Reception, Wedding

824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

3470 Veterans Drive, Traverse City, MI (231) 715-6544

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Sarah B

Working with 2bays DJs was such a blast! They’re such a fun group and worked with us to make all of our music so personal. They made sure we kept to our timeline and truly helped the overall flow of our wedding. Their online platform is so easy to use and they were in constant... Read More contact with us to make sure we had all areas of our wedding covered music wise. They made sure names were pronounced correctly and truly brought a great vibe to our wedding! I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Anne R

We had Travis as our DJ for our August wedding reception at a private country club. He was AWESOME and totally kept the energy positive the whole time! He checked with the bridal party to line us up for the introductions and even let us hang out a couple extra minutes to catch... Read More out breath and let the photographer take some candid shots during the cocktail hour. We walked into 'You Sexy Thing' by Hot Chocolate. It was GREAT. He even set up an extra speaker and mics so we could do toasts on the lawn outside. Travis called me a couple days before the wedding to check in and make sure everything was going smoothly and he'd have a place to set up. He was super nice and even let us do odd things like share out father-daughter mother-son dance and halfway through we invited all the other mother-son and father-daughters in the audience to join us! He also encouraged everyone to go see the sunset over Lake Michigan - the out of town guests loved it. The best thing of all, was that nothing really stood out to me that night in terms of the whole DJ process and I think thats the way it should be! It should be so smooth and natural that the Bride & Groom can have a ball and not worry about whats going wrong or right! I would definitely recommend these guys!!! The site they provide to pick out songs takes a hot second to get used to, but if you save often, you can literally pick out all the songs you want in their "love it", "Like it", and "DO NOT PLAY" list. It was very easy to use and I found every song I wanted. They also have a timeline tab that you fill everything in on and can leave notes. Travis knew everything to a 'T'. A++++!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Jerry S

We were married back in August on a private property and 2Bays DJ's handled everything without a hitch. The ceremony, the speeches, and of course the dancing. I worked with Dan from the beginning and he was very prompt and professional. Alex was our DJ and he showed up prepared... Read More and ran everything smoothly. We even had a custom MOH rap speech which he worked with and helped make happen without my wife and I knowing, super awesome service! Our dance floor was packed all night and the music didn't stop. Had numerous comments about the dancing from our guests. This is not your average DJ who shows up with a playlist, definitely worth the money and highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Amanda D

Me: "Hi, I'm insane and cannot pick a DJ because I'm too scared to commit and I want the best party/wedding of all time and I like to control every song played every second." 2Bays: "We got you!" BEST DECISION EVER!!!! I was the type of bride that wanted to micromanage all of... Read More my music and pick every song.. When it got down to it, I didn't have the time to make my music list and told Dan to just keep people moving (and don't play disco haha).... and that he did! Seriously, every single person at my wedding was dancing the whole time.. EVERY. PERSON! THE WHOLE TIME!!! People are still calling me saying how amazing the DJ was and how amazing the songs were and the sound and everything! Don't look any further for the perfect DJ... this is it. TRUST ME!!!! It was the best party! Just how my husband and I wanted! :) Thank you Dan and 2Bays!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Alyson L

I knew hiring 2Bays was a good move based on the reviews I read, but I didn't realize just HOW amazing they were until our wedding day. Scott was our DJ, and due to some scheduling conflicts on our end, we didn't get much of a chance to talk before our wedding day. I sent him an... Read More email with a general list of songs we liked, and to say he *got us* would be an understatement. He found a way to make our wedding completely us and totally entertaining for our guests. So many people told us it was the best dance party they've ever been to. One engaged couple even said they were going to cancel their DJ after seeing what 2Bays could do. Everything was professional, on-schedule, and so, SO fun! I can't wait to find a reason to hire them again. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Liz K

Where do I begin...THESE GUYS ROCK! I'll start with the first meeting with had with Scotty. Our first meeting we went over the songs we wanted for the standard Grand Entrance, Cake Cutting and of course fist dances, we knew what songs we wanted (kind of), but really wanted more... Read More of an original feel. We looked to Scotty for his suggestions, and guidance on what he thought would make an awesome soundtrack to our perfect night. Without hesitation he delivered. Nothing but the most amazing night, and music for our perfect day. Everyone to this day is STILL talking about how amazing our DJ was, and they keep asking if we can redo it all over again...the answer is I will never throw a party without 2 BAYS as our DJ. Don't even think twice about booking them, just DO IT! you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Caite M

Dan Kenny and 2Bays DJs completely exceeded our expectations for our September wedding in Leland. For starters, Dan was incredibly nice and generous with his time any time we had random questions about reception or wedding ceremony details. We got married at a vineyard that... Read More wasn't equipped for sound during the outdoor ceremony. We hadn't known this until the week of, but Dan came to the rescue last minute by setting up speakers and microphones for the ceremony itself. As for the reception, 2Bays had an incredibly comprehensive website that allowed us to (a) plan the entire timeline for the reception (detailed enough that we were able to schedule specific songs for different times, and allowed us to roughly track where we were in the night), (b) give proper pronunciations & intro music for the wedding party, and (c) create a very thorough "love" and "hate" list of songs. Dan knocked it out of the park, and had everyone on the dance floor all night. I can't recommend these guys enough, and would be happy to give a personal recommendation should anyone have any further questions on which DJ to go with.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Lindsay H

These guys are the best in the business. Not just the best DJs but also topped the list of the best wedding vendors we worked with. Some folks in the family had some quiet skepticism about getting a DJ at the wedding - they didn't think a DJ could do as well as a live band.... Read More These same people couldn't stop talking about how awesome 2Bays DJs were the next day. These guys made our wedding night even more incredible - simply EVERYBODY was on the dance floor. My mother said my father had never danced so much in his entire life. The dance floor just didn't stop. Unbelievable. Thank you guys!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Jenna N

I have been to several weddings where they have and always had an awesome time! I was so happy to finally have the honor of having them dj my wedding! They are so easy to work with, always quick to respond to any questions, always willing to work with you on making your wedding... Read More the most special day possible. And the best part, you never have to feel obligated to provide a song list, they will always play good music and keep the party going. Would definately recommend them to anyone and everyone! Scott was my dj and both of my sisters, and he's awesome! Love love love them!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Jordyn Z

Travis kept all of our guests on the dance floor all night long. The music selections were great and it was everything we hoped for!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Jennifer B

These guys are awesome. They kept everybody on the floor. They listened to our specific requests and kept us on schedule the whole night. They are really professionals and were awesome.

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Vanessa T

OMG 2Bays DJs are seriously SO GOOD. They kept our dance floor FULL the entire time. Dan did a amazing job MCing the event and mixing all our requests perfectly. We were absolutely blown away by Dan and our guests were too. They are still talking about it. SO MUCH FUN. I... Read More highly recommend 2bdays DJs for your wedding. amazing amazing amazing. the best. the best. the best.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Janiece B

Alex at 2 Bays DJs did a WONDERFUL job! He is great at reading the crowd and mixing the music so that the entire dance floor was packed from start to finish. They were professional and friendly throughout the entire process and will go out of their way to make sure your day is... Read More exactly what you're looking for. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kate W

Scott was amazing! He did such a wonderful job from the second the ceremony started to the very last song at the reception. His music selections were spot on and created an excitement and energy that kept the dance floor full all night. He made sure that the head table was set... Read More on drinks prior to the start of the toasts, appeased any last minute requests, and made sure that the reception flowed seamlessly. Thanks Scott for the best dance party ever! I want to do it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Taylor B

Well I have officially been married to my best friend for a month now and have had time to fully reflect on the experiance and all of the components that made my wedding weekend the best of my life. Something that I keep coming back to was the amount of unbridled energy we had... Read More from start to finish. This was not just because all of my friends are awesome. This was in large part due to the amazing job Scott and Dan (co-owners of 2baysdjs) did. These guys are not only professional they are just down right great humans. They engaged and interacted with all of my guest in a way that made everyone feel like they were a huge part of our experiance (which was the goal). They handled stressful situations from other vendors with skill and never let my wife or me see them sweat. I only plan on getting married once but I absolutely plan on hiring these guys again for a future event. I live in NYC and got married on Nantucket island. These pros drove across the country for my special day and I am so grateful. If you have the oppertunity (they book up fast) this was the single best decision I made when planning my wedding. Kudos to the great guys from Traverse City that brought midwest hospitality to the frosty east coast!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Amanda C

I would give them 10 stars if I could! 2BaysDJs came to my rescue after losing a DJ from another company only a month before my wedding. Josh was excellent for our wedding at The Homestead - Camp Firefly. Not only did he keep everyone on the dance floor, but it's obvious he has... Read More a real passion for being a DJ. He made our night more fun than I could have imagined and even offered to help as needed with other things happening at the reception. This is a STRESS FREE DJ service with a user friendly client portal to accommodate special requests and to coordinate your timeline for the evening. I got so many compliments from my guests on the DJ and never left the dance floor! I felt so lucky to have Josh as my DJ!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Sara F

2Bays DJ's was the best recommendation I got when planning my wedding! Dan Kenny was so great to work with and he kept people out on the dance floor all evening. We had guests coming up to us all night complementing our choice in DJ. I would recommend Dan from 2Bays DJ's to... Read More anyone planning a wedding. Thank you so much, Dan - not only for making our wedding a party to remember, but for being such a joy to work with!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Karah S

Brian did an awesome job!!! So many people commented on how great the music was and were surprised Kyle and I didn't hand pick every song! Thanks for making our reception so fun!!

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Tillie R

Dan Kenny from 2Bays DJ's rocked our wedding!! Not only did he keep everyone on the dance floor but he was crucial in guiding our reception along seamlessly. Dan and 2Bays know how to DJ! I would not go through anyone else. Thanks a bunch!

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Emily C

Thank you so much 2 Bays DJS! Our wedding on 9/12/15 was absolutely amazing thanks to you guys! You were so easy to work with (getting quotes, requesting music, etc). It was so nice to be able to meet with Dan and Travis before the event over a cup of coffee in Traverse City... Read More when I was visiting since I do not live in town. Travis DJ'd our wedding and was OUTSTANDING. I have NEVER been to a wedding with SO many people dancing! People are still talking to us months later about how much fun they had and how great the music was. They may not be the cheapest DJ in the Traverse area, but if you want to have a fun wedding and keep the crowd dancing it is SO worth the extra money! We were planning to have the dancing end by 11:00 and it was going until after midnight...people did not want to leave! Thanks so much again Travis! -Emily

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Incredibly easy to book, work with and WOW did they run our wedding PERFECTLY. Scott was professional, fun, managed everything to a tee and played the greatest variety of music from motown to top 40. He didn't talk to much or try to put on a show, he nailed it. We are so... Read More grateful we picked 2Bays for our wedding and would recommend them to anyone. Great price, great service, good people! Thank you!!!!

Great music

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Laura S

Great variety of music and is great to work with. Listens to what you want and is very helpful.

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 Susan W

We couldn't be happier with our experience with 2Bays for our Frankfort area wedding. Dan was friendly and professional in all communications leading up to the wedding. The online tool for timeline and music selection form made planning super easy. On the day of our wedding,... Read More Kevin kept everything moving smoothly. He was a great MC through the welcome, toasts, and first dances. He filled the floor from the first song and people did not sit down for three hours. I have had so many compliments on how great the dance party at our wedding was! You are always nervous of whether or not people will dance at your wedding - but if you pick 2Bays you won't have to worry! Thank you!

2Bays DJ - Northern Michigan Wedding

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Brent Z

2Bays DJ provided the music for our wedding at the Inn at Bay Harbor. Luke was our DJ for the night and did a fantastic job. They provided all of the audio work for our ceremony, dinner, and reception. 2Bays is great, as their website really allows for you to provide all the... Read More necessary details for how you want your wedding to go in terms of music. Luke did a fantastic job of not only taking our song requests that we submitted, but really using it as a guide for the type of music and tone we were looking to set for our wedding. We had 140 guests at our wedding, from ages 18-80. I have had so many guests say they have never had more fun dancing at a wedding and the dance floor was packed the entire evening. I think a lot of the credit for this goes to Luke and 2Bays, as they really made sure to put together a great mix of music that everyone at the wedding could enjoy and dance to. Our photographer told us she had never seen a party so crazy at the Inn as our dance floor was. When we were looking for our DJ, we noted that a lot of the DJ companies in the Petoskey area seemed to be a little older and didn't really vibe with the type of reception party we were looking to have. 2Bays seemed like they were a little more in touch with modern music trends and that definitely turned out to be the case. If you are looking for a DJ company that has a great appreciation for music and knows how to put on a great party, you should definitely book 2Bays for your Northern Michigan wedding. I cannot recommend them enough. And if you are looking for a great DJ, make sure to ask for Luke.

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Amy S

2 Bay DJ's is fantastic! Honestly, I am very picky when it comes to DJ's and they were worth every penny. I made sure to have the main DJ, Scott, and he did not fail me at all. I was worried having a DJ because in the past I have heard/seen DJ's be super obnoxious and annoying,... Read More Scott was professional and talented. We had people on the dance floor all night long! I had MULTIPLE people come up to me through out the night and tell me how awesome he was. A great DJ really pulls the whole night together and 2 Bay DJ's did just that. THANK YOU!