May I be your wedding photographer?

You are creating a day you will never forget. Let me create the photographs to prove it. I promise to bring my heart and pour it into every photograph so that when you look back on your wedding day you remember every tear and every smile.

Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100

Kansas City, MO (208) 406-2066

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Aisha T

If you are looking for someone who will care about you, your family and every single detail of your big day, STOP RIGHT HERE! You have found her! We made the best decision having Deanna capture our special day. Deanna was truly a blessing. From our first meeting until the... Read More wedding day, Deanna went above and beyond. She not only created memories for us that will last a lifetime, she also created our invitations and thank you cards, which turned out beautifully. After the wedding, everyone kept commenting that they couldn’t wait to see the pictures because, “She was EVERYWHERE!” Her photos brought me to tears. She captured every single moment gorgeously. We are so appreciative with her patience, professionalism, organization, dedication and her expertise. Words cannot express our gratitude. Thank you, Deanna!

2017-07-29T16:00:45 Response from the vendor

You are the sweetest! Thank you so much for brightening my day with your kind words and for being such an amazing bride to work with!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Kylee G

Deanna was a dream photographer, my experience could not have been any better. When we first met she was so organized, she had forms that she filled out so that everything we talked about would be remembered for the big day. I had no clue what I was doing and she basically made... Read More the whole timeline for my wedding day. The photos she took are gorgeous and she was such a big help posing us since I don't know how to. My son took engagement photos with us and she was so patient and sweet with him. Our wedding was in January, it snowed and it was super cold. It didn't bother Deanna to be outside taking the snowy pictures I had wanted so badly. I also love that in addition to prints I got a thumb drive of TONS of edited photos that I can look at and cherish forever. I would recommend Deanna to anyone who is planning a wedding, she is the BEST!

2016-10-05T23:31:48 Response from the vendor

I adored your whole day! It was simply magical. Thank you for letting me be a part of it!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Jenna W

Wow. Seriously perfect. There are SO many photographers in the KC area, and photography was super important to me. I am a photo gal and wanted a great deal and a photographer that I could trust but also connect with. Deanna was that photographer. The package I received was WELL... Read More WORTH what we paid for. Deanna is open to so many suggestions and agreed to three different photo “sessions”. We did three/four hours of bridal portraits. I had 2 photographers day of my wedding for the whole day (about 12 hours) and received over 1,000 photos! Not only that but Deanna came back for a day after the wedding photo shoot at the Union Station and the Plaza. This shoot replaced our engagement photo session that we had already done. This photo shoot lasted three hours at the time of day we chose. She constantly was in communication and face-timed me multiple times. We also got a very professional wedding album that I am in love with. Not only is Deanna an AMAZING photographer, she also designed my wedding invitations and many of my other paper products (menus/signs/program/etc.) My wedding invitations were 100% unique because of this and cheaper than ordering from anywhere else. I LOVED working with Deanna and if I still lived in Kansas City I would be asking her to do all my photo shoots in the future.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Stephanie M

Deanna was AMAZING! This is consistent with all other reviews, but she really did go above and beyond to make our day wonderful. Prior to the wedding , she was always willing to help out with any details and give advice, whether it was photography related or not. She put... Read More together our day of schedule, and pretty much served as a wedding planner on top of photographer. I can't speak highly enough of her and Kevin, her second photographer, the day of. They were so calm and organized, that it really made our day completely stress free (and they were SO fun to spend the day with!). Also, her ability to get through family photos quickly and painlessly was MUCH appreciated :) We just got our photos back and are so in love with them. She captured so many great moments throughout the day, and really caught some great memories from the reception for us, my family, and friends.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Alexa F

Deanna has an incredible eye for detail, and watching her adapt to change (whether it's the weather or your day of schedule!) is amazing. She is such a fun and calm presence to be around, and she absolutely delivers what she promises! Oh and as an added bonus, she is so so... Read More personable and kind! There's not much more you could ask for in someone who will be next to you all. day. long!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Joanna G

Where do we begin? I would recommend Deanna to ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE!! Not only is she a great photographer, but she is a wonderful asset to any wedding. She helped plan out the day's timeline and it was perfect, she also kept us on that timeline. She worked so smoothly with all... Read More our other vendors and was just such a ball to have around. She knew and caught every moment we wanted, was efficient with family photographs and she is so determined to make her clients happy. We absolutely ADORE her. Thanks so much Deanna.

2017-09-26T18:39:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. I had a blast on your wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Maegan G

Deanna will be our forever photographer! We spent A LOT of time with Deanna and can’t express our gratitude enough for her kindness, thoughtfulness, creativity, talent, and dedication to her profession! Deanna was involved in almost every aspect of our wedding… and our... Read More honeymoon! She always went above and beyond! She shot our engagement photos, our wedding day, and we brought her to Italy on our honeymoon! She also created our invitations and all our paper products for the wedding and reception including our programs, seating chart poster, bar signs, table numbers, etc. Deanna is so easy-going and we were always so comfortable with her. It made being photographed easy! She was able to capture our personalities in our engagement photos and invitations even though we hadn’t known each other long. At the wedding and reception she and her assistant, Mike, were invisible ninjas! We never noticed them but we have pictures of everything! Our bridal party even loved Deanna! She and her camera were like another member of the bridal party. Her energy and personality shined through and made everyone comfortable in front of the camera. She did a great job capturing the special features of our venue (Museum at Prairie Fire) and vendors (Betty Rae’s ice cream truck) while still making us the focal point of pictures. Our initial plan for taking Deanna to Italy was to have a sunrise shoot at the Vatican. Once we found out that she could make it work (while still taking care of her other brides) we were ecstatic! Deanna joined us for four days in Rome and was snapping picture the whole time! We loved exploring and sightseeing with her. On the day of our shoot, we all got up before dawn and she immediately starting shooting as we were getting ready. She was just as excited as we were. Let me tell you, this lady is dedicated! She even laid in the middle of a cobblestone street covered in pigeon poop to get the angle she wanted for a photo! What started as a simple idea ended up being 6 miles of walking around Rome and included the Vatican, the Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum, and various streets of Rome. Her energy (and coffee) helped keep us going! She was a delight to spend four days of our honeymoon with! All of our photos turned out better than we could have imagined and will forever cherish them. Deanna is truly amazing!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Jessica K. S. D

Deanna and I met in crisis. I had booked another photographer who cancelled on me 4 months before my big day. She recommended I call Deanna. Deanna immediately met with me and calmed my fears about the short notice. When we met she thoroughly went through what to expect, my... Read More expectations/needs/wants, and created a package that was perfect for us. We were having a small wedding in January, so there was no need for a second photographer, engagement shoot, etc. I had a background in photography and had very specific things that I wanted. She happily complied with all of them and gave me great ideas as well. She truly wanted to get to know my husband and I and our story. We were friends 17 years before we ever dated and had met in high school band. She suggested taking pictures at our high school. She was also super excited about that fact that we had never kissed, and was so excited to be able to capture that at the end of our ceremony. I had a challenging family situation and she helped me to navigate it the best way on our big day. She even gave me the idea of having my brother walk in a picture of my mom and place it on the front row to honor her since she had recently passed away. She met with me a second time just to confirm our previous ideas and create a timeline for the day so everyone would be on the same page. Our big day came in what was to be the ice storm of the century. Deanna again reassured me that she would be there and we would still be able to capture everything we wanted, including outdoor shots. She quickly and efficiently worked through our list of photos, and our extended family even commented on how good she was at family groupings and working with children. She had our proofs ready by the time we were back from our honeymoon. Our album layout was also available to preview almost as soon as we gave her our list of photos to be included. There were a few pages that I didn't like the look of. I called Deanna and she met with me at her house so we could create something that I would truly love. She also edited anything that bothered me (a flyaway hair, a light in the background, etc.) She allowed my husband and I to think over our final layout before finally hitting submit. I cannot recommend Deanna enough. She made our day so much more carefree and relaxed because of her prep work ahead of our day. She answered every question, every phone call, and made sure that I felt great about my choice in using her. Deanna far surpassed my expectations, and I would now consider her a friend.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Natalie F

Deanna was SO accommodating and flexible when it came to taking our engagement photos. She went above and beyond to get the perfect shot! We absolutely loved how our engagement photos turned out. It's no surprise that we have several other friends and family members who have... Read More chosen her to photograph their weddings. They made the right choice!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Sheila A

Cannot even state how amazing she is! My daughter did a bridal portrait session that was simply indescribable. The wedding day Deanna and her photographer were everywhere. She then returned on the post-wedding day for sunset photos with the new bride and groom. I don’t know how... Read More she didn’t collapse! Her energy and love for what she does simply shines through. She gets so excited when she sees the shot and that enthusiasm is contagious. She also did our paper products; invitations, reception program and place cards with a custom monogram that were simply stunning and unified the vision my daughter had. I can't recommend her enough. Sheila A, mother of the bride.

2017-07-29T15:59:50 Response from the vendor

Sheila, thank you much for the kind words. I loved working with you and Jenna! Thank you for raising such a sweet daughter.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Derek M

A Day to Adore was our wedding photographer and Deanna was the best photographer ever! We were planning our wedding from a different city and Deanna was beyond helpful. She worked around our schedule when we were visiting Kansas City. She also offered help with anything, which... Read More was sweet when planning a wedding at a distance. She thoroughly took note of the shots we wanted and day of was so organized. Best part, the photography is beautiful! The pictures were unique and perfect for our style. There was no worry from us the day of and she was flexible with getting impromptu pictures. I can't recommend A Day to Adore more!

2017-06-06T16:49:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was such a blast to be a part of your day!!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Kristin K

Deanna of a Day to Adore was one of the best things about our wedding! My husband and I are in the military and we had a rare weekend together in Kansas City. With only 36 hours to plan our ceremony, Deanna was our first call. I had seen her work online and loved the... Read More photojournalist style she uses - she really tells a story, rather than focusing on staged shots 'typical' of weddings. This was so important to us because there were a lot of people who were not at our ceremony. Deanna's shots told our story so beautifully that several friends and family remarked that it felt like they were there! Deanna helped with so much of our wedding planning, assisting me to select a beautiful venue and several options for photo locations. She even recommended the shop where I bought my dress. On the day of the ceremony she showed up and I immediately felt a connection to her. I hate having my pictures taken, but you can see that I am genuinely comfortable and joyful in all the photos. I felt like she was an old friend. Deanna's energy was so important because our wedding was tiny - my, my husband, two friends, the chaplain, and his wife. She actually rode in the wedding car with us so she could get a few shots en route and I just loved having her by my side. I created a Pinterest album to show her what I was looking for, and long after the ceremony I went back and realized that she had recreated and even improved on ALL the shots I'd asked for. The turnaround time for our shots was days, and she even went back and touched up a few photos that we were planning on having printed. I didn't realize that we would get not only the digital prints, but that she would also create a slideshow to music. This was such a lovely touch because it is what we shared with all the family and friends who were not able to be there. Choosing a wedding photographer is one of the most important parts of the vendor process because the photos will be how you re-live your whirlwind day. If you select Deanna and her team, I promise you will be thrilled with your photos and will have a wonderful experience before, during, and after your wedding day as you work with her.

2017-03-27T12:59:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the sweet words! i absolutely loved being a part of your day. It was so sweet!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Diana V

We could not have chosen a better wedding photographer! Deanna was so amazing to work with and definitely went above and beyond in every aspect--100% worth the investment! Having your picture taken can kind of be uncomfortable but Deanna made everything go so smoothly and made... Read More everything very comfortable. We used Deanna for our engagement and wedding pictures and it was so hard to choose our favorite photos--which was a great 'problem' to have. You can tell Deanna is a seasoned professional especially when it came to our wedding shot list of pictures we needed, she made sure we had all of the pictures we wanted and it was in a super timely fashion. The turn-around time to receiving our edited wedding photos was very quick. Deanna also made a photo album that was the perfect display of our big day within a couple of days of letting her know our favorite photos. Deanna's talent and awesome personality really shined through as even our wedding guests complimented us on how sweet and talented she was and how beautifully the pictures turned out. I could go on and on about how great Deanna was to work with and of her talents--these are just a couple of highlights. I would highly recommend Deanna for any event!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Amanda D

Wow! Where to even begin. Deanna is absolutely amazing! She is an incredibly talented photographer with many great and creative ideas!! She is the sweetest person and really makes you feel comfortable with a camera always on you. My husband and I were married on Saturday and she... Read More had our thank you pictures to us by Monday morning so that we could get our cards ordered! Throughout the entire wedding planning process Deanna was always there if I had any wedding planning questions even if it had nothing to do with her job! By the end of our wedding my husband and I felt like she was more our friend than our wedding photographer. You can't go wrong choosing Deanna!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Meagan B

Deanna is amazing in every way. She is extremely detail oriented. Our pictures and invitations turned out perfect. I highly recommend A Day to Adore.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Shelby W

Deanna was one of the best parts of my wedding. She made me feel so confident and comfortable. I absolutely love her and her work.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Sarah P

Deanna was amazing. We worked with her from the very beginning. She did our engagement pictures, save the dates, wedding invitations, paper products for the ceremony and reception, wedding photos, and she printed our wedding album. She is so amazingly talented and creative, and... Read More she really works to not only capture the beauty of the moment but who you are as a couple. She was so helpful and inventive when it came to making our invitations. If you want quality, this is it. My advice to any couple is this: save money on everything except your photos. Your photos last while many things from the day do not. Quality photos are worth it and Deanna offers nothing less than stunning!

2016-10-06T21:55:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the very kind words! I absolutely loved getting to work with you both and getting to know you throughout the planning process!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Brooke B

Deanna made our wedding day absolutely perfect. She was so energized and fun to be around! The pictures turned out beautifully. She captured all of our favorite moments and the little details that were so important to us. She is an amazing photographer and an even better... Read More person.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Daniel L

She was great! The pictures are amazing, she made everything so easy.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Daniel L

She was great! The pictures are amazing, she made everything so easy.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Monica D

Super pleased with Deanna - I'm a pretty awkward photo subject but Deanna captured tons of moments of me, with my husband and wedding party that are natural and gorgeous. Both Deanna and Christine were super easy to work with and helped us make the day great, even when rain... Read More threw off our original photo plans. We had our photos back within a month from the wedding and have spent many hours looking back through them with each other and with our families and friends to relive the day. <3

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Josh S

Deanna is exceptional in every way! She is so easy-going and fun to work with. She did our engagement photos, wedding day photos, and our invitations & wedding programs -- all of them were beyond what I imagined! She made everything so personalized for us and showed (in her... Read More photography and her demeanor) that she really cared about us as people. She's amazing!!!

2016-10-05T23:31:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. I loved working with you both!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Mary Beth P

We loved A Day to Adore Photography for our wedding! Deanna was the perfect fit for us and for our day! She said her objective was to not know that she or her second photographer were there and she accomplished just and it showed in their work. When we looked back at the... Read More video and saw the photographers in the video, we don't ever recall seeing them there. Deanna also did our engagement pictures and all of our stationary for our wedding and again did a fabulous job! She listened to our ideas and what we had in mind and put her creative touch on it to make it turn out to be even better than what we had requested. Her pricing packages are also very reasonable. We went with the A Day to Adore Package and felt every penny was worth it! Thank you Deanna for putting our day to adore into such a beautiful display!!!

2016-10-05T23:32:43 Response from the vendor

I'm so excited we made the video;) We loved being a part of the day!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Nicole H

Deanna is amazing! She is so easy to work with and so organized! Not only did our photographs turn our amazing (both engagement and wedding day) but Deanna is also a delight to work with. My husband and I highly recommend her!

2016-10-05T23:32:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for trusting me with your perfect day!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Megan M

Deanna Johnson is absolutely amazing! She has a special talent of getting everyone to forget that they are having pictures taken and rather that they are just having fun, enjoying time together and then awesome pictures end up coming out of it all! She definitely goes above and... Read More beyond in every aspect, from the first meeting to the receiving the final flash drive in a super cute box with some extra prints. My husband and I were actually very sad that our wedding was over because that meant our relationship with Deanna was over, because in the end, she seemed much more like a friend than just our photographer. My husband and I, our family, and our bridal party for definitely recommend Deanna Johnson!

2016-10-05T23:33:39 Response from the vendor

I can't wait for an excuse to work with you two again as well! The day turned out perfect and I was honored to be a part of it.

Deanna Johnson

Photography found me and I fell in love, almost by accident. One day it was just for fun, now it is my life. It is the thing that I do that has come to define me; the thing that allowed me to gain the self-confidence to live the life everyone else talks about. There is nothing like the click of a shutter and the flutter in your heart when you know that it was a perfect moment that now will be remembered for a lifetime. Photography is a dynamic. It is a challenge with ever changing life and light that you have to be completely immersed in it to understand how it lives and breathes. It is the