A Wedding in Paradise, Rev. Dr. David Leininger

Hilton Head Island, SC

A Wedding in Paradise

The Rev. Dr. David Leininger is a retired Presbyterian minister living on Hilton Head Island who enjoys officiating at destination weddings. Log on to our website, choose the elements of your ceremony (vows, readings, etc.) that will be uniquely meaningful to you, and we are ready for a perfect day.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Religious Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Presbyterian, Christian, Interfaith

4 Indigo Lane, Hilton Head Island, SC (843) 363-6161

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 erin l

As the Hair for Men quote goes "I'm not only the President, I'm also a client" my quote for A Wedding in Paradise is "I'm not only his daughter, I'm also a client!" My husband and I were honored to have my amazing father, Rev. Dr. David Leininger, officiate for our special day... Read More (10/17/15). A little background, I grew up listening to my dad's well written, and well delivered sermons in the pulpit on Sundays. My husband grew up Catholic and the first time he heard my dad preach he said to me after the service, "Wow, THAT is what you heard on Sundays? If I had heard that, I would have been able to pay attention!" Dad has a presence about him and people want to pay attention to him! I know you may think that I'll just give my dad a great review because he's my dad...but I am giving this review based on my honest experience AND reviews from the attendees; there were more "Your dad did AWESOME!" comments to me after the ceremony by friends that both knew him and didn't and that were both religious and not. He knows the way to intrigue and captivate an audience, whether it be when he was in the pulpit preaching or on a ceremony on the beach (which mine was). His website helped us create a ceremony that was unique to us and even gave us the idea of a wine ceremony uniting our two families (which is just plain cool if you have two wine-loving families!) His website was so user friendly and truly gave us lots of ideas. We tweaked some things to make each section unique to us but he did exactly as we asked but offered guidance if we asked! Dad's voice, his tone, his words, and his beautifully unique way of making the ceremony special to the couple and everyone in attendance is a remarkable gift that he uses now in weddings and used to use in the pulpit. Not only am I honored that this wonderful man is my father, I am honored that he was able to create such wonderful memories for myself, my husband, and the guests at our wedding. Long story short, If you are a bride and are wondering "would his own daughter be proud enough to have him officiate at her wedding?" the answer is "ABSOLUTELY!" Thanks, Dad! I love you!

Amazing

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Caroline C

I accidentally gave Dr. Leininger the wrong address for the location of our ceremony, and when he finally arrived (I broke my cell phone, therefore losing his cell phone number), he was as cool as a clam and even more friendly in person than he was over the phone. Dr.... Read More Leininger is a warm, friendly, calming soul that made our technical ceremony far more special than I thought it would be. Since we were being married by my uncle, a NJ resident, we had to have a technical ceremony done by an SC officiant before the actual ceremony (SC law states only an SC resident can officiate a wedding, sign the documents, etc). I saw other reviews for Dr. Leininger, and after reviewing his extensive and informative website, we decided he would be the best choice to officiate our ceremony. The website is amazing. He has all of these pre-written phrases, sayings, prayers and blessings for the ceremony on his website. You can choose one of those phrases or you can insert your own. You can add or omit certain parts of the ceremony and truly make it your own. However, during our ceremony, he not only spoke what we asked him to speak, he also added in some words of advice that were perfect for us, and they were lessons and advice we will remember for our many years together. Everyone at the wedding was obviously moved by what was happening, but Dr. Leininger's words and the way he delivered them to us were so meaningful and beautiful that I could barely speak my vows because I was crying so much. What meant even more to us is that he gave us a printout of the ceremony, of every word he said so that in the future, when we run into a hard moment, we can look at this ceremony and remember the promise me made to each other. Dr. Leininger even took care of the paperwork for us. If you are looking for an officiant that you feel as close to as a family member the moment you meet him, Dr. Leininger is the right fit for you. Thank you Dr. Leininger! You are amazing!

2015-05-29T19:26:13 Response from the vendor

I cannot imagine a more warm and wonderful response to our time together. Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Chelsea S

Apologize in advance for the long review, but you should know how fabulous he is! Every bride dreams of a wedding that emits the personality and true love she shares with her soon to be husband. A wedding that isn’t just full of fluff, but substance!!Dr. Leininger not only... Read More talked me through the ceremony and outlined the sequence of how readings and prayers could be used. He also worked with me to create the most unique ceremony that represented who my husband and I were as people. After all, his tag line is "I Marry PEOPLE" =)He will suggest his website which was a HUGE resource for me to see the MANY options bride and grooms have when making the ceremony selections. The site will outline diverse traditions that can ignite your imagination to create the most unique experience of your choosing.We did not get married in a traditional church but instead my husband built our chapel from logs on our property. The location was remote and unique and I needed someone who could work with the lack of microphone and electricity other venues would have had available. Dr. Leininger spoke with clarity, poise and joyfully. He was charismatic, genuine and comical at times when it was appreciated and appropriate. He could be heard from the back of the chapel to the front of the chapel. I had 250 guests so this was not a small wedding.I had so many guests come up to me and say how much they enjoyed our ceremony and how awesome Dr. Leininger was and how we could not have picked a better fit for our special day! I kid you not… SO MANY GUESTS SAID THEY LOVED HIM!He is available and willing to talk you through concerns. He will meet you for lunch or talk on the phone anytime! He makes himself accessible and really cares about what he is doing and the degree of support he is giving in all aspects from start to finish.Unfortunately, my father in law passed away several months after my husband and I married. Dr. Leininger is also a starter for the Heritage Golf Tournament and was a natural pick for my golf loving father in law’s funeral service.Dr. Leininger is no longer just the officiant I got so lucky and found doing a google search… Now he is family and for that you can’t ask for someone better who sticks with you from the beginning of your life as a married couple to the end. I recommend his services to anyone doing a ceremony ANYWHERE who doesn’t just want the “rent an officiant” service, but an officiant you feel like you’ve known your whole life! Thanks Dr. Leininger!Love, Brandon and Chelsea Thiess

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Lindsey H

Dr. David Leininger was the perfect minister for our beach wedding! We spoke with him over the phone a year before our wedding and then met him a couple months later while visiting Hilton Head for our engagement photos. He did not forget about us once. He was always so quick to... Read More respond to every one of our questions or concerns as we had such an elaborate ceremony. During the rehearsal and ceremony, we had pretty high wind speeds and all of our guests (about 100 guests) were so impressed they could hear him so clearly. We were both so happy with how beautiful our ceremony was with our nephew playing violin, a foot washing ceremony, our brother and sister in laws singing and playing guitar and of course our 13 year old black lab exiting with us after our first kiss as husband and wife. It all went so smooth and Dr. Leininger was a big reason for that!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Jeremy L

Dr. Leininger was absolutely amazing. We had a destination wedding and tho we had never met him before we felt really comfortable with him from the first time we spoke. He walked us thru ever step and we were both extremely nervous. He slowed down our ceremony for us so that we... Read More could take it all in. He was so polite and experienced offering advice at every turn and I truly believe our wedding wouldn't have been as special without him. He was absolutely amazing and made the entire process leading up to the ceremony very painless. It was a pleasure to have him officiate our wedding and we do not believe our ceremony would've been as amazing as it was if it weren't for him.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Nichole K

David officiated our wedding and it was so easy and lovely! David made options and recommendations readily available to us. I sent him what I wanted my ceremony to read, and he was prepared to recite just that. The day before the rehearsal, he contacted us reminding us what to... Read More bring. He was punctual and arrived early to the rehearsal with paperwork in hand ready for us to sign. On the day of the wedding, the ceremony went flawlessly. He packaged our vows and our marriage license up neatly and handed it to us on the spot. He casually welcomed and spoke to our guests and was kind through and through. He made everyone very comfortable and I could not have been happier. I called him afterward with questions and he answered immediately and took the time to chat and congratulate us. You'll want David to stay just to chat afterward! He's very personable and I wouldn't have wanted to have it any other way. He made us feel as though he was an old friend.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Shelley B

Rev. Leninger did a very good job. He made it very easy to make our selections and made our ceremony feel personable. The only suggestion I have is to possibly use a mic. Our wedding was on the beach and I think some of guests had a hard time hearing.

Reviewed on 7/15/2016

Dr. Leininger did such a wonderful job at our wedding. The ceremony can be customized to the type and length of the ceremony, and he keeps complication and confusion way down when planning. He also came to our rehearsal the night before, and he kept the instructions simple and... Read More easy to understand. He took the marriage license that night to type everything up very nicely and to be sure it was ready to go the next day. At the wedding, David was confident and had everything perfect. The ceremony was beautiful and ran smoothly. He was also very friendly and a joy to share our special day with.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Morgan W

OH MY GOSH!!! There will never be enough words to express my gratitude for Rev. Dr. Leininger. He made our ceremony so special and so personal. We are forever grateful for his words of love and wisdom.

Reviewed on 6/05/2016

Dr. Leininger is a patient in my office and had always offered to perform our ceremony when the time came. Well, that time finally came. We finally got married on March 12, 2016 at the young age of 48, after 9 years together and the first for both of us. Dr. Leininger did a... Read More wonderful job. He made our wedding even more beautiful than it already was. David is warm and speaks from the heart. I don't know who cried more, me, my husband or the guests. We have received so many compliments from friends and family about Dr. Leininger. Everyone has told me our wedding was the best they have ever been to. They could feel the love in the room. Shawn and I are so grateful and will always hold Dr. Leininger very dear to our hearts for making our day so very special.Love, Cheryl and Shawn Brantley 3/12/16

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Nicole H

We are so grateful we had David to perform our ceremony. He was very kind and had a calm demeanor, which helped to ease my anxiety of being in front of so many people. We really enjoyed getting to customize our ceremony by having a selection of vows to chose from. David was very... Read More helpful throughout the process and we really enjoyed working with him! Thanks so much for being a part of our special day!

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Amy C

We had the pleasure of having David involved in our winter wedding on Hilton Head Island. We were impressed with him from the start! He was incredibly thoughtful and caring and made it a point to really get to know us as a couple. He worked with me on creating a ceremony that... Read More was unique to us and executed it with perfection. I had numerous guests tell us how much they enjoyed our ceremony! I would highly recommend him. Many thanks to him for making our day so wonderful.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

David and his wife Christie could not have made our "day" any better!!!! the BEST we could have imagined. personal, personable, charming, warm.Both Mark and I couldn't have been luckier having found David to perform our heartfelt, meaningful ceremony. We will be back for... Read More renewals of our vows... Truly wonderful!!

Reviewed on 3/08/2016

The best any one could ask for! He's kind and on time with a smile! We had our vows renewed on the beach and he was great! I recommend him highly for your wedding needs!

2016-03-09T15:52:49 Response from the vendor

Sweet words. Thank you. It was a pleasure helping you renew your vows. I look forward to meeting the kids when you bring them to the island for vacation this summer.

Reviewed on 12/05/2015

Rev. Leininger was awesome! Not only was the service fun and animated, as opposed to boring and rote, but, when the weather turned out to be cold, windy and rainy, he agreed to change the date and marry us on a beautiful day later in the week.

2015-12-05T15:47:14 Response from the vendor

Kind words indeed. Sometimes we are grateful for the flexibility that a small wedding affords...like being able to change the date and/or time at the last minute to deal with situations like bad weather. I'm glad we were able to shift on the fly.

Reviewed on 9/02/2015

Thank you Reverend David for making our vow renewal ceremony so special! Rev. David is a warm, kind, caring man. He was professional, accommodating and flexible with every aspect of our ceremony. It was obvious how important our ceremony was to him. We feel truly blessed to... Read More have met such a wonderful man! Thank you again for all that you do!

A Perfect Ceremony!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Elizabeth B

Reverend Leininger was warm, genuine, and accommodating! He made sure that the ceremony was completely our wishes, taste, and tone and truly something that was uniquely ours. The ceremony made the audience both laugh and cry, and more importantly, both my husband and I wouldn't... Read More have changed a single detail. Thank you so much for the perfect wedding ceremony!

2015-08-31T15:42:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you, ma'am. You are as kind in your review as you are in person.

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Elizabeth B

We were very pleased with Dr. Leininger. He was extremely professional and pleasant and he made everyone feel at ease. He was on time for the wedding rehearsal and the wedding and went through all our vows in a confident manner. We're very happy we chose him, he really added... Read More some flair to our ceremony!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015

We wanted a small destination wedding on Hilton Head island but were a little worried about doing everything over the phone since we weren't familiar with the island. Once we arrived on the Island, Rev. David took us around to all of the beaches so we could pick exactly what we... Read More wanted. I could not have asked for a better officiant for our wedding! Rev David is very easy to work with and I love that he printed out our entire ceremony so my husband and I would be able to remember it forever! Thanks, Reverend!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Alexis H

My husband and I were worried about finding an officiant for our wedding in Hilton Head. We decided to have a destination wedding. After meeting with David, we knew he would be perfect to marry us. From the first meeting, to the consistent emails, phone calls, rehearsal and... Read More ceremony-he was amazing. We loved how we could incorporate our ideas into the wedding and he had ideas to make it even more perfect! We look forward in staying in touch with David-we highly recommend to any future bride and groom!! Thanks again David

2015-08-23T18:40:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words, Alexis. It was a joy and a pleasure working with you.

Reviewed on 7/09/2015

David is incredible! He was always (and I mean always) responsive, via email, which was such a relief as a bride doing a million things, to make her wedding day perfect. He was always helpful with what we needed from the time we first spoke, down to the last minute before our... Read More ceremony. He truly cares about his bride and groom and wants to do everything he can to make things run smoothly on your big day. I think that's what stuck us the most about David- he is absolutely genuine & true. We appreciate him so much and love that he even gave us an entire script our our magical vows, as a keepsake. He is the best, and we are so blessed that he was a part of one of the most spectacular days of our lives. Thank a million, David!

2015-07-09T13:07:44 Response from the vendor

Goodness me!!! A million Thanks back at you for your kind words.

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Katie M

Deciding to have a destination wedding was exciting, but I worried about finding the perfect person to marry us. My photographer suggested Rev. Dr. David Leininger, and what a terrific suggestion he was!! We were so blessed to have met Dr. Leininger, and have him unite us as... Read More husband and wife. He is organized, easy to contact, friendly, and truly goes above and beyond. I highly recommend Rev. Dr. David Leininger--you will be SO happy to have him marry you! We have been blessed to have met him and had him officiate our wedding! Katie and Jason S

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Kate H

Rev David was absolutely amazing and made our wedding so memorable! We had a destination wedding and David was extremely easy to work with. He was so kind, helpful and wanted to make sure our ceremony was special to us which we greatly appreciated! Corresponding through email... Read More was very easy and he was on top of everything! The message that David provided for us at the ceremony was flawless and he, only having met him twice before need I add, was able to make it all so real, genuine and personable for us. It was perfect. You can tell that he is passionate about what he does, invests a great deal of time into each of his weddings, and wants to ensure all couples get the wedding of their dreams. Ours truly was. We need to add that we didn't realize until the next day that David provided us a copy of the ceremony to keep. This was such a thoughtful and appreciated touch for him to have done and is something we will be able to cherish for years to come. It was wonderful being able to re-read it the morning after! We feel so blessed to have had David a part of our wedding. It was the best day of our lives and we have David to help thank make it that! We highly recommend him to anyone else who gets married on Hilton Head Island or, anywhere near by for that matter!

Amazing Experience!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Tara W

We were so blessed and fortunate to be provided the contact information for David to officiate our wedding. Being that this was a destination wedding, we were very concerned about finding an officiant who could make our ceremony unique and personal. David was kind enough to meet... Read More with us before the wedding and just sat and talked with us and we immediately felt so comfortable with him. He was there for us all throughout the planning process and helped us customize the perfect ceremony. The ceremony felt so unique and personalized that it felt like it was being done by our own pastor! We absolutely loved the message of his ceremony and all our friends and family commented on how great he was! David really invested a great deal of time into us and that meant so much! He even gave us a copy of the entire ceremony for us to look back on! We cannot say enough about him and would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a wonderful officiant! He is awesome!

2015-05-29T10:40:54 Response from the vendor

You are so generous in your praise. Thank you very much.

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Kristen C

David was a wonderful officiant for our destination wedding to Hilton Head Island. As HHI is a 9 hour drive from where we live, everything had to be coordinated over the phone or via email. David was beyond great to work with. He's very easy going and laid back, but is able to... Read More get to the point and get things taken care of. His calm demeanor on the day of the wedding was a breath of fresh air and the manner in which he performed the ceremony was just the right amount of class and levity. David was a key part to the wedding of our dreams and in hindsight, we could not have made a better choice in picking him.

2015-05-29T10:37:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad I was able to help make your special day a true dream come true.