A Cake Life

We specialize in unique, custom designs to create your wedding cake! Whether you’re planning an intimate ceremony or a grand affair, we can accommodate your style. Contact us to schedule your cake consultation.

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

2320 S. King Street, Honolulu, HI (808) 542-0131

Beautiful Cakes!

Reviewed on 7/27/2012 Patricia C

I highly recommend Kristin for any sort of cake design, small or big. She is so meticulous with each detail and really listens to her clients and works hard to deliver what they envision. My cake was 5 tiers, purple ombre, pearls, ruffles and gum paste flowers. It looked so... Read More amazing. Everyone could NOT stop talking about how beautiful it was. We had guava, lilikoi and cookies and creme flavor cake. The cake was moist, perfect texture and tasted delicious. Kristin is organized and has a good response time. During our consolation she was professional and helpful. Great service.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE CAKES!!!

Reviewed on 1/26/2013 Mu K

Kristin from A Cake Life is magnificent! I had my cake custom made to fit a sea/ocean theme and Kristin got it exactly the way my husband and I wanted it. She even made Nemo and Dora from scratch and they looked just like the characters! The cakes/cupcakes on the other hand... Read More are sooo delicious. It's not too sweet like other cupcake vendors and it was so fresh tasting! My husband normally doesn't eat any types of sweets but when I insisted he try her cake/cupcakes he loved them! I'm going to continue using A Cake Life to do my niece's first birthday as well! Love them! Highly recommend you go with them if you haven't chose a cake yet. Thank you Kristin and Staff from A Cake Life! :)

Destination Wedding made easy and DELICIOUS

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Erin H

I highly recommend A Cake Life, especially for destination weddings. Kristin created a beach themed cake topper with tiered cupcakes all decked out with seashells, pink pearls, and pink orchids for my reception. She was very personable over the phone, and super thorough and... Read More professional with emails. A Cake Life just made it all so easy. I never imagined my cake and cupcakes would turn out as gorgeous as they did. The only downside to any of it was I had a destination wedding and could not take my top-tier with me! It was SO DELICIOUS! I thought I might slide some through security on my way home. Thank you guys for helping to make my day so beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 jane p

my experience with a cake life has been excellent. i knew what kind of cake i wanted so i emailed them for a quote and info. their reply to all my questions and changes has been so quick. its appreciated when i went to check my emails their replies were always there. i believe i... Read More worked with kristen for the most part- the cake i wanted wasnt something too complicated so i had confidence she understood what i had in mind. when the day came and i saw my cake next to my table- i was very pleased. it was exactly how i imagined- simple and very pretty. plus not only did it look perfect, it tasted delicious. even their fondant tastes like frosting marshmallow like- very edible! their fondant work was very smooth and perfect, no cracks or rips. definitely recommend! :)

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Rachel W

We hired A Cake Life for our destination wedding. We were lucky enough to visit Oahu to plan our wedding, and there we met Kristin at a cake tasting/consultation session and we immediately loved her and her ideas. We ended up with a trio of cakes (Kristin's genius solution as we... Read More couldn't pinpoint what we wanted exactly) and a bunch of desserts (macarons, cookies, donuts, cupcakes, chocolate dipped strawberries...a crazy selection!). Kristin knew exactly what we wanted in terms of style and design. On the day of the wedding, Kristin came to set up and created the most amazing dessert table for us -- all our guests wow-ed and we still cannot get over how beautiful all of it was. Our desserts were gone before we could even get a taste of some of the desserts! However, we were lucky enough to taste our cakes and wow, our cakes looked AND tasted AMAZING. We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Kristin and her team -- what a wonderful selection of cakes and desserts. They tasted as good as they looked!!! Thank you so much, Kristin and team!!!

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Natalie T

I ordered a cake for my destination wedding. I ordered a package that came with a two-tiered cake and 24 cupcakes. You could have different flavors in each of the tiers and each dozen of cupcakes. I chose the pineapple cream filled coconut cake for both layers as it sounded... Read More delicious. Kristen, the owner, said it was the most popular flavor for destination weddings. We had red velvet cream filled cupcakes and butter cake with strawberry cream filling and buttercream icing for the cupcakes. Working with the cake life was very easy, I sent pictures of what I wanted and Kristen let me know if it was within my price point. The cake that she made was exactly like the picture I showed her and exactly what I waned. It was moist and delicious. It was so good that I decided to take the bottom layer which went untouched, on my nine hour flight home two days later. I did not have the ability to refrigerate it during those two days and on the flight but the cake made it home and was just as good as on my wedding day. And I even got to save a couple of chunks for our anniversary. The rest of that cake went down in gastrological history. Everything was arranged via email and phone prior to my wedding. I arranged for drop off since I didn't feel comfortable transporting a cake. There was a mixup at the hotel, with the cake delivery. I rented a penthouse suite at the Grand Islander, which had just opened 3 days before at the Hilton Waikiki Village. I left specific written instructions at the bell desk to open my suite, room 3710 for A Cake Life to deliver and set up my order. I got married on the beach behind the Hilton Waikiki village and when I returned, there was no cake in my room. I immediately contacted Kristin who said she had dropped it off. She sent me a picture of the cake set up in a room that looked similar, but was definitely not my room. I explained to her that the cake was not in my room. She stated that they turned right after they got off the elevator and to set up the cake. Well, my room was to the left. It was a bit of a fiasco in the moment, because I didn't know where the cake and cupcakes were. My husband and I went down to the desk and spoke with the person who Kristen described let her in the room. While I was down there telling the hotel manager and said bellman that we were going to go into all the vacant rooms on that floor, Kristen and her assistant showed up to save the day! This was quite unexpected, and above and beyond great service. They were able to direct us to the room where the items were placed and then moved it all into my room. The error was on the hotel's part, as they were given the proper information and did not follow through correctly. My husband and I are extremely grateful for Kristen's kindness in showing up to remedy the situation. Kristen was more upset than I was that the cake was temporarily "missing" and had tears to prove it. She kept apologizing, even though none of this was her fault. I assured everyone involved that since I was an older bride, it was not major for me. I did not need my day to be "perfect". It will definitely give us something to talk about. I am still overwhelmed by the quality of Kristin's work, her kindness and customer service. All of this and I ordered a low-cost "Lite" package. You cannot place a value on what I got from A Cake Life. It was her genuine "Aloha spirit" that will leave an impression on me for months to come.

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Eri F

Honestly, there may be a lot of wedding cake vendors out there that can make beautiful cakes, but Kristin's A Cake Life is the BEST cake vendor that can make both DELICIOUS & BEAUTIFUL wedding cakes. Although I was planning a destination wedding, I was lucky enough to go to her... Read More tasting and she was the very first vendor I picked (after my planner) because her cakes are so MOIST and DELICIOUS!!! I have guests still raving about the cupcakes that were served and they were all gone in an instant. lol You won't have to worry about take-home boxes because they will all be gone...that's how delicious they are. I really recommend A Cake Life if you want a delicious wedding cake that you will not only enjoy looking at, but also tasting!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Ann C

The best wedding cake ever and let me tell you, I'm a cater/coordinator in CA and have been in the business for 15 years. I've had a lot of wedding cake! I had my destination wedding on Friday, August 12 at Lanikuhonua. Kristin was awesome to work with and designed our cake with... Read More a peek a boo with Star Wars on the back, for our 2 boys. It was perfect pretty bridal wedding cake in the front and party in the back for the 2 boys. Not only was the design beautiful but the taste was one of THE BEST CAKE! Not too sweet! Highly recommended

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Crystal T

Kristin did a phenomenal job with our wedding cake. We loved her guava cake with lilikoi frosting in a simple, 3-tiered design with cascading flowers. She was so responsive and flexible throughout the cake tasting and design process, even while I was planning from 5000 miles... Read More away. The craziest part of our wedding was that a hurricane was slated to visit our ceremony and we moved the wedding up by one day. I don’t know how she did it, but Kristen make our entire cake along with the accompanying sheet cakes for 200 guests an entire day early, and it tasted and looked perfect! I can’t recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Amanda V

Overall, the cake looked and tasted great, so 5-stars on that front, but only giving 4 stars because they were difficult to get a hold of and I did not feel like they valued our small 1-tier 8" cake for a simple, intimate wedding very much, but maybe we just caught the owner on... Read More a bad day. Note- they won't deliver for 1-tier cakes (I understand, but was not aware of this until we were signing the contract and I asked about delivery)

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Sakurako K

They were professional, quick to respond, and gave me exactly what I wanted even though I had to do everything over email (since it was for a destination wedding)! They even accommodated my request for a last minute delivery to the venue and everything went without any problems.... Read More I highly recommend this amazing team!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Alison M

The tropical flavors; guava and passion fruit were wonderful additions to our wedding. Very easy to work with via email for our destination wedding.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Christina R

The staff at A Cake Life did an amazing job!!! We ordered a three tiered cake with cherry blossoms and our three dogs. The cherry blossom was so realistic and they were able to capture all our dogs features. This included spots, graying hairs, and their little ears! Our wedding... Read More guests enjoyed the cake. It was moist and yummy. We plan to make a one tier copy of our cake for our anniversary. And if we have children, we will be ordering their birthday cakes from them!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Deanna P

I was told that they had done the same design as the picture example I provided before, and the cake was sub-par. We all agreed that a grocery store cake would have been the better option. I was told directly by this vendor quote "In April, it is SUPER HOT, and I would not... Read More recommend setting your cake out as early as 4pm, if your reception/ program doesnt start until an estimate 6pm/630pm. For this timeline, usually we deliver about 545-615pm. We do this for all outdoor receptions." in an e-mail. She showed up at 4pm with our cake on our wedding day when we had scheduled the delivery for 6:00pm. She also e-mailed me the day before the wedding asking for an address conformation while we were already in Hawaii on our vacation. Also in E-mail I felt hassled about our payment which wasn't even due yet. We paid all deposits and final payments on time. The woman who dropped off the cake was very rude to my mother. Overall the cake vendor was the biggest disappointment and waste of $500 we experienced in the entire wedding.

Reviewed on 2/11/2016 Michelle S

Great company. They made our wedding cake exactly how I wanted. Every detail was perfect. We communicated mostly through email and her responses were quick and helpful. We hand delivered our cake topper, very expensive custom bobble heads, but when they delivered the cake... Read More and took the topper out, it was bent. Then, when it was placed on the top by the delivery guy, it fell off! Luckily, someone caught it before it hit the floor and broke into a million pieces. I feel like this could have been prevented had they staged everything before delivery, making sure it would work. We a had small top tier with 6 dozen cupcakes. The cake itself was moist and flavorful. The cupcakes were a little dry, but beautifully decorated. Overall, we were pleased with the outcome and would order from them again, but would not order the cupcakes.

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Alicia C

We had the best experience with A Cake Life! They were so professional, friendly and very accommodating with us. When I filled out their questioneer, I submitted a photo of what I wanted our cake to look like and they recreated it perfectly. We also tried a few different cakes... Read More at our tasting and they are to die for!!! We went with a guava filled white cake with a butter cream frosting and it was amazing. I promise your experience with A Cake Life will be unforgettable, tasty and fun! I would hire them in a heart beat for any major event. Hands down, the best cake we've ever eaten.

Beautiful Cakes

Reviewed on 9/23/2015

We had a one-tire cake with a cupcake tree. We had guava, strawberry and chocolate. Plumeria flowers to decorate. Not only was the cake and set up beautiful but it was also so delish! It was just as good if not better than the tasting. The only thing is that it was a bit awkward... Read More sometimes communicating with Kristin, we didn't seem to see eye to eye or she wasn't over the top sweet and friendly like other vendors. Also, I was a little disappointed when I asked for a different shape of plumeria that we had seen in their books and on the website, but she said it was no longer being used. If they aren't using it anymore, they shouldn't show it because it frustrates and confuses clients. But regardless, she does amazing work and that's what matters most. Also, she did give us good advice about the top tier not being chocolate because of the pics, etc. It was a very good point.

Reviewed on 8/15/2015

A Cake Life was totally fantastic to work with for my wedding! My fiance and I placed our order for 8 dozen cupcakes only 3 weeks before our wedding, but that was no problem for them. They coordinated with my wedding planner for delivery and setup, and I didn't have to do... Read More anything. Of all the things you have to worry about on your wedding day, your cake won't be one of them. And best of all, the cupcakes were delicious! We sampled cupcakes from a few different bakeries on island, and A Cake Life were definitely the best. I would recommend A Cake Life to anyone looking for a wedding cake or cupcakes for the most important reason - peace of mind. Your cake will be delivered. It will be delicious. And you won't have to do anything.

Scrumptious!!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 'ilikea a

I ordered a small 6" one tier for our wedding cake and ordered mini cupcakes from another vendor. But! Our cake was DELISH!!! We ordered the guava flavor with buttercream frosting. In following with tradition, we put our cake in the freezer and won't be eating it until a year... Read More from now....Which i'm not sure I can do. It just might be a smaller piece that we eat to celebrate our 1 year anniversary :) If we ever have to order another cake in the future (baby party?!), we will definitely be going back to this vendor! Yummy!!!

Absolutely delicious

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Brittni S

For our wedding, we got a two tiered cake as well as cupcakes and cake shooters. We tried a few different places and the taste of the cake at A Cake Life blew everyone out of the water. It was amazing. Fluffy and fresh and delicious. The price was also very reasonable.... Read More Additionally, they delivered and set everything up (even out to the North Shore where our wedding was) and Kristen was extremely helpful. We could tell that she just genuinely enjoyed doing what she does. We had a bit of communication problems when it got closer to the wedding, which was very frustrating, but everything worked out in the end and everyone loved the cake. Seriously. So yummy!

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Lindsay B

I flew into Honolulu for my wedding (we are from Vancouver, BC) and I had done all my preparations from Canada. The girls at A Cake Life were extremely accommodating and made sure my cake was absolutely perfect. For a destination wedding with a small(ish) budget, the cake was... Read More the perfect price for us, and amazing! It was one of the most delicious cakes I've ever eaten.

Albert + Bernadette Gamayo 4/9/15

Reviewed on 4/21/2015 Bernadette M

I just had my wedding on 4/9/15 and as I soon as I saw my cake, I was ecstatic! It was so beautiful matching our wedding colors. And the cake itself was amazing! First tier was yellow butter and lilikoi, second tier red velvet w/cream cheese, and my favorite coconut pineapple!... Read More Every single guest loved the cake! Their customer service was great.. I had a one day response time to every single one of my questions. Very satisfied! Will use them again for any special occasion!

They're the best ever!!

Reviewed on 4/17/2015 Tiare L

I highly recommend every soon to be married couple to order their wedding cake/desserts from A Cake Life! We ordered a 3 tier wedding cake and 10 mini cakes. It came out exactly how I envisioned it would...even better! Not only did the cakes look beautiful they tasted as good as... Read More they looked. Our favorite is the fresh strawberry with buttercream frosting. Everything about their cakes are awesome! Kristin was such a wonderful person to work with. She was such a BIG help throughout the whole process. Thank you again and to the whole team at A Cake Life as well!!

The BEST!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Christine P

A Cake Life did an amazing job with our wedding cake!!! From the initial tasting/consultation appointment to the delivery of our cake on our wedding day, Kristin was so friendly and so professional. I already had an idea of the design of the cake I wanted but Kristin helped make... Read More suggestions to customize it and even helped to recommend a cake stand that would fit our cake and the venue. I could not have been happier with the way it turned out. Not only was the cake gorgeous, it was also very delicious. We chose a classic yellow butter cake with lilikoi filling - it was moist and not too sweet, just the way I like it. And our guests loved it! I will definitely recommend A Cake Life to all my friends and family and would definitely use them again next time I need a cake!

Yum!

Reviewed on 1/22/2015 Kelly K

I loved my beach theme elegant wedding cake and very unique, specific groom's cake!! We are still eating leftovers and love every bite!