Book Your Wedding with 413 on Wacouta Event Center

A BALLROOM IN SAINT PAUL , MN

Traditional weddings are beautiful, but some brides want to push the envelope a bit. If you're in the mood for a venue that's chic, historic and artistic all wrapped in one, check out 413 on Wacouta Event Center in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Between the building and bride and groom, there's a lot with which to fall in love.

It's hard to find a more picturesque location for wedding photos. The alley right outside is a popular spot for black-and-white pictures. It's wide enough for classic bridal party shots and family photographs. Aged brickwork and arched windows make it stylish enough for everything else. It's especially ideal for boy-meets-girl poses.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better: welcome to the rooftop; think spacious and cool. Other brick buildings make a nice backdrop for a slow dance with just the two of you. It gives the bride and groom some private time to enjoy a cocktail or two in a romantic spot. Don't forget to head to the roof come evening to capture some unforgettable photos in front of the setting sun.

Of course, photographic opportunities aren't the only advantage you find at 413 on Wacouta Event Center. There are also carefully decorated event venues that make a lasting impression on everyone present.

The Ceremony Suite is a romantic space especially designed for your ceremony. Everyone sees the large stained-glass chandelier first and then the golden tin ceiling next, but those aren't the only artistic touches. Light-colored wood and elegant wall sconces add warmth to the room. Silken drapes and antique wood paneling provide the finishing touches for a vintage wedding ceremony. This venue has a capacity for 150 seated guests, not counting the bridal party.

The Reception Event Center has room for 200 for a sit-down meal and dancing. This space is a mixture of art and tradition with limestone walls, exposed beam ceilings and hints of painted metal. The space also features chandeliers and hanging lights that create subtle illumination and a relaxed atmosphere.

Aside from the picture-ideal event spaces, 413 on Wacouta Event Center is a great choice for other reasons as well. First of all, you get exclusive access to the building on your wedding day, which makes setup easy in addition to making the occasion feel more intimate. From the very beginning, you receive the help of an experienced wedding coordinator for everything from choosing a caterer and other vendors to deciding on your wedding theme and finding decor that matches.

One item to keep in mind is that even though all pre-event services are complimentary, there is an hourly fee for day-of coordination. You must choose your caterer from a list of approved vendors, but there is no food or beverage minimum. If you want to bring your own beer and wine, there's a hosted bar option too. Linens, gold candelabras and table seating cards are available for an additional cost.

The staff at 413 on Wacouta Event Center wants you to feel as stress-free and happy as possible. The following amenities are included with your ceremony and reception package to sweeten the deal even more.

• Hospitality suite and dressing room for the bridal party
  • Reception Chiavari chairs and cushions
  • All tables
  • Colored lighting
  • Custom pin lighting
  • Dance floor
  • Separate Chiavari chairs and cushions for the ceremony
  • Included rehearsal

413 on Wacouta Event Center

The exposed wood ceiling beams along with limestone and exposed brick walls give this venue industrial character with warmth and charm. 11 caterers, NO Food/Beverage Minimums, BYOB Bar option. Located in Lowertown, Saint Paul, we offer a historic venue off Mears Park for your Wedding Ceremony/Reception. Capacity: Ceremony Suite: 40-150 Reception: 75-200

Ballroom, Historic Venue

413 Wacouta Street, SAINT PAUL , MN (651) 293-0413

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Sarah S

My dream wedding came true thanks to Britty & team at 413 on Wacouta! Britty sold us from the moment we walked in. Not only was the venue absolutely gorgeous, but she is a complete expert in wedding day planning. I was assured right away that everything would be flawless, and it... Read More was!! I am very grateful that we had the assistance of setting up, the rehearsal, take down, and connecting with all vendors leaving me stress free the day of the event. Thank you Britty for making my wedding day absolutely perfect!

2017-07-07T17:42:00 Response from the vendor

It was SUCH an honor hosting your wedding day, Andrea!! Thank you for your kind words <3 <3 -Britty

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Mattea A

As soon as we toured 413 and met Britty we knew that's where we wanted to celebrate our wedding. The space is beautiful--intimate and romantic with the gorgeous historical features. Britty, Toni, and Joan were an absolute dream to work with. Britty answered all of our (many)... Read More questions promptly and was more than willing to offer suggestions and advice when we needed it throughout the planning process. Toni and Joan took care of us as well as our guests with the utmost care. This dream team made our day so incredibly stress-free! We had no worries that things would go smoothly. Britty has also put together a great list of vendors and we had great experience with each and every one of her recommendations. 413 was more than well worth the value!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Dawn B

We recently held our ceremony and reception at 413 on Wacouta. Britty and her team were extremely easy to work with and delivered on everything that was promised. We were seeking more of a low-maintenance situation where didn't have to think through every planning decision... Read More ourselves and instead could rely on an expert to guide us. Britty made excellent recommendations without being pushy or trying to push us towards particular vendors. She definitely listened to what we wanted and guided us accordingly. We originally planned to hold our ceremony outdoors at Mears Park. When the weather didn't cooperate we were able to quickly change plans and move everything inside without missing a beat. I would certainly recommend 413 on Wacouta to anyone looking for a beautiful space and a stress-free wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Claire T

As soon as we met with Britty (owner/operator) we knew we had to have our wedding at 413 on Wacouta! The venue is gorgeous and has so many unique historical touches that you hardly need any additional decor to make your wedding beautiful. Britty was extremely helpful and... Read More attentive during the planning process, and was even willing to meet with us extra times to go over details. It was basically like having a built-in wedding planner! Britty also made working with other vendors for our wedding easy because of her great reputation and connections with vendors. She helped handle so many of the details and coordinated things to make our job easy. Having our ceremony and reception in one location was a huge plus, and 413 on Wacouta has great spaces for both. The BYOB bar option for the reception was such a bonus, and the bartender was so helpful at our reception. On our wedding day Britty and her team made sure everything went smoothly and handled so many of the little details - we didn't have to worry about a single thing. The staff (Joan and Toni) went out of their way to help us pack up decor at the end of the night and were so attentive to our guests and a pleasure to work with. Having our wedding at 413 on Wacouta was everything we imagined and more. Working with Britty and her staff of true professionals made our experience so great and we would recommend 413 on Wacouta to anyone!

2017-11-13T10:03:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you soooo much for taking the time to review your experience with us, Claire!! You were a stunning Bride and your organization made my life easy :) Thank you for being so wonderful to work with! Wishing you and Jeron all the best!! <3... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Michelle L

We chose 413 Wacouta after our first visit. The space (both ceremony and reception) were beautiful, intimate and perfect for what we envisioned on our wedding day. We were not let down - Britty and her staff were top notch - responsive to questions and very professional. We... Read More appreciated the direction during rehearsal and the ability ( due to the venue not being booked the night before) to set up the night before. We had a photo booth on the main level , which was the perfect space and allowed our guests to move around some. We received nothing but compliments on the space and people loved the location. We would highly recommend 413 for your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Bethany B

Thank you to Britty, Toni, and everyone at 413 on Wacouta for making our wedding a dream come true! The venue is gorgeous and requires hardly any decorating, there's lots of great places in the area for photos, and the BYOB option is a huge bonus. However, the best part of all... Read More is Britty and Toni! Britty was wondering about answering any questions we had and coordinating with all our vendors. Toni was incredible for our rehearsal and the day-of by helping coordinate everything and ensure everything went even better than I'd hoped. Thank you!!

2017-10-18T17:04:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Bethany!! Oh my goodness, photos of your wedding day were truly stunning. And your firefighter ax cake-cutting photos are epic!! All the best to you and Kevin!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Alexandra H

Your search stops here. The decision to have our wedding ceremony and reception here was by far the best decision my husband and I made regarding our wedding. Britty was absolutely wonderful to work with. There is no better venue owner and coordinator in the business. She... Read More was incredibly sweet, helpful, accommodating. My husband and I wanted a nice fall wedding on September 23rd and we actually got a ridiculously, record-breakingly hot day. And when the A/C unexpectedly went out in the ceremony suite , Britty made us incredibly comfortable by offering our guests and the wedding party extra water and by bringing in fans. Not to mention the fact that Britty is amazing at handling unexpected surprises from over-zealous family members. The venue itself is gorgeous. If you're looking for a rustic downtown St. Paul feel, this is the right spot! We did not need to add any of our own decorations to the ceremony suite and had very minimal decoration in the reception hall downstairs (only small floral centerpieces). The decor of the venue does your job for you. If I could go back and do it again, I would absolutely hands-down pick 413 and Britty for our big day!

2017-10-18T17:09:30 Response from the vendor

Alexandra! WHEW- that weather was ridiculous! You guys handled it like champs, thank you for understanding! Luckily we were able to cool things down and all went smoothly. Congratulations to you and Matthew... wishing you and your families all the best!! XO

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Laney A

When we walked into 413 on Wacouta, our mouths dropped. It was a dream: the look, the accommodations, the experience we could give to our friends and family... it was perfect! Any plan, trend or idea I ran by Britty and her staff, they accommodated to, making our day absolutely... Read More perfect. I can’t rave enough about how great our experience was, the support we were given and the love that grew out of that day. 413 was OUR venue; the perfect place that represented US. Thank you Britty for giving us memories that will last a lifetime!

2017-10-16T22:26:46 Response from the vendor

Aww - this is so, so sweet. Thank you, Laney!! I can't believe we are coming up on one year since your big day. I hope all is well!! <3 Thank you for the kind words!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Megan D

413 on Wacouta was the first venue we toured - and we knew right away it was the one. The ceremony room is beautiful, and the reception room is so cool an unique. You hardly need to decorate because of how amazing the space already is. Britty was so wonderful to work with! She... Read More is such a nice person and gives you everything you need to make your wedding day what you want. There is also many cool places around the venue to take photos at! Our day could not have been more perfect :)

2017-10-16T22:30:55 Response from the vendor

Megan- your day was absolutely perfect!!! All the best to you and Travis!! <3 <3

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Stephanie C

As soon as we toured 413 we knew immediately we wanted to have our wedding here. Britty and her team did an excellent job on executing our wedding day from start to finish. The venue was beautiful and all our questions were answered promptly with recommendations and advise. We... Read More got everything we asked and hopped for.

2017-10-16T22:33:10 Response from the vendor

YAY! You two were a breeze to work with, Steph! Your day came together perfectly and I'm so happy I was a part of it. Thank you, Thank you! Happy 4 month! :)

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Kristine M

We had an absolutely perfect wedding day and we owe a big part of that to Britty and her beautiful event center. The venue was intimate, unique and beautiful, which was exactly what we wanted. Britty was fabulous to work with; she was on the ball, organized, responsive, and... Read More helpful. Our personality types matched very well, as I am quite the planner. Our guests could not stop talking about how perfect the venue was for us and how convenient it was that everything was all in one spot. If you are looking to have the perfect wedding day, I suggest starting here.

2017-10-13T12:52:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kristine!! Your day was beautiful and I loved all the details. Especially those homemade jars of jam for guests are parting gifts... so darn cute!! -Britty

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Treana C

We had an AMAZING experience with 413 Wacouta Event Center for our wedding reception. Working with Britty was a dream: she was always available to answer any questions, her energy and professionalism was perfect and I can't say enough good things about working with her. The... Read More space is gorgeous and so many guests came up and raved about how much they loved it. I could literally email Britty with anything and she knew the answer. She even walked me through a last minute panic attack I had about the seating chart lol! We would highly highly highly recommend 413 Wacouta Event Center!

2017-10-12T13:56:35 Response from the vendor

Hahaha! That won't be my first or last seating chart calm down session, Treana! :) I loved working with you and wish you and Jacob nothing but the best!! -Britty

Reviewed on 9/29/2017

I LOVE this venue! I adore photographing weddings at this location. 413 on Wacouta is full of beautiful photo opportunities. Britty and her amazing staff are detail oriented, organized and deliver top notch service to our shared clients. I love recommending my couples to 413... Read More on Wacouta because I know they will be treated well and receive only the best from Britty and her team.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Allison B

413 on Wacouta was the first event center that my husband and I looked at when first starting to plan our wedding. I think we looked at 4 to 5 other venues that day and no of them compared to, not only, the beauty and charm that the historic building has to offer, but the... Read More knowledge, professionalism, and upbeat personality that Britty brought to the table! Britty was very communicative about what needed to happen and when, and also informed us of any potential problems or changes--which ended up not really affecting us. Choosing this venue also helped us save on decoration costs, too! Not saying you can't "jazz it up" more than we did, we just wanted the beauty of the building to speak for itself! Plus, Britty has an awesome lighting system in the reception area to suit your needs! One of the "extras," I was most excited about was the opportunity to go up on the roof for photos! I cannot wait to see how they turned out! Thanks, Britty and team!

2017-08-23T22:42:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, Allison! I can't wait to see the photos from you and Kevin's big day :) Everything ran incredibly smoothly- it was a joy working with you to plan your big day! -Britty

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Andrea A

The moment we walked in, we knew it was the place for us. The space is beautiful and Britty is the best! She knows her stuff and is so easy to work with! She was so responsive to all our questions and we always felt we were in the best hands. Wedding day was effortless. One... Read More of the biggest draws for us was how little we needed to do to the space - it is gorgeous and so tastefully decorated that there was very little we needed to bring in. Britty was also so helpful on wedding day that it was an absolutely stress free day for us! Our guests also raved about how beautiful everything was. Thank you, Britty - we had the BEST day!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Sarah D

The first venue my now husband and I looked at and we couldn't find anything bad to say!! We held both our ceremony and receptions here. It was a gorgeous site, other than flowers there was no need for additional decorations. Britty, Toni and Joan were each amazing and we felt... Read More like there was nothing out of place or things to worry about. We had the best day ever and the venue site made it all the better!

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Danielle d

I have been trying to get in touch with this venue for two months now with no response. I've sent about five emails and three voicemails. Due to the fact I was not able to reach them for so long, I requested for a tour on The Knot, which I did hear back and decided to cancel my... Read More appointment due to the fact that it took so long to get on touch with them.  Its really a shame because I was really excited to see the venue and possibly have my wedding there, but I just was not satisfied with the service.

2017-03-30T15:33:41 Response from the vendor

Hi Danielle D., Scrolling through all other reviews of 413 on Wacouta, yours certainly does not fit in with everyone else's experiences. As you can see, since I began running 413 in 2013, every Bride/Groom/Family Member who has reviewed my services has had no complaints... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Steven H

413 on Wacouta was the first and only wedding venue we toured - after seeing the beautiful facility and meeting Britty, we immediately knew we'd get married there. The venue itself has the classic 'St. Paul' feel and is absolutely gorgeous inside and out. We had about 80 people... Read More at our wedding/ reception and the venue provided a very cozy and fun atmosphere. Working with Britty was amazing- she has so much advice about weddings which made planning a breeze. She was also incredibly responsive to the numerous questions we had. Having people like Britty and Toni who have worked around weddings for what seems like a century, provided so much peace of mind that it was impossible to not enjoy every second of our special the day. We look back to our May 2016 wedding with so many good memories and happiness. Thank you Britty and Toni!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Jessica B

Britty and her staff are amazing. Every question we had, she answered in detail and made us feel like everything was taken care of for our big day and then some. She really goes above and beyond to make sure things go smoothly and help couples get more time to focus on what is... Read More important during their wedding day - all the love! We can't thank Britty and 413 enough for everything they did. We feel so grateful and fortunate that we picked 413.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Alyse C

We had both our wedding ceremony and reception at 413 on Wacouta. We highly recommend both! First, Britty (the owner/operator) is FANTASTIC. She is highly responsive, knowledgable, professional, and reassuring from the get-go. Because this venue does not come with a designated... Read More caterer, beverage provider, dessert service, etc., there are a number of companies/parties to coordinate -- Britty was absolutely on top of it all. She welcomes any questions but also is super proactive about making sure everyone is aligned and the details are taken care of, taking a lot of the pressure off the couple. Her staff members also were easy to work with and helped the whole event run smoothly. Second, the venue itself is beautiful. From the lighting to the stone walls, you don't need much to decorate. We only had a few candles and flowers on each table, and that was enough. We're still receiving compliments from our guests about the gorgeous venue, and we are so, so happy we chose to work with Britty and get married at 413 on Wacouta!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Cait J

413 on Wacouta Event Center was a dream-come-true wedding reception site. Britty, owner of 413 and the wedding coordinator, is outstanding! Her organization, efficiency, and passion for weddings made the wedding planning process a breeze. We highly recommend 413 on Wacouta for... Read More any couple looking for an enjoyable and gorgeous wedding. Our guests are still complimenting us on our reception site, and yours will too! Thank you Britty and 413 staff for making our June wedding more than we ever could have imagined.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Katie G

We held both our wedding ceremony & reception at 413 and couldn't be happier with our choice. We were looking for a venue with character, one that would be a beautiful space without needing a lot of extra decoration, and fell in love with the online photos. What we later... Read More realized was the gorgeous stone walls & ceremony room ceiling were secondary to having a coordinator like Britty. From our first tour through the day itself, she answered all of our questions, offered advice & recommendations and made this completely wedding-clueless couple feel at ease. Everyone we worked with at 413 was great, and we're still getting compliments on the venue and how smoothly the day ran. For reference, our wedding ended up being ~130 guests and the venue was a perfect size - intimate but not crowded.

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Elizabeth H

AN ABSOLUTE JOY! In April 2016 we hosted our wedding ceremony and reception at 413 on Wacouta and the event was perfect. All 150 guests fit into the space for an intimate ceremony. All of the preparation space Britty has available worked perfectly for our group - we had a... Read More wedding party of 8 plus the bride & groom. Downstairs our reception was a seated meal and I received rave reviews from several guests. The atmosphere and lighting is intimate and beautiful, with a slight vintage feel with the exposed limestone and rustic wood ceilings. The dance floor next to the bar was a great set-up for our guests. Britty was an absolute JOY to work with and made the whole process stress-free and fun. She and her staff were professional, kind, attentive, gracious. Given another opportunity, I would DEFINITELY choose to host my wedding at 413 on Wacouta again. I would recommend this venue and Britty to anyone looking to have a classy, mid-sized wedding celebration. The service, professionalism, and beauty of this venue is well worth it's value.

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Rasheeda L

413 on Wacouta was an absolutely perfect venue for our ceremony and reception! Britty was fantastic about ensuring our wedding day went as smoothly as possible! She is quick to respond to emails and was incredibly helpful throughout the planning process. She definitely knows... Read More what she is doing! The space itself was gorgeous and everyone loved it!

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Janet F

Highly recommend!!!! We had a great experience at 413! The facility is gorgeous and a perfect setting for our wedding. Britty and her staff worked hard for us to ensure we had a perfect day. The other vendors we used also raved about the location and the convenience of 413.... Read More Amazing place!

Britty Townley

Hi, my name is Britty! I am the Owner of 413 on Wacouta Event Center and I will be your main contact through the entire planning process of your wedding! I live in Saint Paul with my 17 year old cat. I love city life, relaxing by the pool, movies in the park and playing with my 10 yr old Niece and 9 yr old Nephew. I am Type-A all the way! My knack for organization and passion for special events led me to my career in weddings. You can count on me to be punctual, organized and have awesome, fast communication while you plan your dream day!