A Piece of Cake Events, Inc.

Serving All of Washington

Beyond Your Expectations For Your Flawless Day

We are leading industry experts here to help you celebrate one of the most important day of your life. Without the burden and stress of having to plan all by yourself. We are able to step in and make the planning experience easy and hassle free. Contact us for a complimentary consultation.

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning

Serving All of Washington, WA Serving All of Washington (253) 232-4260

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Kris S

Dawnet is amazing! If you are fortunate enough to have her available for your wedding date do not hesitate, you will not be sorry! I am the mother of the bride and my daughter got married last weekend. We had another wedding planner schedule that was recommended by the venue... Read More and we decide 3 months before the wedding she was not to be trusted with such an important day. We scrambled and found Dawnet through this website. Her reviews were fabulous and I called her immediately. She called me back within the hour and from our first conversation I knew she was great. My daughter and I met her for an initial meeting and we discussed our wedding plans, and she went through her services and her contract with us in detail. We were so impressed with Dawnet from our first meeting and she continues to impress us even now that the wedding is over. She is very responsive to all emails and calls. A month before the wedding we met and she created a detailed wedding schedule for the day. It was beyond helpful to know exactly what we needed to do and what her team would take care of. We were somewhat of a DIY wedding and Dawnet made it a worry free day for all of us. We hired Dawnet for the day of the event coordinator along with 4 of her staff members to help with setup, serving and clean up. She handled every detail of the day so that my daughter and I didn’t have too. Dawnet is very customer oriented and is a delight to work with. Her staff were all professional and hard workers. All I can say is run don’t walk if you have the opportunity to work with Dawnet. I can’t recommend her enough and I will certainly use her for my 2nd daughter’s wedding if and when that happens. From the bottom of my heart thank you Dawnet! You’re the best! Much love! 😊

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Barbara K

I wish they had a star rating system higher than 5 stars - I would give Dawnet Davis a million plus stars if I could! Make that shooting stars, because she is truly that special! Hiring Dawnet was literally the best wedding decision I made (besides the groom of course!). Hands... Read More down. I've heard brides talk about how stressful it was to plan a wedding as well as coordinate everything on their wedding day, and thanks to Dawnet that was not my experience in any way, shape, or form. She had my back and my best interests in mind throughout the entire experience, from day 1 of meeting her for a coffee and consultation, until the day after the wedding when she wished my hubby and me a lifetime of happiness. I met Dawnet through a friend who hired her to plan her entire wedding years ago. That friend only had positive things to say about Dawnet, and I only have positive things to say about her as well, to the point where I could write an entire book about how amazing and wonderful she is. I chose the Basic Coordination package, yet Dawnet went above and beyond and above and beyond again and again (and again!) to deliver a stellar experience for my groom and I. I had so many ideas, questions, thoughts, and needs along my journey to wedded bliss, and Dawnet expertly helped guide me through every single step, call, and email along the way. She has a calming aura and sense of warmth which provides comfort and trust for all involved - you will immediately feel at ease in her presence. She thought of all the little things along the way - from recommending the best and brightest vendors to work with (and setting up meetings and handling all details); to kindly keeping me in line and on track; from calling me the morning of the wedding to quickly and sweetly congratulate me, share in my excitement, and assure me it was going to be a fabulous day; to making plates of food for the groom and I so we could relax during dinner hour; to guiding our guests and family so we could sit back and enjoy our day; to setting up all the decor to exceed my wildest Pinterest dreams... the list goes on and on! Dawnet is worth her weight in gold. Do not simply think about hiring her - just do it!!! There is no possible way you will regret it. Thank you to the moon and back Dawnet!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Kellen H

My husband and I live out of state so working with A Piece of Cake was a dream come true. I am a very busy person and I work and go to school full time so Dawnet managed to work with me mostly through email which was so convenient! Dawnet is the sweetest woman! She is very laid... Read More back and takes everything in stride which made the entire planning process and wedding day execution so much more enjoyable for me and my husband. Dawnet and her team exceeded our expectations with everything they managed to accomplish! The whole wedding day was such a pleasant and fun experience for me and I really have them to thank for that because they handled everything so well! They managed to make my dream come to life, everything looked phenomenal. Things got a little crazy with the heat and pushing the ceremony back and whatnot but A Piece of Cake handled and executed everything so well! And of course the entire planning process and 6 months prior to the wedding was done so well! I definitely would have gone crazy without them! I honestly appreciate everything they did soo much! The entire process was fun and the outcomes were all so beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Alex K

Dawnet is so great, she was such a blessing to have on our wedding day! She was extremely responsive to all emails and phone calls and was willing to answer all questions. She handled the bridal party well and any little glitch we had on the day of she took care of without... Read More mentioning it to me so that there was no stress. She knows what she is doing and I would highly recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Kaley T

Dawnet was great to work with! She was there whenever I need her opinion or whenever I needed to be calmed down (especially on the wedding day when a lot of unexpected things started happening with guests and weather...!) I really felt like she heard what was important to me and... Read More my then-fiancé/now-husband. :) Look no further for your day-of coordinator!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Danielle M

Dawnet was a pleasure to work with. We hired her as our day-of coordinator so that we wouldn't have to do that tasks of making sure the chairs were in order, the tables were set correctly, guests knew what was going on, we knew where to go when, and all that jazz... I didn't... Read More have to think about anything on the day; her and her assistant were running around making sure everything went smoothly, taking care of us, and attending to anything I noticed that wasn't quite "what I had envisioned". Plus, as a bonus, her rates were FANTASTIC and her services were exactly the same offered by her competitors in the city that charge between 2-3x more than she does. She was great, so that we had a great time, and so did our guests! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Hilary B

I would absolutely recommend Dawnet and her company A Piece of Cake Events. We choose her "day of coordination" package and was very happy. Dawnet was always available to answer questions and make recommendations. It feels like an expense in your wedding that you think you might... Read More not need (if you're a planner) but you do, trust me. You do NOT want to be decorating your wedding on the morning of or making your friends and family do that. You do NOT want to be tearing down decorations after your wedding, you want to be dancing and hanging with your guests. The time flies so quickly on your wedding day, you don't want to miss a minute.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Wendy G

If I could give more stars, I would. A huge thank you to Dawnet for making the wedding of my dreams come true! We were not going to hire a coordinator or a planner but decided after endless stress in just locating a venue, that maybe we should invest in someone to do it for us.... Read More I searched the knot and Dawnet's name was all over it. I had previously spoken to another events company but honestly when I met with the coordinator I didnt seem convinced. When I called A Piece of Cake events and spoke with Dawnet I was hooked and the half hour we spent talking to her I was convinced she could make it all possible for us. The day of my wedding was smooth, amazing and I truly felt very well taken care of. She had two assistants that helped with everything! One of my bridesmaids dress had to be fixed after a broken zipper and they all put their ideas together to make it look like nothing happened and my bridesmaid was able to use the dress all night! The ceremony was smooth sailing thanks to Dawnets guidance, she handed us cocktail hour snacks while we signed the certificate, my dancing shoes were brought to me and they even helped me remove my heels (i couldnt bend over) lol. Dawnet was so sweet and offered to serve me my dinner plate so I wouldnt get any sauce or food on my dress! Dawnet and her ladies were AMAZING!! During dinner they helped calm the flower girl ( my daughter) with movies on their phones so we could eat as well as grandma! 5 stars are not enough to rate the wonderful and amazing job! Dawnet always answered my calls, text, emails, she would always calm me down when I freaked out and reassured me when I needed it! My husband was so so glad she worked with us! She is not only a wedding planner, she becomes a friend!! We highly recommend A Piece of Cake events! especially Dawnet!! I know I will give her a call in about 9 years when we plan our daughters quincenera (sweet 15)!!

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Megan S

Dawnet was the day of coordinator for my wedding on Nov 20, 2016. She was absolutely fantastic! She soothed my fears several times throughout the final days and made sure I had everything I needed. The day of she took charge as soon as she arrived. I was thankful because I was... Read More beginning to lose it. Some things were not going according to plan and I couldn't devote the time to resolving the issues. Dawnet was a lifesaver! She always had a solution and a smile on her face. I have a high level of respect for the work she does. She handled everything flawlessly and professionally.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Nancy S

I would, without a shadow of a doubt, recommend hiring Dawnet as your wedding coordinator!!! As the mother of the bride, I was helping with much of the planning for my daughter's wedding and had hoped to have a family member help out the day of the wedding. We found that... Read More wasn't going to work out a few months before the wedding and so I looked into hiring a "day of" coordinator. I didn't know any and contacted a few to get estimates. Dawnet was the only one who got back to me immediately and called and discussed what our needs were right away. I was so impressed with her just based on our phone conversation that I was sure she would be the one for us. After our first meeting, there was no doubt. I hesitated a little at the additional expense for the budget, but Dawnet was absolutely more than worth the cost! She'd have been a bargain at twice the price!! From meeting with us for initial planning, helping us locate a vendor for flowers and linens, dealing with all the vendors to ensure a smooth wedding day, having a final details meeting, coordinating and running the rehearsal - she did it all and was so friendly, professional and helpful. We had a couple glitches at the last minute with décor and she got right on it immediately and had things resolved before I could even worry about it! On the wedding day, she and her assistant were busy all day long taking care of all the little details that I would have been worried about. She told me more than once not to do a thing except enjoy the time with my daughter and just to have fun. I had such a wonderful time knowing that Dawnet was handling things before I could even think about what needed to be done and when. She was always right on top of each detail! At the end of the night everything was taken care of and we didn't have to do anything but pack things up in our vehicle! I can wholeheartedly say that you will not regret hiring Dawnet or any of her staff for your wedding or other event. She's amazing!!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Piti I

Dawnett was amazing! We hired her for the basic coordination package and would do it all over again. She helped ensure our day ran smoothly, and did a great job coordinating all of the vendors, and ensuring everything was set up just perfectly. If there were problems on the big... Read More day of, I wasn't even aware of them - as everything went perfectly in my book. No doubt there were actually challenges, but that's a testament to her hard work that the bride and groom aren't even aware of those. She kept us on schedule and was willing to help with literally anything to ensure it was a success. I highly recommend working with Dawnett. She and her assistant were great!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Chelsea H

Dawnet was amazing to work with! She was so helpful throughout the entire planning process and made sure our big day went off without any issues! I would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Garrett M

Dawnet was amazing! She was so helpful and timely when o had questions before the wedding. And the day of went so smoothly! It was fantastic not having to worry about anything the day of the wedding. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Kaarin P

My husband and I were blown away by the help and organization provided by Dawnet Davis and her team. From running the rehearsal to set-up to take down, the team was a tremendous help to ensure the day went on without a hitch - solving wardrobe malfunctions, making sure that all... Read More of our decorations were set up correctly and overall ensuring that both my husband and I stayed calm and got to enjoy the day. We received so many compliments from our guest on how smoothly the day ran thanks to coordination by A Piece of Cake Events. We truly cannot thank them enough for their assistance on our special day.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Alyssa P

We just returned from honeymooning and I wanted to write and say a big Thank You to you and your team for helping make our wedding day amazing and beautiful and definitely a day to remember. We had so much fun! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016

Dawnet from A Piece of Cake helped us out with day-of coordination, and I'm so glad she was there! She and her assistant made sure everything ran smoothly and that we stayed on schedule (more or less). She was a big help wrangling family, getting people where they needed to be,... Read More and taking care of all the little things that needed to be done.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Guru L

Dawnet is really amazing, we had the best day of our life, so beautiful and perfect. It was over a year and half ago the first time we met, and she is always professional and patient & sweet. After first meet, we decided have Coordination of Wedding Production Package. I really... Read More like the way she worked, being thoughtful and wise to give you advice and suggestions, very organized and clear. Dawnet got to know about our story, the style we like, the wedding theme we want and BUDGET as well. I think this is a very important part, discussions back and force which made us much easier for the vendors searching. She has very good networking with so many vendors and venues in Washington State, which saved a lot of time for us to find our dream place together. Venue is always on the top of the list. Dawnet took me several places that I liked and it was really helpful to go together with her, because she could figure out all the possible questions and imagine the condition in professional way. Otherwise visit is just a visit, we cannot really tell what the day will be, how the catering works etc. Then we had 8 months long distant communication because of my job, during this time, my dear husband and Dawnet worked together on tons of things on the list. We had a mix&match wedding – traditional Chinese tea ceremony before classic western ceremony, which made our timeline a little tight. But with all the help of Dawnet and vendors, it went really well. On the big day, I did not need to worry about the schedule, the flowers, the catering, the guests or any tiny thing, because Dawnet will have her assistant to coordinate everything. So being a bride, just enjoy each moment and feel the happiness. I would highly recommend Dawnet to be your wedding planner!

Reviewed on 3/09/2016 Katy W

I would highly recommend Dawnet and A Piece of Cake Events! I am not the bride who has envisioned her wedding from a young age so I knew I would need help. Dawnet was amazing and helped guide me through the whole process. I didn't have any worries the day of even when we had... Read More some extra guests show. Dawnet took care of everything!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Sherry M

We hired Dawnet to be our "Day Of" wedding coordinator for our daughter's wedding. She was the perfect fit for our event. She is a true professional. She knows the ins and outs of event planning. Our family felt completely comfortable with her. She was prompt with everything;... Read More appointments, emails, planning, and phone calls. She goes above and beyond. Her positive attitude and work ethic are commendable. She seamlessly took over what I'd already done and made this beautiful wedding day play out without a hitch. It was a spectacular day. I couldn't have done it without her. The best part of it all is, we were able to truly enjoy the beautiful day knowing she had it all under control. Dawnet, your service was the best investment. Thank you for everything. You truly are a gem.

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Alicia W

We had the pleasure of working with Dawnet Davis, who I couldn't recommend more. She went above and beyond for my husband and I, and made sure that our wedding was not only beautiful, but that it was exactly what we had envisioned our wedding to be. We had a big backyard... Read More wedding, and didn't have the slightest clue where to even begin planning-wise or if what we wanted was even possible since we had a budget we needed to work with. Dawnet was able to tell us from day one what our options were, what we would need, and what our responsibilities would be throughout the planning process. She truly made us feel like our wedding was just as important to her as it was to us. She handled all of the vendor bookings, appointment scheduling, quotes and price comparisons, and even provided us with to-do lists and schedules (which we couldn't have done without!), and went to several appointments with us. She made wedding planning so fun and easy for us, there really wasn't ever a time that we were stressed because we knew she had everything under control and wouldn't let our wedding be anything but perfect, which in our eyes it was. Hiring Dawnet was the best wedding decision that we made, and the fact that we were actually able to enjoy every second of our big day was worth it alone!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Nikki D

Dawnet was amazing! As a venue coordinator I meet lots of planners that work with our couples. Dawnet was one of the few coordinators who not only was available to answer all of my questions,but she was always there for the bride and groom too. Her execution of the day was... Read More flawless and she was a real pleasure to work with. Hire her!

Couldn't be happier with my choice

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Diana R

Dawnet was a life saver during my wedding planning. She went above and beyond from day 1. I hired her for day-of-coordination, however, we were in touch 2 months prior to the wedding. At 2-months out she came with me to visit my venue to help me nail down some details that I was... Read More questioning. At about 1 month out we met for our scheduled meeting and she mapped out a very helpful, very detailed day-of-schedule. She brought to my attention many questions that I would have never thought to consider. These were small details that could have given me a huge headache during the rehearsal and the wedding. She was quick to resolve little dilemmas, and more importantly, preventing most from even happening. It was a pretty incredible feeling to wake up the morning of my wedding day without a single worry that the wedding would not be setup and implemented flawlessly. I was able to put all of the planning out of my hands and into hers for the full day and enjoy time with my bridesmaid and family. And sure enough, I showed up and everything was calm and sorted out and just as I requested. Dawnet was available for organizing photos, she produced the entire ceremony to run smoothly, she took all vendor questions so no one was talking to me. The only vendor I really had to answer to was Dawnet! My photographer, videographer, DJ, banquet captain, etc all directed their questions and concerns at her and I was left to enjoy my guests. Best of all, when it came time to say goodbyes and get into the Shuttle home, Dawnet already had all of our decorations/gifts/things cleaned up and in an organized manner to take home. She made sure our gifts ended up in responsible hands and that we didn't leave anything (or anyone) behind. We did have a little snafu during the wedding that Dawnet handled. Long story short, we were supposed to have 2 shuttles come at the end of the night to take guests back to the hotel, and one was apparently cancelled! This news came halfway through the reception. Seemed scary at first, but Dawnet handled several phone calls from the company and organized for the shuttle to take a group back early and return for the rest of us. Disaster avoided pretty painlessly. Can't even imagine how it would have turned out without her. Funny thing is, most brides you speak to will have a similar story; there are always things that go wrong during the wedding and it's worth every penny just to have had Dawnet there just for that moment to solve it for me. Lastly, in addition to being great at her job, Dawnet is a kind and friendly person. I enjoyed her company each time we met, and she was extremely sociable and fun with my family and friends.

The Perfect Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Charlene L

I cannot say enough about Dawnet and her staff, this woman went above and beyond to pull this together for us.The level of professionalism that she shows is top notch. If it's in your head she will make it happen. Organized, accessible and just truly knows her stuff!! You... Read More will not be disappointed in your decision to hire her!

2015-09-01T23:37:48 Response from the vendor

So sweet! It was such a pleasure working with you! I wish you the best!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Cathy K

A pleasure to work with both for the bride and mother of the bride. Dawnet provided excellent recommendations for vendors and venue. She listened to what we wanted and helped us to have a wedding that was even better than we had imagined. She was a wonderful support and... Read More offered wonderful ideas. She made it possible to have a perfect wedding in Seattle while the majority of the planning took place in Michigan. I can not recommend her highly enough. Thank you Dawnet!

Dawnet is the best!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2014 SADIE K

I always knew a day or coordinator would be ideal to have but wasn't sure if our wedding budget would allow for this service. As we started getting closer and closer to our wedding, my now husband and I realized we needed a professional to make sure all details are covered and... Read More vendors show up on time. Trust me when I say, hiring Dawnet will be your best purchase for your big day. I honestly don't know how our wedding day would have gone without Dawnet and her team there to make sure everything ran smoothly. Do yourself a favor and hire Dawnet so you and your spouse can fully enjoy your wedding day and not be stressed out worrying about if the table setting was done correctly or if the dessert table was set up just the way you want. I would highly recommend Dawnet and the entire A Piece of Cake Events team to any couple getting married!

2014-11-11T16:57:26 Response from the vendor

Sadie, I really enjoyed working with you! I wish you the very best! Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of your day!