A Simple Affair Events

North and South Carolina, Have bag, will travel!!

Wedding and Event Planning

A Simple Affair Events is a Charlotte, NC based planning and design firm servicing the Carolinas and surround. We are lovers of gorgeous design with a knack for event management. When you hire us, you are not only getting a event planner but a confident and creative partner in the planning process.

Engagement Party, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

North and South Carolina, Have bag, will travel!! (704) 458-0788

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Allison C

Tina was the glue that brought our wedding weekend together. We ultimately asked Tina to be our Wedding Coordinator after meeting with 2 other options. From the start, we could tell Tina was honest and forthright in her feedback on our vision and how she could help make it a... Read More reality. Throughout our year of planning, this honest feedback was critical to our success since we were planning our wedding from 400 miles away. As a result, we really appreciated Tina providing a curated list of her “go-to” vendors. While I’m sure we could’ve asked Tina to setup meetings with various other vendors to meet and compare offerings, we didn’t always have that flexibility being so far away from Charlotte. During our trips to Charlotte, Tina would set aside large blocks of time for us to meet, visit the venue, and meet with vendors. Her dedication to making sure we got the necessary face time on a limited schedule was invaluable. She really did an amazing job making sure that whenever we were in town, she was with us for most the day. Not only was this important to us, it was also appreciated by the Bride's parents. Once we got closer to our big day, Tina really stepped up and hunted down vendors we struggled to get a hold of ourselves. This was a huge stress reliever as we knew Tina would be in contact with everyone to finalize day-of plans. On our (rainy) wedding day, she quarterbacked some minor layout adjustments and kept us in the loop as to how plans were shifting with the weather. Throughout the entire day, she truly stuck to our vision and what we discussed and made it work within the confines of the situation. We loved working with Tina and certainly couldn’t have made our day happen without her!

2017-10-23T19:59:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Kevin and Allison! I loved working with you two so much and look forward to years of friendship to come! Congrats again!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Stephanie L

Tina and her team are the BEST. I honestly don't know what I would have done without her on our wedding day and prior. She recommended half of the vendors we used and we loved them ALL. I didn't have to worry about anything the day of, and neither did my family. We were able to... Read More really enjoy the day while Tina and her team took care of everything - and I mean everything. She took my ideas and brought them to life in the reception area and at the ceremony. She even used flowers from our rehearsal dinner and the bridesmaid bouquets to add extra decor at the ceremony and reception. Things I wouldn't have even thought to do. And they kept everything moving so smoothly the entire night. If you are looking for a planner, I would look no further... contact Tina TODAY! You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Brandon B

Just what I needed! Tina was indispensable as my "day of" coordinator for my May wedding. No detail went overlooked and the evening was flawless from start to finish thanks to her caring oversight.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Barbara C

Tina was invaluable in helping us plan my daughter's recent wedding. She offered vendor recommendations that kept us within our budget and they proved to be excellent choices. Tina is very pleasant, professional, and was always prompt at our meetings. She was readily available... Read More for consultation and her years of experience made for a smooth planning process. She and her team were excellent in directing the reception and pulling all the decorations together. She is well worth the investment many times over.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Mike C

As father of the bride I was seeing the cost of the wedding continue to increase and was skeptical about paying for a wedding planner. As the process continued, however, it became apparent that this was money well spent. Tina took care of lining up vendors, consulting on every... Read More aspect of the wedding preparations and most importantly made the wedding and reception go smoothly and as planned. After the reception she and her staff got everything packed up at the venue and made out lives much easier. I would definitely recommend Tina to help you make your daughter's wedding a success.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Taylor S

Tina made our wedding dreams come true! She helped us develop our overall vision, recommended specific vendors she knows personally that would fit with our wishes, and helped with all the contracts. In the weeks leading up to the wedding she communicated consistently with the... Read More vendor team, made sure everyone was on the same page, and was always so professional and sweet. She wa kind enough to be flexible with our difficult work schedule and made sure we had every question answered. She and her assistant were helpful, kind, but not overly obvious throughout the wedding and reception. They made sure the logistics and vision were executed flawlessly! We had tons of compliments on our special day, all thanks to A Simple Affair!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Megan M

Tina was amazing! She is professional, organized, and helped me with even the smallest details I would have not thought of during the planning process. Wedding planning can be stressful so I was happy she could come on board and assist me leading up to our day. Thank you for... Read More helping to make our wedding day perfect for us!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Anne T

Tina was amazing! She listened to exactly what I wanted and made it happen. I have a difficult work schedule, and Tina went out of her way to coordinate after-hours meetings with all the vendors and met with them on my behalf when I couldn't be there. She was easy to work with,... Read More and I received many compliments that we had one of the best weddings anyone had been to - every detail had been well thought-out. Thanks Tina!!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Paige C

Tina was so wonderful to work with! I was a little bit of a controlling bride and worried about every last detail, but she always took care of everything! She was very respectful of the budget my parents had and always looked for ways to save us some money. The day of the... Read More wedding was perfect, she completely transformed the venue into everything I wanted and made it look stunning! I can't say enough great things about her!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Alexa S

Tina is an absolutely amazing wedding planner and now a great friend. I only hired Tina to tighten up loose ends and ensure my last month of planning went smoothly; but I received so much more from Tina during our time together. She took complete control of contacting my... Read More vendors, designing the venue floor plan, and created an itinerary that fell in line perfectly on the day of my wedding. She is one a strong-willed, dedicated, and a loving wedding planner that I was so blessed to have in my corner on the day of my wedding. My wedding was indescribably perfect because of Tina. As a bride, I had no worries that day except to enjoy the time spent with friends and family.

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Karissa F

Where do I even begin?! Tina and her team are amazing. A Simple Affair Events made the whole wedding planning process seamless and easy. Tina knew exactly the vision my husband, parents and I had. She knew all the right vendors for us. She executed everything exactly the way we... Read More wanted it. Our wedding day was beautiful and perfect. We want to relive the day over and over! Thank you Tina, we love you!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Kim E

Tina is a wedding dynamo! She has boundless energy and is a first rate problem-solver. She offers numerous solutions to whatever the problem is and will not rest until it is solved to your satisfaction. Tina is a great listener and tries to provide the wedding you and your... Read More daughter want - not the one she wants. There is no job, large or small, that she will not do: from delivering the swag bags on Thursday night not Friday morning (when you find out everyone is showing up on Thursday!), keeping the band on schedule, dealing with a cake company that delivers a tilted cake, even delivering eye drops to the Mother of the Bride - Tina and her assistant will handle it all for you. We agreed that Tina was, in the end, the most important member of our Wedding Team. She will make the difference in your wedding!

2016-10-20T12:23:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kim! It was such a pleasure to be a part of Lindsey's day! Everything was beautiful!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Kim E

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Naila J

Tina was an absolute pleasure to work with!!!. She is kind, hard working ,and is truly passionate about her job. She made our dream wedding possible even through a Hurricane! She always goes the extra mile to make sure everything goes smoothly. I I highly recommed her.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Valerie H

Tina did such a wonderful job planning my party. After our initial meeting it was as though she'd known me for years. She took care of booking everything from venue to food to transportation and all the finer details. Don't let her appearance fool you - this tiny southern belle... Read More is truly Wonder Woman!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Mary Susan P

I had the pleasure of working with both Tina and Arlene during our wedding. They were both a joy to work with and did such an amazing job keeping things in line and helping me plan my dream day. Tina was very professional and always took the time to make sure I had answers to... Read More any questions I had for her, which were a lot. I highly recommend A Simple Affair Events to help make your special day stress free for you and your family members who would be stuck doing the last minute errands. After all its a day for you to enjoy with your family and trust me, Tina and Arlene will make sure it goes exactly how you had planned!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Jackie H

Tina was absolutely a pleasure to work with! Tina worked so hard to bring my vision to life, she is by far one of the hardest working people I have ever met, she went above and beyond. It was so worth the money to hire her and take the stress off me for my big day, I could just... Read More enjoy it and be in the moment.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Robyn E

Working with Tina and her staff was absolutely amazing! She really brought my vision (and so much more) to life! I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. I am an eclectic soul and she help bring all of ideas into one truly unique vision. My guests are still... Read More raving about how beautiful everything was, and I can honestly say it was all due to Tina! We booked the full planning package, and it was truly worth the money! Know that if you book with ASAE, you will be in good hands :)

2016-09-26T18:00:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you Robyn! It was such a honor to be a part of your day and we had so much fun getting to know you both during the planning process! Love you both!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Catherine C

My fiance and I choose the month of planning service for our wedding and we are so happy we did. Tina made sure everything ran smoothly and took care of so many details during the day of the wedding. I cannot imagine not having Tina there the day of the wedding, it would have... Read More been so stressful. Instead I was able to enjoy the whole day without worry. Going with A Simple Affair events was one of the best choices we made for our wedding.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Bree D

Tina is a ninja! She was here, there and everywhere, she handled every detail big and small like a pro. From our first meeting, we knew she was the one. There was not a single hiccup on our wedding day and for that we will shout from the rooftops our praise for A Simple... Read More Affair Events. Bravo!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Lindsey F

Tina is absolutely fabulous. As our month of coordinator, she flawlessly executed the plan for our wedding day after reviewing all contracts. She provided a timeline to help our day run smoothly and met requirements of all of our vendors. Each time we met Tina was professional,... Read More on-time, and dedicated to helping our vision come to life. Tina also joined me for vendor appointments when needed. She maintained great relationships with all of our vendors and made sure they knew where to be and answered questions from them so we could have a worry free day. She had a plan for everything, and took the time to understand our vision. She is super easy to get along with, and suggested vendors or ideas each time we asked for suggestions. A Simple Affairs Events was one of the best choices we made when planning our big day!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016

Tina is fantastic at what she does! She was my month-of coordinator, and she jumped right in as the wedding got close and was up to speed on all my vendors and contracts in no time. She truly went out of her way to be helpful to me and to make our wedding everything we wanted it... Read More to be. No requests fazed her – she is super organized, calm and so pleasant to be around. I enjoyed the hours leading up to the wedding so much, and that was largely because of Tina. I was able to relax and spend time with my mom and bridesmaids, instead of stressing about decorations or last-minute details. I was confident Tina had everything under control -- and she did! I absolutely recommend her as a planner/coordinator -- it was an easy decision for us, and one I’m so glad we made.

WOW

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

We planned for over a year working on giving our daughter the reception of her dreams.A beautiful outdoor reception on Lake Norman at our family retreat house.By the waters edge under the night stars and candlelight. Than came the change....Hurricane Joaquin, forced us to change... Read More venues last minute, well with less then 24 hours to reception time! Fortunately, we had Tina. She was by our side from the beginning, attending meetings with vendors for catering, flowers, china, farm tables,lights all of it.Tina knew our daughters vision. New venue, last minute change could have been a disaster. The evening was not a disaster or disappointment! Tina gave us and our daughter the dream reception she always wanted and more. Receptions with Tina Staz, A Simple Affair all is beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Alexandra D

After seeing all that Tina did I'm so glad we had a planner. She did an awesome job and kept everything moving along. She took care of everything and made my day less stressful. I would definitely recommend her.

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Sara K

I HIGHLY recommend hiring Tina as your wedding planner. On top of having a sharp eye for detail and making great suggestions for the appearance or logistics of a wedding, she is an absolute professional and you can trust her to make sure everything is taken care of and done... Read More properly. Although some of my vendors were less than reliable, I knew I could count on Tina to take care of everything on my wedding day. I knew that my mom and I would be able to enjoy ourselves and leave the details to Tina. I wasn't sure about hiring a wedding planner, so I went for the day-of package, but after the fact, I can't believe I doubted it for a minute! Tina was worth every penny and truly made a difference on my wedding day. Knowing I had her behind the scenes meant I didn't have to worry about a thing! THANK YOU Tina!!

Tina Sheets