Theres No Life Life, A Cake Life!

We specialize in unique, custom designs to create your wedding cake! Whether you’re planning an intimate ceremony or a grand affair, we can accommodate your style. Contact us to schedule your cake consultation.

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2018

2320 S. King Street, Honolulu, HI (808) 542-0131

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Jenna B

Our 3 tier wedding cake + grooms cake were not only beautiful but they tasted amazing!!! The wedding topper we purchased from A Cake Life was the cherry on top and pulled the whole design together. Planning from long distance was hard but they emailed quickly and worked with me... Read More until the design sounded perfect - and they didn't disappoint!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Keshia K

Kristin and her team are amazing and so are the cakes. My husband and I decided that we would plan our own wedding. Which also meant being on a budget, so we need to find a place to have our wedding cake done that was affordable. I asked my friends on Facebook for references,... Read More and we picked A Cake Life. We read the reviews and viewed pictures from all the recommended places and we felt that this place would fit our budget. We filled out a quick form on the website and within a day we received a reply. We really had no idea what we wanted for our cake, but we set up a date to do our cake tasting and design. We were recommended to bring our invitation to give us inspiration. The day of the cake the cake tasting was great. Kristin was able to understand we didn't want anything too extravagant, so we stuck to the design of the invitation along with the turquoise blue color. We also mentioned to her that we had our own wedding topper to add, which she reminded us to bring on a closer date. The flavors of the cake choices were amazing. The cakes itself are very moist and not overly sweet like other cakes you would normally eat at a party. We picked the strawberry and cream, guava and cookies and cream. As the wedding day came closer, Kristin still kept in touch. Even to allow us to order cupcakes at the last moment. We picked the same flavors and color. We had a lot of compliments on the cake/cupcakes. The children loved the cupcakes, and so did the other adults. I was completely satisfied with Kristin and her amazing team. They definitely kept things easy and stress free for us. With a baby on the way we are already planning to go back to A Cake Life to do our son's first birthday cake.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Ryan L

A Cake Life was recommended by our wedding coordinator from I do weddings Inc. and let me tell you they did not disappoint. Everything from the cake tasting to the attention to detail to how delicious the cake was...awesome,awesome,awesome. I Highly recommend A Cake Life for... Read More your wedding or any special occasion.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Nikki C

Kristin and her team at A Cake Life did such a good job on our cake!! The cake and the cupcakes were picturesque and sugar bunny figurines at the top of the cake were so cute. She even incorporated some fun easter eggs for us as we didn't have a grooms cake. She made 2... Read More cupcakes with our college logos and a football on them (we are football fans) and even added a sugar figurine of our dog (who wasn't allowed to be present) peaking out of the bottom layer of the cake! It was so US and so beautiful!! And everything tasted as good as it looked!! Mahalo Kristin and team!! Thank you for making our special day even sweeter!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017

Ordering a wedding cake in Hawaii from my old Kentucky Home made me somewhat nervous as I didn't know anybody there, so everything had to be done via email and phone. It was a risk no matter who I worked with. I chose A Cake Life because of their fabulous website. Gina and... Read More Kristin were wonderful to work with - they returned phone calls promptly (even with a 6 hour time difference) and responded to emails quickly. I gave them some ideas, they sent me a sketch and I paid the invoice. Fingers crossed! I never had any reason to worry. The cake was PERFECT!!! It was exactly what we wanted. It was beautiful, colorful and pure Hawaiian. The other guests in the dining room were ooooohing and aaaaaaahing over it, the management was taking pictures, we were taking pictures, there was some applause, it was just fabulous! And the flavor! Oh, the flavor and the texture! Just dreamy! Don't think twice, just order your cake from A Cake Life. I couldn't have been any happier! Oh, and one more thing - I was a wedding planner for 20 years in New York City and Santa Fe, so I know a little something about wedding cakes. Thank you Gina and Kristin!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Kaletta J

Our wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous and delicious! I didn't have any references but online reviews to choose a vendor so I was a little nervous. But A Cake Life Bakery lived up to its excellent reputation! I would recommend them to anyone having a destination wedding in... Read More Honolulu. Great service, prompt, professional and lovely work!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Sehaj S

Don't look further, this is definitely the bakery for you. As two astrophysics nerds, we asked A Cake Life to make us a galaxy wedding cake. They'd never created this particular type of design before and they NAILED it. Our beautiful buttercream cake was covered in watercolor... Read More streaks of blacks, blues and purples (mimicking the vastness of space) and was scattered with frosting constellations. It was spot on to my description of what we wanted. Of course, a pretty cake isn't enough. It's what's on the inside that counts. We got yellow cake filled with alternating layers of strawberry and lillikoi. Both were absolutely fabulous. The cake was moist, the fillings were light (in a good way) and extremely flavorful, and even the buttercream was fantastic (smooth, not too sweet, buttery, just perfect). Our guests raved about our cake. One couple had so many slices that they had purple/green poops for the next two days. That's clearly the sign of an amazing cake.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Laura M

Our wedding cake was so AMAZING!!! I asked for a simple and elegant cake and that was exactly what we got. It was almost to pretty to cut! The devil's food cake itself was to die for, my husband loved it and he's not a huge cake fan normally. I would definitely recommend A Cake... Read More Life to anyone who is after a beautiful and affordable cake!!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Isiah T

Excellent!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Rhea G

A Cake Life was the only vendor I knew I really wanted while planning my wedding! I had been working with Kristin and her team for the past 3 years. The first cake they ever made for me was for my daughter's 1st birthday! After reading so many reviews, I reached out to Kristin... Read More about my daughter's cake and she has and always responded so quickly! We finally met up with Kristin and did a cake tasting and she was really great and who doesn't love free cake! So many choices of flavors and decorations. We went with A Cake Life and there was no question about it. When my daughter's 1st birthday came, our guests loved her Minnie Mouse cupcake tree!! We got so many compliments on them! I also used A Cake Life for her 2nd birthday and this time, I trusted Kristin and her team to make the perfect Elsa and Olaf birthday cake and a few cupcakes and again our guests loved it! Then, when it came to our wedding, my fiancé and I had a meeting with Kristin and told her our ideas and what we wanted. The day of the wedding, the cake and cake shooters turned out amazing!!!! The cake shooters were perfect to just grab and eat and again with all the different amazing flavors! It turned out so beautifully! Truly an amazing vendor and team!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Joseph V

We made a last minute order for our Wedding and we were very pleased with our cake. It was beautiful and our guest couldn't stop talking about it, it was perfect. Kirsten and her team were very accommodating and turned our vision into reality. We highly recommend A Cake... Read More Life and will definitely connect with them with other future events!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Maria W

I had only about 2 weeks to get it together for my small wedding. I found quite a few places online and A Cake Life was one of my options. I emailed everyone, and Kristin replied back to me very promptly. If you check out their Instagram page, they have pictures of their cakes... Read More and their buttercream work is just awesome! All of their cakes look so smooth and clean. When our wedding cake was being served to our guests, my fiancé and I noticed that the layers just looked so perfect and the cake itself was very moist and not at all too sweet. All of our guests really enjoyed it! I highly recommend A Cake Life to create something special for your next event.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Susan M

Kristin made our special day even more amazing, with her cake solution for our very small wedding. We had one 8" cake for the traditional cutting by the bride and groom, and 36 "mason jar" cakes, individually packaged and beautiful. This also allowed us to have FOUR different... Read More cake flavors, which pleased all of our guests, and which were all delicious! She made the entire process simple and easy, and I would use her services again if ever I need a cake for an event! Thanks, Kristin and team, for making our day so special!

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 jane p

my experience with a cake life has been excellent. i knew what kind of cake i wanted so i emailed them for a quote and info. their reply to all my questions and changes has been so quick. its appreciated when i went to check my emails their replies were always there. i believe i... Read More worked with kristen for the most part- the cake i wanted wasnt something too complicated so i had confidence she understood what i had in mind. when the day came and i saw my cake next to my table- i was very pleased. it was exactly how i imagined- simple and very pretty. plus not only did it look perfect, it tasted delicious. even their fondant tastes like frosting marshmallow like- very edible! their fondant work was very smooth and perfect, no cracks or rips. definitely recommend! :)

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Rachel W

We hired A Cake Life for our destination wedding. We were lucky enough to visit Oahu to plan our wedding, and there we met Kristin at a cake tasting/consultation session and we immediately loved her and her ideas. We ended up with a trio of cakes (Kristin's genius solution as we... Read More couldn't pinpoint what we wanted exactly) and a bunch of desserts (macarons, cookies, donuts, cupcakes, chocolate dipped strawberries...a crazy selection!). Kristin knew exactly what we wanted in terms of style and design. On the day of the wedding, Kristin came to set up and created the most amazing dessert table for us -- all our guests wow-ed and we still cannot get over how beautiful all of it was. Our desserts were gone before we could even get a taste of some of the desserts! However, we were lucky enough to taste our cakes and wow, our cakes looked AND tasted AMAZING. We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Kristin and her team -- what a wonderful selection of cakes and desserts. They tasted as good as they looked!!! Thank you so much, Kristin and team!!!

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Natalie T

I ordered a cake for my destination wedding. I ordered a package that came with a two-tiered cake and 24 cupcakes. You could have different flavors in each of the tiers and each dozen of cupcakes. I chose the pineapple cream filled coconut cake for both layers as it sounded... Read More delicious. Kristen, the owner, said it was the most popular flavor for destination weddings. We had red velvet cream filled cupcakes and butter cake with strawberry cream filling and buttercream icing for the cupcakes. Working with the cake life was very easy, I sent pictures of what I wanted and Kristen let me know if it was within my price point. The cake that she made was exactly like the picture I showed her and exactly what I waned. It was moist and delicious. It was so good that I decided to take the bottom layer which went untouched, on my nine hour flight home two days later. I did not have the ability to refrigerate it during those two days and on the flight but the cake made it home and was just as good as on my wedding day. And I even got to save a couple of chunks for our anniversary. The rest of that cake went down in gastrological history. Everything was arranged via email and phone prior to my wedding. I arranged for drop off since I didn't feel comfortable transporting a cake. There was a mixup at the hotel, with the cake delivery. I rented a penthouse suite at the Grand Islander, which had just opened 3 days before at the Hilton Waikiki Village. I left specific written instructions at the bell desk to open my suite, room 3710 for A Cake Life to deliver and set up my order. I got married on the beach behind the Hilton Waikiki village and when I returned, there was no cake in my room. I immediately contacted Kristin who said she had dropped it off. She sent me a picture of the cake set up in a room that looked similar, but was definitely not my room. I explained to her that the cake was not in my room. She stated that they turned right after they got off the elevator and to set up the cake. Well, my room was to the left. It was a bit of a fiasco in the moment, because I didn't know where the cake and cupcakes were. My husband and I went down to the desk and spoke with the person who Kristen described let her in the room. While I was down there telling the hotel manager and said bellman that we were going to go into all the vacant rooms on that floor, Kristen and her assistant showed up to save the day! This was quite unexpected, and above and beyond great service. They were able to direct us to the room where the items were placed and then moved it all into my room. The error was on the hotel's part, as they were given the proper information and did not follow through correctly. My husband and I are extremely grateful for Kristen's kindness in showing up to remedy the situation. Kristen was more upset than I was that the cake was temporarily "missing" and had tears to prove it. She kept apologizing, even though none of this was her fault. I assured everyone involved that since I was an older bride, it was not major for me. I did not need my day to be "perfect". It will definitely give us something to talk about. I am still overwhelmed by the quality of Kristin's work, her kindness and customer service. All of this and I ordered a low-cost "Lite" package. You cannot place a value on what I got from A Cake Life. It was her genuine "Aloha spirit" that will leave an impression on me for months to come.

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Eri F

Honestly, there may be a lot of wedding cake vendors out there that can make beautiful cakes, but Kristin's A Cake Life is the BEST cake vendor that can make both DELICIOUS & BEAUTIFUL wedding cakes. Although I was planning a destination wedding, I was lucky enough to go to her... Read More tasting and she was the very first vendor I picked (after my planner) because her cakes are so MOIST and DELICIOUS!!! I have guests still raving about the cupcakes that were served and they were all gone in an instant. lol You won't have to worry about take-home boxes because they will all be gone...that's how delicious they are. I really recommend A Cake Life if you want a delicious wedding cake that you will not only enjoy looking at, but also tasting!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Ann C

The best wedding cake ever and let me tell you, I'm a cater/coordinator in CA and have been in the business for 15 years. I've had a lot of wedding cake! I had my destination wedding on Friday, August 12 at Lanikuhonua. Kristin was awesome to work with and designed our cake with... Read More a peek a boo with Star Wars on the back, for our 2 boys. It was perfect pretty bridal wedding cake in the front and party in the back for the 2 boys. Not only was the design beautiful but the taste was one of THE BEST CAKE! Not too sweet! Highly recommended

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Crystal T

Kristin did a phenomenal job with our wedding cake. We loved her guava cake with lilikoi frosting in a simple, 3-tiered design with cascading flowers. She was so responsive and flexible throughout the cake tasting and design process, even while I was planning from 5000 miles... Read More away. The craziest part of our wedding was that a hurricane was slated to visit our ceremony and we moved the wedding up by one day. I don’t know how she did it, but Kristen make our entire cake along with the accompanying sheet cakes for 200 guests an entire day early, and it tasted and looked perfect! I can’t recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Amanda V

Overall, the cake looked and tasted great, so 5-stars on that front, but only giving 4 stars because they were difficult to get a hold of and I did not feel like they valued our small 1-tier 8" cake for a simple, intimate wedding very much, but maybe we just caught the owner on... Read More a bad day. Note- they won't deliver for 1-tier cakes (I understand, but was not aware of this until we were signing the contract and I asked about delivery)

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Sakurako K

They were professional, quick to respond, and gave me exactly what I wanted even though I had to do everything over email (since it was for a destination wedding)! They even accommodated my request for a last minute delivery to the venue and everything went without any problems.... Read More I highly recommend this amazing team!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Alison M

The tropical flavors; guava and passion fruit were wonderful additions to our wedding. Very easy to work with via email for our destination wedding.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Christina R

The staff at A Cake Life did an amazing job!!! We ordered a three tiered cake with cherry blossoms and our three dogs. The cherry blossom was so realistic and they were able to capture all our dogs features. This included spots, graying hairs, and their little ears! Our wedding... Read More guests enjoyed the cake. It was moist and yummy. We plan to make a one tier copy of our cake for our anniversary. And if we have children, we will be ordering their birthday cakes from them!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Deanna P

I was told that they had done the same design as the picture example I provided before, and the cake was sub-par. We all agreed that a grocery store cake would have been the better option. I was told directly by this vendor quote "In April, it is SUPER HOT, and I would not... Read More recommend setting your cake out as early as 4pm, if your reception/ program doesnt start until an estimate 6pm/630pm. For this timeline, usually we deliver about 545-615pm. We do this for all outdoor receptions." in an e-mail. She showed up at 4pm with our cake on our wedding day when we had scheduled the delivery for 6:00pm. She also e-mailed me the day before the wedding asking for an address conformation while we were already in Hawaii on our vacation. Also in E-mail I felt hassled about our payment which wasn't even due yet. We paid all deposits and final payments on time. The woman who dropped off the cake was very rude to my mother. Overall the cake vendor was the biggest disappointment and waste of $500 we experienced in the entire wedding.

Reviewed on 2/11/2016 Michelle S

Great company. They made our wedding cake exactly how I wanted. Every detail was perfect. We communicated mostly through email and her responses were quick and helpful. We hand delivered our cake topper, very expensive custom bobble heads, but when they delivered the cake... Read More and took the topper out, it was bent. Then, when it was placed on the top by the delivery guy, it fell off! Luckily, someone caught it before it hit the floor and broke into a million pieces. I feel like this could have been prevented had they staged everything before delivery, making sure it would work. We a had small top tier with 6 dozen cupcakes. The cake itself was moist and flavorful. The cupcakes were a little dry, but beautifully decorated. Overall, we were pleased with the outcome and would order from them again, but would not order the cupcakes.

Kristin Kato

Aloha! My name is Kristin Kato and I am the owner and Lead Designer of A Cake Life! I opened by shop in July 2009 with the belief that “THERE’S NO LIFE LIKE A CAKE LIFE!” My team and I specialize in creating customized cakes and yummy desserts for any occasion and weddings have always been our main passion! Everything we make is custom ordered and we can create anything you desire from traditional wedding designs to more intricate detailed layouts! We would love to create your special cake! Mahalo and congratulations on your wedding!