CREATING THE MOST BEAUTIFUL YOU

Based in Los Angeles and serving Southern California, Kat Laskey and her team of professional makeup artists and hair stylists provide the luxury of on-site beauty services, custom-designed for you and your party. Voted Best of The Knot 2011-2015, and a recent inductee to The Knot's Hall of Fame, we are committed to your beauty and happiness… Email or call to set up a consultation!

Greater LA - OC - SB, Los Angeles, CA (786) 374-1548

Supreme Professional...Great Work!

Reviewed on 1/04/2011 Jillian B

I live in NY and was recently married in Palm Springs, CA. I found Kat online and felt comfortable with her from the start. She worked with me on creating a "day-of" beauty time line for myself and all of my girls and encouraged me to send her pictures of hair and makeup that I... Read More liked from magazines. She was great at staying in contact with me and she showed up on time and ready to go on the day of the wedding. She was completely professional and has such an easy way about her that she made the day very fun and stress-free. (My dad actually thought she was a girlfriend of mine from way back because she fit in so well). My hair and makeup turned out better than I could have ever expected. The airbrushed makeup photographed beautifully, but also did not look overdone in person. Kat is a doll deluxe and I would refer her to any of my girlfriends. :)

Reviewed on 8/17/2017

As a person who doesn't wear make-up regularly, finding someone who understood how to balance a natural look while being bridal isn't easy to find. Kat did a perfect job! She made sure I looked flawless without pounds of make up. On my trial, though I had requested airbrush, Kat... Read More and I found that my skin looked better without and she actually wiped it all off and restarted to make sure I was able to keep my look as natural as possible. Day of the wedding, the look was better than the trial. I couldn't be happier and plan on having her do my make-up for future fancy events!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Dana L

Kat was amazing. My new sister-in-law asked me to help her coordinate hair and makeup for her wedding day. She found Kat online but after that I was in charge of all the communication and planning. Kat was super responsive to emails and inquiries. She usually responded the same... Read More day and was very patient with all my questions and flexible in scheduling since the bride's mother was coming from out of the country. The bride was very happy with the makeup trial and the day of Kat repeated that and did endless tweaks to make sure the bride was happy. She also was super calm and relaxed the day of and her chill energy was a gift that day. All the bridesmaids were happy with their makeup. And even though I don't usually wear makeup I trusted her to apply makeup to me (and lashes too). She did an amazing job. Her skills are amazing, she is very responsive and flexible, and was just a pleasure to have around. Thanks, Kat!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Ashley S

Kat Laskey was amazing! From the first phone call to the trial to the wedding day, she was so great to work with. She made sure to find out my style and the look I was going for, that by the time the trial started, it didn't take long for her to finalize my wedding day look. On... Read More the day of the wedding, she and her team were ready to go right away. She took my vision for my hair and makeup and exceeded my expectations. My hair and makeup remained flawless throughout the night. But most of all, she was such a calming presence during the day. She managed to be supportive while also helping me and my bridesmaids look great! I could not be happier with everything she did for us!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Jessica B

For our May 2017 wedding, I was referred to Kat by our venue coordinator, who raved about Kat's laid back style and naturally beautiful hair and makeup. Kat immediately put me at ease and I knew she would be a great match. Kat listened to my vision of a very natural look - I... Read More wear very little makeup on a daily basis - and aced it! I felt like a more beautiful version of myself and left my trial glowing. On our wedding day she was the ultimate professional, able to balance full hair and makeup for myself, my best friend and sister in law, while being a beacon of calm when the day started getting crazy. Kat incorporate each lady's personality and style and made them feel beautiful and confident. I appreciated that Kat pushed me to take a few more risks - like a few more eye lash extensions and slightly bolder colors - which were a perfect decision without overpowering me. When the day ended up being windier than anticipated, Kat made a few last minute changes to make sure everyone's style would last through the night. I could not have been happier working with Kat. She was easy to communicate with, has the ability to put everyone at ease while letting their style shine through, and of course her beautiful work. I would highly recommend Kat to everyone!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 tanya b

Absolutely Amazing! Kat and her team did such an incredible job for my wedding. All of my 10 bridesmaids looked incredible and she did an even more amazing job on me. We had a great trial run before hand but the day of came out even better. She is professional and extremely... Read More knowledgeable. I would recommend her to anyone for weddings or any special occasion.

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Sarah M

Kat was kind and responsive from when I first contacted her about doing my hair and makeup for our recent wedding reception. Even without doing a trial ahead of time (because I was an out-of-state bride), she did an amazing job on the day of! I was completely happy with both my... Read More hair and makeup, which came out great. She also had great positive energy, making her a pleasure to work with as I was getting ready.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Michelle V

Kat was amazing to work with from start to finish. My sister referred me to Kat after seeing what an amazing job she did for her engagement photos. I met Kat for my trial run at her home and loved her work! She did my hair and make up for my sister’s wedding and my wedding. I... Read More loved both results! She really knows how to capture the look you want. On the wedding day she was able to keep us on time and ready for pictures. My makeup definitely lasted the entire day! I highly recommend Kat and her team! Thank you for everything Kat!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Riza-Joy F

Finding Kat Laskey on The Knot was one of the best things that happened for me and my special day!!!!! What Kat does is pure magic!! She truly transformed me into how I wanted to look and more!! I knew immediately I struck gold after seeing her work during a Trial Run for my... Read More Engagement Photos! The best part of it all, was that she was able to replicate my look perfectly on my BIG day! I wanted a Beach Glam look, and that's exactly what she delivered each time!! Not only is she talented, but she is an amazing person. She is very open, warm and easy to talk to! She also has such a fun style and personality! I couldn't have asked for anyone better than her, and I would highly recommend her to everyone!! My mom who never wears makeup absolutely loved her too! Kat can do anything from natural to dramatic and still make you look fabulous no matter what! You really can't go wrong with her and you will not regret booking her and her Team! I am so blessed to have met her, and I plan to go back to her again and again!!! Thank you, Kat, for everything!! I truly appreciate you!!!!!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Desiree D

Gosh! If I could give Kat 300 stars, I would. She is honestly a master of her craft! I used her for my November wedding and had a large bridal party with 3 bridesmaids who have extremely long hair. Kat and her team managed to have us all ready on time (we had an extremely tight... Read More schedule) , but all looking flawless. As the bride, there is SO much pressure to look absolutely perfect and Kat made me feel just that. Perfection! Besides Kat being super talented, her demeanor is so calm and collected, something that I definitely needed around me on my wedding day. I cant wait to use her for my baby bump photos soon! Thanks again Kat!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Nicole P

Kat did my art deco glam hair & makeup for my great gatsby wedding and it was perfect. I felt like a glamorous bride & my 8 bridesmaids and two moms all looked stunning. Everyone also looked like themselves, not that over the top caked on makeup. I had guests telling me we... Read More looked like a photoshoot for vogue & glamour magazine. Kat, Nicoletta & Veronica all did a fantastic job & were patient amongst the wedding chaos that can happen getting ready. I would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Jenny T

Kat did a wonderful job on my makeup! She really made me feel gorgeous on my wedding day. I loved the way she made my skin so flawless and glowy that I felt so fabulous. All my girls, mother, and mother in law looked beautiful as well. Thanks again for making my day so... Read More perfect! :)

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Nicole O

Kat was AMAZING!!! I found her because she did one of my Bridesmaid's wedding and I could already see how good she was when I saw their hair and makeup. Kat did my hair and makeup and I have never felt so beautiful. Kat is professional and kind and wonderful to work with. She... Read More did hair for my bridal party as well and they were all gorgeous. And my hair and makeup help up for the entire wedding! I highly recommend her, she did a phenomenal job!!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 lauren R

Book as soon as you can!!! My original artist fell through and I was on a search for someone reliable just months before the wedding. Luckily I came across Kat's website and submitted a quote request. She called me within an hour. I seriously couldn't have asked for a better... Read More "getting ready" team for the morning of our wedding. All my bridesmaids said they were so relaxed and they didn't want to leave! Kat and Jackie and Tay were so amazingly talented!! Everyone was so happy!! Thank you, Kat!!!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 susan k

What an amazing find Kat Laskey was for us. She did our wedding makeup and hair. She is an expert at what she does and an amazing person. Unbelievable talent. More then any other wedding vendor, she made our day amazing. I don't know what we would of done without her. So... Read More grateful we found her.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Carma S

Not only is Kat a pro at hair and makeup, she listens. We had a conversation about the overall look I wanted to achieve and she used her talent to make it happen. What she suggested was not what I had in my head, but the results were better than I had dreamed of! I still get... Read More complements on my hair. And people don't even mention the makeup because it just looked good, not made up.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lindsay R

I am so thankful that I had Kat as part of my wedding dream team! From the beginning, she was so accommodating and easy to work with. Her work is amazing and she only wants to execute your vision (no ego like some other artists!). She did an amazing job juggling my bridal... Read More party and the moms and everyone looked gorgeous! I can't thank her enough! I would HIGHLY recommend her to any bride!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Ana N

Kat is the best! She is easygoing and professional. The trial process is super easy and the trial itself was really fun and collaborative. She understood the natural look I was going for. She also did a really great job with my sister, my mom, and bridesmaid. She made sure... Read More everyone was satisfied with their hair and makeup before moving on and everyone looked great!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Alia S

KAT IS AMAZING!!! This review is very much long overdue! I got married in February earlier this year, and am so glad I had Kat to do my hair and makeup, and my girl's makeup. (Only reason the girls didn't do their hair with her is we had already planned for a family friend do... Read More it, otherwise Kat would've been the one!).She truly is amazing at what she does and I would use her over and over again! I highly recommend her to anyone looking for someone who gives you an absolutely beautiful finish at the end, all the while giving you a natural look. I knew after the makeup/hair trial that I would go with Kat. My first instinct when I looked in the mirror that time was "Wow, this is Amazing". Not only is she talented, but she has such a wonderful, kind personality as well. I also appreciated her asking me if I wanted her to get me any makeup to keep with me throughout the night. I trusted her, she bought me the lip color, I reimbursed her and it was perfect. Kat even followed up with me a couple months later to see how the newlyweds were doing. I cannot say enough how thankful I am to have had Kat. My sisters, bridesmaids, all who were there to help me get ready were very impressed with Kat as well and hope to use her too for future engagements. THANK YOU KAT!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Erica K

My experience using Kat's services for my August 28th wedding was a wonderful one and I would highly recommend her to anyone! She was very responsive from the time of my first inquiry when I wrote to find out her availability and set up the trial. She was very helpful in... Read More determining the best examples from websites/magazines for the "look" I was trying to achieve on my wedding day. I loved the trial, booked her services and she continued to impress me with her professionalism. She made everything so easy! On the big day, Kat and her assistant set us all at ease and even when things were a bit hectic with everyone running around, she kept it a stress-free environment. She did my hair and makeup exactly the way I had hoped for. It looked natural and not at all overdone but extremely polished and photographed wonderfully. She also did the hair for all of my bridesmaids and make up as well for my maids of honor, grandma and mom. Everyone looked so BEAUTIFUL and I'll always treasure how I felt confident and completely myself with her magic touch - just glowing :)

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kerry G

Kat is so amazing! I live in Massachusetts and got married in Redondo Beach, CA. I found Kat online and she was so nice and so understanding about that fact that I was not in the area! She was so flexible about scheduling a time to meet to do a trail for hair and makeup, as well... Read More as when we would sign the contract. We did a trail a few days before the wedding, and she was so sweet and made me feel very comfortable! The day of the wedding she did my hair and makeup, and makeup for my bridesmaids (her assistant did my bridesmaids' hair). Everyone looked so amazing! and Kat was so nice and so much fun while we were all getting ready! She also tried really hard to make sure I wasn't too nervous! I would definitely recommend Kat to anyone getting married in the LA area!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Ali O

Kat was incredible from start to finish! From our original meeting for the consultation to my final touch ups, Kat was always there to listen and help make me look perfect for my special day. I can't thank her enough for making me, my bridesmaids, my mother in law and my mother... Read More feel so comfortable and beautiful. Kat understood our needs perfectly and I have never felt more amazing in my life.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Marisa T

I first met Kat after I had a terrible hair and makeup trial with another potential vendor. I let her know of my previous bad experience and she did everything possible to make me feel comfortable and to deliver a simple, classic, and beautiful look. On the big day, she was... Read More nothing less than professional. She was calm and gave everyone drop dead stunning looks. My bridal party and I absolutely LOVED her- she perfectly applied make up and touch ups for everyone that not only looked amazing, but perfectly suited each of the bridesmaids and moms, and was able to bring in each person's individual style and personality. Such a great experience and I would highly recommend Kat and her team to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Leen T

I've been living in the Bay area, but we decided to have our wedding in LA. I found Kat online, which is the same way I found my husband and my venue among other things! She was very responsive and accommodating. It took me awhile get into contract but Kat was not pushy at all.... Read More Her rate was competitive and I am glad I did not cut corners on makeup. I've heard so many horror stories. The day before the wedding we did a trial and we went over example pictures of what I wanted and asked me what I liked from each picture. We came up with a natural look, emphasis on the eyes and light lip. I told her I was a chapstick girl and only wore eyeliner. She made me feel very beautiful and natural looking while still feeling like myself. The day of, she had her assistant set my hair (because of a prior engagement) but she sent pictures and details so she knew exactly what to do. Kat came an hour later, finished my hair and repeated her makeup magic. I really appreciated her services and her talent! Thanks Kat for your work! :)

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Candice M

Kat was absolutely amazing to work with! Its been a month since my wedding and I am still gushing over what a great job she did on my makeup. My cousin had recommended her and after not hearing back from other artists or being quoted insane amounts, I heard back from Kat... Read More immediately. Kat was extremely professional and responsive throughout the entire process and knows what she is doing! She worked with my indecision during the makeup trial and did an amazing job replicating and making it even better day of. She is super reliable and efficient and did an amazing job with my bridesmaids' makeup as well. You would be lucky to have her!

Kat Laskey

Based in LA, Kat Laskey has been a full-time hair & makeup artist for the past 12 years. Kat started her career by working at MAC Cosmetics, and in 2009 began a freelance career. Now she works in the entertainment industry for fashion and commercial shoots during the week, but saves her weekends for weddings. Absolutely Beautiful was founded in 2010, and has won Best of The Knot and Wedding Wire ever since, due to Kat's commitment to her brides' beauty and satisfaction, and the great team of artists she works with… and doing it all with a smile!