Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

2320 S. King Street, Honolulu, HI

Beautiful Cakes!

Reviewed on 7/27/2012 Patricia C

I highly recommend Kristin for any sort of cake design, small or big. She is so meticulous with each detail and really listens to her clients and works hard to deliver what they envision. My cake was 5 tiers, purple ombre, pearls, ruffles and gum paste flowers. It looked so... Read More amazing. Everyone could NOT stop talking about how beautiful it was. We had guava, lilikoi and cookies and creme flavor cake. The cake was moist, perfect texture and tasted delicious. Kristin is organized and has a good response time. During our consolation she was professional and helpful. Great service.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE CAKES!!!

Reviewed on 1/26/2013 Mu K

Kristin from A Cake Life is magnificent! I had my cake custom made to fit a sea/ocean theme and Kristin got it exactly the way my husband and I wanted it. She even made Nemo and Dora from scratch and they looked just like the characters! The cakes/cupcakes on the other hand... Read More are sooo delicious. It's not too sweet like other cupcake vendors and it was so fresh tasting! My husband normally doesn't eat any types of sweets but when I insisted he try her cake/cupcakes he loved them! I'm going to continue using A Cake Life to do my niece's first birthday as well! Love them! Highly recommend you go with them if you haven't chose a cake yet. Thank you Kristin and Staff from A Cake Life! :)

Destination Wedding made easy and DELICIOUS

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Erin H

I highly recommend A Cake Life, especially for destination weddings. Kristin created a beach themed cake topper with tiered cupcakes all decked out with seashells, pink pearls, and pink orchids for my reception. She was very personable over the phone, and super thorough and... Read More professional with emails. A Cake Life just made it all so easy. I never imagined my cake and cupcakes would turn out as gorgeous as they did. The only downside to any of it was I had a destination wedding and could not take my top-tier with me! It was SO DELICIOUS! I thought I might slide some through security on my way home. Thank you guys for helping to make my day so beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Amanda V

Overall, the cake looked and tasted great, so 5-stars on that front, but only giving 4 stars because they were difficult to get a hold of and I did not feel like they valued our small 1-tier 8" cake for a simple, intimate wedding very much, but maybe we just caught the owner on... Read More a bad day. Note- they won't deliver for 1-tier cakes (I understand, but was not aware of this until we were signing the contract and I asked about delivery)

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Sakurako K

They were professional, quick to respond, and gave me exactly what I wanted even though I had to do everything over email (since it was for a destination wedding)! They even accommodated my request for a last minute delivery to the venue and everything went without any problems.... Read More I highly recommend this amazing team!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Alison M

The tropical flavors; guava and passion fruit were wonderful additions to our wedding. Very easy to work with via email for our destination wedding.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Christina R

The staff at A Cake Life did an amazing job!!! We ordered a three tiered cake with cherry blossoms and our three dogs. The cherry blossom was so realistic and they were able to capture all our dogs features. This included spots, graying hairs, and their little ears! Our wedding... Read More guests enjoyed the cake. It was moist and yummy. We plan to make a one tier copy of our cake for our anniversary. And if we have children, we will be ordering their birthday cakes from them!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Deanna P

I was told that they had done the same design as the picture example I provided before, and the cake was sub-par. We all agreed that a grocery store cake would have been the better option. I was told directly by this vendor quote "In April, it is SUPER HOT, and I would not... Read More recommend setting your cake out as early as 4pm, if your reception/ program doesnt start until an estimate 6pm/630pm. For this timeline, usually we deliver about 545-615pm. We do this for all outdoor receptions." in an e-mail. She showed up at 4pm with our cake on our wedding day when we had scheduled the delivery for 6:00pm. She also e-mailed me the day before the wedding asking for an address conformation while we were already in Hawaii on our vacation. Also in E-mail I felt hassled about our payment which wasn't even due yet. We paid all deposits and final payments on time. The woman who dropped off the cake was very rude to my mother. Overall the cake vendor was the biggest disappointment and waste of $500 we experienced in the entire wedding.

Reviewed on 2/11/2016 Michelle S

Great company. They made our wedding cake exactly how I wanted. Every detail was perfect. We communicated mostly through email and her responses were quick and helpful. We hand delivered our cake topper, very expensive custom bobble heads, but when they delivered the cake... Read More and took the topper out, it was bent. Then, when it was placed on the top by the delivery guy, it fell off! Luckily, someone caught it before it hit the floor and broke into a million pieces. I feel like this could have been prevented had they staged everything before delivery, making sure it would work. We a had small top tier with 6 dozen cupcakes. The cake itself was moist and flavorful. The cupcakes were a little dry, but beautifully decorated. Overall, we were pleased with the outcome and would order from them again, but would not order the cupcakes.

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Alicia C

We had the best experience with A Cake Life! They were so professional, friendly and very accommodating with us. When I filled out their questioneer, I submitted a photo of what I wanted our cake to look like and they recreated it perfectly. We also tried a few different cakes... Read More at our tasting and they are to die for!!! We went with a guava filled white cake with a butter cream frosting and it was amazing. I promise your experience with A Cake Life will be unforgettable, tasty and fun! I would hire them in a heart beat for any major event. Hands down, the best cake we've ever eaten.

Beautiful Cakes

Reviewed on 9/23/2015

We had a one-tire cake with a cupcake tree. We had guava, strawberry and chocolate. Plumeria flowers to decorate. Not only was the cake and set up beautiful but it was also so delish! It was just as good if not better than the tasting. The only thing is that it was a bit awkward... Read More sometimes communicating with Kristin, we didn't seem to see eye to eye or she wasn't over the top sweet and friendly like other vendors. Also, I was a little disappointed when I asked for a different shape of plumeria that we had seen in their books and on the website, but she said it was no longer being used. If they aren't using it anymore, they shouldn't show it because it frustrates and confuses clients. But regardless, she does amazing work and that's what matters most. Also, she did give us good advice about the top tier not being chocolate because of the pics, etc. It was a very good point.

Reviewed on 8/15/2015

A Cake Life was totally fantastic to work with for my wedding! My fiance and I placed our order for 8 dozen cupcakes only 3 weeks before our wedding, but that was no problem for them. They coordinated with my wedding planner for delivery and setup, and I didn't have to do... Read More anything. Of all the things you have to worry about on your wedding day, your cake won't be one of them. And best of all, the cupcakes were delicious! We sampled cupcakes from a few different bakeries on island, and A Cake Life were definitely the best. I would recommend A Cake Life to anyone looking for a wedding cake or cupcakes for the most important reason - peace of mind. Your cake will be delivered. It will be delicious. And you won't have to do anything.

Scrumptious!!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 'ilikea a

I ordered a small 6" one tier for our wedding cake and ordered mini cupcakes from another vendor. But! Our cake was DELISH!!! We ordered the guava flavor with buttercream frosting. In following with tradition, we put our cake in the freezer and won't be eating it until a year... Read More from now....Which i'm not sure I can do. It just might be a smaller piece that we eat to celebrate our 1 year anniversary :) If we ever have to order another cake in the future (baby party?!), we will definitely be going back to this vendor! Yummy!!!

Absolutely delicious

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Brittni S

For our wedding, we got a two tiered cake as well as cupcakes and cake shooters. We tried a few different places and the taste of the cake at A Cake Life blew everyone out of the water. It was amazing. Fluffy and fresh and delicious. The price was also very reasonable.... Read More Additionally, they delivered and set everything up (even out to the North Shore where our wedding was) and Kristen was extremely helpful. We could tell that she just genuinely enjoyed doing what she does. We had a bit of communication problems when it got closer to the wedding, which was very frustrating, but everything worked out in the end and everyone loved the cake. Seriously. So yummy!

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Lindsay B

I flew into Honolulu for my wedding (we are from Vancouver, BC) and I had done all my preparations from Canada. The girls at A Cake Life were extremely accommodating and made sure my cake was absolutely perfect. For a destination wedding with a small(ish) budget, the cake was... Read More the perfect price for us, and amazing! It was one of the most delicious cakes I've ever eaten.

Albert + Bernadette Gamayo 4/9/15

Reviewed on 4/21/2015 Bernadette M

I just had my wedding on 4/9/15 and as I soon as I saw my cake, I was ecstatic! It was so beautiful matching our wedding colors. And the cake itself was amazing! First tier was yellow butter and lilikoi, second tier red velvet w/cream cheese, and my favorite coconut pineapple!... Read More Every single guest loved the cake! Their customer service was great.. I had a one day response time to every single one of my questions. Very satisfied! Will use them again for any special occasion!

They're the best ever!!

Reviewed on 4/17/2015 Tiare L

I highly recommend every soon to be married couple to order their wedding cake/desserts from A Cake Life! We ordered a 3 tier wedding cake and 10 mini cakes. It came out exactly how I envisioned it would...even better! Not only did the cakes look beautiful they tasted as good as... Read More they looked. Our favorite is the fresh strawberry with buttercream frosting. Everything about their cakes are awesome! Kristin was such a wonderful person to work with. She was such a BIG help throughout the whole process. Thank you again and to the whole team at A Cake Life as well!!

The BEST!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Christine P

A Cake Life did an amazing job with our wedding cake!!! From the initial tasting/consultation appointment to the delivery of our cake on our wedding day, Kristin was so friendly and so professional. I already had an idea of the design of the cake I wanted but Kristin helped make... Read More suggestions to customize it and even helped to recommend a cake stand that would fit our cake and the venue. I could not have been happier with the way it turned out. Not only was the cake gorgeous, it was also very delicious. We chose a classic yellow butter cake with lilikoi filling - it was moist and not too sweet, just the way I like it. And our guests loved it! I will definitely recommend A Cake Life to all my friends and family and would definitely use them again next time I need a cake!

Yum!

Reviewed on 1/22/2015 Kelly K

I loved my beach theme elegant wedding cake and very unique, specific groom's cake!! We are still eating leftovers and love every bite!

10/10/14 Wedding Day

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Sarah W

Kristin was awesome! She worked with my Dad to get my cake done. (My Dad wanted to help with something so I let him get the cake) I found her on wedding cafe and suggested her to my Dad. He was impressed later when he found out she was featured in the knot and on Martha Stewart.... Read More (He saw her company in a wedding magazine at a stand and told me about it) She did what I wanted and it looked so beautiful! It also tasted great. My father attended the cake tasting and loved the flavors, he saved the samples for my mom who tried it later. She is not a fan of red velvet, but the sample she ate she loved! She ate it all! I had 3 different tiers with 3 different favors. Her suggestion to have a smaller cake and to not use fondant was definitely helpful as at the end of the night I had just about half the bottom tier left over and I think not using fondant made the cake taste way better. I would use her again for sure and let others know about her!

Beautiful Cake!

Reviewed on 12/09/2014

We were so happy with our cake from Kristin and her team! Not only was it beautiful, but also very delicious! We had a 3-tiered cake, with red velvet, strawberries, and oreo flavors. The attention to details on the cake were obvious, we couldn't have been happier, thank you so... Read More much, A Cake Life!

Highly Recommend A Cake Life!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Melody C

My husband and I had a destination wedding in Hawaii this past October. Planning a destination wedding from California wasn't easy. We came across A Cake Life after browsing through some vendors on The Knot. Kristin was very fast to reply to our emails! From beginning to end,... Read More she was not only professional but also a pleasure to work with! During our consult we were able to taste 6 different flavors. They were all so good that we went with several flavors which included lilikoi, strawberry-guava, and pineapple coconut. We had a beach theme wedding, and the cupcakes matched our theme perfectly! The starfish, sand dollars, and flowers all looked amazing!! In the end, we were beyond satisfied with the wedding cupcake tower she designed for us! The cupcakes were delicious, and all our guests had nothing but good things to say about the cupcakes! We highly recommend A Cake Life, not only for weddings, but for all occassions! Kristin and her team will not dissapoint!!!

A Cake Life is the BEST!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014

I am the sister of the bride...who kinda took over as wedding planner. My sister and her fiance got engaged in early July 2014 and decided to fly back to Hawaii to get married in August 2014 before they moved to Japan in October 2014. Leaving less than a month to plan a... Read More wedding. The first place I thought of for their wedding cake was A Cake Life. This was three weeks before the wedding so it was going to take a miracle to see if Kristin and her staff would be free to do a wedding cake...and they were! We were so lucky! Since my sister and her fiance live in California, I was helping with the planning here in Hawaii. Even with such short notice, Kristin was able to squeeze me in for a quick cake tasting and was very patient and helpful in coming up with a cake design that would incorporate cherry blossoms and Tiffany blue that my sister wanted. The cake samples at the tasting were all delicious.but I decided to go with the two choices the couple wanted, which was one layer of vanilla-chocolate marble with chocolate cream and the second layer of guava cake with guava cream. Kristin and her staff were always quick to respond to all my questions and I felt they exceeded my expectations. The cake was so PRETTY! My sister and her husband were both pleasantly surprised and totally impressed on how the cake turned out. The cake was so ono! Thanks again to Kristin and the A Cake Life staff!

A wedding cake to remember

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Jeremy O

My husband and I had a destination wedding in Honolulu, Hawaii (Sept 5, 2014) and we were referred to A Cake Life by our wedding coordinator and we are so glad we listened! It was really great working with Kristin and her team from answering our inquiries, designing our... Read More wedding cake and choosing the flavors. Our wedding cake turned out exactly what we wished for - a fabulous and delicious buttercream cake that was perfect for our wedding theme. Everyone enjoyed the cake and our guests wanted more! Thank you Kristin and A Cake Life for a wedding cake to remember!

A Wonderful Experience from Start to Finish

Reviewed on 9/20/2014

At our cake tasting and consultation appointment, pre-selected flavors were prepared. Very nice presentation of cake designs: photo books, albums and iPad. Kristin was very friendly and sociable. We felt so at ease with her that we spent part of the meeting talking stories.... Read More :-) She was also very helpful and patient in assisting us with the cake flavors and designs. Being a good listener, she took down notes of our requests and expectation. After the consultation, we ended up selecting a 3-tiered butter cream cake with 2 different flavors: pineapple and coconut for the top 2 tiers and strawberry and cream for the bottom tier. Matching scrolls to our invitation, roses and orchids used in the decor of the reception and silver and gold fondant bands at the bases of each tier were all part of the cake design. No details were spared. During the period between the consultation and the cake delivery, Kristin stayed in touch and checked for possible changes before the delivery. On the day of the reception, when I first saw the cake with our decor, I was in awe and rather emotional. It was a masterpiece. (Advice: rent a special table and cloth; and decorate the table with flowers and candles to feature the wedding cake.) By the time, we got to taste the cake, it was so moist and heavenly. Thank goodness we had some left over to bring home, so that we could relive the moment again and again for the next several days. On another note, Kristin was also very quick to refer a videographer replacement for us when she heard that our original one had cancelled on us two months before the event. She will go out of her way to make your dream a reality in every aspect. For that, we are forever grateful. In fact, we have already placed our orders for an anniversary cake and a birthday cake for my dad's 80th birthday with her. Don't think twice about ordering your cakes with her for all your special occasions. You will not be disappointed.