Abigail Kirsch at The Loading Dock

Stamford, CT

Abigail Kirsch at The Loading Dock

With a SoHo loft-like feel, The Loading Dock is a wonderful alternative venue for your ceremony and wedding reception. This modern, event space boasts hardwood floors, exposed duct work, and brick walls to create an unexpected industrial-chic backdrop. Unlike typical country clubs or banquet facilities, you don’t have to worry about competing with predesigned rooms when designing your celebration. Instead, The Loading Dock’s expansive, unadorned spaces mean you can create a dream wedding that truly reflects your personality. Renowned caterer Abigail Kirsch provides meticulous planning, creativity, impeccable food, and superior service allowing you to rest assured that your big day will be nothing less than perfect.

Loft

Food + Catering, Planning

The Industrial Park at 375 Fairfield Avenue, Stamford, CT (203) 357-7400

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Michele H

I honestly do not think there are enough good things I could say about The Loading Dock. I was beyond happy with everyone we worked with, the food, the service, and everything else. I knew from the second my fiance and I had our first visit that it was a unique and special... Read More place. We wanted something different and did not want your typical wedding venue. Choosing The Loading Dock was the best decision ever! We still get compliments about how amazing our wedding was, especially the food!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Amanda B

There are not enough ways to say thank you and WOW when it comes to the superb job that the Loading Dock provides. As an event director my expectations are high when it comes to quality, service and ease to work with and they so far exceeded our expectations. From the second we... Read More were welcomed into the Loading Dock we knew it was perfect for us and would allow us to throw a party unlike any other we had been to. Frank and Stephanie take the cake when it comes to outstanding people to work with. We can't thank you enough for making our day anything beyond what we dreamed of and for ensuring our guests all reached out to us to let us know that it was the best wedding they had ever been too! Thank you!! Amanda and Alex

September 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 2/04/2015

My wife and I were married at the Loading Dock in September of 2014 and we can't say enough about it! From the day we walked in, we knew it was the spot for us! The venue has a very modern, contemporary and raw feel, which we absolutely loved. When we met the people behind... Read More the venue, we were sold! They were very professional and courteous but extraordinarily friendly at the same time. We were looking for a venue that would provide "food all night" as opposed to a proper sit-down dinner and the Loading Dock's "Phases" menu did just that. The planning process was a breeze with the Loading Dock Team, including Jayme, Nancy, and Lorraine and all of the day-of details were taken care of before we could even ask about them! They were very thoughtful and thorough. We took our wedding pictures outside of the venue and there were even dedicated waiters and waitresses to bring us appetizers and cocktails so that we wouldn't miss the food at cocktail hour. In addition, there was at least one waiter/waitress per guest table and the bartenders were tremendous as well, never letting anyone go without a full glass. The service was absolutely impeccable and I would compare it to a four-star dining experience. With that in mind, the food was truly next-level. Not only was it inventive, inspired and out of the ordinary, but there really was something for everyone. From the Margarita served frozen in a Blood Orange peel to the Short-Rib Pie in a Jar, the presentation was gorgeous and the food tasted even better than it looked. Several guests remarked that their steak was some of the best they'd ever had and more than a few asked if the Loading Dock was open for dinner regularly. All in all, we'd absolutely recommend the Loading Dock for a wedding (and even other events). The staff was wonderful to work with and it showed how much they care about their customers and how proud they are of their work. The food was great, the decor was on point, and I honestly can't say enough about the venue. As a parting note, numerous guests told us that our wedding was the best wedding they'd ever been to, with the combination of the modern venue, excellent food and top notch service. Two of said guests had given weddings in the past 6 months for their own children, so take that for what you will! Thank you to the Loading Dock Team!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Jen K

We had our wedding The Loading Dock in May 2017. Our wedding was a dream come true and we could not have been happier with our venue choice. While at first we found ourselves intimidated by the “blank canvas” that the space presents, the team at the venue was incredibly... Read More accommodating, not only to us and our families, but to our vendors, many of whom they recommended. The space allows for almost anything in terms of décor and we ended up having a “secret garden” theme with string lights and greenery. Our wedding was completely unique and unlike any other wedding we had attended in the past. The food options were awesome and not only looked beautiful but tasted amazing. We were told by so many of our guests how the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding. Finally, the team was so attentive, whether it was allowing us to drop decorations off early, to making sure we always had a drink or a special platter of the food - they exceeded our expectations!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Abbie S

Incredible wedding venue!!! The space is awesome - a very cool space with great event flow. The food is absolutely delicious with so many options to choose from. And, the staff is friendly, attentive and professional. All of these elements together make up an amazing wedding... Read More venue. We continue to receive so many compliments from our guests about the venue, food and staff. The after party in the arcade game room was also such a fun way to end the night. Couldn't have imagined a better venue!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Eden U

SO happy with our wedding at The Loading Dock. The staff was incredibly attentive, constantly checking on myself, my husband, and the bridal party all day and making sure we had everything we could possibly need. The space was gorgeous, everyone from waiters to bartenders to our... Read More coordinator were incredibly professional and courteous. And I'm STILL getting texts about how incredible the food was. I've been told by many of our guests that they had the best steak of their lives that night! I'd HIGHLY recommend this venue.

7/11/15 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Laura K

Choosing The Hartford Club for our wedding venue was the best decision we could have made! We immediately fell in love the the beauty and charm of the elegant club and quickly fell in love with the staff. Elizabeth is extremely knowledgable and helpful and was always quick to... Read More respond. From the day we booked right through the reception we never had a worry. We knew she had thought of and planned for everything and we were well taken care of. The food and service was top notch and we are still hearing compliments about them!