Small Town Personality...Big City Style

A Little Something White is a luxury, full-service bridal boutique serving brides in Connecticut and the surrounding areas. We are dedicated to making sure your experience is infused with style, positivity, confidence, and the recognition that every bride deserves to feel celebrated for who she is.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

1292 Boston Post Road, 2nd Floor, Darien, CT (203) 309-5110

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Stephanie K

I recently found my dress at A little Something White in Darien, CT. From start to finish I had a terrific experience. The store is absolutely adorable and the staff are super sweet. I had the privilege to have Kim as my bridal consultant. Her genuine, honest, and friendly... Read More personality put me, my mom, and my aunt at ease. Each dress she chose was gorgeous and I had a hard time choosing. But, we ended up finding the perfect one for me!!! I couldn't be happier to have finally found my gown at A little Something White. I highly recommend this place to any bride that wants a calm and fulfilling experience.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Thais S

I don't have enough positive words to describe my wonderful experience with A Little Something White and Ashley, the owner. ALSW is truly special: the boutique is super charming and the people working there are more than welcoming and nice - I feel that's exactly how shopping... Read More for your wedding dress should be like and I wouldn't change a thing. Before finding my dress at ALSW, I visited a lot of stores in NYC and I'm 100% sure that none of them would offer the same treatment that I received at ALSW, nor have the same vibe. It was truly an experience. Before visiting them for the first, I was almost deciding for a different dress, something that I've shared with them. But then I saw my dress at ALSW and everything changed... I was never pressured to choose their dress - Ashley even made compliments on the other dress when I shared my doubts. I spent a week trying to decide... And I remember thinking that maybe it would be harder to give up the experience of buying my dress at ALSW than the dress itself!!! Many months later, when the dress finally arrived, all the way from Israel, there were some things that I wasn't happy about (all because I decided to change some details on the original dress when I made my order). And I thought that nothing could be done about it, since the dress came from such a long distance and we only had 2 more weeks before I had to leave for my wedding. BUT nothing is impossible to Ashley: she contacted the designer and had extra fabric and lace delivered in a WEEK - from Israel to CT. How impressive is that?! I still can't believe it. She even called the FedEx guy and made him come back on the same day when the first delivery attempt failed - something they don't usually do. Like I said: you wouldn't get this type of treatment anywhere else! The alterations were made very fast and they did everything possible to accommodate all my appointments in such a little time. My dress looks perfect and I couldn't be happier! I don't usually write reviews, but I loved ALSW so much that I just have to. My family doesn't live in the US, so buying my wedding dress alone was a daunting thought. Ashley made it easier than I expected and special! I truly recommend ALSW to all brides out there and I hope they also fall in love with a dress there too... I'm sure only good things will follow! :)

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Margurite B

Literally the BEST experience. Kim was amazing and totally knew what I was looking for. She- and Ashley- made the process so easy. My mother and I could not have been happier.

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Rainey G

I'm not big on having all eyes on me so I was slightly dreading dress shopping but Kim made me feel comfortable and at ease throughout the whole experience. She listened to my likes and dislikes and knew exactly which dresses to show me, while staying entirely within the budget... Read More we gave her. While I did fall in love with a dress that day, since it had been my first shopping trip I was uneasy with immediately purchasing. However, nobody tried to push us into a purchase, Kim simply said to let her know if we found anything else we liked elsewhere. After trying another salon that week and again finding the dress I originally loved, we returned to A Little Something White the following weekend to buy the dress from them. The customer service here is top notch and you'll feel truly special while they help make your wedding dreams come true.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Helen C

I recently visited this bridal shop for my first experience of trying on wedding dresses. Amber helped me & she was fantastic from start to finish! They are very accommodating & patient in helping you find that perfect gown. Although I didn't exactly find what I was looking for... Read More & wanted to experience trying on more gowns, this bridal shop hands down is very professional & I would recommend anyone to check them out! There's nothing bad to say about it!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Jordan H

The experience here was truly incredible. I was a little concerned about dress shopping given that I'm not a huge fan of shopping in general, but Amber was so helpful and knowledgeable. I loved how she let my family pick a few dresses and then took it from there. It made it fun,... Read More but still productive. The space was comfortable, clean, pretty and easily accommodated the 8 people I had with me. I had a corner of the salon to myself with its own dressing room and mirror which added to the pleasant experience. The dress selection was plentiful, but with Amber's help we were all in tears by the fifth or sixth one (happy tears). I never thought that moment was really something that happened outside of tv shows, but I was wrong. We all had so much fun- I really can't say enough good things. Thank you so much, Amber and team!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Sabrina M

Beautiful place ! They took a lot of time to help me. I was not rushed. Many other places rush you. Great experience.

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Donna S

A Little Something White is the perfect bridal salon. From the moment you walk into the beautiful salon to the moment you leave with your perfect dress you are treated with incomparable customer service and an incredibly expansive collection of bridal gowns, bridal party and... Read More prom/graduation dresses. I have recommended ALSW to all my friends and their daughters.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Michaela G

I purchased my dress and bridesmaid dress from A Little Something White. Ashley and her team have been wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Donna C

A beautiful boutique! Its magical. The best selection of dresses in New England. Perfect dresses and jewelry. The staff goes over and above to help you find exactly what you are looking for and are warm and friendly! My experience was amazing and I have a beautiful mother... Read More of the bride's dress and earrings to match. You MUST visit!!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Meredith K

Beautiful space, gorgeous selection of various designers and styles, superior customer service and guidance. What more could you ask for? I felt at home among family at ALSW and it met every one of my dress shopping dreams!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Rachel R

The entire team at A Little Something White is exceptional. From the moment I walked in to look for my gown to the moment I left my first appointment to order the dress I was treated like a VIP. The entire team is professional, warm and welcoming. My consultant listened... Read More attentively, checked out my Pinterest for inspiration and was unbelievably considerate. She acted as excited as I was about the whole process. I cannot recommend this boutique highly enough! I can't wait to see my dress when it arrives later this year.

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Amy K

I bought my (stunning) wedding gown, removable lace top for church, and veil at ALSW. They custom designed my veil for me with the designer, and it came out perfect. They also have an unbelievable estate/vintage/antique jewelry/accessory collection, from which I bought a... Read More gorgeous pair of 1940’s clip-on earrings, which ALSW sent out to get posted for me. We also went back to ALSW for our bridesmaids’ dresses. Everything in the shop is beautiful and high-end from top to bottom, they offer a variety of price points, and the staff is incredibly patient and kind. We first looked at dresses with Amber, and she took the time to really get to know what I thought I wanted. She let us pull dresses to try on, and she also made recommendations both within the realm of what I thought I wanted, but also by throwing in some different types of dresses that she thought I might be interested in based on what I was describing. This was great because I ended up picking out something Amber suggested! The shop was extremely accommodating when one of my bridesmaids unexpectedly got pregnant after she had ordered her dress. They were incredibly reasonable in helping her to order a new dress at cost. We had a couple of items that we ordered arrive either incorrect or damaged from the designer (all the designer’s mistake), and ALSW made sure they got everything fixed and taken care of prior to my first fitting (they even drove to meet a UPS truck that had a part of my dress on it before my fitting!). Their seamstress is incredibly talented and did a phenomenal job at listening to my every request/concern about the fit of the dress. Right now, I am getting my dress preserved with ALSW! My only suggestion would be to ask when you schedule your appointments for a non-busy time. I found that when they were busy, it was tough to feel like you had all of your consultant’s attention on you. I also felt on two occasions like brides who were shopping for dresses were sort of “on top of us.” Since this is such an important, once-in-a-lifetime experience, often in which you bring your family with you, that made the experience feel a little less intimate. But all-in-all I would 100% highly recommend ALSW. My wedding day look was perfection!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Kelly F

Amazing service - such a lovely staff and Ashley, the owner, is so personable and easy to work with. They made this process fun and seamless!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Barbara Jean M

A Little Something White was the first bridal salon I visited and I could have not been happier. On 1/7 it snowed and we were almost an hour late for my 3:00 pm appointment (store closes at 4:00!) Kim stayed with us until 5:30! She went above and beyond. She made me feel super... Read More comfortable and was so attentive. I am so happy that I was able to get my dress here and I recommend this store to anyone who is still looking for theirs!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Emily D

Ashley Krauss was an absolute dream to work with. I went in for a bridesmaids dress fitting and she made us feel right at home. I would highly recommend her to any bridesmaids or brides in the area.

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Veronica C

A Little Something White exceeded all of my expectations. I had looked for dresses in NYC at a few different places, and although I found some dresses that I loved, ultimately it was the people, space and convenience of A Little Something White. All of the staff seemed to... Read More love their jobs and helping brides find their perfect dress. They were courteous, respectful, honest, and friendly. Not only did I love my dress, but I loved everyone I worked with to make sure the dress was perfect for me. I cannot thank them enough!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 meg l

The staff here is incredible, while I didn't purchase my dress from the store, they were beyond knowledgeable and accommodating with what worked and didn't work for my tastes and budget. I would highly recommend this place to any bride who has no idea what she wants, as they are... Read More very good and narrowing the search and finding something that is both flattering and affordable! Great experience.

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Lauren G

I booked an appointment here on a whim as they were one of the few bridal boutiques in the area with a particular designer I was interested in. Ashley was able to squeeze me in on a Saturday of the same week and I am forever grateful. I worked with Amber who was my very own... Read More "bride whisperer" - I had tried on 26 dresses by this appointment and was getting antsy that I would never find the one! Unlike many of the bridal salons I had visited, Amber let me pull some dresses that I saw and liked and it was highly appreciated the prices were listed so I could stay within my budget (this is also the only place who didn't pull me anything outside of my budget - thank you!). During my appointment I tried on 9 dresses and I loved nearly half of them - a feeling I didn't get with any of the previous 25. Amber helped take my inspiration photos and pair it with her bridal knowledge to pull a dress that took into account all of the details I was looking for but with a bodice and dress shape that suited my body type perfectly. I felt beautiful in dress after dress and it felt like a special experience rather than a dress factory. I purchased the dress of my dreams and highly recommend A Little Something White! Looking forward to the big day and this experience has been the highlight of wedding planning thus far.

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 zoe f

I came to a little something white for my first go at dress shopping. I had no idea what I wanted but the consultant helping me was amazing. We clicked immediately. She was extremely patient since my MOH and I kept going back and forth between styles and we really didn't know... Read More what looked good. I didn't end up buying my dress there but I had a great experience and would recommend to anyone in the area!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Cristina G

The whole team at ALSW was awesome to work with and so incredibly friendly. Not only did I get my dress here, but so did my wife! They were so much fun to work with and made sure that you felt comfortable and happy with every aspect of your dress! They truly deliver an... Read More unforgettable experience. I highly recommend to anyone looking for an all around lovely bridal gown experience.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Vanessa B

What an amazing store. I knew from the minute I walked in that I would get my gown here. The store itself is beautiful - exactly how a bridal shop should look. The staff was amazing and professional. I worked with Amber and I felt she truly understood what I was looking for. The... Read More first dress she pulled out and showed me ended up being my dress. She nailed it immediately! I tried on many other beautiful dresses, but ultimately went with the first one and I couldn’t have been happier. They were incredibly organized and thorough with everything - from the sizing, to the fitting appointments, to the accessories. One of the most amazing parts of working with A Little Something White was getting to work with their amazing seamstress, Bridget. She was an absolute dream to work with. Her attention to detail and expertise was impressive. I felt like she treated me the same way she would treat her own daughter - wanting nothing but the best. Two days before my wedding when I went to pick up my dress and I was devastated that the weather had taken a turn for our big day, she talked to me with such care and recommended I rent a fur shrug from ALSW and I am so glad I did. Was our wedding day cold? Yes! But did the fur look beautiful in our pictures? YES! My dress fit PERFECTLY and the accessories were stunning. And it was all thanks to Bridget. I can’t recommend this store enough. They were wonderful to work with and simply amazing.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Michelle P

I knew the second I walked in the door that this was where I wanted to get my wedding dress from! The atmosphere and women who work there are amazing! It's clean, quiet and private, and they have a beautiful selection of dresses there. You don't feel like "just another bride",... Read More you feel important and throughout the whole process, you feel like you have become friends with everyone who works there. At my first appointment (my one and only time trying on dresses), I worked with Amber. She was took me around and showed me different styles and really listened to my opinions. She had me in and out dresses very quickly and noted what I did and did not like about each one so that she could find me the perfect one. And she did! It was dress #10 or 11 and I started bawling my eyes out. She found me my dress! She also helped me find my veil! The whole process went very smoothly. My dress and veil came in and appointments were made for alterations. Each fitting went very well and then came time to pick up my dress! I was so excited but also sad to say goodbye to all of the girls. I will definitely be visiting and bringing pictures to show them. I will also be bringing my dress there for cleaning!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Stacy S

I found this boutique last minute after the original dress I ordered never arrived. It was one week before my wedding and these ladies brought me in with open arms, greeted me with champagne and helped me find the perfect dress. I was only in CT for work and live 3 hours away,... Read More so they were incredibly accommodating when it came to scheduling a fitting - opening their store just for me on a night they were closed. The service here was wonderful and the dress selection was incredible. My dress was absolutely perfect and I have them to thank. I recommend that everyone come here!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Lizzie G

Amber and team were so incredibly kind to my Mom and I when we went in to try on dresses. After hearing I was a little nervous to try on dresses for the first time she put me in something that made me feel like a million bucks. Amber took the time to help me in and out of each... Read More dress, which is extremely helpful since these things can be hard to manage! She sent a handwritten thank you note after our appointment. The actual boutique is great for trying on dresses as well because there are huge windows so you can get an idea of what your dress will look like in the sunlight. Most boutiques I went to were dark with bad lighting which made me feel uncomfortable. Thank you again!