Dietary Options

Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cakes + Desserts

51 Warwick Street, Middletown, CT (860) 365-9544

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Matt T

I would highly recommend A Little Imagination Cakes to everyone! Hope was extremely helpful in guiding our decision process; we had no idea what we wanted our cake to look like and she designed something that was perfect! The tasting was great, there were so many options (all... Read More of which were delicious) and we decided on multiple flavors of cupcakes in addition to a small cake for us to cut. Hope was so professional and friendly, she touched base with us several times before the date to ensure all the details were ironed out. The small cake was simple and elegant and was perfect for us; the cupcakes were so cute and all of our guests raved about how delicious they were!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Mary J

Very disappointed with the outcome of my came .Little imagaination cake do not have good customer service and do not deliver well.Their cake is not as good not well designed as they portray on their site.Please do not waste your money or time with this company because you will... Read More be disappointed and your money will go down the drain without any compassion . All the best--

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Jess V

Our cake was amazing! Hope did such an amazing job creating our vision on our cake. The silhouettes of us and the story on each tier came out so great. We love how she combined our two favorite flavors of cake and alternated them on each tier. The cake was delicious and our... Read More guest loved it. They are still talking about how amazing it was!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Kaitlyn S

We got our wedding cake from Hope. It was probably the most delicious cake ever and was so beautiful! The bottom of our 60 guest cake was hand painted with purple sugar flowers. The top, which is our anniversary layer, was a Tardis from Doctor Who. Our flavors were chocolate... Read More raspberry and cherry amaretto with an amaretto buttercream. The cake was wonderful, on time and perfect and we couldn't have asked for anything more amazing!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Rachel J

Hope was phenomenal! Our theme was books and tea, and when we went to speak with Hope she immediately took our ideas and ran with them to create us an amazing cake that was a piece of art. She made a teapot of cake and fondant so amazing for the top layer that some people didn't... Read More realize it was cake rather than a real tea pot. The stacked books for the lower layers were beautifully designed. To match how amazing it looked, it tasted just as good. We had chocolate cake with cookies and cream mousse for one layer, and french vanilla cake with strawberry filling for the other. I honestly couldn't say which was better. Whether you are looking for a traditional cake or something a little more unusual, as we were, I firmly believe Hope could create it. Couldn't have been happier!

2016-07-10T13:44:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We had a wonderful time working with you to create your one of a kind wedding cake!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015

Hope was very friendly and great to work with. When we first sat down to meet with Hope, we had a few ideas but no real vision on what we would want for our cake. After brainstorming, finding out our likes/dislikes, and a few laughs later, Hope took our ideas and used her... Read More insight to draft the perfect cake for our reception. Not only was it exactly what we wanted on paper, but Hope was able to execute the cake successfully for our reception! Multiple guests told us how delicious the cookies and cream cake was and it looked beautiful. I would highly recommend Hope to other brides to make their day even more incredible!!

2015-11-06T13:12:49 Response from the vendor

Jasmit, thank you so much! We loved being given the opportunity to turn your dream cake into a reality for you! All the best! ~ ALIC Team

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Amazing! From our first meeting to eating our beautiful cake on our weding day, working with Hope at A Little Imagination Cakes was wonderful. We came in with no specific design in mind, just an overall feeling we wanted to convey thoughout the wedding. With noting but our... Read More wedding colors and our answers to a few questions, Hope was able to sketch out the perfect cake (and it Looked JUST like the sketch on our big day!!) The flavors were amazing and the cakes were moist and delicious! we'd reccomend A Little Imagination cakes for all your cakey needs!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Sarah Q

Working with Hope at A Little Imagination Cakes could not have been easier! I was out of state planning a CT wedding and Hope was extremely flexible so that I could schedule a tasting over Christmas. She was so accommodating and very responsive to emails. Not only was Hope... Read More amazing, but her cake was as well. I gave her a picture to work off of and she sketched it up and the final product looked just like the picture I had given her! The flavor was out of this world! Thank you so much Hope for making this process of the wedding planning so easy!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 addison a

WOW My guests all thought it was the best cake they ever had at a wedding. It was beautiful and tasted just as delicious! Give them a call and you won't be disappointed

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Samantha S

Hope was so wonderful to work with during our planning process. Not only do her cakes taste absolutely amazing, but she is so creative and willing to design anything you want. Our cake and cupcakes came out beautiful and just as we had imagined! I would highly recommend Hope to... Read More design your wedding cake!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

A Little Imagination Cake used A LOT of Imagination. I mean: Hope followed my theme, but when I asked for something 'different' as well, she went for it! She even created a hexagon three-tiered cake! How cool! She then made a special cake for our ring bears because they... Read More have food allergies! Hope was prompt, professional and creative! I could not ask for a better experience and I would recommend A Little Imagination Cakes a million time over! Thank you so much for making our wedding day dreams come true!!!! Christine Pasquale, Middletown, CT

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

One of the best! We decided to go with cupcakes for our wedding this October because it was cheaper. We went with 150 of 3 types of cupcakes with fall decorations. They were amazing!! First, they were delicious. We had a great tasting where we could select the flavor... Read More combinations. Our guests are still raving about how yummy they were. Second, they were decorated in the cutest fall theme that totally fit our wedding theme. And the table setup was great. Everyone was talking about it. They were all on cute bark pedastels of different tiers and all along the table. Everyone was taking pictures. I would recommend A Little Imagination Cakes to everyone. Very reasonable and delicious. You get what you want!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Jennifer L

Hope was amazing. First, she was extremely easy to work with and had a lot of different ideas based on what we were looking for. Second, the actual cake/cupcakes we had at our wedding were AMAZING. Our guests could not get enough...literally. They went up multiple times to... Read More get another taste of Hope's cupcakes. We couldn't have asked for a better company to work with.

Better than expected

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Tayte O

In addition to 5 tier wedding cake, we ordered 2 groom's cakes that definitely were specialty cakes. We gave some basic sketches and Hope Wright created extraordinary cakes. When she delivered the first one, we had chillbumps! Her attention to detail is outstanding. She also... Read More offers so many flavors, you're sure to find several you'll like. One of our cakes was red velvet and a favorite. Very much recommend A Little Imagination Cakes.

great

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Kate T

I used A Little Imagination for a grooms cake. It looked amazing and tasted fabulous. Great decision!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Georgina Y

We loved everything about A Little Imagination Cakes. Working with Hope was very easy. She set up a fantastic tasting and was very receptive to our ideas. She was super easy to work with the entire time. And she really delivered on the cake! I brought her a photo of what I... Read More wanted the cake to look like and the one she made was even more beautiful than the photograph. And it was delicious! The guests loved it and I'm still enjoying the leftovers!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015

Fantastic cake, looked and tasted great, guests very happy. Couldn't have asked for more for the price. Thanks!

Perfection!

Reviewed on 3/05/2015 Carole M

I went to Hope from A Little Imagination Cakes for my June 2014 wedding. When I met her, I came with a few ideas, and she ran away with it and made the most beautiful, classic, and delicious cake ever. My husband was deployed at the time of the meeting and had his first bite at... Read More the wedding and could not stop raving about how well it tasted - and he is picky about cakes. You will not be disappointed! -Carole, Connecticut

Better than expected!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Rebecca B

From the first email, to our consultation, to our wedding itself, Hope Wright from A Little Imagination Cakes by far surpassed our expectations. We looked around for a while to find a cake decorator who would take our dreams and make them a reality. We were looking for a... Read More woodsy realistic tree-trunk cake. Our consultation was so easy. Hope gave us cake samples to try and it was sooo hard to pick just two for our cake (we ended up with Thai Iced Tea with vanilla icing and Devils Food cake with Peanut Butter Ganache). Hope asked us about our wedding theme, and what we wanted our cake to look like, and came up with an idea and quick sketch to show us right then and there. Her ideas brought our vision to life. The moment I saw our wedding cake in person, I was shocked at how amazing and perfect it came out. It looked like REAL tree trunks. Amazing! I did not want our cake tasting to end because the cake was so delicious. I could have eaten the whole thing in one sitting! We are so happy to have chosen Hope and her company for our wedding cake. If you are up in the air about hiring her, take my advice and DO IT! You will not be dissapointed!

Cake

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Our caterer suggested two different bakers to us, andboth of them were a disappointment for us. We knew we wanted something different and figured it was worth a shot to try a little imagination cakes. We were hooked once we met with Hope, tasted and talked design. Hope was... Read More able to design a cake that was almost to pretty to eat. One of the nice things was that my now mother in law surprised me with a bridal shower cake from her and Hope made sure the incorporate a few touches from our design into the shower cake. Thank you and sorry for taking so long to review you.

Two Cakes Are Better Than One

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 T W

Hope designed the perfect wedding cakes!!! Every detail was perfected and the taste was amazing. Our wedding cake was just the beginning, Hope made a groom’s cake that had great sentimental value. Her mastery allowed her to keep the groom's cake a secret from my, now, husband at... Read More every meeting!! Can you believe it? We actually talked about two cakes and he never knew!! I was more than pleased with her services and so were my guests. Everyone raved about the cake and I actually had more than one piece!!! Thank you so much Hope!!! We really enjoyed our cakes and had leftovers!!!

Still dreaming about the best cake ever!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Amanda M

I am still dreaming about my wedding cake. Four tiers of sugared glittery perfection. Obsessed. From start to finish, we had an amazing experience with Hope and A Little Imagination Cakes. During our planning meeting, we had the chance to show her a few of the ideas we had in... Read More mind for design ideas, all while sampling, of course. She had a few cake flavors to sample, along with a few fillings, and buttercream. We were able to mix and match, putting together our top combination of flavors. By the end of the session, she had a sketch ready for us. On the wedding day, one of my bridesmaids came running upstairs shouting, “OMG, your cake is AMAZING.” True story, our cake made it to Instagram before we did. The design was even better than we could have imagined (all glitter!), and guests continue to rave about how delicious it was. No saving the top layer for a year later– we brought it with us on our mini-moon, ordered room service champagne, and ate it for breakfast. Perfect way to start the day! Not just your standard "wedding cake," so much better. Thank you Hope!

Stunning, Delicious & Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Deanna G

From our first meeting to the delivery of our cake- Hope was fantastic to work with! Her professionalism, creativity and ability to create exactly what we dreamed of made our special day perfect. Everyone at the wedding commented on the gorgeous cake and then couldn't believe... Read More how delicious it was, too! Hope has certainly eared a customer for life with us! We could not be happier and would not change a single thing. Thank you Hope for making our dream cake!!!!!!

Dream come true

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Nicole T

There aren’t enough words to describe how thrilled I was with A Little Imagination Cakes and their work on my 9/21 wedding cake. I met Hope at the Hartford Bridal Expo last year and I was just floored by the beauty and detail in her work. I knew that she was who I wanted to... Read More make my wedding cake. I work in the art field and as a very detail-oriented person (and as a bride with cake pretty high on my priority list) I had very specific vision of what I wanted my cake to be. I wanted a bright, artistic, watercolor cake with ruffles, and Hope sure delivered. She was genuinely interested and excited in my ideas, and once she whipped out her shoebox of colored pencils to start sketching, I knew she was the perfect fit for me. Hope’s cake was very tasty and her prices were super reasonable for the level of artistic detail involved. She was easy to work and communicate with, was very receptive to my ideas and also offered her professional opinion. I decided to do cake and cupcakes because hubby and I loved too many flavors- we had red velvet/chocolate mousse, lemon/vanilla buttercream, and coconut/coconut. I was completely confident in her abilities, but was still amazed by how gorgeous AND tasty my cake was. Hope hit it out of the park—it was completely perfect. We got so many compliments on how fantastic the cake was. I highly, highly recommend A Little Imagination Cakes to any bride who wants a cake that is equal parts gorgeous and delicious.

Stress free and fun!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Janet H

After meeting Hope I knew that our cake would be perfect. She was wonderful to work with and made the process fun and stress free. We gave her a few ideas and she was able to create exactly what we were looking for. Our cake was not only beautiful but delicious. I would... Read More definitely work with her again. Thank you Hope!