74 Events for the best DJ services.

74 Events is an award-winning DJ company proudly serving the tri-state area with our limitless love of music, impeccable curatorial style, and unbeatable customer service. With over 20 DJs at 74 Events, they are much more than hired guns: they are life long fans of musics and are established artists in their own right. They’ve earned their cred at some of NYC’s most legendary dance parties, night clubs, and freeform radio stations. They’re all professional music-heads who are well-versed in all genres from the most esoteric psychedelia to current Top 40. So whether your event calls for Bollywood or Bachata, hip hop or hardcore, we can deliver with depth.

Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Courtney K

Working with Gary and Con at 74 events for our wedding was a dream. Gary was very responsive the entire time we were planning and had GREAT ideas on how the whole event should flow from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception. We were clear that we wanted to have people on the... Read More dance floor the majority of the night and it was a success! Friends and family of all ages were on the dance floor for all of the reception. Guests have told me that they were very happy with the wide range of music that appealed to all generations for the reception. The music selection was based off an initial list that we provided. The playlist felt like it was from Ryan and I but had a few surprises that were well received by the crowd. Con's ability to read the audience was amazing and his transitions between songs were fantastic. He kept DJ chatter to a minimum which is something we were concerned about when initially looking into DJs. The music for our ceremony and cocktail hour was wonderful too! You will not be disappointed booking with Gary and Con for your big day!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 David M

Working with 74 Events was a flawless experience. Initial contact via email was overall smoother and more informative than my contacts with other music vendors. In addition, the first meeting was done in an extremely professional manner and Gary was clearly well versed in... Read More general protocol of a wedding and was able to answer questions that had not occurred to me to ask. Ultimately he recommended Duane due to his familiarity with the venue and our staff. We met once more in the weeks leading up to the wedding and everything was gone over in detail to truly personalize the ceremony and feel out our interests. The day of went perfectly. Duane was able to use the small list of preferred songs to masterfully curate a playlist that suited well with our tastes and the demographics of our guest. He also went out of his way to facilitate speeches which was done in an extremely professional manner. Overall the day was excellent and we have only great things to say. Based on my experience, I would recommend 74 Events without any hesitation.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 meghan t

Rob was a fantastic DJ, it was literally the best party of my life (as it should be!) Everyone from my friends to my parents commented on what a great DJ we had. He played just the right mix, getting people to dance without having to pull out all the "classic" wedding songs.... Read More Working with Gary was also so easy and stress-free. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 3/26/2018 Gerard C

Add our voices to the stellar reviews for James Arnold and 74 Events. From our first meetings with Gary and James, to our wedding with the perfect dance soundtrack, we could not be happier with our choice. It was so clear that 74 Events are experienced professionals who know... Read More exactly what questions to ask to help make your event perfect. James made sure to learn about our favorite music, and snuck little gems into the evening that we hadn't put on our music list but made us so happy to hear. Our guests are still talking about how fantastic the music was. Thank you Gary and James!

Reviewed on 3/02/2018 Rhiannon R

DJ BEN CARLIN: Hiring 74 Events was without a doubt one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Gary and Ben are consummate professionals in every way. They were incredible to plan with before the wedding, and Ben communicated with us during the wedding to make sure... Read More everything was going smoothly. Ben has a real talent for reading the energy in a room and had everyone dancing the entire night!! Everyone had such a good time that when he announced the last song, the whole wedding booed because they wanted him to keep the party going. Ben got our vibe immediately, and we would hire him again in an instant. Our wedding would not have been the same without him. Definitely go with Ben! You will not regret it.

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Patricia M

We had a fantastic experience with 74 Events at our wedding in November. We first heard DJ James over a year ago at our friends’ wedding, and we were impressed by his professionalism, music selection, and ability to keep the crowd engaged without making himself the center of... Read More attention. We knew when it came time for our own wedding, he would be at the top of the list of potential DJs. We reached out to Gary at 74 Events and requested James, and after meeting with them our decision was made. Gary and James were organized and responsive, and they worked with us to make the process of pulling together the necessary DJ and emcee information seamless and fun. They were flexible enough so we could make the night our own, but they also offered well-informed suggestions where we were unsure. James handled the music for both the cocktail hour and reception, and managed to strike exactly the right vibe at each point in the night. We were thrilled with the way James helped to enhance an already amazing day, and people are still talking about how much fun they had. We would recommend James and 74 Events without hesitation.

Reviewed on 1/20/2018 Natalie Z

74 Events were very easy and communicative to work with, and Jim Dier (DJ Small Change) was a great DJ. We only needed to have one Skype session and one in-person meeting leading up to the wedding, which was useful for when we were down to the wire. He was very attentive to our... Read More music tastes (especially me with my fondness for pop/'80s/etc.) and worked with us to structure a couple of different playlists for cocktail hour, reception, dancing, etc. He and Gary Hoffman were very receptive to structuring the day reception itself, as we wanted to switch up the order of toasts/first dances/parent dances/cake cutting, emphasize some things and drop others--so we were very much able to customize everything to our tastes. During the wedding, Jim was very attentive in reading the room in terms of switching the mood or keeping momentum going (i.e., everyone was on a high from one high-energy song, so he pulled another one not on our list immediately). We created the backbone of our lists, but he did an excellent job of matching and complementing our choices.

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Caitlin M

They were amazing, and one of the very best vendors we worked with. Gary is so organized and thorough which made the process smooth. We wanted a party and they made it happen, everyone was up dancing the whole time! Guests of all ages raved and more than one said, “best wedding... Read More DJ,” and we agree. Ben,was a true professional, we really appreciate you so much!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Jarret Z

DJ JAMES ARNOLD. Not enough can be said. He got it EXACTLY right. Consummate professional (as is Gary) - perfectly captured our fairly unique vision for the event (heavy on 90s R&B), and worked with us on the exact song versions and fade point for our first dance medley. He also... Read More - brilliantly and seamlessly - transitioned from the Hora to "Another Night" by the Real McCoy. True stroke of genius. He's a great guy - we had wonderful conversations about music and life with him. And apparently he was tearing up during our vows! Gary is great to work with in facilitating everything. Really cannot recommend 74 Events and James in particular highly enough.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Stephanie H

We could not be more thrilled with our decision to hire 74 Events as our wedding DJ! Even weeks later, our guests are still mentioning how amazing the music was at our wedding. Gary, the owner, was amazing to work with from start to finish. He's so professional, organized, and... Read More he KNOWS weddings. He asks all the right questions, and some we hadn't even thought of ourselves. And James Arnold, our DJ, was the absolute perfect choice for our music style. He was really excited about our song request list, and totally "got" it. He took our ideas and ran with them, creating the set list of our dreams! The dance floor was packed literally from the moment James dropped the beat on the first song until the very end. He knew just when to play certain crowd-pleasers and when to play our more obscure requests as well. I can't recommend 74 Events highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Lauren E

We cannot say enough threat things about Gary and Roland of 74 Events! Gary the owner is super organized and is really great at making sure to find the right DJ from his roster for your event. We used Roland for our wedding last month and he was amazing! We got a ton of... Read More compliments on the music and everyone had such a great time dancing. They were the only DJ company we spoke to and they made the whole process stress free and enjoyable. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Wanshu W

I'm very happy to choose 74 events on our wedding day! They offer best service at reasonable price! My DJ is James, he did song list for our cocktail party - many songs are special Chinese songs cuz we want our parents and friends coming from China can enjoy the moment as well.... Read More He also function as a MC for introductions. He even setup the mic for our ceremony! Both Gary and James are super nice to work with. The most important thing is that they are clean, understand what they are doing and what customers expecting. I don't feel any stress or worry while working with them cuz they made everything so easy! I would strongly recommend 74 events to any couple looking for great DJ service!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Ryan M

Choosing a DJ for a wedding can certainly be a daunting task. My now Wife and I knew what we wanted and hoped to find a DJ that could create a fun atmosphere, but would also, at the same time, stray away from the normalcy of what wedding DJ's can typically be (i.e. the blow up... Read More saxophones and cheesy music). We found 74 Events online and due to the great reviews, decided to contact them and set-up a meeting. Upon reaching out we were promptly contacted by Gary, the owner, who was super friendly and really seemed to be interested in what we were going for. Gary recommended that we work with James Mulry for our wedding, due to his vast knowledge of music and a background of experience with working at our venue in Brooklyn. We just can't say enough about how thrilled we were with the kind of atmosphere that James helped create. He listened to our requests, took into consideration the type and era of music that we like, and made our, as well as our guests, night absolutely, off the charts, AMAZING. Honestly, 1 of the best services that we could have asked for and we will be recommending 74 events, Gary, and James to absolutely anyone looking for a DJ. Awesome company, and even better people! Thank you for making our night so special - Cheers! Ryan & Meghan Monahan

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Tom W

We worked with Gary and Sean from 74 Events for our wedding - and were absolutely thrilled. We'd met with other DJs before, but when we walked out of our meeting with Gary, we knew we'd found the right company. Gary was so organized and professional - it made us feel like we... Read More were in good hands. Sean was an amazing DJ and MC for the evening. He was able to make announcements and introductions fun and interesting without hamming it up. Our guests were thrilled with the music, and really enjoyed the party. Sean kept the music going at exactly the right pacing for the entire night - and I think people were ready to dance for another hour or two! Both Gary and Sean were warm and pleasant to work with. They obviously care a great deal about making sure that your day goes off smoothly. The worksheet that Gary had us fill out was super helpful - it asked us to list out songs and genres we wanted to play at various parts of the event, as well as what music to avoid! Not only was that super helpful to making sure our music felt like *us*, it was also just a ton of fun. We spent quite a few nights just rocking out to some of our favorite tunes while coming up with ideas. I can't recommend 74 Events highly enough - they were fantastic to work with, and pulled off an amazing party. Our guests were absolutely thrilled with the music!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Anna W

We hired 74 events for our wedding in NYC September 2017. We cannot say enough about Joel and Gary!!! First of all to work with both of them was so easy! Gary is super professional and Joel is extremely accomodating musically. We had an Italian American wedding and they worked... Read More with us to mix italian and American music together. We had an amazing reception and we give most of our credit to Joel! SO MANY of our guests even the event space wanted to know who they were so they could use them as well. THank you Joel and Gary!!!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Jackie C

We picked 74 Events on a whim, based only off of good reviews and competitive pricing and it was the BEST decision we could have made. Gary was so great to work with and Rob was an AMAZING DJ! The dance floor was packed all night & guests were coming to me for days afterwards to... Read More tell me how they had never danced so much at a wedding. I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Spencer L

We looked into booking 74 Events (Gary as manager and DJ James Arnold) because DJ had played at one of our friends weddings. What surprised me initially was that even though the song choices and genres was not exactly my type, the songs were really well mixed, transitions were... Read More seamless and the beats kept the party going. It was much later when we realized that the songs he played that night were tailored for the preferences of that bride and groom. When we presented them with a different genre set of what we wanted at our wedding, I was naturally a little nervous how he would handle it, but I had absolutely nothing to worry about -- they were amazing!! Let me offer some details. #1, when we expressed our reservations about the difference in song list preferences and whether the DJ would be able to handle it, 74 Events offered for us to speak to a set of references all with diverse music tastes, and within a span of 48 hours, we received 20+ emails back from recently married couples who 100% stood by how amazing 74 Events was for their wedding -- that's powerful. #2, leading up to the wedding, Gary and James were very helpful in planning not just the musical selection, but the sequencing of the events/MC'ing, equipment set up, etc -- it really put us at ease. The DJ will assist with ceremony sound/music, cocktail reception (if separate) music, and dinner reception music. They were meticulous in helping ensure the specific oldie for our first dance was the right version (out of multiple versions/recordings of the song). #3, The DJ'ing during the dinner reception was terrific! Song choices during eating/dinner portions were great and did not require a lot of input from us, where we did have input was on the selection of the dance/party music where we wanted more 90s/2000s HipHop and some more club/dance music later in the night -- let me say that James absolutely killed it! We heard all of our favorite songs played and the rest was up to James. The dance floor was packed, ties were loosened and our guests had a lot of fun. The crowd did not want the party to end even when time was up. So yes, 74 Events and James will absolutely cater to your musical tastes and make it a perfect night! Amazing talent and would recommend Gary and James in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Nicole P

We're so happy we chose 74 Events to DJ our wedding. Gary was incredibly organized and helped think through every detail of our music leading up to the big day. James, our DJ, didn't just play a generic wedding playlist but instead listened to what songs/musicians we wanted and... Read More chose songs that us and our guests loved. Our guests told us that they had never danced so much at a wedding before! Both Gary and James were such professionals and helped make the event so memorable. Thank you 74 Events!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Stella L

74 events was absolutely amazing! Our DJ, James Arnold, did such an amazing job MC-ing the ceremony and reception. His choices of music brought everyone to the dance floor! We cannot express how happy we are with the night and everyone told us how much they loved James'... Read More music. Gary Hoffmann, who manages the company, was also a pleasure to work with. He had so many great ideas for scheduling the night, which kept things moving and energetic. He is so organized, calm and professional. Gary and James were so creative and made our wedding memorable.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Sarah S

Sean was our DJ for our wedding at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden and he was absolutely amazing! During our meetings, he really listened to the music I liked (and didn't like) and ran with it, keeping everyone on the dance floor all night. Everyone said how the music was very... Read More "me", and it was. Sean completely understood what we wanted.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Hatsie H

When planning our wedding, the music and vibe of the room was in the top three most important things to consider. My husband and I planned a very small, 35-guest event that we wanted to feel personal, intimate, and tailor-made to us and our guests. However, we’re both music... Read More (and fun!) lovers and still wanted to make sure our night ventured into a serious dance party. I was unsure if this was even possible since our guest list was so small and the invitees were so varied. This was my major concern when I spoke to potential DJs, and the reason we decided to book 74 Events, with Dan Arlein as the DJ and Gary Hoffman as facilitator. Gary and Dan heard my concerns and asked all of the right questions. Dan assured me that he would be able to provide the types of music our guests were naturally leaning towards, and would be able to guide the party in a way that felt natural and not at all awkward. Gary was the consummate professional and was quick to respond to any of my questions. I planned an NYC wedding from Texas so communication was key, and Gary put any concerns of mine at ease quickly. Gary provided a worksheet for my husband and me to fill out which was followed up with a meeting so that we could talk more about what my husband and I were envisioning. I gave Dan a list of songs that could have lasted 3 weddings—way too many. But Dan took that list, found the themes running through it, and provided the BEST playlist. The cocktail music was perfect, the dinner music was even better, and we transitioned right into dancing thanks to Dan’s expertise and did not leave the dance floor until the last song was played! I had multiple people approach me about how great the music was and my brother, usually a tough sell, specifically asked me for the playlist for his next party. I’m a firm believer that music can make the party, and I credit Dan, Gary, and 74 Events with how much fun we had at our wedding. I can’t recommend 74 Events and Dan enough.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Amanda K

74 Events DJ company went above and beyond to help plan my perfect wedding day! Gary, the events manager was super friendly, outgoing and asked all the right questions. He really made us feel like we didn't have to worry about a thing, and he was right. He paired us up... Read More perfectly with James Mulry who really was perfect for us. James was calm and had DJ'd many events at our venue (Greenpoint Loft) before. We had a few meetings throughout the year to plan our ideal wedding music selections. However, it was more than just picking music. They both worked as a team to help me and my now husband really plan the full feeling of our wedding. They set the right tone for us, they personalized it for our day. James read the crowd right on the day of and he really stepped it up on the day of and knew the right way to address the crowd, he listened to our requests, and he did an amazing job! I would HIGHLY recommend using 74 Events for your DJ at your upcoming weddings!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Becca F

To be honest, we had been to a couple of weddings before where Sean was the DJ and each and every time he killed it! So when the time came for us to plan our wedding, it was a no-brainer - we called 74 Events. You know a DJ is good when the coordinator at your venue tells you... Read More that they’re the ones they call whenever they host their own parties. Think about that – a venue who sees a hundred different weddings a year, has seen and heard a dozen different DJs come through, says that 74 Events is the best and who they have work their events. Clearly, they’re amazing! The best thing about working with Sean and Gary is that they truly listen to what you want for your day and are not ones to make the reception about them. It would drive us crazy to be at a wedding where the DJ was all about putting on a show – screaming into the mic in an attempt to get everyone involved. We wanted someone that would have the music be the focus and not treat the wedding like they were working a club. Sean was great about mixing in a wide range of musical genres and styles. It’s rare that a DJ is able to appease both the older and younger crowds, but he managed to do just that. Our grandparents were out on the dance floor, our parents were singing along to some of the songs, and all of our beloved friends and family were dancing all night. Gary was great at coordinating everything throughout the planning process, while Sean nailed the music selections. The greatest part was being able to provide a list of songs that we absolutely did not want played in addition to those we had to hear. Most often people overlook the fact that the DJ is responsible for moving the night along and providing those transitions throughout the event. Sean was great at transitioning from cocktail hour, to our first dance, to a dance set to speeches, etc. – it all flowed seamlessly thanks to him. 74 Events is great, so do yourself and your guests a favor by hiring them to work your wedding!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Kawomi E

These guys are the BEST!!!!! Gary and Rob (our DJ) were so nice to us during the whole process of planning our wedding. They made everything easy and effortless! Rob is amazing and if you are looking for someone to set the dance floor on fireeee, look no further!!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Olivia F

Working with Gary and James at 74 Events was such smooth process. Gary and James were so kind and professional and made sure they had everything ready for our wedding on 5/21/17. James did a great helping my husband feel at ease when it came time to sing to me in front of all... Read More our guests. James is also a really great wedding DJ who understands the dynamics of the room well enough to decide which songs would get people on their feet and be crowd pleasers. Thank you so much for a great wedding!

Gary Hoffmann

Following a lifelong love affair with music, I started DJing in 2001 in the Lower East Side, East Village, and Brooklyn. In 2004, I launched 74 Events (inspired by 1974, the birth year of both hip hop and disco) and began hand-picking the DJs on our roster. I am still personally involved in every booking at 74 Events, because my ultimate goal is to ensure that your party is nothing short of a smashing success.