CREATING THE MOST BEAUTIFUL YOU

Based in Los Angeles and serving Southern California, Kat Laskey and her team of professional makeup artists and hair stylists provide the luxury of on-site beauty services, custom-designed for you and your party. Voted Best of The Knot 2011-2015, and a recent inductee to The Knot's Hall of Fame, we are committed to your beauty and happiness… Email or call to set up a consultation!

Greater LA - OC - SB, Los Angeles, CA (786) 374-1548

Supreme Professional...Great Work!

Reviewed on 1/04/2011 Jillian B

I live in NY and was recently married in Palm Springs, CA. I found Kat online and felt comfortable with her from the start. She worked with me on creating a "day-of" beauty time line for myself and all of my girls and encouraged me to send her pictures of hair and makeup that I... Read More liked from magazines. She was great at staying in contact with me and she showed up on time and ready to go on the day of the wedding. She was completely professional and has such an easy way about her that she made the day very fun and stress-free. (My dad actually thought she was a girlfriend of mine from way back because she fit in so well). My hair and makeup turned out better than I could have ever expected. The airbrushed makeup photographed beautifully, but also did not look overdone in person. Kat is a doll deluxe and I would refer her to any of my girlfriends. :)

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Desiree D

Gosh! If I could give Kat 300 stars, I would. She is honestly a master of her craft! I used her for my November wedding and had a large bridal party with 3 bridesmaids who have extremely long hair. Kat and her team managed to have us all ready on time (we had an extremely tight... Read More schedule) , but all looking flawless. As the bride, there is SO much pressure to look absolutely perfect and Kat made me feel just that. Perfection! Besides Kat being super talented, her demeanor is so calm and collected, something that I definitely needed around me on my wedding day. I cant wait to use her for my baby bump photos soon! Thanks again Kat!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Nicole P

Kat did my art deco glam hair & makeup for my great gatsby wedding and it was perfect. I felt like a glamorous bride & my 8 bridesmaids and two moms all looked stunning. Everyone also looked like themselves, not that over the top caked on makeup. I had guests telling me we... Read More looked like a photoshoot for vogue & glamour magazine. Kat, Nicoletta & Veronica all did a fantastic job & were patient amongst the wedding chaos that can happen getting ready. I would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Jenny T

Kat did a wonderful job on my makeup! She really made me feel gorgeous on my wedding day. I loved the way she made my skin so flawless and glowy that I felt so fabulous. All my girls, mother, and mother in law looked beautiful as well. Thanks again for making my day so... Read More perfect! :)

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Nicole O

Kat was AMAZING!!! I found her because she did one of my Bridesmaid's wedding and I could already see how good she was when I saw their hair and makeup. Kat did my hair and makeup and I have never felt so beautiful. Kat is professional and kind and wonderful to work with. She... Read More did hair for my bridal party as well and they were all gorgeous. And my hair and makeup help up for the entire wedding! I highly recommend her, she did a phenomenal job!!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 lauren R

Book as soon as you can!!! My original artist fell through and I was on a search for someone reliable just months before the wedding. Luckily I came across Kat's website and submitted a quote request. She called me within an hour. I seriously couldn't have asked for a better... Read More "getting ready" team for the morning of our wedding. All my bridesmaids said they were so relaxed and they didn't want to leave! Kat and Jackie and Tay were so amazingly talented!! Everyone was so happy!! Thank you, Kat!!!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 susan k

What an amazing find Kat Laskey was for us. She did our wedding makeup and hair. She is an expert at what she does and an amazing person. Unbelievable talent. More then any other wedding vendor, she made our day amazing. I don't know what we would of done without her. So... Read More grateful we found her.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Carma S

Not only is Kat a pro at hair and makeup, she listens. We had a conversation about the overall look I wanted to achieve and she used her talent to make it happen. What she suggested was not what I had in my head, but the results were better than I had dreamed of! I still get... Read More complements on my hair. And people don't even mention the makeup because it just looked good, not made up.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lindsay R

I am so thankful that I had Kat as part of my wedding dream team! From the beginning, she was so accommodating and easy to work with. Her work is amazing and she only wants to execute your vision (no ego like some other artists!). She did an amazing job juggling my bridal... Read More party and the moms and everyone looked gorgeous! I can't thank her enough! I would HIGHLY recommend her to any bride!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Ana N

Kat is the best! She is easygoing and professional. The trial process is super easy and the trial itself was really fun and collaborative. She understood the natural look I was going for. She also did a really great job with my sister, my mom, and bridesmaid. She made sure... Read More everyone was satisfied with their hair and makeup before moving on and everyone looked great!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Alia S

KAT IS AMAZING!!! This review is very much long overdue! I got married in February earlier this year, and am so glad I had Kat to do my hair and makeup, and my girl's makeup. (Only reason the girls didn't do their hair with her is we had already planned for a family friend do... Read More it, otherwise Kat would've been the one!).She truly is amazing at what she does and I would use her over and over again! I highly recommend her to anyone looking for someone who gives you an absolutely beautiful finish at the end, all the while giving you a natural look. I knew after the makeup/hair trial that I would go with Kat. My first instinct when I looked in the mirror that time was "Wow, this is Amazing". Not only is she talented, but she has such a wonderful, kind personality as well. I also appreciated her asking me if I wanted her to get me any makeup to keep with me throughout the night. I trusted her, she bought me the lip color, I reimbursed her and it was perfect. Kat even followed up with me a couple months later to see how the newlyweds were doing. I cannot say enough how thankful I am to have had Kat. My sisters, bridesmaids, all who were there to help me get ready were very impressed with Kat as well and hope to use her too for future engagements. THANK YOU KAT!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Erica K

My experience using Kat's services for my August 28th wedding was a wonderful one and I would highly recommend her to anyone! She was very responsive from the time of my first inquiry when I wrote to find out her availability and set up the trial. She was very helpful in... Read More determining the best examples from websites/magazines for the "look" I was trying to achieve on my wedding day. I loved the trial, booked her services and she continued to impress me with her professionalism. She made everything so easy! On the big day, Kat and her assistant set us all at ease and even when things were a bit hectic with everyone running around, she kept it a stress-free environment. She did my hair and makeup exactly the way I had hoped for. It looked natural and not at all overdone but extremely polished and photographed wonderfully. She also did the hair for all of my bridesmaids and make up as well for my maids of honor, grandma and mom. Everyone looked so BEAUTIFUL and I'll always treasure how I felt confident and completely myself with her magic touch - just glowing :)

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kerry G

Kat is so amazing! I live in Massachusetts and got married in Redondo Beach, CA. I found Kat online and she was so nice and so understanding about that fact that I was not in the area! She was so flexible about scheduling a time to meet to do a trail for hair and makeup, as well... Read More as when we would sign the contract. We did a trail a few days before the wedding, and she was so sweet and made me feel very comfortable! The day of the wedding she did my hair and makeup, and makeup for my bridesmaids (her assistant did my bridesmaids' hair). Everyone looked so amazing! and Kat was so nice and so much fun while we were all getting ready! She also tried really hard to make sure I wasn't too nervous! I would definitely recommend Kat to anyone getting married in the LA area!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Ali O

Kat was incredible from start to finish! From our original meeting for the consultation to my final touch ups, Kat was always there to listen and help make me look perfect for my special day. I can't thank her enough for making me, my bridesmaids, my mother in law and my mother... Read More feel so comfortable and beautiful. Kat understood our needs perfectly and I have never felt more amazing in my life.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Marisa T

I first met Kat after I had a terrible hair and makeup trial with another potential vendor. I let her know of my previous bad experience and she did everything possible to make me feel comfortable and to deliver a simple, classic, and beautiful look. On the big day, she was... Read More nothing less than professional. She was calm and gave everyone drop dead stunning looks. My bridal party and I absolutely LOVED her- she perfectly applied make up and touch ups for everyone that not only looked amazing, but perfectly suited each of the bridesmaids and moms, and was able to bring in each person's individual style and personality. Such a great experience and I would highly recommend Kat and her team to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Leen T

I've been living in the Bay area, but we decided to have our wedding in LA. I found Kat online, which is the same way I found my husband and my venue among other things! She was very responsive and accommodating. It took me awhile get into contract but Kat was not pushy at all.... Read More Her rate was competitive and I am glad I did not cut corners on makeup. I've heard so many horror stories. The day before the wedding we did a trial and we went over example pictures of what I wanted and asked me what I liked from each picture. We came up with a natural look, emphasis on the eyes and light lip. I told her I was a chapstick girl and only wore eyeliner. She made me feel very beautiful and natural looking while still feeling like myself. The day of, she had her assistant set my hair (because of a prior engagement) but she sent pictures and details so she knew exactly what to do. Kat came an hour later, finished my hair and repeated her makeup magic. I really appreciated her services and her talent! Thanks Kat for your work! :)

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Candice M

Kat was absolutely amazing to work with! Its been a month since my wedding and I am still gushing over what a great job she did on my makeup. My cousin had recommended her and after not hearing back from other artists or being quoted insane amounts, I heard back from Kat... Read More immediately. Kat was extremely professional and responsive throughout the entire process and knows what she is doing! She worked with my indecision during the makeup trial and did an amazing job replicating and making it even better day of. She is super reliable and efficient and did an amazing job with my bridesmaids' makeup as well. You would be lucky to have her!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Julie M

Kat is the absolute BEST!!! After my hair stylist fell through a few weeks before my wedding, my coordinator recommended Kat and I am so thankful that she did!! Kat came to my house to do both my hair and makeup for my rehearsal dinner as a trial and it was PERFECT! I didn't... Read More have any changes for her to make :) She has a way of enhancing your features that look beautiful in person as well as in photos. I felt glamorous, but I still looked like me! My hair was seriously PERFECTION! Kat was extremely responsive via phone calls, texts and emails. All of my friends and family loved her and her work. She is so fun to work with and made getting ready for my big day a breeze! Thank you Kat for everything!!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Alana P

I'm not sure I'll be able to say enough good things about Kat, but here goes! I'm not a big make-up person so I was a little nervous going into it. I did a trial first with Kat and she put all my fears at ease. She wasn't all up in my face or overwhelming. Instead, I gave a... Read More rough idea of what I was thinking and she used her creative genius to make it a beautiful reality. On the day of the wedding, Kat and her assistant drove miles, went through a creek (!) in order to do the make-up of me and my bridesmaids in a ranch house. My theme was nature-y, ethereal type and she absolutely did the beautiful finishing touches on our fairytale wedding. She's such a visionary, laid back, and a pleasure to be around. I can't say how grateful I am for her!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

Kat was a pleasure to work with. She was very calming and enjoyable to be around. My wife absolutely loved her make up and she looked amazing! The makeup really translated well in the wedding photos too! Kat is professional, accommodating, super talented, and we can't recommend... Read More enough.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Lauren H

What can I say about Kat but that she is an amazing artist! She and her team did hair and makeup for me, my bridesmaids, and the moms for my wedding, and everyone looked stunning and gorgeous! She really has a talent for bringing out people's natural beauty and enhancing their... Read More best features. She gave me an updo for the wedding, and people told me my hair looked like it was in the shape of roses because of the way she curled it! Kat is great about making sure you're happy with the way you look. She doesn't impose her opinions or her style on you at all, and she ultimately wants her clients to feel truly beautiful.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

Kat was so great to work with! She is patient, professional, and was a very calming presence on my wedding day. I was absolutely thrilled with how my hair and makeup turned out!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Alexandria H

What can be said about Kat that hasn't already been said?! She truly is absolutely wonderful to be around and her work is even better! I planned my Los Angeles wedding from Las Vegas and before I met Kat, I already had 3 makeup trials. This was kind of stressful for me because I... Read More usually do my own makeup for events and shows so I am a bit more picky than most but I did not want to have to do my own makeup on the wedding day. I also have oily skin so one of my main concerns was looking fresh and flawless all day long. Kat was incredibly amazing! She listened to my concerns, asked questions and made sure I was completely happy with my look. On the wedding day, her airbrush makeup looked flawless all day and I barely touched up at all with how busy our wedding day was. Kat and Carla also did hair and makeup for 3 of my bridesmaids and my mother and my aunt. My ladies ranged from those who wear makeup like a Kardashian everyday to others who don't wear any makeup at all. Everyone was beyond satisfied with their looks. Kat and Carla made every single woman feel comfortable and look ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!! Hiring Kat was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. THANK YOU KAT!!

2016-06-09T09:07:28 Response from the vendor

Wow! What an amazing review thank you!!! (Only note is that Veronica dos hair with me, not Carla... Just for future brides' reference;) Thank you again, I'm so happy you were happy!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Persis J

Kat, Catalina and Carla are miracle workers-- They made my bridal party of 12 and flower girls look amazing. They were very professional-- came early to set up and even waited for my girls who were coming in late. They were checking up on me and making sure I was ok. They were... Read More just the sweetest. My girls hair and makeup looked amazing and I am so glad we had Kat and her crew! I would highly recommend these girls.

Reviewed on 4/27/2016

Kat is AMAZING! This is the second family event she's done for us - she was extremely professional and made us look like supermodels. I can't rave about her enough. She's amazing! Can't wait for another occasion to use her again!

Kat Laskey

Based in LA, Kat Laskey has been a full-time hair & makeup artist for the past 12 years. Kat started her career by working at MAC Cosmetics, and in 2009 began a freelance career. Now she works in the entertainment industry for fashion and commercial shoots during the week, but saves her weekends for weddings. Absolutely Beautiful was founded in 2010, and has won Best of The Knot and Wedding Wire ever since, due to Kat's commitment to her brides' beauty and satisfaction, and the great team of artists she works with… and doing it all with a smile!