A Simple Affair Events

North and South Carolina, Have bag, will travel!!

Wedding and Event Planning

A Simple Affair Events is a Charlotte, NC based planning and design firm servicing the Carolinas and surround. We are lovers of gorgeous design with a knack for event management. When you hire us, you are not only getting a event planner but a confident and creative partner in the planning process.

Engagement Party, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

North and South Carolina, Have bag, will travel!! (704) 458-0788

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Alexa S

Tina is an absolutely amazing wedding planner and now a great friend. I only hired Tina to tighten up loose ends and ensure my last month of planning went smoothly; but I received so much more from Tina during our time together. She took complete control of contacting my... Read More vendors, designing the venue floor plan, and created an itinerary that fell in line perfectly on the day of my wedding. She is one a strong-willed, dedicated, and a loving wedding planner that I was so blessed to have in my corner on the day of my wedding. My wedding was indescribably perfect because of Tina. As a bride, I had no worries that day except to enjoy the time spent with friends and family.

Flawless wedding planner!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

If you want your wedding to go flawlessly without any worries, Tina is the perfect planner!! I met with SEVERAL planners in the Charlotte area during the initial process of finding one but none of them particularly stood out to me. As soon as I met with Tina, I hired her on the... Read More spot and cancelled my other appointments. Her personality was so similar to mine. I was probably one of the most difficult brides because I have an opinion about everything and I like to be in control. However Tina was super organized and made me feel very much at ease. Her personality is very light and friendly, polite, well spoken, very graceful yet SUPER effective. Even though I am a very organized person, during our meetings with vendors Tina would always ask questions I had not even thought about. She is very experienced in wedding planning and attentive to every detail! On the day of the wedding she arrived early and had already taken care of multiple details I was worried about. I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding day, way more than I would have been if we had not hired a wedding planner. If you think you can handle everything on the day of your wedding by yourself, don't be fooled. So many things can go wrong and there is hardly ANY extra time on the wedding day. My bridesmaids and I were busy from 8am until the wedding at 5pm. Before the wedding started, one of the aisle marker vases broke because it was so windy outside. Tina worked with our venue to find other vases and rearranged them so that they were just as beautiful as we had planned, even though one broke. I didn't even know about the broken vase until after the wedding. She didn't come freak me out and get me upset. She took control of the situation and made it beautiful and it was one less thing I had to worry about. I just can't say enough good things about Tina. She is different than any other planner. Her personality and eye for detail is perfect. She really adapts to your style and has a vision for what you want. For a bride who initially thought I could handle everything myself, hiring Tina was the best money spent of the wedding. You want to be able to enjoy your wedding and not have to stress over little things that a planner can take care of. And if you think you won't be stressed - you will!! She can really do it all - anything you ask, she does it quick and efficiently, with a smile on her face and doesn't make you feel like anything is a burden. I highly suggest to set up an appointment with her and as soon as you meet her, you will understand what a perfect planner she is!

2014-10-21T16:33:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Michelle! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your day! I'm so glad I was able to make your day a little less stressful.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Paige C

Tina was so wonderful to work with! I was a little bit of a controlling bride and worried about every last detail, but she always took care of everything! She was very respectful of the budget my parents had and always looked for ways to save us some money. The day of the... Read More wedding was perfect, she completely transformed the venue into everything I wanted and made it look stunning! I can't say enough great things about her!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Karissa F

Where do I even begin?! Tina and her team are amazing. A Simple Affair Events made the whole wedding planning process seamless and easy. Tina knew exactly the vision my husband, parents and I had. She knew all the right vendors for us. She executed everything exactly the way we... Read More wanted it. Our wedding day was beautiful and perfect. We want to relive the day over and over! Thank you Tina, we love you!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Kim E

Tina is a wedding dynamo! She has boundless energy and is a first rate problem-solver. She offers numerous solutions to whatever the problem is and will not rest until it is solved to your satisfaction. Tina is a great listener and tries to provide the wedding you and your... Read More daughter want - not the one she wants. There is no job, large or small, that she will not do: from delivering the swag bags on Thursday night not Friday morning (when you find out everyone is showing up on Thursday!), keeping the band on schedule, dealing with a cake company that delivers a tilted cake, even delivering eye drops to the Mother of the Bride - Tina and her assistant will handle it all for you. We agreed that Tina was, in the end, the most important member of our Wedding Team. She will make the difference in your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Kim E

2016-10-20T12:23:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kim! It was such a pleasure to be a part of Lindsey's day! Everything was beautiful!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Nick J

Tina was an absolute pleasure to work with!!!. She is kind, hard working ,and is truly passionate about her job. She made our dream wedding possible even through a Hurricane! She always goes the extra mile to make sure everything goes smoothly. I I highly recommed her.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Valerie H

Tina did such a wonderful job planning my party. After our initial meeting it was as though she'd known me for years. She took care of booking everything from venue to food to transportation and all the finer details. Don't let her appearance fool you - this tiny southern belle... Read More is truly Wonder Woman!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Mary Susan P

I had the pleasure of working with both Tina and Arlene during our wedding. They were both a joy to work with and did such an amazing job keeping things in line and helping me plan my dream day. Tina was very professional and always took the time to make sure I had answers to... Read More any questions I had for her, which were a lot. I highly recommend A Simple Affair Events to help make your special day stress free for you and your family members who would be stuck doing the last minute errands. After all its a day for you to enjoy with your family and trust me, Tina and Arlene will make sure it goes exactly how you had planned!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Jackie H

Tina was absolutely a pleasure to work with! Tina worked so hard to bring my vision to life, she is by far one of the hardest working people I have ever met, she went above and beyond. It was so worth the money to hire her and take the stress off me for my big day, I could just... Read More enjoy it and be in the moment.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Robyn E

Working with Tina and her staff was absolutely amazing! She really brought my vision (and so much more) to life! I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. I am an eclectic soul and she help bring all of ideas into one truly unique vision. My guests are still... Read More raving about how beautiful everything was, and I can honestly say it was all due to Tina! We booked the full planning package, and it was truly worth the money! Know that if you book with ASAE, you will be in good hands :)

2016-09-26T18:00:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you Robyn! It was such a honor to be a part of your day and we had so much fun getting to know you both during the planning process! Love you both!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Catherine C

My fiance and I choose the month of planning service for our wedding and we are so happy we did. Tina made sure everything ran smoothly and took care of so many details during the day of the wedding. I cannot imagine not having Tina there the day of the wedding, it would have... Read More been so stressful. Instead I was able to enjoy the whole day without worry. Going with A Simple Affair events was one of the best choices we made for our wedding.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Bree D

Tina is a ninja! She was here, there and everywhere, she handled every detail big and small like a pro. From our first meeting, we knew she was the one. There was not a single hiccup on our wedding day and for that we will shout from the rooftops our praise for A Simple... Read More Affair Events. Bravo!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Lindsey F

Tina is absolutely fabulous. As our month of coordinator, she flawlessly executed the plan for our wedding day after reviewing all contracts. She provided a timeline to help our day run smoothly and met requirements of all of our vendors. Each time we met Tina was professional,... Read More on-time, and dedicated to helping our vision come to life. Tina also joined me for vendor appointments when needed. She maintained great relationships with all of our vendors and made sure they knew where to be and answered questions from them so we could have a worry free day. She had a plan for everything, and took the time to understand our vision. She is super easy to get along with, and suggested vendors or ideas each time we asked for suggestions. A Simple Affairs Events was one of the best choices we made when planning our big day!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016

Tina is fantastic at what she does! She was my month-of coordinator, and she jumped right in as the wedding got close and was up to speed on all my vendors and contracts in no time. She truly went out of her way to be helpful to me and to make our wedding everything we wanted it... Read More to be. No requests fazed her – she is super organized, calm and so pleasant to be around. I enjoyed the hours leading up to the wedding so much, and that was largely because of Tina. I was able to relax and spend time with my mom and bridesmaids, instead of stressing about decorations or last-minute details. I was confident Tina had everything under control -- and she did! I absolutely recommend her as a planner/coordinator -- it was an easy decision for us, and one I’m so glad we made.

WOW

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

We planned for over a year working on giving our daughter the reception of her dreams.A beautiful outdoor reception on Lake Norman at our family retreat house.By the waters edge under the night stars and candlelight. Than came the change....Hurricane Joaquin, forced us to change... Read More venues last minute, well with less then 24 hours to reception time! Fortunately, we had Tina. She was by our side from the beginning, attending meetings with vendors for catering, flowers, china, farm tables,lights all of it.Tina knew our daughters vision. New venue, last minute change could have been a disaster. The evening was not a disaster or disappointment! Tina gave us and our daughter the dream reception she always wanted and more. Receptions with Tina Staz, A Simple Affair all is beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Alexandra D

After seeing all that Tina did I'm so glad we had a planner. She did an awesome job and kept everything moving along. She took care of everything and made my day less stressful. I would definitely recommend her.

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Sara K

I HIGHLY recommend hiring Tina as your wedding planner. On top of having a sharp eye for detail and making great suggestions for the appearance or logistics of a wedding, she is an absolute professional and you can trust her to make sure everything is taken care of and done... Read More properly. Although some of my vendors were less than reliable, I knew I could count on Tina to take care of everything on my wedding day. I knew that my mom and I would be able to enjoy ourselves and leave the details to Tina. I wasn't sure about hiring a wedding planner, so I went for the day-of package, but after the fact, I can't believe I doubted it for a minute! Tina was worth every penny and truly made a difference on my wedding day. Knowing I had her behind the scenes meant I didn't have to worry about a thing! THANK YOU Tina!!

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 6/30/2015

The food was delicious and the staff was super helpful and very friendly. The venue is unusual and even though we are not race fans it was a great place to celebrate and a novel location and experience for our out of town guests. Parking was easy and convenient for drop off.... Read More The location is perfect to be close to local hotels and the highway. We had a cocktail hour upstairs in the restaurant and the reception downstairs in the banquet room. There was plenty of space even for our large party and the staff did a nice job of getting around to everyone with the passed appetizers. We had two things we were unhappy with after the evening was over. One with was the lighting - which was way too bright. They were unable to dim the lights low which we needed to have the formal, romantic, candle lit evening we wanted. The biggest issue was the air conditioning. We had a very large wedding so we knew the temperature may be an issue so we discussed this ahead of time. The room for the reception was EXTREMELY HOT. We chose an indoor venue because we didn't want to be uncomfortable and this was definitely not the case. There needs to either be a limit on the number of guests they can comfortably accommodate or update the air system.

Amazing service!

Reviewed on 6/19/2015 Christin D

Tina Staz did a wonderful job from start to finish. She was extremely professional, always on time and easy to reach by text or phone! Our wedding day couldn't have gone any smoother.

Bride

Reviewed on 5/31/2015

Tina was a great advocate for us during the entire planning process and the day of the wedding. My wedding was perfect!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Kelsey M

Tina did an amazing job! She was very organized and kept everything on track. She took so much stress off of me and I don't know what I would have done without her. She made my day truly special. I would highly recommended Tina!!

Lucky 13

Reviewed on 3/23/2015 Brittany N

Most people would not dare to having a wedding on Friday the 13th, but with Tina in charge I was not worried. From the very beginning she was prompt, friendly, and understood looking out for my best interest. She was great in helping me find the best vendors for my style, while... Read More keeping my budget in mind. On my wedding day, she was constantly there to check to be sure I had everything I needed, while also keeping everyone at the venue on track. (That's not an easy task when your venue and the place you are getting ready are not the same!) She made sure my vendors worked flawlessly together and took care of any situations without interrupting the flow of my special day. She is very competitive in pricing, but she was absolutely priceless! I could not have planned this in 4 months without her! Tina is a must have for your wedding!

A Perfect Night!

Reviewed on 2/18/2015

Tina assisted in making our vision a reality. She is a joy to work with and truly cares about her clients.

Brown Wedding

Reviewed on 5/20/2014

If your looking for style, quality and expertise A Simple Affair is the right pick for you! Tina goes over and beyond the call of duty, she is a gem!

Tina Sheets