Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

7001 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ (480) 699-6220

Beautiful cakes!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Selah B

The cakes here were a little out of my budget for the wedding, but they are out of this world beautiful and delicious!! I highly recommend them!! Linda is a sweetheart!

Disorganized

Reviewed on 3/24/2015 Bri G

I don't normally write reviews - and I'm definitely not the kind to write scathing reviews, but 21 Cakes left me so disappointed and saddened. I called to make an appointment for a tasting with 21 Cakes almost two months in advance. The girl I spoke to on the phone was... Read More not knowledgeable. I told her when we'd be in town and asked to schedule a tasting for a Monday at 1pm. She took my name and said, "Okay, have a nice day!" To which I asked her if she needed my wedding date to confirm that they were available. She said, "Oh, yeah, what is it?" I told her, she said it'd be fine, and we hung up. She called me back ten minutes later to inform me that 21 Cakes does not do tastings on Mondays at all, nor do they do tastings after 1pm. Really? I gave her the benefit of the doubt and scheduled for the following day and left it at that. I called again a week before my appointment to confirm both the tasting itself and the wedding date was still available. Again, I was told all was well and they'd see me there. Then came the tasting. I will apologize in advance that I was 12 minutes late for the tasting - another appointment ran over but my FMIL was there on time and explained. However, when my fiance and I arrived we began the tasting, which was all right(Red Velvet was delicious, by the way. The vanilla stuck to the parchment and fell apart, which wasn't comforting). The owner sat down with us and, again, we were asked for our wedding date. I told her, and she immediately said, "I'm pretty sure we're closed that week." TWO MONTHS in advance I called to make the appointment and TWICE I confirmed that our date was available. The owner went in the back for a few minutes to "be sure," and then returned to tell us that they were definitely closed. To add insult to injury, she then said that due to the fact that we wanted only cupcakes and not a wedding cake (a detail that was not asked of us in the first place), it "wasn't worth it for them to come in" just for us. There weren't a lot of reviews on The Knot about 21 Cakes, but they were all 5 stars and their flavors sounded wonderful and their website is professional. Having said that, the whole process with them was not that of a professional bakery. It was incredibly upsetting. If you live in Scottsdale, I urge you to go and have a red velvet cupcake - it truly was delicious. If you're planning the most important day that is your wedding, I'd say plan for more tastings - I wish I had.

Delicious

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Allie B

21 cakes was easy to work with and their cake is delicious. We had changed our design on our cake about a month and a half prior to our wedding and it was not a problem at all. In fact they told us we could change it up to three days before if we wanted to. We wanted a cake that... Read More represented us and on our cake we put our two cats peaking out from underneath the frosting. It turned out so cute and the fake cats looked like our cats. My only regret is that I wish I would have eaten more of it!

AMAZING Cupcakes!

Reviewed on 12/09/2013 Christen D

When we started looking at bakeries for our wedding cupcakes, I was skeptical that there could really be THAT big of a difference from one place to the next, and 21 Cakes could NOT have proved me more wrong! We had three different flavors of cupcakes and a fourth flavor for... Read More our small wedding cake to cut and every single one was incredible! Our guests raved about them and we cannot wait to go back for more! We had a bit of an issue in planning delivery due to our plans changing and needing to add it last minute, but Linda herself made sure everything arrived on time and without a hitch! We would absolutely recommend their services to anyone for any event or simply a sweet tooth craving!

Nice!

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Pamella R

Nice place

My wedding cake and macaroons

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Brittany L

Loved how Cysco decorated the cake ! It was beautiful . We had three layers and each one was a different flavor . It was very yummy . They won't use cream cheese for any of the cakes since it dosent hold up , which was the only bummer .:/ but everything tasted amazing and was... Read More beautiful . Macaroons are incredible as well , guests love them .

Cake

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Alecia E

Good

Yummy!

Reviewed on 6/02/2012 JENNIFER M

The best cupcakes! And the most lovely people!