Small Town Personality...Big City Style

A Little Something White is a luxury, full-service bridal boutique serving brides in Connecticut and the surrounding areas. We are dedicated to making sure your experience is infused with style, positivity, confidence, and the recognition that every bride deserves to feel celebrated for who she is.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

1292 Boston Post Road, 2nd Floor, Darien, CT (203) 309-5110

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Kelly G

You MUST get your dress here!!! It is an amazing little shop with dresses of every style! They have bridesmaid dresses too. I had my own personal appointment so all focus was on me which made me feel so special. I was never rushed and was able to try on so many different... Read More dresses. We started with a few that I thought I liked and then after they took my feedback and gave me different dresses to try on. I found the most amazing dress!! Afterwards they were so great, always followed up, let me know when my dress was in and that my fittings were perfectly scheduled. Wouldn't go anywhere else!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Amanda F

I could talk about how amazing A Little Something White Bridal Couture is all day. My original plan was to find a wedding stress in New York City (where I live and work) since I figured the best selection had to be there and it would be easy to go to fittings during my lunch... Read More break. I got married in Westchester so I also decided to take a drive over to this store one weekend to "pre-shop" before I hit the Manhattan stores. I am so glad that I ended up coming here first. I worked with Amber who had me try on about 30 dresses. All of the dresses I tried on that day were so beautiful and the selection was incredible. After falling in love with the first dress I put on, I came back with my Dad a week later and officially "said yes" to a Mira Zwillinger A-Line gown. The store itself is beautiful, amazing lighting and so clean/organized. The level of attention that you get here is above all else. There are generally only 1-2 brides in the store at the same time as you. Scheduling the fittings was also really easy and the seamstress who worked on my dress had been doing this for about 20 years with a lot of institutional knowledge of the industry. I highly recommend ALSW for that extra personal touch and gorgeous selection of gowns.

Reviewed on 4/05/2018 Elena H

A little something white felt like a wedding dress factory, they were trying to just push as many brides through their as possible. My sales person was late (I had an appt 1 month in advance) extremely rushed, and was no help at all in terms of suggesting bridal styles. The... Read More inventory at a little something white is also VERY slim. While looking through the racks (which I had to do myself because my sales person was too busy) I didn’t see many different types of options. If you like illusion though, you’d probably find what you want. I would suggest going somewhere more local if you are looking for the experience because a little something white did not provide that at all. And when your mother and friends are uncomfortable too, it just ruins the entire day.

2018-04-12T22:28:18 Response from the vendor

Hi Elena, I am so sorry you had this experience with us. To think we disappointed one of our sweet brides to this extent is hard for me to stomach! Everyone who walks through our door is special to us, including you. We do our... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/29/2018 Jennifer S

This was one of my favorite experiences of the whole wedding process. I had tried on a few dresses at 1 or 2 other stores in NYC, where I live and work, but am SO glad I came to ALSW for my dress. Amber was so helpful, intuitive, and approachable. She never made me feel rushed... Read More or pressured and I ended up coming back a second time before purchasing my dress. She truly cares and listens to what you're saying (and not saying). All the other staff members are incredible as well. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 3/28/2018 Nicole C

My experience at a little something white was an absolute dream. I was nervous about dress shopping and Amber put me completely at ease and listened to what i said. Based on my feedback of the first dress i tried on she brought out the dress that wound up being the one! 10/10... Read More would recommend!!!

Reviewed on 3/13/2018 Melissa F

I grew up in Connecticut but live out of state. I chose to go dress shopping in Connecticut first, so that I could include my mom, grandmother, and sister that still live there. I went to A Little Something White and found a dress I absolutely loved! I worked with Kim and she... Read More was great with pulling dresses based on my style until I found the perfect one!! I was a little unsure about ordering the dress to ship to my house in another state, because I wouldn't be able to make the trip up to Connecticut for my alterations. Kim assured me that the office could provide me a list of seamstresses in my area that they trust. I was sold and ended up buying the dress. At the time of purchase I was told that I would be sent a list of seamstresses soon after. I reached out to the store 4 months after buying the dress asking for the list so that I could start calling around. At this time Kim told me that the store owner would look into it for me. 4 months after that I contacted Kim again since I still did not receive a list. I was told that she would go to the store that day and look for me. Again, I did not hear back. At this point my dress had come in. I asked another office manager about getting a list and was told that she contacted the owner, Ashley. After another two weeks of trying to get the list I contacted Ashley directly who apologized and said she would touch base with me in a few days. This was almost TWO MONTHS ago. I still have not received a list and have since taken matters into my own hands and found a seamstress in my area on my own since my wedding is in two months. I am incredibly disappointed with the level of service provided by A Little Something White. After spending thousands of dollars on my wedding dress and hair piece from them, I found them to be unreliable and unorganized. I would NOT recommend them to any current or future brides. While their dress selections are beautiful the management of the business was very poor.

2018-03-13T20:58:06 Response from the vendor

Hi Melissa, thank you so much for expressing your concerns here. I personally sent you an email with seamstress recommendations on both January 31st and February 1st, and I'm not sure why you didn't receive my emails. We will call you tomorrow to discuss this... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/23/2018 Holly S

Olivia helped make my perfect dress a reality! I spoke with her on the phone in regards to a specific style I wanted to try and she set up an appointment for me that weekend. The dress was absolutely everything I hoped it would be! ALSW has a beautiful inventory of gowns, a... Read More gorgeous showroom, and most of all a great staff! I felt like Olivia was genuinely excited and invested in my decision and helped guide me every step of the way! Thank you ALSW!!

Reviewed on 2/08/2018 Kristen C

This was such a wonderful place to look at wedding gowns. The experience was great and was even provided with champagne for the first dress I tried on Since I was with a group of people. I emailed the manager with some questions after I left and she got back to me right away!!

Reviewed on 2/08/2018 Diana M

This was my first stop to look for a wedding dress. I came here with my mom and sister. I had a few places lined up, but this was my first appointment, and I am so happy it was!! First of all, it's in a beautiful location, right off the highway, and the building is so cute! The... Read More moment we walked in we were greeted by the nicest receptionist and offered champagne. Liz was the person who assisted me that day. She was beyond amazing to us! We clicked so easily and she made me feel so comfortable. It was so easy to talk to her and work with her; she made the whole process so much fun too! I’m not going to ramble on because I tend to do that a lot .. But long story short, the first dress I tried on was the one I chose! It was like they picked my brain and designed a dress just the way I envisioned it before I even got there. I came out to show my mom and sister and we were all in tears. I know some people aren't that lucky, and believe me I am the most indecisive person on the planet, but it was perfect. I tried on other dresses after but always came back to the first one. They have an incredible collection of gowns! Sareh Nouri, the designer of the dress was also there. She was having a trunk show at A Little Something White, which I had no idea, but I was very lucky I was able to meet the mastermind who created the most beautiful dress!! She even worked with us a little and helped with the veil style. I felt like I was in a movie! It was an unforgettable day. I am so happy and I cannot stop thinking about the dress and I can’t wait to go back there to try it on again and pick out accessories! If you are a bride to be, please go to A Little Something White, it will be the best decision you make and I guarantee you’ll find your dream dress like I did! 

Reviewed on 1/30/2018 Vanessa B

My daughter selected a beautiful Sareh Nouri dress during our first visit to ALSW and the champagne flowed! Sadly, the alteration process was a nightmare culminating in tears on the designated pickup day a week before the wedding. During the initial visit we asked the sales... Read More rep to call Sareh Nouri's store because we disagreed with her size recommendation. Sareh Nouri agreed with us that smaller was better. The fitting process went downhill from there and is not the happy memory that Ashley, the owner, advertises. I even called mid alteration process to express concerns - the seamstress never used a yardstick to measure the hem from the floor up and she told us how difficult it was to hem a circle. I was assured that the seamstress was the best in the state of CT. Ashley later told me she wished that she had known about my call. To their credit, ALSW is transparent about the average alteration price range of $600 to $800. The seamstress (Bridget) told us it would probably be less because the alterations were not major - hem the lace and lining, add two buttons for the bustle, take in the bodice slightly, and adjust the straps. When we arrived the Sunday before the wedding to pick up the dress, the hem of the skirt lining was uneven and had a jagged rough cut, the lace overlay hung above the lining in places, there was a bulge in the bodice noticeable in the wedding pictures, and the bustle was uneven. First, they told us we would have to return which was not possible so they summoned Bridget who arrived about an hour later with her sewing machine and magnifying lens. She attempted to fix the uneven hem and told me I had a good eye when I identified the cause of the uneven bustle - one button was an inch lower than the other. It appeared that she had fixed the bulge in the bodice but it reared its ugly head the day of the wedding! When it was time to pay ALSW for the alterations, I asked for a discount and was surprised that the store associate told me I would have to negotiate directly with the seamstress even though ALSW provides the seamstress and promotes her as the best in the state! I politely declined so they called Ashley, the owner. They returned with an offer of $600 which in my view was not a discount. But my daughter and I were emotionally exhausted after nearly four hours, and she and her fiancee needed to drive back to Boston. So I figured I would contact the owner later. Unfortunately, I signed their agreement in essence saying I was satisfied with the dress, and therefore limiting my recourse. When I exchanged several e-mails with Ashley to try to get a 'real' discount, her solution was for me to drive back to meet with the seamstress. Then she offered me a discount on their $400 dress cleaning service which I was not even getting. In my opinion, ALSW's primary focus is on their bottom line and not customer satisfaction. I should have read Ashley's bio which notes that she worked in investment banking. I did too and her margin on alterations requires perfection! So BUYER BEWARE and have your dress altered elsewhere!

2018-02-01T22:01:47 Response from the vendor

Vanessa, as we have discussed in the past, I am disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your daughter’s experience at A Little Something White. I care about your daughter greatly and would have loved nothing more than for her to walk away from... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/25/2018 Arielle P

The whole experience was perfect and the entire staff was so welcoming, from the moment I made the phone call to book the appointment!

Reviewed on 1/25/2018 Cindy H

I had an amazing experience at A Little Something White, they had several dress selections. My stylist was Olivia who was just wonderful and helpful! I found my dress here and Id recommend it!

Reviewed on 1/24/2018 Bianca R

This place is a complete gem. I was searching everywhere for a wedding dress and my manager so happened to share with me that a few of her friends who recently got married, found their dress here. So I decided to give it a shot. The shop is gorgeous, the staff was so... Read More accommodating, kind and excited for me. They worked with me to be sure that I found the perfect dress for me and were so patient. I left feeling so excited! I absolutely would highly, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/22/2018 Haleigh L

The staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. It was the 3rd salon i walked in to, and still had very little direction. I wan't expecting to fall in love with a dress but my consultant was amazing! Their salon is clean, bright and has an amazing selection of dresses.... Read More Highly recommenced!

Reviewed on 1/19/2018 Jill K

I had a wonderful time picking out my gown from ASW; however, the alterations process was a nightmare. At each fitting, my seamstress seemed to not remember what we had done in the previous fitting and when I came to pick up the gown (5 days before my wedding...) the hem was... Read More unfinished & uneven and the bodice had a massive crease that could not be ironed/pressed/steamed out. I looked like the leaning tower of Pisa. The photos would have turned out better if I had just clipped myself into the unaltered gown. Very disappointed with the process and the unfortunate reminder is glaringly apparent in all of my photos from the day.

2018-01-24T22:31:55 Response from the vendor

Hi Jill, thank you for leaving comments about your experience with us. At the core of our mission is to make sure that all brides feel taken care of and are happy with the process of working with us, from the first phone call to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 James P

A Little Something White was my first and only stop while shopping for my wedding dress! I was definitely not expecting to fall in love with a dress on my first appointment, but my bridal consultant Olivia absolutely nailed it!! I showed her a picture of a dress that I liked -... Read More and the dresses she picked for me were so much better than I could have ever imagined! A Little Something White is cute, clean, and everything you could ask for in a Bridal Couture. We were greeted with a friendly face and celebrated with champagne when I said YES! The boutique has a wide variety of dresses, so you will definitely be able to find something in your budget. Olivia did a great job picking out styles that I liked (or even ones I didn't think I would like but then fell in love with) while staying within my budget. I recommend A Little Something White to ALL brides!

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Cindy K

I had THE BEST experience at A Little Something White! I work in NYC and live 15 minutes away, so I thought visiting a few places in the city was the best option. (What could be better than NYC?!) Then I quickly learned it was the opposite! After feeling discouraged, I was... Read More really hoping my experience at ALSW would be better. Well... better is an understatement! It was amazing! From the moment you walk in, you feel special. I worked with Ashley, the owner who is so knowledgeable, attentive and truly excited to help you. There are also an endless amount of options of all shapes and styles. The shop looks small, but don't let it fool you! I had so many amazing dresses to choose from! I said YES to my dress and I'm so excited to wear it! If you are in the area, be sure to stop in! You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Tori S

I highly recommend using A Little Something White for all your bridal needs! Out of all the bridal boutiques we visited this was by far the best experience. The store has a beautiful selection of gowns and bridesmaid dresses. The owner Ashley is so helpful and knowledgeable. If... Read More she is available I recommend scheduling your appointment with her.

2017-12-14T21:45:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the sweet words. It has been such a pleasure working with you and I am so excited to see everything come together for your wedding next year! xo, Ashley

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Elissa M

ALSW is the BEST in Fairfield County! I had the most amazing experience while finding my dress and during my fittings. Kim and Kathy were a true dream team! The store is beautiful, easy to browse and has exceptional customer service. I was able to get appointments to easily... Read More accommodate my busy nurse schedule, which was huge for me. I also found my bridesmaids' dresses here, which were absolutely stunning. Kim coordinated the 11 girls finding their dresses and collecting their payments so I did not need to worry about any of it! Easily to get to right off of 95. Parking can be tricky so definitely carpool if shopping with a large group. Highly recommended for any bride looking for individualized attention and exceptional gowns!

2017-12-14T21:46:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone know about your experience! We are so happy you had such a great time at A Little Something White....we certainly loved working with you! Have a wonderful holiday season with your husband!!! xo

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Shannon P

Working with a little something white reduced all my wedding stress! From the moment I walked in I was well taken care of. Kim listened to my price point and style of dress, and actually was the one who found it! Once I put it on I couldn't take it off. They even allowed me to... Read More come back to the next day and try it on one more time before I placed my deposit. The seamstress, Bridget was phenomenal. She even accommodated my work schedule allowing me to come to her home studio. I can't say enough good things - I have told all my newly engaged friends to go to A Little something white to look for their gown.

2017-12-14T21:47:56 Response from the vendor

Awww thank you so much for these kind words!! We are so happy you had such a wonderful experience. We absolutely loved working with you! And we promise to take good care of your friends who come to us!! xo

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Jessica M

I purchased my wedding dress from this beautiful boutique, A Little Something White. The entire staff including, Ashley, Kim, Liz, and my incredible seamstress, Bridget, was so easy to work with and truly made me feel special. You could tell that they care so much about... Read More their brides through their work: from helping me pick out the perfect dress and accessories, the flexibility in their scheduling, and their attention to detail in the alterations process. If you want a stress-free experience in a beautiful boutique with lots of great dress options, this just might be the place for you.

2017-12-14T21:51:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We loved working with you and we are so happy that everyone at the store worked to make your experience so special! We hope you and your husband have a wonderful holiday season!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Emily R

A Little Something White is the best!! From the moment I walked in to pick out a dress to the moment I left with my final, altered, and pressed dress in hand, it was an incredible experience. From the owner, Ashley, to Kim, who helped me pick out my dress, Liz who helped me... Read More accessorize, and the wonderful tailor Bridget, every single person was a joy to work with. I could not recommend them more highly - made a potentially stressful process a ton of fun. THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Naomi R

I had a wonderful experience with A Little Something White – from the first appointment with Amber, trying on dresses with my mother & maid of honor by my side, to the final fittings for my beautiful Pronovias gown, it felt personalized and very special. I had first visited... Read More Kleinfeld’s and initially saw my dress there, but ended up buying it at A Little Something White the next day for the more personalized experience. In addition to my gown, I chose a lace jacket for my ketubah signing & ceremony, and Amber was super helpful in finding the perfect jacket and ensuring it came out just right. Bridget did beautiful alternations, and the bustle was so easy that my husband was able to do it himself after the ceremony!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Jessica P

I have nothing but great things to say about Ashley and A little something white! This was the first place I went to look and the last. Ashley made everything fun and made me feel very comfortable. You can tell they really care about their customers. I would definitely recommend... Read More A little something white to anyone looking!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Caroline C

Beautiful and classy store with a great bridal collection - specifically Pronovias. Liz was so helpful, down to earth and knew when to take a step back or give advice. She made a few suggestions that we didn't think of or know would be possible, which was greatly appreciated. I... Read More highly recommend making a visit to this store and booking an appointment with her.