A Wedding in Paradise, Rev. Dr. David Leininger

Hilton Head Island, SC

A Wedding in Paradise

The Rev. Dr. David Leininger is a retired Presbyterian minister living on Hilton Head Island who enjoys officiating at destination weddings. Log on to our website, choose the elements of your ceremony (vows, readings, etc.) that will be uniquely meaningful to you, and we are ready for a perfect day.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Religious Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Presbyterian, Christian, Interfaith

4 Indigo Lane, Hilton Head Island, SC

Reviewed on 7/09/2015

David is incredible! He was always (and I mean always) responsive, via email, which was such a relief as a bride doing a million things, to make her wedding day perfect. He was always helpful with what we needed from the time we first spoke, down to the last minute before our... Read More ceremony. He truly cares about his bride and groom and wants to do everything he can to make things run smoothly on your big day. I think that's what stuck us the most about David- he is absolutely genuine & true. We appreciate him so much and love that he even gave us an entire script our our magical vows, as a keepsake. He is the best, and we are so blessed that he was a part of one of the most spectacular days of our lives. Thank a million, David!

2015-07-09T13:07:44 Response from the vendor

Goodness me!!! A million Thanks back at you for your kind words.

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Caroline C

I accidentally gave Dr. Leininger the wrong address for the location of our ceremony, and when he finally arrived (I broke my cell phone, therefore losing his cell phone number), he was as cool as a clam and even more friendly in person than he was over the phone. Dr.... Read More Leininger is a warm, friendly, calming soul that made our technical ceremony far more special than I thought it would be. Since we were being married by my uncle, a NJ resident, we had to have a technical ceremony done by an SC officiant before the actual ceremony (SC law states only an SC resident can officiate a wedding, sign the documents, etc). I saw other reviews for Dr. Leininger, and after reviewing his extensive and informative website, we decided he would be the best choice to officiate our ceremony. The website is amazing. He has all of these pre-written phrases, sayings, prayers and blessings for the ceremony on his website. You can choose one of those phrases or you can insert your own. You can add or omit certain parts of the ceremony and truly make it your own. However, during our ceremony, he not only spoke what we asked him to speak, he also added in some words of advice that were perfect for us, and they were lessons and advice we will remember for our many years together. Everyone at the wedding was obviously moved by what was happening, but Dr. Leininger's words and the way he delivered them to us were so meaningful and beautiful that I could barely speak my vows because I was crying so much. What meant even more to us is that he gave us a printout of the ceremony, of every word he said so that in the future, when we run into a hard moment, we can look at this ceremony and remember the promise me made to each other. Dr. Leininger even took care of the paperwork for us. If you are looking for an officiant that you feel as close to as a family member the moment you meet him, Dr. Leininger is the right fit for you. Thank you Dr. Leininger! You are amazing!

2015-05-29T19:26:13 Response from the vendor

I cannot imagine a more warm and wonderful response to our time together. Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words.

Reviewed on 9/02/2015

Thank you Reverend David for making our vow renewal ceremony so special! Rev. David is a warm, kind, caring man. He was professional, accommodating and flexible with every aspect of our ceremony. It was obvious how important our ceremony was to him. We feel truly blessed to... Read More have met such a wonderful man! Thank you again for all that you do!

A Perfect Ceremony!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Elizabeth B

Reverend Leininger was warm, genuine, and accommodating! He made sure that the ceremony was completely our wishes, taste, and tone and truly something that was uniquely ours. The ceremony made the audience both laugh and cry, and more importantly, both my husband and I wouldn't... Read More have changed a single detail. Thank you so much for the perfect wedding ceremony!

2015-08-31T15:42:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you, ma'am. You are as kind in your review as you are in person.

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Elizabeth B

We were very pleased with Dr. Leininger. He was extremely professional and pleasant and he made everyone feel at ease. He was on time for the wedding rehearsal and the wedding and went through all our vows in a confident manner. We're very happy we chose him, he really added... Read More some flair to our ceremony!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015

We wanted a small destination wedding on Hilton Head island but were a little worried about doing everything over the phone since we weren't familiar with the island. Once we arrived on the Island, Rev. David took us around to all of the beaches so we could pick exactly what we... Read More wanted. I could not have asked for a better officiant for our wedding! Rev David is very easy to work with and I love that he printed out our entire ceremony so my husband and I would be able to remember it forever! Thanks, Reverend!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Alexis H

My husband and I were worried about finding an officiant for our wedding in Hilton Head. We decided to have a destination wedding. After meeting with David, we knew he would be perfect to marry us. From the first meeting, to the consistent emails, phone calls, rehearsal and... Read More ceremony-he was amazing. We loved how we could incorporate our ideas into the wedding and he had ideas to make it even more perfect! We look forward in staying in touch with David-we highly recommend to any future bride and groom!! Thanks again David

2015-08-23T18:40:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words, Alexis. It was a joy and a pleasure working with you.

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Katie M

Deciding to have a destination wedding was exciting, but I worried about finding the perfect person to marry us. My photographer suggested Rev. Dr. David Leininger, and what a terrific suggestion he was!! We were so blessed to have met Dr. Leininger, and have him unite us as... Read More husband and wife. He is organized, easy to contact, friendly, and truly goes above and beyond. I highly recommend Rev. Dr. David Leininger--you will be SO happy to have him marry you! We have been blessed to have met him and had him officiate our wedding! Katie and Jason S

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Kate H

Rev David was absolutely amazing and made our wedding so memorable! We had a destination wedding and David was extremely easy to work with. He was so kind, helpful and wanted to make sure our ceremony was special to us which we greatly appreciated! Corresponding through email... Read More was very easy and he was on top of everything! The message that David provided for us at the ceremony was flawless and he, only having met him twice before need I add, was able to make it all so real, genuine and personable for us. It was perfect. You can tell that he is passionate about what he does, invests a great deal of time into each of his weddings, and wants to ensure all couples get the wedding of their dreams. Ours truly was. We need to add that we didn't realize until the next day that David provided us a copy of the ceremony to keep. This was such a thoughtful and appreciated touch for him to have done and is something we will be able to cherish for years to come. It was wonderful being able to re-read it the morning after! We feel so blessed to have had David a part of our wedding. It was the best day of our lives and we have David to help thank make it that! We highly recommend him to anyone else who gets married on Hilton Head Island or, anywhere near by for that matter!

Amazing Experience!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Tara W

We were so blessed and fortunate to be provided the contact information for David to officiate our wedding. Being that this was a destination wedding, we were very concerned about finding an officiant who could make our ceremony unique and personal. David was kind enough to meet... Read More with us before the wedding and just sat and talked with us and we immediately felt so comfortable with him. He was there for us all throughout the planning process and helped us customize the perfect ceremony. The ceremony felt so unique and personalized that it felt like it was being done by our own pastor! We absolutely loved the message of his ceremony and all our friends and family commented on how great he was! David really invested a great deal of time into us and that meant so much! He even gave us a copy of the entire ceremony for us to look back on! We cannot say enough about him and would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a wonderful officiant! He is awesome!

2015-05-29T10:40:54 Response from the vendor

You are so generous in your praise. Thank you very much.

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Kristen C

David was a wonderful officiant for our destination wedding to Hilton Head Island. As HHI is a 9 hour drive from where we live, everything had to be coordinated over the phone or via email. David was beyond great to work with. He's very easy going and laid back, but is able to... Read More get to the point and get things taken care of. His calm demeanor on the day of the wedding was a breath of fresh air and the manner in which he performed the ceremony was just the right amount of class and levity. David was a key part to the wedding of our dreams and in hindsight, we could not have made a better choice in picking him.

2015-05-29T10:37:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad I was able to help make your special day a true dream come true.

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Kristen L

I was very grateful to come across David, he came highly recommended and he did not disappoint! Me and my husband were lucky to get to meet up with him and chat with David for a while a couple of days before our wedding. It was nice to get to talk to him and get to know him a... Read More side from what I read about him on the internet. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant for their wedding, he is so nice and you can tell he loved his job.

2015-05-29T10:42:48 Response from the vendor

I do indeed love my job. Having the opportunity to spend time with folks like you on one of the happiest days of your life...what could be better???

A perfect ceromony

Reviewed on 4/03/2015

Rev Leininger provided a beautiful ceremony that you may choose from several well thought out services that he provides. They were all so beautiful it was hard to choose. He is very friendly and professional and extremely accommodating thank you Rev Leininger for... Read More creating a beautiful and memorable wedding for us in paradise.

Graceful Waterside Wedding

Reviewed on 11/30/2014 Michelle T

Rev David Leininger was the highlight of our wedding. As a bride, I had concerns about getting married by a "stranger". Rev David was inclusive and engaging. He welcomed us into his home and took time to talk with us about who we were and the type of service we would like to... Read More declare our vows to. He is kind and friendly, offered guidance on marriage and starting life after the big day, and left us both feeling like we had known him for years. He made our wedding ceremony lighthearted and uplifting while embracing the significance of the commitment we were making. His format allows you to help create a ceremony best fitted for you as a couple from beginning to end. We had so many compliments on the substance of our ceremony, which is truly what a Wedding day is about. I would highly recommend his services.

2014-12-01T15:05:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Mrs. K. You are too kind. Forget this "stranger" stuff. I expect to see you again when the two of you are here for vacation. Blessings to the both of you.

Way exceeded our expectations

Reviewed on 11/25/2014

I contacted Pastor David about 3 weeks prior to our wedding. I also contacted 3 other pastors in the Hilton Head area. We were looking for someone not only to perform the ceremony but also find someone we connected with. Two of the pastors never returned my call and the... Read More other one we did speak with just wasn't a good fit. From my initial conversation with Pastor David, he treated me like I was a member of his church and a true son looking out for my best interest. He was completely invested in our wedding and marriage from the first conversation. He was very intentional in making sure everything he and I spoke about that I discussed with my then fiancé as well. Pastor David was very detailed and even more supportive in making this a memorable occasion. We had an idea of how the ceremony was going to flow but he just added so much more spirituality, personality, care and concern. I really felt like it was my very own pastor performing the ceremony opposed to someone I had just met. After the ceremony was over he continued to pastor us, prayed for us and blessed our marriage. Many of our guests after the ceremony shared how awesome he was in performing the ceremony. In closing, Pastor David assistance and love he shared with us is priceless. He was nothing short of amazing. I highly, highly recommend anyone considering a destination wedding in Hilton Head to look no further than Pastor David. We received far more value than what we paid. He even did a follow up call with us a week later after the ceremony. How great is that. Thank you for all your assistance you showed us, and our families in making our day eternally memorable. We love you Robert & Kassandra Brown

2014-11-26T10:17:00 Response from the vendor

Goodness, gracious!!! That is the only way I can categorize your kind words. They were certainly gracious. And to me, that is nothing if not GOODNESS. They are most appreciated. Blessings on you both.

Wonderful wedding officiant in Hilton Head

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Melissa C

David was phenomenal since the first time I emailed him. His responses were always very timely and he was always very enthusiastic when we would talk about the wedding and what it entails! His whole philosophy in the way he does things was so perfect for the simple, but elegant... Read More wedding that we wanted near the beach. We met with him a couple of times beforehand so he could get to know us and he was readily available when we planned our rehearsal. The ceremony itself incorporated each aspect we wanted including the sand ceremony and he even customzied his verbage to talk about us personally- that made it so sweet! The price was so affordable, some of the best in the area! Thank you for making our day so perfect!!

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Kate B

I came across A Wedding in Paradise online while looking for an officiant for our destination wedding in Hilton Head. I am Catholic and my husband is not, so we were looking for a compromise for our families and decided to do an outdoor ceremony. David was an absolute perfect... Read More match for us. We were looking to have a traditional ceremony in an untraditional setting, and we were so grateful that he was able to customize it to exactly what we wanted. The ceremony was beautiful, and as a retired minister David is very comfortable officiating. He also has a wonderful speaking voice that really didn’t need a microphone. He held a rehearsal the day before so that we could make sure we were all on the same page. Additionally, he was able to give us a lot of other tips about wedding planning in Hilton Head that we may not have otherwise known. I cannot say enough good things about A Wedding in Paradise! Highly, highly recommend!

2014-10-15T13:23:28 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words. You were a delight to work with, and I look forward to seeing you again when you visit the island. Blessings on you both as you continue this marvelous journey.

Wedding in Paradise

Reviewed on 8/31/2014

Reverend Leininger officiated at our renewal of vows for our 50th wedding anniversary. Dr Leininger was very helpful and accommodating especially with my grandchildren who participated at the renewal ceremony as groomsmen or bridesmaids. Dr Leininger words were very thoughtful... Read More and meaningful and funny. He made everyone feel at ease. We couldn't be happier with Dr. Leininger. If we are fortunate to renew our vows in another 50 years. We would want Dr. Leininger as the officiant. Thank you for everything Reverend Leininger

Fantastic and so easy to work with

Reviewed on 8/16/2014

We planned a very small wedding in two months and contacted Rev. David Leininger less than two months before. It could not have been easier working with him. His website had everything we needed to pay him and select the exact words we wanted for the wedding. On the day of our... Read More wedding, he was great - friendly, calm and loud enough that our wedding guests could hear him over the waves and breeze! He has our highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 7/19/2014 Amanda S

We are so thankful to have found Dr. Leininger as our officiant for our destination wedding in Hilton Head. He was very prompt in returning emails and his website made it easy for us to customize our ceremony. He was early to the rehearsal and ceremony, didn't want to take any... Read More chances!! Thank you very much!!

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 8/17/2013 Lindsay H

Extremely flexible and caters to your desires for the ceremony. A wide selection of examples to choose from. He was extremely professional and a joy to work with

Made our Ceremony Special and Uniquely 'Us'

Reviewed on 5/06/2013 Jennifer R

David created a ceremony to our exact specifications and despite our short time with him, spoke to us as an individual couple. He's prompt and dependable and polite and best of all he is a great speaker. He made our ceremony special, unique and just the right amount of... Read More traditional.

The Perfect Officiant

Reviewed on 1/25/2013 Rose S

One of the problems with wanting a pastor/priest/etc at a destination wedding is that a lot of local pastors do not conduct marriages to people who are not members of their church. So we were worried and searched until eventually finding Dr. David Leininger, who specializes in... Read More destination weddings in Hilton Head. After thoroughly reviewing his website and a brief phone call, both parties agreed to work together. To say Dr. Leininger's website is helpful is an understatement. It is a comprehensive guide to a ceremony on Hilton Head and provides an amazing amount of detail that helped us choose our unique ceremony. Each part of the ceremony is divided into parts, and different passages/scripture/quotes were provided to choose from. You can choose from as much or as little religious influence as you want, and even include your own written vows or speeches. It was ideal. Because rain was forecast for our wedding day, we were anxious about the timing and Dr. Leininger was available at a moments notice and positive and supportive the entire time. Luckily for us, he lives only a few minutes away from the beach on which we were getting married, so when we moved the start time ahead by 90 minutes, he was ready and by our side in less than 10 minutes. He always had a smile on his face and happily spoke with each of our guests. He provided advice that we'll never forget and was the perfect person for the job. We couldn't have been happier with Dr. Leininger and I would recommend him to anyone. We might even use him again to renew our vows!