Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

3470 Veterans Drive, Traverse City, MI (231) 735-3933

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Jordyn Z

Travis kept all of our guests on the dance floor all night long. The music selections were great and it was everything we hoped for!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Jennifer B

These guys are awesome. They kept everybody on the floor. They listened to our specific requests and kept us on schedule the whole night. They are really professionals and were awesome.

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Vanessa T

OMG 2Bays DJs are seriously SO GOOD. They kept our dance floor FULL the entire time. Dan did a amazing job MCing the event and mixing all our requests perfectly. We were absolutely blown away by Dan and our guests were too. They are still talking about it. SO MUCH FUN. I... Read More highly recommend 2bdays DJs for your wedding. amazing amazing amazing. the best. the best. the best.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Janiece B

Alex at 2 Bays DJs did a WONDERFUL job! He is great at reading the crowd and mixing the music so that the entire dance floor was packed from start to finish. They were professional and friendly throughout the entire process and will go out of their way to make sure your day is... Read More exactly what you're looking for. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kate W

Scott was amazing! He did such a wonderful job from the second the ceremony started to the very last song at the reception. His music selections were spot on and created an excitement and energy that kept the dance floor full all night. He made sure that the head table was set... Read More on drinks prior to the start of the toasts, appeased any last minute requests, and made sure that the reception flowed seamlessly. Thanks Scott for the best dance party ever! I want to do it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Taylor B

Well I have officially been married to my best friend for a month now and have had time to fully reflect on the experiance and all of the components that made my wedding weekend the best of my life. Something that I keep coming back to was the amount of unbridled energy we had... Read More from start to finish. This was not just because all of my friends are awesome. This was in large part due to the amazing job Scott and Dan (co-owners of 2baysdjs) did. These guys are not only professional they are just down right great humans. They engaged and interacted with all of my guest in a way that made everyone feel like they were a huge part of our experiance (which was the goal). They handled stressful situations from other vendors with skill and never let my wife or me see them sweat. I only plan on getting married once but I absolutely plan on hiring these guys again for a future event. I live in NYC and got married on Nantucket island. These pros drove across the country for my special day and I am so grateful. If you have the oppertunity (they book up fast) this was the single best decision I made when planning my wedding. Kudos to the great guys from Traverse City that brought midwest hospitality to the frosty east coast!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Amanda C

I would give them 10 stars if I could! 2BaysDJs came to my rescue after losing a DJ from another company only a month before my wedding. Josh was excellent for our wedding at The Homestead - Camp Firefly. Not only did he keep everyone on the dance floor, but it's obvious he has... Read More a real passion for being a DJ. He made our night more fun than I could have imagined and even offered to help as needed with other things happening at the reception. This is a STRESS FREE DJ service with a user friendly client portal to accommodate special requests and to coordinate your timeline for the evening. I got so many compliments from my guests on the DJ and never left the dance floor! I felt so lucky to have Josh as my DJ!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Sara F

2Bays DJ's was the best recommendation I got when planning my wedding! Dan Kenny was so great to work with and he kept people out on the dance floor all evening. We had guests coming up to us all night complementing our choice in DJ. I would recommend Dan from 2Bays DJ's to... Read More anyone planning a wedding. Thank you so much, Dan - not only for making our wedding a party to remember, but for being such a joy to work with!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Karah S

Brian did an awesome job!!! So many people commented on how great the music was and were surprised Kyle and I didn't hand pick every song! Thanks for making our reception so fun!!

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Tillie R

Dan Kenny from 2Bays DJ's rocked our wedding!! Not only did he keep everyone on the dance floor but he was crucial in guiding our reception along seamlessly. Dan and 2Bays know how to DJ! I would not go through anyone else. Thanks a bunch!

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Emily C

Thank you so much 2 Bays DJS! Our wedding on 9/12/15 was absolutely amazing thanks to you guys! You were so easy to work with (getting quotes, requesting music, etc). It was so nice to be able to meet with Dan and Travis before the event over a cup of coffee in Traverse City... Read More when I was visiting since I do not live in town. Travis DJ'd our wedding and was OUTSTANDING. I have NEVER been to a wedding with SO many people dancing! People are still talking to us months later about how much fun they had and how great the music was. They may not be the cheapest DJ in the Traverse area, but if you want to have a fun wedding and keep the crowd dancing it is SO worth the extra money! We were planning to have the dancing end by 11:00 and it was going until after midnight...people did not want to leave! Thanks so much again Travis! -Emily

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Incredibly easy to book, work with and WOW did they run our wedding PERFECTLY. Scott was professional, fun, managed everything to a tee and played the greatest variety of music from motown to top 40. He didn't talk to much or try to put on a show, he nailed it. We are so... Read More grateful we picked 2Bays for our wedding and would recommend them to anyone. Great price, great service, good people! Thank you!!!!

Great music

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Laura S

Great variety of music and is great to work with. Listens to what you want and is very helpful.

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 Susan W

We couldn't be happier with our experience with 2Bays for our Frankfort area wedding. Dan was friendly and professional in all communications leading up to the wedding. The online tool for timeline and music selection form made planning super easy. On the day of our wedding,... Read More Kevin kept everything moving smoothly. He was a great MC through the welcome, toasts, and first dances. He filled the floor from the first song and people did not sit down for three hours. I have had so many compliments on how great the dance party at our wedding was! You are always nervous of whether or not people will dance at your wedding - but if you pick 2Bays you won't have to worry! Thank you!

2Bays DJ - Northern Michigan Wedding

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Brent Z

2Bays DJ provided the music for our wedding at the Inn at Bay Harbor. Luke was our DJ for the night and did a fantastic job. They provided all of the audio work for our ceremony, dinner, and reception. 2Bays is great, as their website really allows for you to provide all the... Read More necessary details for how you want your wedding to go in terms of music. Luke did a fantastic job of not only taking our song requests that we submitted, but really using it as a guide for the type of music and tone we were looking to set for our wedding. We had 140 guests at our wedding, from ages 18-80. I have had so many guests say they have never had more fun dancing at a wedding and the dance floor was packed the entire evening. I think a lot of the credit for this goes to Luke and 2Bays, as they really made sure to put together a great mix of music that everyone at the wedding could enjoy and dance to. Our photographer told us she had never seen a party so crazy at the Inn as our dance floor was. When we were looking for our DJ, we noted that a lot of the DJ companies in the Petoskey area seemed to be a little older and didn't really vibe with the type of reception party we were looking to have. 2Bays seemed like they were a little more in touch with modern music trends and that definitely turned out to be the case. If you are looking for a DJ company that has a great appreciation for music and knows how to put on a great party, you should definitely book 2Bays for your Northern Michigan wedding. I cannot recommend them enough. And if you are looking for a great DJ, make sure to ask for Luke.

Amazing

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Amy S

2 Bay DJ's is fantastic! Honestly, I am very picky when it comes to DJ's and they were worth every penny. I made sure to have the main DJ, Scott, and he did not fail me at all. I was worried having a DJ because in the past I have heard/seen DJ's be super obnoxious and annoying,... Read More Scott was professional and talented. We had people on the dance floor all night long! I had MULTIPLE people come up to me through out the night and tell me how awesome he was. A great DJ really pulls the whole night together and 2 Bay DJ's did just that. THANK YOU!

2bays DJ rocks!!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2014 Jeannie D

We had Dan Kenny with 2bays DJ for our outdoor/barn wedding and were absolutely THRILLED with how the day and night turned out! The planning process was seamless and Dan was available to help with all our questions. He provided outdoor sound for our ceremony and cocktail hour... Read More and did an awesome job accommodating our love of indie/alternative music with popular oldies and top40s to appeal to everyone. The dance floor was full throughout the evening and we received many compliments on the DJ after the wedding. The only downside was that the reception/dancing couldn't last longer!

Scott is AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Briann B

We hired 2Bays DJ's after meeting with Scott Perry. He was very knowledgeable and professional. We had two requests. The first was that we wanted him to keep people on the dance floor and he went above and beyond with that! Anytime people started walking off he would play a... Read More different song and the dance floor would be packed again! The 2nd request was that we didn't want people to be clanking their glasses for us to kiss. So Scott devised a brilliant plan that whenever anyone wanted us to kiss they had to walk up with a partner to the DJ's platform, clank a glass once, and kiss that partner. My husband and I then had to imitate that kiss. We only had about 4 couples come up and kiss. It was way better than being interrupted every 5 minutes when you're either trying to eat or talk to your guests. I would recommend 2Bays DJ's for any occasion!!!

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 ashley m

Scott made our reception absolutely flawless. He chose perfect music to fit the mood of our ceremony and dinner. He kept everyone dancing from the beginning all the way to the end. I couldn't imagine there is a better DJ out there than Scott. (The best part of booking 2Bays DJs... Read More was knowing even if we didn't get Scott for our wedding, we completed trusted and were more than happy with any of the other DJs with the company. I am a vendor myself, and 2Bay DJs is perfect every single time.) I truly couldn't recommend them more.

BEST DJ!

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Sarah R

We were lucky enough to have Alex with 2 Bays DJ's for our wedding. From the second we walked into the reception hall, he ROCKED the house! The dance floor was full the entire duration of the reception. We truly couldn't have asked for a more perfect DJ. Throughout the... Read More reception we received non-stop compliments on how fantastic the DJ was. Weeks later and we're still hearing compliments. Go with 2 Bays DJ's! They're fabulous! Thank you, Alex! :)

Danced the Night Away!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Courtney M

My husband and I are so glad we chose 2Bays DJs for our wedding. Alex was our DJ and he was awesome! He had everyone up and dancing and he even joined us on the dance floor! We can't even describe how much fun we had. My husband and I didn't ever leave the dance floor. We also... Read More never had any problems with communication with the company. Any questions we had were answered immediately. I can't tell you how nice that is when planning a wedding! Thanks 2Bays! And especially thanks to Alex!

Outstanding DJ

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Kerry C

My husband and I were married in June in Traverse City, Michigan. We worked with a local event planner to prepare for the big day and she insisted that Scott from 2Bays DJ's was the best in town and would keep guests dancing all night long. We could not have made a better... Read More decision hiring 2Bays for the sound at our wedding. Everything from the dinner music, the toasts and dancing was perfectly executed. Scott had a fantastic music selection that suited each part of the day. 2Bays had great equipment and also helped provide lighting at the reception, which was great. He and his team are so fun to work with and very professional. We would highly recommend Scott and his team to anyone planning a wedding in Northern Michigan and beyond!

Oh what a night!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

2Bays DJs rocked my wedding from start to finish. We used them for the ceremony and things went flawlessly. Even though we were running late almost all day, Kevin kept us on track and going smooth. Would definitely recommend them to friends and family.

Thank you 2Bays DJs I strongly recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

We had Dan from 2Bays DJs and he was totally awesome! Prior to my wedding (August 2013) at the Top of the Park in Traverse City, MI I was able to do a ton of planning via their website, with their client area login which was super easy to navigate. I filled out a planning form... Read More and a event timeline, so I could plan what time I wanted things to occur, such as the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, best man’s speech and also included the wedding party’s names, etc. This made the night run super easy, so Dan could get things started and do introductions. Also I loved that we could request music prior to the wedding, and request music for the bride and groom dance and other special dances. Having the client login is so smart and makes all the wedding planning so easy! I spoke to Dan briefly a few days before the wedding regarding ceremony music, which I totally left up to him and put all the trust in his hands regarding what music I (the bride) should walk down the aisle to and the rest of the bridal party, because I hadn’t a clue what to pick! He did the ceremony beautifully, the music was perfect… I have watched my wedding video a million times with family and friends and we all cry, because the music fit our ceremony so perfectly! During cocktail hour we had conversation music and during the reception the music was music that everyone could dance to and had fun with! We still hear wave reviews from our wedding guests about our music from our wedding! Our guests have all said Dan was the best dj ever and that was the most that they have ever danced at a wedding! Dan was so cool too! He was having fun with all of our guests which made it an even better experience than a boring old guy! 2Bays DJs are young but they are totally cool, fun and they know what they’re doing and will give you what you want! Thank you 2Bays DJs I strongly recommend them to anyone, the search is honestly over, they’re the best hands down!

Top of the Park reception

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

I had seen 2Bays DJs in the knot shortly after I was engaged. After looking at their website and was positive that I needed them for my wedding. They were so thorough with the planning process that I never felt stressed or overwhelmed with any of the music decisions. The website... Read More was super easy to navigate through and make choices on my time and the comfort of my own home. I was able to search songs I love and listen right from the website along with listing the songs in preference of playing. I couldn't be more pleased with out the day went and the way Scott Perry ran the reception. He did such a good job that even one of my guests booked his company for her next years wedding! If you want to eliminate stress that a bride may feel, go with 2Bays DJs!