CREATING THE MOST BEAUTIFUL YOU

Based in Los Angeles and serving Southern California, Kat Laskey and her team of professional makeup artists and hair stylists provide the luxury of on-site beauty services, custom-designed for you and your party. Voted Best of The Knot 2011-2015, and a recent inductee to The Knot's Hall of Fame, we are committed to your beauty and happiness… Email or call to set up a consultation!

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

Greater LA - OC - SB, Los Angeles, CA (786) 374-1548

Supreme Professional...Great Work!

Reviewed on 1/04/2011 Jillian B

I live in NY and was recently married in Palm Springs, CA. I found Kat online and felt comfortable with her from the start. She worked with me on creating a "day-of" beauty time line for myself and all of my girls and encouraged me to send her pictures of hair and makeup that I... Read More liked from magazines. She was great at staying in contact with me and she showed up on time and ready to go on the day of the wedding. She was completely professional and has such an easy way about her that she made the day very fun and stress-free. (My dad actually thought she was a girlfriend of mine from way back because she fit in so well). My hair and makeup turned out better than I could have ever expected. The airbrushed makeup photographed beautifully, but also did not look overdone in person. Kat is a doll deluxe and I would refer her to any of my girlfriends. :)

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Sarah K

Kat is a master. She and her assistant did make-up and hair for me and my bridal party for my October 2017 wedding. I felt comfortable with her from the start of my trial. She was very open to what I wanted and carefully used my example pictures and notes to create a fresh-faced... Read More and naturally beautiful look for my make up. I also have naturally curly hair and wanted to do it with my usual products and without heat styling. She created a beautiful, royal, flowing half-up half-down style, which was what I wanted. My mother, mother-in-law, and bridesmaids all looked and felt beautiful and noted how thrilled they were with her work. I can't recommend Kat highly enough!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Maya M

Kat is wonderful! She was incredibly thoughtful in her approach to my make-up, and made sure I felt beautiful without being "overdone". She also did make-up for my bridesmaids, and all of them were incredibly impressed with her work. Kat is professional, timely, and... Read More responsive to feedback and requests. I highly recommend working with her!

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 lia M

Kat and her team were great they were professional, arriving early and staying until I was out the door. My hair and makeup looked amazing and my bridesmaids were happy as well.

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Laura M

Wow, Kat did "Absolutely Beautiful" work. I found her online and was instantly attracted to the natural look of her work -- I knew she would help all of us feel our best without being caked in overdone makeup. From the beginning she was a great communicator -- she made me feel... Read More comfortable sharing what I wanted and what I liked and wanted changed after our trial. Day of, she was the picture of calm -- we didn't feel rushed at all and she kept perfectly to the timeline for the day. I knew my bridesmaids and I were in great hands but I was still wowed by the result. Everyone looked and felt beautiful, especially the MOB who had never had her makeup done and was worried about how it would look. And, our makeup stayed gorgeous even through a wild and crazy dance party!

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Alison K

I had a wonderful experience with Kat! I was very happy with our trial, but by the time our wedding day came, I had some new ideas for my hair. Kat executed my vision EXACTLY as I asked. I also had a major breakout days before the wedding and Kat was able to cover my skin... Read More beautifully. I didn't have to worry about it the entire day! I have never felt so beautiful and I am still amazed by how natural the makeup looks in all of our photos. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Blessy G

Kat is amazing at what she does!!! I loved my wedding make-up and hair. She focused on giving me exactly what I wanted and really tried to emphasize my natural features.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Julia V

Simply put, Kat is the BEST! Her ability to create the look you have in mind (and/or recreate a look from a photo) is exactly what I was looking for in a makeup and hair artist. She’s incredibly reliable, professional, and such positive energy. She not only did a perfect job on... Read More my hair and makeup, but she brought a calming vibe to a crazy morning. My makeup lasted through the end of my reception (it was actually still perfect when I woke up the next morning) and I felt beautiful every moment. It is important to surround yourself with the right people on your special day, and Kat was exactly that!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Michala D

Kat is the absolute best. So talented and professional and a real pleasure to work with. I found Kat on The Knot when I was searching for a makeup artist and hair stylist for my wedding in Palm Springs. It was important for me to look like myself on my wedding day, but I wanted... Read More to look and feel special. Kat helped me find the perfect balance and really listened to what I wanted and had a great vision for how to make it all come to life. She truly cared about making sure I felt happy with my look. On my big day, Kat managed doing several of my bridesmaids and the mothers hair and makeup. They all raved about how calm and professional she was amidst all the wedding day insanity, and they were all over the moon with how they looked. I was too. I couldn't have felt more beautiful on my wedding day and I have Kat to thank for that. I highly recommend you work with her on your big day. Do it!!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Caitlyn L

Kat was absolutely fantastic. I did quite a bit of research when searching for a hair/makeup artist for my wedding and when I stumbled across Absolutely Beautiful, I knew it would be a good fit. Considering the market, her prices are very reasonable but more importantly I... Read More appreciated her portfolio. Every bride looked great and natural, like the best versions of themselves. (Which is how you want to look on the big day). Kat was very open with me about the process and extremely receptive to any feedback or suggestions. Such fantastic work and I appreciated her team's efforts.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Courtney M

Kat was referred to me by my cousin. She was so accommodating scheduling my trial the day before my wedding. Her and her team made me feel so beautiful and special on my wedding day and rehersal. Their team was so professional, on time, and very calm, which helped me stay calm.... Read More I would recommend them to anyone who’s getting married!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017

As a person who doesn't wear make-up regularly, finding someone who understood how to balance a natural look while being bridal isn't easy to find. Kat did a perfect job! She made sure I looked flawless without pounds of make up. On my trial, though I had requested airbrush, Kat... Read More and I found that my skin looked better without and she actually wiped it all off and restarted to make sure I was able to keep my look as natural as possible. Day of the wedding, the look was better than the trial. I couldn't be happier and plan on having her do my make-up for future fancy events!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Dana L

Kat was amazing. My new sister-in-law asked me to help her coordinate hair and makeup for her wedding day. She found Kat online but after that I was in charge of all the communication and planning. Kat was super responsive to emails and inquiries. She usually responded the same... Read More day and was very patient with all my questions and flexible in scheduling since the bride's mother was coming from out of the country. The bride was very happy with the makeup trial and the day of Kat repeated that and did endless tweaks to make sure the bride was happy. She also was super calm and relaxed the day of and her chill energy was a gift that day. All the bridesmaids were happy with their makeup. And even though I don't usually wear makeup I trusted her to apply makeup to me (and lashes too). She did an amazing job. Her skills are amazing, she is very responsive and flexible, and was just a pleasure to have around. Thanks, Kat!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Ashley S

Kat Laskey was amazing! From the first phone call to the trial to the wedding day, she was so great to work with. She made sure to find out my style and the look I was going for, that by the time the trial started, it didn't take long for her to finalize my wedding day look. On... Read More the day of the wedding, she and her team were ready to go right away. She took my vision for my hair and makeup and exceeded my expectations. My hair and makeup remained flawless throughout the night. But most of all, she was such a calming presence during the day. She managed to be supportive while also helping me and my bridesmaids look great! I could not be happier with everything she did for us!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Jessica B

For our May 2017 wedding, I was referred to Kat by our venue coordinator, who raved about Kat's laid back style and naturally beautiful hair and makeup. Kat immediately put me at ease and I knew she would be a great match. Kat listened to my vision of a very natural look - I... Read More wear very little makeup on a daily basis - and aced it! I felt like a more beautiful version of myself and left my trial glowing. On our wedding day she was the ultimate professional, able to balance full hair and makeup for myself, my best friend and sister in law, while being a beacon of calm when the day started getting crazy. Kat incorporate each lady's personality and style and made them feel beautiful and confident. I appreciated that Kat pushed me to take a few more risks - like a few more eye lash extensions and slightly bolder colors - which were a perfect decision without overpowering me. When the day ended up being windier than anticipated, Kat made a few last minute changes to make sure everyone's style would last through the night. I could not have been happier working with Kat. She was easy to communicate with, has the ability to put everyone at ease while letting their style shine through, and of course her beautiful work. I would highly recommend Kat to everyone!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 tanya b

Absolutely Amazing! Kat and her team did such an incredible job for my wedding. All of my 10 bridesmaids looked incredible and she did an even more amazing job on me. We had a great trial run before hand but the day of came out even better. She is professional and extremely... Read More knowledgeable. I would recommend her to anyone for weddings or any special occasion.

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Sarah M

Kat was kind and responsive from when I first contacted her about doing my hair and makeup for our recent wedding reception. Even without doing a trial ahead of time (because I was an out-of-state bride), she did an amazing job on the day of! I was completely happy with both my... Read More hair and makeup, which came out great. She also had great positive energy, making her a pleasure to work with as I was getting ready.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Michelle V

Kat was amazing to work with from start to finish. My sister referred me to Kat after seeing what an amazing job she did for her engagement photos. I met Kat for my trial run at her home and loved her work! She did my hair and make up for my sister’s wedding and my wedding. I... Read More loved both results! She really knows how to capture the look you want. On the wedding day she was able to keep us on time and ready for pictures. My makeup definitely lasted the entire day! I highly recommend Kat and her team! Thank you for everything Kat!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Riza-Joy F

Finding Kat Laskey on The Knot was one of the best things that happened for me and my special day!!!!! What Kat does is pure magic!! She truly transformed me into how I wanted to look and more!! I knew immediately I struck gold after seeing her work during a Trial Run for my... Read More Engagement Photos! The best part of it all, was that she was able to replicate my look perfectly on my BIG day! I wanted a Beach Glam look, and that's exactly what she delivered each time!! Not only is she talented, but she is an amazing person. She is very open, warm and easy to talk to! She also has such a fun style and personality! I couldn't have asked for anyone better than her, and I would highly recommend her to everyone!! My mom who never wears makeup absolutely loved her too! Kat can do anything from natural to dramatic and still make you look fabulous no matter what! You really can't go wrong with her and you will not regret booking her and her Team! I am so blessed to have met her, and I plan to go back to her again and again!!! Thank you, Kat, for everything!! I truly appreciate you!!!!!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Desiree D

Gosh! If I could give Kat 300 stars, I would. She is honestly a master of her craft! I used her for my November wedding and had a large bridal party with 3 bridesmaids who have extremely long hair. Kat and her team managed to have us all ready on time (we had an extremely tight... Read More schedule) , but all looking flawless. As the bride, there is SO much pressure to look absolutely perfect and Kat made me feel just that. Perfection! Besides Kat being super talented, her demeanor is so calm and collected, something that I definitely needed around me on my wedding day. I cant wait to use her for my baby bump photos soon! Thanks again Kat!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Nicole P

Kat did my art deco glam hair & makeup for my great gatsby wedding and it was perfect. I felt like a glamorous bride & my 8 bridesmaids and two moms all looked stunning. Everyone also looked like themselves, not that over the top caked on makeup. I had guests telling me we... Read More looked like a photoshoot for vogue & glamour magazine. Kat, Nicoletta & Veronica all did a fantastic job & were patient amongst the wedding chaos that can happen getting ready. I would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Jenny T

Kat did a wonderful job on my makeup! She really made me feel gorgeous on my wedding day. I loved the way she made my skin so flawless and glowy that I felt so fabulous. All my girls, mother, and mother in law looked beautiful as well. Thanks again for making my day so... Read More perfect! :)

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Nicole O

Kat was AMAZING!!! I found her because she did one of my Bridesmaid's wedding and I could already see how good she was when I saw their hair and makeup. Kat did my hair and makeup and I have never felt so beautiful. Kat is professional and kind and wonderful to work with. She... Read More did hair for my bridal party as well and they were all gorgeous. And my hair and makeup help up for the entire wedding! I highly recommend her, she did a phenomenal job!!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 lauren R

Book as soon as you can!!! My original artist fell through and I was on a search for someone reliable just months before the wedding. Luckily I came across Kat's website and submitted a quote request. She called me within an hour. I seriously couldn't have asked for a better... Read More "getting ready" team for the morning of our wedding. All my bridesmaids said they were so relaxed and they didn't want to leave! Kat and Jackie and Tay were so amazingly talented!! Everyone was so happy!! Thank you, Kat!!!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 susan k

What an amazing find Kat Laskey was for us. She did our wedding makeup and hair. She is an expert at what she does and an amazing person. Unbelievable talent. More then any other wedding vendor, she made our day amazing. I don't know what we would of done without her. So... Read More grateful we found her.

Kat Laskey

Based in LA, Kat Laskey has been a full-time hair & makeup artist for the past 12 years. Kat started her career by working at MAC Cosmetics, and in 2009 began a freelance career. Now she works in the entertainment industry for fashion and commercial shoots during the week, but saves her weekends for weddings. Absolutely Beautiful was founded in 2010, and has won Best of The Knot and Wedding Wire ever since, due to Kat's commitment to her brides' beauty and satisfaction, and the great team of artists she works with… and doing it all with a smile!