every weekend, but they took the time to send a timeline over that was pure perfection. It was so pretty, it was placed at the front of my Instagram photos and my wedding binder! Our wedding day came and there was "parking lot" traffic on the freeway. Our videographer was a bit late due to the traffic but not Luke & Bre! They were on time, ready to go and happy to be there. They really are such joyful people. It's the last hour before ceremony start time and Bre was taking photos of my bridesmaids and I. She had such a calm demeanor and it made me feel calm. They are direct without having a boss attitude. Luke made us laugh throughout the evening and provided a fun balance. We were lucky enough to see a few sneak peek shots and I melted. The few photos were beyond what I expected and beautiful. To top it off, they were supposed to leave at 9pm. It was about that time when they walked up and asked for our rings. They stayed a bit after to get the shots they needed, that speaks volumes of who they are and the business they lead. There was no looking at their watches, it was about the photos. Not 48 hours after our wedding, a mini-album was posted on Facebook. There was not even 1 of the 34 photos that we didn't like. I received many messages and phone calls as to who the photographers were as the photos were that gorgeous. I don't even have our full photos back, and won't for a while but I can't speak highly enough about 1985Luke Photography. Highly recommend!

Best of the Best

Reviewed on 8/03/2015

My husband and I had the most amazing experience with Luke & Bre of 1985Luke Photography. Not only are Luke & Bre unbelievably nice people, they are also wonderful photographers. This husband & wife duo have been incredibly flexible to meet all of the requests my husband and I... Read More have put forth. Our relationship started with a meet and greet in San Jose, where bubbly Bre gave me the warmest hug and I knew immediately we would be in good hands. As my husband is a bit of a camera-phobe, we opted to do engagement photos as well as wedding photos. The engagement photo sessions was a great way to get to know Luke & Bre better as well as to understand their work style (very laid back, yet directive). Also, as the person being photographed, understanding the awkward body postures they ask you to do actually make for beautiful photographs. Ahead of the wedding, Bre and I worked out a timeline that fit the specifications of the package we purchased as well as my desires for specific photos. On the day of the wedding, Luke & Bre blended seamlessly into the day. I did not once worry about how the day was going to be captured, as I knew Luke & Bre would be doing everything I had asked for and more. As a side note - in addition to being a great photographer, Bre is also great at tying bows. She made the bow for my dress look like perfection. Luke, while quiet, was practically the life of the party. Luke joined in on the dance floor (of course, asking us beforehand if this is OK) and I’m sure got some awesome shots of some of the younger attendees breaking it down. Before the wedding ended, Bre had already posted some sneak peek pictures in Instagram and Facebook – which were so much fun to look at on the day after. In the following days, there were up to 20 “sneak peeks” that I could reflect back on when remembering the day. Luke & Bre go above and beyond. My grandmother, who was 90 at our wedding, passed away less than a month after. It was very special to have her there, and we were grateful to Luke & Bre for capturing the last family photo we will have with her. At my special request, they processed the pictures that included her ahead of the rest so that I could share with the rest of my family. We are so grateful they were there to capture this last family gathering. I HIGHLY recommend 1985Luke for any of your photography needs. I know that I plan to use them for events in the future… whatever that future may hold!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Vanessa R

From our very first email inquiry, Bre and Luke were as fun and friendly as they were informative and professional. We fell in love with their photos right away, as their creativity and quality speaks volumes for itself, but what we didn't expect was making friends with our... Read More photographers. Bre and Luke made a point right off the bat to get to know us and make us feel comfortable, which was hugely important heading into the wedding. Having worked with other photographers in the past, we were amazed by their guidance and recommendations. When Bre and Luke ask you if you are doing a first look take them up on it! It was the best recommendation they could have given us. If Bre and Luke didn't take the time to explain the importance of the first look we would have missed out on something amazing. They were even able to keep smiles on everyone's faces, while making sure to keep to the schedule.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Stephanie S

Luke + Bre are absolutely amazing and were the PERFECT fit for our engagement session and wedding. From the first time we met them, they had the most amazing personalities that suited us so well. We fell in love with their photography style and knew they were the best people to... Read More share our day with. Classy, complimentary, fun and creative! I couldn't imagine having had any other photographers to capture our big day and can't wait to work with them in the future as our family grows!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Sarah S

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Luke and Bre. I remember showing up for the engagement photos pretty nervous not really knowing what to expect. I wouldn't say that Chris (my now husband) and I are naturals in front of a camera by no means, (far from actually...) but... Read More Luke and Bre made it fun, comfortable and so easy. It felt like we were hanging out with two close friends. We got married less then two weeks ago and already have gotten to see a sneak peek of our photos and they far exceeded our expectations, I can't wait to see the rest of them. Not only do they take the most beautiful photos but they are two of the nicest people I've ever met. I would highly recommend Luke and Bre for any special event you need captured they are truly amazing at what they do.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017

Luke and Bre were absolutely wonderful! The sneak peak photos surpassed all our expectations and were stunning. They are caring and very creative and have given us amazing memories of our daughters special day! Thanks so much Bre and Luke!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Donald B

Your wedding day feels like it flies by in a matter of minutes…but the pictures last a lifetime. When planning for the big day, it’s essential to note what your priorities are so that you can budget accordingly. For us, the photos were top of the list. As we began searching for... Read More our photographer, a friend recommended looking into 1985Luke Photography, noting their beautiful photography and genuine personalities. To be honest, we heard so many great things that we started to question whether it was too good to be true…but when we finally met with them they totally lived up to the hype. In the months leading up to the wedding, we were impressed with their organization and communication, building a rapport through thoughtful notes and check-ins. We worked closely on a timeline and in-depth shot list to ensure we’d get the shots we wanted in the appropriate amount of time. They managed our large families (which is no easy task) extremely well, being directive in a way that wasn’t overbearing. Our family and friends all noted how pleasant they were in their encounters throughout the day and felt they blended in well with our guests. Luke & Bre have an eye for things that you don’t often see. Those shots that feel a little awkward (given our lack of modeling experience) turn out incredible. When you get that first sneak peek the night of, you can rest assured that they’ve captured the memories you want to treasure for the rest of your lives. Towards the end of the night as they said their goodbyes, we no longer viewed them as just our photographers…they were now our friends. Just weeks after, we came back from our honeymoon to an additional 70+ photo sneak peek to share with our family and friends as they finalized the full album. It goes without saying that we absolutely recommend 1985Luke Photography.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017

Bre and Luke did an amazing job making us feel comfortable in front of the camera. They were great to work with and produced beautiful photos. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for fun, talented, and professional photographers.

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Linda M

Luke and Bre photographed my daughters wedding on 4-29-17. They were excellent to work with and the pictures are spectacular! Highly recommended-10 stars

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Meghan M

Luke and Bre are the absolute BEST! From our very first phone consultation they made us feel at ease and excited. We were not sure we wanted to do engagement photos but Luke and Bre made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and produced the most amazing photos. They are so... Read More organized and professional. They were fun to have around and they are wildly talented. We've only received our sneak peak from our wedding just 5 days ago and I am itching to see the rest. I cannot recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Abigail C

From the first time I spoke to Bre on the phone I was hooked. Both her and her husband Luke are full of charisma, enthusiasm and expertise on everything from posing, lighting, clothing and accessories, to creating a timeline and providing advice on how to ensure your dreams come... Read More true on your wedding day . Luke and Bre did absolutely everything I could have asked for, and even went above and beyond by creating things like photo tabs with our engagement photos on one side and info on where to go for sneak peaks on the other! They were on constant watch with the weather to ensure we got all of the pictures we wanted throughout the day, and my family and friends had so much fun getting to know them, they are now asking me if we can have them do family portraits. When I was deciding on vendors, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to hire the best possible people to ensure my wedding day went perfect, and I was not disappointed. After receiving our engagement photos, and the incredible guest book we had them create, I knew I could trust them to take care of everything photography at our wedding. I am so happy and thankful I chose them, and cannot wait to get our album, not to mention I think additional albums are going to be the perfect holiday gifts for our family this Christmas!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016

Let me start by saying that I would have been absolutely lost without the help of Luke & Bre. I can honestly say hiring them was the best money spent. We live an hour away from our venue so all of our communication and planning took place via email, texts and phone calls and... Read More Bre rolled with it all, no problem. Here is the thing with having Luke and Bre as part of your team, you are getting so much more than a wedding photographer! Bre, literally, put together my entire day of schedule for me since I was lagging. When we hired them, we got a day of coordinator, hair fixer, boutonniere pinning, child entertainer, sounding board. Did I mention that Luke is a blast on the dance floor and truly adds excitement to the day? We have not received all of our wedding photos yet but based off of the sneak peaks alone I can tell you, don't hire anyone else! As I said the night of our wedding when I hugged them goodbye, we found our family photographers. We look forward to documenting our lives for year and years with Luke & Bre.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Gina M

Luke and Bre are amazing! As the mother of the groom and co-wedding planner, this duo-team put me at ease during the entire process. The kids had an instant connection with Luke and Bre - they were professional, artistic, funny and so easy to work with. Their planning and tips... Read More made the wedding day flow smoothly. The pictures are gorgeous and will be a treasured reminder of our son's fairy tale wedding for years to come. I would recommend 1985 Luke Photography to anyone looking for the BEST! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Spencer V

1985Luke exceeded our expectations. Luke and Bre are talented, passionate, and dedicated. They help you feel at ease and make taking photos fun. They shoot together so you will see photos of the same moment at different angles. Highly recommend working with 1985Luke for your... Read More wedding or special occasion.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Ashlee M

Luke and Bre were absolutely amazing! Not only did they provide us with the most beautiful photos but they really helped to make sure everything went smoothly on our big day. They are wildly talented and are so much fun to be around. All of our guests loved them and the... Read More wonderful pictures they took.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Justine L

Luke and Bre are the absolute BEST photographers you could ask for! We met them both when they photographed my brother and sister in laws wedding a little over a year ago and immediately knew we would use them for our wedding as well. They did both our engagement session and... Read More wedding, and although our wedding was only a week and half ago and we have received just our sneak peaks we are already in love with each photo! We can't wait to see the rest and relive our day forever. From start to finish Bre and Luke are on top of it!! They make it all so easy and smooth, with email reminders and timelines. They made our wedding so much fun, including a guest appearance of Luke's dance moves :) They are the sweetest couple, and truly made our wedding day and taking pictures so easy! We love them both and can't wait for them to photograph more life events down the road!!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Amanda I

Luke and Bre are the best! We were first drawn to them by the awesome pictures on their website and we were totally sold when we met them in person! They make you feel like you've known them forever. We booked them for the wedding and an engagement shoot beforehand. I wasn't... Read More initially sold on the idea of engagement photos (they can seem kind of cheesy sometimes!) but spending that time in front of their cameras really helped us loosen up and we absolutely love having those pictures of us! And the photos of the wedding itself were amazing - in addition to the formal, posed shots they really captured the fun/funny candid moments that I want to remember forever. Thanks Luke and Bre! We can't wait to book you guys for family portraits in the future :)

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Melissa V

Working with Luke and Bre was beyond our expectation! After researching Bay Area photographers online we narrowed it down to 2 choices based on quality of work and set up in person interviews. We instantly loved Luke and Bre the moment we met them. They have great chemistry... Read More with each other, put you at ease and truly make you feel as they are invested in you and your event. We had a blast during our engagement session. It's a little awkward having all the attention on you, but this was invaluable prep for the big day. We were able to get know both Luke and Bre better and you start feel like they are old friends. A big selling point for us is that they shoot side by side allowing them to capture the same moment from different angles. They met us in San Francisco for the shoot on a Sunday evening and after shooting for a bit decided that lighting at our preferred location would be better later. We ended up shooting for almost an extra hour past the 2 hour session. They went above and beyond sacrificing their time with a long drive home to get the perfect shots. And they day of the wedding was no exception. A few things didn't go as smoothly as planned the morning of the wedding and we were running about an hour behind. Bre jumped right in to help calm my nerves and help trouble shoot. She even helped fix a bridesmaid bouquet, clearly not in her job description. We took photos immediately after the ceremony and then they pulled us again at sunset for a few more shots. The biggest surprise was after they announced us at the reception, Luke was waiting on top of a hill and they gathered the entire wedding for a group shot. (We were married at a winery and had the reception on the back patio with rolling vineyard hills surrounding us allowing Luke to climb and get dirty!) We loved the preview and can't wait to see the rest of the photos! Booking 1985Luke for our wedding was the best decision we made. We not only love the quality of their work, but we also love that were able to get to know them!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Angela C

What can I say about Luke and Bre.. They helped to make our day absolutely flawless. Leading up to the day, responses were quick and timely. Day of, they have such a good routine set up and are full of helpful tips! Bre actually even made me a timeline... I basically gave them... Read More a bunch of random times that I thought some things might happen and somehow a timeline was sent to me. After the wedding we received a sneak peak of a good number of photos within days of the wedding. We expected the posed photos but the candid photos have us reliving the special moments over and over again. It felt more like we were hanging out with them during the day and there just happened to be a few cameras there. Thanks again you guys!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Chantel C

I have known Bre and Luke personally and have been following their work for some time. So, when it came time to find a photographer for my wedding- it was clearly a no brainer on who to call! I really can't say enough amazing things about these two! Not only are they amazing... Read More human beings but their work is impeccable. They listened to all my wants and needs and then exceeded my expectations. They posted a sneak peak of my photos within a couple weeks of my wedding and I seriously can't wait to see the rest of my photos because I LOVE every single picture. I highly recommend Bre and Luke to everyone for any special moment you want captured!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

Where do I start?! These two were so amazing from start to finish. I'll never forget the day I contacted Bre for my sisters wedding. She was so sweet, we spent almost an hour on the phone just talking. She made me feel so comfortable and I loved the fact that she wanted to make... Read More sure that my sister and her husband felt the same way. This is so important because you literally spend your whole wedding day with your photographers. Trust me, you want them to be as cool as Bre and Luke! Not only are they the cutest duo with the best personalities but their work is truly amazing. All our photos are gorgeous and we are so happy as a family that they were there to capture Natalie's unforgettable day. Bre and Luke run a very professional photography business and I highly recommend them for any of your photography needs.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Sierra R

5 stars is just not enough for Bre & Luke! If we could rate them higher, we would! My husband and I just got married on June 18th, 2016 and could not be happier with having Bre & Luke as our photographers! They seriously make you feel so at ease and comfortable.. like you have... Read More been friends forever! On top of being two of the coolest/sweetest people we've ever met, the fact that they are so flexible and easy going made our engagement pictures session and wedding day experience perfect! There is no need to look any further for photographers, it gets no better than 1985Luke Photography! :)

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Lauren B

Luke and Bre exceeded our expectations from the start! They always made sure to answer all of our questions (and there were a lot!) in a timely manner. Since we did not do engagement pictures, we met Bre and Luke face to face for the first time on our actual wedding date;... Read More however, it felt like we had known them for years! They were so easy to talk to and really helped navigate us throughout the night! We would recommend them to anyone! They are the definition of professional, talented, and fun!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Natalie A

Knocked our socks off! I can't say enough about this duo. Professional, patient, caring, outgoing, loving, funny, and absolutely the right choice. Without a doubt you will find everything you imagined working with these two on your special day. I am so grateful to have had the... Read More honor of Luke and Bre photograph us on our special day. Thanks guys!!! ( add some stars 5 is not enough.)